hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowsec candidate for CSM8

Lowsec candidate for CSM8

I think the time has come that we find a strong candidate who will represent lowsec in CSM8.

I am quite new compared to many of you around here. I am playing only for 2 years and saw the works of CSM5 (a bit), CSM 6 (completely) and now CSM7 (first half). CSM is getting better and better and they are having much more influence on CCP then ever before. What was missing is someone to influence CCP towards lowsec issues. In this last CSM we had 2 quasi lowsec members. Hans and Alekseyev. They were one of the most active members and they brought some nice things to lowsec. Crimewatch change (no 15 min timer), bounties and more lowsec inhabitants trough FW. But those features were more of a side effect than a focused change that will improve our beloved sec. Only focused change is the "tagforsec" that will come on TQ in February. It is a nice change and a good path to continue on in improving lowsec. Previous CSMs brought absolutely nth except nerfing Incursions and bringing all agents on lv 20.

CCP has changed its way of doing. From now on they will do themed expansions and will give small changes/features that will affect everyone. I think this is the right occasion to put pressure on CCP to deliver us at least 1 strong change/feature into lowsec each expansion.

So what i had in mind? I had in mind to open various threads on EVE-O forums and Failheap in order to find what changes/features we need and most important to find the right Candidate who will represent us.
    As i said before i am not much around and because of that i dont know much ppl who can do this job.

We are not many around lowsec who care about lowsec. Because of that i think we should stick together and make our votes count.

So if anyone is willing to step up pls write here.

Personally i would like to see candidates like Rixx Javix. I think he would be an ideal CSM candidate of lowsec.

The EVE O thread going on.

--------------------------------------------------------

Atm, reading around net i found 2 possible candidates that are willing to represent lowsec.

Confirmed: Marc Scarus
    Possible: Andrejs
    Last edited by Zloco; February 3 2013 at 11:29:59 PM.

Lowsec is pretty good atm, imo.

(make titan bridging in lowsec impossible, make boosting inside/near forcefields or at gates/stations impossible and maybe boost the ores and it would be perfect imo)

I'd vote for http://evewho.com/pilot/islador but I don't think he's running.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Re: Lowsec candidate for CSM8

Nerf supercaps in lowsec pls. Titans and motherships.

But in a way that stops the standard becoming slowcats.

telephone

****What i had in mind is to give to lowsec a purpose, an identity. The purpose is a quick buck (at least faster and bigger isk rewards than highsec) the identity would be the transition btw highsec and lowsec into null and viceversa.

How to achieve those things?

***Quick buck

- Exploration
    - Missions
    - Mining (Drug manufacturing should be available in lowsec too)
    (the new tagforsec idea is very welcomed into this script)

All of those activities need to be doable fast but yield more isk than they do in highsec.

- Exploration: There is need a faster spawn rate of plexes (1-3/10). U dont want bears come form highsec and search for hours for something meaningful, because they ll be probably dead.
    - Missions: Lot and faster NPC spawns. Shorter but dense missions.
    - Rare spawn of dense rare materials in standard asteroids, which u can deplete in15 mins max and should yield a nice amount of isk.

Hint: There would be a need of fine tuning. These activities shouldnt be to short so that the bears have chance to be caught. Risk vs reward should be present. 15 min should be enough for each.

***Transition Highsec<>Lowsec<>WH or Nullsec

There are few stakeholders that are meaningfull for this transition:
    - Casual highsec visitors (they are after the quick buck and we settled them with previous tips)

The other group is:
    - Corps/Alliances that became too good for highsec and they want to try the end game (WH/Nullsec). The trial for the endgame should be Lowsec, but how to motivate those group to try first lowsec? Bare with me little more and i it will be a bit more clear.
    - Booted Nullsec Alliances/Corps. They should retire into lowsec, reorginize and consolidate. But why would they do that when u literally will have harder time to survive in lowsec than in null? Answer coming soon.
    - Entities that like Lowsec mechanics (organized corps, mercenaries, pirates etc.)

- And Militia. But i want talk to much about them. Cos they are now a sec for themselves and are standing pretty good.

The problem is that the Lowsec atm. is like null on steroids (difficulty wise) for entities trying to be self sufficient and survive. The isk is very very poor and not there is not lot going on, not a lot ppl to shoot at.

Whats was the motivation to change the situation. Again the same 3 saviours:

- Exploration: 4,5,6/10 plexes should be more present around lowsec.
    - Missions: Lv 4 missions should ve the quality risen at least double to 40.
    - Minning: More meaningful gravitometric anomalies. With dense asteroids that can be depleted faster and yield same or even more than normal.
    - Lowsec stations sohuld be buffed a bit

And the ultimate motivation, sovereignty?

Highsec should ve the beggining of the ownership with POSs.
    Militia has its own sovereignty
    WH has its own. U can claim a WH and make it a fortress, almost inpenetrable.
    And Null sec that we know all about.

Sow what kind of sovereignty Lowsec needs?
    Not the generic, stadardized sov, but fictional. Sov claimed by presence and dominion in an area. But to motivate that dominion we need that area to be a bit more special.

My corp recently moved into a system, attractive one and i think we made our presence noticed. We achieved some kind of dominion because all entities that were around before, are not anymore. Why we choose that system. It has some nice composition of moons, where we settled our pocos. We receive taxes and do our own PI. it is connected with highsec. Which means some more taxes trough PI and camping opportunity. It has 2 lv 4 agents and 1 lv 5. The system is pretty good but is not even close enough. All of our members have alts elsewhere adding helping our mains and corp to be competitive.

So how to make the areas interesting for dominion.
    Make them special. Make some constellations or systems have higher spawn rate for 4,5,6/10 plexes. Make some areas awesome for mining industry. Make some places awesome for drug manufacturing and some with awesome agents. Make some stations having even bigger bonuses. Some with lots of WH openings.

That kind of lowsec would be damn attractive. And would make a perfect highway for Nullsec with some motels.

And in my opinion only when that kind of Lowsec is balanced compared to Highsec, u will have easier time to revamp Nullsec and u ll know exaclty what to buff and how to buff.

I am considering running.

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    I am considering running.
    That is a good news.

Apparently Pinky Feldman was just a rumor. And Marc Scarus got some nice words from Hans, citing: "Will never run, as much as he's been a big help in 2012. Marc Scaurus, former Tusker, WILL be running. And he has my endorsement. He constantly challenged me to do my best for the low sec community, especially those outside of Faction Warfare, and I couldn't imagine a better man to take my place in the coming year. He will have one of my votes."
    Last edited by Zloco; January 19 2013 at 03:27:07 PM.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Please don'let the lowsec vote be split between two candidates. Neither will get it.

telephone

There will be a new voting system this year, so it might not matter all that much

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Please don'let the lowsec vote be split between two candidates. Neither will get it.

telephone
    Exactly. That is the purpose of this thread. So we can get an idea who is the best one, coordinate our votes and voila.

And to Mike. Candidates will still need quite few votes to enter into CSM no metter what the voting system is.
    Last edited by Zloco; January 19 2013 at 04:09:11 PM.

Lords Servant for csm!
    (id prefer sule to marc )

Akjon imo

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

(make titan bridging in lowsec impossible, make boosting inside/near forcefields or at gates/stations impossible and maybe boost the ores and it would be perfect imo)

FW lowsec is pretty decent at the moment. Thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garviel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

FW lowsec is pretty decent at the moment. Thats about it.
    Exactly.

And anyone for Force projection nerfed. Jump drives, Titan bridges, Jump bridges nerfed and let say black ops buffed a bit?

I'll probably be stepping up to run for CSM and to safeguard the interests of lowsec.

Good, good

I updated the initial post with confirmed and possible candidates for CSM lowsec seat.

As Hans stated Marc Scaurus is a sure candidate to represent lowsec. U can read some of his words on his blog.

He has a good history with lowsec so i am quite confident he can do very well. He is atm in a nullsec Alliance, but apparently he dropped roles and he s getting back to his roots. That was my only real concern about him and now it is pretty much solved.

Well i wish him luck.
    Last edited by Zloco; January 22 2013 at 09:16:22 AM.

Some thoughts I have:

0.4 should be upgraded to proper lowsec. Right now you can't deploy fighters, anchor reactors etc, it's dumb. The description of POSes still say that you need starbase charters for them in 0.4 even though you don't. Just make it real lowsec.

Lowsec PvE needs a buff. Maybe not belt rats, because newbies who come in from highsec won't like BS rats in the belts, but there needs to be something. If they add the new sec status tags those might be a good income source, but who knows. Maybe make them more likely to drop for players with low sec status?

Incursions in lowsec should not inherit balance changes intended for the highsec sites. Lowsec incursions were fine before the nerf but now it's not realistic to run them.

Do supercaps belong in lowsec? I think it's worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    Do supercaps belong in lowsec? I think it's worth discussing.
    Personally, I like the idea of supers being a null only tool. FBs cannot be deployed in lowsec would be my suggestion, as that'd basically stop supers from being useable in lowsec. Titans are already pretty much neutered in lowsec.

:Tabletz:

Figured I would post an update here - I'm not running this year (and perhaps never) due to the effect having my name on the interwebz could have on my career.

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    Figured I would post an update here - I'm not running this year (and perhaps never) due to the effect having my name on the interwebz could have on my career.
    Well it is pitty. I think u could do very well up there.