hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: [devpost] Combat Battlecruisers

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmenhoven View Post
    Cyclone will have lolbad DPS and shit tank thanks to the ASB nerf.
    HAMs got a buff and use a proper tank mod?

also 100m3 is a sexy number =]
    also also 6 lows on a brutix as well as a PG increase could be very interesting.
    Compare the Drake's DPS with 7 single bonused launchers to the Cyclone's 5 single bonused launchers and get back to me.

Sure it has 50m3 drones, but that's less than 200 dps with Hammer IIs and unbonused autocannons are sooooo bad
    Do you know what, no i'm not going to go do that useless comparison and then get back to you. Stop being bad and comparing apples to oranges.
    Yeah shield tanked missile ships with tanking bonuses are in totally different arenas
    Surely you are being deliberately obtuse now. I was referring to you comparing different proportions of a ships offensive output.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    The PG increase on the Brutix is pretty much unnoticeable
    Doesn't need it anyways.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

100 mn ab Brutix!!!

just kidding.

also also 6 lows on a brutix as well as a PG increase could be very interesting.
    Compare the Drake's DPS with 7 single bonused launchers to the Cyclone's 5 single bonused launchers and get back to me.

Sure it has 50m3 drones, but that's less than 200 dps with Hammer IIs and unbonused autocannons are sooooo bad
    It's an RoF bonus which is worth more than a flat damage bonus (compares to 7.5%/level flat damage bonus IIRC). Added to a 50m3 drone bay and a decent tank and I don't see what you're sperging about.

I mean who cares we need someone to make EFT changes so we can all post fits that prove our respective points, call each other idiots and then go back to never logging in.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Re: [devpost] Combat Battlecruisers

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I mean who cares we need someone to make EFT changes so we can all post fits that prove our respective points, call each other idiots and then go back to never logging in.
    Paging namamai

[devpost] Combat Battlecruisers

It's an RoF bonus which is worth more than a flat damage bonus (compares to 7.5%/level flat damage bonus IIRC). Added to a 50m3 drone bay and a decent tank and I don't see what you're sperging about.

Point is it has 40% fewer launchers (its main source of DPS) than its primary competitor (the Drake) and its 25 extra cubes and two unbonused turrets won't make up for that, especially when you consider damage mods.

The Drake also has 500 more raw shield HP (5250 vs 4750), an additional mid slot and a better tanking bonus.
    Last edited by OrangeAfroMan; January 9 2013 at 02:15:10 AM.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Northern Nomad

Point is it has 40% fewer launchers (its main source of DPS) than its primary competitor (the Drake) and its 25 extra cubes and two unbonused turrets won't make up for that, especially when you consider damage mods.

The Drake also has 500 more raw shield HP (5250 vs 4750), an additional mid slot and a better tanking bonus.
    The drake has effectively 1.8something more unbonused launchers, i think 25m3 of extra drone space and two unbonused turrets would make up for that even after considering damage mods.

The drake has effectively 1.8something more unbonused launchers, i think 25m3 of extra drone space and two unbonused turrets would make up for that even after considering damage mods.
    Then you're being willfully ignorant
    Actually an '06.

Or neuts

The PG boost to the brutix is actually extremely noticeable on second take.

A standard neutron-passive-shield brutix gets (effectively) TWO extra lowslots.

[Brutix, GankBrutix]
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
    Damage Control II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
    Large Shield Extender II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Warp Scrambler II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Valkyrie II x5

Fits like a charm. That's a fairly substantial increase to applied dps across a variety of ranges.

edit: Current brutix uses a PDS in the last low (technically you can fool around with it and get the TE in the last low already. Implants or an FS-9 Extender)
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Or neuts
    You think it will have the PG to fit HAMs+Med Neuts+MWD+XLASB/Med Injector+XLSB? I think not. Its actually LOSING 10pg
    Last edited by OrangeAfroMan; January 9 2013 at 02:37:05 AM.
    Actually an '06.

Cyclone is more effective at having things shoot at it that it can actually kill.
    Last edited by Tyrus Tenebros; January 9 2013 at 03:10:28 AM.

Then you're being willfully ignorant
    nope

Their total dps output is actually similar (Drake has slightly more), but the cyclone has utility highs, and the cyclone is way faster and more agile, and as some may have noticed that in the drake changes it's speed and agility have been nerfed into the ground. It also lost some fitting which means it can't actually fit a full rack of hams/hmls with full tackle, t2 tank and t2 bcus anymore, you have to start dropping things to meta for it to fit.
    My latest PVP video: Freestyle III

Re: [devpost] Combat Battlecruisers

I'm going to be active tanking the shit out of that prophecy.

Whispers of an armor rep change is stirring my loins.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridith View Post
    Paging namamai
    About two hours ahead of you :P Install over EFT 2.17.1. You guys know the drill.

http://www.bittervet.com/eve/eftfile...013_Append.zip
    http://www.bittervet.com/eve/eftfile...13_Replace.zip

Unhappy

Meh, Ferox gets the optimal bonus and tanking bonus again. If that's the bonuses it must have at least make it a 7/6/4 config instead. That would make it a great brawler.

Also;

People whine about tanky brick drakes

CCP makes it more brickish.

CCP troll best troll.

Oh just noticed. "7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer effectiveness "

Yup, they're clearly doing something with armor reps. My guess would be a constant repamount/s for the entire rep cycle.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; January 9 2013 at 05:33:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroi Okami View Post
    in the drake changes it's speed and agility have been nerfed into the ground. It also lost some fitting which means it can't actually fit a full rack of hams/hmls with full tackle, t2 tank and t2 bcus anymore, you have to start dropping things to meta for it to fit.
    That's a bit hyperbolic.

Current HAM drake: 82k EHP, 1038 m/s, 11.2 s mwd-active align (EHP/speed before heat)
    New HAM drake: 79k EHP, 1003 m/s, 11.9 s mwd-active align (using an IFFA in place of a DC II)

I wouldn't describe that as being nerfed into the ground.

The Prophecy looks pretty decent with these changes.
    Once upon a time, men called me Tsubutai

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroi Okami View Post

Their total dps output is actually similar (Drake has slightly more), but the cyclone has utility highs, and the cyclone is way faster and more agile, and as some may have noticed that in the drake changes it's speed and agility have been nerfed into the ground. It also lost some fitting which means it can't actually fit a full rack of hams/hmls with full tackle, t2 tank and t2 bcus anymore, you have to start dropping things to meta for it to fit.
    Their align time is basically the same
    Actually an '06.

Also, why would you give the ferox and cyclone extra lows rather than mids?
    Once upon a time, men called me Tsubutai