hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1125 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 125625102510751115112211231124112511261127112811351175 ... LastLast
Results 22,481 to 22,500 of 24212

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    to argue that discussing politics is wasted is to miss the point of the discussion in the first place, it's not the most effective form of praxis, but shitposting is, in a way, praxis.
    "Voluntate superatur forum cacatus oratio"
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    to argue that discussing politics is wasted is to miss the point of the discussion in the first place, it's not the most effective form of praxis, but shitposting is, in a way, praxis.
    "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."

Praxis of the cultural paradigm of expression typically presents in narrativity as it is used to oppress the mythopoetic reality and expand postdialectic libertarianism.

Or as a great mind once elucidated more succinctly for the incumbent layperson:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Shaikar; July 6 2020 at 11:30:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    As someone who has probably never done anything meaningful with their life it's interesting you show such a fetish for slavery and hatred.
    Penal labor in the United States is explicitly allowed by the 13th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution: "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
    I know your chronic illness is probably stupidity and really you should blame yourself for that and not some random person in the White House but I still don't see why you are against prisoners working or indeed putting back into society what they have taken away?

it's not a fucking reasonable choice being provided, the coercive environment it happens in assures that.

so no, always no.
    And tell me what is the reasonable choice for convicted criminals?
    Last edited by Meester; July 6 2020 at 11:37:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
    "certe."
    meh

cogito, ergo sum stercoreposter
    Last edited by Spaztick; July 7 2020 at 12:32:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    As someone who has probably never done anything meaningful with their life it's interesting you show such a fetish for slavery and hatred.
    Penal labor in the United States is explicitly allowed by the 13th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution: "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
    I know your chronic illness is probably stupidity and really you should blame yourself for that and not some random person in the White House but I still don't see why you are against prisoners working or indeed putting back into society what they have taken away?

it's not a fucking reasonable choice being provided, the coercive environment it happens in assures that.

so no, always no.
    I hope you get exiled to some shithole rock on the Isle of Mann, but you'd enjoy that too much m8. No one cares what you think, you're just a racist bitter shit.

so no, always no.
    Can you genuinely not see how the use of cheap prison labor might create some perverse incentives in our justice system?

Like, say, by creating an incentive to send more people to prison for longer sentences because you can make a profit off of them? We have a whole for-profit prison industry that thrives off of telling justice to take a back seat to money.

I know this requires you to think more than one or two steps beyond what's in front of your face (work = good, therefore prison slavery good?), but this really isn't complicated.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Banned
    I hope you get exiled to some shithole rock on the Isle of Mann, but you'd enjoy that too much m8. No one cares what you think, you're just a racist bitter shit.
    You care enough to respond to my bad posting and not enough to come up with something not approaching an insult. Also its Isle of Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

Can you genuinely not see how the use of cheap prison labor might create some perverse incentives in our justice system?

Like, say, by creating an incentive to send more people to prison for longer sentences because you can make a profit off of them? We have a whole for-profit prison industry that thrives off of telling justice to take a back seat to money.

I know this requires you to think more than one or two steps beyond what's in front of your face (work = good, therefore prison slavery good?), but this really isn't complicated.
    You have just proved that if there is a problem then it is not prison labour.

Of course Meester would argue that the root cause is not the problem, it's the behaviours that it creates that are the problem.

He only comes here to be told how shit he is so he can jerk off over it while he cries.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

so no, always no.

The benefits of prison labour outweigh the needs of the criminal classes, or that of the liberal intelligentsia in academia. All of history's great empires have been built on the back of excessively exploited labour and there is a no more moral position achieving this than exploiting criminals.

Criminalising society is apparently virtuous?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Criminalising society is apparently virtuous?
    Individuals criminalize themselves. There is no such thing as society. Society never goes on trial.

David Cameron has been retconned for recognising the existence of gay people and big society, clearly not the right type of conservative.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

David Cameron has been retconned for recognising the existence of gay people and big society, clearly not the right type of conservative.
    im sorry i pointed out the phrase "criminalizing society" means absolutely nothing. Like all of your communist waffle, really. BOO HOO! QUICK attack Cameron. History will show him to be a visionary when the Brexit dust settles. You will have statues to him, mark my words

well played duck.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

not the pig fucking, eh?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    im sorry i pointed out the phrase "criminalizing society" means absolutely nothing. Like all of your communist waffle, really. BOO HOO! QUICK attack Cameron. History will show him to be a visionary when the Brexit dust settles. You will have statues to him, mark my words
    will his statues include the pig, or the british people, as the thing he fucked?
    meh

yes
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.