hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 887 of 899 FirstFirst ... 387787837877884885886887888889890897 ... LastLast
Results 17,721 to 17,740 of 17972

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    he's not being outright offensive consistently
    hates gays, hates women, really fucking hates trans people and is about six inches from posing in mock crusader gear with a celtic cross tattood on his forehead

and he's not offensive?

right.
    if you can't see the difference between not agreeing with other people on things like abortion rights and 'gas the kikes' i'm not even going to debate it.
    So "gas the kikes" is where one has got to get to to be told to wind one's neck in? That's the benchmark you want aim for?
    no iirc he said something pretty obviously racist against blacks, got banned and then did the gas the kikes which got him a perm from me.

funfact, we/me got a little bit of shit about that even because muh freedoms. we also all got a lot of shit for actually moderating, so people can't have it both ways. i'd like to think i'm pretty fair wrt moderation, but happy to hear otherwise.
    Yeah I was in fact very unfair to the mod team over that whole affair and put my hands up and apologise.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    PoliteHitlerSmuggo.png

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    no iirc he said something pretty obviously racist against blacks, got banned and then did the gas the kikes which got him a perm from me.

funfact, we/me got a little bit of shit about that even because muh freedoms. we also all got a lot of shit for actually moderating, so people can't have it both ways. i'd like to think i'm pretty fair wrt moderation, but happy to hear otherwise.
    I'm not asking why you banned rak. Nobody with half a braincell to borrow needs that explained.

I'm asking if you're happy with that being the benchmark for intervention. In the space of less than 2 weeks smuggo has knocked out some 450 posts exclusively on such friendly topics such as:
    - Why the blood and soil of our protestant, anglo-saxon fatherland should be respected above all else
    - Why transgenderism is a myth
    - Why anyone believing themselves to be transgender is delusional
    - How our lord and saviour Jesus Christ-opher Hitchens has changed his stance on the world in a matter of minutes
    - Why beating children is not only ok, but the very duty of a parent
    - And also that parent must stay married to the child's father no matter what happens or how much the world has moved on since the 1950s
    - Oh and if she's a woman she'd better stay at home or God have mercy on her harlot soul

And remember, none of these things are being presented as an opinion, just statements of superior, god-dictated fact.

Now, I don't particularly give a shit whether or not he really believes any of this shit; it's consistent with his character and it's an inordinate amount of effort to go to just for a troll so I think we can all draw a conclusion there. Nor do I particularly care that no single post has crossed some arbitrary line the screechier members would prefer you to draw in the sand; after all lark and smarnca and a bunch of others routinely post far worse things in isolation. But they don't do so thirty times a day, and they usually do so with tongue placed firmly in cheek.

It's about moderation. Moderate.
    How is this form of posting any different than raks before he went completely overboard and got the ban? We all dealt with it back then by ignoring him.

Our posting guidelines has been, don't be dicks to eachother and don't spam/break the forum and you are within accepted norms and wont be subject to any sanction. What you want to do now is introduce a third guideline moderating based on opinion.

The strongest issue I have with smuggos shitposting as of lately is his transphobic statements. But it isn't hate speech. He has an opinion about transgenderism that I'm sure can be offensive to a lot of people but it isn't rakshahsha level bad. If he starts shitting on those people with downright nasty vitriol things will be a little different though. But saying you don't believe in transgenderism isn't that bad, even if it's moronic.

Also, what I take from smuggos flip-flop is this: he threw his toys out of the playpen and left and now he is back with a vengeance just to see how big of a dump he can leave in said playpen. If you play along you are just going to be covered in poo. So now is the time to exercise what smuggo isn't able to do: self control, and ignore him as long as he continues to post his obvious bait.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    what helgur says. i don't really want to become thought police.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    he is back with a vengeance just to see how big of a dump he can leave in said playpen.
    here's a radical thought - tell him to do it somewhere else?

what helgur says. i don't really want to become thought police.
    Great so i can tell him to kill himself for being a moron then?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    He has an opinion about transgenderism that I'm sure can be offensive to a lot of people but it isn't rakshahsha level bad. If he starts shitting on those people with downright nasty vitriol things will be a little different though. But saying you don't believe in transgenderism isn't that bad, even if it's moronic.
    Were you drunk while you posted this? Or is english not your first language and you don't understand what some of these words mean?

I refuse to believe that this is a real post from somebody who's supposedly level-headed enough to be a mod

>telling people to kill themselves: wrong
    >telling people that they're either mentally ill or do not exist at all: perfectly fine

Really makes you think.

I guess I can just say that I believe black people are mentally inferior, it's just my opinion and isn't that bad, even if it's moronic. Or is racism not okay? where's the line?

(hint, calling an entire group mentally ill IS shitting on them and being downright nasty)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; November 15 2017 at 12:57:03 AM.

Children can't consent. That's a very important principle of our legal structure: that which is done to children happens with their parents' permission, not the child's.

Also, black people don't typically try to get medical procedures to turn themselves or their children white. Many trans people do seek medical treatment to change gender. It is a medical issue, and it certainly causes other mental health issues. Gender reassignment surgery also often fails to improve these secondary mental health issues, and can make them worse.

Gender reassignment surgery is permanent. Transgender children sometimes lose the feeling of being the wrong gender during puberty. Permanent sterilization is a very extreme thing to do to a child, especially when it's not guaranteed to help them.

All that said I don't think transgenderism is purely a mental issue. As with many other things there are likely several causes that simply present the same symptoms, and should be treated differently depending on underlying cause.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    You might feel you are so strongly in the right that you think replying in such a manner would be justified, but it never is if you want your argument to carry any weight by the people you are trying to convince. Even if you would be in the right. Which you are not.

I would even find this slightly amusing, where it not for the fact you are now putting me in a position where I have to defend smuggos posting. And I cannot tell you the amount of contempt you are reaping from me right now because of this. And yes let us be perfectly clear about it, it is not me who are putting myself in this position. It is you by trying to move the goalposts of moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    >telling people to kill themselves: wrong
    >telling people that they're either mentally ill or do not exist at all: perfectly fine

Really makes you think.
    I'm not going to engage in a long, drawn out debate with you (mainly because having a mature discussion with you about anything is as futile as trying to go to the moon in a hot air balloon), but there is a difference between stating an opinion with the intent of having a discussion and stating an opinion with the intent of being vile cunt. Telling someone to kill themselves count as the latter. Telling people they think there are mental illness involved behind human behaviour, count as the first.

Or is racism not okay? where's the line?
    Hate speech is pretty much never ok. What smuggo said regards to mental illness and transgenderism is not hate speech. Rest assured that even if you can't differentiate between ignorant opinions of moronic posters and hate speech, your friendly neighbourhood mod team can.

edit RE: elmicker

I said that was my take on it. Not going to dictate what other people can say on this forum based on a hunch I have.
    Last edited by helgur; November 15 2017 at 12:35:00 PM.

As I told you before xeno, don't be the old Smuggo now throwing a fit over mods, please. It was dumb then and it's dumb now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    DON'T MOD US FREE SPEECH FREE SPEECH

MOD MOD MOD MOD

Modding is a two way street, you want it or you don't.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    cullnean, specifically they want it on other people and don't want it on them

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Also, black people don't typically try to get medical procedures to turn themselves or their children white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    DON'T MOD US FREE SPEECH FREE SPEECH

MOD MOD MOD MOD

Modding is a two way street, you want it or you don't.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    cullnean, specifically they want it on other people and don't want it on them
    Keep it right where it is tbh, recent mod posts include:

Retracting a spurious infraction and apologising for it.
    Telling xeno he doesn't get to lobby for infractions.

Modding is currently enjoying a golden age, pretty much magnum opus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Modding is currently enjoying a golden age, pretty much swan song.
    ayyy

Banned
    Report on the times today about a Labour woman's officer being subject to harassment by the aggressive transgender lobby. Her and the whole executive committee resigned today over it. This is another danger of this way of thinking as it hurts women the most so you might want to think about that before you virtue signal on this topic again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Report on the times today about a Labour woman's officer being subject to harassment by the aggressive transgender lobby. Her and the whole executive committee resigned today over it. This is another danger of this way of thinking as it hurts women the most so you might want to think about that before you virtue signal on this topic again.
    tfw we're back to "caring about anything is virtue signalling"

Get some new material you cretin

This is basically a Candy Crush post.

"Group X that believes Y led to unsavoury thing happening to Z. You also believe Y and are therefore positioning yourself as an enemy of Z because I'm judging you for X's action"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Banned

It is when your position isn't based on any rational assessment of the situation and instead on regurgitating what you've been told to think.

But here we have women's rights and trans rights in direct conflict and the latter will always infringe on the former. So which do you support?

It is when your position isn't based on any rational assessment of the situation and instead on regurgitating what you've been told to think.

But here we have women's rights and trans rights in direct conflict and the latter will always infringe on the former. So which do you support?