hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 884 of 899 FirstFirst ... 384784834874881882883884885886887894 ... LastLast
Results 17,661 to 17,680 of 17972

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    If only there was a rather lengthy medical evaluation process to go through to be prescribed those kinds of things. That'd be a rather good idea, don't you think?
    Why prescribe them to children at all?
    Why not? I'm interested in what reasons you can come up with as a medical professional that would make doing so a risky option. Try and take your own ethics out of it, I dare you.
    Isn't Cosmin a medical professional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    If only there was a rather lengthy medical evaluation process to go through to be prescribed those kinds of things. That'd be a rather good idea, don't you think?
    Why not? I'm interested in what reasons you can come up with as a medical professional that would make doing so a risky option. Try and take your own ethics out of it, I dare you.
    Isn't Cosmin a medical professional?
    Very possibly. I'm just curious what Smuggo comes up with that hasn't already been considered and isn't just personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator
    Sofia Roseburn; quiet, well mannered librarian by day; blood crazed, psychotic demigod by night.

Banned
    Well here's a study in the damage chest blockers can do: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1...alCode=tchs20&

And honestly interested in why you think giving a young child hormones as they go through puberty isn't going to cause them problems. It can lead to girls voices being wrecked for good and becoming very deep, and permanent infertility is another risk. These treatments are playing with children's lives at a time when they lack the power of consent.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Well here's a study in the damage chest blockers can do: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1...alCode=tchs20&

And honestly interested in why you think giving a young child hormones as they go through puberty isn't going to cause them problems. It can lead to girls voices being wrecked for good and becoming very deep, and permanent infertility is another risk. These treatments are playing with children's lives at a time when they lack the power of consent.
    What's chest binding got to do with puberty blockers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

You've yet to offer me anything categorical that isn't already considered. In fact, the article that you've linked is completely irrelevant in the scope of the prescription of hormones. Do feel free to try again.

Very little medicine is completely risk free, nor is making decisions about gender identity for a child an easy one; indeed it's why there's a lot of safeguards in place to make sure that the decision made is the right one. Does that always result in the best outcome? No, it doesn't, but to focus on only the negative rather than the overall effect such things can have with gender dysphoria shows you can't remove your own personal bias from the equation.
    Last edited by Sofia Roseburn; November 14 2017 at 12:53:09 PM.

Sofia Roseburn; quiet, well mannered librarian by day; blood crazed, psychotic demigod by night.

Banned

You've yet to offer me anything categorical that isn't already considered.

Very little medicine is completely risk free, nor is making decisions about gender identity for a child an easy one; indeed it's why there's a lot of safeguards in place to make sure that the decision made is the right one. Does that always result in the best outcome? No, it doesn't, but to focus on only the negative rather than the overall effect such things can have with gender dysphoria shows you can't remove your own personal bias from the equation.
    Why do it for children at all? Let them decide as an adult instead of dosing them up without care for the consequences. At least some of them will simply grow out of it so I see absolutely no case for medical intervention until they are grown up.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

>it can lead to girls voices becoming very deep

THATS THE POINT

whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

>it can lead to girls voices becoming very deep

THATS THE POINT
    And what if they decide that actually they didn't want to become a boy at all? Their voice is still destroyed.

Why do it for children at all? Let them decide as an adult instead of dosing them up without care for the consequences. At least some of them will simply grow out of it so I see absolutely no case for medical intervention until they are grown up.
    What you're failing to acknowledge is that's already the case for the majority of cases. The situations where hormones are prescribed are where a lot of boxes have been ticked; there's also the fact that they're more effective pre-puberty so the outcome is more likely to be a desirable one.

Again, you're making it pretty clear that your argument is based on personal opinion and you've not really done any research into this. Trolling is a art though, so congrats on that.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Apparently the official FHC mod statement is "this is fine" in regards to smuggoposting

Cool I guess, Smuggo can keep jerking off

Banned

What you're failing to acknowledge is that's already the case for the majority of cases. The situations where hormones are prescribed are where a lot of boxes have been ticked; there's also the fact that they're more effective pre-puberty so the outcome is more likely to be a desirable one.

Again, you're making it pretty clear that your argument is based on personal opinion and you've not really done any research into this. Trolling is a art though, so congrats on that.
    But you're interfering in a child's development? How can I be the only person who thinks this is wrong? You could do irreparable to them with such meddling and you do it without them being able to give adult consent. I suspect it is a scandal in the making as these kids grow up and sue the NHS for screwing up their bodies.

But you're interfering in a child's development? How can I be the only person who thinks this is wrong? You could do irreparable to them with such meddling and you do it without them being able to give adult consent. I suspect it is a scandal in the making as these kids grow up and sue the NHS for screwing up their bodies.
    What's the minimum age that the NHS will prescribe hormone treatment Smuggo? I know the answer, do you?

Banned

What's the minimum age that the NHS will prescribe hormone treatment Smuggo? I know the answer, do you?
    Currently 18 but some private clinics already do as young as twelve and some lobbies are pressuring the NHS to reduce its age currently.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...es-children-uk

So the scam is to get a private company to do it and then 6+ years later sue the NHS. Got it.

e: if you were gonna do that, you'd be better off just crashing a car at 5mph 3x per year and finding a dodgy engineer to write it off, claim for whiplash and all that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    So the scam is to get a private company to do it and then 6+ years later sue the NHS. Got it.
    Given the current climate the NHS will likely capitulate to demands soon. The fact it is legal at all to administer it to children is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Given the current climate the NHS will likely capitulate to demands soon. The fact it is legal at all to administer it to children is awful in my non-professional opinion.
    ftfy

Currently 18 but some private clinics already do as young as twelve and some lobbies are pressuring the NHS to reduce its age currently.

So what you're trying to make out as a transgender factory (in your view) is actually a rather fringe thing that is only happening under rather select circumstances? Gosh, that almost sounds like rather individual situations where a lot of consideration has gone into things.

Banned

So what you're trying to make out as a transgender factory (in your view) is actually a rather fringe thing that is only happening under rather select circumstances? Gosh, that almost sounds like rather individual situations where a lot of consideration has gone into things.
    Shouldn't be done to children at all and IMO discussion of the issue should be an issue for them and their parents not propagandised at school.

Shouldn't be done to children at all and IMO discussion of the issue should be an issue for them and their parents not propagandised at school.
    Evidence of said propaganda?