hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 882 of 899 FirstFirst ... 382782832872879880881882883884885892 ... LastLast
Results 17,621 to 17,640 of 17971

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

I know I'm just feeding the troll, but I can't help but ask "what's it to you?"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    I know I'm just feeding the troll, but I can't help but ask "what's it to you?"
    When people are being forced to deny reality by policy creep then it is everyone's concern. This attempt to wipe away any meaningful distinction between men and women is alarming and wrong.

Ah yes, I forgot you're a Victorian. I should have expected such a weak argument. The amusing thing is that, biologically, there's basically no meaningful difference prior to puberty at school and, even once you get to puberty, gender dysphoria can actually have biological foundations.

As for "wrong", that's a terrible appeal to moral authority, of which you have none.

Banned
    What are the biological foundations then?

The way I see it is either you think is there is no distinction between men and women, in which case why does it matter which you are that you need to change it?

Or you recognise there are important and intrinsic differences in being a man or a woman in which case simply changing you physical appearance would not be sufficient. Indeed you can at most look like you are from the opposing gender, but you haven't actually become that gender.

I'm also concerned this is being pushed on very young children with little regard for what it will do to them and with absolutely no concern over whether parents actually want this to happen. Also no one voted for it either so under what mandate is this change being forced upon us?

Political Shots Fired Thread

You're not worth the time going into the details of the biological factors, especially when a quick Google would bring you the answers.

Also, your contention that these things are being pushed on children is unsupported.

Banned
    Ah I'm not worth the time, another way of saying you don't actually know. Thanks for clarifying.

For anyone who might actually be interested in intelligent discussion on the issue there's a very good piece in the Times today. Can post text later if you can't get past the pay wall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Ah I'm not worth the time, another way of saying you don't actually know. Thanks for clarifying.
    Nope, it just means that I value my time more than going into detail with you.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Anyone interested in intelligent discussion wouldn't talk to Smuggo

Banned
    Sure pal.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    TIL women wear tutus because of biology

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    TIL women wear tutus because of biology
    They stole tights from men the knaves!

Sure pal.
    Not all of us are jobless bums, m8.

So now even the CofE has broken as easily as a wet paper bag in the face of the transgenderism lobby. What should have been the last bastion of defence against this madness couldn't be bothered it seems.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...rch-of-england
    The CoE isn't the final guardian of anything. That's the Catholic church, apostate.
    meh

Sure pal.
    I mean this is your endgame to be fair. Be so obnoxious and thick headed people give up.

You're doing a stellar job.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Sure pal.
    I mean this is your endgame to be fair. Be so obnoxious and thick headed people give up.

Give up? He didn't even try and you're the one who is constantly throwing abuse at me and have the cheek to call me obnoxious.

Sure pal.

Give up? He didn't even try and you're the one who is constantly throwing abuse at me and have the cheek to call me obnoxious.
    I'm all cheek. And he did try, but was clever enough to realize you can't convince a radical moron.

Banned
    Sure pal.

I'm all cheek. And he did try, but was clever enough to realize you can't convince a radical moron.

Radical? Surely the idea that people can change their gender is the radical position here?

Sure pal.

Radical? Surely the idea that people can change their gender is the radical position here?
    Dunno you're the one alluding to morality and religion and not giving people freedom.

Also it's more about being radically dedicated to your current brand of idiocy.

Banned
    Sure pal.

Dunno you're the one alluding to morality and religion and not giving people freedom.

Also it's more about being radically dedicated to your current brand of idiocy.

Morality is a framework for responsible and effective freedom. Total freedom should be always be constrained by morality. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

What is my current brand of idiocy you keep accusing me of having?

Surely there's a spectrum of belief between accepting gender dysphoria is real and sexual reassignment surgery is the best fix for it?

Because I'm more than happy to accept trans people aren't just being attention seeking, but I'm not convinced surgery is always in their best interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.