hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 975 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659729739749759769779789851025 ... LastLast
Results 19,481 to 19,500 of 20577

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Engineers being near universal fedora tipping incels does not surprise me
    Pretty much my experience having studied engineering and then worked in and around engineering companies for several years.
    And I'm working in a engineering firm with around 40 co-workers just in my r&d department (in this location). We literally don't have a single fedora tipping nerd. Fuck I'm probably the biggest nerd here. But do continue to be bitter about not being able to finish uni.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Engineers being near universal fedora tipping incels does not surprise me
    Pretty much my experience having studied engineering and then worked in and around engineering companies for several years.
    And I'm working in a engineering firm with around 40 co-workers just in my r&d department (in this location). We literally don't have a single fedora tipping nerd. Fuck I'm probably the biggest nerd here. But do continue to be bitter about not being able to finish uni.
    I think that means you're all fedora tipping incels and don't notice because you like it.

I guess the question here is 'so what?'.
    It seems like there is a difference in what men and women are looking for in a job.
    The google dude pointed that our and gave some ideas on how to improve the workflow to make women feel more welcome.

I got the feeling that some people here on FHC where somewhat offended about the idea that women and men are different in that regard. Just wanted to give some perspective.

Freedom to choose a STEM career doesn't have much to do with internal cultures at engineering firms which may be putting women off.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But the Global Gender Gap Index is more then "Freedom to choose a STEM career"
    I doubt a women in Norway will have the same gender problems then one in Algeria or Turkey.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Freedom to choose a STEM career doesn't have much to do with internal cultures at engineering firms which may be putting women off.
    If a natural rate of interest among women in STEM subjects produces graduate rates of 20% - 25%, then this means that the optimal gender distribution in STEM roles is 25/75 not 50/50.

The UK right now has a 23/77 split in STEM roles, so we still have to overcome those last few things that are putting women off but are far closer to equality than many may realise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

If a natural rate of interest among women in STEM subjects produces graduate rates of 20% - 25%, then this means that the optimal gender distribution in STEM roles is 25/75 not 50/50.

The UK right now has a 23/77 split in STEM roles, so we still have to overcome those last few things that are putting women off but are far closer to equality than many may realise.
    The natural rate of interest is still affected by cultural stigma attached to engineering, whether in an academic or career sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

What natural rate of interest is this? Before the '80's women outnumbered men in computer science because it was considering menial or clerical. When it became fashionable suddenly the male percentage shot up.

In all highly regarded or well paid positions in our society it's trivially easy to predict which sex dominates and it's always the same one. It has little or nothing to do with a natural rate of interest or natural ability.

Women are taught to aim lower while men are taught that they deserve prestige.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Yes but that's true for all jobs. I don't think it's possible to completely remove cultural stigma from some type of careers.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    careful now, #yesallmen

The natural rate of interest is still affected by cultural stigma attached to engineering, whether in an academic or career sense.
    And probably even more factors.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Like women's brains being a third smaller than men's?
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Like women's brains being a third smaller than men's?
    It is also proven that they can only understand mathematics in the context of shoes

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Seems relevant.

http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Seems relevant.

Tapapapatalk
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Wish I could.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Seems relevant.

Tapapapatalk

Wish I could.
    She left out Brenda Spenser, the 16 year old girl who committed the Cleveland school shooting (imortalised in the "I don't like Mondays" song)...actually she didn't, I just failed to see the page 2 button.

Margret Thatcher didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the Argies either.

Queen Boudicca didn't hesitate to wipe out entire cities either.
    Last edited by Maximillian; March 1 2018 at 03:07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Seems relevant.

Tapapapatalk

Wish I could.
    She left out Brenda Spenser, the 16 year old girl who committed the Cleveland school shooting (imortalised in the "I don't like Mondays" song). And Margret Thatcher didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the Argies either.
    Page two. She mentioned just didn't have a picture.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Seems relevant.

Tapapapatalk
    Holy shit , what a slam dunk on moore, let's get this woman in our den of degenerates.

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

Moore's a fat idiot who spends too much time virtue signalling.

Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Seems relevant.

Tapapapatalk
    Holy shit , what a slam dunk on moore, let's get this woman in our den of degenerates.
    I fully understand the point she rightly did want to make.

But the inconvenient truth also is that looking at the total numbers, the fast majority in the places he listed are male. So if he only didn't exaggerate by using the term "No women", but rather put it like "Very few women", he'd be spot on, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Seems relevant.

Tapapapatalk
    I fully understand the point she rightly did want to make.

But the inconvenient truth also is that looking at the total numbers, the fast majority in the places he listed are male. So if he only didn't exaggerate by using the term "No women", but rather put it like "Very few women", he'd be spot on, I'm afraid.
    Yeah. Sorry ladies. You just aren't able to compete in the 'terrible human beings' race. Just goes to show men really are superior at some things.
    meh