hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 975 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659729739749759769779789851025 ... LastLast
Results 19,481 to 19,500 of 20577

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

  1. #19481
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Engineers being near universal fedora tipping incels does not surprise me
    Pretty much my experience having studied engineering and then worked in and around engineering companies for several years.
    And I'm working in a engineering firm with around 40 co-workers just in my r&d department (in this location). We literally don't have a single fedora tipping nerd. Fuck I'm probably the biggest nerd here. But do continue to be bitter about not being able to finish uni.


    

  2. #19482
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Engineers being near universal fedora tipping incels does not surprise me
    Pretty much my experience having studied engineering and then worked in and around engineering companies for several years.
    And I'm working in a engineering firm with around 40 co-workers just in my r&d department (in this location). We literally don't have a single fedora tipping nerd. Fuck I'm probably the biggest nerd here. But do continue to be bitter about not being able to finish uni.
    I think that means you're all fedora tipping incels and don't notice because you like it.

  3. #19483
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I guess the question here is 'so what?'.
    It seems like there is a difference in what men and women are looking for in a job.
    The google dude pointed that our and gave some ideas on how to improve the workflow to make women feel more welcome.

    I got the feeling that some people here on FHC where somewhat offended about the idea that women and men are different in that regard. Just wanted to give some perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Freedom to choose a STEM career doesn't have much to do with internal cultures at engineering firms which may be putting women off.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But the Global Gender Gap Index is more then "Freedom to choose a STEM career"
    I doubt a women in Norway will have the same gender problems then one in Algeria or Turkey.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  4. #19484

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    5,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I guess the question here is 'so what?'.

    Freedom to choose a STEM career doesn't have much to do with internal cultures at engineering firms which may be putting women off.
    If a natural rate of interest among women in STEM subjects produces graduate rates of 20% - 25%, then this means that the optimal gender distribution in STEM roles is 25/75 not 50/50.

    The UK right now has a 23/77 split in STEM roles, so we still have to overcome those last few things that are putting women off but are far closer to equality than many may realise.

  5. #19485
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I guess the question here is 'so what?'.

    Freedom to choose a STEM career doesn't have much to do with internal cultures at engineering firms which may be putting women off.
    If a natural rate of interest among women in STEM subjects produces graduate rates of 20% - 25%, then this means that the optimal gender distribution in STEM roles is 25/75 not 50/50.

    The UK right now has a 23/77 split in STEM roles, so we still have to overcome those last few things that are putting women off but are far closer to equality than many may realise.
    The natural rate of interest is still affected by cultural stigma attached to engineering, whether in an academic or career sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #19486
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I guess the question here is 'so what?'.

    Freedom to choose a STEM career doesn't have much to do with internal cultures at engineering firms which may be putting women off.
    If a natural rate of interest among women in STEM subjects produces graduate rates of 20% - 25%, then this means that the optimal gender distribution in STEM roles is 25/75 not 50/50.

    The UK right now has a 23/77 split in STEM roles, so we still have to overcome those last few things that are putting women off but are far closer to equality than many may realise.
    What natural rate of interest is this? Before the '80's women outnumbered men in computer science because it was considering menial or clerical. When it became fashionable suddenly the male percentage shot up.

    In all highly regarded or well paid positions in our society it's trivially easy to predict which sex dominates and it's always the same one. It has little or nothing to do with a natural rate of interest or natural ability.

    Women are taught to aim lower while men are taught that they deserve prestige.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  7. #19487
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,143
    Yes but that's true for all jobs. I don't think it's possible to completely remove cultural stigma from some type of careers.


    

  8. #19488
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,854
    careful now, #yesallmen

  9. #19489
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I guess the question here is 'so what?'.

    Freedom to choose a STEM career doesn't have much to do with internal cultures at engineering firms which may be putting women off.
    If a natural rate of interest among women in STEM subjects produces graduate rates of 20% - 25%, then this means that the optimal gender distribution in STEM roles is 25/75 not 50/50.

    The UK right now has a 23/77 split in STEM roles, so we still have to overcome those last few things that are putting women off but are far closer to equality than many may realise.
    The natural rate of interest is still affected by cultural stigma attached to engineering, whether in an academic or career sense.
    And probably even more factors.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  10. #19490
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,859
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    And probably even more factors.
    Like women's brains being a third smaller than men's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  11. #19491
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,854
    oh dear

  12. #19492
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    And probably even more factors.
    Like women's brains being a third smaller than men's?
    It is also proven that they can only understand mathematics in the context of shoes


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  13. #19493
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,398
    Seems relevant.

    http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  14. #19494
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Seems relevant.

    http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

    Tapapapatalk
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

    Wish I could.

  15. #19495
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,824
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Seems relevant.

    http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

    Tapapapatalk
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

    Wish I could.
    She left out Brenda Spenser, the 16 year old girl who committed the Cleveland school shooting (imortalised in the "I don't like Mondays" song)...actually she didn't, I just failed to see the page 2 button.

    Margret Thatcher didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the Argies either.

    Queen Boudicca didn't hesitate to wipe out entire cities either.
    Last edited by Maximillian; March 1 2018 at 03:07:57 PM.

  16. #19496
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Seems relevant.

    http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

    Tapapapatalk
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

    Wish I could.
    She left out Brenda Spenser, the 16 year old girl who committed the Cleveland school shooting (imortalised in the "I don't like Mondays" song). And Margret Thatcher didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the Argies either.
    Page two. She mentioned just didn't have a picture.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  17. #19497
    pesadelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Seems relevant.

    http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

    Tapapapatalk
    Holy shit , what a slam dunk on moore, let's get this woman in our den of degenerates.

    Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

  18. #19498
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,859
    Moore's a fat idiot who spends too much time virtue signalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  19. #19499

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Seems relevant.

    http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

    Tapapapatalk
    Holy shit , what a slam dunk on moore, let's get this woman in our den of degenerates.
    I fully understand the point she rightly did want to make.

    But the inconvenient truth also is that looking at the total numbers, the fast majority in the places he listed are male. So if he only didn't exaggerate by using the term "No women", but rather put it like "Very few women", he'd be spot on, I'm afraid.

  20. #19500
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Seems relevant.

    http://qklnk.co/Ve3dSa

    Tapapapatalk
    Holy shit , what a slam dunk on moore, let's get this woman in our den of degenerates.
    I fully understand the point she rightly did want to make.

    But the inconvenient truth also is that looking at the total numbers, the fast majority in the places he listed are male. So if he only didn't exaggerate by using the term "No women", but rather put it like "Very few women", he'd be spot on, I'm afraid.
    Yeah. Sorry ladies. You just aren't able to compete in the 'terrible human beings' race. Just goes to show men really are superior at some things.
    meh

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •