hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 880 of 952 FirstFirst ... 380780830870877878879880881882883890930 ... LastLast
Results 17,581 to 17,600 of 19034

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

  1. #17581
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    6,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Poe's Law. I honestly don't know

  2. #17582
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Reasonably sure this isn't real

    Right?

    ...right?

  3. #17583
    Donor Sponk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    11,321
    100% fake.

    I mean, not that you should trust screenshots instead of twitter links anyway.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

    "You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."


  4. #17584
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,491
    Holy shit...

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1CG2FI

    Boy Scouts of America to allow girls to join, earn Eagle Scout rank

    In a historic shift, the Boy Scouts of America will let girls enroll in Cub Scouts starting next year and allow them to eventually earn the highest rank of Eagle Scout, the organization said on Wednesday.

    The unanimous decision by the 100-year-old group’s board of directors came after years of requests from families and girls, it said, though the announcement prompted a largely negative reaction on social media.

    “We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children,” Boy Scouts Chief Executive Michael Surbaugh said in a statement.

    The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has lost about a third of its members since 2000, which now stands at 2.3 million. BSA insisted that allowing girls was in response to the needs of families, not related to declining membership.

    The Girl Scouts of the USA said girls thrive in a girl-only environment, and that “we are girl experts.”

    Starting in 2018, the Boy Scouts will allow girls to join the 7- to 10-year-old Cub Scouts. Small, community-level “dens” will be single-gender. Larger “packs,” which are comprised of dens, will decide whether to include dens of each gender or not, the BSA said.

    In a program to be announced next year and projected to start in 2019, girls will follow the same curriculum as the Boy Scouts, which are for ages 11-17.

    Surbaugh in a tweet said, “Today, the BSA opens a new chapter in our history w/a unanimous vote to welcome girls to Cub through Eagle Rank.”

    After the announcement, the Girl Scouts issued a statement that did not mention the Boy Scouts or its move to include girls.

    “Girl Scouts remains committed to and believes strongly in the importance of the all-girl, girl-led and girl-friendly environment that Girl Scouts provides, which creates a necessary safe space for girls to learn and thrive,” the organization said.

    In August, a top Girl Scout official accused the Boy Scouts of running a “covert campaign” to recruit girls to increase its declining membership, the Washington Post reported.

    The program for girls older than Cub Scouts projected to begin in 2019 will allow them to earn the Eagle Scout rank, the highest achievement in the organization.

    On social media, hundreds of people were critical of the news, with many posts echoing the sentiments of Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son.

    “Strange, I thought that’s what the Girl Scouts was for???” he said on Twitter.

    Sing Oldham, spokesman for the Southern Baptist Convention, said the announcement continued a “reinvention” of the Boy Scouts his group does not support, including the decision in 2013 to allow openly gay members.

    In January, the Boy Scouts also opted to allow transgender boys to join.
    One of the biggest complaints from Girl Scouts I know was that their programs focused more on home economics and less on high-adventure. I often heard "Why can't we do fun stuff like them?"
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  5. #17585
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,731
    Good.

  6. #17586
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    9,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Holy shit...

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1CG2FI

    Boy Scouts of America to allow girls to join, earn Eagle Scout rank

    In a historic shift, the Boy Scouts of America will let girls enroll in Cub Scouts starting next year and allow them to eventually earn the highest rank of Eagle Scout, the organization said on Wednesday.

    The unanimous decision by the 100-year-old group’s board of directors came after years of requests from families and girls, it said, though the announcement prompted a largely negative reaction on social media.

    “We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children,” Boy Scouts Chief Executive Michael Surbaugh said in a statement.

    The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has lost about a third of its members since 2000, which now stands at 2.3 million. BSA insisted that allowing girls was in response to the needs of families, not related to declining membership.

    The Girl Scouts of the USA said girls thrive in a girl-only environment, and that “we are girl experts.”

    Starting in 2018, the Boy Scouts will allow girls to join the 7- to 10-year-old Cub Scouts. Small, community-level “dens” will be single-gender. Larger “packs,” which are comprised of dens, will decide whether to include dens of each gender or not, the BSA said.

    In a program to be announced next year and projected to start in 2019, girls will follow the same curriculum as the Boy Scouts, which are for ages 11-17.

    Surbaugh in a tweet said, “Today, the BSA opens a new chapter in our history w/a unanimous vote to welcome girls to Cub through Eagle Rank.”

    After the announcement, the Girl Scouts issued a statement that did not mention the Boy Scouts or its move to include girls.

    “Girl Scouts remains committed to and believes strongly in the importance of the all-girl, girl-led and girl-friendly environment that Girl Scouts provides, which creates a necessary safe space for girls to learn and thrive,” the organization said.

    In August, a top Girl Scout official accused the Boy Scouts of running a “covert campaign” to recruit girls to increase its declining membership, the Washington Post reported.

    The program for girls older than Cub Scouts projected to begin in 2019 will allow them to earn the Eagle Scout rank, the highest achievement in the organization.

    On social media, hundreds of people were critical of the news, with many posts echoing the sentiments of Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son.

    “Strange, I thought that’s what the Girl Scouts was for???” he said on Twitter.

    Sing Oldham, spokesman for the Southern Baptist Convention, said the announcement continued a “reinvention” of the Boy Scouts his group does not support, including the decision in 2013 to allow openly gay members.

    In January, the Boy Scouts also opted to allow transgender boys to join.
    One of the biggest complaints from Girl Scouts I know was that their programs focused more on home economics and less on high-adventure. I often heard "Why can't we do fun stuff like them?"
    The real reason the Girl Scouts never wants to merge it is because of that sweet cookie dough, they don't want to share it.

  7. #17587
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    The real reason the Girl Scouts never wants to merge it is because of that sweet cookie dough, they don't want to share it.
    I think the real reason is that their organization would be made redundant after a merger.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  8. #17588
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Holy shit...
      Spoiler:

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1CG2FI

    Boy Scouts of America to allow girls to join, earn Eagle Scout rank

    In a historic shift, the Boy Scouts of America will let girls enroll in Cub Scouts starting next year and allow them to eventually earn the highest rank of Eagle Scout, the organization said on Wednesday.

    The unanimous decision by the 100-year-old group’s board of directors came after years of requests from families and girls, it said, though the announcement prompted a largely negative reaction on social media.

    “We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children,” Boy Scouts Chief Executive Michael Surbaugh said in a statement.

    The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has lost about a third of its members since 2000, which now stands at 2.3 million. BSA insisted that allowing girls was in response to the needs of families, not related to declining membership.

    The Girl Scouts of the USA said girls thrive in a girl-only environment, and that “we are girl experts.”

    Starting in 2018, the Boy Scouts will allow girls to join the 7- to 10-year-old Cub Scouts. Small, community-level “dens” will be single-gender. Larger “packs,” which are comprised of dens, will decide whether to include dens of each gender or not, the BSA said.

    In a program to be announced next year and projected to start in 2019, girls will follow the same curriculum as the Boy Scouts, which are for ages 11-17.

    Surbaugh in a tweet said, “Today, the BSA opens a new chapter in our history w/a unanimous vote to welcome girls to Cub through Eagle Rank.”

    After the announcement, the Girl Scouts issued a statement that did not mention the Boy Scouts or its move to include girls.

    “Girl Scouts remains committed to and believes strongly in the importance of the all-girl, girl-led and girl-friendly environment that Girl Scouts provides, which creates a necessary safe space for girls to learn and thrive,” the organization said.

    In August, a top Girl Scout official accused the Boy Scouts of running a “covert campaign” to recruit girls to increase its declining membership, the Washington Post reported.

    The program for girls older than Cub Scouts projected to begin in 2019 will allow them to earn the Eagle Scout rank, the highest achievement in the organization.

    On social media, hundreds of people were critical of the news, with many posts echoing the sentiments of Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son.

    “Strange, I thought that’s what the Girl Scouts was for???” he said on Twitter.

    Sing Oldham, spokesman for the Southern Baptist Convention, said the announcement continued a “reinvention” of the Boy Scouts his group does not support, including the decision in 2013 to allow openly gay members.

    In January, the Boy Scouts also opted to allow transgender boys to join.
    One of the biggest complaints from Girl Scouts I know was that their programs focused more on home economics and less on high-adventure. I often heard "Why can't we do fun stuff like them?"


    I'm ok with this.


  9. #17589
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,219
    If girls want to get groped in a tent on the side of a hill somewhere by a weird middle aged man then good luck to em

  10. #17590
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,636
    We almost need a dedicated thread for "accusations of pervy abuse of power by important men". After all the fun last few weeks with Weinstein, this week's perv is tech evangelist Robert Scoble.

    https://www.buzzfeed.com/doree/woman...6dZ#.ov9deEypd

    Scoble then decided AGAINST lawyer's advice, to respond to an expanding clutch of the allegations:

    https://scobleizer.blog/2017/10/25/n...t-accusations/

    Fucking stupid move, especially as it required him to effectively call his own long term business partner a liar and very explicitly excluded denials of certain more serious other claims against him (the groping). And no explanation of what he was apologising for on facebook if he did nothing wrong to Michelle Greer

    His defence effectively comes down to "It was all consensual, and how can it be an abuse of power, I have no power! PS: Sorry to my wife" but of course even that doesnt hold up for long:

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/25/...onse-blog-post

    Oops.
    Last edited by Lallante; October 27 2017 at 05:24:18 PM.

  11. #17591
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,404
    Some youtuber was in the news for manipulating women to send him naked pictures as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #17592
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,251
    Ah, the Gul Dukat defense.

    "How can there be war crimes if there wasn't a war?"

    "How can it be an abuse of power if I have no power?"
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  13. #17593
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,471
    Pervs, pervs everywhere.

  14. #17594
    SAI Peregrinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13, 2011
    Posts
    1,615
    https://twitter.com/bjorn/status/919982399601233922
    Last edited by SAI Peregrinus; October 27 2017 at 05:50:16 PM.

  15. #17595
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,101
    Handy reminder that women in the US stopped getting paid today.

  16. #17596
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Ah, the Gul Dukat defense.

    "How can there be war crimes if there wasn't a war?"

    "How can it be an abuse of power if I have no power?"
    Dukat never said either of those things. He did bang Kira's mum though.

  17. #17597
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,232
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Handy reminder that women in the US stopped getting paid today.
    Le gender pay gap meme...

    You're better than that m80.


  18. #17598
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Ah, the Gul Dukat defense.

    "How can there be war crimes if there wasn't a war?"

    "How can it be an abuse of power if I have no power?"
    Dukat never said either of those things. He did bang Kira's mum though.
    Oh right, the war crimes thing was that other cardassian.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  19. #17599

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    100% fake.

    I mean, not that you should trust screenshots instead of twitter links anyway.
    I was ready to believe, until Ching Chong (and had my doubts at Shrek, le 4chan memez much?). Trumps unique talent is to make normal words sound like slurs, he doesnt need to open up the racist grandpa dictionary.

  20. #17600
    Donor Sponk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    11,321
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

    "You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •