hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 965 of 1023 FirstFirst ... 4658659159559629639649659669679689751015 ... LastLast
Results 19,281 to 19,300 of 20446

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    helped by how they also conveniently set up their ranking system to favor anglophone universities)
    Having traveled a bit, I agree with them.
    Huh ?

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk
    You will have far more prospect worldwide learning English than something else. This is not some weird other languages are useless rubbish, just an observation about the world of international trade and business.
    Learning English has nothing to do with this though really.
    No, but you aren't really going to get super far in that world without learning it.
    Eeeeh. Far enough for 99.995% of the population.
    95%.
    Eh maybe. I've seen a lot of people in high places who dont know english. Simply their jobs dont require it. They do speak german or french for example
    Sure. I mean 4.2something % of the people in the world speak it, so roughly 95% don't speak it. Same goes for Spanish.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    It's basically impossible to make a living as an 'academic' in the USA since there's virtually no path to tenue for new professors anymore. Workload gets spread out between multiple adjuncts too so its not uncommon to have a professor working a side job or two to make ends meet. I knew one who was a bartender, and another who quit to teach kindergarten because she couldn't support herself as a professor.
    My ex wife was an adjunct, typically worked 3 part time jobs at a time. Despite her doctorate, she consistently made less money then me with no college degree.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Ingvar Kamprad died yesterday and today some pleasant people from (communist) Left Party here in Sweden made a couple of posts that he was a full on Nazi and that all IKEA's money should be distributed to the workers.
    Political shots fired indeed.

Not that I'm complaining, hopefully this kind of great PR thinking will take them well below the % bar for being part of parliament in this years election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Isn't it pretty well known that he was a nazi though?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14661582
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Nazi confirmed.

Spoiler:
    The product description says it seats 6.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Isn't it pretty well known that he was a nazi though?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14661582
    Yes, and no one is really denying that. It was a HUGE thing in the mid 90's. The big issue is that you dont wait until the day after the guy dies to say these things, if you really feel that way and that he has not done enough to redeem himself then be a man/woman enough to say it to his face and take the fight. Dont do tweets like "he was just another nazi, good riddance and who cares" when he no longer can defend himself. Thats just being a disrespectful asshole.

It was "fun" reading through the post/tweet reactions though, when you get +4k posts and not a single one of them agrees with you, not even those on your on front.

@Dorvil's post: Anyone joining me in hell?
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

So being disrespectful about a dead nazi is worse than being the nazi in question?

He died a fucking billionaire, it's not like he did badly out of being a nazi piece of shit.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

So being disrespectful about a dead nazi is worse than being the nazi in question?

He died a fucking billionaire, it's not like he did badly out of being a nazi piece of shit.
    1/10.

Seriously?

He was an involved member of a far right political party, was an active recruiter for a literal nazi party. He was close friends with the inner circle of a fascists.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Just because you like Ikea furniture you're going to be a nazi apologist?

Wernher von Braun did nothing wrong
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

wow who fucking cares

not like you can prosecute him now

As evil as IKEA might be it has provided many good and practical furniture pieces to humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Wernher von Braun did nothing wrong
    Now here is an interesting question: how does being a Swedish Nazi that believed in the ideology compare to a weapons developer using slave labor that may have only beome a Nazi because they paid for his research?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    wow who fucking cares

As evil as IKEA might be it has provided many good and practical furniture pieces to humanity.
    we also got a video of a very mashed amantus shouting at bits of wood from it

wow who fucking cares

Ikea provided that, remember him as a Nazi piece of shit.

The whole point of corporate personhood is to separate the company from a few bad eggs at the top

meh

Seriously?

He was an involved member of a far right political party, was an active recruiter for a literal nazi party. He was close friends with the inner circle of a fascists.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Just because you like Ikea furniture you're going to be a nazi apologist?
    No, wtf is wrong with you? Talk about completely missing the point.

Anyway, if thats the yard stick we should forever measure everyone on then I guess you are walking around telling all those people that left the alt-right/nazi/wp groups and are now helping others to get out that they are forever nazi pieces of shit and it will never ever matter what they do, they should always be called that upon sight and shunned by society?

I didnt think so.

But for fun, in this case, guess who between IK and the swedish left that have apologized and done their best to own up for their involvement with extreme murderous factions during and after the war?

Anyway, this doesnt matter really. Life will go on and nobody cares about you. Or me.

Seriously?

Donor
    wow who fucking cares

The whole point of corporate personhood is to separate the company from a few bad eggs at the top
    and your ideological butt buddies have a bodycount that rivals even the most bloody wars in history. However, you seem eager to embrace them. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    wow who fucking cares

and your ideological butt buddies have a bodycount that rivals even the most bloody wars in history. However, you seem eager to embrace them. Very interesting.
    When you kill one person, you're a murderer.

When you kill 20 million, you're a part of the Revolution, comrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    wow who fucking cares

When you kill one person, you're a murderer.

When you kill 20 million, you're a part of the Revolution, comrade!
    How fucking predictable from you two.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk