hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1169 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 16966910691119115911661167116811691170117111721179 ... LastLast
Results 23,361 to 23,380 of 23998

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

needs an echo chamber else nobody agree's with him

LEARN TO FUCKING SPELL
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    You know your forum is polarised when people feel the need to scrabble around to defend using the word 'faggot' to avoid admitting anyone on their perceived 'team' is wrong.

What's next? "I was using the N word ironically, like in hip hop"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    You know your forum is polarised when people feel the need to scrabble around to defend using the word 'faggot' to avoid admitting anyone on their perceived 'team' is wrong.

What's next? "I was using the N word ironically, like in hip hop"?
    nigga please

blood floods your dungarees

Fantastic idpol guys, your ExperianⓇ credit score in association with International Women's Month™ has been increased or reduced appropriately to reflect our corporate values.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

the last few pages of this thread have been surreal. Kecker's post could have been written by Lark or Sp4m in a different context.

the last few pages of this thread have been surreal. Kecker's post could have been written by Lark or Sp4m in a different context.
    Almost like context is everything

It's almost like context is more important than individual words in order to establish an understanding of posting.

In much the same way that material conditions are more important than ideals in order to establish an understanding of history.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's almost like context is more important than individual words in order to establish an understanding of posting.

In much the same way that material conditions are more important than ideals in order to establish an understanding of history.
    nah all that matters is the words you use

material conditions? what are you, some kind of white supremacist?

When we start calling homosexuals faggots in a demeaning manner, feel free to absolutely deservedly bring the hand of God down upon us. Until then, as your attorney, I advise you to go suck a dick and reread White Fragility.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    When we start calling homosexuals faggots in a demeaning manner, feel free to absolutely deservedly bring the hand of God down upon us. Until then, as your attorney, I advise you to go suck a dick and reread White Fragility.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

material conditions? what are you, some kind of white supremacist?
    Worse, I am a worker supremacist.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Look at all those fags. Absolute beauts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    The context being 'what corner have my mates backed us into?'

This is hilarious internet hardman bullshit, none of you would use this language at a party filled with your progressive mates and if you did you would rightly be shunned. Doing it on an anonymous forum doesnt make it less abhorrent, just easier to distance yourself from.

This is hilarious internet hardman bullshit, none of you would use this language at a party filled with your progressive mates and if you did you would rightly be shunned. Doing it on an anonymous forum doesnt make it less abhorrent, just easier to distance yourself from.
    its hardly anonymous when we've met and literally called each other fags face to face. And my post was making your exact point. Context is king. This forum doesn't really give much of a shit, and uses the term fag in a very different way to a work meeting, for example. For myriad historical, contextual and power reasons.

You can pretend to be outraged suddenly at the forum's off-zeitgeist usage of the term if you want, while miscontextualizing it as much as you need for your argument's sake. And i get your underlying motivation and agree with them in principal. But you have literally called me a fag to my face in real life.
    Last edited by Duckslayer; March 2 2021 at 10:42:19 AM.

What's your opinion on cancel culture lallante?

Fully in favour of it in a consumer context. What power do we have if not to choose where and what to consume based on our values?

Fully against it in an academic context.

Needs to be proportionate and goal-oriented rather than punative in any context.

You can tell yourself this is concern trolling if it makes you feel better defending the indefensible, but I've always been consistent on this point (effectively agreeing with Stewart Lee's conception of Political Correctness)

PS: Using 'faggot' in the 'context' of a forum discussion doesnt magically make it ok. What 'context' here changes that it's used derrisively? How would it be different from 'ironically' using the N word? "BUT CONTEXT" only works if you explain what magic context changes the situation; "In my mind this is a group of people who use such terms" is no more excusatory than a KKK member saying "In my defence, in the company I keep there's nothing offensive about those words I used", and in this case its also clearly wrong as 95% of this forum DOESNT use such words.

PPS: The surreal nature of this debate is if it had been Sp4m or Lark using that word you'd be ALL OVER the other side of the argument. "It's different when I do it because my motives are pure" is the ultimate in bullshit rationalisation.
    Last edited by Lallante; March 2 2021 at 10:54:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Well known publicly shunned Altright activist and homophobe Doug Stanhope caught in the act!
    Click >here< fore more

Lall I'd happily call you a faggot irl given the right context and audience and if I think it's funny in the specific situation.