hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1194 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 1946941094114411841191119211931194119511961197 ... LastLast
Results 23,861 to 23,880 of 23998

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Imagine if they could implement mandatory ID cards with a 500$ fee AND tie it in with three strikes laws if a black man fails to produce on the spot! STONKS!
    Also you cant have one if you are a felon or are behind on child support or have a parking violation (but the fine still applies)
    Also can get it in only a single location in the whole state where you of course have to go in person.
    The deadline of which is announced 3 days before the office shuts permanently

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Imagine if they could implement mandatory ID cards with a 500$ fee AND tie it in with three strikes laws if a black man fails to produce on the spot! STONKS!
    Also you cant have one if you are a felon or are behind on child support or have a parking violation (but the fine still applies)
    Also can get it in only a single location in the whole state where you of course have to go in person.
    & you need a guarantor who already has an ID
    And they need to be member of at least one tennis club or lawn bowels team

While this is all really low hanging fruit no matter how amusing, mandatory IDs have some very bad connotations in the US and there's endless ways for it to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    So who, if anyone but Alistair, is for restricted voting?
    isn't that, effectively, what the US already has and the root cause of a large part of the current mess tho ?
    Yes, but I was curious if anyone other than Alistair is for the voting in the US being as shit as it is. He's of the opinion it's the fault of the people that voting doesn't get done, or is just willfully ignorant on the issues people face in voting. He's got his voting lined up, fuck the rest!

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Who the fuck plays lawn bowels, and how do you pl. . . . , nevermind, I don't want to know.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Who the fuck plays lawn bowels, and how do you pl. . . . , nevermind, I don't want to know.
    with great care not to break a hip...
    meh

He's bitter as fuck.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    There's a third, correct option: Requiring IDs to Post

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    There's a third, correct option: Requiring IDs to Post

is that chris behind razor

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    So who, if anyone but Alistair, is for restricted voting?
    Get people ID's like us Civilized Scandies and stop being 3rd world.
    You realise the american implementation of IDs would be to make people pay $500 for one right?
    How much does a US passport cost in 2020?
    The fee is $35 and is paid at the acceptance agent facility, usually the post office or county clerk. New Passport (for adults age 16 and older): For a new adult passport book: $110 application fee and a $35 execution fee. The new total fee is $145.4 jan. 2021

In NL its also 10 years and mandatory from age 13, cost is 70 euro's

So what 500 usd are you on about?
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    So what 500 usd are you on about?
    I believe he was making a joke (prediction?) about how there would be a massive incentive to try and increase the cost/inconvenience of getting an ID if that would help to stop the poors from voting, rather than claiming that ID's currently cost $500.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/30/98228...an-eagle-scout

No one around her doubted that 14-year-old Scarlett Helmecki would make it to the rank of Eagle Scout.

"She just wanted it, and that's what you have to have, whether you're a boy or girl," Catherine Kaser, one of the founding leaders of the all-girl Scouts BSA Troop 1923, said as Scarlett's family and fellow troop members gathered Saturday to celebrate her place in history.

It's been just over two years since girls were allowed to join Scouts BSA— formerly known as the Boy Scouts — and earn the program's top rank of Eagle Scout.

In February, Scouts BSA — which is for youth aged 11 to 17 — graduated its inaugural class of about 1,000 female Eagle Scouts across the country. And last weekend in Pike Creek, Del., where Troop 1923 is based, Scarlett — the first girl in a Delaware troop to become an Eagle Scout — had her Court of Honor ceremony, where she accepted the Eagle Scout challenge.
    I earned my Eagle in 6 years, because I was lazy. But to earn it in two years? That was virtually unheard of when I was in the program. Props to them.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

I don't understand the US issues with ID. Every US citizen is issued a serial number at birth - their Social Security number.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormus View Post
    I don't understand the US issues with ID. Every US citizen is issued a serial number at birth - their Social Security number.
    Yes go and give your ssn out see how that goes for you

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Try to use your SS card that has no picture ID, requires you have two other forms of ID if you don't have it, and see how that goes as well. Sacul getting a passport isn't a simple 35 dollar process. Again there are various differences for state ID's but the fees attached and fee locking that happens for some people is insane. Imagine not being able to get an ID for something and one of the only ways to get the things you need to get an ID requires having an ID. Have fun going all around the fucking place while you are working two jobs and having mouth breathing clerks fight you at each turn. The system for ID"s here isn't made easy at all, and is just outright insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Try to use your SS card that has no picture ID, requires you have two other forms of ID if you don't have it, and see how that goes as well. Sacul getting a passport isn't a simple 35 dollar process. Again there are various differences for state ID's but the fees attached and fee locking that happens for some people is insane. Imagine not being able to get an ID for something and one of the only ways to get the things you need to get an ID requires having an ID. Have fun going all around the fucking place while you are working two jobs and having mouth breathing clerks fight you at each turn. The system for ID"s here isn't made easy at all, and is just outright insane.
    Fair enough. I just googled it to see what the hurf is about.
    Sucks to be a yank i guess.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..