hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 998 of 1028 FirstFirst ... 498898948988995996997998999100010011008 ... LastLast
Results 19,941 to 19,960 of 20546

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    If we're drawing up a list of shitty countries to invade and er, gently steer in a different direction, why stop at one?
    US foreign policy in a nutshell
    Well, it's not like you'd actually find anyone else with the actual capability to invade Israel, would you?

No, we've have to do all the heavy lifting as usual and then get blamed for being the asshole 20-30 years later, as usual.
    Pretty sure it didnt take 20-30 years to be called out about iraq invasion mate. Heavy lifting is a disgusting euphemism. Implying the USA has to interfere around the world is a ridiculous position to take.
    I remember the US deployment to Libya as the French and Brits whinging about how Ghaddafi was bombing the shit out of his rebels and charging up the road to Benghazi with tank columns in some Rommel in '41 fantasy and "please help, US, so these poor people aren't massacred". Even after everyone was shitting on us for Iraq. I mean, "the CIA topples governments" meme stuff was mostly done on behalf of the UK mate. So idk, I thought we wouldn't have to have another intervention at that point, but then calls for the US to do one started coming from unexpected places.
    meh

Invading a nuclear-armed power with a penchant for ultraviolence.

Never change FHC...

If we're drawing up a list of shitty countries to invade and er, gently steer in a different direction, why stop at one?
    Well, it's not like you'd actually find anyone else with the actual capability to invade Israel, would you?

No, we've have to do all the heavy lifting as usual and then get blamed for being the asshole 20-30 years later, as usual.
    Pretty sure it didnt take 20-30 years to be called out about iraq invasion mate. Heavy lifting is a disgusting euphemism. Implying the USA has to interfere around the world is a ridiculous position to take.
    I remember the US deployment to Libya as the French and Brits whinging about how Ghaddafi was bombing the shit out of his rebels and charging up the road to Benghazi with tank columns in some Rommel in '41 fantasy and "please help, US, so these poor people aren't massacred". Even after everyone was shitting on us for Iraq. I mean, "the CIA topples governments" meme stuff was mostly done on behalf of the UK mate. So idk, I thought we wouldn't have to have another intervention at that point, but then calls for the US to do one started coming from unexpected places.
    The very best thing the U.S. could do is stop using military-based solutions (aid, funding, intervention, occupation forces) to aid it's allies.

No more U.S. forces in South Korea, Germany, Japan, Cuba, Iraq/Syria/Middle East at all, etc, etc, etc. Get out of NATO (outdated and useless anyway). Stop funding so much, stop supplying so much.

Interventionist Military U.S., worst U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

Never change FHC...
    The 217th Shitpoaster Legion has never been defeated in battle, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Get out of NATO (outdated and useless anyway).
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    So I've seen / heard a lot of angry people talk about Israel / Palestine, but very rarely does the ranting go towards suggesting a viable solution.
    Anyone here got some ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

Never change FHC...
    There's a joke about a pebble in there somewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

Never change FHC...

The very best thing the U.S. could do is stop using military-based solutions (aid, funding, intervention, occupation forces) to aid it's allies.

No more U.S. forces in South Korea, Germany, Japan, Cuba, Iraq/Syria/Middle East at all, etc, etc, etc. Get out of NATO (outdated and useless anyway). Stop funding so much, stop supplying so much.

How else will US capital find lucrative investment destinations without the guiding hand of the gubment creating them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

US has to do all the heavy lifting because foreign oil is heavy.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Who in their right mind would go on a UN peacekeeping mission to ocupied Israel ?

Do you guys even know how the Israeli state was formed ?And the Palistinians would not be idle also they would ramp up the agresion ...

The only chance is to accept the old agreement and divide the country in two , but even then the Israeli/Palestinian would try to fuck up things.

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    TIL Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson are alt right
    Peterson spends most of his time screeching that US Universities are full of "liberal cultural marxists" who are "indoctrinating students"

If that's not a massive dogwhistle for you then IDK what to tell you
    I mean I have had a professor, the head of the Anthropology department at my undergrad, tell me straight up that Angela Merkel was part of the patriarchy, so there might be a grain of truth in what he's saying.
    What makes you think that's so ridiculous?

EDIT: Paging Keckers for a quick tutorial on how individuals can and will betray their class/group interests for personal or ideological reasons.
    Last edited by Malcanis; April 4 2018 at 05:52:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Considering that Israel is the more powerful state, an easier fix would be to kill all the Palestinians and take their land

Alistair, you seem to think that NATO isn't gigantically to the US's benefit.

Let's run this scenario (please mentally draw in the Polandball avatars yourselves, I don't want to do for real)

America "Listen up pinko eurofags, you're on your own defense-wise. Have fun spending more than 1.2% of GPD on awesome toys. Actually, what I just said but not sarcastically: it really is fun. Bring on the ka-booms!"

Europe "OK ja, well if we mussen, we mussen, It is of expensives but we have lacking of choice"

America "Also please continue subsidising the US military industrial complex at the expensive of your own defense industry, oh and also keep on aligning yourselves with us geopolitically even if it's not always to your advantage."

Europe "Hearing most amusing americans humour! Is of much laughing! Oh America we will of keeping on torrenting your funny TV for sures with your crazy jokes, also be shovink your F-35s uppen zie colons"
    I love Malcanis!

That reads like german comedy, eugh

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Considering that Israel is the more powerful state, an easier fix would be to kill all the Palestinians and take their land
    That's pretty much the obvious end game of their current policies.
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    TIL Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson are alt right
    Peterson spends most of his time screeching that US Universities are full of "liberal cultural marxists" who are "indoctrinating students"

If that's not a massive dogwhistle for you then IDK what to tell you
    I mean I have had a professor, the head of the Anthropology department at my undergrad, tell me straight up that Angela Merkel was part of the patriarchy, so there might be a grain of truth in what he's saying.
    What makes you think that's so ridiculous?

EDIT: Paging Keckers for a quick tutorial on how individuals can and will betray their class/group interests for personal or ideological reasons.
    There are only two classes, the bourgeois and the proletariat. If by 'patriarchy' you mean the bourgeois I'd agree, but that's clearly not what they're talking about when they say the patriarchy. And by they I mean mainstream Cathy Newman feminists. Feminism in its modern incarnation is an inherently bourgeois ideology, which dosen't care about the economic suffering of the proletariat- as long as upper class women are equal to men its ok.

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; April 4 2018 at 06:22:46 PM.

OK well it feels like you answered the question yourself.
    I love Malcanis!

Flatten most of it and make a nice holiday resort?
    Are you some sort of Fascist?

Skull avatar checks out
    Well I'm not female, trans or gay, so I guess that leaves little choice..
    No idea how that is relevant but you did just advocate the glassing of an entire region to make a holiday resort. Pretty much exactly Nazi germany's plan for huge parts of Russia
    And what there is now better how excatly?

My reply above is BS, of course. But it shows a dilemma that we increasingly face: rational actions only works with rational counterparts. That's why the cold war didn't all of a sudden turned into a hot one. Because for whatever public strong-arming the various leaders of the opposing blocks engaged in, in the end, when doing the risk (or cost) vs. reward calculation, the sane/rational options won.

I mean, imagine e.g. a Cuba crisis with the current staff of both sides at the helm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    And what there is now better how excatly?

My reply above is BS, of course. But it shows a dilemma that we increasingly face: rational actions only works with rational counterparts. That's why the cold war didn't all of a sudden turned into a hot one. Because for whatever public strong-arming the various leaders of the opposing blocks engaged in, in the end, when doing the risk (or cost) vs. reward calculation, the sane/rational options won.

I mean, imagine e.g. a Cuba crisis with the current staff of both sides at the helm ...
    reminder that the US navy was depth-charging USSR submarines armed with nuclear torpedoes and with captains cleared to use them defensively.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.