hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 853 of 902 FirstFirst ... 353753803843850851852853854855856863 ... LastLast
Results 17,041 to 17,060 of 18023

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

  1. #17041
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    No, the problem is that we are rushing yet again to assign people into "gender categories" and hence may be repeating the errors of the past.
    Are you reading the same thread? The only person who is trying to explicitly categorise anyone is Smuggo, with his insistence that Men Are Men and Women Are Women and everything in between is tumblr posting for likes.
    What in-between? How is there any fucking in between, you either have a cock, or you don't have a cock, it's not some super complicated thing. Can a wide spectrum of different people live within those two things, sure they can, I'm not arguing for all men or all women to be some homogeneous samey blob. Gender roles exist because men and women have different roles, dictated by their biology. It's not something special created by humans, there are millions upon millions of species where males and females fulfill very different roles and often have extremely different bodies and lifestyles as a result.

    As I've said many times, I have absolutely no issue with someone who was born a man, deciding to become a woman. If that's what they want to do, then I'm very happy they are able to realise it in the 21st century. But that's not being pangender or genderfluid, it's going from one, to the other.
    And what about the people with both a cock and a vagina, who are genetically somewhere in between the two?
    <0.1% of births and usually end up expressing themselves as male or female, not some 'non-binary' retard.


  2. #17042
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    No, the problem is that we are rushing yet again to assign people into "gender categories" and hence may be repeating the errors of the past.
    Are you reading the same thread? The only person who is trying to explicitly categorise anyone is Smuggo, with his insistence that Men Are Men and Women Are Women and everything in between is tumblr posting for likes.
    What in-between? How is there any fucking in between, you either have a cock, or you don't have a cock, it's not some super complicated thing. Can a wide spectrum of different people live within those two things, sure they can, I'm not arguing for all men or all women to be some homogeneous samey blob. Gender roles exist because men and women have different roles, dictated by their biology. It's not something special created by humans, there are millions upon millions of species where males and females fulfill very different roles and often have extremely different bodies and lifestyles as a result.

    As I've said many times, I have absolutely no issue with someone who was born a man, deciding to become a woman. If that's what they want to do, then I'm very happy they are able to realise it in the 21st century. But that's not being pangender or genderfluid, it's going from one, to the other.
    And what about the people with both a cock and a vagina, who are genetically somewhere in between the two?
    If you want to be technically correct they are either a failed male or female. The term used these days is intersex to differentiate humans from true hermaphroditic organisms.

    Virtually all human intersex individuals are infertile as they will lack the necessary parts - testicles, ovaries, uterus - needed to reproduce. Intersex is caused by intrauterine defects and is not a separate sex.

    With the exception of - wait for it - Chimera.

    Chimera occur when two separately fertilized ova fuse during the early stages of division and in effect mean that you are two genetically separate organisms sharing a single body. this is different from conjoined twins in that conjoined twins are always the same sex while a chimera may be both sexes.

    However a chimera with both sex organs while theoretically possible has never been recorded by science.

    So you are - with a blindingly small exception - either sexually male or female.

    Gender is different from sex.

  3. #17043

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    No, the problem is that we are rushing yet again to assign people into "gender categories" and hence may be repeating the errors of the past.
    Are you reading the same thread? The only person who is trying to explicitly categorise anyone is Smuggo, with his insistence that Men Are Men and Women Are Women and everything in between is tumblr posting for likes.
    What in-between? How is there any fucking in between, you either have a cock, or you don't have a cock, it's not some super complicated thing. Can a wide spectrum of different people live within those two things, sure they can, I'm not arguing for all men or all women to be some homogeneous samey blob. Gender roles exist because men and women have different roles, dictated by their biology. It's not something special created by humans, there are millions upon millions of species where males and females fulfill very different roles and often have extremely different bodies and lifestyles as a result.

    As I've said many times, I have absolutely no issue with someone who was born a man, deciding to become a woman. If that's what they want to do, then I'm very happy they are able to realise it in the 21st century. But that's not being pangender or genderfluid, it's going from one, to the other.
    And what about the people with both a cock and a vagina, who are genetically somewhere in between the two?
    <0.1% of births and usually end up expressing themselves as male or female, not some 'non-binary' retard.
    So what?

    They exist and some of them to choose to stay in-between and were born in-between. The amount by which they are in-between can vary significantly by individual.

    This alone is enough to invalidate any arguments that the human race is limited to just two sexes with nothing in-between.

    If you want to take the alternate tac of arguing that humanity only has two genders, then that is also invalidated by multiple societies that have recognized 3 genders for thousands of years.

    Any way you slice it, the "only two sexes" argument is being driven by your emotional response to the subject and not by factual reality.

  4. #17044
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    No, the problem is that we are rushing yet again to assign people into "gender categories" and hence may be repeating the errors of the past.
    Are you reading the same thread? The only person who is trying to explicitly categorise anyone is Smuggo, with his insistence that Men Are Men and Women Are Women and everything in between is tumblr posting for likes.
    What in-between? How is there any fucking in between, you either have a cock, or you don't have a cock, it's not some super complicated thing. Can a wide spectrum of different people live within those two things, sure they can, I'm not arguing for all men or all women to be some homogeneous samey blob. Gender roles exist because men and women have different roles, dictated by their biology. It's not something special created by humans, there are millions upon millions of species where males and females fulfill very different roles and often have extremely different bodies and lifestyles as a result.

    As I've said many times, I have absolutely no issue with someone who was born a man, deciding to become a woman. If that's what they want to do, then I'm very happy they are able to realise it in the 21st century. But that's not being pangender or genderfluid, it's going from one, to the other.
    And what about the people with both a cock and a vagina, who are genetically somewhere in between the two?
    <0.1% of births and usually end up expressing themselves as male or female, not some 'non-binary' retard.
    So what?

    They exist and some of them to choose to stay in-between and were born in-between. The amount by which they are in-between can vary significantly by individual.

    This alone is enough to invalidate any arguments that the human race is limited to just two sexes with nothing in-between.

    If you want to take the alternate tac of arguing that humanity only has two genders, then that is also invalidated by multiple societies that have recognized 3 genders for thousands of years.

    Any way you slice it, the "only two sexes" argument is being driven by your emotional response to the subject and not by factual reality.
    Sorry but there are only two biological genetically determined sexes.

    Sex is different from gender.

  5. #17045
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post


    A likely story...
    It won't be soon. Ay ay ay ay ay

  6. #17046
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Political Shots Fired Thread tbh.

  7. #17047
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,545
    Jesus christ I went to the pub and this thread went full(ly) retard

    My personal favorite is Larks blatant >trans people don't real< post getting completely ignored because it wasn't even a matchstick to the dumpster fire that is Smuggo

    Honestly, this entire discussion is fascinating as a microcosm of the wider "culture war" being waged across the internet and the social sphere currently

    Good posting lads, some of you are ignorant but well meaning and some of you are smart but malicious cunts

    And then there's Smuggo, who is ignorant and malicious
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; September 6 2017 at 10:36:04 PM.

  8. #17048
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    No, the problem is that we are rushing yet again to assign people into "gender categories" and hence may be repeating the errors of the past.
    Are you reading the same thread? The only person who is trying to explicitly categorise anyone is Smuggo, with his insistence that Men Are Men and Women Are Women and everything in between is tumblr posting for likes.
    What in-between? How is there any fucking in between, you either have a cock, or you don't have a cock, it's not some super complicated thing. Can a wide spectrum of different people live within those two things, sure they can, I'm not arguing for all men or all women to be some homogeneous samey blob. Gender roles exist because men and women have different roles, dictated by their biology. It's not something special created by humans, there are millions upon millions of species where males and females fulfill very different roles and often have extremely different bodies and lifestyles as a result.

    As I've said many times, I have absolutely no issue with someone who was born a man, deciding to become a woman. If that's what they want to do, then I'm very happy they are able to realise it in the 21st century. But that's not being pangender or genderfluid, it's going from one, to the other.
    Amazing scenes

    I'm impressed, honestly.

    You are so utterly and irrevocably wrong on nearly every point

  9. #17049
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,100
    thanks for your review of the past few pages, we needed it

  10. #17050
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

    My personal favorite is Larks blatant >trans people don't real< post getting completely ignored because it wasn't even a matchstick to the dumpster fire that is Smuggo
    Wait wut?


  11. #17051
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,213
    getting a bit spicy in here and now we have cliffnotes from a pedophile, outstanding stuff

  12. #17052
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    My point is they weren't actually bisexual they just claimed to be because among some social groups at the time it was cool to be bisexual. I'd imagine it's a similar phenomenon with this gender fluid nonsense.

    Also where's the evidence I'm racist and hate women?
    How the fuck would you know what they actually were?

    On top of which, this ties into my main issue with people who sperge out about genderfluid etc:

    Why do you care? Are they hurting you? Why should they have to prove anything to you?

    You will likely never knowingly interact with anyone who identifies as genderfluid IRL (precisely because they're worried about this exact response, same as people who are passing trans) so why on earth would you care about it as long as they're happy with it?

    Same with people who ask you to use certain pronouns, it costs you absolutely nothing to humor them and the only reason not to do so is to be a prat on purpose.



    Hey look I get to link another ContraPoints video, woop
    That dude needs to cut back on the soy and get his T levels checked.
    This bit, for Lark

    I'm being a bit unfair in that they updated a bit more recently that they've gone onto HRT and are now MtF

  13. #17053
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,197
    Watched a couple of xir's videos. Not bad overall.


  14. #17054
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,609
    back on track


  15. #17055
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,620
    I just noticed that the whole Mattress Girl saga at Columbia University has reached its inevitable conclusion with the University settling out of court with the plaintive and issuing a half-hearted apology about "doing better".

    Columbia will continue to review and update its policies toward ensuring that every student — accuser and accused, including those like Paul who are found not responsible — is treated respectfully and as a full member of the Columbia community.
    I will not address the allegations made in this case. The whole thing was long since high-jacked by the Jackals of the culture war who cared not one iota about the parties involved.

    What this was is a clear-cut example of a University not only ignoring its own policies but actively aiding, abetting and academically rewarding what amounted to a sustained campaign of harassment, vilification and defamation of a student who had been cleared not only by their own internal processes but also law enforcement.

    Before anyone tries I am in no way stating that sexual assault does not occur on University campuses, nor that in anyway cases like this should stop victims coming forward.

    Instead this is a clear denial of natural justice, a failure to apply university policy, moral cowardice by University administrations, and a clear example of why universities will drown in a sea of litigation if they are forced to continue acting as judge and jury in criminal matters that have the potential to ruin peoples' lives.

  16. #17056
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,438
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post


    I'd seriously like to hear from the "ITS A SCIENTIFIC FACT THERE ARE ONLY TWO GENDERS" ultranerds how they respond to the points made in this video.

    It's one thing saying "custom personal pronouns is dumb - I'll say he, she, or they, at your choice, but not a custom one" - which I think is roughly where I stand should be the legal standard for discrimination at the moment, albeit open minded to someone talking me out of it, but quite another to deny the possibility or existence of other genders.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 7 2017 at 11:17:20 AM.

  17. #17057
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    20,721
    Disregard pronouns, call everyone m8. jobs a good'un
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  18. #17058
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post


    I'd seriously like to hear from the "ITS A SCIENTIFIC FACT THERE ARE ONLY TWO GENDERS" ultranerds how they respond to the points made in this video.

    It's one thing saying "custom personal pronouns is dumb - I'll accept he, she, or they, at your choice, but not a custom one" - which I think is roughly where I stand at the moment, albeit open minded to someone talking me out of it, but quite another to deny the possibility or existence of other genders.
    This seems to stem from whether you think gender and sex are different things. I don't, it's a recent distinction created for dubious reasons IMO.

  19. #17059
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I just noticed that the whole Mattress Girl saga at Columbia University has reached its inevitable conclusion with the University settling out of court with the plaintive and issuing a half-hearted apology about "doing better".
    Dragging around everywhere a mattress you were supposed raped on until graduation sounds... like someone so crazy you should never talk to, never be near, especially if there are not a lot of witnesses around.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  20. #17060
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    This seems to stem from whether you think gender and sex are different things. I don't, it's a recent distinction created for dubious reasons IMO.
    The 'dubious' reasons are the post-modernist neo-marxist agenda of deconstructing the whole of western capitalistic society by introducing concepts into the public sphere that lack any coherent logical basis, which will lead to destabilization and eventual collapse of western civilization so a new global marxist utopia can be created.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •