hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 865 of 891 FirstFirst ... 365765815855862863864865866867868875 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,300 of 17813

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    the arbiter of gender is biology
    See also:
    "Marriage is between a man and a woman, biology says so!"
    "Gay relationships aren't real because they're not for procreation"
    "Women belong in the home, they're more nurturing and loving because of their ovaries"
    "God I hate fags"

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    You do hate women though don't you Smuggo? I mean really, you seem to hate them.
    I'm married to one and live with one and am related to women and am friends with women.

Not really sure how that tallies with your theory I hate women.
    I am not racist i have a black friend!

The whole problem with the "fluid" issue is that you simply can't deal with it as a collective whole.

There is hard science to back up being trans. We have case studies that show how surgery as a baby does not change the perception of gender. We can show how a brain with a majority of either male or female traits can exist in a body of the opposing sex. We have on record a huge number of hormonal and other syndromes that can alter the development of both brain and body in contradictory ways.

What we don't have is hard evidence of people who sit on the fence as it were.

It is theoretically possible to have an even balance of male and female brain traits, but the whole measuring system is frankly arbitrary and varies depending on what field the researcher comes from.

And the sad truth is that gender dysphorism walks hand-in-hand with a lot of mental health problems, some caused by the biological issues and some caused by the trauma of growing up in such a confusing state. This in a large part explains the abnormally high suicide rates among trans people.

And there are people with mental problems who chose gender dysphoria as their internal explanation for their problems.

So atm no one knows if being "fluid" is measurable, and it is a terrible area to research giving the ethical issues around dealing with mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    the arbiter of gender is biology
    See also:
    "Marriage is between a man and a woman, biology says so!"
    "Gay relationships aren't real because they're not for procreation"
    "Women belong in the home, they're more nurturing and loving because of their ovaries"
    "God I hate fags"
    What a bizarre line of logic...

My attitude to all this is that I don't really care which bathroom makes you more comfortable, as long as you wash your hands afterwards.
    meh

Max is smashing it in this thread. Cant rep him enough.

You do hate women though don't you Smuggo? I mean really, you seem to hate them.
    I'm married to one and live with one and am related to women and am friends with women.

Your marriage is kinda on the rocks to be fair, at least it was last time you whined.

Sometimes being an ex socio-biologist with the runs pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    My point is they weren't actually bisexual they just claimed to be because among some social groups at the time it was cool to be bisexual. I'd imagine it's a similar phenomenon with this gender fluid nonsense.

Also where's the evidence I'm racist and hate women?
    How the fuck would you know what they actually were?

On top of which, this ties into my main issue with people who sperge out about genderfluid etc:

Why do you care? Are they hurting you? Why should they have to prove anything to you?

You will likely never knowingly interact with anyone who identifies as genderfluid IRL (precisely because they're worried about this exact response, same as people who are passing trans) so why on earth would you care about it as long as they're happy with it?

Same with people who ask you to use certain pronouns, it costs you absolutely nothing to humor them and the only reason not to do so is to be a prat on purpose.

Hey look I get to link another ContraPoints video, woop
    That dude needs to cut back on the soy and get his T levels checked.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

Your marriage is kinda on the rocks to be fair, at least it was last time you whined.
    Ah someone else who knows my personal relationships better than I do.

Cambridge Analytica do!
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The whole problem with the "fluid" issue is that you simply can't deal with it as a collective whole.
    You're confusing dealing with it (i.e. being a decent human being) with measuring it

You're also conflating the sociological constructs of gender roles and gender identity (i.e. things we have basically made up to enforce social norms) with biological aspects of gender (i.e. 'sex')

The three are interlinked, but distinct. I'm sure we can all agree Smuggo's attitude that because he has a penis and likes vaginas that these are the only two 'real' types of people and that anything else is a flight of fancy is fucking absurd.

Then maybe don't post using them as proof and then don't expect to be questioned?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Think you need a longer time out

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    You're confusing dealing with it (i.e. being a decent human being) with measuring it

You're also conflating the sociological constructs of gender roles and gender identity (i.e. things we have basically made up to enforce social norms) with biological aspects of gender (i.e. 'sex')

The three are interlinked, but distinct. I'm sure we can all agree Smuggo's attitude that because he has a penis and likes vaginas that these are the only two 'real' types of people and that anything else is a flight of fancy is fucking absurd.
    You're making yourself look completely silly now. I have never once said being gay is not real or legitimate in any fashion.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    what the fuck are you all doing

You're making yourself look completely silly now. I have never once said being gay is not real or legitimate in any fashion.
    How the fuck are you paid to write for a living? That's not what I said

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    what the fuck are you all doing
    THIS IS POD RACING!

But replace pod racing with posting

I'm sure we can all agree Smuggo's attitude that because he has a penis and likes vaginas that these are the only two 'real' types of people and that anything else is a flight of fancy is fucking absurd.

So are we all coming to a concession that words on the internet are often misinterpreted, willfully or not?

You literally wrote it down you fucking dickhead.

Smuggo's attitude that because he has a penis and likes vaginas that these are the only two 'real' types of people
    Fact is you don't know shit all about me but you feel it's your fucking god-given right to determine what I think based on your complete lack of knowledge. You're a fucking idiot.