hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 859 of 891 FirstFirst ... 359759809849856857858859860861862869 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,180 of 17817

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

The inability to differentiate between reporting on something and being in support of something is a serious threat to what remains of our quality media.

It shows just how authoritarian the polarized political wings have become in that they will not tolerate anyone giving "THE ENEMY" media coverage that isn't just a condemnation.

The ugliness is across the board. We - at least until the High Court shoots the whole charade down - are in the mist of our same-sex marriage non-binding mail vote survey something something, and the hate and stupidity from the fringes is amazing in a horrific way.

The antis are going down the "allow gays to marry and your child will be forced to change genders, people will marry animals, Xenos will have legal access to your children, etc.

The other side has its own idiots who have been threatening the lives of priests and attacking the Wayside Chapel which is about the most leftist church/charity organization in Sydney because they wouldn't sign up to support the Yes Vote.

The extremists are a small number on each side but boy do they poison every form of political and social discourse.

On a different note Scientific American's September issue is called "It's Not A Women's Issue" which has a whole slew or articles on "the new science of sex and gender". Before you think "all Berkley/Evergreen BS" the bits I have read so far seem reasonable from the science POV (the social-science bits ???) and they still have Michael Shermer doing his column, ignoring all the demands that he be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    To be fair "Isyel struggles with" is not a very exclusive club.
    Aw look at the butthurt duo giving each other support, how cute.

When's your next breakdown coming?

It's all about ethics in shitposting.
    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; September 5 2017 at 05:32:38 AM.

Does our untamed love for each other upset you so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Hey Isyel.

Stop pre-ordering video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Can I pre-order posts?

I just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

I just did.
    Mind. Blown.

Is it ok to use black emojiis and gifs?
    Or is it 'digital blackface'?

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-409...mojis-and-gifs

"Reaction" to the BBC video:
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Does Joe Rogan ever interview intelligent people who disagree with his "white people are the true oppressed race" and "racism? Nah, it's just science plus free speech!" shtick?
    Yes, he just had blm black dude few epsiodes ago.
    But was it a specific BLM person chosen because it would be easy to tear apart their talking points?
    I don't think he knows how to be a hostile interviewer.

Edit:

This one is funny, the trumptard koolaide drinkers in the comments are raging because they thought Rogan was one of them and he betrayed them. Compare and contrast that reaction with Lallantes reaction to the fact that he talks to right wingers and you can start to see why I fucking hate the far left just as hard as I hate the far right.
    Kamau Bell's show he did where he like went to interview the KKK was really good.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Why is no one talking about whiteface?
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Overall the show is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Is it ok to use black emojiis and gifs?
    Or is it 'digital blackface'?

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-409...mojis-and-gifs

"Reaction" to the BBC video:
    What a time to be alive.
    digital blackface ffs. I dont even

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The inability to differentiate between reporting on something and being in support of something is a serious threat to what remains of our quality media.

It shows just how authoritarian the polarized political wings have become in that they will not tolerate anyone giving "THE ENEMY" media coverage that isn't just a condemnation.

The ugliness is across the board. We - at least until the High Court shoots the whole charade down - are in the mist of our same-sex marriage non-binding mail vote survey something something, and the hate and stupidity from the fringes is amazing in a horrific way.

The antis are going down the "allow gays to marry and your child will be forced to change genders, people will marry animals, Xenos will have legal access to your children, etc.

The other side has its own idiots who have been threatening the lives of priests and attacking the Wayside Chapel which is about the most leftist church/charity organization in Sydney because they wouldn't sign up to support the Yes Vote.

The extremists are a small number on each side but boy do they poison every form of political and social discourse.

On a different note Scientific American's September issue is called "It's Not A Women's Issue" which has a whole slew or articles on "the new science of sex and gender". Before you think "all Berkley/Evergreen BS" the bits I have read so far seem reasonable from the science POV (the social-science bits ???) and they still have Michael Shermer doing his column, ignoring all the demands that he be removed.
    Why are people demanding the removal of Shermer?

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Why are people demanding the removal of Shermer?
    Why are you still hitting yourself ?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Does Joe Rogan ever interview intelligent people who disagree with his "white people are the true oppressed race" and "racism? Nah, it's just science plus free speech!" shtick?
    this is what happens when an attorney listens to normal people having a 2+ hour conversation, they pick one statement out of context and use that to build an entire argument to tear someone down

(as normal as a millionaire fight commentator/gameshow host can be at least)
    I didnt listen to it, let alone pick an actual quote from it. I'm not interested in watching two people on the same side of a debate slap each other on the back - I was asking whether he ever has people on the other side of the debate on.

5 seconds on his subreddit reading the comments, or 0.5 seconds on his youtube channel doing the same, proves conclusively that the bulk of his fanbase are racist shit-for-brains desperately looking for pseudo-intellectual rationalisation for their own racial and gender biases.
    There is a lot of this "rationalize evil" shit going on and I agree that Rogan has given a voice to some of those. However, you really do need to watch some and draw your own conclusions about Rogan himself and not necessarily from Reddit and YouTube comments.
    Oh I've watched 5-10, I just didnt watch the one we are specifically talking about here
    Then you'd know that he has an interview style that asks leading questions to keep his guest talking. I've listened to about 5-10 as well and it's enough to know you don't listen to his podcasts/youtube schlock unless the person he is talking to interests you. It will be two to three hours of Rogan saying "wow", "that's really interesting", "amazing" and "whoa" as well as asking a question or making a statement that keeps the person talking on track and talking. The closest thing I've seen to him sharing an actual opinion was his conversation with a flat earther that someone on FHC linked but he lacked the intelligence to actually make his points well.

However, being a sub-par talk show host that has a lot of garbage content isn't the same thing as being a nazi racist facist trying to push the cause of the master race.
    This. I definitely dont agree with alot of what "bro rogan" says (lol @ his cure for depression: man up and get over it), in a lot of ways he is the poster child of classic toxic masculinity. That dosent mean that his podcasts are neo-Nazi propaganda or he wants to put blacks on plantations and gas muslims.

He has had super left wing people like Abby Martin on as well as altright shitters like yiannopolis or w/e. Interesting conversations are had. Even if hes a bit dense he dosent pretend not to be.

Anyways, I watch him for the big name guests and fight commentary. Not to find my moral compass.
    tl;dr he is a useful idiot for the far right.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendolorian Girl View Post
    You're all pretty fucking awful people. I'm sure you think that you're funny, and that Xenosis is a bad, so being an internet bully is ok, but you're not, and it's not.
    The important thing is that you've found a way to be superior to everyone.
    Pretty fucking funny coming from you.

Getting in on this irony pyramid

(yes, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    this is what happens when an attorney listens to normal people having a 2+ hour conversation, they pick one statement out of context and use that to build an entire argument to tear someone down

(as normal as a millionaire fight commentator/gameshow host can be at least)
    I didnt listen to it, let alone pick an actual quote from it. I'm not interested in watching two people on the same side of a debate slap each other on the back - I was asking whether he ever has people on the other side of the debate on.

5 seconds on his subreddit reading the comments, or 0.5 seconds on his youtube channel doing the same, proves conclusively that the bulk of his fanbase are racist shit-for-brains desperately looking for pseudo-intellectual rationalisation for their own racial and gender biases.
    There is a lot of this "rationalize evil" shit going on and I agree that Rogan has given a voice to some of those. However, you really do need to watch some and draw your own conclusions about Rogan himself and not necessarily from Reddit and YouTube comments.
    Oh I've watched 5-10, I just didnt watch the one we are specifically talking about here
    Then you'd know that he has an interview style that asks leading questions to keep his guest talking. I've listened to about 5-10 as well and it's enough to know you don't listen to his podcasts/youtube schlock unless the person he is talking to interests you. It will be two to three hours of Rogan saying "wow", "that's really interesting", "amazing" and "whoa" as well as asking a question or making a statement that keeps the person talking on track and talking. The closest thing I've seen to him sharing an actual opinion was his conversation with a flat earther that someone on FHC linked but he lacked the intelligence to actually make his points well.

However, being a sub-par talk show host that has a lot of garbage content isn't the same thing as being a nazi racist facist trying to push the cause of the master race.
    This. I definitely dont agree with alot of what "bro rogan" says (lol @ his cure for depression: man up and get over it), in a lot of ways he is the poster child of classic toxic masculinity. That dosent mean that his podcasts are neo-Nazi propaganda or he wants to put blacks on plantations and gas muslims.

He has had super left wing people like Abby Martin on as well as altright shitters like yiannopolis or w/e. Interesting conversations are had. Even if hes a bit dense he dosent pretend not to be.

Anyways, I watch him for the big name guests and fight commentary. Not to find my moral compass.
    tl;dr he is a useful idiot for the far right.
    We may as well give up. I had no idea you can be that dense.

Lall is far left now?

I can't even...
    I don't know him personally but he did pull the "if someone talks to a conservative they are nazi fascist hitlers". It's kind of a calling card.
    As usual you are talking utter bollocks mate. Quote the post where I accused Rogan of anything more serious than being a douchebag or a useful tool for the far right. I KNOW he thinks of himself as liberal / centrist. I'm criticising his APPROACH to his show (inviting speakers who validate each other on to it, rather than ones who disagree), because it creates a ridiculous priviliged echo chamber that ends in absurd scenes like a bunch of rich white dudes conclusively agreeing that racism or sexist, while bad, doesnt really happen all that much anymore so we should stop talking about it, or that government redistribution is bad and depressed poor people just need to man up and stop begging for handouts. Or that people who have been oppressed and mistreated their entire lives are wrong for being angry about it. Things they know less than fuck all about but are convinced they've come to a conclusive logical view which is indisputable to anyone who isnt ruled by their emotions.

And its particularly funny how all their supposedly logically-arrived-at opinions seem to support a status quo where they get all the privileges.

He isnt far right, but he is a person that the far right love because he provides a legitimate outlet for them to air their dogwhistle-laden views and pretend they are mere applications of logic to facts.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 6 2017 at 08:56:49 AM.

Lall is far left now?

I can't even...
    I don't know him personally but he did pull the "if someone talks to a conservative they are nazi fascist hitlers". It's kind of a calling card.
    As usual you are talking utter bollocks mate. Quote the post where I accused Rogan of anything more serious than being a douchebag or a useful tool for the far right. I KNOW he thinks of himself as liberal / centrist. I'm criticising his APPROACH to his show (inviting speakers who validate each other on to it, rather than ones who disagree), because it creates a ridiculous priviliged echo chamber that ends in absurd scenes like a bunch of rich white dudes conclusively agreeing that racism or sexist, while bad, doesnt really happen all that much anymore so we should stop talking about it, or that government redistribution is bad and depressed poor people just need to man up and stop begging for handouts. Or that people who have been oppressed and mistreated their entire lives are wrong for being angry about it. Things they know less than fuck all about but are convinced they've come to a conclusive logical view which is indisputable to anyone who isnt ruled by their emotions.

And its particularly funny how all their supposedly logically-arrived-at opinions seem to support a status quo where they get all the privileges.

He isnt far right, but he is a person that the far right love because he provides a legitimate outlet for them to air their dogwhistle-laden views and pretend they are mere applications of logic to facts.
    Racism and sexism are massively less of an issue than they have been in the past though. No one is denying it happens or that things couldn't improve further, but there are some people who seem to think they remain huge issues which they aren't. Economic inequality is the big problem of our age and racism and sexism are trivial distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

Why would anyone want Michael Shermer removed?

He seems pretty sensible to me: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...l-orientation/