hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1081 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 81581981103110711078107910801081108210831084 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,620 of 21752

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    And there’s no precedent at all in those millennia of military training for troops to ignore the chain of command or go into rebellion, or take sides in a revolution or a civil war. And certainly no elite troops have ever done this.

Nope, none at all.

Glad we got that sorted.
    As I said, G-Forces aren't the only reasons to get rid of the "fallible meatbag factor"
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    And there’s no precedent at all in those millennia of military training for troops to ignore the chain of command or go into rebellion, or take sides in a revolution or a civil war. And certainly no elite troops have ever done this.

Nope, none at all.

Glad we got that sorted.
    As I said, G-Forces aren't the only reasons to get rid of the "fallible meatbag factor"
    So what you're saying is that the poor must kill the rich before they get their hands on reliable robots at which point it's over for 99% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgtSniper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I said I'd vote for/support them.

I never said I could convince anyone here to accept them, lol.
    I would genuinely fear for your safety if you made a serious attempt.
    I'm touched, but I don't think it's all that bad. Bloomberg has been advocating for it for ages, as have a goodly number of others, and no one has assassinated any of them.

Like I said, I just don't think (in the near term) that we're going to convince enough American voters on the issue of Gun Regulation/Limitation to get anything meaningful done.

Honestly, I think most Americans think "doesn't effect me", thinks of the gun deaths generally as suicides i.e. their own choice, or criminals, i.e. not their problem, and doesn't care much beyond that.

For all the talk on the issue, the average voters (in my experience) cares very little about it, and doesn't prioritize it over economics, abortion, immigration, etc.
    The other part of that equation is that gun control was originally a racist concept.

Look, I own three weapons and I can tell you there's people around me I'm glad I'm the only one armed when they are around. But blaming gun owners who haven't done any wrong is not the way to win this.

Start with the massive mental health issue in our country, do honest work there, and then maybe we can have other conversations. And I'll even participate.
    We can address multiple issues simultaneously.

Respectfully, the 2nd Amendment is an entirely outdated concept. It's intent, to allow for "Revolution II: Anti-Tyrant Boogaloo" is equally outdated now.

First, citizens cannot fight off the State. The idea is today so laughable, it's unworthy of serious discourse tbqh. The U.S. is not Afghanistan, and no amount of Sovereign Citizenlols are going to hole up in the Appalachians to fight the long war vs. the State.

Second, not liking the outcome of Democracy is not the same as Tyranny. It's not an opt in/opt out system where you get all the good, but can opt out when society does something you don't personally approve of.

Third, there is no modern day reason ownership of a firearm should be an inalienable right. Allowances for it as a regulated privilege is perfectly acceptable and reasonable all things considered. And as a regulated privilege, plenty of law abiding people would still get to own guns in multiples.

End of the day, while I most certainly appreciate the "don't penalize the law abiding for the act of the law breaking" ideal, I no longer support it in the case of guns.

It simply should not be a right any longer in my view. And I would support an effort to repeal the 2nd accordingly.
    In the hypothetical, they don't have to defeat the state. They have to hold out long enough for the desertions to begin.

That said, if you actually want the balkanization and collapse to happen, do exactly that. Because this is one of those where even those of us in the middle will not tolerate that much of a move right now.
    I simply do not agree on this issue. I don't think anything would happen if the right were revoked in the vast majority.
    I've seen a couple of these happen. I saw a documentary about it and the amount of firepower the militias brought to that place and how they positioned themselves down on the ground i front of the gate and up on the bridge, with all sorts of assault rifles, sniper rifles and literally aiming at the feds ... I'm not sure that would be a peaceful transition.

The actual reason for this was different, but the main argument "the gubment took away our rights!" remains. And this one didn't even involve taking away their guns.
    That's fine. If they actually shoot at the feds, we call in the Apaches.
    And what happens when/if the kid in the Apache decides to shoot at the feds instead? Or, more likely, what happens when the guy ordering the Apache canít be 100% confident that the kid in the Apache wonít shoot at the feds? Does he still order the Apache?
    You have a real stiffy for this revolution of the right idea, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Nope, none at all.

Glad we got that sorted.
    So what you're saying is that the poor must kill the rich before they get their hands on reliable robots at which point it's over for 99% of the population.
    it's over for 99% of the population already. We're sorting out the last 0.9%
    meh

Nope, none at all.

Glad we got that sorted.
    Think you'll have a bunk on the moon base?

Nope, none at all.

Glad we got that sorted.
    I don't care. I probably don't get to see that so it's not really my problem.
    meh

I'm touched, but I don't think it's all that bad. Bloomberg has been advocating for it for ages, as have a goodly number of others, and no one has assassinated any of them.

Like I said, I just don't think (in the near term) that we're going to convince enough American voters on the issue of Gun Regulation/Limitation to get anything meaningful done.

Honestly, I think most Americans think "doesn't effect me", thinks of the gun deaths generally as suicides i.e. their own choice, or criminals, i.e. not their problem, and doesn't care much beyond that.

For all the talk on the issue, the average voters (in my experience) cares very little about it, and doesn't prioritize it over economics, abortion, immigration, etc.
    The other part of that equation is that gun control was originally a racist concept.

Look, I own three weapons and I can tell you there's people around me I'm glad I'm the only one armed when they are around. But blaming gun owners who haven't done any wrong is not the way to win this.

Start with the massive mental health issue in our country, do honest work there, and then maybe we can have other conversations. And I'll even participate.

Respectfully, the 2nd Amendment is an entirely outdated concept. It's intent, to allow for "Revolution II: Anti-Tyrant Boogaloo" is equally outdated now.

First, citizens cannot fight off the State. The idea is today so laughable, it's unworthy of serious discourse tbqh. The U.S. is not Afghanistan, and no amount of Sovereign Citizenlols are going to hole up in the Appalachians to fight the long war vs. the State.

Second, not liking the outcome of Democracy is not the same as Tyranny. It's not an opt in/opt out system where you get all the good, but can opt out when society does something you don't personally approve of.

Third, there is no modern day reason ownership of a firearm should be an inalienable right. Allowances for it as a regulated privilege is perfectly acceptable and reasonable all things considered. And as a regulated privilege, plenty of law abiding people would still get to own guns in multiples.

End of the day, while I most certainly appreciate the "don't penalize the law abiding for the act of the law breaking" ideal, I no longer support it in the case of guns.

It simply should not be a right any longer in my view. And I would support an effort to repeal the 2nd accordingly.
    In the hypothetical, they don't have to defeat the state. They have to hold out long enough for the desertions to begin.

That said, if you actually want the balkanization and collapse to happen, do exactly that. Because this is one of those where even those of us in the middle will not tolerate that much of a move right now.
    I simply do not agree on this issue. I don't think anything would happen if the right were revoked in the vast majority.
    I've seen a couple of these happen. I saw a documentary about it and the amount of firepower the militias brought to that place and how they positioned themselves down on the ground i front of the gate and up on the bridge, with all sorts of assault rifles, sniper rifles and literally aiming at the feds ... I'm not sure that would be a peaceful transition.

The actual reason for this was different, but the main argument "the gubment took away our rights!" remains. And this one didn't even involve taking away their guns.
    And what happens when/if the kid in the Apache decides to shoot at the feds instead? Or, more likely, what happens when the guy ordering the Apache can’t be 100% confident that the kid in the Apache won’t shoot at the feds? Does he still order the Apache?
    Who said anything about ‘the right’ in this context? The issue of whether the folks your troops don’t want to shoot at are broadly left or right wing is a separate issue from whether or not troops can be relied on to attack the civilians they signed up to protect.

And what happens when/if the kid in the Apache decides to shoot at the feds instead? Or, more likely, what happens when the guy ordering the Apache can’t be 100% confident that the kid in the Apache won’t shoot at the feds? Does he still order the Apache?
    Who said anything about ‘the right’ in this context? The issue of whether the folks your troops don’t want to shoot at are broadly left or right wing is a separate issue from whether or not troops can be relied on to attack the civilians they signed up to protect.
    The American Left isn't going to foment a Revolution over gun rights being withdrawn.

Notice the first post few posts in this pyramid? All started with "take away muh guns!" and what would happen if....

So yes, we're talking about the Right. Not a theoretical group.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.

True leftists believe the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, change my mind.

Nope, none at all.

Glad we got that sorted.
    I don't care. I probably don't get to see that so it's not really my problem.
    And that's how we got here in the first place

True leftists believe the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, change my mind.

Uhh George Orwell was a radical leftist.

Oh, really? I didn't know!

So then what’s the context here?

So then what’s the context here?
    A knowing look is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
    meh

Grandpa Lampshade was, undoubtedly, a problem. In a bygone era, he might have donned a hood and burned a cross in a remote field. But he likely would have been little more than a local malignancy. In the social media age, however, he could reach through his keyboard and contact the world. The neo-Nazi next door could be your neighbor. Your own kid could be listening to Grandpa Lampshade. And the anonymity of the internet allowed him to operate without hindrance or consequence.

Until now.

Behind the Pepe mask and the Nazi pseudonym is a very average 51-year-old who represents how commonplace racism is in America. He lives about an hour outside Fort Worth, Texas, in a small town called Granbury. He works at an auto parts store. He likes motorcycles. He used to chew Red Man tobacco. He got married. He had a son. He got divorced. He remarried in blue jeans. He supported Donald Trump in the 2016 election.

Meet Daniel Kenneth Jeffreys
    https://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us...rce=reddit.com

HuffPo taking on that master race bullshit. Color me somewhat surprised.

Grandpa Lampshade was, undoubtedly, a problem. In a bygone era, he might have donned a hood and burned a cross in a remote field. But he likely would have been little more than a local malignancy. In the social media age, however, he could reach through his keyboard and contact the world. The neo-Nazi next door could be your neighbor. Your own kid could be listening to Grandpa Lampshade. And the anonymity of the internet allowed him to operate without hindrance or consequence.

Until now.

Behind the Pepe mask and the Nazi pseudonym is a very average 51-year-old who represents how commonplace racism is in America. He lives about an hour outside Fort Worth, Texas, in a small town called Granbury. He works at an auto parts store. He likes motorcycles. He used to chew Red Man tobacco. He got married. He had a son. He got divorced. He remarried in blue jeans. He supported Donald Trump in the 2016 election.

Meet Daniel Kenneth Jeffreys
    https://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us...rce=reddit.com

HuffPo taking on that master race bullshit. Color me somewhat surprised.
    I can tell he's a cunt just from his vacant look and his beard and haircut.
    meh

Link is borked for me. Not a cookie or JS issue, can't read.

Link is now borked for me too.

Another link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...87b557717a/amp

Or just google “The Neo-Nazi Podcaster Next Door”

and again

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.