hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 943 of 953 FirstFirst ... 443843893933940941942943944945946 ... LastLast
Results 18,841 to 18,860 of 19050

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Losvar View Post
    I categorize it as an illness in the same way as high functioning autism is an illness, it's not necessarily debilitating in any way, and it might be something that can't be "cured" or even should be, I do in no way consider trans people as untermensch, it might come off as I don't like them, but that's not the case, I just think the current LGBTQ movement is misguided in how they try to tackle the problems around this.

Discrimination and not getting acceptance from your own family is clearly one of the causes for the high suicide rate among trans people, but as a group they have such a high rate compared to other groups that face much the same difficulties, that I don't think that it's realistic to assume that it's purely a societal issue.

Females in general have lower suicide rates than males, no matter their sexual orientation.
    now you're just being a dick buddy.

illness implies it is a disease and thus treatable with enough effort applied. my Autism/Aspergers is not fucking treatable, there is no magic pill, there is no magical therapy that makes it go away, it's literately wired into how my brain works on a fundamental level in terms of what areas of the brains governs behaviours ranging from the complex (thinking patterns) to the mundane (basic movement) and how these areas do, and do not interact with each other.

you're even fucking implying that with that "might" thrown in, it's quite frankly offensive to imply that you can just "treat away" fundamental aspects of people's personalities and no that fig-leaf justification of "or even should be" doesn't change the underlying implication you're presenting either, "if these people would just take a pill and fuck off from anywhere near me".

you probably do not hate either group, but your fundamental inability or unwillingness to understand the nature of what's going on is quite frankly offensive, neither gender dystopia or autism can be solved with a "magical pill". hormone therapy, and if opted for, gender reassignment surgery is about aligning reality with the expectation and fundamental understanding of the personality and brain involved, not the other way around.

just like cognitive behaviour therapy for autistic people is about teaching how to handle situations and understanding "alien" thought-patterns rather than actually doing anything about the underlying condition, because you can't "fix" the underlying condition, that's the whole god-damn point. none of these are markedly different from homosexuality in that regard either.
    So, he is actually not saying any of that. Or being a dick for that matter. If anyone is a dick right now you are honestly closer.
    I've read through his replies like 10 times know, either I have lost my ability to read and understand English or a lot of you are so upset from Christan Values Crusade representative Smuggo that you cant get off it and have currently lost your ability to see straight.

Anyway... go on I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Smuggo's worst replies were deleted, as I've said, as Joe has said, as at least one other person said.

If you mean Losvar, well he has said Transgenderism is a mental illness. Is that different from calling it a delusion like Smuggo did?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    His worst replies were deleted, as I've said, as Joe has said, as at least one other person said.
    Yeah, it was some shit about how he (Smuggo) assumed I was super pleased at my ability to deceive people, but that's kinda whatever and equal to the ones that got left where he 'only' intentionally misgenders me imo.

Smuggo's worst replies were deleted, as I've said, as Joe has said, as at least one other person said.

If you mean Losvar, well he has said Transgenderism is a mental illness. Is that different from calling it a delusion like Smuggo did?
    The fact they were deleted does not change that they did not even vaguely represent what I'm being accused of.

Quote Originally Posted by Fachiri View Post
    His worst replies were deleted, as I've said, as Joe has said, as at least one other person said.
    Yeah, it was some shit about how he (Smuggo) assumed I was super pleased at my ability to deceive people, but that's kinda whatever and equal to the ones that got left where he 'only' intentionally misgenders me imo.
    I hope you derive some comfort, or at least amusement, from the obviousness of CP's insecurty and fear.

I hate to even start imagining how it must be for you to constantly encounter that kind of barely masked hostility in person, but fundamentally it's because they're afraid of you. And they're even more afraid every time they run into people who they think should be "on their side" who say things along the lines of "It's Fachiri's body and Fachiri's bits and she can do what the hell she likes with them, and it's none of your god damb business what that results in.", because every time they hear that they know in their heart of hearts that the world is slowly, painfully, clumsily growing away from them and leaving them behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Yes Losvar. And the way I read it and the rest he said, thats not what he meant, and he restated it later for better understanding. Which at least one person accepted if that now is a thing.
    My take on his writing is "this can be traumatic as fuck for a lot of reasons, possibly develop mental illness from it, and there should be treatment available to make the person get out of that zone instead jumping of a bridge!" - Not treating people in an effort to try and "beat the trans/gay out of them".

If Lovars actually meant that the general rule is that trans people are doing the change because they are mentally disturbed and have deep mental illness/issues from the get go we probably need to have him explain himself (or tell him to fuck off as is our usual approach).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Is there a major difference between a delusion and a mental illness? If someone hears voices you'd call it a delusion. If they see things that aren't there etc...

Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Is there a major difference between a delusion and a mental illness? If someone hears voices you'd call it a delusion. If they see things that aren't there etc...
    Like statistical spikes that aren't there?

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    I'm all out of reps dammit
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Got yo back
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    got ya back brah.

edit: doesn't matter, that comeback deserves all the reps it can get.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Except they were as I described them.

A reversion to the mean after an atypical drop is not a spike, unless you're seeing things that aren't there.

A reversion to the mean after an atypical drop is not a spike, unless you're seeing things that aren't there.
    Since I didn't say it was a spike perhaps you need to work on your reading?

"Spiked" is a synonym for "increased quite sharply"

Seems like you'd be the expert here.
    I love Malcanis!

Apology accepted.

Political Shots Fired Thread

Apology accepted.
    Again, you are seeing things that aren't there.

Apology accepted.
    In Smuggos world, only literal to the letter meanings mean anything. Except when he makes arguments of course.

How the fuck do you manage to work in journalism with such a horrible grasp of language.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

How the fuck do you manage to work in journalism with such a horrible grasp of language.
    That's the joke, right?
    I love Malcanis!