hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1093 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 93593993104310831090109110921093109410951096 ... LastLast
Results 21,841 to 21,860 of 21946

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

I just don't care for him. Should I care for every grifter who has put considerable effort into spreading hate and distrust? A person who has revelled in his part in shaping the alt-right deserves what from me?

Better people go through much worse, and I don't idolise them for having shitty experiences. The human experience for everyone involves pain, loss and suffering. I'm not going to use that to gauge how I treat people, I'm going to use their actions and words.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    As expected from someone lacking empathy.
    Oh yeah because your post history of all is truly full of it.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Stop

Hammer time

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

oh the ironies
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm not going to use that to gauge how I treat people, I'm going to use their actions and words.
    Seems fair.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/24/e...ntl/index.html

Prague City Council voted on Monday in favor of renaming what was known for decades as "Under the Chestnuts Square"
    to "Boris Nemtsov Square," according to the city's mayor, Zdeněk Hřib.

The official renaming will take place on February 27, the fifth anniversary of the opposition leader's killing.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    I always find it ironic how little empathy in reality people on the left side have.
    He sure had a whole lot of empathy when he was grifting

Just heard about this Peterson comedy.

Mikhaila, an advocate of the dubious meat-only “Lion Diet,” said Peterson was prescribed a low dose of benzos in response to an autoimmune reaction to food. . . .

It certainly sounds like things are rough for Peterson, who developed a massive following when he refused to use students’ preferred gender pronouns, and later released 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, a book that doles out tips like: “set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.”

Shocking secret: Peterson’s house was not in perfect order.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/artic...nzo-dependence

Sucks about his wife, but if the only reason he was on benzos in the first place is to cope with an allergic reaction to a fad diet...

I only skimmed the article, but Peterson had a long-term autoimmune issue before he went on the all-meat diet. That was the whole point.

All meat diet is fucking retarded however you look at it.

The subreddit for it is hilarious with seemingly everyone convincing themselves the uncontrollable diarrhea is a feature not a bug.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Finally, a worthy match to vegetards.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    All meat diet is fucking retarded however you look at it.
    Yes. I'm sure his health improved, but not for the reasons he believes.

Just plain caloric restriction and removing from his diet whatever unknown food element was actually underlying his condition.

Meat eaters at it again

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    I only skimmed the article, but Peterson had a long-term autoimmune issue before he went on the all-meat diet. That was the whole point.
    His all meat diet worked really well the first 6 months improving his health far beyond other known treatments. Once it stopped doing that and his health took a nose dive is when he should have switched to something else but instead he doubled down.
    I had detox episodes including akathisia like him aswell. He has it in a extreme form while mine was mild to heavy. I can tell you that its fukin hell to go trough and i can believe it drove him to suicidal ideation. You constantly feel like you are going to burst out of your skin and the restless limbs go into permanent ticks and ocd behaviour really quick.

Tapering of benzo's doesnt do jack shit if you have it rough because the difference between e.g. 5 or 8 benzo's a day is null, only the original high dosis keeps you calm and sane. The cold turkey approach is what many of my clients want if it will help them get back to normal quick but i dont think a single shrink in NL will advice or support that.

In extreme cases you will go to a clinic here and they will sedate you heavily during the tapering of period. I can completely understand the coma therapy. The article saying its not evidence based is false. It isnt evidence based in western style psych therapy, the russian articles on it are pretty positive ( i read some stuff about it last year) but in the west nobody wants to do a repeat study so of course there is no evidence based anything here, they wont even try it.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    nani the fuck??

Fuck that, all soylent diet best diet.

For breakfast, Bel Vita crackers and tea. Soylent for lunch and dinner. I did some days like this for a month or so before getting sick of the Soylent drink. This was a couple of years ago and the formula for the drink has changed since then, I don't know what it tastes like now but I see graduate students using it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    His all meat diet worked really well the first 6 months improving his health far beyond other known treatments. Once it stopped doing that and his health took a nose dive is when he should have switched to something else but instead he doubled down.
    I had detox episodes including akathisia like him aswell. He has it in a extreme form while mine was mild to heavy. I can tell you that its fukin hell to go trough and i can believe it drove him to suicidal ideation. You constantly feel like you are going to burst out of your skin and the restless limbs go into permanent ticks and ocd behaviour really quick.

Tapering of benzo's doesnt do jack shit if you have it rough because the difference between e.g. 5 or 8 benzo's a day is null, only the original high dosis keeps you calm and sane. The cold turkey approach is what many of my clients want if it will help them get back to normal quick but i dont think a single shrink in NL will advice or support that.

In extreme cases you will go to a clinic here and they will sedate you heavily during the tapering of period. I can completely understand the coma therapy. The article saying its not evidence based is false. It isnt evidence based in western style psych therapy, the russian articles on it are pretty positive ( i read some stuff about it last year) but in the west nobody wants to do a repeat study so of course there is no evidence based anything here, they wont even try it.
    Yes I hear longer term effects aren't a thing and the fact something works short term it means it's fine.

NHS gender clinic 'should have challenged me more' over transition

A 23-year-old woman who is taking legal action against an NHS gender clinic says she should have been challenged more by medical staff over her decision to transition to a male as a teenager.

A judge gave the go-ahead for a full hearing of the case against the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust.

Lawyers will argue children cannot give informed consent to treatment delaying puberty or helping them to transition.
    NHS use of puberty blockers legal challenge begins

Legal action is being launched against the NHS over the prescribing of drugs to delay puberty.

Papers have been lodged at the High Court by a mother and a nurse against the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, which runs the UK's only gender-identity development service (Gids).

Lawyers will argue it is illegal to prescribe the drugs, as children cannot give informed consent to the treatment.
    I've quoted the first paragraphs of the articles but most notable...

Although puberty blockers are described by the NHS as reversible, GIDS acknowledges that their impact on brain development and psychological health is not fully known.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    NHS gender clinic 'should have challenged me more' over transition

A 23-year-old woman who is taking legal action against an NHS gender clinic says she should have been challenged more by medical staff over her decision to transition to a male as a teenager.

A judge gave the go-ahead for a full hearing of the case against the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust.

Lawyers will argue children cannot give informed consent to treatment delaying puberty or helping them to transition.
    NHS use of puberty blockers legal challenge begins

Legal action is being launched against the NHS over the prescribing of drugs to delay puberty.

Papers have been lodged at the High Court by a mother and a nurse against the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, which runs the UK's only gender-identity development service (Gids).

Lawyers will argue it is illegal to prescribe the drugs, as children cannot give informed consent to the treatment.
    I've quoted the first paragraphs of the articles but most notable...

Although puberty blockers are described by the NHS as reversible, GIDS acknowledges that their impact on brain development and psychological health is not fully known.
    I'm more concerned about their practices (assuming what the plaintiff claims is true), starting hormone blockers after three one-hour meetings. That's not necessarily even enough for a proper psychological assessment. But I don't know how the 'children cannot give informed consent' -claim would work, given that there are lots of operations done on children that they give informed consent for. I am not familiar with the UK law if there is some sort of clause where a health care professional makes an assessment on whether the patient is mature enough to make decisions for him/herself.

The effects of puberty blockers on brain development / psychological health is most likely negligible given how minuscule gender differences in the brain are. And assuming a person with gender dysphoria, effects of puberty blockers on psychological health is probably the least of the patient's worries.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277