hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 700 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness Stories

ahhh this echoes our yearly Sinterklaas discussion.

Sint-Nicholas is a pedo, childrens holiday, from Turkey (christian saint from the time parts were christian) his helpers are all black. So offcourse they are slaves.

Every year there is a discussion about banning the feast since its out-of- date.
    The real kicker is that its the white folks painting themselfs black or brown and that the holiday is very popular amongst our coloured brethren.
    I was at the sint nicholaas parade last year with the kid and it was 70% immigrants having a blast with their kids.

So while some PC politicians (of all colour) make a hissy fit yearly, the holiday just keeps rocking yearly.

I find story 1 to be plausible.
    I live near where new migrants will move to. Local events will often have no alcohol or no pork on the invites. in order to cotton wrap what rooland is actually like.

The winterval myth is repeated every fucking year and has nearly zero grounding in reality: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...myth-christmas http://www.thedisinformed.co.uk/2010...interval-myth/

Also a large amount of the hysterical anti-EU PC stories published in the UK press are inevitably, utter bullshit: http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.co.uk/...idence-of.html The European Commission has even set up its own website to debunk the tidal wave of bullshit which gets published in the UK press: http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/

lol PCC

When I was in the Navy I worked sampling reactor and steam plant chemistry. We had this TINY lab where the reactor samples were tested...the door had to remain closed at all times naturally to prevent potential reactor coolant spills (it's radioactive!). Sampling took about 90 minutes with prep and clean up. You had one guy help you draw the sample and did the rest yourself. Unless you were training up a new person, in which case you analyzed the sample together.

Shortly after I qualified, women began to be assigned to my division for the first time in the Navy's history. Upon the arrival of these women, new rules were put in place. Men and women were not allowed in rooms with closed doors alone at any time.

The reactor department's solution was to mandate a third person be present in the lab when one of the women was being trained. I don't think it's PC gone amok but, it's certainly illogical (what about gays?, is this really worth contaminating 3 people over in the event of a spill?)

In the end it didn't matter. While I was there, not a single one of the women assigned to the ship made it to the point of starting qualification without getting pregnant.

edit: closet racist checking in.
    Last edited by indeterminacy; January 7 2013 at 07:55:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacefalm View Post
    I forgot the name of a colored acquaintance and tried to describe him without using skin color. It was awkward. The end.
    Not just you iirc the BBC gave a formal apology a while back after Alan Hansen (former footballer now commentator) referred to a black player as "coloured" this is despite people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson referring to themselves as "people of colour"
    We don't have that many qualms in the UK about describing someone who is black as black. It's a whole lot less offensive than "coloured". You may as well say "one of them" because that's basically what it implies.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    I forgot the name of a colored acquaintance and tried to describe him without using skin color. It was awkward. The end.
    Not just you iirc the BBC gave a formal apology a while back after Alan Hansen (former footballer now commentator) referred to a black player as "coloured" this is despite people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson referring to themselves as "people of colour"
    It's a whole lot less offensive than "coloured". You may as well say "one of them" because that's basically what it implies.
    So your saying the word coloured is offensive? even though as i have said people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson regularly describe themselves as people of colour? So are they now racist against their own people? or are you taking the Lee Jasper line in that black people are incapable of being racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The "PC" principle behind it (racial profiling is wrong) is sound.
    Ultimately what is so wrong with racial (or religious for that matter?) profiling? for instance if you are a copper in certain parts of London where black kids have been going round shooting and stabbing other black kids for years now, what point is there stopping and searching white kids? yeah you may be lucky in picking them up on some totally unrelated other crime? but how will this stop or reduce the numbers of shootings and stabbings? In a similar manner if you were a copper working as a part of a terrorism department. Why would you be looking at people who are Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus and so on?
    You do realise that there needs to be very specific circumstances to randomly stop and search someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    It's a whole lot less offensive than "coloured". You may as well say "one of them" because that's basically what it implies.
    So your saying the word coloured is offensive? even though as i have said people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson regularly describe themselves as people of colour? So are they now racist against their own people? or are you taking the Lee Jasper line in that black people are incapable of being racist?

Holy fucking shit! You are a total racist. What do you mean by "their own people?" Go kill yourself. Black people don't get together twice a year and decide what they're collectively going to do and not do. There's a huge difference between black people in the UK and black people in America. UK racism can manifest in a completely different manner than American racism. That you seem to think that blacks everywhere are the same is the perfect example that you are a racist shitcunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    There is a parallel between these arguements and the arguements against allowing employers to discriminate against women due to maternity leave being costly to the business.
    Call me bad, but if i ran a small/small-medium business, I would never hire young women of 18-35... just wouldnt do it. I am not paying a year or mores salary to an employee who is doing nothing for me. I would obviously find some 'reason' not to hire them, but I just wouldn't have them.

It might be sausage fest but it would be a profitable sausage fest (hopefully). I would hire women who were older and had had kids sure, why not.

Anybody can get on their high horse and decry me, but I bet it is how a lot of employers feel deep down.
    I wouldnt call you a bad, I'd call you a lawsuit in waiting. Its harsh but its necessary or no one would employ those women.
    Obviously its hypothetical, I would fake it really nicely, give them an interview and everything. Write them a letter giving professional reasons why they aren't quite what I am after and wish them luck. But deep down, its because she is a 'health female of breeding age'

Are you pissed off that men don't get a fair shout when it comes to custody of children in divorce cases? I'd stake my future tits on the fact you do. And you're the exact reason it happens. Not wanting to hire women because they might get knocked up and take a year off is total sexism. The answer to women getting knocked up and taking a year off is to give men a year off to look after their knocked up wife and newborn child, not to discriminate against women. How are men ever going to be seen as equally valid in the childcare realm if it's presumed they'll bring in a wage while the woman is at home minding the baby.

Double posted, so I'm using it to call Warpath a racist shitcunt again.

v0v yeah maybe i should have used the words their own ethnic group, which in effect means a very similar thing. And elmicker was still talking shit when trying to claim the word coloured is any more offensive than the word black.. and you are still a raging faggot.

Seriously though, who gives a shit if a supermarket decides not to put of Christmas decorations?

Status of Babby: 100% Formed

v0v yeah maybe i should have used the words their own ethnic group, which in effect means a very similar thing. And elmicker was still talking shit when trying to claim the word coloured is any more offensive than the word black.. and you are still a raging faggot.
    I'm not surprised a racist shitcunt is too stupid to understand. That you even think black Americans and black Britons should be of the same opinion on things is proof perfect of you being a racist shitcunt. You racist shitcunt.

The god squad, and people from the locality who see it as the authorities try to pander and apease those who have immigrated to the locality when stopping Christian posters etc from being posted http://www.standard.co.uk/news/counc...s-6941161.html and yet the same council promotes Eid, Diwali and non christian celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    I'm not surprised a racist shitcunt is too stupid to understand. That you even think black Americans and black Britons should be of the same opinion on things is proof perfect of you being a racist shitcunt. You racist shitcunt.
    Someone's mad.

The god squad, and people from the locality who see it as the authorities try to pander and apease those who have immigrated to the locality when stopping Christian posters etc from being posted http://www.standard.co.uk/news/counc...s-6941161.html and yet the same council promotes Eid, Diwali and non christian celebrations.
    How are they pandering and appeasing when they're enforcing the same rule for everyone about placing a religious poster in a library where no religious posters are allowed?

And no they haven't stopped the posters from being posted, or "banned" them as they article claims. A religious poster wasn't allowed in a place where religious posters aren't allowed.

And if the Standard is so interested in a council's attitude to religious posters in a library then why haven't they gotten on the case when other religions presumably weren't allowed? I'd like to think it's because the other religions didn't complain, but I have a feeling if they did complain to the Standard, the standard would run an article about MUSLIMS TAKING OVER OUR LIBRARIES!

lol

Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda
    Are you pissed off that men don't get a fair shout when it comes to custody of children in divorce cases? I'd stake my future tits on the fact you do. And you're the exact reason it happens. Not wanting to hire women because they might get knocked up and take a year off is total sexism. The answer to women getting knocked up and taking a year off is to give men a year off to look after their knocked up wife and newborn child, not to discriminate against women. How are men ever going to be seen as equally valid in the childcare realm if it's presumed they'll bring in a wage while the woman is at home minding the baby.
    I think he was more worried about otherwise qualified women using his business simply for the maternity benefits and not actually looking for a career.

Oh god why did I enter this thread?

this thread /o\

RE: sexism against women due to them potentially taking a year off.

I had no idea that in the UK the employer was saddled with paying the employees salary while they were off on maternity leave... that could be a real kick in the balls to a small business. Here in Canada it's covered under employment insurance, and it's only available if you have payed into employment insurance for at least 600 hours in the last year or something. So neither employers nor mothers get screwed.

Hmm, I wonder if women pay higher EI premiums...
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

As a whitey I liked it when the police were statistically profiling the darkies.

I have a muslim friend:

Me: Meight do you even celebrate christmas? because i got a totally awesome remote control helicopter.
    Him: No, we don't celebrate christmas, however In a stunning coincidence someone gave me an AR Drone 2.0 on the 25th of December

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda
    I think he was more worried about otherwise qualified women using his business simply for the maternity benefits and not actually looking for a career.

Oh god why did I enter this thread?
    Trixy women. Always looking to get one over the honest working man.