hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 657 FirstFirst 123451252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness Stories

Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandslinger View Post
    "Those fucking pakkies stole Christmas"
    I've got nothing to really contribute at the moment, but the quote gave me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The "PC" principle behind it (racial profiling is wrong) is sound.
    Ultimately what is so wrong with racial (or religious for that matter?) profiling? for instance if you are a copper in certain parts of London where black kids have been going round shooting and stabbing other black kids for years now, what point is there stopping and searching white kids? yeah you may be lucky in picking them up on some totally unrelated other crime? but how will this stop or reduce the numbers of shootings and stabbings? In a similar manner if you were a copper working as a part of a terrorism department. Why would you be looking at people who are Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus and so on?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    The "PC" principle behind it (racial profiling is wrong) is sound.
    Ultimately what is so wrong with racial (or religious for that matter?) profiling? for instance if you are a copper in certain parts of London where black kids have been going round shooting and stabbing other black kids for years now, what point is there stopping and searching white kids? yeah you may be lucky in picking them up on some totally unrelated other crime? but how will this stop or reduce the numbers of shootings and stabbings? In a similar manner if you were a copper working as a part of a terrorism department. Why would you be looking at people who are Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus and so on?
    The policing benefits are massively outweighed by the social costs. Its basic human psychology that the following will happen:

- policy of targetting black youths for searches will translate into police personnel actively discriminating / assuming guilt based on race
    - fragments communities along racial lines
    - teaches black youths that society considers them to be criminals this in turn leads to alienation and disengagement
    - creates racial resentment in the targetted group
    - encourages racism in non-targetted groups ("see those blacks are always criminals")
    - promotes resentment of police in target community, resulting in reduced cooperation.
    - entrenches negative stereotypes

All of these effects are very well studied and proven.

PS: This has nothing to do with a special policing unit set up to handle a specific type of crime or criminal group (e.g. Islamic terrorism, or black-gang knife crime) from focussing on a particular ethnicity (which is not racial profiling per se) - we are talking about general policing, e.g. stop and search on the street, traffic stops or random searches in airports here.

There is a parallel between these arguements and the arguements against allowing employers to discriminate against women due to maternity leave being costly to the business.
    Last edited by Lallante; January 7 2013 at 03:47:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    I've never met anyone who gets really angry over PCness who isn't a closet racist.

Seriously who cares? At most its a mildly amusing example of modern beaurocracy culture. Realistically it prevents more harm than it causes.
    Having police arrest white people deliberately to fill quotas is good amirite?
    Yes. The alternative is a police culture that assumes the darkies did it. (i.e. the prevailing police culture up until about a decade ago).
    Eh... I fail to see how that is an alternative, quotas, positive discrimination etc. breeds resentment and encourages racism, as it continues to highlight differences. If these are the only means of preventing out right discrimination in institutions then we will never fully integrate properly and multiculturalism will have failed.
    You're like a fluffy gerbil sat on a naked woman's crotch, you might think you're looking cool, but everybody else thinks you're a cunt.
    aka Maasu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatepeace Lovewar View Post
    I've never met anyone who gets really angry over PCness who isn't a closet racist.

Seriously who cares? At most its a mildly amusing example of modern beaurocracy culture. Realistically it prevents more harm than it causes.
    Having police arrest white people deliberately to fill quotas is good amirite?
    Yes. The alternative is a police culture that assumes the darkies did it. (i.e. the prevailing police culture up until about a decade ago).
    Eh... I fail to see how that is an alternative, quotas, positive discrimination etc. breeds resentment and encourages racism, as it continues to highlight differences. If these are the only means of preventing out right discrimination in institutions then we will never fully integrate properly and multiculturalism will have failed.
    To be clear - quotas and postive discrimination are both examples of racial profiling and therefore fall within my argument. I'm calling for no taking account of race in general policing.

Also that's not what multiculturalism means. Most politicians accept that multiculturalism (the idea that multiple cultures can live alongside each other, unintegrated, in a country) has already failed. Integration is literally (an) opposite of multiculturalism.

There is a parallel between these arguements and the arguements against allowing employers to discriminate against women due to maternity leave being costly to the business.
    Call me bad, but if i ran a small/small-medium business, I would never hire young women of 18-35... just wouldnt do it. I am not paying a year or mores salary to an employee who is doing nothing for me. I would obviously find some 'reason' not to hire them, but I just wouldn't have them.

It might be sausage fest but it would be a profitable sausage fest (hopefully). I would hire women who were older and had had kids sure, why not.

Anybody can get on their high horse and decry me, but I bet it is how a lot of employers feel deep down.

Call me bad, but if i ran a small/small-medium business, I would never hire young women of 18-35... just wouldnt do it. I am not paying a year or mores salary to an employee who is doing nothing for me. I would obviously find some 'reason' not to hire them, but I just wouldn't have them.

It might be sausage fest but it would be a profitable sausage fest (hopefully). I would hire women who were older and had had kids sure, why not.

Anybody can get on their high horse and decry me, but I bet it is how a lot of employers feel deep down.
    I wouldnt call you a bad, I'd call you a lawsuit in waiting. Its harsh but its necessary or no one would employ those women.

I wouldnt call you a bad, I'd call you a lawsuit in waiting. Its harsh but its necessary or no one would employ those women.
    Obviously its hypothetical, I would fake it really nicely, give them an interview and everything. Write them a letter giving professional reasons why they aren't quite what I am after and wish them luck. But deep down, its because she is a 'health female of breeding age'

Obviously its hypothetical, I would fake it really nicely, give them an interview and everything. Write them a letter giving professional reasons why they aren't quite what I am after and wish them luck. But deep down, its because she is a 'health female of breeding age'
    Yes this happens all the time. It's pervasive sex descrimination and probably one the main reasons for the gender disparity in pay, the glass ceiling, AND low birth rates among white women in the UK. Imagine how unfair this would be if you were a 30 year old ambitious career woman with no desire to have children.

Ahh Lall.

Take interesting thread. Initiate borderline troll, and then run with it. I see it still works.

Goddamn closet racists. All of you.

To the OP: your friend would probably make me see red, too. But it's really nothing to care about. It's okay if you're a racist "xenofobe". What you need to do is tell him you once dressed up like ghost on halloween too.
    Last edited by Frug; January 7 2013 at 04:29:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Yes this happens all the time. It's pervasive sex descrimination and probably one the main reasons for the gender disparity in pay, the glass ceiling, AND low birth rates among white women in the UK. Imagine how unfair this would be if you were a 30 year old ambitious career woman with no desire to have children.
    I totally accept your point, it would suck. Allow me to make a counter point. Imagine if you were looking for a hardworking employee of about 30 years old. You found a candidate who really fitted the bill (female). However, her secret agenda was to to get knocked up as quickly as possible and have two kids in a short space of time.

As an employer you are left seriously out of pocket. Of course our two examples are hypothetical but they both suck, either for the female in your example and the employer in mine.

I totally accept your point, it would suck. Allow me to make a counter point. Imagine if you were looking for a hardworking employee of about 30 years old. You found a candidate who really fitted the bill (female). However, her secret agenda was to to get knocked up as quickly as possible and have two kids in a short space of time.

As an employer you are left seriously out of pocket. Of course our two examples are hypothetical but they both suck, either for the female in your example and the employer in mine.
    Indeed, its a pretty difficult question - its unfair regardless -so the question becomes, who is better placed to shoulder the burden of this problem?

The answer current legislation has struck upon is - mainly the Employer and to a lesser extent the Government. Its unfair in some (many?) instances, but its better than the alternative.

Indeed, its a pretty difficult question - its unfair regardless -so the question becomes, who is better placed to shoulder the burden of this problem?

The answer current legislation has struck upon is - mainly the Employer and to a lesser extent the Government. Its unfair in some (many?) instances, but its better than the alternative.
    hahaha, I knew you were going to mention that, the burden thing i mean. I remember tort and the vicarious liability stuff. Who can best bare the burden, well obviously the employer of course (Nettleship v Weston was it....?)

You can look at this another way, who employs somebody to take on a burden? Of course there are sick days, unforseen things such as relatives dying.. but avoiding paying a years maternity money AND employing somebody else is something I would avoid if i could as an employer

Comrade speak in not politically correct way

KGB come in night

Comrade is silent now

Yes of course - its logical business behaviour, which is why we have equality legislation that forces employers to ignore it.

Many small employers can and will game the system, which is acceptable (sort of) as it impacts them much more.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Bullshit.

People make up or exaggerate these PC-gone mad-stories all the time. I'll avoid speculating on their motivations.

Story 1 is almost certainly false. There are lots of stories in the crappier UK press about councils banning Christmas and they never stand up. Some misguided councils have renamed their own Christmas celebrations as 'Winter Festivals" or some such bullshit, but they have never banned Christmas decorations in private businesses. More likely the supermarket were too tight to buy decorations and the staff member made up this story.

I accept your account of story 2, but I'm not sure how you knew what training the individual police officers had done. Either way it hardly seems worth wasting pixels on.

As to story 1 I can't for a second why imagine why the woman would be so worked up about a story she made up. Also why a business would not do christmas decorations doesn't ring true to me. But hell you'll believe what you will believe.

I knew what training they had and how the situation arose by the handy fact that a mate is a police man and I had the pleasure of asking him if my initial theory as to how it arose was correct.

As to the rest of you by bejesus, way to either take the thread WAY too serious or troll the shit out of it lol

lallante "everyone who gets annoyed at political mismanagement is a racist!!! " wait what

thanks for reminding me why I never really post here at least

Please keep to your previous trend of never posting

I forgot the name of a colored acquaintance and tried to describe him without using skin color. It was awkward. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I'm doing my best. Well. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacefalm View Post
    I forgot the name of a colored acquaintance and tried to describe him without using skin color. It was awkward. The end.
    Not just you iirc the BBC gave a formal apology a while back after Alan Hansen (former footballer now commentator) referred to a black player as "coloured" this is despite people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson referring to themselves as "people of colour"