hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 671 of 707 FirstFirst ... 171571621661668669670671672673674681 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,420 of 14130

Thread: Political Correctness Stories

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Havent watched/listened to this aids, but here is the "debate":

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128362374?t=9m36s

Even his fans seem to think he is a retard:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JonTron/com...stiny/dev0wlc/
    That's amusing, a lot of his fans are destroying him on reddit there heh.
    just FYI that sub is currently being brigaded hard by both sides of the metasphere, I wouldn't take any reactions there at face value

(also it's mostly a shitposting sub)

the memes are pretty great though

A lot of the negative comments have sub-specific flair

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddit reply
    Antifa are unwelcome here Bolshevik.. Watch your back
    I'm spooked tbh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Yah, I'd want some context to that, like the actual emails.

I'd also ask hard questions about how a dude called Martin in a position of some responsibility accidentally signs his emails Nicole, but that's just me.
    Some email clients are setup to put a ending on by default (your sincerly nicole, after every email for example). If you are used not to have to add anything for years thats a very easy mistake to make if you swap the accounts.
    Why is he using her account, computer, whatever it was that allowed him to use her signature, in a business. This is called fraud, potentially.
    Oh fuck off with your e-lawyering, this isn't even remotely close to constituting fraud.
    I said potentially. You don't see a problem where a business's processes have failed so hard that a male supervisor can falsely represent himself as a female employee with no business process in place to prevent that happening? A the very least, that business would be so incompetent as to not be worthy of my attention and if that had happened to me as the customer, I'd probably be suing.

Just saying.
    Suing for what exactly? Do you even understand what suing someone requires and entails? What is the tort here? What is the loss?

Seriously posts like this
    Misses the word potentially. I'm saying there are a bunch of reasons in business, that somebody represent themselves as who they are. Our lawyers don't have to wear wigs either.
    Potentially what? What loss has the customer suffered? What tort has the company committed? What is the cause of action for the lawsuit?
    What if I shared cryptography code and the female employee was a Libyan immigrant. Well done, we've both just broken a federal law. I said potentially. If you can't see how strong identity verification is part of business, then no wonder the state I live in is going to surpass your islands GDP in the next few years.

There are a lot of reasons why I'd simply terminate the business relationship to avoid all this anyway, the second something like this came to my attention, which was my main point. Way to much liability potential, and also just shitty people who can't get basic email accounts right.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; March 13 2017 at 03:33:49 PM.
    meh

Banned
    what about this hypothetical situation where i'm right though

Curing Deafness is "Cultural Genocide" according to Gallaudet University professor.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/gall...ural-genocide/

“The argument goes like this,” professor Burke wrote. “The use of gene therapy to cure hereditary deafness would result in smaller numbers of deaf children. This, in turn, would reduce the critical mass of signing deaf people needed for a flourishing community, ultimately resulting in the demise of the community.”

When you no longer want to cure defects and the like, you've gone too far.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Curing Deafness is "Cultural Genocide" according to Gallaudet University professor.

“The argument goes like this,” professor Burke wrote. “The use of gene therapy to cure hereditary deafness would result in smaller numbers of deaf children. This, in turn, would reduce the critical mass of signing deaf people needed for a flourishing community, ultimately resulting in the demise of the community.”

Tl;Dr Helping those who can be helped is a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

Deaf and blind people have this weird cliqueish attitude like a bunch of fat people. If a friend gets their deafness fixed with cochlear implants or a fat person loses weight they get ousted from the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Agreeing with w0lf.
    XENOSISRAPER FAN CLUB

is this not the same logic that's applied by people towards homosexuals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post

Deaf and blind people have this weird cliqueish attitude like a bunch of fat people. If a friend gets their deafness fixed with cochlear implants or a fat person loses weight they get ousted from the group.
    I sure am glad you can speak for all deaf and blind people, makes things much easier

I sure am glad you can speak for all deaf and blind people, makes things much easier
    What?

??

No they don't.

Im legally blind in real life

Legally blonde you mean?

Mancs are not locally bland!

After researching the content of last 2 pages all I can add is

well at least now i know where that audioclip appearing in various vidyagame montages is from
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

The deaf people won't mind as they can't hear him anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    In "what the fuck is wrong with the world" news: actual Murderer "Marine A" Alexander Blackman has his conviction for cold-blooded execution of an unconscious and unarmed man on video downgraded to manslaughter because he found combat stressful:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...er-conviction/

Paging Cullnerd and Lark to tell me how its not murder to execute people with brown skin if you are feeling homesick and dont like being shot at.
    Last edited by Lallante; March 15 2017 at 01:07:28 PM.

I will be keeping note of his lawyers, because they are fucking wizards to get that turned over to Manslaughter.

"After shooting the Afghan in the chest at point blank range, Blackman can be heard saying: "There you are, shuffle of this mortal coil you ****"
    He adds: "Obviously this doesn't go anywhere fellas... I've just broken the Geneva Convention.""

Paging Lallante to tell me to pull myself up by my bootstraps.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

In "what the fuck is wrong with the world" news: actual Murderer "Marine A" Alexander Blackman has his conviction for cold-blooded execution of an unconscious and unarmed man on video downgraded to manslaughter because he found combat stressful:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...er-conviction/

Paging Cullnerd and Lark to tell me how its not murder to execute people with brown skin if you are feeling homesick and dont like being shot at.
    It all smells a bit political to me.