hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 647 of 953 FirstFirst ... 147547597637644645646647648649650657697747 ... LastLast
Results 12,921 to 12,940 of 19057

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

  1. #12921
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,078
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    Nope, you wanted to make some retarded point that broth is soup, realized to late that broth only is referred to as soup in austria and not in germany or in fact in german itself and now you are backpaddeling hardcore. But vOv.
    Actually not, that was only an intermediate point regarding your original "point" regarding the meat, but you might get there still

    And you are actually not even correct about the broth thing ^^ Hell, you're even wrong (semantics!) about the german term "Brühe". The wikipedia thing was actually in earnest as well as in jest because you could've realised your mistakes there. You just...don't get it

    edit: And to be clear, it would be easy for me to explain, but why should I? Your demeanour alone simply doesn't deserve it

    The word you're looking for when you're using Brühe in an exclusive sense is, in culinary terms, Fond. Btw.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; February 16 2017 at 01:02:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  2. #12922
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,252
    How the fuck has nobody dubbed him Wolf Cringeraven yet?

    Why am I the first person to think of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  3. #12923
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    Nope, you wanted to make some retarded point that broth is soup, realized to late that broth only is referred to as soup in austria and not in germany or in fact in german itself and now you are backpaddeling hardcore. But vOv.
    Actually not, that was only an intermediate point regarding your original "point" regarding the meat, but you might get there still

    And you are actually not even correct about the broth thing ^^ Hell, you're even wrong (semantics!) about the german term "Brühe". The wikipedia thing was actually in earnest as well as in jest because you could've realised your mistakes there. You just...don't get it

    edit: And to be clear, it would be easy for me to explain, but why should I? Your demeanour alone simply doesn't deserve it

    The word you're looking for when you're using Brühe in an exclusive sense is, in culinary terms, Fond. Btw.
    Yeah, yeah, "i could but i dont want to".
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  4. #12924
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,252
    Wolf mate, maybe you should apply your cooking method to your posting.

    Post like you roast, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  5. #12925
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,169
    And here I've spent my whole life trying to figure out how to get more meat into a dish without devolving to bacon wrapping degeneracy.
    meh

  6. #12926

  7. #12927
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    The rise of the alt-white.
    meh

  8. #12928
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    12,878
    Guys, don't derail this now. This thread is about food!

    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    bbq's in the uk consist of;

    5) burning dead animals, serving them on bread (which there is always farrr too much of) and issuing the dead burnt animals with a cheese slice and whatever sauce is around
    The fuck are you guys doing with your food?
    nevar forget

  9. #12929
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Guys, don't derail this now. This thread is about food!

    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    bbq's in the uk consist of;

    5) burning dead animals, serving them on bread (which there is always farrr too much of) and issuing the dead burnt animals with a cheese slice and whatever sauce is around
    The fuck are you guys doing with your food?
    It's the true secret as to why there have been so few foreign invasions of the British Isles - the terrible food keeps them away far more effectively than the channel.

  10. #12930
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Delish. Follow it up with a non-alcoholic beer while you're at it.
    Nah he's more of a Red Bull Connoisseur~

    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with soup.


    Just a quick control question, Wolf: What is Suppenfleisch commonly used for?
    Making broth usually. Its still the name for a sort of meat, independent of what its used for i.e :

    or

    And just to be clear, this is representative of the meat you throw away after s bit of stewing?
    It's the same how Erdäpfelgulasch (Potatoe goulash) came to be:

    It was the year 1837, when Rolf Soupraven, a great-ancestor of our beloved forum mate had an amazing revelation: What if I just made a regular goulash, but took out all the meat once it's done, threw it away and put potatoes in there instead?
    my fucking sides
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  11. #12931
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Guys, don't derail this now. This thread is about food!

    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    bbq's in the uk consist of;

    5) burning dead animals, serving them on bread (which there is always farrr too much of) and issuing the dead burnt animals with a cheese slice and whatever sauce is around
    The fuck are you guys doing with your food?
    It's the true secret as to why there have been so few foreign invasions of the British Isles - the terrible food keeps them away far more effectively than the channel.
    U wot? We have the best food here.

  12. #12932
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    And here I've spent my whole life trying to figure out how to get more meat into a dish without devolving to bacon wrapping degeneracy.
    rouladen mate.

    bits of bacon, onion, and carrot wrapped around some delicious top round

  13. #12933
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,132
    Are people getting confused between stock, broth and soup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  14. #12934
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Are people getting confused between stock, broth and soup?
    which is the one where you throw all the food in the bin afterwards?

  15. #12935
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    20,857
    That's Crendwroth
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  16. #12936
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,637
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Not saying thats the only way to make a broth, but its what that meat usually is used (and sold) for.
    Dude you could have settled this ages ago by linking to a classic soup recipe that clearly says to throw away the soupenflesch meat but leave in the vegetables and all the other matter.

    You posted a picture of seived broth (used because it can be stored a long time and then used as the basis of other dishes), which isnt what you were describing as a "vegetable soup" earlier.
    Last edited by Lallante; February 16 2017 at 09:26:32 AM.

  17. #12937
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,637
    BLM is basically self-destructing under the weight of its own self-righteousness now.

    I still think they have a point as a movement, but their leaders have let their social power go to their heads.

  18. #12938
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Lallante in confusing second post drama.

  19. #12939

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    BLM is basically self-destructing under the weight of its own self-righteousness now.

    I still think they have a point as a movement, but their leaders have let their social power go to their heads.
    Their original point was absolutely valid, but they are very close to going full retard now.

  20. #12940
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,197
    Broth lives matter? I'm confused

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •