hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 565 of 657 FirstFirst ... 65465515555562563564565566567568575615 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 13121

Thread: Political Correctness Stories

"Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Gender is another word for sex.

There you go, easy.
    I don't know your posting style yet so I cannot tell if your comment is literal or sarcastic. I will say that for myself, youself and the majority of society it is easy. Our biological sex matches our psychological gender and that is that.

I know people however for whom it is not easy. I am not prepared to label them as "insane" or some other label that gives us the luxury of categorizing them as not human.

While I do acknowledge their self-perception on the topic of gender, it does not necessarily follow that I accept the solution at which some of them arrive.

I have met a few people who would fit into the "special snowflake" stereotype. Like every one else I meet I listen very intently. My conclusion is that they are trying to establish an identity (most of them are young). However distasteful they may find the idea, they are faced with the fact that they must negotiate rather than dictate the terms on which they are accepted by society.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BrynRedbeard View Post

There you go, easy.
    I don't know your posting style yet so I cannot tell if your comment is literal or sarcastic. I will say that for myself, youself and the majority of society it is easy. Our biological sex matches our psychological gender and that is that.

I know people however for whom it is not easy. I am not prepared to label them as "insane" or some other label that gives us the luxury of categorizing them as not human.

While I do acknowledge their self-perception on the topic of gender, it does not necessarily follow that I accept the solution at which some of them arrive.

I have met a few people who would fit into the "special snowflake" stereotype. Like every one else I meet I listen very intently. My conclusion is that they are trying to establish an identity (most of them are young). However distasteful they may find the idea, they are faced with the fact that they must negotiate rather than dictate the terms on which they are accepted by society.

Cheers
    i like this new poster

he makes posts with effort

a+

There you go, easy.

Cheers
    Why would you jump right to "characterizing them as not human"? Seems extreme.

How about we start with "possessing a psychological and/or physiological/hormonal gender discrepancy dysfunction" and then look at what the best treatment for that dysfunction is.

None of our business anyway, their healthcare decisions should be between them and their doctors. They should be no more abused or mistreated or judged than a victim of any other health malady.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    but spectrums
    It's binary. You either have a Y chromosome or you don't.

Or multiple

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Or multiple
    Only in Alien3

There you go, easy.
    but "i like to have gender with that girl" doesn't sound right ... at all.

Gender isn't a real word

Quote Originally Posted by Kransthow View Post

Gender isn't a real word
    Anime isn't real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kransthow View Post

Gender isn't a real word
    Anime isn't real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I was expecting the britney spears one now I'm disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Anime isn't real world.

YAMERO

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    tldr
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    tldr

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Agreeing with w0lf.
    XENOSISRAPER FAN CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    tldr
    Some people are confused about gender and are identifying themselves as something altogether outside of the realm of gender but labeling it as something within that realm which is confusing the matter even further.

Person A: "Hello I feel xyz my gender is therefore xyz"
    Person B: "I dont think the falls within the realms of gender, you are a human with xyz feelings of course but that is something outside of this discussion"
    Person A: "Now I'm even more confused and potentially upset"
    Person B: "I am now afraid I have offended you and am potentially intolerant"
    Confused, even though they learned about it in science class at school.
    I'm not sure what schooling is like elsewhere and I assume it would be better than Irish teachings on the matter but my education into the sexes was pretty much entirely of a physical and mechanical basis, nothing about what genders are, just about biological sexes. Maybe it's for the better they leave it so vague I suppose but responsibility for explaining gender should probably lie with the parents

There you go, easy.
    Ur a fucking mongloid tbh, easy.

t. anime pro

cage raised mongo in Internet controversy

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Biological male dominates women’s cycling event in historic first

A biological male who identifies as female has won a major women’s race in the US in what is believed to be a first for cycling.

Jillian Bearden was born a male but identifies as a transgender woman and has not had sex reassignment surgery.

However, while still a biological man she was able to take part in the event under new rules ushered in by an International Olympic Council decision.

Bearden took victory in the 106-mile El Tour de Tucson in Arizona at the weekend in a time of 4hrs 36mins, some 25mins behind the men’s winner; Mexican Olympic cyclist Hugo Rangel.

“It’s absolutely huge,” history-maker Bearden (36) told local reporters.

“We’re at a moment of time where not only do we have to come out but we have to be positive.

“We have to come together in solidarity and move this country in a direction that is accepting of all.”

Bearden is from Colorado and has to been to the fore in gender inclusion in US cycling.

She recently founded Transnational Women’s Cycling Team, the world’s first transgender cycling group.

She said she was hopeful her winning the women’s race would spur on other transgender athletes.

She beat rival Anna Sparks by just one second, with those two riders dominating the women’s race and coming home 22 minutes ahead of 3rd placed rider Suzanne Sonye.

Earlier this year the IOC said transgender athletes in all sports should be permitted by national federations to compete in the Olympics and international events without undergoing sex reassignment surgery.

It said in January it had made the decision to reflect the shift in societal and legal attitudes towards transgender people.

Those transgender athletes born as female but who identify as male should be allowed, according to the IOC guidelines, to compete in men’s events without any restriction.

And those transgender athletes born as male but who identify as female should be allowed to compete in women’s events as long as they take steps to maintain their testosterone below a cut-off point.

The IOC’s guidelines are recommendations to national governing bodies and sports governing bodies rather than rules that must be accepted.

The IOC said the male-to-female athletes should be able to show their testosterone levels were below the cut off point for a full year before the event they want to take part in.

Previously, under IOC guidelines published in 2003, transgender athletes were required to undergo reassignment surgery before they could switch to competing in the gender they identified as but not born as.

“It is necessary to ensure insofar as possible that trans athletes are not excluded from the opportunity to participate in sporting competition,” the IOC said in its new guidelines published earlier this year.

“The overriding sporting objective is and remains the guarantee of fair competition,” it added.

“To require surgical anatomical changes as a precondition to participation is not necessary to preserve fair competition and may be inconsistent with developing legislation and notions of human rights.”
    Really makes you think...

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Why would you jump right to "characterizing them as not human"? Seems extreme.
    Well that was a bit hyperbolic. The point being that it is common for people to be labeled as a stereotype and then not treated as an individual with needs, motives, and other properties that we commonly address in a person with whom we are personally acquainted.

"Oh, They're just insane. What can you expect. "

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    How about we start with "possessing a psychological and/or physiological/hormonal gender discrepancy dysfunction" and then look at what the best treatment for that dysfunction is.
    So if we look at society's treatment of homosexuality for centuries it was treated as a moral failing, then in the 20th century it was treated as a disease and nowadays it is a more or less acceptable lifestyle.

I think that we can learn from that situation and at least start from the point that not all transgendered persons need to be fixed. Realizing that when a person is trying to work out a psychological aspect like their identity and that they are part of a subset that does not have much support in society that they may need some help.

What I would prefer is that we spend some time scientifically studying transgendered persons. To determine when support is necessary and when intervention is necessary.

Cheers

I think that we can learn from that situation and at least start from the point that not all transgendered persons need to be fixed. Realizing that when a person is trying to work out a psychological aspect like their identity and that they are part of a subset that does not have much support in society that they may need some help.

What I would prefer is that we spend some time scientifically studying transgendered persons. To determine when support is necessary and when intervention is necessary.
    Unfortunately, this position is apparently indistinguishable by some from transphobia; how dare you attempt to "police" people' transitions you bigot!
    Last edited by Steph; January 7 2017 at 07:33:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal