hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 780 of 891 FirstFirst ... 280680730770777778779780781782783790830880 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 17813

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

  1. #15581
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    How many of them are 'I've never watched Dr Who but..." followed by how outraged they've arbitrarily decided to be?
    calls to close the BBC and so forth actually, it's the daily heil, what did you expect ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  2. #15582
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    8.5k comments.

    Jesus christ.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!


  3. #15583
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    845
    It's not even like a female Time Lord hasn't already happened in the show, there's no reason to be mad other than "fuck females REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

  4. #15584
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    9,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    How many of them are 'I've never watched Dr Who but..." followed by how outraged they've arbitrarily decided to be?
    I've watched Dr. Who and I don't see how a woman could make it any worse than it already is.

  5. #15585
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The least shocking thing anybody on these forums has posted is Rak admitting he dismisses arguments and expertise that disagrees with him as 'academic arrogance'.
    Pretty sure the word used was 'intellectual arrogance', not 'academic arrogance'.

    E.g. the state of having intelligence, but not wisdom.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  6. #15586
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,027
    Best comment I've found so far:

    "It's DR Who, not NURSE Who"

    I can only hope its satire.

  7. #15587
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The least shocking thing anybody on these forums has posted is Rak admitting he dismisses arguments and expertise that disagrees with him as 'academic arrogance'.
    Pretty sure the word used was 'intellectual arrogance', not 'academic arrogance'.

    E.g. the state of having intelligence, but not wisdom.
    Fine I've updated my post.

    The point still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  8. #15588
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Fine I've updated my post.

    The point still stands.
    Yes, the point still stands that intelligence and wisdom are not necessarily the same thing.

    And from what I can see it was you that dismissed the value of wisdom in the form of Jordan's views on truth, as opposed to Harris' views on truth. It should be obvious that only the truly arrogant would claim they know the one correct or most suitable definition of truth.

    Just because I know how to do first-order logic, it does not mean I possess the ability to come to universal truths. Which was very much Jordan's point, and where Harris fell apart, unable to move the discussion forward. The former tries to find truth that is practical, the latter tries to find truth that is entirely abstract.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  9. #15589
    THE PUNISHED
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fuck UngoodTuesdays
    Posts
    10,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    8.5k comments.

    Jesus christ.
    I bet they're all supportive, too.

    *checks*



    Um, no it's an alien.



    Anyway I see The Daily Mail is up to it's usual self.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...matically.html

    Victory for the Mail! Children WILL be protected from online porn after Cameron orders automatic block on sites



    And on the doctor who page they have nudies of the new actor.
    Last edited by Ralara; July 17 2017 at 02:03:33 PM.

  10. #15590
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,535
    Both Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson are retarded and have incredibly limited value in any discussion about pretty much anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  11. #15591
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    8.5k comments.

    Jesus christ.
    I bet they're all supportive, too.
    Quite a few mention cultural marxism. Pseudo intellectualism on MY Daily Mail comments section?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #15592
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Both Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson are retarded and have incredibly limited value in any discussion about pretty much anything.
    This is truly day on FHC.

  13. #15593
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,535
    Okay, if you want to talk about psychedelics then Sam Harris probably has something useful to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  14. #15594
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,182
    Normally I'm not a fan of "gender swap an existing character because muh equality", but even I have to admit that Doctor Who is perhaps the one time you can get away with it and still maintain an internally consistent character.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  15. #15595
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Normally I'm not a fan of "gender swap an existing character because muh equality", but even I have to admit that Doctor Who is perhaps the one time you can get away with it and still maintain an internally consistent character.


    What does changing a characters gender have to do with "muh equality"

  16. #15596
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    What does changing a characters gender have to do with "muh equality"
    What indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  17. #15597
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    What does changing a characters gender have to do with "muh equality"
    What indeed.
    Is it actually about ethics in actor casting now?

  18. #15598
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    8.5k comments.

    Jesus christ.
    I bet they're all supportive, too.
    Quite a few mention cultural marxism. Pseudo intellectualism on MY Daily Mail comments section?!
    They're all clued up on Marxism on the Heil and Torygraph comments now. They're terrified that famed Marxist Jeremy Corbyn will soon be sending them all to gulag.



  19. #15599
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

    They're all clued up on Marxism on the Heil and Torygraph comments now. They're terrified that famed Marxist Jeremy Corbyn will soon be sending them all to gulag.
    Goddamn Marx and his manifesto give aways to the university attending middle classes! Labour would've never thought up that policy on their own!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  20. #15600
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,892
    It's not a giveaway m8, university fees cost the state more than just paying for it upfront.



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •