hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 779 of 796 FirstFirst ... 279679729769776777778779780781782789 ... LastLast
Results 15,561 to 15,580 of 15915

Thread: Political Correctness Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Always amusing how the only ones constantly talking about this shit are you lot.
    What do you mean by "you lot"? Prolific shitposters? Users with fewer than six letters in their names? Canadians?
    Useful idiots who think something as trivial as ethics in video game journalism matters in the face of systemic class violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Always amusing how the only ones constantly talking about this shit are you lot.
    What do you mean by "you lot"? Prolific shitposters? Users with fewer than six letters in their names? Canadians?
    Useful idiots who think something as trivial as ethics in video game journalism matters in the face of systemic class violence.
    MFW an advocate of violent revolution to support an ideology that doesn't work in the real world, calls someone else a useful idiot.

That was terribly low effort bait.

Can we go back to hearing from people who think Jordan Peterson is anything other than a paranoid fantasist and unironically see Joe Rogan as an intellectual heavy weight?
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    MFW an advocate of violent revolution to support an ideology that doesn't work in the real world, calls someone else a useful idiot.
    He's not wrong, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    He's not wrong, though.
    People went to the gulags over trivial shit.

People today have their lives ruined over trivial shit.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

When the man in front falls, the man behind will pick up his shitposts and advance

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    When the man in front falls, the man behind will pick up his shitposts and advance
    I know you're secretly checking my posts~~~

Also, clock boy tries to sue Ben Shapiro and loses, has to pay fees;

(((Shapiro)))

That was terribly low effort bait.

Can we go back to hearing from people who think Jordan Peterson is anything other than a paranoid fantasist and unironically see Joe Rogan as an intellectual heavy weight?
    I'll give you the first but the second it a bridge too far even for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

How does Jordan Peterson think post-modernists are somehow creating a meta-narrative, does he say it because he doesn't know what post modernism is or does he just hope his reactionary audience don't know what it is?

I wouldn't wipe my ass with pages torn from a postmodernist philosophy book.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Me neither.

But knowing what post modernism is I also wouldn't claim it is trying to craft a meta narrative to destroy western civilization using blue haired college lesbians.

So Peterson is either an idiot, or creates content pandering to other idiots because he likes his spot in the limelight. And since he is a college professor I can't imaging he's a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Me neither.

But knowing what post modernism is I also wouldn't claim it is trying to craft a meta narrative to destroy western civilization using blue haired college lesbians.

So Peterson is either an idiot, or creates content pandering to other idiots because he likes his spot in the limelight. And since he is a college professor I can't imaging he's a complete idiot.
    If you actually listen to his lectures on the subject he clearly explains not only what post modernism is, but also the core principle underlying it. The idea that there are an infinite number of ways something can be interpreted, and that while a valid discovery it isn't fit for the use it now is being applied since any creature or AI needs to narrow the number of interpretations to something managable and useful in order to be able to act in the world.

Also he clearly delineates how we got from marxism to post-modernism to blue haired college lesbians out to destroy western civilization.

Deny yourself his lectures and you will remain less.

His biblical series being the one thing that has completely changed my view of religion.
    Last edited by Rakshasa The Cat; July 16 2017 at 10:52:36 PM.

It actually explains a lot if Jordan Peterson of all people has changed your viewpoint on anything.

Inb4 "he debated Sam Harris!!" lmao

Inb4 "he debated Sam Harris!!" lmao
    He debated Sam Harris once.

He has done a podcast with Sam Harris twice.

BTW that is exactly the kind of intellectual arrogance that thanks to him I've managed to discard.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

I don't understand.... Haven't you guys been expecting a woman doctor for the past three doctors? Or is it required to act angry whenever a new doctor is picked?

The least shocking thing anybody on these forums has posted is Rak admitting he dismisses arguments and expertise that disagrees with him as 'intellectual arrogance'.
    Last edited by Keckers; July 17 2017 at 01:18:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    How many of them are 'I've never watched Dr Who but..." followed by how outraged they've arbitrarily decided to be?