hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 778 of 891 FirstFirst ... 278678728768775776777778779780781788828878 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,560 of 17811

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I mean I dont think people should refuse either, but theres a difference between a sexuality and an opinion
    I mean I don't think people who were born into the confederacy had any choice to change either.
    They actualy had. They weren't forced to directly or indirectly profit from the South's particular economic system nor were they forced to support that system by joining the CSA in large numbers. Yet they did. Not because they were forced by any external agents but because they supported that system and the South's cause.

Of course one has to wonder what you were thinking when you compared being gay to supporting slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    Of course one has to wonder what you were thinking when you compared being gay to supporting slavery.
    Yeah thanks for that entirely unwelcome insight
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Pretty sure I've seen a few movies about soldiers from the confederacy trying to defect and getting executed and such.

Ah... oh... I forgot... every white guy in the south of the United States at that time owned slaves (lol) and they could afford to move to the north if they didn't agree with slavery (trololol).
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Pretty sure I've seen a few movies about soldiers from the confederacy trying to defect and getting executed and such.

Ah... oh... I forgot... every white guy in the south of the United States at that time owned slaves (lol) and they could afford to move to the north if they didn't agree with slavery (trololol).
    Your trololol is unwarranted and ignorant.

The CSA was primarily composed of volunteers. So in order to get into trouble for trying to defect as a CSA soldier one usualy had at first to join voluntarily at which point trying to defect had more or less the same consequences in all 19th century armies.
    Second, while far from every white man owned slaves or was part of a slave owning family the South's nature as a slave based economy means that indeed most white men, even if they weren't slavers, profited (or perhaps rather believed to profit?, the discussion about the economic effects of slavery on the poor whites is afaik not yet finished ) from the wealth or even merely the social order created by southern slavery, if not directly then indirectly.
    This does not mean that there weren't serious conflicts of interest between poor, nonslaveholding whites and the slaver aristocracy but for several reasons the later managed to convince the former into ultimately shedding their blood for the cause of slavery.

CSA soldiers fought because they thought emancipation would destroy the South's economy and way of life. Abolitionists didn't help things by typically being from the north's industrial elite, so to the south it probably looked like a concerted effort to subjugate them.

true slavery based economy has never been tried anyway

I mean I dont think people should refuse either, but theres a difference between a sexuality and an opinion
    I see you're such a right winger that you think sexuality is somehow related to biology and not completely self defined. You misogynistic patriarchal pig. I bet you wouldn't even have sex with a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    I see you're such a right winger that you think sexuality is somehow related to biology and not completely self defined. You misogynistic patriarchal pig. I bet you wouldn't even have sex with a man.
    Did you just assume Lal's gender and/or sexual orientation?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Always amusing how the only ones constantly talking about this shit are you lot.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Always amusing how the only ones constantly talking about this shit are you lot.
    Nice to see you've never turned on the toxic waste that is the news, the same way you can't read my posts.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Professionally angry all the time

Is Isy really angry?

Seems like a chill dude, just likes to take the piss. I can feel it in my loins.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Is Isy really angry?

Seems like a chill dude, just likes to take the piss. I can feel it in my loins.
    I post like I'm angry but really I can barely manage to give a fuck about anything. Including how I'm perceived by this forum. :P

Also I cant help but think he meant the other dudes.

What do you mean by "you lot"? Prolific shitposters? Users with fewer than six letters in their names? Canadians?

What do you mean by "you lot"? Prolific shitposters? Users with fewer than six letters in their names? Canadians?
    Aliens.

Aliens.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

Your trololol is unwarranted and ignorant.

The CSA was primarily composed of volunteers. So in order to get into trouble for trying to defect as a CSA soldier one usualy had at first to join voluntarily at which point trying to defect had more or less the same consequences in all 19th century armies.
    Second, while far from every white man owned slaves or was part of a slave owning family the South's nature as a slave based economy means that indeed most white men, even if they weren't slavers, profited (or perhaps rather believed to profit?, the discussion about the economic effects of slavery on the poor whites is afaik not yet finished ) from the wealth or even merely the social order created by southern slavery, if not directly then indirectly.
    This does not mean that there weren't serious conflicts of interest between poor, nonslaveholding whites and the slaver aristocracy but for several reasons the later managed to convince the former into ultimately shedding their blood for the cause of slavery.
    @Wolf: well i know you said 2 but i really wanted to be in trouble.

Did you just assume Lal's gender and/or sexual orientation?
    Yeah but I've revoked the left so I'm allowed to do such awful things.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

I used to be like you.

Wow, just wow.