hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 776 of 891 FirstFirst ... 276676726766773774775776777778779786826876 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,520 of 17813

Thread: Political Shots Fired Thread

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/18437/...-hank-berrien#

Mizzou failing even harder.

Funniest thing is that the drop in enrollment is highest amongst the blacks, a 40% drop.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Q: Why is mexican food cultural appropriation?

A:
      Spoiler:
    Because it is nacho cheese.
    Not gonna lie, i sniggered a bit. So bad, i applaud you.

Really makes you think...
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

It does.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

It does.
    Surely the free market enables the consumer to take his custom elsewhere if xe's refused service? There is no law saying that gay's can't have wedding cakes. There is no multinational monopoly wedding cake bakery out there refusing to sell gays wedding cakes.

I think in pretty much all of these cases the refusal to provide service hasn't been because the customers were fudge packers but because of some objection to the message or content on the cake. There was also the case of a couple who owned a Bed and Breakfast who got absolutely hounded because they wouldn't let an unmarried gay couple share a room, despite that being their policy for hetero couples too. How many of these people crusading for baking equality have visited muslim owned bakeries I wonder?
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

It does.
    The hero has two hands, he should have no issue pushing both buttons at the same time.

Biased Algorithms Are Everywhere, and No One Seems to Care
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...seems-to-care/

This is a rather fun one.

Reminds me a bit of a WWII story about a bunch of British airforce bigwigs visiting an eminent math professor for a problem they had; they were losing a lot of bombers, and many that managed to get back home with a lot of damage. Based on the damage done to the returning bombers, could he figure out some kind of way to prioritize the amount of reinforcement that would be needed in what often-damaged sections?

The math professor laughed, and said they were looking at the whole thing the wrong way.

Reinforce the parts that are undamaged, not the ones that while damaged still allowed the planes to return safely.

It does.
    Surely the free market enables the consumer to take his custom elsewhere if xe's refused service? There is no law saying that gay's can't have wedding cakes. There is no multinational monopoly wedding cake bakery out there refusing to sell gays wedding cakes.

I think in pretty much all of these cases the refusal to provide service hasn't been because the customers were fudge packers but because of some objection to the message or content on the cake. There was also the case of a couple who owned a Bed and Breakfast who got absolutely hounded because they wouldn't let an unmarried gay couple share a room, despite that being their policy for hetero couples too. How many of these people crusading for baking equality have visited muslim owned bakeries I wonder?
    If you participate in the free market as a vendor you don't get to pick and choose customers based on your feelings. This is the equivalent of those retarded carebears in eve who wanted to be able to limit market orders based on standings.

I mean, if you want to not serve gays, then by all means advertise as a Christian business, for christians, or whatever, but these people didn't do that. They advertised themselves as a business open to all custom and then want to pick and choose. Not how it works.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; July 13 2017 at 07:20:29 PM.
    meh

Surely the free market enables the consumer to take his custom elsewhere if xe's refused service?
    I don't know, does it?

I assume you're not quite the dunce you pretend to be that thinks this is only about cake, right?

eg: How about you live in a rural area and the only car servicing place within 30 miles doesn't serve white cis-het scum like you? What are you gonna do? Push your car 30 miles to get fixed?

K you Randed your bootstraps and pushed your car 30 miles. Go you. Shame it took 2 days and now you're fired. And no local lawyer wants to work for "people like you" so the local small business you work for didn't even pay you the money they owed.

And the bank manager thinks you shouldn't be allowed anywhere there's children, so fuck you, pay the mortgage or get out of the bank's house

Wow, life is tough when you're a mild-mannered white dude with a wife and kid trying to get by and not forcing your ideologies on anyone else, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

If you participate in the free market as a vendor you don't get to pick and choose customers based on your feelings. This is the equivalent of those retarded carebears in eve who wanted to be able to limit market orders based on standings.

I mean, if you want to not serve gays, then by all means advertise as a Christian business, for christians, or whatever, but these people didn't do that. They advertised themselves as a business open to all custom and then want to pick and choose. Not how it works.
    Probably because they didn't feel the need to advertise themselves as such because they didn't expect a bunch of poofters to come in causing trouble by wanting a poofter cake (in the only part of the UK where gay marriage is still banned)! Again, these people weren't served because they were gay, they weren't served because of what they wanted put on the cake. I'm quite sure if you went to a Muslim owned (but not specifically advertised as such) bakery and asked for a cake with a picture of two guys kissing or Muhammad on it you'd get shown the door and nothing more would be said. I'm quite sure if you went to any bakery and asked for a Hitler cake you'd get turned away (or do all bakeries have to advertise themselves as antifa bakeries now).
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

"There''s no realistic chance of me ever being effectively discriminated against so I just can't understand why we need any kind of protection from discrimination"

"I voted leave because the EU was discriminating against BRITAIN"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I've never seen a specific Muslim bakery but everyone should be allowed to get a Stalin cake regardless of what sky fairy the Baker is into.

What if a gay couple asked you to bake them a wedding cake bearing the confederate flag?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Surely the free market enables the consumer to take his custom elsewhere if xe's refused service?
    I don't know, does it?

I assume you're not quite the dunce you pretend to be that thinks this is only about cake, right?

eg: How about you live in a rural area and the only car servicing place within 30 miles doesn't serve white cis-het scum like you? What are you gonna do? Push your car 30 miles to get fixed?

K you Randed your bootstraps and pushed your car 30 miles. Go you. Shame it took 2 days and now you're fired. And no local lawyer wants to work for "people like you" so the local small business you work for didn't even pay you the money they owed.

And the bank manager thinks you shouldn't be allowed anywhere there's children, so fuck you, pay the mortgage or get out of the bank's house

Wow, life is tough when you're a mild-mannered white dude with a wife and kid trying to get by and not forcing your ideologies on anyone else, isn't it?

Wow, it's almost as if your argument is a big nothing burger. A better analogy would be me turning up at the only spray painting shop in 30 miles, owned by a radical christian pastor and asking for this to be done to my chipped and rusty car:

Instead he just offers me a plain respray.

Nobody was refused a cake, a car part or a room for the night.
    The customer just wasn't 'right' in some cases.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    "There''s no realistic chance of me ever being effectively discriminated against so I just can't understand why we need any kind of protection from discrimination"

"I voted leave because the EU was discriminating against BRITAIN"
    Difference between offering a commodity or neutral service, and that of creating something unique that also goes against your beliefs.

They aren't being prevented from going to a store and buying a generic cake, they arr trying to force someone to make a specific cake. The car service analogy fails as the service provided is generic.

That is, unless the car is the samr one Hitler used and the mechanic's grandfather died in a concentration camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    What if a gay couple asked you to bake them a wedding cake bearing the confederate flag?
    Sure.

But I'm shit at decorating cakes.

But is it still OK to order swastika bagels at the jewish deli?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Larkonis sure going full out on this huh.

Yawn.

wassat lassie, precious snowflakes being precious and snowflakes?

would send to gulag/10

they can moan and bitch til the world ends or they can go and get their stupid cake elsewhere

i think we know what they chose

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

A:
      Spoiler:
    That's... clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

A:
      Spoiler:
    That's... clever.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.