PDA

View Full Version : War Thunder - Attack of the P-40 G-AY Hawk

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

metacannibal
December 15 2012, 06:13:47 PM
warthunder.com

You have created a new Squadron: Failheap Challenge

currently daily FHC "squads". come come!

type /join #fhc to get in the chat room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI3Ps53bLA8

EDIT: Techtrees

http://warthunder.ru/upload/image/TREES/uk_planes.png

http://warthunder.ru/upload/image/TREES/usa_planes_eng.png

http://warthunder.com/upload/image/TREES/ussr_fighters.png

http://warthunder.ru/upload/image/TREES/luftwaffe_eng.png

Dirk Magnum
December 15 2012, 08:20:13 PM
Currently torrenting.

Tordin Varglund
December 15 2012, 08:38:55 PM
This game is great. Its what WoWP should have been.

Graphics are really nice, and the game responds and feels good in every way.
Gameplay is solid, there is some nice feedback and it incorporates a lot of interesting planes to fly.

Lief Siddhe
December 15 2012, 10:30:04 PM
I only want to pwn in a P-40

edit: and a Beaufighter, Skyraider, A-20 and P-38, and they're all in the game. Awesomes!

DaDutchDude
December 15 2012, 10:47:02 PM
I can't find any minimal system reqs for it. Any idea of this will run on a real old system?

dzajic
December 15 2012, 11:51:24 PM
Talk to me, how is it?

Grind/progression compared to WoWP?
More arcadey or more simy?

Tordin Varglund
December 16 2012, 02:52:18 AM
The grind does not appear very hard. You have the German, Japanese, Russian, American and British trees in atm and they all contain several different types of aircraft from fighters to bombers etc. Progression is done though a "rank" system, where any XP gained applies to every single line in a nations tree. Currently id guess i have around 5-6 hours in, flying mostly british (spitfire, fuck yeah) and im halfway into Rank 8, which is around the area where progress starts to slow a bit. The top jet planes usually come around rank 15 or similar. This is with premium though (Which is fucking cheap, everything premium in this game is cheap. Rank 11 Mk1 Mustang for fuckall cash? yes please).

Most prem services are fairly cheap, but there are loads of them. Including one to give your planes premium status, providing more XP etc.

As for arcade/sim aspect, its not a sim. Not even close. Its arcade all the way, but its done really well. It feels genuinely rewarding and real life techniques work due to the relatively low powered nature of these planes which means energy retention, turn rates etc are all important aspects taken into account by different types of aircraft.

metacannibal
December 16 2012, 09:01:21 AM
Talk to me, how is it?

Grind/progression compared to WoWP?
More arcadey or more simy?

Engine wise etc it feels ALOT more polished than even WoT. Interestingly they have an ARMY AIR and FLEET tab on the bottom, only the AIR tab is active right now but the FLEET is already being teased. These two parts, planes and ships, i am very convinced that they will do them 100 times better than Wargaming. As for the tanks part, we already have that so these guys are doing a tremendous job.

The only things to keep in mind: fly with mouse and wasd, even if you have a joystick and make sure you get a basic understanding of leading targets.
Flying planes, especially in platoons, epic in this iteration.

Dirk Magnum
December 16 2012, 01:06:13 PM
Torrent didn't work and the autopatcher didn't work. Maybe better today.

metacannibal
December 16 2012, 01:08:19 PM
Torrent didn't work and the autopatcher didn't work. Maybe better today.

apparently yesterdays patch introduced a bug where launcher needs to run as admin but will not ask for this itself, so rightclick-> run as admin

Dirk Magnum
December 16 2012, 01:18:36 PM
Yup. Admin launch worked.

Al Simmons
December 16 2012, 02:04:18 PM
Has anyone got a link to a better torrent of this? Only getting like 300kb/s from the autopatcher.

Dirk Magnum
December 16 2012, 02:48:41 PM
Has anyone got a link to a better torrent of this? Only getting like 300kb/s from the autopatcher.
I didn't get much better with the torrent. The patcher sped up for me after awhile. I was getting ~300kb/s for the first third or so of the download, and now I'm getting 1mb/s.

Miep
December 16 2012, 04:50:58 PM
Tried, looks good but seems to have problems to decide if its an arcade game or a sim.

Its none of both it seems. To arcade for a sim, to sim for arcade.

Also dont even try without joystick, at least my opinion.

metacannibal
December 16 2012, 04:54:03 PM
Also dont even try without joystick, at least my opinion.

Really, mouse+wasd is where its at if you want to kill stuff.

Al Simmons
December 16 2012, 06:23:47 PM
Alright, i'm in. What's the best tree to go for? Gonna try the Spitfire line I guess. Thinking about it though, if going by historical accuracy, the Mig-15 is probably the best end-game fighter?

Spartan Dax
December 16 2012, 06:52:42 PM
You can just quit. The planes gets repped immediatly so you don't have to wait for the other battle to finish.

Now if I could just stop crashing. The planes that is. Client seems fine.

Tordin Varglund
December 16 2012, 07:11:51 PM
Alright, i'm in. What's the best tree to go for? Gonna try the Spitfire line I guess. Thinking about it though, if going by historical accuracy, the Mig-15 is probably the best end-game fighter?

All the british fighters are really solid so far.

Spitfire Mk2 is a rapetrain and i usually start out with it even though i have the Vb just so i can kill shit quick and not worry about losing my best fighter immediately. Hurricane II is also good. 12x guns makes up for their small caliber in a lot of ways. Even managed to down a MiG 9 late model with it :d

metacannibal
December 16 2012, 08:01:18 PM
post your ig names so we can add each other to friends for squad flying

Al Simmons
December 16 2012, 08:13:35 PM
ArchibaldRussell

Al Simmons
December 16 2012, 09:38:10 PM
Game is fucking impossible. I can't hold the plane steady enough to actually get fire on anyone, and any time someone gets on my tail, they shoot me to bits and I can't escape.

metacannibal
December 16 2012, 09:39:48 PM
Game is fucking impossible. I can't hold the plane steady enough to actually get fire on anyone, and any time someone gets on my tail, they shoot me to bits and I can't escape.

how do you fly it? with a mouse?

Tordin Varglund
December 16 2012, 09:42:07 PM
Use mouse aim. Ill make some dogfighting recording afterwards to show of how it works.

Al Simmons
December 17 2012, 03:47:59 PM
Well I switched to the simplified controls rather than the dummie mouse-only controls. I was pretty good at flying jets in BF2, this doesn't have that much more complexity than that really. I think the main problem i'm having is the noob fighters only shoot out to like 900 feet and all the enemies were hugging the terrain so it was really hard to get a bead on them without crashing or whatever.

I dunno if I have to lower my mouse DPI or something cos i've got all the sliders on like 2/10 and it's still twitchy as shit.

sokken
December 17 2012, 07:08:25 PM
I shot something down \o/

Is there a ingame channel?

edit: sokken ingame

metacannibal
December 17 2012, 07:56:07 PM
I shot something down \o/

Is there a ingame channel?

edit: sokken ingame

i just made one, type /join #shc to join

Mi Lai
December 17 2012, 08:06:24 PM
I flew one game, got 1 kill and 1 assist. Like the random battle where you expend all your planes in a row (I guess this will be tier limmited?). I found that it had a better feel then WOP. My only non-tutorial game was a night flight though, which I didnt like that much. Perhaps I need to up my gamma or so, but it's hard manouvring through the mountains, as the entire fight was at tree-top level.
Played with mouse, might give my joystick a trie, but it actually worked rather well with the mouse and keyboard when doing simple aircontrol stuff.

I also read about single player options, but so far I only saw the tutorials being SP. Am I missing something? Or do I need to buy a campaign for that? Also, do you earn xp from SP missions?
Also saw some things hinting at other stuff then flying (Land and naval combat). If they integrate that stuff, it might be a contender for WOT and WOWS as well. I believe some competition on this market will get us hopefully better games and featres regardless of which game will stick with me.

Ingame name is Kyril.

Torashuu
December 18 2012, 11:01:34 AM
So..much..better.. then WoWP. Holy crap.

helgur
December 19 2012, 11:53:30 AM
Which server are you guys on? (I am on the Russian server, somehow I defaulted to that), also how do you change servers?

metacannibal
December 19 2012, 12:56:14 PM
Which server are you guys on? (I am on the Russian server, somehow I defaulted to that), also how do you change servers?

Its all russian server atm. Even when other servers are in you are not affected since you just do the "battle" on different server, game etc progress stays all the same and is across all servers.
Also no wipe from this point on anymore.

metacannibal
December 19 2012, 03:04:27 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10041951/2012-12-19_1701.png

Spitfire ftw. That new Tier-12 Mk XVI works well but Mustang 1a premfag plane best ever and its Mk VC sibling also delivers. Quad 20mm >*

Tordin Varglund
December 20 2012, 02:03:12 AM
bitch please

http://onebit.us/x/i/uEB3sk2UzV.jpg

RazoR
December 20 2012, 05:39:55 AM
As for arcade/sim aspect, its not a sim. Not even close. Its arcade all the wayBicth you'll cry blood in realistic mode.

Flying historicals in Yak-9T mostly.
Actually rewarding instead of the clusterfuck that's going on in the arcade mode.

helgur
December 20 2012, 07:01:30 AM
Semi arcadish semi sim, it strikes a perfect balance imho

Tordin Varglund
December 20 2012, 09:04:03 AM
As for arcade/sim aspect, its not a sim. Not even close. Its arcade all the wayBicth you'll cry blood in realistic mode.

Actually rewarding instead of the clusterfuck that's going on in the arcade mode.

Having more or less mastered DCS: P-51D, i kinda doubt it

RazoR
December 20 2012, 09:10:29 AM

Having more or less mastered DCS: P-51D, i kinda doubt it
if this is "arcade all the way" then what is WoWp?

Only a stupid faggot would say there's no simulation. You are not one last i checked.

Tordin Varglund
December 20 2012, 09:11:37 AM
A piece of shit not even worth being called a game.

Torashuu
December 20 2012, 09:26:31 AM
if this is "arcade all the way" then what is WoWp?

http://youtu.be/-JFfN5pKzFU

Despite being arcady, Warthunder scratches my itch in so many ways. The ground troops moving and shooting back at me, no visible hitpoint system. If you've tried WoWP and didn't like it, but wanted too, try this for sure.

Hel OWeen
December 20 2012, 09:33:45 AM
also how do you change servers?

While you're in queue, click on the "RU" in the server line. A dropdown will appear with the remaining options ("All server", for the server part). That trick (click on setting -> dropdown appears), works elsewhere, too.

sokken
December 20 2012, 02:03:59 PM
Does anyone have experience with the later german planes, Bf 109 / Fw 190? Im asking becasue the italian fighters tier 1-4 and the He 112's have atrocious handling, even with decent on-paper stats. Ive tried the other nations too (except jap) and they feel much better, and dont fall into the ground on a hard turn.

RazoR
December 20 2012, 02:36:05 PM
You shut your whore mouth, MC 202 is awesome.

sokken
December 21 2012, 10:19:55 PM
Ok, its not as bad now that i have the engine upgrade and ~smooth upgrade.

But then the little pilot head dude on the plane bar went gold, then it disappeared.. what happened? Didnt find anything in the not-so-encyclopedia. Also, related, im just dumping skill points into g-force tolerance and stamina, good idea?

Tordin Varglund
December 22 2012, 02:29:12 AM
Fuck you worthless noobs...

http://onebit.us/x/i/YLWUXSsSFL.jpg

helgur
December 22 2012, 07:59:08 AM
Beginning to get the grips of this. Practicing some manouvers and getting better at it. It pays of being unpredictable in this game, as well as thinking ahead. Grinding American and Japanese trees as we speak.

Also this might turn out to be one of the #1 games for me this year. I can't remember the last time I was this hooked on a video game

Fluegelmonster
December 22 2012, 11:24:37 AM
Game requires skill and has potential for being awesome.

Approved.

McRoll
December 22 2012, 12:00:37 PM
Anybody knows how to deal with authorizaton error login message? I've tried to run as administrator and checked firewall settings. There is also no reply email with a confirmation link, just a regular one confirming that i've registered.

metacannibal
December 22 2012, 12:17:20 PM
I can't remember the last time I was this hooked on a video game

This.

RazoR
December 22 2012, 12:46:33 PM
But then the little pilot head dude on the plane bar went gold, then it disappeared.. what happened? Didnt find anything in the not-so-encyclopedia. Also, related, im just dumping skill points into g-force tolerance and stamina, good idea?Bomber crew? MAX EVERYTHING
Fighter crew? MAX EVERYTHING but gunners, those you can leave at 10 skill points purely for bumping up the crew level.
It is that easy.

Kilabi
December 22 2012, 01:18:04 PM
Grinding ze germans and the brits now.

Mostly in attack craft for the first wave and jumping into a fighter afterwards. But on tier 4 the germans only start to get fun.

Is there a guide somewhere how matchmaking works. Just joined a game with my tier 4 max germans and had an enemy Meteor F.3 in game. That is tier 18 or such bullshit. Was kind of annoying.

Also skills:
-Repair skills, Speed is for how long you have to stay on the Airfield before you get repped but does repair rank work in the air also? Never had a machine repair itself in the air with critical damage but I could imagine it works on those minor fault like fuel leaks. Still not sure.
-Reload works in the air?
-Visibility, Keen vision: effect?
-G-force: Does it only raise the bar on the black and red-outs or the real turning speed of the plane?

RazoR
December 22 2012, 03:59:35 PM
Matchmaking is nonexistant because plane tiers matter little. That meteor was probably useless most of the time.

Repairs only work on the ground, fuel leaks until a tank is empty or sealed. All planes have multiple fuel tanks, some are self-sealing.

Reload works in the air in arcade mode only. Spitfires get fucked in others.

Distance of putting markers to a human enemy. Irrelevant in arcade.

Yes, actual plane perfomance doesn't depend on crew skills.

helgur
December 22 2012, 04:26:23 PM
Just joined a game with my tier 4 max germans and had an enemy Meteor F.3 in game. That is tier 18 or such bullshit. Was kind of annoying.

It isn't so annoying once you manage to down one of those in your tier 4. Dat XP

Also skills:
-Repair skills, Speed is for how long you have to stay on the Airfield before you get repped but does repair rank work in the air also? Never had a machine repair itself in the air with critical damage but I could imagine it works on those minor fault like fuel leaks.

C. And repair time is incremental, although I am not sure how that works in practice. Ie if you repair, get damaged afterwards in the same plane, it takes 3x or so longer to repair. Happened to me in one occasion

-Reload works in the air?

C, but only in Arcade battle mode. Default to 'Y' on the keyboard to reload all guns

-Visibility, Keen vision: effect?
-G-force: Does it only raise the bar on the black and red-outs or the real turning speed of the plane?

I presume Visibility, Keen vision has to do how far you can spot the enemies, and how easy you can spot them if they are in cover (clouds etc).

No effect on the performance of the airplane I think, but correct me if I am wrong. Stamina is very important though, because if you have a "blackout" from pulling to many G's your pilot will loose things like accuracy when firing (in that game/battle you are playing. No global effect)

sokken
December 22 2012, 10:03:45 PM
Im terribru at this game.

http://onebit.us/x/u/sokken/zgl3KSFDAM.jpg

RazoR
December 22 2012, 10:55:34 PM
lookitdat premium la-5fn

Kilabi
December 23 2012, 12:53:29 AM
Ok just tested:

repair speed: How long the free repair after a battle takes if you deactivate the auto-repair option
repair rank: Which level the planes may have for "repair speed" to work.

My Hurricane Mk.II went from 4h52min down to 4h46min free-repair time with 1 point in speed.

sokken
December 23 2012, 01:56:18 AM
lookitdat premium la-5fn

That plane is the only reason im progressing up the levels at any reasonable rate. Its also fun to fly.

RazoR
December 23 2012, 05:46:42 AM
lookitdat premium la-5fnThat plane is the only reason im progressing up the levels at any reasonable rate. Its also fun to fly.It's still premium.

Although i want I-153P. Best maneuverability in the game and a fuckload of short-range firepower, it's meant for arcade mode.

sokken
December 23 2012, 05:27:35 PM
It'd be cool if the squad invite system, or even just chat, actually worked. I click on invites and nothing happens.

metacannibal
December 23 2012, 07:22:36 PM
lookitdat premium la-5fnThat plane is the only reason im progressing up the levels at any reasonable rate. Its also fun to fly.It's still premium.

Although i want I-153P. Best maneuverability in the game and a fuckload of short-range firepower, it's meant for arcade mode.

Hey Rzr can you post the beta patchnotes if you already have access to the forums?

Kilabi
December 23 2012, 09:57:21 PM
Just got my first airkill with the HE-A2G rockets. Bomber went straight down after 1 hit from my I-16 type 18, 4 MGs take ages to get any bomber down but with backup rockets it only takes seconds. ^^

RazoR
December 24 2012, 06:51:22 AM

Hey Rzr can you post the beta patchnotes if you already have access to the forums?There haven't been any patchnotes in the beta forum since OBT :iiam:
Just got my first airkill with the HE-A2G rockets. Bomber went straight down after 1 hit from my I-16 type 18, 4 MGs take ages to get any bomber down but with backup rockets it only takes seconds. ^^I strafe a bomber with 4 20mm cannons (Me-410), get downed by it's gunners. B-17 gave zero fucks.

rufuske
December 24 2012, 10:23:02 AM
Fuck you worthless noobs...

http://onebit.us/x/i/YLWUXSsSFL.jpg

What were you flying?

RazoR
December 24 2012, 01:24:10 PM
Spitfires, Typhoons and Tempests, obviously.

Also note that he died 7 times. Donor spotted.

Tordin Varglund
December 24 2012, 01:38:16 PM
German planes.

Also i have no issues with paying a bit for what is actually a pretty good game.

Kilabi
December 24 2012, 01:44:46 PM
German planes.

Also i have no issues with paying a bit for what is actually a pretty good game.

This, got myself the typhoon pack. With the bundle pricing it pays of to pay for them get the same amount of premium time and gold + a nice fighter every time.

Kind of stuck on tier 6 with the germans. Want to play some more but canīt stand the HE 112 and only the Mc.202 is kind of playable. I hope the BF.109s are awesome because right now I am starting to fall in love with the americunts. Amazing energyfighting capabilities and loads of .50 cal to make it worth my time.

metacannibal
December 24 2012, 03:17:25 PM
17 - 2

Not best round and crappy aiming with spitfire1(started with it casue i needed to finish an accomplishment) but pretty much shows how visiblity in low flight makes you less of a target and how staying between lines and cross strafing works.

p.s. i have no clue how to replay it

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10041951/%232012.12.24%2004.11.57.rar

RazoR
December 24 2012, 07:00:21 PM
loads of .50 cal to make it worth my time.HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Hel OWeen
December 24 2012, 07:24:47 PM
Anybody knows how to deal with authorizaton error login message? I've tried to run as administrator and checked firewall settings. There is also no reply email with a confirmation link, just a regular one confirming that i've registered.

That confused me badly. In case you're dealing with the same issue than I did: the password they sent me was *supersicritpassword*. So I copied the whole string including both asterisk. And got that authorization error. Tried it a couple of times both in the game and on the website, to no avail. Then it dawned on me and I tried just supersicritpassword, without the enclosing asteriks. That did the trick for me.

MadNick
December 24 2012, 07:50:21 PM
Fun game at t4 german shits atm. And how hell to shake off enemy from tail, because now t2 russian figher rape me. I must be more tank person then plane :cry:

RazoR
December 24 2012, 08:15:49 PM
Sorry bro, only way to shake off an I-153 is to eject.

Or, alternatively, just fly away.
Won't work with La-5 but oh well.

MadNick
December 24 2012, 08:35:46 PM
That things turns like stabed rat. Looks like in this game germans are bitches for everyone.

Kilabi
December 24 2012, 09:03:05 PM
Depending on what you are flying try not to outrun them but divebomb them.

Get up to 1.8-2k, accelerate to full in a straight line and watch the planes below, pick a target, dive in and try to finish him. Ever if you canīt kill him at once just pull up again and go back up as far as you can to prevent him from shooting back. Repeat.

metacannibal
December 24 2012, 09:49:41 PM
pr0tip:

/join #shc and play together so you can get that annoying i-153 off your back by buddying

rufuske
December 25 2012, 05:32:29 AM
pr0tip:

/join #shc and play together so you can get that annoying i-153 off your back by buddying

I did, channel was empty for whole day.

rufuske
December 25 2012, 09:15:36 AM
I love this game.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx_yzbbjeqdKTTVobE9ORjJEWlU - how did I survive that is beyond me :D

metacannibal
December 25 2012, 11:30:38 AM
pr0tip:

I did, channel was empty for whole day.

Maybe because it was xmas etc ;)

McRoll
December 25 2012, 01:29:37 PM
Finally managed to log in. Apparently logging in to this obscure Yuplay site and changing the password did the trick.

Game is awesome but I suck hard at it. Managed to get 4 kills in a line in the first game and after hat never more than one. How you can hit something with those magnified optics in the first russian biplanes is beyond me. Have to shoot blind in the general direction basically.

Are there any recommended russkie planes actually, or something that one should avoid? How does the matchmaker work, should one strive to get the higher tier planes or settle for a good plane in a specific tier, like in WoT?

Also, can you afford the higher tier planes without switchin to premium or are they too expensive to maintain?

RazoR
December 25 2012, 07:25:21 PM
La-5FN, La-7, Yak-9T and Yak-3 are nimble and accurate.
Late Yer-2 carry the biggest payloads in the game iirc, Tu-2 can take a pair of bombers down on his way back to base.
Il-2 and Il-10 are the best ground attack planes and you better not get into their grill either.

It's hard to point out bad planes.

Matchmaking doesn't work. It just throws everyone in the battle and then let you sort it out because there is no uniform HP system and action largely relies on crits.

Tordin Varglund
December 25 2012, 08:55:09 PM
Idk the exact name but im mostly flying the Me 410 that sports 2x 30mm and 2x 20mm cannons atm..

Brings down anything that isnt a bomber in literally no time at all, and bombers are significantly easier to down that with anything else i have used so far.

Mk 1 mustang (british prem plane) sports 4x 20mm and takes ages to down something like a B-17 while its relatively easy with the 30mm guns.

Downsides are obviously terrible handling in level flight and the controls more or less locking up over 500 kph, so it requires you to set up properly for an engagement. Positives are obviously the fact that anything that tried to fight you in a head on fight is usually dead on the first hit. Even won a fight against an Me 262 head on, although that was more due to him being bad but it demonstrates the immense firepower its able to lay down when any fighter in the game is dead in under a sec.

Tajidan
December 26 2012, 01:51:11 PM
finally got my first bf109 feels good, finally a plane that doesnt turn like a brick. fucking he112's, i enjoyed the last one but still terrible. now i have the problem of assholes just crashing into me -.-

and i've seen Kilabi in a match and got shot down a few times by his russianbias planes ;P
i'm a bit terrible at this but enjoying it greatly.

any tips for se germän warplens?

also the ui is terrible and i still havnt figured out the most things like best way to make money (groundtargets?) or how to determine good airtargets apart from the noob planes.

Kilabi
December 26 2012, 02:18:18 PM
Groundtargets are easy money. Tier 4 US catalina carries 4x 1000lb bombs. Go for pillboxes and groups of hvy or med tanks and enjoy the cash and XP.

Germans I canīt get to work right now. Enjoying russicandevbias planes and US.

metacannibal
December 26 2012, 02:30:59 PM
how to determine good airtargets apart from the noob planes.

Everything. You can kill a Mig-15 with a noobplane if the guy in the Mig-15 flies like Lulsulpher.

Tajidan
December 26 2012, 04:05:15 PM
wait... lulsulpher is playing warthunder?

metacannibal
December 26 2012, 04:14:00 PM

No, but hes the best way to describe someone failing at "any vehicular entity game" :p

Tajidan
December 26 2012, 04:40:58 PM

No, but hes the best way to describe someone failing at "any vehicular entity game" :p

^^ would have been fitting though, if i look at that general chat if someone is able to form a partially coherent sentence its a wonder.

getting rammed all the time in my bf109 fuck that shit, will try US planes next. Airacobra looks lika a beast

metacannibal
December 26 2012, 04:46:29 PM
getting rammed all the time in my bf109 fuck that shit, will try US planes next. Airacobra looks lika a beast

i'd go for russkies with LA 5FN and dat yak-line for ease of planes, they are really superb in most aspects, they turn like spitfires or better and are fast in dives and have nasty cannons.

sahtila
December 26 2012, 04:55:37 PM
Dont bother with flightstick if playing arcade mode where most peoples are. Mouse aim is far too good. Hopefully it gets nerfed.

sokken
December 26 2012, 05:01:51 PM
I'd like to see the lead indicator removed. Mouseaim can stay (My stick plugs into my soundcards game port. I havent had a soundcard the last ~10 years).

RazoR
December 26 2012, 05:40:39 PM
getting rammed all the time in my bf109 fuck that shit, will try US planes next. Airacobra looks lika a beasti'd go for russkies with LA 5FN and dat yak-line for ease of planes, they are really superb in most aspects, they turn like spitfires or better and are fast in dives and have nasty cannons.ShVAK isn't that great, really. Good for dogfighting because of DAT ROF and damage in close, terrible for bomberhunting.
I'd like to see the lead indicator removed. Mouseaim can stay (My stick plugs into my soundcards game port. I havent had a soundcard the last ~10 years).Go play historical mode then.
That's what i'm doing.

rufuske
December 26 2012, 05:42:59 PM
Anyone tried buying those single player campaigns? I'm thinking about buying that bundle to show my support, but I'd like to know are they really worth it. Should I just buy premium currency instead?
I like this game so much I seriously consider grabbing that ultra starter pack but I'm affraid game won't get as much attention as WoP and will not gather large enough userbase to sustain it.

Tajidan
December 26 2012, 05:54:56 PM
what is the kv-1s of planes if there is such a thing?
and is any other gamemode except arcade flyable without joystick?

sry for dumb questions

rufuske
December 26 2012, 05:57:22 PM
Beaufighter/Me410/Il-2. Melts anything you get in your sights while offerring purdy little explosions.

RazoR
December 26 2012, 06:46:55 PM

sry for dumb questionsWhat rufuske said.
Have all three planes, great fun. Tactics matter more since your pull is enourmous (for Me-410 and Beaufighter) but maneuverability lacking at best which makes mouse control actually preferrable to dildos.
Bf-110 was better imo but oh well, gotta grind climb that ladder.

Historical works with all control modes and offers a more realistic mission style.
That is: huge maps, airfield spawning for fighters (after too much Ju-88 tears on the forums) and no respawns.

Kilabi
December 26 2012, 06:49:57 PM

sry for dumb questions

Historic can be done with mouse. I really like historic battle because the flight-model gets a bit harder and planes have to play to their strengths some more.

Razor, do you know how much higher the rewards are in historic? Seemed to me you get more XP and lions out of it.

RazoR
December 26 2012, 07:12:19 PM
Enough to be rewarding, arcade just burns me out so i don't do those.

metacannibal
December 26 2012, 08:41:23 PM
http://warthunder.com/en/news/71/current/

rufuske
December 26 2012, 08:55:32 PM
http://warthunder.com/en/news/71/current/

Fuck yes. Voted.

sahtila
December 26 2012, 11:38:21 PM
Are there server maintenance times announced somewhere? Cant find them anywhere but servers seem to be again down.

RazoR
December 27 2012, 12:13:22 AM
There are patches every couple of days. One's probably being rolled on now.

420 ANALYZING FILES ERRYLAUNCH

Hel OWeen
December 27 2012, 02:11:51 AM
420 ANALYZING FILES ERRYLAUNCH

Yepp. Overall the time required getting into pewpew is quite long compared to the almost instafun WoT offers. Otherwise, although I don't really know what I'm doing yet, the game is fun.

Kilabi
December 27 2012, 09:10:07 AM
Open folder, start aces.exe, click no, profit.

Torashuu
December 27 2012, 03:01:25 PM
Mouse is probably more accuracte, but stick preformance can be much improved after tinkering with control sensitivity, linearity and deadzones. Massively improved my aiming atleast.

RazoR
December 27 2012, 03:11:09 PM
Tried out the gift Tu-2 and it is fucking boss.

Nuked a column then strafed a He-111 our of existence. By the time i rearmed there were only Bf-109 F-4 and MC 202 left.
Bombed another column, got to the sea under a hail of inferior german/italian bullets and then started blapping the faggots with three 12.7mm turrets. Downed both and even had enough fuel to make it back after two leaks.

Snails messed up though - Tu-2 is supposed to have ShKAS (7.62) turrets and at least 1.5 tonnes of payload instead of UBT (12.7) and a mere 500kg.

Can't wait for the real Tu-2S.

Zekk Pacus
December 27 2012, 10:32:15 PM
Played a couple of games, seems enjoyable enough. ZekkPacus in game, someone add me and fly with my noob tank planes.

Kilabi
December 27 2012, 11:10:12 PM
http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/14401-matchmaker-bug-right-now-how-to/

So perhaps some people who play lower tier planes saw this before, you join a game with your tier 0-1 plane and you come up against a full squad of tier 7+s which is just not right.

This is not just because there is no matchmaking in the works right but because there is one. The moment you join a game the server searches a match for you as close to your tier as possible. That is why you normally fight only other tier 0-1 in your noobplanes.
If you join with a higher plane you get higher enemies.

Works fine if you are alone, destroys the game if in a squad. Because now only the planelevels of the squadleader count. So get your squadleader into only reserves or recruit a new player and let him open the squad and here you go. Join with whatever you like and dominate the sky.

This is proven to work as we tested it for a bit today after a mate chose the wrong nation and pulled is into one of those games.

Reproduce:

1. Form squad
2. Squadleader picks reserve planes only
3. Squadmembers pick high tier
4. ....
5. Profit

Made around 35-40k XP per round and 50k lions with nearly no risk to my plane as all the biplanes just scratch the paint on the F6F-3.

I am posting this here so it getīs fixed fastes as such things need public outcry mostly. Easy fix: check for highest level in the squad and matchmake according to that.

RazoR
December 28 2012, 12:18:33 AM
Alot of people underestimate S.79B because it only has 2 engines as opposed to three of the quasimodo. Well these people are retarded.

Kilabi
December 28 2012, 03:36:25 PM
Bombing, what needs what:

Pillbox - 2 x 250kg or 1 x 500kg
Light Pillbox - 1 x 250kg, 3(?) x 100kg
AAA and arty - all bombs and machine guns

Hvy tank - 250kg
med tank - 100kg, 2 x 50kg
light tank - 50kg
armored car - 50kg or machine gun

Patrol boat - 100kg seems to be enough
Cargo boat - 250kg
Destroyer - 2 x 250kg, 1 x 500kg, 1 Torpedo
Battleship - at least 3 Torpedoes and probably also 3 x 500kg, canīt confirm as I always had someone else attacking it in between and I canīt tell with what and how they hit
Carrier - 3 x 500kg on the runway were enough

Airfields - 16,5 tons needed - minimum 250kg have to be used (never tried that, info out of another forum)

Rockets: Take out vehicles just fine, problems with bunkers and boats. Hvy rockets oneshot medium tanks just fine also destroyed heavy tanks with them but canīt tell if 1 or 2 needed as I am always trying to strafe the convoys.

Baarhyn
December 29 2012, 03:43:22 AM
GET ON YOU BUNCH OF BADS

I want to do RATATATATAT noises on TS ffs

rufuske
December 29 2012, 08:02:51 AM
Russian mgs and cannons sound hilarious. You feel like there's so much friction between moving parts that you gonna get jam with next round fired every time squeeze the trigger.

RazoR
December 29 2012, 09:45:13 AM
>implying friction leads to jams

metacannibal
December 29 2012, 10:35:08 AM
I tried the YAK and LA-5, wow, russian fighters are a lovely combo. They are nimble yet they dont suffer the bloody "too slow spitfire" syndrome whilst having guns, an excellent combo.

Russian seems to be FOTM atm, you really gotta work those spitfires with the brits to adjust vs their speed disadvantage. Germans are lol right now with their crap handling and "no decent fighter until level 14 or so"

RazoR
December 29 2012, 11:14:51 AM
wat

Oh right, arcade. Carry on.

metacannibal
December 29 2012, 12:06:22 PM
wat

Oh right, arcade. Carry on.

Historical is not for everyone, i'd even go as far as saying that it only interests few people in comparison. Also they should rename it "Highhorse" mode since the condenscending attitude of "Historicals" players is hilarious. Speaking of which, i think i should go play a bit of historical to mop the floor with the people there.

RazoR
December 29 2012, 04:27:40 PM
i'd even go as far as saying that it only interests few people in comparisonAssuming call of duty has more players than arma is going far, yes.

Mate you are either a sloppy troll or just an idiot.

MadNick
December 29 2012, 04:44:13 PM
Got bf109 nice plane but everyone allways gangs up on me must be russian hete and bf110 delivers sould rename this plane wing cuter :lol:.

metacannibal
December 29 2012, 05:02:25 PM
Assuming call of duty has more players than arma is going far, yes.
[/QUOTE]

Indeed and both are great products(ok cod not so much since mw3+bo2) but for a different audience.
You can bet that WarThunder will derive its success from arcade mode or maybe ships or maybe "FULL WAR DYNAMIC THINGY".
Historical fly once shoot reload thingys aka simulation mode will not be it nor will it be where significant revenue will come from. So count to three and figure out where development focus will end up.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31472710.jpg

Varcaus
December 29 2012, 06:18:28 PM
i'd even go as far as saying that it only interests few people in comparisonAssuming call of duty has more players than arma is going far, yes.

From his tank posting both

RazoR
December 29 2012, 07:01:48 PM
So count to three and figure out where development focus will end up.Last i checked "shittiest ww2 warplane multiplayer game" niche was occupied by world of warplanes.

McRoll
December 29 2012, 11:35:48 PM
Any tips on how to survive with attack planes after the bombing run? Every time i destroy something on ground I have one or two planes on my six and cannot get rid of them due to slower speed and/or maneuverability. Basically they are only flyable in historic mode or with escort?

rufuske
December 30 2012, 09:41:49 AM
Don't be dumb. If you strafe a column that is circled by 4 enemy fighters you're asking for trouble. Wait for them to be occupied by your fighters or simply go with bulk of your force and use your teammates as a distraction. Don't count on anyone to cover you unless someone who chases you is an easy target. Also you'll be surprised how easy it is to shoot down planes with your gunners using manual. Usually people keep going straight at you which ends with thier pilot and/or engine dead after few rounds fired.

Here's an example: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx_yzbbjeqdKa1ZpUW9ZTDJVUms

metacannibal
December 30 2012, 12:31:20 PM
So count to three and figure out where development focus will end up.Last i checked "shittiest ww2 warplane multiplayer game" niche was occupied by world of warplanes.

And this relates how to WT arcade mode? I reject the notion that WT arcade is somehow a "lesser" game or whatever people who prefer flying in sim/historical seem to spurt in every posting.
Its pretty obvious that the masses prefer arcade and, no matter how you spin it, there would be alot less resources to put into WT if there were not people who play arcade. The big beneficiary of arcade mode are people who play historical mode, since without the arcade masses there would be alot less resources and money that would get invested.
In this context it is pretty hypocritical to make fun of that mode, especially given that it is equally challenging to play on a high level, albeit with different flying doctrine and strategy involved. Start racking up Fighters Nightmares, Bulletproofs, Balancer, Hero Fighter etc in every other game before judging it as crap mode, its just as tactical and skilled as historical mode just with alot more pace and aggression.
Each to his own but get a foot on the ground before you start yappin.

sahtila
December 31 2012, 12:11:59 PM
There should be Arcade mode with only one life like historical battles ( and just like wot battles). I thing it would be better than current arcade, arcade is too much cluster**** until enough peoples run out of planes. Killing someone in arcade mode has too low effect to outcome as that guy is soon back anyway in new plane.

MadNick
December 31 2012, 03:33:45 PM
Best thing about game is that clusterfuck.

Thukker
December 31 2012, 08:31:59 PM
Yes and no. Should be an upper limit on the number of planes you can bring into arcade battls because the guys with 15 planes, 10 of which are bombers, can go fuck themselves. Gradually devolves into who can be more reckless/kamikazee while still having guns to bring out.

Game certainly controls a hell of a lot better than WoWP, still don't see any iteration or innovation in core mechanics tho. Flying in circles not my cup o tea I spose. I'll stick to tanks.

RazoR
December 31 2012, 09:24:37 PM
So i heard there is this mode, it's called historical battles or something like that.

P.S.: Yak-3 is piss easy to fly indeed.

metacannibal
January 1 2013, 03:12:27 AM
Semi arcadish semi sim, it strikes a perfect balance imho

this cant be quoted often enough

Hels
January 1 2013, 03:13:41 AM
Was asked to move this topic to general. Whats the consensus?

Varcaus
January 1 2013, 03:14:52 AM
Was asked to move this topic to general. Whats the consensus?Do it tbh

RazoR
January 1 2013, 10:44:39 AM
This has nothing to do with badgaming.net so yeah, do it faggot.

Kilabi
January 1 2013, 01:59:08 PM
Reached max XP on my first plane. JU 87-D5 you will be missed. Fucking stupid mechanic really. If ze germans had at least another goodish ground attack I would not mind.

And please move to general so I donīt have to visit this subforum anymore. :P

Hel OWeen
January 1 2013, 05:07:48 PM

Should have been posted there in the first please, to be honest.

metacannibal
January 1 2013, 05:12:18 PM

Should have been posted there in the first please, to be honest.

Which is exactly why i requested the move :)

Kilabi
January 2 2013, 12:48:57 PM
I hope they are still working on the damagemodels full time because slowly I am actually shifting to the russiandevbias side here. ME-410 just exploding when someone looks at them funny getīs annoying. Same with the BF-109 really.

Also if the different tiers of the same plane have different HP/armor/whatever some indication of the effect would be nice. No matter what, some hard data on the planes durability would be nice.

helgur
January 2 2013, 03:32:11 PM
I hope they are still working on the damagemodels full time because slowly I am actually shifting to the russiandevbias side here. ME-410 just exploding when someone looks at them funny getīs annoying. Same with the BF-109 really.

Also if the different tiers of the same plane have different HP/armor/whatever some indication of the effect would be nice. No matter what, some hard data on the planes durability would be nice.

You should try to fly the japanese line. Those planes dissolves in a mild breeze

RazoR
January 2 2013, 03:50:45 PM
Bayerischen Flugzeugs have all their critical shit in the nose/cabin and are full metal. You could shoot it's wings for hours and it'd still fly.

Commies put fuel tanks in their wings, radiators all over the place and armor the nose/cabin even on lightest fighters.

It works flawlessly in historicals because there is no FUCKING ADVANCE MARKER.
Half of HITS end up on wings and tail there.

evil edna
January 2 2013, 03:55:49 PM
looks interesting, but is this another game where using a joystick somehow puts you at a disadvantage? i cant get used to flying with a mouse and keys in games

Zekk Pacus
January 2 2013, 04:04:15 PM
I've been using a stick and I find it much better than mouse + kb but it might be what you're used to.

RazoR
January 2 2013, 04:04:45 PM
Joystick is advantageous in historical and realistic modes because you need to maneuver alot more than pressing the left mouse button.
Also actual simulation.

How fucking often do i have to say that 16v16 clusterfuck is not the only game mode to tonk addicted idiots?

Zekk Pacus
January 2 2013, 04:08:47 PM
How fucking often does the entire thread have to state that we get it, you like historical mode.

I kind of like it but sometimes I can't be fucked with it, sometimes I want the clusterfuck.

RazoR
January 2 2013, 04:10:38 PM
And yet people complain about things that are absent in historicals five time a page.

Zekk Pacus
January 2 2013, 04:11:29 PM
Problem is i'm yet to see a historical mode that isn't Nazis vs Commies, and I'm not overly interested in either plane line.

RazoR
January 2 2013, 04:19:46 PM
There is a new map with every patch.

Also if you are not interested in a commie or nazi planes you should fuck off.

evil edna
January 2 2013, 04:55:10 PM
downloading it now, though their downloader is kinda slow. fuck nazis and cabbage munchers tho

RazoR
January 2 2013, 05:16:54 PM
So prejudiced.

Zekk Pacus
January 2 2013, 05:17:46 PM
>tells people who don't like commies and nazi planes to fuck off

>complains about prejudice in the very next post

>is XXRazoRXX

RazoR
January 2 2013, 05:20:07 PM
What?
I have british line pushed as far as commie and nazi ones fyi.

Stop drinking vodka and driving beamers if you still can't get over ancient history.

Zekk Pacus
January 2 2013, 05:29:35 PM
For me it's purely practical - I've heard of most of the planes in the British and US lines, not so much any of the others although a few in the German line. You obviously gravitate to what you know.

RazoR
January 2 2013, 06:40:55 PM
Yeah it's funny how most people are completely oblivious to the fact that battle of britain and that pacific ocean business were not the only air warfare going on in WW2.
Or even that russians had planes, lol.

Baarhyn
January 2 2013, 07:40:28 PM
Was playing with guys i met in a match yesterday and they told me about free xp and conversion, goddamn useful to get out of biplanes and tier1's

So do the tutorials, and as you do games you accumulate 2x reg. xp in free xp that you can convert using the golden eagles they give you for the tutorials.

As far as i can see it basically let you convert about 400k total xp into wichever country you want, i used half my eagles for 220k xp i accumulated over 3 days to jump from middle t1 to t5 in the british line

Hel OWeen
January 2 2013, 07:53:05 PM
Or even that russians had planes, lol.

The only russian WW II plane I'd known before was the Polikarpow Po-2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_Po-2), nicknamd "Nähmaschine" (sewing machine). So WT really was a "WTF, russians had planes in WW II?"-moment.

Zekk Pacus
January 2 2013, 08:16:08 PM
I knew about the Yak fighters but that's only because of Red Alert.

RazoR
January 3 2013, 06:54:15 AM
Reached max XP on my first plane. JU 87-D5 you will be missed. Fucking stupid mechanic really. If ze germans had at least another goodish ground attack I would not mind.

And please move to general so I donīt have to visit this subforum anymore. :PFuck you with all the fucks. Got Ju-87 D-5 and it's breathtakingly shit.

OrangeAfroMan
January 3 2013, 10:21:52 AM
Got it today, looks good so far.

Am I a scrub if I use classic controls? Seems like you barely even need the keyboard to maneuver your plane.

Should I switch to Mouse Y = Up/Down, Mouse X = Roll ? How would I do that?

RazoR
January 3 2013, 11:08:47 AM
Mouse? Mouse aiming.
Joystick? Full control biatch.

As simple as that.

Also,
http://onebit.us/x/i/QA4ugWK5Kj.png

Historicals add the need for flap and gear control and WASD helps evade fire.

Just shot down two early Bf 109s (an emil and a friedrich) stupid enough to dogfight with a Tu-2.

Torashuu
January 3 2013, 11:48:30 AM
Russian bomber/attack planes are made of chobham armored concrete bunkers lined with diamonds.

RazoR
January 3 2013, 12:42:01 PM
Il-2 (also known irl as betonflugzeug) and SB? Yes.
Tu-2 and Pe-2/3? Not so much. Wing fuel tanks don't help either.

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 12:50:14 PM
And are still agile enough to outturn some fighters.

Only downside to the IL-2 is the shitty bomb config. While awesome for destroying convoys it can not destroy pillboxes or destroyers+ in one go.

BUT:
It getīs the fighter start, JU-87 getīs bomber start and is too late for easy kills ground.
IL-2 is armored, JU-87 is not.
IL-2 gets fighter agility, JU-87 does not.

And those are not just problems with arcade or history before you start with that shit again. Those are pure balance problems. This game has a module and HP system running unlike some people think to believe. Russian, even lowtiers like the LaGG-3, have huge durability while keeping agility and speed. All the russian ground-attacks are ridiculous in that regard.

Next comparable planes are some of the american navy planes but those do not get the bomber reload but eat the full 6min countdown which makes.

And so on.

RazoR
January 3 2013, 01:08:40 PM
ITT we learn aerodynamics.
Ju-87 is an underpowered obsolete piece of shit, Il-2 is a heavily armored 40's era fighter with large wings.
Saying it gets fighter agility is somewhat of a reach but yes, it can handle itself against lowtier monoplanes.

I don't know where all this comes from, i never had any problems with russian fighters in the tanking department.
Have you tried shooting at it with something more powerful than a browning machine gun? Like MG 151 or ShVAK?

Torashuu
January 3 2013, 01:20:03 PM
Ment SU's Yer's and IL's. Can unload a half a mag of BF 109 into one and it won't budge. But 2 hits from a tailgunner and I lose a wing. The La fighters are also nice in that regard.

Most telling is I mainly fly german planes, like 4 out of 5 sorties, only flying some US and Brits on the side for diversity and money making. And they are closing in rapidly and almost overtaking ze germans in level because they simply do so much better, and I don't even have to try! No cares about manouvering or energy management, just aim and shoot for profit.

Jason Marshall
January 3 2013, 01:29:39 PM
Another two pages and we might get a subforum for the game!

RazoR
January 3 2013, 01:33:04 PM
Another two pages and we might get a subforum for the game!Quick! Someone rage about something!

In the meantime i am going to take an MC 202 and down an Il-2 on FRAPS.

FUCK! Kuban got changed to Sicily :/

evil edna
January 3 2013, 01:37:49 PM
ok this game is fun and i havnt even tried it with a joystick yet.

first battle i shot down 2 friendlys though and lost so much gold

Torashuu
January 3 2013, 02:00:18 PM
lol, those russian biplanes are silly funny. Also SU-2 MV5, pearlharbor, 3 full bombing runs on landing boats/tanks, 3 planes on my tail all the time shooting and hitting. Gunner managed to nail one as well. Russian attack planes are guuuuud.

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 02:00:38 PM
Another two pages and we might get a subforum for the game!Quick! Someone rage about something!

In the meantime i am going to take an MC 202 and down an Il-2 on FRAPS.

FUCK! Kuban got changed to Sicily :/

You russians just donīt get the concept of balance do you? Of course you can shoot down an IL-2 with pretty much anything in game. But while you do you can shoot down 3 Bf-109s with the same amount of ammo.
Also, if one is obsolete and one is an amazing ī40s all round awesome plane why are they at the same tier with the tier 5s even having comparable repaircosts?

Point is, your russian colleagues think about all the cool advantages the russain planes have while totally forgetting about everything else.

IL-2 is just one example of a totally ridiculous plane but the LaGG-3 is another good example. The fucking thing was made out of wood ffs and was outclassed by the Bf-109s in every way possible. Do you feel that in game? No, not at all.

Game is amazing and I am still sticking to krautplanes for now but as said, the damagemodel on some of the nazi-constructs needs work.

RazoR
January 3 2013, 03:04:43 PM
You russians just donīt get the concept of balance do you? Of course you can shoot down an IL-2 with pretty much anything in game. But while you do you can shoot down 3 Bf-109s with the same amount of ammo.
Also, if one is obsolete and one is an amazing ī40s all round awesome plane why are they at the same tier with the tier 5s even having comparable repaircosts?

Point is, your russian colleagues think about all the cool advantages the russain planes have while totally forgetting about everything else.

IL-2 is just one example of a totally ridiculous plane but the LaGG-3 is another good example. The fucking thing was made out of wood ffs and was outclassed by the Bf-109s in every way possible. Do you feel that in game? No, not at all.

Game is amazing and I am still sticking to krautplanes for now but as said, the damagemodel on some of the nazi-constructs needs work.Ju-87 has a tail gunner, double the bomb payload and air brakes.
It's useful in histo... OH WAIT!

Only thing that makes LaGG-3 great is nose mounted cannon at tier 3. Emil indeed outperfoms it in every field, you don't know what i feel. So does MC 202 btw.
Thing is noone uses good climbing and rolling rates of nazi planes in arcade. Basically "i klik and planes go down durrrrrr". Spitfire Vc is the ideal plane for you guys.

And you better poop out some solid proof before throwing around words like "damage model".

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 03:32:29 PM
You canīt use it in arcade, that is why no one uses it. Every plane getīs so much stall resist in arcade energy fighting is not totally useless but close to it.

And a good DM model bug was the B-17 having invulnerable engines a few patches back, you can still find it on the forums.

RazoR
January 3 2013, 03:47:06 PM
A bug which is fixed now, n1n1.

You are however implying that intended damage models for ALL THE RUSSIAN PLANES OMAIGAHD are op.
I am sure there is a whine thread somewhere with devs explaining people why they are retards.

So i got in my Yak-3 yesterday, right. Guess what? I didn't even hear the shots until after my wing caught fire.
Then an A-5 focke made swiss cheese out of my Tu-2's tail while i was in a deep dive, gg. At speeds exceeding 500 kph, mind you.

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 04:07:06 PM
L2P then I guess.

evil edna
January 3 2013, 04:12:00 PM
you get so much xp for kills in historic battle mode, holy shit

erichkknaar
January 3 2013, 04:31:58 PM
On damage models. Here is Günther Rall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCnther_Rall) on the IL2.

@32:20 because utubes embedded player sucks and never skips time properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nf1uvnTRkB0#t=1940s

metacannibal
January 3 2013, 04:55:42 PM
Too much random rage debate on too much guesstimating.

Here is something everyone should read and understand, not only people doing "plane vs plane" work.

http://warthunder.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Convergence

RazoR
January 3 2013, 05:36:10 PM
Next up: why retracting your gear is important.

L2P then I guess.There's not much your ~skills~ can do when a shell already hit you, genius.

Have you tried flying the mentioned unkillable planes yourself? Because you don't sound like you ever had.

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 06:47:15 PM
ITT difference between:

slightly more durable
and
unkillable

I am following your logic now and post a single situation that happened to me today to prove my point:

My Me. 410 got shot down by an I-16 today. Look I posted an anecdote of something happening to me once. Must be true now does it.

You pretending there is no kind of inbuilt damage model is so stupid it is hard to wrap my mind around it. What do you think what happens when a plane gets hit by whatever? Some magic leprechaun decides on random if something gets damaged or not? Personally I believe the engine has some mechanics in the back that decide what hit the plane in which spot and put damage on the part or not. That is called a damagemodel. So much for the game not having one.

Now that we established the game has some way of damaging planes we can check if different planes have different durability. Lets see, bombers can take far more damage than everything else, I think we can say this is pretty much true. Also different bombers can take different amounts of damage which I still hope we can agree on. Now we can also agree on different planes having different durability values. Still without any kind or ranking I hope we agree on that.

What many people report on, or whine as you call it because we say the russians are at an advantage, is some german planes not having the durability they should have. Same with japanese ones but everyone agrees they should be fragile to compensate for their agility. As soon as someone only mentions the russian fighters should be a bit toned down you go into lolCCCPfanboimode and rage out on the possibility of some planes needing a tweak. But cool we know that already.

And yes, I know the difference between the planes, US 9 - nazi 10, russia 7, UK 6, jap 2, that is why I think I can say pretty unbiased that my german planes die fastest when engaged. US navy fighters and russian ground attacks by far the hardest (as it should be), followed by russian fighers, US fighters, UK attacks and fighters, German everything.

And just to inform some people on other bullshit you spouted in this thread:
-there is matchmaking and there has always been, it is very rough but stating there is none is bullshit, see my post about getting hightier planes in noob battles (fixed by now) further back.
-vision skills work in arcade but the effect is smaller but still feel-able when you get dived on from behind

Any other words I used you want to take and exaggerate to fit your agenda better?

RazoR
January 3 2013, 07:35:06 PM
oh wow

I-16 can shoot anything down if the missile hits :razor:

You pretending there is no kind of inbuilt damage model is so stupid it is hard to wrap my mind around it.Are you fucking retarded?
Bayerischen Flugzeugs have all their critical shit in the nose/cabin and are full metal. You could shoot it's wings for hours and it'd still fly.

Commies put fuel tanks in their wings, radiators all over the place and armor the nose/cabin even on lightest fighters.

Half of HITS end up on wings and tail there.GG

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 07:46:43 PM
oh wow

I-16 can shoot anything down if the missile hits :razor:

You pretending there is no kind of inbuilt damage model is so stupid it is hard to wrap my mind around it.Are you fucking retarded?

Half of HITS end up on wings and tail there.GG

Bolded the important part. Are you fucking retarded? Are you really that much of a fucking annoying russian hardware fanboi? (Donīt answer that, we know you are, pure rhetorical question)

Tordin Varglund
January 3 2013, 08:03:05 PM
Shut the fuck up faggots

Baarhyn
January 3 2013, 08:09:10 PM
RAAGE

Paradox
January 3 2013, 08:11:30 PM
So this game produces just as much rage as the MOBA faggotry games does it?

No thanks.

RazoR
January 3 2013, 08:23:14 PM
No, kilabi is just retarded. Apparently Bf 109 is a russian plane!

Game is good.

metacannibal
January 3 2013, 08:27:03 PM
So this game produces just as much rage as the MOBA faggotry games does it?

No thanks.

I believe its more rooted in our beloved Razor playing "historical" mode magically gives him more insight into the game to people who mix the faster action and the longer winded historical mode. So that rage is Its not really related to the game imho but in some unexplainable logical 90° turn related to the person.

evil edna
January 3 2013, 08:32:13 PM
ive been playing arcade with mouse/keyboard and while it might be a bit skillless it is fucking fun. i have a spitfire now, beastmode.

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 08:32:34 PM
No, kilabi is just retarded. Apparently Bf 109 is a russian plane!

Game is good.

Just calling bullshit on 109 having durable wings.
Seconding game is good.

metacannibal
January 3 2013, 08:39:17 PM
ive been playing arcade with mouse/keyboard and while it might be a bit skillless it is fucking fun. i have a spitfire now, beastmode.

Keep in mind that the "lowly" arcade is raw pure pvp action, its all about the player, so i dont see where thats "skillless" as humans are usually incredibly better opposition and harder to master than flying your "more realistical flight model plane".
I would go out and say historical is more about mastering the plane with occasional player encounters while arcade is a knife fight in a cabinet with another player aka to really excel skillwise you best do it in arcade because pvp is skill and not blabla.

also /join #shc to platoon up!

Tordin Varglund
January 3 2013, 08:47:47 PM
Arcade really isnt that skillful though.

Get spitfire -> win game

evil edna
January 3 2013, 08:51:38 PM

Keep in mind that the "lowly" arcade is raw pure pvp action, its all about the player, so i dont see where thats "skillless" as humans are usually incredibly better opposition and harder to master than flying your "more realistical flight model plane".
I would go out and say historical is more about mastering the plane with occasional player encounters while arcade is a knife fight in a cabinet with another player aka to really excel skillwise you best do it in arcade because pvp is skill and not blabla.

also /join #shc to platoon up!

i say skillless just because it seems really easy, but clearly alot of people are shit at it so i dno

metacannibal
January 3 2013, 08:52:27 PM

Get spitfire -> win game

You know that it doesnt work that way, just look at tanks how some people play batchat and how lulsulpher and reds play it.

RazoR
January 3 2013, 08:57:06 PM
http://www.airpages.ru/mn/bf109e3_20.jpg

http://pro-samolet.ru/images/stories/ww2/sssr/lagg-3_06-big.jpg

RazoR
January 3 2013, 08:59:53 PM
Keep in mind that the "lowly" arcade is raw pure pvp action, its all about the player, so i dont see where thats "skillless" as humans are usually incredibly better opposition and harder to master than flying your "more realistical flight model plane".Arcade is about getting your crosshairs to the lead marker. Push button. Receive frag.

No such things as energy retention, maneuvering, stealth, actual tactics or anything that involves at least half a brain.

metacannibal
January 3 2013, 09:13:14 PM
Arcade is about getting your crosshairs to the lead marker. Push button. Receive frag.

No such things as energy retention, maneuvering, stealth, actual tactics or anything that involves at least half a brain.

And that my friend is exactly why its so absurd how you defend your case. The lead marker is practically ALWAYS wrong due to its nature, its not a suprise that this mode that you belittle as no tactics and easy seems to be(judging by numbers) very difficult for you.

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 09:14:20 PM
Did you actually just post a historical print of a Bf-109 wing to prove this is the way it is done in game? Do you think they scanned the blueprints found in old airplane factories and rebuilt them 1:1 in a game engine with a whole physics-simulation around it to give us a way to put action/reaction of material on our screens?

Ok, I see how it is. Now you are trolling. Well done, I fell for it.

Baarhyn
January 3 2013, 09:58:45 PM
fucking start playing, get on FHC TS and join FHC channel and stop bitching at inconsequential shit guys

Kilabi
January 3 2013, 11:49:27 PM
fucking start playing, get on FHC TS and join FHC channel and stop bitching at inconsequential shit guys

Sorry, been in another squad and on another TS already.

Gaydai
January 4 2013, 12:24:14 AM
Downloaded gaem, regged some sort of "yuplay" account without even submitting a password (wtf?) and I am lost.

Still better than wargaming :smug:

Kilabi
January 4 2013, 12:30:37 AM
Downloaded gaem, regged some sort of "yuplay" account without even submitting a password (wtf?) and I am lost.

You get your password in your registration-email. As it is a russian domain check spam perhaps? You can later change it in your account setting of course.

Baarhyn
January 4 2013, 12:37:44 AM

get on the FHC TS and i'll help you out

Baarhyn
January 4 2013, 05:27:54 AM
fucking b-17, I found a way of killing em'.

focus everything on a single wing until it blows, long life to the beaufighter!

erichkknaar
January 4 2013, 06:10:40 AM

Get spitfire -> win game

nope, get dora -> win game...

Baarhyn
January 4 2013, 06:21:38 AM
am playing by myself and i'm getting bored, someone play with me ;_(

sahtila
January 4 2013, 08:11:09 AM

Get spitfire -> win game

nope, get dora -> win game...

nope, get yak9t -> one shot opponents -> win game

RazoR
January 4 2013, 11:05:51 AM
Did you actually just post a historical print of a Bf-109 wing to prove this is the way it is done in game?Have you seen a Bf 109 with a burning wing in game? No.
Do LaGG-3, La-5FN and La-7 wings' catch fire? Yes.

Hel OWeen
January 4 2013, 12:01:39 PM

And please move to general so I donīt have to visit this subforum anymore. :PFuck you with all the fucks. Got Ju-87 D-5 and it's breathtakingly shit.

To put it differently: it's historical accurate in that regard. The StuKas were outdated the day they were put into service. Way too slow. They only succeeded because of lol Polish/France airforce early in war and German fighter domination over Russia. They were also meant more as a psychological stunt, with its Jericho trumpet. Later in the war, on the eastern frontier they were turned into tank killers with a 3.7cm (!) AA gun mounted and prved to be quite successful:

Hans-Ulrich Rudel, a Stuka ace, had suggested using two 37 mm (1.46 in) Flak 18 guns, each one in a self-contained under-wing gun pod, as the Bordkanone BK 3,7, after achieving success against Soviet tanks with the 20 mm MG 151/20 cannon. These gun pods were fitted to a Ju 87 D-1, W.Nr 2552 as "Gustav the tank killer". The first flight of the machine took place on 31 January 1943, piloted by Hauptmann Hans-Karl Stepp. [...] In April 1943, the first production Ju 87 G-1s were delivered to front line units. The two 37 mm (1.46 in) cannons were mounted in under-wing gun pods, each loaded with a six-round magazine of armour-piercing tungsten carbide ammunition. With these weapons, the Kanonenvogel ("cannon-bird"), as it was nicknamed, proved spectacularly successful in the hands of Stuka aces such as Rudel. [...]

The G-1 later influenced the design of the A-10 Thunderbolt II, with Hans Rudel's book, Stuka Pilot being required reading for all members of the A-X project.

Kilabi
January 4 2013, 12:06:28 PM
Did you actually just post a historical print of a Bf-109 wing to prove this is the way it is done in game?Have you seen a Bf 109 with a burning wing in game? No.

Fun fact:

http://i.imgur.com/n9971.png

First game to try to get a screen. Bf. 109 (think it was G, not sure) burning right wing, wing got torn off.

RazoR
January 4 2013, 12:11:58 PM
Looks like a screenshot from Il-2.

LobbyZ
January 4 2013, 12:12:12 PM

Fun fact:

http://i.imgur.com/n9971.png

First game to try to get a screen. Bf. 109 (think it was G, not sure) burning right wing, wing got torn off. Perhaps I can get a better screen from the replay.

You're one amazing idiot. Fuck.

Kilabi
January 4 2013, 12:20:00 PM
For arguing with razor? Yes, probably.

For not buying into the invulnerable 109 wing theory? No.

Gaydai
January 4 2013, 02:01:40 PM

You get your password in your registration-email. As it is a russian domain check spam perhaps? You can later change it in your account setting of course.

Was in my spam-inbox, thanks alot! (I have literally never checked it before, the Chinese seems to love me because they sure throws alot of hot deals my way :D)

Zekk Pacus
January 4 2013, 05:04:24 PM
In other news, TS3 needs a War Thunder channel.

Gaydai
January 4 2013, 06:05:38 PM
Dunno if I we are supposed to throw names out ITT but: ingame name Auwid.

Add me and things.

helgur
January 4 2013, 07:11:52 PM
For arguing with razor? Yes, probably.

For not buying into the invulnerable 109 wing theory? No.

No, because that screenshot, at least how I perceive it shows an airplane where the fuselage is on fire, NOT THE WING :facepalm:

evil edna
January 4 2013, 10:31:21 PM
killing bombers with rockets is the best thing

Gaydai
January 5 2013, 12:16:25 PM
killing bombers with rockets is the best thing

Killing Zekk while only using the body of my trusty Gladiator - while getting points for it - is the best thing. BBB)

RazoR
January 5 2013, 09:10:35 PM
hurrrrrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1ly19aiyY

inb4 noob

Gaydai
January 5 2013, 09:36:32 PM
Get fucked.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TS-xzb12aSg/TF--9cgthLI/AAAAAAAAEPc/zOQ-mEEobRk/s1600/KawanishiH6K+0.jpg

metacannibal
January 5 2013, 09:52:46 PM
hurrrrrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1ly19aiyY

inb4 noob

Pretty noob, i will even tell you why:

Pilot is trailing a target and constantly keeps the nose pointed toward the enemy. It shows a total lack of understanding of three dimensional movement and how to get an advantage. If Pilot had accellerated in level flight and zoom up for a kill burst at 500-600m he would have done alot better. Also the constant soft turning of the plane into the enemy takes epic time, that engagement should have been over far earlier. Also notice the last frontal attack, best practice is shooting at 1km and breaking hard and not giving nub a good 50% chance of a kill, which he scored here.

RazoR
January 5 2013, 09:57:27 PM
http://onebit.us/x/i/kqJsZuOsbK.jpg

Vorkash
January 5 2013, 10:51:12 PM
Get fucked.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TS-xzb12aSg/TF--9cgthLI/AAAAAAAAEPc/zOQ-mEEobRk/s1600/KawanishiH6K+0.jpg

Total Beast.

Gaydai
January 6 2013, 02:13:41 AM
Flew around on Domination in my torpedo Battle-Boat, just went on autopilot and shot at idiots trying to burst me from behind. Went across field, turned around and repeated a few times. Most air-kills of the entire match. storyofmylife.jpg

Zekk Pacus
January 6 2013, 01:50:38 PM
http://onebit.us/x/i/kqJsZuOsbK.jpg

>Posts video showing how 'pro' he is
>someone points out how bad he is
>denies caring

In other news someone please teach retards what happens when you try and land at 200m/hr. See 3 or 4 people try it every game and then get REALLY surprised when they die.

Paradox
January 6 2013, 02:00:29 PM
You people are too mean to Razor.

RazoR
January 6 2013, 02:11:26 PM
>Posts video showing how 'pro' he islolwut

Never implied i'm pro or anything.

evil edna
January 6 2013, 04:28:07 PM
:russian pub player stereotype:

Torashuu
January 7 2013, 08:57:23 AM
Didn't miss enough hooks for that.

Also, best german plane, La-5Fn

evil edna
January 7 2013, 09:36:25 AM
nbs haha, russian dev bias.

though now i have my wellington with a 4 gun rear turret i dont give any fucks

metacannibal
January 7 2013, 10:15:09 AM
nbs haha, russian dev bias.

though now i have my wellington with a 4 gun rear turret i dont give any fucks

4000lb ftw

Torashuu
January 7 2013, 10:17:38 AM
Never had issues with Wellington's but I usually approach them from below since they fly so high.

Funny thing about russian bias, after trawling to the ever accurate wikipedia, it appears the late war soviet La 5 and 7 were equal/superior to german planes(bf 109/fw 190) in almost all aspects. The only complaint they had was that a single burst of 2x 20mm ShVAK didn't kill the FW 190 outright. For the brits it wasn't untill the Spitifire mk xii that they started outpreforming german planes at most/all aspects.

evil edna
January 7 2013, 10:46:13 AM
my wellington does die alot,but i did have a guy yesterday cruise up behind me in a me-410 and then get utterly raped by my rear gunner which was funny

Zekk Pacus
January 7 2013, 11:38:07 AM
Thing is much like WoT there's just no way to model what made the Russian planes less effective in real life - poorly designed control systems and badly trained pilots. So you get Russian equipment living up to it's possible potential, and fucking cannon, cannon everywhere. What irritates me, much more than the LAs and Yaks, is the way the IL-2 can somehow dogfight with the best of them.

Vorkash
January 7 2013, 02:39:36 PM
No idea what they are going to do for Russian navy though :lol:

RazoR
January 7 2013, 05:09:01 PM
Look at all the delicious tears.

Maybe some day first person shooters will simulate terrible M16's family gas operation.

Equium Duo
January 7 2013, 05:18:22 PM
I am really enjoying this game, going as Russian atm, so close to the lvl 4 and the yak.

evil edna
January 7 2013, 06:06:09 PM
4000lb derp bomb wellington is hilarious

RazoR
January 7 2013, 07:16:12 PM
so close to the lvl 4 and the yak.This is not the Yak you are looking for.

Equium Duo
January 7 2013, 09:02:48 PM

Daaw, well anyways tursn out that yak is lvl 5. I have to be bad for a bit longer. The Lagg is pretty good but I'm struggling in it.

Also atm I have foru planes for mother russia, 2x fighters (lvl 2 and 3) and 2x bombers (Lvl 3 and 4) ow many planes do you guys usually have, should I get abigger bomber? or are they dull?

helgur
January 7 2013, 09:05:47 PM
4000lb derp bomb wellington is hilarious

Never flown that, I take it the advantage is huge splash damage ...

evil edna
January 7 2013, 09:16:32 PM
it one shots battleships, which is epic

evil edna
January 7 2013, 10:31:34 PM

Daaw, well anyways tursn out that yak is lvl 5. I have to be bad for a bit longer. The Lagg is pretty good but I'm struggling in it.

Also atm I have foru planes for mother russia, 2x fighters (lvl 2 and 3) and 2x bombers (Lvl 3 and 4) ow many planes do you guys usually have, should I get abigger bomber? or are they dull?

ATM I have five planes, rank 6 7 & 10 spitfires rank 7 beaufighter and rank 8 Wellington. I think bombers are fun, using the 4000lb big fucker and sinking a battleship, then turning round, holding off enemy fighters long enough to drop a second load on the other battleship was epic, felt like some dambusters shit. Ton of xp too.

iPad ect

kikimi
January 8 2013, 08:29:07 AM
Just trying to download their client and holy is it slow.
Did anyone else have this problem? It's topping out at like 0.6-0.8 MB/s for me, and I have up to a 50 downstream if I remember what I'm paying for...
The website has some keys to giveaway, but it is out now.
http://www.dotmmo.com/war-thunder-15685.html
http://www.mmowood.com/war-thunder

metacannibal
January 8 2013, 09:27:51 AM
Just trying to download their client and holy is it slow.
Did anyone else have this problem? It's topping out at like 0.6-0.8 MB/s for me, and I have up to a 50 downstream if I remember what I'm paying for...

I believe they are patching atm, that can be a reason. Also lets not forget that MB/s are not MBit, you are certainly not paying for a 50mb/s connection, that would be 8x as fast as your 50mbit.

Torashuu
January 8 2013, 01:56:31 PM
I am still unsatisfied by the control mechanisms available. Flying mouse/keyboard gives superior accuracy in soft turns long range shots, but is kinda lacking during hard manouvering because its impossible to make smooth turns. Using a stick makes manouvering a breeze, but getting any decent aim is nearly impossible meaning you won't get any kills and you're spraying bullets everywhere but into the enemy plane.

Overal the mouse outpreforms, but it still feels like an awkward roll 180 before a dive the plane tries to roll back before you hit -90 pitch. (for example)

Tordin Varglund
January 8 2013, 01:58:29 PM
I got full mouse aim but i also use CTRL/Shift for pitch and A+D for rolls which makes that stuff easy.

sokken
January 8 2013, 02:21:58 PM
No auto-leveling of the roll axis would have been nice. Other than that WASD+mouseaim seems to work fine.

Tordin Varglund
January 8 2013, 04:39:16 PM
This game is worse than tanks atm.

La-5's are broken as fuck.

Rhaegor Stormborn
January 8 2013, 04:52:10 PM
I am terrible, but I only played a couple matches last night. Maybe I will get better, lol.

metacannibal
January 8 2013, 06:35:19 PM
Apparently "LOLSRSBNS" Historical Battles full of cool REAL PILOTS ETC COOL are a nice way to go lolarcade me>you.
I never made that much xp in a single mission before, also took only ~10 mins to victory.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10041951/shot%202013.01.08%2020.31.44.jpg

evil edna
January 8 2013, 07:14:27 PM
jesus. that still with mouse control?

metacannibal
January 8 2013, 07:14:45 PM
jesus. that still with mouse control?

yes

Rhaegor Stormborn
January 8 2013, 08:05:49 PM
Are you guys who are pro at this really young, cause I swear I used to be better at games like this when I was younger. I get raped now. =/

At least I have Eve to play which is a game where I do not get raped.

evil edna
January 8 2013, 08:09:35 PM
no.

i get shit on so hard in fps games these days where i feel far too old, but in this i do pretty well

RazoR
January 8 2013, 08:39:46 PM
Apparently "LOLSRSBNS" Historical Battles full of cool REAL PILOTS ETC COOL are a nice way to go lolarcade me>you.
I never made that much xp in a single mission before, also took only ~10 mins to victory.I don't understand the problem. It is evident your vagina is full of sand but the reason behind this eludes me.

Tordin Varglund
January 10 2013, 12:02:58 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/35hjnlz.jpg

Just another game in the dual 30mm Me.410

Tordin Varglund
January 10 2013, 12:27:16 AM
And a 16-3 round with 410, La-5 and Fw 190 d13