PDA

View Full Version : Noctis

Malcanis
May 2 2011, 08:06:05 PM
So what's the cookiecutter fitting for the Noctis? cba to train my alt past ORE Industrial 4, but she does have salvaging 5.

Helen
May 2 2011, 08:25:43 PM
Been using this.

[Noctis, Scoopdaloot]
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction

Small Tractor Beam I
Small Tractor Beam I
Small Tractor Beam I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I

Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Salvage Tackle I

Wrack
May 2 2011, 08:33:39 PM
Wormhole fit, evades solo bombers:

[Noctis, WH salvage]
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II

Small Tractor Beam I
Small Tractor Beam I
Small Tractor Beam I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I

Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Salvage Tackle I

Serwenta
May 2 2011, 10:05:09 PM
Why the tank Helen? Wouldn't a Sensor Booster be better use of the Mid-slot?

Helen
May 2 2011, 10:14:04 PM
Nah locks quick enough anyway and I almost lost it the other day in a Sanctum when I thought I had finished the last spawn, just made it out in hull without that shield extender that would of been one dead Noctis and one pissed off Helen.

Can do what you want with it but it needs something to make it go fast and I like the extra hp.

Sponk
May 2 2011, 11:26:37 PM
Noctis has incredibly fast shield recharge btw. LSE + I-field should be able to tank belt rats.

Audrey Koshka
May 31 2011, 02:10:09 AM
I've found that with good salvaging skills the salvagers can sometimes get ahead of the tractors, so I now run a 5/3 tractor/salvager split for active salvaging. Salvaging while alt-tabbing or otherwise distracted I still prefer 4/4 for simplicity.

Dwergi
June 1 2011, 01:43:16 PM
I run 4 tractor, 3 salvager and an improved cloak. Salvagers go through wrecks as fast as you can tractor them to you - cloak is just for that extra safety if someone jumps into local.

Helen
June 1 2011, 04:02:48 PM
I run 4 tractor, 3 salvager and an improved cloak. Salvagers go through wrecks as fast as you can tractor them to you - cloak is just for that extra safety if someone jumps into local.

Can you cloak near wrecks now? Seems kinda pointless if you can't.

Sponk
June 2 2011, 05:55:16 AM
Or just wait until the anom despawns before heading out in your Noctis. They handle like bricks so you'll never get away from your own cans and wrecks in time to cloak - mise well gtfo instead.

rojomojo915
June 7 2011, 05:25:19 PM
Ive been a fan of the mwd and sebo fit with cargo opt rigs instead of the salvage rigs. Aggro the whole room in whatever I am flying then warp in the noctis.

ColdPower
June 20 2011, 05:57:46 AM

Can you cloak near wrecks now? Seems kinda pointless if you can't.

Cloak is useful for doing sites in wormholes where you don't live in them. Our corp has a character in a Noctis follow behind a main fleet runnning the anomalies/sites. Instead of jumping out of the wormhole every time you finish salvaging behind the main fleet, you can either cloak in a safe or, if you're daring, jump into the site they're currently doing, hope the Sleepers don't target you and cloak up and wait for the main fleet to finish the site.

If you're in this type of role, you may also want to lose another tractor for a probe launcher, just in case of an unfortunate ambush on the rest of the fleet or an unintended wormhole collapse.

Sponk
June 20 2011, 06:10:42 AM
tbh if you're doing that sort of high-risk salvaging, you might as well go for a salvage tengu (http://serpentinelogic.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/salvage-tengu/).

Snottus
October 26 2012, 12:56:30 PM
[Noctis, Wormhole salvager]

Inertia Stabilizers II
Inertia Stabilizers II
Damage Control II

'Cetus' ECM Shockwave I
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I

Improved Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Salvage Tackle II
Medium Salvage Tackle II

So I am getting ready to start my nomadic wormhole life (using an Orca as a mobile, cloaked base of operations, alt permanently situated in it). Been testing it on Buckingham, using a Cormorant as salvager. However, I've found it very annoying the short range and slow speeds of the tractors - so I've been looking closer at the Noctis, and even the Tengu for salvage-operations.

With this fit, the idea is to have a fairly nimble ship (yes it's still a Noctis) that has a descent aligntime, 8.33s with my skills. Any recommendations? Changes?

PS: My main will be using the salvager, augmented by snakes

EDIT: Cloak for when I need to hide in the Noctis, and probe launcher should I ever become stranded (orca getting blasted)

Cue1*
October 26 2012, 01:23:11 PM
[Noctis, Wormhole salvager]

Inertia Stabilizers II
Inertia Stabilizers II
Damage Control II

'Cetus' ECM Shockwave I
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I

Improved Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Salvage Tackle II
Medium Salvage Tackle II

So I am getting ready to start my nomadic wormhole life (using an Orca as a mobile, cloaked base of operations, alt permanently situated in it). Been testing it on Buckingham, using a Cormorant as salvager. However, I've found it very annoying the short range and slow speeds of the tractors - so I've been looking closer at the Noctis, and even the Tengu for salvage-operations.

With this fit, the idea is to have a fairly nimble ship (yes it's still a Noctis) that has a descent aligntime, 8.33s with my skills. Any recommendations? Changes?

PS: My main will be using the salvager, augmented by snakes

EDIT: Cloak for when I need to hide in the Noctis, and probe launcher should I ever become stranded (orca getting blasted)

The Noctis dies pretty quickly to a Stealth Bomber, which is stupid easy to setup on your Noctis and wait. You will want the lowslots Wrack posted.

Snottus
October 26 2012, 01:26:47 PM
Hm, ok, thanks!

EDIT: The Warp Core Stabilizer wreaks havoc on my targeting range tho :/

Varcaus
October 26 2012, 02:02:01 PM
drop ecm burst for sebo

Snottus
October 26 2012, 02:09:07 PM
Ok, so pretty much Wrack's fit then - thanks for the feedback!

LordsServant
October 26 2012, 04:03:30 PM
[Noctis, wh]
Damage Control II
400mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
'Umbra' White Noise ECM

Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Salvage Tackle I
Medium Salvage Tackle I

That's pretty much the only noctis fit you'll need in a WH. If you HAVE to have a cloak/probe launcher, put em on the top, but I really don't see much of a point. If you're going nomadic with an orca, just bring a small POS with you in said orca - you have plenty of room and it literally takes 15-30m total to set up, not hard at all.

Snottus
October 26 2012, 05:00:47 PM
I was sorta planing on not bringing a POS - it requires logistics, and if someone finds it, I'm pretty much stuck - or at least that's my impression of how POSes work. They bring friends and siege you down. This is why I'm aiming towards living out of an orca, so as to always stay hidden (well, as long as someone doesn't happen to scan me down, at which point I'll either be lucky and flee, or I get dead)

LordsServant
October 26 2012, 06:03:43 PM
I was sorta planing on not bringing a POS - it requires logistics, and if someone finds it, I'm pretty much stuck - or at least that's my impression of how POSes work. They bring friends and siege you down. This is why I'm aiming towards living out of an orca, so as to always stay hidden (well, as long as someone doesn't happen to scan me down, at which point I'll either be lucky and flee, or I get dead)

Small POS require almost no isk investment, and most ppl won't bother sieging a POS unless they actually want you out or you piss them off for some reason. You should be able to hold tons of fuel for a small POS in an orca + all the stuff you'll need.

Even if you plan on being full nomadic and not entering kspace at all for a month, you should easily be able to carry a POS + fuel without issue. I myself recently id a fully nomadic existence in c5s using just an orca, a few caps, and was able to carry everything I needed without issue :P

Snottus
October 26 2012, 06:06:47 PM

Small POS require almost no isk investment, and most ppl won't bother sieging a POS unless they actually want you out or you piss them off for some reason. You should be able to hold tons of fuel for a small POS in an orca + all the stuff you'll need.

Even if you plan on being full nomadic and not entering kspace at all for a month, you should easily be able to carry a POS + fuel without issue. I myself recently id a fully nomadic existence in c5s using just an orca, a few caps, and was able to carry everything I needed without issue :P

Damit Lords, don't be so friggin convincing! Away with you!