PDA

View Full Version : [NEO] 19:55 - Match #46 Winner Match #41 vs Winner Match #42

Lorkin Desal
November 25 2012, 03:19:49 PM
Winner of [Goggle Wearing Internet Crime Fighters vs EFS] vs Winner of [Much Crying Old Experts vs 8 CAS]

Tyrus Tenebros
November 25 2012, 06:26:46 PM
Goggle Wearing Internet Crime Fighters vs. Much Crying Old Experts

StevieTopSiders
November 25 2012, 06:34:58 PM
Gogogo team.

StevieTopSiders
November 25 2012, 06:35:21 PM
Also, I bet all my monies on us. pls win

Varcaus
November 25 2012, 06:42:29 PM
:( i cant find anyone to bet against much winning old experts

DaDutchDude
November 25 2012, 06:52:29 PM
MOAR DEEEEPPPSS .... lol this should be fun

Edit: Awwww...

Varcaus
November 25 2012, 06:54:05 PM
fuuuuuck

Resi
November 25 2012, 06:58:49 PM
Much Crying Forum Cheerleaders

:'c

Mike deVoid
November 25 2012, 06:59:09 PM
Bad luck guys. You had a great showing though :)

StevieTopSiders
November 25 2012, 06:59:17 PM
;_;

My 356 million ISK.

Tyrus Tenebros
November 25 2012, 07:00:10 PM
WELP

Sakura Nihil
November 25 2012, 07:00:48 PM
Oooof, that Vindi just tanked like a motherfucker. Did DHB supertank it, or were the Kronos under cap pressure from the Goggle team?

kyrieee
November 25 2012, 07:02:13 PM
Surprised you lost that so decisively

StevieTopSiders
November 25 2012, 07:03:00 PM
Vindis2Stronk

Mike deVoid
November 25 2012, 07:04:44 PM
Any idea on how their vindi's tanked so hard?

Snake
November 25 2012, 07:08:15 PM
They were double plated I think.

Sakura Nihil
November 25 2012, 07:08:23 PM
Any idea on how their vindi's tanked so hard?

a) capped out Kronos from running neuts too hard (unlikely but possible)
b) Vindis fit specifically to counter thermal / kinetic, if they knew they'd face Kronos / Vindicators (very possible)
c) a Kronos burnt out its guns (possible)
d) TD shennanigans from the Goggle team (unlikely but possible)

Personally betting on Option B

DaDutchDude
November 25 2012, 07:17:47 PM
My guess: range tanking (web + null + range disruption scripts in TDs) + reactive armor hardeners being a bitch, having enough time to switch resistances = low incoming dmg + high resists against it

Edit: Ran a few numbers, still doesn't make sense ... indeed weird how fast and seemingly uneven the DPS vs reps war was.

Tyrus Tenebros
November 25 2012, 07:19:14 PM
I believe they fit a much higher buffer than we did. Seldarine lost guns at several points during the matches.

Both teams were TD'd and I did lose DPS application when I broke away from the vindicators.

AFAIK nobody burned guns.

We were actually at something of a loss as to why the match tilted so far. We assumed that 2 Kronos should be able to hold off 2 vindicators to some extent while we won with slightly more superior support. We were, apparently, wrong. We lost support and then vindi DPS was superior.

Varcaus
November 25 2012, 07:23:14 PM
Get at 0
(pre)load void
Apply massive dps?

Brent
November 25 2012, 07:23:36 PM
Good run and a good match. Suddenly did an amazing job and hats off to their pilots. Something happened in that match, I'm not sure what...but our kronos dps just didn't seem to hurt those vindis. I felt pretty useless at the end being one of two frigs shooting a logi as I'm hearing our Kronos die. Really good job by Sela and his duders.

I'm glad to have flown with most of you, and it was especially nice getting to know Ty, Zach, and Rory. I hope they keep going with this tourney so we can have another chance. Good luck to our FHC m8rs and thanks to everyone who practiced with us.

Sakura Nihil
November 25 2012, 07:37:14 PM
Kronos might want to dig up their logs, see what kind of hits they were getting. If there's a decent number of "hits for XXX damage" values in the middle of the spectrum, as opposed to misses or wrecking shots, you should be able to back out what kind of resists those Vindicators had.

Shaftoes
November 25 2012, 07:46:52 PM
To me it looks like it was due to the fact the kronoses split up and one got optimal range td'd by the sentinel. So you had 2 vindis dpsing one kronos while one was either shooting in deep falloff or not hitting at all. In our testing we found the kronoses really needed to stay together to survive with all 4 neuts on one vindi to keep it from shooting. And if it turned into a stalemate, the kronoses have more cap boosters than the vindis.

Brent
November 25 2012, 07:49:07 PM
Our plan out of the gate was for our kronos to put all webs on to one target and then let the other close so it's a 2v1 in our favor. I was busy with my end of the fight so I don't know what actually happened.

Tyrus Tenebros
November 25 2012, 07:56:38 PM
To me it looks like it was due to the fact the kronoses split up and one got optimal range td'd by the sentinel. So you had 2 vindis dpsing one kronos while one was either shooting in deep falloff or not hitting at all. In our testing we found the kronoses really needed to stay together to survive with all 4 neuts on one vindi to keep it from shooting. And if it turned into a stalemate, the kronoses have more cap boosters than the vindis.

Our plan out of the gate was for our kronos to put all webs on to one target and then let the other close so it's a 2v1 in our favor. I was busy with my end of the fight so I don't know what actually happened.

They both got on us but we got Seldarine back off of us. I was still dying significantly but finally broke free and they switched to bacch when it became clear i was outside. I made a small error in that once I was out of range I went a little too far away before turning around. Bacch died but we had lost the support war at that point.

kyrieee
November 25 2012, 07:57:13 PM
http://www.own3d.tv/CCPGames/video/899769

Did your sentinels use optimal scripts?

Verite Rendition
November 25 2012, 10:26:50 PM
Well bugger. But nice try guys. You at least made it to the final 8, which for a bunch of bitter vets is nothing to sneeze at.:)

dominus
November 26 2012, 09:24:59 AM
Sorry boys, was really cheering for u.. Damn..

Well, u had a strong showing, can be proud..

Bacchanalian
November 26 2012, 06:24:57 PM

They both got on us but we got Seldarine back off of us. I was still dying significantly but finally broke free and they switched to bacch when it became clear i was outside. I made a small error in that once I was out of range I went a little too far away before turning around. Bacch died but we had lost the support war at that point.

As was said, yeah, we split because Tyrus was dying and our reps weren't holding, so he pulled a bit of range while I held one of them off of him. Instead of splitting 1:1, they both stayed on me and I melted.

I don't know if they were tanked vs blaster damage or what, but my volleys weren't doing much. I don't think I have one in my logs that hit for more than 1k, and I was running Null at one point and Void at another, and always within 5k with next to no transversal. I have Marauders V and all relevant skills to V (gun specs 4), so it's not like I was underskilled.

Ultimately it became clear early to me at least that we weren't going to break a Vindi out from under their Oneiros, but our support was losing the support war and couldn't do anything about him. I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I could have gone after the Oneiros, but that would have left Tyrus to die and there's no guarantee I'd have been able to survive the remaining two Vindis even with Oneiros reps long enough to kill them without their logi.

All in all it was a gf and well played by them.

Seldarine
November 26 2012, 09:19:23 PM
Was an awesome match, I'll elaborate on what actually happened once the tournament is over if anyone is still interested :)

WildCat
November 26 2012, 09:58:43 PM
Was an awesome match, I'll elaborate on what actually happened once the tournament is over if anyone is still interested :)

Like you shooting me for the first 30 seconds of the match instead of the KRONOS! sigh.... but seriously watch the replay seld hates me 8P.

GF though guys.

Seldarine
November 26 2012, 10:02:08 PM

Like you shooting me for the first 30 seconds of the match instead of the KRONOS! sigh.... but seriously watch the replay seld hates me 8P.

GF though guys.

That's called "target calling for the enemy team"

Leboe
November 27 2012, 01:10:24 AM
thinking reactive hardners

Tyrus Tenebros
November 27 2012, 01:29:23 AM

GF though guys.Ask brent about turning left (that was in the Nulli match though)

Fafer
November 27 2012, 01:50:57 AM
There is no need to elaborate, I killed them all ;)

Jokes aside, GF guys, you have nothing to shame for, on the contrary you were awesome.

This tournament showed who are true PVPers, because there is not much of rewards except the glory, it was on short notice so really not much time to prepare, and initially estimated plex price for the entry was huge, so only most dedicated teams were ready.

I hope you will come as a team on future New Eden Open Tournamnents, and I'm also eagerly waiting your other TZ for the next weekend.

Also, many thanks to Scrapheap/Failheap community, as when I was young pilot, I was frequent reader of your excellent Ship Setup Hangar and Piloting in practice, which still IMO outclass any other similar resource.

Brent
November 27 2012, 02:51:40 AM
There is no need to elaborate, I killed them all ;)

Jokes aside, GF guys, you have nothing to shame for, on the contrary you were awesome.

This tournament showed who are true PVPers, because there is not much of rewards except the glory, it was on short notice so really not much time to prepare, and initially estimated plex price for the entry was huge, so only most dedicated teams were ready.

I hope you will come as a team on future New Eden Open Tournamnents, and I'm also eagerly waiting your other TZ for the next weekend.

Also, many thanks to Scrapheap/Failheap community, as when I was young pilot, I was frequent reader of your excellent Ship Setup Hangar and Piloting in practice, which still IMO outclass any other similar resource.

You know...it's funny. I felt the same way fighting you guys as I did when I fought VoC in ATX, and it's probably the way most teams feel when they face us...Helpless. The only response I have to that is Well fucking played gents. You guys piloted really well and it was a pleasure to face you. I'm a bit sad that you banned oracles, but it was the right call when you were in the losers bracket just like we were.

As to future tourneys, I believe it is out plan to continue to participate IF CCP KEEPS THEM GOING!!!! I really really hope that they keep them going. Even if they make it just a plex prize tournament or something(that would almost be preferred tbh). Even if the prizes were small we would still compete. If they do keep going I'm hoping that we're able to find some actual USTZ sparring partners. I pray to god that the reason there wasn't a turn out for the USTZ teams is because of thanksgiving. If that isn't the reason...I don't even know what to say.