PDA

View Full Version : Seleene asks: dusts vs planetside 2?, requests ammo for csm summit

Sponk
November 19 2012, 11:26:10 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/13fxs0/community_question_dust_514_vs_planetside_2_whats/

Mike deVoid
November 19 2012, 11:33:24 PM
They both have a different enough niche IMO, despite both being in the MMOFPS section. And PS2 will not have a console release before Dust 514 is released. I can't really see PS2 on the PS3 tbh, given the PC requirements it has, and also the need to consolify/simplify the menu which is fucking convoluted.

Anyway, the point is the niche is sufficiently different. The bigger thing to fuck over either game will be releasing a shoddy product at launch, especially in comparison to the other MMOFPS launch.

Traxio Nacho
November 20 2012, 11:47:01 AM
They both have a different enough niche IMO, despite both being in the MMOFPS section. And PS2 will not have a console release before Dust 514 is released. I can't really see PS2 on the PS3 tbh, given the PC requirements it has, and also the need to consolify/simplify the menu which is fucking convoluted.

Anyway, the point is the niche is sufficiently different. The bigger thing to fuck over either game will be releasing a shoddy product at launch, especially in comparison to the other MMOFPS launch.

That will be CCP boned then :-P

Mike deVoid
November 20 2012, 12:14:28 PM
Actually, CCP are delaying release (it won't be this year) and hopefully this will result in much higher quality. Saying that it's not close to release right now as key features are not ready.

However I think most commentators are sceptical at PS2 swift release as there were a fair few unresolved issues from beta. A bad first experience will really put people off.

Sponk
November 20 2012, 12:56:24 PM
Ah, the Bradbury Stratagem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmrmHiFVAw).

Lallante
November 20 2012, 01:16:28 PM
I actually think Seleene is completely wrong and still just bitter about PS3 exclusivity.

Dust and PS2 have only partially overlapping potential userbases. Delaying 3 months or so is actually really sensible as some PS2 players will be bored by the grind and overcome the novelty by that point, and Dust should be able to secure more media coverage.

Rakshasa The Cat
November 20 2012, 01:39:56 PM
I actually think Seleene is completely wrong and still just bitter about PS3 exclusivity.

Dust and PS2 have only partially overlapping potential userbases. Delaying 3 months or so is actually really sensible as some PS2 players will be bored by the grind and overcome the novelty by that point, and Dust should be able to secure more media coverage.

Wow the guy seems bittercunt about it.

Alain Colcer
November 20 2012, 06:43:50 PM
i guess the question is:

would a small commited "platoon" of DUSTies be able to create real lasting change ingame? if yes, then DUST will pick up slowly but surely, if not and its just match after match, then Planetside will win

Varcaus
November 20 2012, 07:16:46 PM
i guess the question is:

would a small commited "platoon" of DUSTies be able to create real lasting change ingame? if yes, then DUST will pick up slowly but surely, if not and its just match after match, then Planetside will win

PS2 is so horribly broken it might lose anyway.

Alain Colcer
November 20 2012, 07:32:08 PM
i guess the question is:

PS2 is so horribly broken it might lose anyway.

it may be broken, but its the closest thing to "conquering territory and benefit from it" than any other FPS game out there.

Nu11u5
November 20 2012, 08:04:58 PM
The persistent territory control feature isn't implemented in Dust yet, not even as a half-assed FW tie-in. I expect it to be there at release, because without it Dust will have lost most of its substance and will struggle. Trying to compare the the game with PS2 is a bit pointless until the feature list is more concrete, because all we have now are "plans" and "NDA" (which I can say does not illuminate anything on this topic).

kyrieee
November 20 2012, 11:24:41 PM
To me Dust stinks of the same shit Incarna stinks, though maybe not as intensively. They keep talking about how amazing the Dust <-> EVE link is, how revolutionary it is, how it's the selling point of the game, yet they've not (to my knowledge) revealed any significant ways in which the games will interact. From what I know there's:

Planetary bombardment
No doubt a neat feature, but it's not much more than a gimmick unless they make Dust battles really important to EVE players.

Faction warefare
You get capture points in FW for holding planets. That's fucking weak, and there aren't enough temperate planets for it to have any significance anyway. You can't sell your game on the idea that Dust players will be part of this great EVE narrative when you're essentially capping FW plexes. Dust isn't EVE, they can't release it now and then make it good later, everyone is going to judge it when it releases. Why aren't all Dust items built by EVE players? Why isn't it in nullsec day 1? If that's what you're selling the game on then put it in the game for god's sake.

Have they even revealed how players are going to contract dusties?

Varcaus
November 20 2012, 11:27:07 PM
That's why it's still in beta, that was also just extended because the game needs fixing. I think that's why it was extended anyway.

kyrieee
November 20 2012, 11:35:22 PM
That's why it's still in and extended beta I would think needs some fixing. (did I do it right that time?)

Wtf? No
That sentence is broken

Mike deVoid
November 20 2012, 11:42:50 PM
Well it makes sense not to have all things player made from the very outset because of the economy imbalance that could be caused whilst it is very immature. It doesn't particularly detract from the game to add these aspects in later.

I do sorta agree that the effect on FW systems themselves seems sorta weak, but there may well be systems that end up particularly vulnerable to Dust weakening (although, sadly, this won't be by design because temperate planets are randomly placed).

Bragging rights for the FW landscape ownership I think are stronger than for Eve, since each match is more 'fair' by design (even numbers, and always requires PvP to occur) and so the ownership outcomes are more meaningful about who is 'winning'. There's the persistence aspect sorted.

Home systems, core worlds, outer systems all with different capabilities when it comes to ships able to provide bombardment.

CCP haven't really told us yet their plan for what resources dusties earn for facilities or what bonuses exist for owning an entire planet's maps.

I don't necessarily see a problem with leaving nullsec out to start with and putting it in later when the nullsec revamp occurs and dust is more mature and stable is terms of userbase, popularity, mechanics and features.

Sponk
November 21 2012, 12:13:09 AM
tbh at launch, the only players who need a reason to take other planets are dust players. They're the ones that need resource generation via planet control.

Leboe
November 21 2012, 12:54:36 AM
tbh at launch, the only players who need a reason to take other planets are dust players. They're the ones that need resource generation via planet control.

kinda defeats the entire purpose of an eve link, though

Sponk
November 21 2012, 01:42:34 AM
kinda defeats the entire purpose of an eve link, though

Without Dust players a dust/eve link is redundant.

The obvious thing is to open up the Eve market for whatever Dusties have to sell, and coincidentally those PI products (plus a helping of Eve goods) are what is used to make Dust equipment.

That way, there is a fairly closed loop (from Dust's perspective), whereby increased Dust demand leads to more planets settled, which leads to more supply and prices stabilise.

Xiang Jiao
November 21 2012, 02:13:33 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dust514 ends up launching without any link to the Eve universe. It is probably a better strategy to see how many players are interested first before integrating it into Eve Online.

Sponk
November 21 2012, 02:34:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dust514 ends up launching without any link to the Eve universe. It is probably a better strategy to see how many players are interested first before integrating it into Eve Online.

The corollary is that Dust without the Eve link is a marketing nightmare, since it would have to stand on shudder it's own merits.

Xiang Jiao
November 21 2012, 02:40:35 AM
Like developing Incarna so it stood on its own merits. Oh, wait...

Mike deVoid
November 21 2012, 08:42:11 AM
The link that dust will definitely have at launch is that you will be fighting on actual planets in the eve universe (so there is a landscape to be fought over and so winning/losing actually has an effect on something). It will also have orbital bombardment and a planetary orbital cannon. And finally it will have an effect on FW.

I don't see how CCP could release dust without those as they are pretty much the only things making dust unique and viable tbh.

Joshua Foiritain
November 22 2012, 08:31:31 AM
Incarna was a wildly different beast though, they only developed that so they could peddle their MT clothing and never had any real gameplay plans for it. At least dust is being built around its gameplay. Whether or not dust will be a success will mostly depend on how big the eve link is and how much console fps players care about such things. If they're only really interested in high quality shooting and see the rest as a gimmick then dust is going to get raped by existing brands like Halo/Cod/etc regardless of how good the link is.

If the link is meaningful and console fps players in general are looking for something more then grinding the same maps over and over to increase their stats then dust could be quite big. In this case mediocre fps gameplay isnt necessarily a deal breaker.

Also if dust releases without the eve link then it'll be a massive failure.

Personally i think what we've seen so far about the eve link is rather thin; shared chat/corps, orbital bombardment and limited effect on FW isn't exactly spectacular. Of course there might be more features in the pipeline for release that they haven't talked about yet. Starting with an NPC controlled market is smart since balance is fairly critical early on, switching to to a player market in phases like they did in eve shouldn't be too hard.

Extending the planet combat to 0.0 should be fairly easy if it works in FW but i would have also put the ground work for station combat in the release version so that it would be fairly easy to add that once dust has taken off and the post-release flaws have been polished out. Using dusties to capture 0.0 stations mostly uses all the same features anyway and only needs additional art for indoor combat but it would have an extremely noticeable effect on the eve universe and in turn make the link much more meaningful.

Xiang Jiao
November 22 2012, 09:13:48 AM
Incarna was a wildly different beast though, they only developed that so they could peddle their MT clothing and never had any real gameplay plans for it. At least dust is being built around its gameplay.

You could argue that Dust is CCP's attempt at an F2P with microtransactions with the ulterior motive of attracting new players to "Eve Universe". It needs to stand alone as a successful shooter without the Eve link taken into consideration because there might be people that just want to kill noobs in a console FPS on strange Halo-like landscapes. Successful FPS games usually attract some degree of a competitive scene as well. I don't think FPS geeks give a shit about Eve or any link it may have on the game.

Lallante
November 22 2012, 10:35:00 AM
If PS2 falters now with its buggy release that will give Dust a great opportunity

Sponk
November 22 2012, 11:25:26 AM
If PS2 falters now with its buggy release that will give Dust a great opportunity

Ah, the Bradbury Stratagem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmrmHiFVAw).

Mike deVoid
November 22 2012, 12:41:26 PM
Incarna was a wildly different beast though, they only developed that so they could peddle their MT clothing and never had any real gameplay plans for it. At least dust is being built around its gameplay. Whether or not dust will be a success will mostly depend on how big the eve link is and how much console fps players care about such things. If they're only really interested in high quality shooting and see the rest as a gimmick then dust is going to get raped by existing brands like Halo/Cod/etc regardless of how good the link is.

If the link is meaningful and console fps players in general are looking for something more then grinding the same maps over and over to increase their stats then dust could be quite big. In this case mediocre fps gameplay isnt necessarily a deal breaker.

Also if dust releases without the eve link then it'll be a massive failure.

Personally i think what we've seen so far about the eve link is rather thin; shared chat/corps, orbital bombardment and limited effect on FW isn't exactly spectacular. Of course there might be more features in the pipeline for release that they haven't talked about yet. Starting with an NPC controlled market is smart since balance is fairly critical early on, switching to to a player market in phases like they did in eve shouldn't be too hard.

Extending the planet combat to 0.0 should be fairly easy if it works in FW but i would have also put the ground work for station combat in the release version so that it would be fairly easy to add that once dust has taken off and the post-release flaws have been polished out. Using dusties to capture 0.0 stations mostly uses all the same features anyway and only needs additional art for indoor combat but it would have an extremely noticeable effect on the eve universe and in turn make the link much more meaningful.

I actually don't think the eve link is as important as you make out in order for dust to suceed. I'd be excited about Dust even if I'd never played eve because of a THE key design feature: the fact that winning/losing the match results in a change of ownership of the map. Ultimately this means to demonstrate skill and ability you have to win matches - it's not enough to have an epic K:D ratio.

Being connected to EVE just means that there is potential for more reasons to fight than the ones that would exist anyway. I.E. adding to the grudges, ego and goodfights Dust will generate internally you can add the mature political landscape of EVE. Adding in orbital bombardment and planetary cannons just makes the Dust fights more epic feeling in scale.

I do sorta like your proposal for station combat and capture/disable/destruction if dust actually becomes established.

To expand on why I think the map control aspect is the most important one, here's an anecdote. Bad when I played Red Alert the single player mission campaign showed your side gradually taking over the entire map. You got the impression that the war front was moving back because of your efforts and that there was an overall geography to the maps that you played upon.

Multiplayer matches on the other hand were instanced skirmishes. I can't remember what game it was, but there was an RTS game that created a galaxy landscape upon which all skirmish matches were 'played'. So winning and losing meant something and you could see ownership change on the galaxy map. So even though nothing had changed regarding the matches themselves it allowed a metagame to develop (of sorts).

This is how I see the 'instanced' matches of COD/BF being brought into a meaningful landscape with Dust. Adding to that the Faction ownership that is done by proxy by Dust merc corps. It's a clever twist that they are mercenaries since it means never having to be loyal to a faction.

roigon
November 22 2012, 05:31:18 PM
I don't care about FPS games, but I think the dust <-> eve link is pretty innovative, albeit gimmicky. I would imagine that from the DUST side there is the perspective that some fat eve player will give them billions to go take planets and what not. I think that's a pretty big selling point. The details on whether or not that will actually happen is less important. It's a nice story to get people to actually try out the game when it releases. What keeps them playing will be up to the gameplay.

I tried DUST, I'm not a FPS fan, and I thought the game wasn't fun to play. (shocker) But I also haven't really seen opinions from people who are FPS nerds and play battlefield in serious mode and what not. For the most part there's a shitload of butthurt eve players who can't afford a PS3 and bittervets who expect everything that CCP produces to be horribly broken and unplayable. Not saying that latter point isn't without merit, but in the end it's up to all the FPS nerds to decide whether dust is a good fps or not.

Xiang Jiao
November 22 2012, 05:49:08 PM
Not saying that latter point isn't without merit, but in the end it's up to all the FPS nerds to decide whether dust is a good fps or not.

If you are curious enough about it and willing to post about it in a Eve forum, I think your opinion (that Dust isn't fun) has some merit to it, so it's probably not a good sign. The real danger in my mind is that they will get so caught up making the Eve link work like a deer in headlights that they will forget to make the game enjoyable to play.

roigon
November 22 2012, 06:34:21 PM
Not saying that latter point isn't without merit, but in the end it's up to all the FPS nerds to decide whether dust is a good fps or not.

If you are curious enough about it and willing to post about it in a Eve forum

Well beyond the obvious "why the hell would anyone ever want to visit eve-o" answer. My point is that the success of dust is very much not in the hands of eve players. Now I don't know for sure, but I think the people who post on eve-o are generally eve players.

So whether or not people on eve-o think the game is horrible and ccp should be shot is fairly irrelevant in my opinion. I.e. Spreadsheets in space nerds don't like twitch gameplay shooter. More news at 11.

-edit-

Just now spotted you wrote "a eve forum" so not necessarily eve-o. But I'll leave my original response anyway.

The real danger in my mind is that they will get so caught up making the Eve link work like a deer in headlights that they will forget to make the game enjoyable to play.

This could be true, but I doubt it. I do not think the integration between dust and eve is a big technical feat, just a novel one.

Xiang Jiao
November 22 2012, 07:48:51 PM
This could be true, but I doubt it. I do not think the integration between dust and eve is a big technical feat, just a novel one.

HAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one. CCP can't seem to figure out their own legacy code. I don't extend them a lot of confidence for getting the Eve link to work let alone being meaningful to the players in any way. Let's consider the two simplest features:

1) Integrated chat - Will Eve and Dust players be able to chat live with one another or will it be a delayed PM system?

2) Contracts - How will contracts be defined, and what criteria can you choose that Dusties have to satisfy? Will you be able to scam like in Eve?

I haven't been keeping up with the news but I'm willing to wager that CCP hasn't cemented the details on one and two yet.

Lady Spank
November 22 2012, 07:54:44 PM
There seems to be a keen and positive community building up around Dust. Nowhere near the numbers of titles like BF3 or CoD but that's to be expected.

Nu11u5
November 22 2012, 08:33:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one. CCP can't seem to figure out their own legacy code. I don't extend them a lot of confidence for getting the Eve link to work let alone being meaningful to the players in any way.

There is a huge difference between designing a new feature and working on 10 year old code, that hasn't been touched in 6 years, and the last guy to work on it left 4 years ago.

1) Integrated chat - Will Eve and Dust players be able to chat live with one another or will it be a delayed PM system?

Cross platform chat (live text and voice, evemail) has been working in game for 3 months. It's exactly the same as in Eve.

I haven't been keeping up with the news but I'm willing to wager that CCP hasn't cemented the details on one and two yet.

No, you haven't. Try getting a clue first.

Xiang Jiao
November 22 2012, 08:43:00 PM
Cross platform chat (live text and voice, evemail) has been working in game for 3 months. It's exactly the same as in Eve.

I can log into Eve right now and chat live with Dusties who have things in common with me?

roigon
November 22 2012, 08:44:56 PM

I can log into Eve right now and chat live with Dusties who have things in common with me?

Yes, should be live on SiSi afaik. I'm pretty sure i've already seen screenshots of people chatting with themselves cross dust/eve.

Nu11u5
November 22 2012, 08:55:51 PM
Yes, I tested chat, joining channels, inviting to channels, etc, and made one if my Dust chars director of my corp on Sisi.

Xiang Jiao
November 22 2012, 09:40:42 PM
Yes, I tested chat, joining channels, inviting to channels, etc, and made one if my Dust chars director of my corp on Sisi.

I appreciate you illuminating me during my bout with ignorance. I can already see that Dust is shaping up to be more relevant than Incarna was at release so I will try to refrain from being such a sour cunt about it. However, if Seleene still has concerns about Dust after the Winter Summit, we might have another imminent problem with product excellence.

If CCP can knock one out of the park with Dust514, I may even have the confidence to play Eve again.

Lallante
November 23 2012, 09:33:30 AM
So.... anyone have any ideas how CCP will prevent wealth transfer en mass from Eve to Dust, if at all?

A decent eve corp could fund a handful of dust corps infinitely, pretty much.

Sponk
November 23 2012, 09:43:53 AM
Dunno. Wouldn't be surprised if dust mercs make little isk and lots of PI so they are a net isk sink though.

Blah blah tapatalk

Mike deVoid
November 23 2012, 12:09:55 PM
Well what they've done on Sisi at the moment is make the Dust corp wallet a seperate division which cannot be donated to by eve players or corps, only dust players. Same for personal dust wallets from eve players or corps.

No sure how they can keep it like that for release though.

Lallante
November 23 2012, 01:50:25 PM
Well what they've done on Sisi at the moment is make the Dust corp wallet a seperate division which cannot be donated to by eve players or corps, only dust players. Same for personal dust wallets from eve players or corps.

No sure how they can keep it like that for release though.

As soon as its possible to contract dust mercs to do jobs, or make dust equipment available on the Eve market / producable, that become irrelevant though cos you can just offer gazillion isk contracts

Meester
November 25 2012, 06:47:59 PM
In my opinion DUST 514 is hamstrung by being on a console and therefore must deal with its limitations. If they started as a pc game, then you have mouse and keyboard support early on with a pc always being adapted. Will a PC Dust 514 suffer as a result of the console Dust 514? Will console gamers etc get bored of dust even if it is iterated on, and the next battlefield/modern warfare comes out?

Will the average casual gamer care about an eve universe they are only connected to via chat and statistics?

Xiang Jiao
November 26 2012, 12:24:28 AM
In my opinion DUST 514 is hamstrung by being on a console and therefore must deal with its limitations. If they started as a pc game, then you have mouse and keyboard support early on with a pc always being adapted. Will a PC Dust 514 suffer as a result of the console Dust 514? Will console gamers etc get bored of dust even if it is iterated on, and the next battlefield/modern warfare comes out?

Will the average casual gamer care about an eve universe they are only connected to via chat and statistics?

They've already claimed that it will have KB & mouse support on the PS3, but that still doesn't alleviate the amount of head-scratching over a PS3 only shooter. It is most definitely hamstrung in two respects. Eve-O-philes have to also buy a PS3 to join in, and its success with the console shooter crowd is artificially limited to Sony's market share due to the Eve-Dust link. I would genuinely be surprised if there are more than 100 people that play this game, and on the strength of the Eve universe, go out and try an Eve Online trial and then subsequently subscribe unless there was a promotion that drastically decreased the price of a subscription for Dust514 players.

This game was meant for PC. I think it would be a ludicrous decision for CCP not to port it over in the next year.

Sponk
November 26 2012, 12:28:56 AM
That's the point. They don't want more Eve players; they want more 'eve universe' participants.

Xiang Jiao
November 26 2012, 12:31:02 AM
That's the point. They don't want more Eve players; they want more 'eve universe' participants.

Which they would probably achieve to higher degree with a PC release. Just saying.

Nu11u5
November 26 2012, 01:45:36 AM
The closed beta already had a 2600+ PCU. That's a closed beta, and around the size Eve had during its beta, if not larger.

KB+M is already implemented (rate limited to not have too much an advantage).

The arguement "made for PC" sounds like 'PC master race' BS. The game is a FPS on a console that plays like a console FPS. It's not Arma. CCP had a business decision to expand into the console market. The game is fully capable of being ported to PC but I don't see CCP doing that until they are satisfied with their exposure on the Playstation.

Mike deVoid
November 26 2012, 07:23:38 AM
It's almost like FPS sales on consoles are larger than FPS sales on PC

Evelgrivion
November 26 2012, 09:20:01 AM
Is DUST's gunplay more like Planetside 2's or TF2's?

Resi
November 26 2012, 10:48:16 AM

Feels more like Planetside but there are other FPS which are closer in playstyle.

The gunplay (and dreary art-style) is like COD, I guess, but with the hit points and rock, paper, scissors meta of Section 8: Prejudice (awesome game).

cullnean
November 26 2012, 07:05:18 PM

Feels more like Planetside but there are other FPS which are closer in playstyle.

The gunplay (and dreary art-style) is like COD, I guess, but with the hit points and rock, paper, scissors meta of Section 8: Prejudice (awesome game).

cods gunplay is far superior

Resi
November 26 2012, 07:29:41 PM
Well, yeah, but it's trying to replicate the twitch shooter feel of COD and Battlefield 3 while everyone's running round with loads of HP so it doesn't really work.

Xiang Jiao
November 26 2012, 09:07:24 PM
Well, yeah, but it's trying to replicate the twitch shooter feel of COD and Battlefield 3 while everyone's running round with loads of HP so it doesn't really work.

CoD? BF? Twitch? What?

Rakshasa The Cat
November 27 2012, 12:26:13 AM

CoD? BF? Twitch? What?

They are talking about DERP 555, a new game being developed by EA.

Meester
November 27 2012, 12:34:35 AM
KB+M is already implemented (rate limited to not have too much an advantage).

The arguement "made for PC" sounds like 'PC master race' BS.

Of course PC is the master race ^-^ Is EvE on the PS3? Arma 2 on the PS3?
I've had consoles before and Panzer Dragoon Saga never came out on the PC but its been 10 years since I owned a console and not even Red Dead Redemption [a travesty its not on PC], Halo or other console "exclusives"could get me to own one just yet [emulators!]. Then theres the games that get ported badly to a PC version, its generally not the other way round.

The chance that mods will ever get to be on a console is very remote indeed barring jury rigging. Until consoles become mini pcs and those who develop those consoles make it a free for all, you will never get the complexity and sheer ambition that a pc game could provide. I do know about the keyboard and mouse on PS3 but I doubt I could get my RAT 7 to work with it [havn't looked into it]. Limiting rates? Hamstrung more like.

Doesn't mean that DUST 514 won't be any good or play badly on PC but I have my reservations.

Mike deVoid
November 27 2012, 12:40:52 AM

CoD? BF? Twitch? What?

I too was under the impression that CoD, BF3, etc where twitch FPSs. If they are not, then which are the games that are?

Xiang Jiao
November 27 2012, 01:02:53 AM

CoD? BF? Twitch? What?

They are talking about DERP 555, a new game being developed by EA.

That's a catchy title. I don't think of BF as a twitch shooter title, more like a mil sim. Quake and Unreal Tournament fall solidly under the twitch shooting category, UT2K4 being the pinnacle. CoD is more fast paced but it still has a strategic feel to it in certain game modes (holding points on a map). I feel that FEAR Combat was a great compromise between squad tactics and a chaotic twitch bonanza. That's just my take on the genre. I haven't played shooters seriously for a few years now. FPS releases tend to have MMO elements to them now, which muddles the purity of the genre in my mind. Gotta roll with the times, I suppose.

Varcaus
November 27 2012, 01:04:12 AM

CoD? BF? Twitch? What?

I too was under the impression that CoD, BF3, etc where twitch FPSs. If they are not, then which are the games that are?

Black light: retribution but cod is definatly twitch based bf3 less so but still definatly one.

Mike deVoid
November 27 2012, 07:31:15 AM
Ah, quake and UT. Yeah, I see what you mean.

Resi
November 27 2012, 01:23:03 PM
Ah, quake and UT. Yeah, I see what you mean.

Yeah, I think I used a confusing term there.

I'm really struggling to explain adequately how Dust 514 feels.

cullnean
November 27 2012, 01:30:40 PM
The core shooting ie hit scan is derp, took ages to figure why i wasnt hitting moving targets by leading them

tapatalk crew

Nu11u5
November 27 2012, 01:40:19 PM
They are looking at introducing projectile ballistics, at least with certain types of guns. They've probably avoided it so far due to server load concerns.

Resi
November 27 2012, 02:04:17 PM
That'd really make Minmatar weapons stand out and feel different, but they'll probably do something stupid and apply projectile ballistics to Laser guns.

They already have the electron, ion and neutron naming scheme muddled up and blaster turrets are auto-cannons for some reason.