PDA

View Full Version : [PVP] Falcon

Durzel
April 24 2011, 10:29:16 AM
Figured we needed to have a thread on this ship since I think we can all agree everyones favourite form of ewar is being locked out of a fight completely.

Have only just recently bothered flying this ship to see what all the fuss was about, and came up with this:

[Falcon, Always Primary]
Damage Control II
Signal Distortion Amplifier II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
'Umbra' I White Noise ECM
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
'Hypnos' Multispectral ECM I
ECCM - Gravimetric II
Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive

True Sansha Medium EMP Smartbomb
Domination Small Proton Smartbomb
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Core Scanner Probe I

Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor I
Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor I

Warrior II x2
Ship has a hybrid bonus but it seems retarded to try and use it. I've heard of it being used solo but sticking blasters on a ship that has such a shitty tank and is always primary seems kinda risky, and well lolrailguns.

ECCM I guess is changeable with a sensor booster or 2nd racial ECM depending on what kind of fight you're in.

Faction smartbombs aren't that expensive and should deal with drones (presumed likely to be your biggest threat even if you pull off jams). Faction probe launcher "just cos" I get them cheap, figured it would be handy to be able to probe people out in this ship.

Thoughts?

David Devant
April 24 2011, 10:35:04 AM
Probably get some comments from the 'no tank' crowd but i think that looks p solid - can carry the alternative mid slots in your hold for max adaptability.

Durzel
April 24 2011, 10:43:25 AM
True.. it's got the 1600mm RT but I figured ECM and range was its tank... it's going to be primary always anyway. I even debated dropping the 1600mm RT for another SDA but it's pretty stacking penalised and I didn't fancy getting alphaed by the first BS I didn't successfully jam.

GCUbersoldat
April 26 2011, 02:35:29 AM
DURZEL! lol thx for the fit...proven this works +1

Gypsio
April 26 2011, 08:22:39 AM
The Falcon is one of the few ships that can effectively use Defender missiles. Don't expect it to make you immune to that Cerberus/Drake/Rook, but it will increase your lifetime on the field.

Rudolf Miller
April 26 2011, 10:29:35 AM
The Falcon is one of the few ships that can effectively use Defender missiles. Don't expect it to make you immune to that Cerberus/Drake/Rook, but it will increase your lifetime on the field.

Used to. Only 1 missile slot since the nerf. Once again making the whole purpose of defenders useless.

Vasponger
April 28 2011, 08:31:47 PM
glad i looked at this thread :) seems as if the PG/CPU and what not has changed since i last flown it.

Lithia Tsanov
April 28 2011, 08:56:42 PM
I normally fly the two different multispec falcons. One is for grief cloaking in someone else's space. One is for straight up gate work. Both of them have enough of a tank let you know when you have to leave.

I bring this falcon with me when I have to spend a week or two living in someone else's space. It has probing, salvaging, and offline logistics.

[Falcon, Swiss Army Falcon]
'Hypnos' Signal Distortion Amplifier I

J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Dread Guristas ECM Multispectral Jammer

Small Remote Hull Repair System I
Expanded Probe Launcher I,Combat Scanner Probe I
Salvager II

Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor II
Medium Particle Dispersion Projector I

2x armor repping drones

When I simply want to kick back on a gate and support a camp, I fit the following:

[Falcon, Kaatt Sandawgz's Falcon]

Large Shield Extender II

200mm Rail Gun II ,Caldari Navy Lead Charge M
200mm Rail Gun II,Caldari Navy Lead Charge M
200mm Rail Gun II,Caldari Navy Lead Charge M

Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor II
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Hobgoblin II x2

With either, simply warp to 30/50, and align, decloak, engage.

Durzel
April 28 2011, 10:03:38 PM
Would you say a DC2 is a waste of time on this ship given you've only got base resists and 1k hull HP to begin with anyway, together with the fact that you're either going to lock stuff out or get incoming fire pretty damn quick anyway?

Being toying with the idea of a 2nd SDA but it's pretty stacking penalised with 2 Dispersion amps. Then again, ECM is the tank and the 1600mm RT is really only there to stop you getting alphaed......

Phoku5
June 15 2011, 05:16:03 AM
This fit has been super effective tonight.

[Falcon, DDoS]

Large 'Iceland' Targeting Array
Invulnerability Field II
'Downtime' CCP Server DDoS Jammer

'PROBLEM?' Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

:facepalm:

Intigo
June 15 2011, 08:44:17 AM
Funny.

No, really - that's hilarious, Phoku5.

Please, do continue.

Rudolf Miller
June 15 2011, 12:26:57 PM
This fit has been super effective tonight.

[Falcon, DDoS]

Large 'Iceland' Targeting Array
Invulnerability Field II

'PROBLEM?' Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

:facepalm:

http://static.tumblr.com/aolqjuz/E06lhmnyy/joker-clapping.gif

Acthiliak
June 20 2011, 05:40:12 PM
i've always like the 1600mm + 2x signal dist's fit myself. enough buffer to gtfo when needed and that extra bit of jam strength.

Sponk
June 22 2011, 02:54:30 AM
which rigs would you use, then? lock time?

Acthiliak
June 22 2011, 04:48:24 AM
which rigs would you use, then? lock time?

jam strength rigs seem appropriate.

Lachesis VII
June 22 2011, 09:08:12 AM
Jam strength rigs stack too much with SDAs. I use the projection rigs for extra optimal.

Sponk
June 23 2011, 02:32:03 AM
T2 jam strength(+15%) + t1 optimal seems pretty good.

Durzel
June 23 2011, 08:25:15 AM
As above.

If you're using 2 SDAs + 1600mm RT, you actually get more efficiency from a single T2 Dispersion (+strength), and T1 Projector (+optimal) rig than using 2 x T1 Particle Dispersion rigs.

'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I: (assuming 2 x SDAII, 1 x 1600mm RT):
T2 Dispersion/T1 Projector - 14.864 racial, 4.954 off-racial, 62+50 optimal+falloff
2 x T1 Dispersion - 14.620 racial, 4.873 off-racial, 54+50 optimal+falloff

Granted there isn't much in it but since those T2 rigs aren't particularly expensive I thought I'd point out that just one T2 rig is more effective due to how the stacking penalty works, than 2 of the T1 variants.

Acthiliak
June 23 2011, 01:45:55 PM
it is only an extra 20 mil roughly, basing off Hek prices. Seems worth it

Mr Marram
December 29 2011, 09:33:55 PM
Drop web and one LSE for 2x multispecs or one multispec and one minny jammer. The ships main offence and defense is ECM not blasters and tank.

Sponk
December 29 2011, 11:24:07 PM
thats worse than being gummed to death by a pilgrim

Rebelike
December 30 2011, 10:19:39 AM
This is the setup i wish people would use:

[Falcon, Profit]
Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Disruptor II
Remote Sensor Dampener II
Remote Sensor Dampener II

Federation Navy Medium Plasma Smartbomb
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Hornet EC-300 x2

30k EHP

Smartbomb for drones

1100m/s MWD no heat, 1550m/s with heat

A perfect balance between ewar and ECM. Two small ecm drones are usually enough to perma-jam everything.

You can use the SD's on enemy logi's, point stuff, and stop it from getting back to gate.

A bit light on tank, but the ECM will save you over and over =D

Cortess
December 30 2011, 10:47:54 AM
terrible troll

Did you get touched by a ecm-drone?

n0th
December 30 2011, 11:16:48 AM
If you feel like being a tremendous faggot and solo (lol) in a Falcon - do this:

[Falcon, hi i'm a fag]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Large Shield Extender II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I
'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II x2

Tyrus Tenebros
December 30 2011, 01:19:07 PM
to be fair pure falcon solo'ing is still marginally less gay than "falcon solo" with an alt.

Rebelike
December 30 2011, 09:33:48 PM
Is it okay to train a falcon up, and have 7x caldari jammers in mids, so my falcon alt can jam the falcon alt jamming me?

Mr Marram
December 30 2011, 09:40:39 PM
Is it okay to train a falcon up, and have 7x caldari jammers in mids, so my falcon alt can jam the falcon alt jamming me?

Need an ECCM or two to stop them jamming you.

Rebelike
December 31 2011, 12:52:33 AM
I was thinking like this: you get a fight, looks like you are winning, falon decloaks and start to use 100% chance based targeting break at you. You laugh at him, uncloak your falcon alt and start perma-jamming the falcon jamming you. Might have it warp in at range and arrive decloaked.

Rebelike
December 31 2011, 03:17:34 PM
Have you considered the situation where they bring two falcons? Then you have to bring your own 2nd falcunt. Then they bring their 3rd falcon. And its falcons all the way down.

Yes. I just go with ecm drones, and one racial jammer should be enough for one falcon.

LordsServant
January 1 2012, 10:43:42 PM
Just found this thread and figured I'd post this.

[Falcon, anti-falcon falcon]
Damage Control II

ECM - Spatial Destabilizer II
ECCM - Gravimetric II
ECCM - Gravimetric II
ECCM - Gravimetric II

Cynosural Field Generator I
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Targeting Systems Stabilizer I
Medium Targeting Systems Stabilizer I

Whenever I solo I tend to run this. Theres some faggots in Mara who consistently bait in belts and ALWAYS seem to have a fucking falcon. I don't think I've died to them yet, but I've had several close calls. Started bringing this and it works like a charm. Also, when I feel like engaging 5 hurricanes solo in an active tanked ship, I occasionally swap over to minmatar jammers or a 2/2 split. Hurricane neuts are kinda a PITA when engaging "solo."

I DO draw the line as far as other combat tho - I refuse to use it if its a "fair" fight, aka 2v1 or something, and using it when 1v1ing is obviously out of the question.

I feel that using it in this manner is justified....
....all others are welcome to their own opinions. ;)

Cyno ofc is on there for my own reasons. *wink wink* =D

-Lords

Tordin Varglund
January 2 2012, 11:02:22 AM
[falcon fit]

"...Whenever I solo..."

"...Cyno ofc is on there for my own reasons. *wink wink* =D"

Bring a proper ship duo instead and you would not need to bring a falcon or OH GOD YOUR TITAN!!!

Honestly.

LordsServant
January 2 2012, 01:31:00 PM
[falcon fit]

"...Whenever I solo..."

"...Cyno ofc is on there for my own reasons. *wink wink* =D"

Bring a proper ship duo instead and you would not need to bring a falcon or OH GOD YOUR TITAN!!!

Honestly.

I didn't mention my titan in there at all.

With that said, if you probe down a missioning carrier, or find a couple losec scrubs bashing a POS or Customs Office with dreads...what do you do? I say something in my alliance and the first question asked is "do you have a cyno?"

Why yes, yes I do. ;) The cavalry is never farther than the nearest cyno...and I always bring one just in case.

The whole dropping titan thing is usually planned in advance tbh, I specifically go out with the intention of losing the bait cyno ship and I purposely look for fights I have zero chance of winning. (Which hilariously is almost impossible to tell apart as I'm quite suicidal when soloing anyways.)

=D

-Lords

dotfortun
May 18 2012, 02:31:03 PM
So, I came up with this horrible idea last night, and figured that I would share it here:

-------------------------------------------
[Falcon, 100MN]

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

█████ █████████ 100MN Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
ECM - Multispectral Jammer II

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Damage Control II

Medium Particle Dispersion Projector II

--------------------------------------------

With AB on it does 1312 m/s with a sig of ███. It has a measly 16.4k EHP, and a resist profile of 60.6%/65%/60.6%/56.2% for shields. It can do it's thing for 2:45, and has the grid and CPU left to mount a whoregun or launcher. Multispec jammers have a strength of 7.5 and an optimal of 48.8 km, whereas racial jammers have a strength of 11.3, and an optimal of 73.2 km.

If you decide "screw being able to GTFO, I like jam" you can swap the nanos for Signal Distortion Amplifier II's. This changes it into a 1109m/s boat with 17.4k EHP, and jam strengths of 8.97 and 13.5 for multispec and racial respectively.

I have not actually tried one yet, but if it isn't the world's stupidest idea, I might just.

First Impressions:

It accelerates really slowly with no nanos in the lows, will have to see how much less slow it accelerates with nanos in the lows.

LordsServant
May 18 2012, 03:09:47 PM
So, I came up with this horrible idea last night, and figured that I would share it here:

-------------------------------------------
[Falcon, 100mn]

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Shadow Serpentis 100MN Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II

Damage Control II

With AB on it does 1312 m/s with a sig of 205. It has a measly 16.4k EHP, and a resist profile of 60.6%/65%/60.6%/56.2% for shields. It can do it's thing for 2:45, and has the grid and CPU left to mount a whoregun or launcher. Multispec jammers have a strength of 7.5 and an optimal of 48.8 km, whereas racial jammers have a strength of 11.3, and an optimal of 73.2 km.

If you decide "screw being able to GTFO, I like jam" you can swap the nanos for Signal Distortion Amplifier II's. This changes it into a 1109m/s boat with 17.4k EHP, and jam strengths of 8.97 and 13.5 for multispec and racial respectively.

I have not actually tried one yet, but if it isn't the world's stupidest idea, I might just.

FUUUUUUUU firstpoaster

WHY DID YOU GIVE FALCON USERS THIS IDEA?

It's not bad enough that I have to bring eccm to kill that falcon, now I have to bring webs as scramming it isn't enough :facepalm:

(Hell, why not drop the nanofibers for WCS while you're at it and you have a more or less invincible falcon vs a single ship.....)

dotfortun
May 18 2012, 03:12:02 PM
FUUUUUUUU firstpoaster

It's not bad enough that I have to bring eccm to kill that falcon, now I have to bring webs as scramming it isn't enough :facepalm:

(Hell, why not drop the nanofibers for WCS while you're at it and you have a more or less invincible falcon vs a single ship.....)

I can delete it if it makes things better. =(

Warmenhoven
May 18 2012, 03:36:14 PM
FUUUUUUUU firstpoaster

DO IT NOW

dotfortun
May 18 2012, 04:19:29 PM
FUUUUUUUU firstpoaster

DO IT NOW

The post is now poorly censored for security purposes and lulz. Also, a ready-made counter for this is a 100MN dual-web & ECCM'd Rapier. You can fit a full rack of tech 2 medium ACs to one of those. It is also faster than the Falcon and tankier, with a smaller sig.

LordsServant
May 18 2012, 05:04:31 PM
FUUUUUUUU firstpoaster

DO IT NOW

The post is now poorly censored for security purposes and lulz. Also, a ready-made counter for this is a 100MN dual-web & ECCM'd Rapier. You can fit a full rack of tech 2 medium ACs to one of those. It is also faster than the Falcon and tankier, with a smaller sig.

OH GOD A COUNTER TO MY NANO PROTEUS! MY LR SCRAM WONT STOP IT NOW /o\

Make it stop make it stooooooppppp! ;(

A FUCKING PONY GIF! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Tyrus Tenebros
May 18 2012, 05:31:31 PM
I like this guy

Also inb4 pony infraction

Helen
May 18 2012, 11:32:32 PM
First time I've had to hand out an infraction in Ship Setups for nearly 4 months good going Lords.
Clean up the posting in this thread or more infractions will follow.

LordsServant
May 18 2012, 11:53:16 PM
First time I've had to hand out an infraction in Ship Setups for nearly 4 months good going Lords.
Clean up the posting in this thread or more infractions will follow.

Yessir, my apologies for upsetting the status quo. Whiskey, boredom, and shitpoasting do not mix well, and I will endeavor to prevent such occurrences in the future.(Will stick to just posting fits/constructive criticism, along with staying away from these forums while drunk/buzzed)

Ophichius
June 15 2012, 05:35:59 PM
[Falcon, Falcon - Punch]
Damage Control II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 150
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Shield Boost Amplifier II

Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Hobgoblin II x2

----

This is absolutely retarded.

It also tanks 1300 DPS.

ASBs are silly.

-O

Rudolf Miller
June 15 2012, 06:29:57 PM
mind=blown....

Daneel Trevize
June 15 2012, 10:18:42 PM
It also has a whopping 2k shield HP, ~7 EHP. You had best stagger those reps well and even then I'm not sure it can actually rep that much without over-repping. And it does ~300dps but no web. And 52 seconds to kill or be killed (wtb ECM GTFO).
Awaiting lolmails.

Ophichius
June 15 2012, 10:28:47 PM
It also has a whopping 2k shield HP, ~7 EHP. You had best stagger those reps well and even then I'm not sure it can actually rep that much without over-repping. And it does ~300dps but no web. And 52 seconds to kill or be killed (wtb ECM GTFO).
Awaiting lolmails.

It wouldn't be my first (http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=5848089) falcon lolmail.

(Lesson on that one? If it looks like bait, smells like bait, and moves like bait, it's probably bait.)

-O

ry ry
June 18 2012, 09:35:45 AM
Awaiting lolmails.
turning off auto reload & auto repeat, dragging the ASBs to the top row of the UI and playing the F keys like guitar hero is the way forwards, clearly.

falcon hero.

Ophichius
June 18 2012, 11:49:54 AM
Two variants to address the EHP issue:

[Falcon, Falcon - Kick]
Damage Control II
Reactor Control Unit II

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Large Shield Extender II

Heavy Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x2

----

Lacks the overlapping reload coverage of the first fit, but gets similar rep/sec performance with a 21k EHP shield buffer and only slightly worse DPS.

[Falcon, Falcon - Dive]
Damage Control II

Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150
Large Shield Extender II

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x2

----

Dual-LASB setup, only 873/1104 DPS peak tank (non-heated/heated). Slightly better damage than the first fit, and a 16k EHP buffer.

turning off auto reload & auto repeat, dragging the ASBs to the top row of the UI and playing the F keys like guitar hero is the way forwards, clearly.

falcon hero.

BRB, chopping up Guitar Hero controller for new Eve peripheral.

-O