LordsServant
August 17 2012, 11:44:33 PM
Why don't we have one of these already?

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Applejack
3. Twilight Sparkle
4. Rainbow Dash
5. Fluttershy
6. The as yet unreleased new main pony coming in season 8 when hasbor decides we need a new one.
7-11. The other 5 new ponies as yet unreleased.
12. Surprise (She's a main pony right? Even if she didn't make it into the show and got replaced by Pinkie? =D)
13. Spike
14. Tom (Can't stop the Rock)
15-3005. Misc Ponies.

3006. Rarity. Horrible, bad bad, gold digging, advantage taking, non-generous(her virtue is generousity...REALLY?), birthday forgetting, spike ripping-off, slave labor using, pony.

Say what you will, but Rarity is p. horrible imo as of recent episodes. She's even worse if you take into account Fallout as Canon. (As I do).

Background ponies?

1. Big Macintosh (I connect most closely with him and Applejack irl - I work extremely hard, am kinda physical, and have fond memories of growing up on farms) =D
2. Vinyl Scratch (I fucking love music)
3. Octavia (I also love classical music)
4. Carrot Top (Did I mention I love music? Also, MictheMicrophone is awesome)
5. Cranky "Doodle" Donkey (PINKIE PIE!!!!!!!)
6. Colgate (I use colgate toothpaste as a direct result of this)

What are yours? =D

whispous
August 18 2012, 12:10:47 AM
Twilight
Rarity
Dashie
Fluttershy
Pinkie
Applejack

GreenYoshi
August 18 2012, 02:28:44 AM
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash and Twilight (seriously, they're tied)
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Applejack

Favourite background pony is Lyra (partly because of funny faces, mostly because of the fic Background Pony). Favourite pure fanfic pony is Littlepip, but I haven't been through any of the three spin-offs, so possibly subject to change.

Sakura Nihil
August 18 2012, 03:07:55 AM
Twilight
Pinkie
Dashie
Fluttershy
Rarity
Applejack

I really do like them all though, if I had to do a tier system...

Twilight / Pinkie
Dashie
Fluttershy
Rarity / Applejack

Nu11u5
August 18 2012, 04:22:23 AM
Mane Six:

Twilight / Rarity / Pinkie (depending on mood)
Dash
Fluttershy
Applejack (sorry AJ, you need more character development)

Background Six:

Luna
Derpy / Spitfire / Vinyl / Trixie / Dr Hooves

OTPs:

Spike + Rarity
Bon Bon + Lyra

SAI Peregrinus
August 18 2012, 10:12:22 AM
Fluttershy
Twilight
Pinkie
Derpy
Lyra (Short Skirts and Explosions' "Background Pony" version)
Luna
Octavia
Dashie
Spitfire
Littlepip
Glory
Calamity
Rampage
Blackjack
Applejack
Rarity

LordsServant
August 18 2012, 03:19:34 PM
If we get to include fanfic ponies.....

Rampage/Blackjack > all imo.

Honestly I prefer both of them near the beginning of PH, esp Rampage in her "GIVE NO FUCKS IMMA GET ALL HOPPED UP ON CRACK AND CURBSTOMP YOU" (literally). One of her best moments was in Flank..."give me EVERYTHING ahahahahahahahahahah" *goes on rampage*.

Eidolon
August 18 2012, 07:23:11 PM
Fluttershy, RD and Twilight are all best pony.

Applejack is best background pony.

Doomed Predator
August 18 2012, 08:08:42 PM
Twilight Sparkle
Fluttershy
Rarity
Rainbow Dash
Applejack
Pinkie Pie

whispous
August 18 2012, 10:58:27 PM
Fluttershy, RD and Twilight are all best pony.

Applejack is best background pony.

Oh buuuurn

telephone

dzajic
August 18 2012, 11:10:28 PM
Canon ponies:

Twilight (with or without OCD)
Fluttershy
RD
Rarity (oh the drama!)
Pinkamina Dianna Pie (what? that's her real name, right? :P)
Miss Southern Comfort

Luna... is very nice in fanart but we really see to little of her to judge.
Lyra (again completely due to fanon)
Derpy
Tia

If we add in OC characters... Well thanks to FoE Rarity goes up a place, Littlepip is the best pony with Twilight still second and Queen Whiskey taking 3rd place.

LordsServant
August 19 2012, 02:36:21 PM
Miss Southern Comfort

If we add in OC characters... Well thanks to FoE Rarity goes up a place, Littlepip is the best pony with Twilight still second and Queen Whiskey taking 3rd place.

That nickname for Applejack made me lol :)

+1 to you good sir.

How would Rarity go UP due to Foe? Act, I don't think you've read much of PH. :P Keep reading, keep reading....

Queen Whiskey, best pony. (I also happen to love mah whiskeh, so I can relate). =P

Verite Rendition
August 19 2012, 03:34:55 PM
Twilight
Rarity
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Rainbow Dash
Applejack

Though we all know that Luna is best pony, so I don't know why we keep trying to deny it.;)

dzajic
August 19 2012, 04:00:19 PM
How would Rarity go UP due to Foe? Act, I don't think you've read much of PH. :P Keep reading, keep reading....

You should really go on reading. In show Rarity is always torn. Sometimes being selfish egotistical drama queen to the point where everyone goes "and she is supposed to be element of generosity, lol?". And only sometimes does the show bother to reveal her generosity. I guess a lot of authors don't like that and make her much better person in fanfics than she is shown in the show.

In FoE... the Barer of Generosity gave so much for her friends. But its a big spoiler so I won't say more. Don't google it, don't check the wiki, just read the story. It was masterful writing even when I've read it with all the spoilers in my head from since before I decided to read the story. I can only guess how those parts of story will affect unspoiled readers.

Nu11u5
August 19 2012, 05:07:40 PM
Yah at little more FoE discussion...

When I first started reading I thought those 'items' were just a joke in reference to the game. Once their existance is explained and how Kkat worked them in, I got little pangs in my heart. Feels, man.

Rarity was always in my top three.

LordsServant
August 19 2012, 05:18:47 PM

You should really go on reading. In show Rarity is always torn. Sometimes being selfish egotistical drama queen to the point where everyone goes "and she is supposed to be element of generosity, lol?". And only sometimes does the show bother to reveal her generosity. I guess a lot of authors don't like that and make her much better person in fanfics than she is shown in the show.

In FoE... the Barer of Generosity gave so much for her friends. But its a big spoiler so I won't say more. Don't google it, don't check the wiki, just read the story. It was masterful writing even when I've read it with all the spoilers in my head from since before I decided to read the story. I can only guess how those parts of story will affect unspoiled readers.

I have read all of FoE and all that we have on PH so far. Kkat doesn't mention HOW exactly Rarity goes about making those.

Do you know how she LEARNED how to make them? She didn't just wake up one morning with that knowledge, if there were a pony geneva rights convention Rarity would be executed in 10 seconds flat. Keep reading PH, Rarity's generosity is more similar to Red Eye's than you'd think.

dzajic
August 19 2012, 05:41:06 PM
Oh sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were reading FoE and PH in parallel and didnt get to end of FoE yet.

Imho story says very damn clear just how the figurines were made and why. Rarity wanted her friends to be together again, and if she couldn't make that happen, she would give them all imprints of others, to not be alone and failing as they were in those last years. She tore out larger chunk of her soul to create those figurines. Littlepip notes that she's impressed that Rarity was strong enough to do something good with the Black Book. I remember the "redefining torture" part very well. But all the bad things Rarity did, she did onto herself in order to try and help them all.

And in the end it worked as those figurines were rather crucial to providing Big Happy Ending (tm)

LordsServant
August 19 2012, 05:51:41 PM
Oh sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were reading FoE and PH in parallel and didnt get to end of FoE yet.

Imho story says very damn clear just how the figurines were made and why. Rarity wanted her friends to be together again, and if she couldn't make that happen, she would give them all imprints of others, to not be alone and failing as they were in those last years. She tore out larger chunk of her soul to create those figurines. Littlepip notes that she's impressed that Rarity was strong enough to do something good with the Black Book. I remember the "redefining torture" part very well. But all the bad things Rarity did, she did onto herself in order to try and help them all.

And in the end it worked as those figurines were rather crucial to providing Big Happy Ending (tm)

Without trying to take this too far off topic.

Rarity didn't just read the spell off the black book and create them just like that. She kidnapped and literally tortured/condemned to a fate worse than death literally hundreds of ponies in her quest to make them. And truth be told, she didn't even plan on making them, rather, she was working on something else and Fluttershy talked her out of it. Her making them was more of atonement for all the atrocities she'd committed, and she deserved every bit of pain, and then some for what she did.

Nu11u5
August 19 2012, 06:05:43 PM
Well.. damn.

Then again, PH has mixed canonity with FoE. And at the end of the day they are all fanfic.

dzajic
August 19 2012, 06:54:56 PM

Rarity didn't just read the spell off the black book and create them just like that. She kidnapped and literally tortured/condemned to a fate worse than death literally hundreds of ponies in her quest to make them. And truth be told, she didn't even plan on making them, rather, she was working on something else and Fluttershy talked her out of it. Her making them was more of atonement for all the atrocities she'd committed, and she deserved every bit of pain, and then some for what she did.

How the hell did I miss that? Is that from PH or FoE?

I really don't think there is any talk of that in FoE...
There is orb when she suggests idea of souljar armor to Applejack.
Then scene where proto Enclave armor is demonstrated and they all walk over that carpet that took imprints to be transferred into already souljar-ified figurines.
And the one ofc when she makes Snips and Snails cut her soul to shreds in order to create those souljars.

If there is anything else in FoE I missed it. If its in PH... I obviously haven't gotten to that part yet.

Doomed Predator
August 19 2012, 07:27:44 PM
Any conflicts between FoE and PH should be in favor of FoE. But nowhere not in FoE fanon or the show do they show Rarity as horrible as lords makes her out to be. In order to be generous you have to have stuff to give away. I never finished FoE(I am currently rereading it and am on chapter 30), but I do remember Kkat made Rarity and her end to be exactly what you would expect from the element of generosity.

LordsServant
August 19 2012, 08:31:31 PM

How the hell did I miss that? Is that from PH or FoE?

I really don't think there is any talk of that in FoE...
There is orb when she suggests idea of souljar armor to Applejack.
Then scene where proto Enclave armor is demonstrated and they all walk over that carpet that took imprints to be transferred into already souljar-ified figurines.
And the one ofc when she makes Snips and Snails cut her soul to shreds in order to create those souljars.

If there is anything else in FoE I missed it. If its in PH... I obviously haven't gotten to that part yet.

You haven't, it's a ways down from where I think you are. Rarity didn't listen to Applejack at all, and gave no fucks continuing her quite horrible research. Of all the ponies she experimented on, only one survived the procedure mostly intact(That we know of). :P The figurines weren't the original idea, soul armor was, and it took quite a bit (I don't want to spoil it for you) for her to consider giving it up. And, again, as I mentioned - the figurines were sort of a "oh my god what have I done I'm a monster...I must make up for this somehow" last ditch effort, rather than the idea from the beginning.

Keep reading PH, you have no idea :P

EDIT - Doomed predator, there are no major conflicts (that I know of) between PH and FoE. PH just shows more about what actually happened, explains the motivations, and how things were able to get so horrible wrong. I'm not out to get Rarity (ok maybe a little, I really really don't like her); I'm just explaining things the way they are and that the end product isn't all that it seems.

The biggest question being - do the ends justify the means? Read and find out.

My apologies for driving this waaaay off track :P

That said, Rarity is partially responsible for creating one of my favorite Ponies, Rampage, altho I can't say Rampage is all that happy about it. :(

Mortalitis
August 19 2012, 08:41:55 PM
Way to derail your own thread. If I wanted to read about FO:E I would go in that thread.

Anyway, Twilight is best pony, although Rarity gets the best lines.

Takon Orlani
August 19 2012, 09:32:59 PM
Rarity. Best pony.
Why?
She has the most flaws, and the most to teach everyone.
Twilight is second.
Fluttershy third and tied with rainbow.
Applejack.

Pinkie pie left out for fairness.

whispous
August 19 2012, 10:11:30 PM
I got negrepped for my choices in this thread. What.

August 19 2012 09:45:22 PM
tHornton
Thread: Favorite Mane 6 Pony Rankings + Moar

i respectfully disagree but didnt want to shit up the thread

Evelgrivion
August 19 2012, 10:46:44 PM

tHornton

Wat.

My favorites, in order:

Tied: Twilight Sparkle & Pinkie Pie
Tied: Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy
Tied: Applejack & Rarity

Regardless, I like all of them.

Nu11u5
August 19 2012, 11:16:06 PM
I got the same thing...

tHornton

Neg repping over favorite pony now? Chill out folks.

Although, when I first saw this thread the first thing in my mind was "nerd fight!". Not proven wrong - obviously someone's jimmies have been russled.

LordsServant
August 20 2012, 12:13:47 AM
I like my ice cream cones with russled jimmies.

That said, same thing happened to me. I enjoy my negreps tho, so not really concerned. :p

My apologies for shitting up my own thread. ><

That said, without russling aforementioned jimmies further - is there any particular reason WHY Applejack Southern Comfort is at the bottom/near the bottom of so many ppl's lists? :p

whispous
August 20 2012, 12:23:04 AM
Not cute enough, not actually got enough comedy personality traits.

dzajic
August 20 2012, 12:32:20 AM
Because she's a background pony?

In all seriousness she does appear underrepresented in screentime. I guess its "not enough character building or epic momnets or lulz monets provided". I won't say she's bland or anything... just that all others had their moments and more of that than AJ ever had. Twilight is the main character and is adorkable and has hilarious OCD issues. Rainbow Dash is source of so many memes and due to that and show portrayal we do consider her the most awesome pony. Fluttershy is... Fluttershy... you can't but not adore her if you have a trace of heart in you.

Now, Rarity, AJ and Pinkie. They have to take 2nd group 3 slots. Order? Hard to tell but... Pinkie is breaker of the 4th wall and has the entire Pinkamina gag running for her. Rarity can get really annoying at times so in theory AJ should come before her. But otoh... "The Worst Possible Thing!" and "Such a drama queen, respectively speaking"... those lines are eternal. AJ is nice, hardworking, honest, can be a bit stubborn and hedstrong but overall has least amount of flaws from all others. Maybe its that that keeps making people ranking her low.

Nu11u5
August 20 2012, 12:50:01 AM
AJ plays the straight-woman in a cast of eccentrics, lacks screen time and character development. And what little she does get is almost always "I have to work hard to save the family farm".

Mortalitis
August 20 2012, 12:58:00 AM
I too seem to have been negrepped :|

AJ is just, meh. Not really an interesting character but I will say she is the most consistent...

LordsServant
August 20 2012, 01:07:08 AM
Interesting thoughts. I guess I'm just more predisposed to AJ due to my RL I guess.

Dzajc - how would Pinkie take second tier? She's had a ton of screentime, and totally steals episodes taht aren't even supposed to be hers. For example, fluttershy's "omg im a pushover" Pinkie Pie owned the beginning of that episode, mentally screwing over that shopkeeper. (Rarity ofc went full golddigger and took advantage of that nerdy pony 2 seconds later, which wasn't very nice). Also, speaking of Applejack, she pretty much took over that episode with her Chimicherichanga and YOU BROKE A PINKIE PROMISE stuff. Also "Rarity catch me" "wait wha..?" was pretty hilarious. :)

I agree with you on Applejack's lack of screentime, but Pinkie Pie ranks ahead of Fluttershy in terms of exposure and screentime imo.

Maybe it is the "I am normal, hard-working, and old-fashioned" that does her in. She's just not "different"/crazy enough to attract tons of attention?

August 20 2012 12:23:13 AM
Amantus
faggot

The chairman of my fan club apparently wants in on this discussion.

Would Amantus make a good pony, and where would he fit on your lists?

Considering his mancrush on me (Literally every 3rd negrep I get is from him) I'd have to say he'd rank somewhere in my top 6 I think, tho Pinkie Pie still beats him. What do you guys think? =D

Doomed Predator
August 20 2012, 02:00:22 AM
You guys know that th neg repped you because he's perpetualy butthurt right? Not because of your lists.

Takon Orlani
August 20 2012, 02:46:30 AM

tHornton

I figured it was my Ron Paul posting, but it was this thread. dafuq

SAI Peregrinus
August 20 2012, 05:15:56 AM

tHornton

I figured it was my Ron Paul posting, but it was this thread. dafuq

Same negrep.

I find it interesting that he disagrees with our lists. I wonder how he knows better than we do what our preferences are.

On AJ & Rarity: I think I like them less because they're the two that least represent their element of harmony. Twilight is always magical, though she sometimes refrains from using it (trixie/winter wrap up). Pinkie really does bring the laughter/partying. Dash hasn't abandoned her friends. Flutterrage/confidence Fluttershy are about her finding a balance between kindness and her own needs.
Rarity often seems covetous, not generous. Applejack lied to her friends because she didn't win at sports. She's also been dishonest about needing help (harvest ALL the apples!) with herself and her friends.
While all have some conflicts with their eleements Applejack and Rarity's conflicts seem trivial. That's why I put them at the bottom of my list.

Blutreiter
August 21 2012, 10:48:28 AM
Fluttershy
Applejack
Pinkie Pie
Twilight
Rainbow Dash
Rarity

Takon Orlani
August 21 2012, 12:45:02 PM
I don't understand Rarity hate. I may not share her interests, but she is by FAR the most interesting.

LordsServant
August 21 2012, 08:13:58 PM
I don't understand Rarity hate. I may not share her interests, but she is by FAR the most interesting.

Most interesting huh?

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Dat+plot+_5c79a1f177bc55b1b6db93226474dcfe.png

All joking aside, SAI you do bring up a good point. But all of the other ponies have the same thing pop up at least once. Pinkie Pie goes all emo in Party of One, Twilight refuses to use magic in that Trixie Episode, Rainbow dash isn't awesome for most of her Sonic Rainboom episode, and Fluttershy became Flutterbitch in that Minotaur Episode. There's at least one episode where they go against the grain of their element.

That said, Rarity seems to take advantage of ppl/blow ppl off every other episode...so I can understand with her. :P

Mortalitis
August 21 2012, 11:43:04 PM
Its moments like this (3min 18s if the vid doesn't auto-start at the right point)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvv9aTQV7l8&feature=player_detailpage#t=198s

and the scene afterwards that make Rarity awesome. They don't have to have mental problems to be a good character :|

SAI Peregrinus
August 21 2012, 11:53:03 PM

Most interesting huh?

All joking aside, SAI you do bring up a good point. But all of the other ponies have the same thing pop up at least once. Pinkie Pie goes all emo in Party of One, Twilight refuses to use magic in that Trixie Episode, Rainbow dash isn't awesome for most of her Sonic Rainboom episode, and Fluttershy became Flutterbitch in that Minotaur Episode. There's at least one episode where they go against the grain of their element.

That said, Rarity seems to take advantage of ppl/blow ppl off every other episode...so I can understand with her. :P

Yeah, they all have to deal with going against their element. It just seems like Rarity deals with it all the time. Also, Dash's element is Loyalty, not Awesome. Also, they all return to going with their element at the end of the episode... except Rarity. EG She doesn't turn generous at the end of the Diamond Dog episode, no, she takes all their gems. Literally whines them out of all their wealth so she can keep it for herself.

LordsServant
August 22 2012, 12:38:22 AM

Most interesting huh?

Yeah, they all have to deal with going against their element. It just seems like Rarity deals with it all the time. Also, Dash's element is Loyalty, not Awesome. Also, they all return to going with their element at the end of the episode... except Rarity. EG She doesn't turn generous at the end of the Diamond Dog episode, no, she takes all their gems. Literally whines them out of all their wealth so she can keep it for herself.

Derp, ur right. How the hell did I think Awesome was an Element of Friendship lol? ><

Mortalis I'm not saying she doesn't have her moments, but do you need to be Greedy/constantly acting like noone but yourself matters all the time to be a good character?

Rarity is the most self centered out of all the ponies; she would probably sell them all out for a giant bag of diamonds and a pretty dress.

I can't really see any of the other ponies doing something so ridiculous. Pinkie Pie was at her worst when she thought her friends didn't care about her anymore - she cares so much about them that she goes literally crazy when she doesn't think they want to be with her anymore. I can't really see Rarity caring at all in the same way tbh.

SAI Peregrinus
August 22 2012, 02:18:29 AM
I think it's not that I dislike Rarity as presented in episode 1, but where she's been taken as a character. Rarity could have been far nicer and still interesting, instead she just doesn't seem to fit.

Takon Orlani
August 22 2012, 02:55:55 AM

Most interesting huh?

Derp, ur right. How the hell did I think Awesome was an Element of Friendship lol? ><

Mortalis I'm not saying she doesn't have her moments, but do you need to be Greedy/constantly acting like noone but yourself matters all the time to be a good character?

Rarity is the most self centered out of all the ponies; she would probably sell them all out for a giant bag of diamonds and a pretty dress.

I can't really see any of the other ponies doing something so ridiculous. Pinkie Pie was at her worst when she thought her friends didn't care about her anymore - she cares so much about them that she goes literally crazy when she doesn't think they want to be with her anymore. I can't really see Rarity caring at all in the same way tbh.

APparently not, she had that chance in season 2, but didnt.

LordsServant
August 22 2012, 10:14:31 PM

Most interesting huh?

APparently not, she had that chance in season 2, but didnt.

When was this? (I don't remember it).