PDA

View Full Version : Fallout Equestria Universe - Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS FOR NEW CONTENT]

Pages : [1] 2 3

GreenYoshi
August 2 2012, 04:43:43 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KsLvk0HKgSE/TfyITeSgGHI/AAAAAAAAGG0/fKv8GTOQAW4/s320/fallout__equestria_by_arconius-d3iroa5.jpg

As a thank you note (and subliminal promise to be good to our generous forum overlords), let's give this a shot.

Since the megathread is currently being taken over by FO:E chatter, this thread is now the place for Fallout Equestria Universe discussions. Spoilers in this thread are expected, but please don't go out of your way to ruin a story for someone. If you are looking this thread, do not complain about getting spoiled. If possible, use spoilers for brand-new content. Feel free to post anything related to Fallout Equestria in here, including side fics, pictures, and anything else that crosses your mind.

Old but good pics in the spoiler.

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/1648b04fbd6271f84fc4b11bf36fbc02/23536%20-%20Alicorn%20Fallout%20fallout_equestria%20flutter shy%20gun%20original_character%20pegasus%20propaga nda%20propaganda_poster%20Velvet_Remedy%20zebra.jp g

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1NnR6kZVLdg/TdbsaRLPcHI/AAAAAAAAEu8/pgIXJfDOgIA/s1600/15163+-+artist+john_joseco+Calamity+Fallout+Littlepip+ori ginal_character+Velvet_Remedy.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57090/falloutequestria/images/5/52/Calamity.png

Please keep anything not FO:E related to other threads, or the MLP Megathread. If this doesn't catch on, feel free to delete.

dzajic
August 2 2012, 05:44:05 PM
First?

I've finally done it. Longest book I've ever read. By far. On and off line. Did all other stuff well so I could just tell my literature teacher in high school I just wasn't able to read "War and Peace".
Ending was... good. Really good. Satisfying. Just a bit annoyed that both finding last two elements and activation of GECK were off screen. Everything was good. I can't believe that even being this long I feel like story was rushed at times and important stuff happened off screen.

I hereby also officially apologize to KKat and all fans of good storytelling for ever comparing the situation to end of FO3.

Will write more later, need to have breakfast (7pm here btw, yes breakfast.... I kinda tend to lose time quickly when I read) and actually study. (With these tormented eyes!?)

PS. I wonder will I brave PH. You say that its much darker when it comes to what characters come trough (or dont come trough); but like in all my postapoc reading, saddest moments were learning fates of Mane 6 and seeing how Equestira went to hell.

How is "New Beginnings"? Being about an Alicorn sure has potential, but also I expect hugely reliant on authors talent to pull it off.

Ophichius
August 2 2012, 06:10:58 PM
Just a thought, can we put a big [SPOILERS INSIDE] tag on the thread title?

dzajic, I'd recommend reading PH. It weaves an excellent narrative in its own right, and gives a bit more insight into the world before the fall.

-O

dzajic
August 2 2012, 07:34:33 PM
Here I am with coffee cup in front of me and Horizons Ch1 on my screen. Yeey so much productive work on my uni project done today.

Anyway. Hopefully not a major spoiler question for PH? Please oh please, don't tell me Blackjakc is also stuck with only telekinesis for the entire story? Its... boring to read same thing again. :( Or at least that's what I fear now.

PS. Oh stable 99 u y so fucked up. Question. According to wiki, stable 99 was a control stable? So all fucking up was not Scoot's responsibility? (In that case, thank God once for a change that something horrible about a Stable isn't Scootaloo's mistake) Its inhabitants turned it into shit?

LordsServant
August 2 2012, 09:29:08 PM
Here I am with coffee cup in front of me and Horizons Ch1 on my screen. Yeey so much productive work on my uni project done today.

Anyway. Hopefully not a major spoiler question for PH? Please oh please, don't tell me Blackjakc is also stuck with only telekinesis for the entire story? Its... boring to read same thing again. :( Or at least that's what I fear now.

PS. Oh stable 99 u y so fucked up. Question. According to wiki, stable 99 was a control stable? So all fucking up was not Scoot's responsibility? (In that case, thank God once for a change that something horrible about a Stable isn't Scootaloo's mistake) Its inhabitants turned it into shit?

Do you want spoilers or not? :P

If yes, read the spoilers, if not, then stop asking :P

Blackjack and Telekinesis (Not a major spoiler)

No she's not stuck with just TK. Theres some Twilight-Tier spoilers involved, so don't ask again unless you want some MAJOR plot lines spoiled.

Stable 99 Fuckery(Some somewhat serious spoilers, but nothing too big)

They were given a ton of birth control and a nice stable and told to just do w/e they felt was normal. What ended up happening was the Overmare at one time had a male as a foal. The male's and some females all said "He should be the next overmare." Others disagreed that it should be a female-only position. There was a gigantic civil war which nearly destroyed the stable (thus leading to it's condition in Blackjack's era) and is the "incident" they all reference. After that, they basically wiped out all the bucks but 20 of each race for breeding purposes as an extreme "female supremacist" group got power in the aftermath of the incident.

There are still several "modifications" to the stable that are active from this incident, and one plays a HUGE role in the story.

dzajic
August 2 2012, 10:00:33 PM
Ok thanks. That should satisfy my curiously enough to allow me to concentrate on actually reading the story. Though I don't think I'll be able to "blitz" trough PH in mere three weeks.

General FoE comments. It was really nice touch ( I mean it was really black and hard point for characters but good reading) when author started making everyone realize that even raiders they were killing were people. And with none (other than Steel Hooves) of main crew being a trained soldier... they deal with it as poorly as any sane human being would. Story does a really nice job of deconstruction, both of general "RPG main character" and usual role playing tropes and expectations. Though deconstructing of "Fallout the game" started long before Arbu with the Party Time Mint-al subplot.

I think I've said it already. But so much about story meta properties clicked when I read that KKat has been GM-ing for 15 years.

Also authors determination to get the story done could be a good explanation of at least part of the reason why ending couple of chapters seam rushed.

Sure there are plot holes. First major (but from what you guys have told me, one that PH starts to cover) is "How the buck did Princesses and Elements allow Equestrian to go to war in the first place!?" Second major is two fold. One would expect war would have resummoned or resurrected Windigo spirits. And deaths of M6 should have caused Discord to be free once again (on this actually we do hear in story conversations). Minor one, "Curios Tale of Midnight Shower" events should have taken place long before the end (I got understanding it was taking place not long after Luna took throne). And she had ordered a ride back to Canterlot. Someone should have noticed she was kinda... hanged in her cottage and all that.

Edit.
@Kirjave post
Hmm. Thanks, I didn't know that.

Just reread last chapter, epilogue and afterward, trying to not miss things due to hurry.

I once again apologize, no way to compare the ending with either FO3 ending or "join" ending of Tactics. Littlepip can unplug whenever she needs, but its not very smart for her due to all the physical damage from all the wounds and pink mist and broadcasters. In theory, as long as Spike is alive she could also leave the hub for a picnic. :) Considering all she's been trough, it didn't end being that bad deal for her.

Felt really sorry seeing how much has Celestia's spirit diminished. Ofc reader can dream that one day in future of FoE, when they rebuild a magitech civilization there is chance for both Tia and Littlepip to walk out of the hub as alicorns.

Edit 3.
More on the ending. Much more hopeful and promising than any of Fallout endings. Though that is maybe because the problem of game sequels having to continue the setting as grimdark postapoc and belittling all the good you did in earlier games, its been a while since I finished FO or FO2 play-trough so I'm not certain. But this isn't the place to whine about Fallout.

Kirjave
August 3 2012, 12:27:57 AM
I think the reason why there is no Discord or Windigo spirits in FoE is because the plot draft was pretty much closed when episodes that featured them aired. IIRC KKat finished the story somewhere late December 2011, about 3 months after The Return of Harmony and not even 1 month after Hearth's Warming Eve. I don't think it was possible to incorporate them into the story in any meaningful way that far into writing it.

Zeppelin
August 3 2012, 11:26:56 AM
More on the ending. Much more hopeful and promising than any of Fallout endings. Though that is maybe because the problem of game sequels having to continue the setting as grimdark postapoc and belittling all the good you did in earlier games, its been a while since I finished FO or FO2 play-trough so I'm not certain. But this isn't the place to whine about Fallout.

I'm personally of the opinion that it fits FoE so much better if it did not have a happy ending. Leaving a glimmer of hope that things might improve works, but for a setting like Fallout, I think it fits in line with how the story has been told in general.

That said, I'm generally a fan of "bad" endings. :)

Fortior
August 4 2012, 12:12:36 AM
I think the reason why there is no Discord or Windigo spirits in FoE is because the plot draft was pretty much closed when episodes that featured them aired. IIRC KKat finished the story somewhere late December 2011, about 3 months after The Return of Harmony and not even 1 month after Hearth's Warming Eve. I don't think it was possible to incorporate them into the story in any meaningful way that far into writing it.

Yeah, this is pretty much it. Same thing with Candence and Twilights brother (who held a goddamn pink shield bubble over Canterlot!) and the Changelings, who definately would've been awesome.

And the reason for the war escalating and going to shit is quite nicely explained in Project Horizons as well.

Ophichius
August 4 2012, 01:04:20 AM
I was pretty sure that Shining Armor's bubble shield was a quiet nod to FO:E as soon as I saw it. The devs know their fanbase.

-O

Fortior
August 4 2012, 11:21:02 AM
I was pretty sure that Shining Armor's bubble shield was a quiet nod to FO:E as soon as I saw it. The devs know their fanbase.

-O

I'm not too sure, I just think it was a happy coincidence. Devs/Story writers aren't supposed to read fanfiction due to IP-concerns, and with the production lead-times I think they'd be hard pressed to squeeze in such a big plot device that late. But Little Pip in Luna Eclipsed along with this certainly paints a certain picture... If they make Steelhooves a character however I'll give up :)

Muffinsrevenger
August 4 2012, 04:27:09 PM
Going to have to do a writeup for this thread
Before that however, a note that blew my mind alot from when i re-read the first bits of PH during the last few days of holidays, one of of the stories insane little details that just... ah, can't really find words for it

After fluttershys medical center stasis pods problemfixing trouble, one of blackjacks strange dreams involve her first kill, or rather the first time she is tasked with bringing one of the stables males to medical to be put down
She describes how she puts it off for a bit, slacks around and then eventually gets the task done
She leads him to the medibay, he gets an injection and death follows, nice and calm

Later in the story (after the stable-99-revisit, don't have the exact part of it) blackjack describes the long a long walk to the medical bay with an old buck with the same striped mane that she has, while it's not explicitly stated what it describes is blackjack leading her father to his execution, the point of it being him stating that "it's not what you are given, but what you do with it that matters"
I always found that whole section absolutly gutwrenching, but there is another thing to it

In the first passage i described, Blackjack is talking about the same event, the mane are the same on both of

The first thing time she is asked to take someone to medical to be put down, she is tasked with taking her own father, and she does it willingly due to living her old mindset of "don't think about it"
The first thing the overmare does is asking her to be part in killing a bit of herself, and her lack of thinking makes her do it

Compared to a lot of the evil and cruel things that happen in the story to her and others, that event still holds the place pretty far up on the "OH GOD WHY" scale

dzajic
August 4 2012, 06:09:45 PM
Not really on topic but still. So I never played FO3. Playing New Vegas, leveled and raised my science and med skills recently. Never checked full list of craftables on wiki or anything similar. Campfire, lets check for any new craftables. "Party time mint... ah sorry, mentats". My mind broke for a moment there, and I was somewhere... very far from Nevada Wasteland.

Muffinsrevenger
August 4 2012, 06:47:07 PM
Not really on topic but still. So I never played FO3. Playing New Vegas, leveled and raised my science and med skills recently. Never checked full list of craftables on wiki or anything similar. Campfire, lets check for any new craftables. "Party time mint... ah sorry, mentats". My mind broke for a moment there, and I was somewhere... very far from Nevada Wasteland.

Yeah, happens alot

Worst so far i think was when i found a can of "chlorine" in one of the stores in freeside

Ophichius
August 4 2012, 06:53:42 PM

Haha, that's pretty awesome. I will admit that I too picked up FNV after reading FO:E, and have a pretty strong aversion to using party time mentats due to FO:E. Also, good choice picking up New Vegas. It's still got loads of flaws related to the engine and the short dev time that Obsidian got shafted with, but it's a far greater game than FO3.

Also, since it's tangentially-related, if you have Old World Blues you might want to pick this up: http://www.mediafire.com/?pc65viprulij6lb (I'd link the demonstration videos but they're full of spoilers) It's a rather talkative smartsuit that now spews pony-related voice clips.

Also there's a mod to put Lil Macintosh in the game: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/43934

Going to spoiler some off-topic Fallout modding discussion (not actual FNV spoilers):

As far as FNV mods go, I'd recommend grabbing a few of the quality of life mods:

First for any heavy modding, you're going to want Fallout Mod Manager: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36901

I'd recommend EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements, it doesn't change gameplay, but it really spices up the look of combat: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42666

WMX - Weapon Mods Expanded is really nice, it makes basically every weapon moddable in lore-friendly ways: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39651

Which leads to The Weapon Mod Menu, which lets you demod weapons and is generally just a nice addition: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44515

I'd grab the Weapon Retexture Pack too, it's a very, very high quality retexture of all the vanilla weapons: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38285

The oHUD mod lets you tweak every aspect of your HUD to get it to display (and hide) whatever you want: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44757

You'll need to grab the Mod Configuration Menu to make it work correctly though: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42507

That's all for quality of life mods. There are some really cool gameplay-changing mods out there, if you're interested I can do another post. (Or you know, dig up the proper thread in Other Games and post there like I should.)

-O

dzajic
August 4 2012, 07:30:06 PM
Oh I'm definitely getting Lil Mac. Thanks for info. Currently using only Mojave Mission whatever fix compilation mod.

And so much yaaap to the untold question. It was FoE that finally got me to try out NV.

Edit. The ponies have finally gotten to me. If anyone ever told me a modded weapon in TES/Fallout game would make me go daaaaw and watery eyed at same time...

LordsServant
August 4 2012, 08:41:20 PM
Oh I'm definitely getting Lil Mac. Thanks for info. Currently using only Mojave Mission whatever fix compilation mod.

And so much yaaap to the untold question. It was FoE that finally got me to try out NV.

Edit. The ponies have finally gotten to me. If anyone ever told me a modded weapon in TES/Fallout game would make me go daaaaw and watery eyed at same time...

Get ahold o urself man ur making me go all....daawwww bAhahahahaha./me sniffles and wipes tears. Its freakin beautiful man.....

Takon Orlani
August 5 2012, 06:50:25 PM
Lets throw out the honorable mentions for Pink Eyes and Heroes. Both good spinoffs. Pink Eyes has completed and is short, I got a bit sad at the end (no joke).

Heroes so far is FAR FAR more focused than PH, but at half the length it has plenty of time to visit namek still (+rep to you if you get the reference).
Heroes has a MUCH shorter list of characters, and while it assaults you with many seemingly different factions to start with, it all helps you relate with the dimwitted MC who can't make heads or tails of the factions either.

I think it is nearing the 2/3rds dont point. I'm probably wrong though.

Pink eyes is just good, go read it.

Now for my gripes with PH:

Leave namek, wrap it up, we get it.

It's becoming commonplace to be face to face with a deadly deamon fire horse smooze acidy thing soul sucking radiation thing. It stops thrilling me about the 4th or 5th time.

Let move the plot up and finish the story. Shouldn't there have been a certain explosion by now in a certain valley?
I get that when you're out to save the world there are usually time for side quests, but this is getting silly.

There had better be a clear path to the conclusion in the next chapter, I'm tired of being on Namek.

Thats one thing the original story got right: even though its over 600k words, you never feel like you're trapped on namek.

Muffinsrevenger
August 5 2012, 09:53:10 PM
Speaking of pinkeyes,
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ClrsuyIDK64/UB63gsrdhtI/AAAAAAAABwM/5eta1hCW1zw/s1600/Puppysmiles.png

dzajic
August 5 2012, 10:27:50 PM
Humanoid enemies in PinkEyes? Space suits? Do I even want to know? Advice please, should I pause PH and go read PinkEyes?

Nu11u5
August 5 2012, 10:45:37 PM
I haven't read Pink Eyes, but I'm assuming that for one reason or another she needs to breath pink cloud to survive, hence the suit.

Ophichius
August 5 2012, 11:15:32 PM
I haven't read Pink Eyes, but I'm assuming that for one reason or another she needs to breath pink cloud to survive, hence the suit.

Very minor FO:E-related spoiler about that.

She's a Canterlot ghoul, the suit's fused with her. She was in it when the pink cloud hit.

-O

Nu11u5
August 5 2012, 11:33:42 PM
Follow up Q:
So is she actually breathing pink cloud or just leaching it? From FO:E I know that Canterlot Ghouls were mostly immune to its effects in low concentrations, but they didn't need it. The pink cloud might leach from materials for a while, but not constantly (except for Mouse, but that was because she still had the corrupted talisman inside her gut). Or is all the art I see of Pink Eyes main character having her suit filled with pink cloud just a common artistic liberty?

I guess a question would be, is her suit ever not filled with pink could and why not?

dzajic
August 6 2012, 12:32:17 AM
Pink Eyes related spoilers. So I kinda read the description on wiki.

Oh sadly for her, she is no mere Canterlot ghoul. Not even close.

Euuuuw. Really Fluttershy? Necromantic soul binding talismans on children's hazmat suits? I don't know how bad PH really gets later on (just at ch4), but just reading description what Puppysmiles is makes me confused on whether do I want to puke or break down crying. I'll give it a try but... Jesus Christ, just that description is more WRONG then reading about Twilight's mom fate in FoE.

Nu11u5
August 6 2012, 01:09:23 AM
Twilight's mom fate in FoE.
Why did you have to remind me :'(

Her entire story was one of the sadest parts in FO:E for me.

Takon Orlani
August 6 2012, 01:41:22 AM

Euuuuw. Really Fluttershy? Necromantic soul binding talismans on children's hazmat suits? I don't know how bad PH really gets later on (just at ch4), but just reading description what Puppysmiles is makes me confused on whether do I want to puke or break down crying. I'll give it a try but... Jesus Christ, just that description is more WRONG then reading about Twilight's mom fate in FoE.
Yes, but PS is a GREAT MC.

Nu11u5
August 6 2012, 06:03:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VbLHD.jpg

Muffinsrevenger
August 6 2012, 06:28:13 AM

Sad as it may be, Puppysmiles defeats all sadness by being stupidly adorable and cheerful even while being shoot at, with a few exceptions

..like "visting father", where the adorable is what turns the whole section stupidly soul-crushing, or the last parts where she finally catches up with mom

Ophichius
August 6 2012, 06:34:38 AM
A toggle-locked action on an assault rifle? That seems like it would be -really- unsafe.

On the other hand, that whole design is pretty curious, it looks like the artist was trying to make something that was recognizably a gun, but also suitable to be manipulated with hooves. I'm not sure how the case ejection actually works on that thing without bouncing the shells off the underside of the scope.

-O

LordsServant
August 6 2012, 08:42:39 AM
dzajc - one of PH's best (but admittedly dark as FUCK) chapters is chapter 6. I loved it, it really showcases Somber's incredible writing skills, but it stays with you for days. FOR DAYS MAN! /o\

dzajic
August 6 2012, 09:43:53 AM
Managed to actually read PinkEyes Ch1. Damn... ignorance is bliss. I'm just terrified of moment when that protective shield of ignorance breaks. And writer is trying to make all those horrible things not hit as hard as they could. But still... Watcher's/Spike's BSOD and signing off the comms reminds the reader too well that while Puppysmiles may be protected by her innocence and ignorance, it doesn't lessen the soul wrenching horror of her situation one bit.

And after I turned off my PC and went to sleep. Dear God, as I lay there, as usual thinking about what I've just been reading, for just a second the image of my neighbor's 5 y.o. kid flashed in front of my eyes. Almost vomit inducing wave of nausea followed.

I think I'll try to read them slowly in parallel (PH and PE that is). Why? Because I'm a masochist who appreciates good writing.

Shade Millith
August 6 2012, 11:46:17 AM
Managed to actually read PinkEyes Ch1. Damn... ignorance is bliss. I'm just terrified of moment when that protective shield of ignorance breaks. And writer is trying to make all those horrible things not hit as hard as they could. But still... Watcher's/Spike's BSOD and signing off the comms reminds the reader too well that while Puppysmiles may be protected by her innocence and ignorance, it doesn't lessen the soul wrenching horror of her situation one bit.

And after I turned off my PC and went to sleep. Dear God, as I lay there, as usual thinking about what I've just been reading, for just a second the image of my neighbor's 5 y.o. kid flashed in front of my eyes. Almost vomit inducing wave of nausea followed.

I think I'll try to read them slowly in parallel (PH and PE that is). Why? Because I'm a masochist who appreciates good writing.

This was one of the most wonderful things about Pink Eyes. You will be feeling that for quite some time, that feeling there's a dangling knife over her innocence.

Muffinsrevenger
August 6 2012, 06:40:47 PM

If this is your recation to the early bits of pinkeyes, then the later bits of PE is going to turn you into a sobbing wreak

I know the feeling though, and it's what makes reading stuff from this universe so absolutly mind-bogglingly fantastic

dzajic
August 7 2012, 07:34:36 PM
Note to self, stop googling and checking wiki. It always leads to Keter level spoiler incidents.

Raider virus, vault 99. Kill all the red dots. It wasn't even the wiki that got me. I was googling for PH artworks. Found a series of "y u no make sense" like pictures describing Blackjacks troubled mind. One was "kill all red dots, but they were all red". And a completely separate pic on devientart showing a pony in Vault 99 suit with blood all over him and description megaspoilery saying "stable 99 victim of raider virus". Also, all artwork shows Scotch Tape, but BJ left her in the vault. So she obviously returns to vault at some time. And then I added two and two together.

I's that the very bad thing from Chapter 6? Is that when she returns to V99, save Scotch Tape and kill her mother and every other friend and acquaintance she had in the vault?

Wiki is spoiler, deviantart is spoiler, pictures on EQD page about fic are spoilers... Gaaaahhhaaaaa!!!!

Muffinsrevenger
August 7 2012, 08:40:22 PM
Note to self, stop googling and checking wiki. It always leads to Keter level spoiler incidents.

Raider virus, vault 99. Kill all the red dots. It wasn't even the wiki that got me. I was googling for PH artworks. Found a series of "y u no make sense" like pictures describing Blackjacks troubled mind. One was "kill all red dots, but they were all red". And a completely separate pic on devientart showing a pony in Vault 99 suit with blood all over him and description megaspoilery saying "stable 99 victim of raider virus". Also, all artwork shows Scotch Tape, but BJ left her in the vault. So she obviously returns to vault at some time. And then I added two and two together.

I's that the very bad thing from Chapter 6? Is that when she returns to V99, save Scotch Tape and kill her mother and every other friend and acquaintance she had in the vault?

Wiki is spoiler, deviantart is spoiler, pictures on EQD page about fic are spoilers... Gaaaahhhaaaaa!!!!

Read faster

LordsServant
August 7 2012, 10:45:26 PM

No, that happens much later, and it sucks that u got spoiled for that :(

6 is actually pretty bad, but in a different way. Very VERY good chapter tho :)

Shade Millith
August 8 2012, 06:46:20 AM

You really should just read it, and stop looking around.

Chapter 6 is pretty sad though.

Kalil
August 8 2012, 08:48:26 AM
Hmmmm, never really watched the show but read FO:E and PH, the latter I drifted away from around chapter 31. Got randomly into editing a spinoff set out west which I still do but thats now the extent of any ponyism. Used to hang out in the sidefics chat room on googledocs and would be happy to recommend some of the better stuff. Heroes has been mentioned and its pretty good imo, the author No One knows where she is going with it and I expect it to tie up well if I ever get around to finishing it.

dzajic
August 11 2012, 04:48:55 PM
Screw spoilers, this is brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxpndWEELg

Evelgrivion
August 13 2012, 09:06:18 AM
FYI: Project Horizons has been updated.

Takon Orlani
August 13 2012, 12:28:34 PM
Yup. Read it last night before bed.
P slow chapter. Glory be mad (non-shocker). Can't wait til a certain nuke kills a certain goddess.

dzajic
August 13 2012, 04:19:49 PM
Up to Ch10 in PH.

Writing is getting really good.

Tbh. I don't know should "Grimdark sa Fuck" really be applied here (And even more so in pure FoE). That makes one expect nearly parody levels of grimdark, like 40k at its most cheesy. Stories are dark and depressing and protagonists go trough Really Bad Shit... but I really feel that Grimdark tag has been devalued and turned into mockery and isn't really in place here.

PS. I'm still ages away from meeting the entire cast of PH, but I know who they are... And oh God now that is pure grimdark trolling in announcement, when Alicorn is nearly the most sane member of the group, and when certain bomb blows up, BJ & co have to deal with one more of them going mental. Welcome to Blackjacks posse, no sane ponies allowed!

Fortior
August 13 2012, 04:28:07 PM
Up to Ch10 in PH.

Tbh. I don't know should "Grimdark sa Fuck" really be applied here (And even more so in pure FoE). That makes one expect nearly parody levels of grimdark, like 40k at its most cheesy. Stories are dark and depressing and protagonists go trough Really Bad Shit... but I really feel that Grimdark tag has been devalued and turned into mockery and isn't really in place here.
Hoooo boy, I think you're in for a treat a bit further on

serious spoilers. quite a few of them:

It involves killing everyone she'd ever known and called family (whereupon she tries to kill herself), realizing P-21 had been raped his entire life (by Blackjack as well), going batshit insane and ripping pegasi apart and throwing their guts at their squadmates, and to top it off she gets her gangrenous, broken, legs nailed to the floor over a barrel whereupon she is raped multiple times in all orifices. While blind.

I think that covers a few of the worse ones, but there are plenty more to be had

Muffinsrevenger
August 13 2012, 07:02:16 PM
Up to Ch10 in PH.

Hoooo boy, I think you're in for a treat a bit further on

serious spoilers. quite a few of them:

It involves killing everyone she'd ever known and called family (whereupon she tries to kill herself), realizing P-21 had been raped his entire life (by Blackjack as well), going batshit insane and ripping pegasi apart and throwing their guts at their squadmates, and to top it off she gets her gangrenous, broken, legs nailed to the floor over a barrel whereupon she is raped multiple times in all orifices. While blind.

I think that covers a few of the worse ones, but there are plenty more to be had

The worst part is the way that she is mentally torn down, not the way she is physically hurt (and that is saying something in itself)

dzajic
August 13 2012, 07:25:18 PM
Oh you gentleman misunderstood me. I never said FoE and PH aren't "grimdark as fuck" I just wanted to say that most of grimdark in fiction and especially fanfiction is over the top, heavy handed and ending up cheesy. And that FoE and PH are of sufficient literary quality to be ways above simple "grimdark" moniker. You wouldn't degrade "All quite on the western front" by calling it simply "grindark", would you?

Edit.

Oh they shoulda just sent the whiskey
When they saw the trouble coming,
Oh they shoulda just sent the whiskey!
Then they wouldn’t be a-running.

Times are tough and things are bad
So why be dumb and risky?
When you see the trouble come,
Ya better just send the whiskey!

Now, I hear wine is mighty fine
It makes you feel so frisky!
But trouble’s come, so get er done
And don’t forget the whiskey!

Oh you shoulda just sent the whiskey,
When ya heard that troubles coming
Oh you shoulda just sent the whiskey
Then all this woulda been nothing!

Now vodka grows from winter snows
That make you cold and shivery!
But that icy bite just don’t feel right
So best send me a whiskey!

When you knew that I was coming!
Then you wouldn’t get a thumping!

Times are rough and things are bad
But don’t you get sad and weepy!
When you know that I’m a coming
Just send me your whiskey!

That was a damn good fight! Anyone know the source on the song? Is it original or modified for PH, as I can't seam to google up anything other than back to PH.

Edit xyz. Trivial update. On to Ch14. Still so very good and occasionally so very awesome.

Shade Millith
August 18 2012, 02:55:32 PM
I've been waiting for ages for Glory's meltdown over BJ sexing up the batpony.

And it looks like the wait will be worth it.

Also monster dog penis. Yep.

Muffinsrevenger
August 18 2012, 03:41:36 PM
Blackjack is the queen of music as well as whiskey

“When I was a little filly and the lights would turn down looo-o-ow. *
The darkness and the shadows would make my fear grooo-o-ow.
I’d hide under my bed from what I thought I saw
But Gin Rummy said that wasn’t the way to deal with threats at all!”

“She’d say: Blackjack, you need to stand strong,
Lower your center of maaa-a-ass
You’ll see that they can’t hurt you
If you cut them off with a paaa-a-ass!

Chop up all the ghosties!
Tear up all the grossly!
Glare up at the creepy!
Smash up any weepy!
Kick out at the kooky!
Slice up all the spooky!

“And cut that big dumb scary face and kick him hard in the throat if he won’t leave you alone and if he comes at you again then he’s got another think coming and the very idea of him hurting you just wanna… hee hee HAHAHAHAHA!”

“Chooooooooooooooop!”

dzajic
August 20 2012, 04:47:47 PM
Ok fuck Somber. I'll keep reading for a while longer, but as far as I'm concerned PH isn't canon in FoE.

So... that nice discussion we had about Rarity in best pony thread. So yeah Rampage... and end of Chapter 19. Really Rarity? Use a soul of serial child killer as a base for indestructible regeneration talisman? What could possibly go wrong. "Oh derp it didn't work first dozen times... lets torture and butcher couple dozen more people before I give up on this plan".

But Somber can't leave any of Mane 6 alone can he. Its not like entire freaking FoE was reconstructing how memoirs of how low they fell and horrible mistakes they did. No, lets pile pure stupid or pure evil on top of that.
Hi ignorant Fluttershy, really nice guy that Dr Trueblood, some really promising work from him and his projects. Nothing sinister about him. Nothing at all.

Twilight. Why there is no problem at all with entering in a relationship with Big Mac under false identity. Its not like you are playing a ridiculously sick game with him and trough those lies betraying one of your best friends...

Also. Hey look Scootabot. Oh and there she dies, after two centuries she didn't survive half an hour in vicinity of Security. Hopefully Scoot's copy/upload is a in Crusader downstairs, as its kinda difficult to buy she could fit full upload into that small bot when FoE goes into detail explaining that Crusaders were best and biggest supercomputers they had, and were only hypothesized at the time of being capable of storing an upload.

Fuck the spoilers. Just checked the wiki. Wow, Sanguine isn't the final boss? Wow like Gorgon and Deus he is also suffering miserable victim... Really Somber?
So who's left to be final Boss? Goldenblood in his not so secret moonbase?

Sad thing is I'm going to keep reading. Yeah its starting to pile grimdark and shades of gray (all near black, but still shades of gray) to the point where really present writing quality is being drowned out by the "everyone is a miserable victim, even those responsible for most of it".

Edit. Fuck I have to keep ranting, I'm just too angry at Somber at wasting great writing skills on bullshit.

So again, Sanguine... The confirmed mustache twirling complete sociopath mad evil scientist guy. Is he razing entire cities in order to get EC1101 so he can rule the world? Become God? Oh no... this is Somber writing... He is just trying to save his family. I don't have WTF large enough. Honestly I opened the stupid wiki article just to confirm that due is still alive so I could say there is no misery and pain and slow death that BJ can inflict on him that is punishment enough for shit the guy did. Only for me to learn that he died in a pretty stupid way after doing so much more mustache twirling evil in the story ahead of me.

Nu11u5
August 20 2012, 05:37:09 PM
Yah, I'm less inclined to read PH even more now. I liked how in FoE, even at their lowest, you still empathized with the mane six. It sounds like Somber is just twisted.

Muffinsrevenger
August 20 2012, 07:39:59 PM
Yah, I'm less inclined to read PH even more now. I liked how in FoE, even at their lowest, you still empathized with the mane six. It sounds like Somber is just twisted.

I can't get into detail without spoiling (still doing a write-up about it, fuck trying to have words grasp this monster), but again with another reason to love Project Horizons
Everyone has a reason
Everyone

Both rarity and the doctor have their reasons, even though they do absolutely horrid things they never do it just "cause i felt like it", and the knowlage that they (and you as a reader) have of the really bad shit only underlines the sadness of their motivations
The entire book is a epitome to "the end justifies the means", or a century-spanning story about losing yourself in the darkest pits of atrocity for the best of reasons

dzajic
August 20 2012, 08:03:12 PM
There is "ends justify the means" and "winning the war at all costs" and than there is forging consent for most gruesome medical procedures and hiding the deaths of innocent personal when your experiments run lose. And that is still among the least of his sins from back when law and order still existed and he was still a living pony. Rarity doing bad shit... we know just how tempting Black Book is (being Necronomicon, Untersprachiliche Kulten and Pankopic Manuscripts all rolled into one). Dear Doctor is a honest to god murderous sociopath with no justification for that. Oh he wanted to create war wining weapons for Luna at all costs. I'm just wondering how is it that Goldenblood was only one for arrested for treason after Luna (and likely Pinkie) discovered all the bad shit going under OIA. Though by that time most of top of Equestrian government and industry were deserving to be lined up and shot (yes including M6), either for criminal negligence and incompetence, treason or for simply being sadistic murderous fucks. Ofc than the bombs fell and punishment was delivered.

And considering that GBs fate is still unknown. And wiki says nothing. He's the main bad guy and he's on the moon. Luno Astro Stable 2, likely re-purposed and finished construction under the name of Project Horizons. Its the freaking title of the fic people, can't be more obvious that that. Though he could have created a portal to Cthulu land and made a bolthole there, with dimensional gate being beneath Core. That could nicely explain the enervation fields.

Big line break here. PH really takes the prewar story in a completely different direction. In FoE you scream at them for missing huge important things and making lethal mistakes, but that was greatest part of what made FoE such great tragedy story. Everyone was doing their best with the best of intentions... and it still lead nearly inevitably to Armageddon. In PH everyone's making deals with the devil and shutting their ears and eyes while chanting "ends justify the means". IMHO ofc, just and always imho.

LordsServant
August 20 2012, 08:19:34 PM
Dzajc - just read the story, you're wrecking the piss out of it by basically cliff noting it on a wiki :P

There have been parts of the story the parts leading up to when BJ died the first time where I got all depressed and was like "wtf is this srsly why are we even doing this this story is fucking awful oh god make it stop" and then you look back and parts of it made sense. I re-read all the chapters up to Trueblood at least half a dozen times at my old job and in my free time just to pass the time (I have it on my ipad).

Theres a whole pile of sneaky stuff that makes literally no sense the first time, but reading it back over having read the later chapters you think to yourself "holy shit this makes a HUGE amount of sense and explains some stuff I had no idea about."

Lots of stuff somber writes at the time makes no sense, but I have faith in him(her? still not sure if we are to refer to somber by his human or projected pony gender) to wrap up the story in a compelling way. Somber's done an excellent job of putting things together so far, and everything will eventually make sense and start to tie itself up.

That said I do think somber has gotten a little carried away with "OMG EXPLOSHUNZ AND DEATH AND HEART WRENCHING AND RAPE AND TORTURE AND MURDER." I still consider the first "book" of the story to be the best part. The worldbuilding, balancing of horror with comedy, and the extremely well-written grimdark (I widely consider chapter 6 to be among my favorite if not my favorite chapter...its perfectly terrifying as you don't know whats going on, and a lot of stuff is left to your imagination, with just enough thrown in to lead you down that path ex. "glimpse of a dark object covered in meat" *shivers*...)

dzajic
August 20 2012, 11:35:39 PM
We all know what curiosity does to cats and impatient readers. Meh... I read tons of critical spoilers for FoE and still enjoyed it greatly. Hopefully same will work with PH. Done with my SQL chores for today, off to see/read BJ return to 99 and for stuff to happen.

It were awesome moments when we learned about Dues and Stonewing. That worked. And also with Rampage, you get shocked for what she did but you still feel for her.
But god damn Trueblood. Murderous maniacs employing murderous maniacs and monsters (them beings victims of his own creation). Sorry Somber I don't care who or what he wants to save with EC-1101... he is still a sick sociopath, has been for two centuries, and that (getting the stupid file, opening Chimera, making new batch of Blanks, harvesting organs for his family... yeah I read the entire damn article on him), and nearly all other things he ever did, could have been done without all the blood murder and rape they ended up including.

Otoh once Goldenblood is revealed to be alive in some form (I'm betting on it) and being the mastermind of IT (whatever IT turns out to be) (and again I'm betting on him being final boss) I'm fairly confident his motivation won't be anything as prosaic.

Also... I was under illusion/expectations that Lacunea was going to be most stable member of the group. So much lol. And so we all wait for certain bomb in certain place to go off, so one more member of BJs gang can go even more broken/insane than they currently are.

Edit. Not spoilerish as is pure speculation on my part. While it would ruin or undermine some key aspects of story, "people just being people"... it would be a great relief and a explenation of everyone going full retard if we learn there really is Cthulhu or corpse of Cthulhu buried under Hoofington. Because forget the enervation fields, even without it that city and entire area around it really looks to have been cursed for a looooong time

Edit 2.

So that Chapter 22
Ah... the big kick to the gut, spoiled to me by lolpics on derpibooru and deviantart. Poor, poor Blackjack. Can't imagine has unspoiled readers felt when they got to last 1/4 of the chapter. "Yeey she finally saved someone. 300+ saved. Oh wait, or maybe not..." At least Somber wasn't mega evil and the that final big "ante up" in next chapter.

Edit 3. Ch26

Holy crap two chapters in which no one died (24 and 25), just couple attempted suicides. And I'm very happy for stuff that I couldn't spoil to myself because wiki isn't that thorough for PH as its for FoE. Though any one who played New Vegas knew that Mr Horse (really? "Mr Horse"? I think "Mr Barn" or some variation would sound much better and fit better) was bound to turn up. Sanguine looks convinced GB is still alive, as expected. And look, there is "Eater of Souls" buried under the city. Should link Zoidberg's "I'm acting astonished" clip here.

PS. I've heard about Chekhov's gun... but Chekhov nuke? And two of them? Gee I wonder will the two unfired megaspells eventually return to the story.
PPS. Actually finished Ch26. Those Hoofington tunnels... There is bad shit and then there is that. But it int Fallout, could be Metro, could be STALKER... doubleplus good though.

Non spoiler question. Does enough meaningful stuff happen in next 25 chapters? Because I constantly see people complaining that PH got infected with Bleech or DBZ levels of filler?

Takon Orlani
August 26 2012, 03:30:18 PM
No updates in like a month...

Doomed Predator
August 26 2012, 04:00:11 PM
Isn't he rewriting early chapters? I know 1 and 2 have been rewritten.

dzajic
August 26 2012, 04:48:29 PM
How can you say no updates when latest ch. went up 15 days ago?

I've gotten over dark and darker and everything worstest thing about PH. Writing still manages to make up for it.
Though ... as more and more deep secret plot is revealed... yep, the feeling I had when I first heard about PH, its coming back to annoy me. Having a OC character (GB) so ridiculously involved in everything and crucial to everything is putting tension on suspension of disbelief. Great evil (or gray) masterminds are a cheap plot device that is very difficult to pull off without too much cheese. And cheese is last thing PH needed, but otoh "Love, loyalty and secrets" is pure cheese and ham... very large ham.

Forgot to mention in above multiedited post, Somber really likes to punch old wounds. We already had enough info to know that even the "monsters" were victims. But finding about Doofus? And reading Stonewing's farewell letter. It hurts dude.

Fortior
August 27 2012, 04:46:16 PM
The Internet came through for me today. You may now envy me.

http://i.imgur.com/UECLc.jpg

:swag:

Nu11u5
August 27 2012, 05:07:08 PM
I'm jelly. Keeping my eye open for the next run.

Mortalitis
August 27 2012, 07:03:13 PM
I'm jelly. Keeping my eye open for the next run.

This a thousand times

Raz
August 29 2012, 12:36:12 AM
I finally caught up on PH today. I'm still enjoying where he's taking it. But motherofgod will it ever end?

Reading through this thread, I guess I should go read Pink Eyes now.

dzajic
August 29 2012, 01:00:20 AM
Hoofington is so terribad^2 that I could find no good argument to complain against Somber deciding to continue the story all the way to the GECK activation. (Hoof area is just so much worsest than anything I doubt even that will completely fix it).

About that starmetal

1. Starblasters come from somewhere.
2. Even if fucked up-ness of Everfree is only caused by (magical?) virus brought by meteors, Luna going Nightmare Moon needs a stronger cause.
3. Something made the mad zebra inmate in Zebratown write that prophecy on the wall... Prophecy was a lie, but its purpose wasn't to warn it was to drive to MAD suicide.

PH stuff now.
4. Just passed the part with Goldie memory orb when he takes a Starmetal ingot to Mr. House for metallurgical testing. And machine broke and ingot flew... and curved its trajectory to kill a passer-by, and was seen draining something from the kill. Its not like Zebras haven't been adamantly repeating that that metal is by itself evil and yearns to kill.
5. In a setting like PH (heck even base FIM itself), thousands of Zebra magi working in unison in one big black ritual to summon Cthulhu will cause more than just bring a asteroid on top of their heads.

6. Realization. Hoofington is built on a (flying) mountain of starmetal. Suburb from original "Poltergeist" movie is nice happy sunny and shiny place to live compared to that, knowing all above.
7. Realization #2. Blackjack's sowrd. And "Folly". Both made out of starmetal/solidified eldritch god's blood.

Muffinsrevenger
August 29 2012, 07:39:48 PM
Hoofington is so terribad^2 that I could find no good argument to complain against Somber deciding to continue the story all the way to the GECK activation. (Hoof area is just so much worsest than anything I doubt even that will completely fix it).

About that starmetal

2. Even if fucked up-ness of Everfree is only caused by (magical?) virus brought by meteors, Luna going Nightmare Moon needs a stronger cause.
3. Something made the mad zebra inmate in Zebratown write that prophecy on the wall... Prophecy was a lie, but its purpose wasn't to warn it was to drive to MAD suicide.

PH stuff now.
4. Just passed the part with Goldie memory orb when he takes a Starmetal ingot to Mr. House for metallurgical testing. And machine broke and ingot flew... and curved its trajectory to kill a passer-by, and was seen draining something from the kill. Its not like Zebras haven't been adamantly repeating that that metal is by itself evil and yearns to kill.
5. In a setting like PH (heck even base FIM itself), thousands of Zebra magi working in unison in one big black ritual to summon Cthulhu will cause more than just bring a asteroid on top of their heads.

6. Realization. Hoofington is built on a (flying) mountain of starmetal. Suburb from original "Poltergeist" movie is nice happy sunny and shiny place to live compared to that, knowing all above.
7. Realization #2. Blackjack's sowrd. And "Folly". Both made out of starmetal/solidified eldritch god's blood.

Have you figured out enervation yet?

Al Capwned
August 29 2012, 08:10:14 PM

About that starmetal

PH stuff now.

I wasn't aware that enervation had been figured out so far. Would you mind explaining?

I thought that all we know is it can come from these rings which are actually pest control devices which can apparently be turned on or off and/or weaponized (as seen vs Lacunae in the big badass Reaper Stomping Steel Rangers fight) Other than that, no real idea other than idle speculation about souls and what material exactly these "pest" talismans are made out of

dzajic
August 29 2012, 08:10:30 PM
Just starting Ch33. Luckily for my nerves (and so spoilery) I know how it ends and what happens after. Saw those spoilers here in MLP megathread long before I even know what PH was.

That was one interesting vision of the future. P21 as big bad... I bet a pure red herring to throw of reader and BJ from severity of it. BJ does know about GECK, but I'm certain she doesn't know about SPP. So its near certainly not pure hallucination.

On the "Eater of Souls" (Irrelevant note, I should take a break from PH to go read latest Laundry novel. Stross really found himself in cosmic horror)

Well... I'm going to guess that that enervation causing (or amplifying) ring is made of starmetal. And then there is the "choir" from Horizon Labs. They say that they were first new additions to the great choir. And in Goldies memory orb we saw starmetal drawing something from that poor guy it killed.

So. Speculations.

1a) Enervation is caused by this or other energy source reaching the vast star metal deposits beneath the city.
Or god forbid.
1b) they made "Tokamare" reactor out of starmetal, and then when House increased reactor output to boost the shields... One liquified city happens. Add some possible interference by Zebra megaspell attacks and friendly megaspells detonating in their silos due to raised shield.

Could be combination of these two, but I'm betting that (quite obviously) everyone's souls have been sucked into the... "Eater of Souls". Surprising ah? :P

2. Near certain. "The screams" = "The Choir". I'm betting that souls of every single Zebra in that ancient city ended up in the starmetal rock that buried it. Same with everyone who was in the Core when bombs fell. Also likely the "hum" from BJs vision of future.

3. Not really directly connected but could be. So the aristocracy was cheated from Redoubt and wiki was in err. SOI stole Redoubt. And I'm betting gear from Stable 90 was relocated there.
But where is Redoubt? If it was under the city core they are worse than dead now.

GB likely wasn't there. (inside Redoubt vault I mean) We saw Psalm (only explanation on how that dream got to BJ) going towards Canterlot while mercy-killing survivors. Only possible "pony to kill" she could be after at that point is GB.

Muffinsrevenger
August 29 2012, 08:26:35 PM

About that starmetal

PH stuff now.

I wasn't aware that enervation had been figured out so far. Would you mind explaining?

I thought that all we know is it can come from these rings which are actually pest control devices which can apparently be turned on or off and/or weaponized (as seen vs Lacunae in the big badass Reaper Stomping Steel Rangers fight) Other than that, no real idea other than idle speculation about souls and what material exactly these "pest" talismans are made out of

Will do, but as part of a longer post

dzajic
August 30 2012, 12:29:22 AM
Just got to 2nd "black commando of death" dream scene. Midpoint of Ch33. Damn god damn. I'm raging.

It is Psalm. It has to be. And she isn't going for any vengeance. Just another cold blooded specop sociopath assassin on a mission. I don't have a clue who she executed in Canterlot. Who was left to kill there. But she's on a mission to eliminate all possible "targets" for EC-1101 on the chain of succession, other than Golide of course. I guess her next and last target is Twilight. And after finishing off with the hospital she next goes to Maripiny to finish her checklist.

Every single drop of sympathy I had for character went down the drain so much. Assassinating people in chain of succession to secure EC-1101 for OIA, ok, evil as fuck but tolerable. Killing bystanders by dozens for shits and giggles, sabotaging hospital generators... Da fuck. No pity at all any more for Goddess making her regret and trauma memory dump, no pity at all.

Yeah, Black Book #2 and Cthulhu corrupted Goldie by the end. "Only way to save Equestrian is to destroy it"...

I really hope when its all over in the aftermath after its all done and over Fluttershy goes and pisses on his grave. Talk about misjudging a character there Flutters... He deserves worse. And now I'll be cheering when in upcoming chapter or two (not talking relative to Ch33 but the 50+) that balefire bomb goes off and Lacunea goes even more nuts.

Yes, destroying infrastructure and killing medical personal in post-apoc aftermath is that high on list of things I can't forgive a character no mater what.

Though GB might have planned a epic post mortem Xanatos gambit and it actually was him that Psalm killed in Canterlot.

Edit. At least the fact that OIA actively had agents destroying vital infrastructure after the war intentionally to prevent any rebuild explains why world is such a wreck 200 years later. It was one of epic plotholes in Fallout 3. Only question left is whether liquifying of population of Hoof was part of the plan or a wrench that broke it to smithereens and made all atrocities OIA did pointless.

Edit2. Poor BJ, she now (once she resumes her main quest after dying and getting a cyber body and all that jazz that I shouldn't know about) has to go back to Fluttershy Medical just to confirm to EC-1101 that chief justice is dead even if she knows that already, so she can track the next target, Mr. House. Does any of this happen in next 14 chapters or she's to busy learning about Eternity in that prison and the entire "had to give up EC to Sanguine cause have was kinda wiping out towns".

Just read Ch34 opening. Holy shit. Ok, that's a lot of answers. I can't believe I actually underestimated Cthulhu.

Edit noXYz

Enervation rings hidden all over Equestria? Or even the world? Ouch.
Less bad, but still horrible, option. GB learned about Cthulhu and was in contact with it. He realized that any rebuilding after the war would only lead to new wars due to the Eater's need to feed. So GB ensured for war to end in worst possible way and to help any survives perish quickly.... hoping to feed the thing enough (as BJ's vision shows it feeding globally when the bombs fell) to reform into a "star" and leave Equestria. It obviously wasn't enough and OIA and its descendants are literally feeding people to the Hoof, to feed the thing beneath it, till it can awaken and leave.

Knowing Somber this is more likely option.

Option B. Is GB going completely Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn and just causing the end of the world to feed his new god, with "back channels peace talks with Zebras" just being a lie or known unworkable effort for sole purpose of calming people around him he was to emotionally attached to to "disappear" them.

Really, in what OIA and GB have done options A and B are equal, only difference being that in one they are evil for the sake of evil and in other they are doing unspeakable evils so that sometime in unknown future world may be free from the Eater.

Because again rally, we are talking about Somber's writing. And being simple omnicidal Cthulhu cultist is prosaic cartoonish mega-evil mustache twirling insane evil. GB can't possibly be that simple.

Edit once more.

Luna y u such plothole.

Oh Luna you were such a wonderful idiot. But just an idiot. So can't really be angry at her when there is someone as monstrously evil as GB running around. Of all the monstrously evil things GB did... the man who certainly made the consequences of nuclear war worse, likely accelerated the doomsday and maybe even caused it... what does she sentence him to death for. GECK, because it questions her ability to rule and lead.

But as I said, Luna was just a idiot. GB and OIA are up there with Pol Pot, Einsatzgruppen and Totenkopf SS. Pure completely monstrous evil.

Doomed Predator
September 2 2012, 05:56:40 PM
I just finished ch33, and if Somber doesn't stop mutilating BJ every damn chapter and having her forgive everyone and keep on blubbering about her constant guilt I'll just give up. It's been probably 10 chapters of BJ gets beaten to an inch of her life than forgives the fuckers or feels sorry for them and lets them go.

dzajic
September 2 2012, 06:21:06 PM
Don't worry. No major additional injury and trauma in next 9 chapters. But the consequences of all of previous are catching on her oh so badly.

Dont worry she gets even more nuttier. I'm approaching on a chapter that is more or less entire chapter devoted to "BJ finally goes nuts". Though maybe Somber changed the way he writes it, or whatever... but at least the "stop making me kill you" part I can go with. And with the revelations of Ch33 and Ch34... even while BJ might not be aware of it, every single death in the Hoof only helps the Big Bad.

Silly thing is, attempts to make every single enemy, monster and bad guy look better don't annoy me that much. I just imagine they are retcons and in retrospect Somber regretted having any black and white pictuers and retconed everything into shades of gray.

Epic huge spoiler about chapter 39, don't open, really don't if you haven't reached it yourself.
FucQ yeah DisQord
Funny thing is, I know that this can be possible setup for a Deus Ex Machine ending... but I don't mind. It is DisQord.

dzajic
September 4 2012, 02:26:30 AM
Bumping with a doublepost because fuck this.
So... gotten to Ch45 and oh my dear god... The conspiracy pileup is murdering my SoD. I have no idea if Somber is capable of tying everything up and making it make any sense in 12-14 chapters remaining.

Having Goldenblood as is... the master plotter and manipulator behind EVERYTHING was already straining the suspensions of disbelief. Epic master of secrets and manipulation, yadah yadah yadah. But now it appears he's own secretary, Garnet, (or whomever, whatever she is working for) has tricked and outsmarted and out-manipulated GB. Black assassin of course confirmed to be Psalm. With all the guilt pile-up on her, starting with Littlehorn, no wonder she was completely nuts at the end, barely cognitive enough to execute OIA orders, which she knew GB would never issue, and also good reason for Goddess to make her into a semi-cut-off guilt dumping ground.

On comments and here I see people complaining about Stygios and drawing out of the story and BJs guilt tripping. But all of that is nothing compared to extreme conspiracy pile up, and the fact that with 10-15 chapters left we don't have a clue who real big bad is or how it managed to do what they did (outsmart GB as one thing). Guess large part of OIA went rogue, likely currently hiding in Redoubt, but only reason for them to cause the world to burn intentionally would be if they were all Cthulhu cultists. Or they just had luck to outsmart Goldie in a push for power but had their own plan go to crapper by Zebra megaspell strike. Retaliation for whatever Jetstream planted in Roam? OIA likely planned a decapitating first strike or whatever...

Nu11u5
September 4 2012, 06:11:49 AM
Still only read FoE and I'm happy with that. I probably won't read PH after browsing the spoilers in this thread, but who knows - maybe after it's all finished.

I found an old interview with Somber back when PH was fairly new. A few revealing things: Somber fights with clinical depression; I wouldn't be surprised that some of the dark shit he writes about he sees as self-therapy. Also, he hates canon Rarity the way she's developed in the show. It seems then in his writing he's turned her into a sort of parody in retaliation.

Over on /r/falloutequestria I saw a recommendation for 'Anywhere But Here' so I checked out the first chapter. Uh, yah, that's one way to intoduce the characters... :S

dzajic
September 4 2012, 11:47:43 AM
Still only read FoE and I'm happy with that. I probably won't read PH after browsing the spoilers in this thread, but who knows - maybe after it's all finished.

I found an old interview with Somber back when PH was fairly new. A few revealing things: Somber fights with clinical depression; I wouldn't be surprised that some of the dark shit he writes about he sees as self-therapy. Also, he hates canon Rarity the way she's developed in the show. It seems then in his writing he's turned her into a sort of parody in retaliation.

Over on /r/falloutequestria I saw a recommendation for 'Anywhere But Here' so I checked out the first chapter. Uh, yah, that's one way to intoduce the characters... :S

For all my raging and ranting... PH is a worthy read. I'm very worried if there is a chance in hell for Somber to write it a good end, and I'm certainly considering it 100% non-canon in regards to main FoE plot... but I neither regret spending all this time reading it nor am I giving up on the story.

Edit. Yeeey finally up to Ch49. Come on Somber, update!

I feel kinda cheated and sad for rushing trough story for no gain. I rushed trough the story hoping to find some freaking answers in "next(x49)" chapter... and while we got pretty complete description of cosmology driving the events... not a single answer on what OIA and GB were "really, for 100% real really" up to. Supposedly Ch33 is half of story so we have 12-15 chapters left. I really hope we start getting some god damn answers. Hopefully the god damn bomb in Maripony will finally blow up and evens not directly caused to BJ and Hoof will start driving the world forward.

Grimdark, raep, blood, everything about BJ exploding... I don't mind. But for God's sake Somber start giving us at least hints of an answer. In FoE, by time they left Canterlot, reader was given every single thing needed to see the resolution of the story, and only thing left was to observer the execution of that plan. Here, no one has a clue. Oh I can write a 10 page report full of speculations, but we don't have any real solid clues.

Think I'll finally go read Pink Eyes. If Heroes was finished I'd take a look at it to, but this way, nope. And ofc I wont resist slowly and carefully re-reading PH in attempt to find some clues (read : vague hints that only make you more confused and uncertain of whats going on and who's plan is what)

Spoiler speculation regarding cosmology update in Ch49

I wonder who is it in the center of the sea of souls. Goldenblood would be obvious and expected answer... but Blackjack was honestly surprised by whom she saw, "No, it couldn't be...". From all she's been trough I'm quite confident if it was GB, BJ would have been "why I am not surprised by this a least bit".

At least we get a nice explanation why BJ won't really remember it, same as with her first death.

SAI Peregrinus
September 6 2012, 12:24:16 PM
I wonder who is it in the center of the sea of souls. Goldenblood would be obvious and expected answer... but Blackjack was honestly surprised by whom she saw, "No, it couldn't be...". From all she's been trough I'm quite confident if it was GB, BJ would have been "why I am not surprised by this a least bit".

At least we get a nice explanation why BJ won't really remember it, same as with her first death.

Possibly weirdest possibility: Nightmare Moon. Starmetal armour, stars aiding her, hoofington is on a meteorite of the stuff... What if Luna's soul were bound to the armour, and the armour made from Hoofington starmetal? I suggest this because it's probably the most horrible possibility, and given the rest of PH going with whatever is most horrifying seems to be a good bet.

dzajic
September 6 2012, 03:30:05 PM

Possibly weirdest possibility: Nightmare Moon. Starmetal armour, stars aiding her, hoofington is on a meteorite of the stuff... What if Luna's soul were bound to the armour, and the armour made from Hoofington starmetal? I suggest this because it's probably the most horrible possibility, and given the rest of PH going with whatever is most horrifying seems to be a good bet.

Oh yes. I've been having such suspicions lately. And looking at who exactly made Dealer into what he is now... I have to say that was a surprise.

Honestly, we were outright told that OIA was behind Shattered Hoof assassination attempt at very start of story. Oppenheimer's logs pretty much spell it out. "Making more bullets like the one that slew B.M.". A new reader of PH would go "no wai" and think that he is just comparing the bullets, not that he made them.
But last couple of chapters have more or less confirmed both who gave the order and who pulled the trigger.

Btw, is there any Psalm left in Lacunea or did she dump it all into BJ? I'm really considering the possibility.

So we could have 3 big players involved in the pre-war clusterfuck. GB. though I still don't understand how you go from geology professor to "Machiavelli would love to read your book" type of guy. Also, it should be noted that he is only survivor of pink cloud, ever, anyplace.

"Rogue OIA", represented by Garnet and others. With learning they did as petty things as freeing mob bosses from the prison before the bombs fell, more and more they look like ordinary opportunists who lucked out and managed to back-stab GB but also destroyed the world in their bid for power.

And finally.
The oh so very secretive ruler of Equestria. Her Royal Deep Blue Highness herself. Perhaps due to war and unspoken but obvious "Shattered harmony" the effect of elements on her weakened. Perhaps she willingly reverted and looked back to her old source of power in desperation to win the war.

Again just a passing musing. "So is there anyone left who didn't dabble in necromancy"? Rarity, Celestia, Luna, Fluttershy if we assume "Pink Eyes" canon... only one left is poor good Twilight.

Takon Orlani
September 7 2012, 12:41:59 PM
>Somber gets job
>NO UPDATES IN LIKE FOREVER

dzajic
September 8 2012, 03:59:52 PM
>Somber gets job

I feel sorry for getting people's hope by bumping. :(

Checked some dates. So we got 46 chapters in a year and then 2 chapters in 3 months? Bugger! :(

Muffinsrevenger
September 8 2012, 05:38:17 PM
>Somber gets job

Checked some dates. So we got 46 chapters in a year and then 2 chapters in 3 months? Bugger! :(

On the other hoof, 50k word chapters

Tbh, it's not like taking time writing is a bad thing, prob just means that the story will be more thought through

Also, reading New Beginnings (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6077/Fallout%3A-Equestria%3A-New-Beginnings), really ejoying the style and quality of writing as well as the bit more subtle memory-flashback and a nice description of that "i know i remember this but i don't know why", over all it's got a really interesting perspective on things
And then i got to chapter 9
MFW chapter 9:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/219/8/9/rainbow_dash___what_the_buck_by_dentist73548-d45rlbr.png

Fortior
September 8 2012, 09:23:06 PM
>Somber gets job

On the other hoof, 50k word chapters

Tbh, it's not like taking time writing is a bad thing, prob just means that the story will be more thought through

Also, reading New Beginnings (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6077/Fallout%3A-Equestria%3A-New-Beginnings), really ejoying the style and quality of writing as well as the bit more subtle memory-flashback and a nice description of that "i know i remember this but i don't know why", over all it's got a really interesting perspective on things
And then i got to chapter 9
MFW chapter 9:

Just started reading, enjoying Chapter 2 currently. I think I know who this is some new beginnings for:

I'm guessing Twilight Sparkle, with her nostalgiac feelings for books and coming to terms with being an alicorn. She can even do teleports and shields without remembering how to do it. Sounds like Twiley to me. EDIT: Also being terribad at combat lol

dzajic
September 8 2012, 09:31:25 PM
That very though is what put me off from even trying to read New Beginnings. (and not liking the risk of reading unfinished fics).

Why does "Twilight the Alicorn" have to pop up in 90% of fanfics. Fandom is obsessed with making Twilight into a princess. Yeah she's the main character, she's adorkable and we all love her and wish her to be even more awesome... but come on, if its not tagged with only "slice of life" or "normal" there is a 99.99676334% chance Twilight will become a alicorn in any given fic. Yeah I'm overestimating but still jeez people leave it alone for a while.

And in FoE specifically. If its alicorn centered story, its Twilight reborn. Heck even Lacunea channels way too much Twi at times (though at least author has a built in explanation)

Muffinsrevenger
September 8 2012, 11:03:15 PM
That very though is what put me off from even trying to read New Beginnings. (and not liking the risk of reading unfinished fics).

Why does "Twilight the Alicorn" have to pop up in 90% of fanfics. Fandom is obsessed with making Twilight into a princess. Yeah she's the main character, she's adorkable and we all love her and wish her to be even more awesome... but come on, if its not tagged with only "slice of life" or "normal" there is a 99.99676334% chance Twilight will become a alicorn in any given fic. Yeah I'm overestimating but still jeez people leave it alone for a while.

And in FoE specifically. If its alicorn centered story, its Twilight reborn. Heck even Lacunea channels way too much Twi at times (though at least author has a built in explanation)

It's not Twi, she's just :somepony:, or possibly several of them, but she still has memories and fragments
It's just the way the unity works, different pony minds or part of them sharing bodies, and then getting stuck to where they where once the bomb went boom
It's explained more as the story goes on

Doomed Predator
September 9 2012, 10:44:06 AM
Chapter 50 of Project horizons is up. Must restrain myself and not go rush reading it.

Al Capwned
September 9 2012, 10:44:57 PM
Chapter 50 of Project horizons is up. Must restrain myself and not go rush reading it.

Fuck Dat. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it had updated. READING NAO! *hyperventilates*

Can't wait to see glory go all hulk hogan on blackjack =D

dzajic
September 9 2012, 11:55:46 PM
Couldn't resist skimming over chapter to check for one thing.

It would appear that certain balefire bomb hasn't yet exploded. God damn you Somber... so mid October then? :(

Also. After that... how long did it take exactly for Littlepip to crawl out and for Enclave invasion to start? If its two or three days... I guess January of next year. :(

Edit. Got further in the chapter.

Glyphmark? Freaking Glyphmark??? Oh come on you've got to be shitting me. Really, after all this, Littlepip has just gotten there? God damn it Somber. So what is it, they go to Zebratown, shit happens, back to Glyphmark, maybe some rest if I remember, and then finally to Canterlot. At very least 3 days, maybe 4 to 4 and a half. In Somber-time that could be like 10 chapters ffs.

10 chapters of Goddess mindfucking BJ for lulz.

Edit.
Lovely, another cliffhanger. Anyone have idea how much time passed in this chapter? I think there was mention of at very least two afternoons and one night, so that's day and a half or so?

So very very hopefully (if Somber doesn't shorten the chapters even further to keep some semblance of posting schedule) next chapter could cover also day to day and half and a particular event could finally freaking happen.

Otoh, just checked FoE... it looks like Enclave invasion starts 40 hours after bomb... so that is quite a lot of chapters in the future.

Doomed Predator
September 13 2012, 05:12:56 PM
Been reading Pink Eyes and am up to chapter 16. Can't say it's bad , but it's definitely different. Hope it ends on a generally happy note and not bitter-sweet as FoE or WH40k-level grimdark proportions as PH will inevitably end.

dzajic
September 13 2012, 05:33:46 PM
Not saying anything about Pink Eyes ending other than
make sure you have tissue paper nearby.

Since I don't think Somber will go as far to retcon the FoE "happy" ending and especially the very optimistic "10 years later" epilogue...

Most likely outcome (a happy and optimistic one) would be complete destruction of the thing beneath, with Hoof and surroundings being collateral damage, and everyone we ever heard about in story dying.

Rampant speculation

We know what happens with starmetal if moonstones are brought in contact to it. And most important, since moonstones survive the annihilation you could destroy a lot of starmetal with a limited supply of moonrocks. And someone had a Moon program.
One minor problem with this of course is that this annihilation at very least releases nuclear level energies per unit of involved mass. Nowhere near total conversion, but still at least nuclear level.
And there is a lot of starmetal buried beneath the city. So Hoofington and surroundings getting vaporized would be a safe bet. If that is what Project Horizons is about.

Pessimistic version is GB being fully aware that world will never be safe with that thing below and that its destruction is worthy of any sacrifice. Because at nuclear level energy density... detonating couple hundred thousand tons of mass of the Black Heart.... you will scorch the planet to cinder.

Additional note.
In GBs basement on that display of PH status, we see "Tom, 100%". Now, it doesn't look to be acronym. So what gives? Lets remember Tom from Return of Harmony. What was Tom? A big dumb rock.

Nu11u5
September 17 2012, 08:16:33 AM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/201/8/0/reflection_by_spyroconspirator-d58171l.jpg
I had finally discovered my virtue. I should have realized it when I first looked into the mirror of the soul. But I was too blinded by what I saw -- a blood-coated, dying raider -- to recognize what the mirror was actually showing me: the first time I truly acted in the spirit of sacrifice. The time when, even though I stood no chance of survival, I placed myself between a helpless caravan and what I believed to be a pegasus raider intent on slaughtering them.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/017/0/d/curiosity_kills_by_diggidoo-d4mnqrf.png
There were a few pony skeletons here, two with cracked pelvic bones. An ill shudder racked me as it occurred to me that the poor mares had not been killed by the horror which had invaded them, but the horror that had come out.

SAI Peregrinus
September 18 2012, 11:54:13 AM
Rampant speculation

We know what happens with starmetal if moonstones are brought in contact to it. And most important, since moonstones survive the annihilation you could destroy a lot of starmetal with a limited supply of moonrocks. And someone had a Moon program.
One minor problem with this of course is that this annihilation at very least releases nuclear level energies per unit of involved mass. Nowhere near total conversion, but still at least nuclear level.
And there is a lot of starmetal buried beneath the city. So Hoofington and surroundings getting vaporized would be a safe bet. If that is what Project Horizons is about.

Pessimistic version is GB being fully aware that world will never be safe with that thing below and that its destruction is worthy of any sacrifice. Because at nuclear level energy density... detonating couple hundred thousand tons of mass of the Black Heart.... you will scorch the planet to cinder.

Additional note.
In GBs basement on that display of PH status, we see "Tom, 100%". Now, it doesn't look to be acronym. So what gives? Lets remember Tom from Return of Harmony. What was Tom? A big dumb rock.

Or PH is a way to call down the moon onto hoofington, annihilating both in the process.

At the last minute the moon will turn out to be a giant mech, which will be commandeered by BJ & co. They'll go off to save the Universe from the evil Stars who want to wipe out all life, getting bigger and bigger mecha in the process. Eventually they'll fight a star-mech the size of a galaxy cluster, and they'll have a battle hurling galaxies at each other.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100/fenrisdude/EpicGlasses.png
And thus we shall discover that PH is the longest troll ever written.

LordsServant
September 24 2012, 09:14:54 PM
Rampant speculation

Additional note.

Or PH is a way to call down the moon onto hoofington, annihilating both in the process.

At the last minute the moon will turn out to be a giant mech, which will be commandeered by BJ & co. They'll go off to save the Universe from the evil Stars who want to wipe out all life, getting bigger and bigger mecha in the process. Eventually they'll fight a star-mech the size of a galaxy cluster, and they'll have a battle hurling galaxies at each other.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100/fenrisdude/EpicGlasses.png
And thus we shall discover that PH is the longest troll ever written.

Who the hell do you think we are! somber is!

That said, someone needs to go out to New Vegas Las Pegasus Dise New Caledonia Las Vegas and get somber fired. These monthlong gaps between chapters are horrible.

I think 20-30 of us picketing his school with signs saying "we want our pony fix" or "Blackjack or Bust" should do the trick, or get us all arrested. :P

Doomed Predator
September 24 2012, 10:24:00 PM
I imagine an alternative reality where you actually go through with that and it works. I also imagine Somber rushing the story turning it to shit and then me flying to wherever you live and standing in line to get my turn of smacking your face.

Ophichius
September 24 2012, 10:40:22 PM
I imagine an alternative reality where you actually go through with that and it works. I also imagine Somber rushing the story turning it to shit and then me flying to wherever you live and standing in line to get my turn of smacking your face.

Alternately, Somber turns into GRR Martin and takes six years off to write the next update. (And also includes five page descriptions of what everyone is eating. "Blackjack stared at that night's repast, chunks of oily radroach meat marinated in a mixture of motor oil and battery acid glistened in the light of the campfire. Arranged decoratively around the radroach steaks, several ancient snack cakes were slowly dissolving in a pool of parasprite bile and moderately radioactive spring water..." etc, etc.)

-O

Fortior
September 25 2012, 07:14:05 AM

Alternately, Somber turns into GRR Martin and takes six years off to write the next update. (And also includes five page descriptions of what everyone is eating. "Blackjack stared at that night's repast, chunks of oily radroach meat marinated in a mixture of motor oil and battery acid glistened in the light of the campfire. Arranged decoratively around the radroach steaks, several ancient snack cakes were slowly dissolving in a pool of parasprite bile and moderately radioactive spring water..." etc, etc.)

-O

He could do a Robert Jordan as well. Spend 10 books with 154 plotlines and 426 characters, in detail describe how big everyones tits are and then die before finishing.

Takon Orlani
September 27 2012, 12:45:36 AM
I just have to take this moment, after reading chapter 25 of FoE: Heroes to say that you really should pick it up and read it.

Doomed Predator
September 27 2012, 03:18:11 PM
And have 2 fics that will end up updating once a month?

Zeppelin
September 27 2012, 04:20:16 PM
I waited six years for the next A Dance With Dragons, surely waiting a month for a fanfiction update isn't unreasonable? :P

...especially when it's Somber-lenght chapters. The man is nuts I tell you. Completely bonkers.

Doomed Predator
September 27 2012, 05:12:57 PM
Ponies cause time dilation, 1 month is actually ~15 years normal time as far as pony stuff goes.

dzajic
September 27 2012, 06:34:28 PM
I waited six years for the next A Dance With Dragons, surely waiting a month for a fanfiction update isn't unreasonable? :P

...especially when it's Somber-lenght chapters. The man is nuts I tell you. Completely bonkers.

Actually last couple of chapters have been getting shorter, with last one just 30 something pages long. I guess hard IRL work is... hard work.

Al Capwned
September 27 2012, 08:05:45 PM

Actually last couple of chapters have been getting shorter, with last one just 30 something pages long. I guess hard IRL work is... hard work.

Doesnt he work as an english teacher or something at a school? He can literally write chapters while in class and then hand them out to his students and be like "Proofread these completely random articles for spelling mistakes, etc etc."

He has his own source of child slave labor now, how hard can it be?

Also, I wonder if there's any bronies in his class. Gotta admit it would be pretty awesome to have somber as a teacher. :)

Soapy5
September 28 2012, 10:50:21 PM
I just have to take this moment, after reading chapter 25 of FoE: Heroes to say that you really should pick it up and read it.

Halfway through Heroes, and confirming its a good read. Hired, WHY U SO STUPID!?!

also, there is a distressing lack of fanart that protrays hired gun as she really is:

ie someone you dont want to fight against...

http://i.imgur.com/oQu5H.png

http://i.imgur.com/uCN7q.jpg

SAI Peregrinus
September 30 2012, 11:20:02 AM
I did a word count on PH. 1,012,352.
According to Wikipedia's list of longest novels (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels) that makes it the second longest novel of all time.

Nu11u5
September 30 2012, 07:10:33 PM
/
I did a word count on PH. 1,012,352.
According to Wikipedia's list of longest novels (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels) that makes it the second longest novel of all time.

novel is defined as a single work in print or electronic form that is not published by the author but rather through a mainstream publisher

There was a list of "longest self-published" novels and you would be surprised how much people will write. PH is up there, but not even close to top.

Also, serials have iffy qualifications as novels.

LordsServant
October 2 2012, 04:12:00 PM
FFS...it's been ages since a new chapter. I'm debating re-taking up Heroes. No PH makes meh sad :(

Muffinsrevenger
October 2 2012, 08:06:45 PM
F5'ing heroes, PH and New Beginnings atm, all great reads

dzajic
October 2 2012, 08:54:41 PM
Tried reading New Beginnings. I have to admit I was a bit ill (with headache and fever) at the time, but writing caught me as very strange and heard to read. Anyone else had the feeling? And if its deal does it go away after couple of chapters?

Seeing how painfully I'm F5ing couple non FoE fics I started reading... I don't think I'll be starting many new unfinished fics, the wait is painful. And no official ponies till November ffs :(

Muffinsrevenger
October 12 2012, 08:56:09 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/190/6/a/meat_by_oreh07-d56nmpe.png

Always found that part of the story pretty funny, but the expressions really make it shine :D

RE; New Beginnings, i found the style it's written in pretty great actually, it's pretty descriptive of how the character sees the world, really adds to the narrative in my opinion
Sure, it does take some getting used to, but it's a pretty nice change of pace from your regular stories

LordsServant
October 14 2012, 03:44:40 PM
UP THE SHUT FUCK!!!!!

NEW PH CHAPTER IS OUT OMGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW WWDDDDD

asdfksdjfhdkhgsdfkghfkgjhdfjkhdlkgsghlsfdkjghdlfkj hfdgldfghdfkljgfdhg

freaking the fuck out brb reading it

dzajic
October 14 2012, 04:07:28 PM
Nope not reading it. I think I'll wait two or three weeks so there's only two or three more weeks till next chapter.

LordsServant
October 14 2012, 04:47:05 PM
Nope not reading it. I think I'll wait two or three weeks so there's only two or three more weeks till next chapter.

Mmm hmm. I had to read it tho, gotta get my fix.

It was pretty good, sorta like the Blackjack's birthday chapter. Also, Im really starting to freak the fuck out....I think Glory's mom is the leader of the Harbingers. She's traveled all over, has this weird creepy squint thing going on, and we all know that the leader of the Harbingers is a pegasus.....*itchy mane* Also, fuck Twilight confirmed as Blackjack's great great great great etc etc etc gramma. Was still holding out for pinkie pie :(

Laerise
October 14 2012, 05:40:22 PM
\o/ First couple of pages in and it's surprisingly positive for a FoE:PH chapter. Call me paranoid, but I'm worried :D

dzajic
October 23 2012, 07:11:22 PM
Just skimmed a bit over it, still leaving it for later.

Damn you Somber, damn you for making Psalm do so many horrible things, and damn you for making me again and again feel sorry for her (look couple pages back to see how much I raged at "lol lets sabotage a hospital so I can assassinate one dude"). On top of all other things, she is now known to be a orphan.

Edit. Completely unrelated to your musings, I had idea that Dawn could be Harbinger leader because ... its Somber writing and things will get worse than expected. I completely missed wherever it was said their leader was Pegasus. When was that said? Its more of "she was a Big Figure in Hoof long before, than she went completely of the radar, suddenly she pops out out of nowhere really close in timing with Harbingers appering", and we are yet to see who Harbinger leader/prophet is and it has to be someone with a big pull.

Fortior
October 23 2012, 08:44:41 PM
Just skimmed a bit over it, still leaving it for later.

Damn you Somber, damn you for making Psalm do so many horrible things, and damn you for making me again and again feel sorry for her (look couple pages back to see how much I raged at "lol lets sabotage a hospital so I can assassinate one dude"). On top of all other things, she is now known to be a orphan.

Edit. Completely unrelated to your musings, I had idea that Dawn could be Harbinger leader because ... its Somber writing and things will get worse than expected. I completely missed wherever it was said their leader was Pegasus. When was that said? Its more of "she was a Big Figure in Hoof long before, than she went completely of the radar, suddenly she pops out out of nowhere really close in timing with Harbingers appering", and we are yet to see who Harbinger leader/prophet is and it has to be someone with a big pull.

People seem to have forgotten Lighthooves being a Pegasus as well, and we haven't seen him for quite some time. Who's to say he hasn't come up with some new shit after everything he did with the cannibal disease.

Way back when chapter... 6? was released, the one in the Natural History Museum, I correctly guessed Hoofington being the site of the first Zebra city, I might be right about Lighthooves as well :D

dzajic
October 29 2012, 10:19:07 PM
Great... finally read up to the end of (first?) Psalm dream (of latest chapter ofc). Once again I can only say, fuck you Somber, you are evil and brilliant. How can I ever just rage and hate at Psalm like I loved to do before. And now we know even more about reasons of Psalm's fanatical devotion to GB and Luna.

Knowing Somber next Psalm dream will have her eating babies or something, just to compensate. And I still wont be able to rage at her, ever again.

Takon Orlani
November 4 2012, 12:50:56 PM
Somber you're killing me.

dzajic
November 4 2012, 04:15:49 PM
GTFO I though he updated. :(

SkyRocket
November 5 2012, 11:40:42 AM
Not shure if spoiler, its an image from Broken Steel.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-i5364uyzo0A/UJQjTGjOGSI/AAAAAAAAKtw/gmWRP_JE_ds/s1600/AppletartLongshotFOEBrokenSteel.png

Takon Orlani
November 8 2012, 04:08:21 AM
Not shure if spoiler, its an image from Broken Steel.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-i5364uyzo0A/UJQjTGjOGSI/AAAAAAAAKtw/gmWRP_JE_ds/s1600/AppletartLongshotFOEBrokenSteel.png

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/Nope.jpg

dzajic
November 12 2012, 12:14:11 AM
No update yet. :(

Anyway. To the most slowly read chapter of anything I have read, ever.

So since now even Blackjack has figured out that she indeed could be Twilight's descendant, can we please finish those speculations once and for all and conclude what was painfully obvious from the start. Yes the astronaut mare become surrogate mother for Twilight's baby. Yes Blackjack is descendent of Twilight. Far more important than giving BJ true right to EC (once it finally activates descendant protocols), with cosmology of setting as it is, fact that Tarot went to the moon while in her surrogate mother's womb could be kinda important. Divine intervention explains Tarot's miraculous survival of Final Day and ending up in 99. And why world started moving so much faster after BJ emerged from her stable with EC.

Continues waiting for update...

Takon Orlani
November 14 2012, 03:46:00 AM
So have we all accepted that all our FoE spinoffs will never update ever again?
Edit: Just made the mistake of going to the cloudsville discussion board.. *shudder*

dzajic
November 14 2012, 01:06:28 PM
Fuuu... its been over a month now. Even if Somber was to resume at steady 1 chapter per month we are talking about minimum of three years left. I want to go back in time and strangle everyone on every site and forum who told him to "go slow and steady, no hurries" earlier this year when Somber asked his audience is he allowed to ... pretty much write filler in essence.

Takon Orlani
November 15 2012, 12:39:50 AM
He needs to map it out and wrap it up in 5 chapters. This is stupid.

Nu11u5
November 23 2012, 09:15:49 PM
The second printing of FoE may happen early next year. Some important people in the project have moved on to other things but the work and contacts are still there - it will just take a while longer.

Here are some really nice dust jackets I'll be looking forwards to printing off:
(Full quality originals - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/utt9av8g62bqat2/O9CzbpO89Z)

http://i.imgur.com/GeqnC.png
http://i.imgur.com/E4MJf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JOSSR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vir6R.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nLxGq.jpg

Mardil
November 23 2012, 10:33:25 PM
Only 300 sets tho, hopefully i can get in early...

How are you printing out the jackets?

Nu11u5
November 23 2012, 11:04:56 PM
300 set would be enough if interest is just under that of the first one. I have no idea what the actual interest is at this point.

I live in small town, so my options are Staples, Fedex Store (Kinkos), or an online shop. I'll start out by getting an idea of what paper I want to print on (probably a light-weight, coated semigloss), seeing who carries it and can cut it to size, and what the final prices will be for full page ink printing.

Ophichius
November 24 2012, 07:48:19 AM
Can you link to any more info on the second printing? I would be extremely interested in tracking that.

-O

Nu11u5
November 24 2012, 07:50:07 AM
Can you link to any more info on the second printing? I would be extremely interested in tracking that.

-O

http://book.fallout-equestria.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82

Fortior
November 24 2012, 08:32:45 AM
They guys doing the printing did a good job, I'm really happy with mine. It feels different for some reason to read FOE in book form.

Just need to get the dust jackets too.

Mardil
November 24 2012, 08:03:11 PM
Oh my...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17vKViOKKo806fc0nu1XGeLJKnI-Or2dbiWidnbT96cc/preview?sle=true

Fortior
November 24 2012, 08:23:08 PM
Oh my...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17vKViOKKo806fc0nu1XGeLJKnI-Or2dbiWidnbT96cc/preview?sle=true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jYj7T9eEQ4U

Takon Orlani
November 24 2012, 09:03:30 PM
Oh my...

WELL THERE GOES THAT PRODUCTIVE THING I WAS GOING TO DO

Laerise
November 26 2012, 03:42:23 PM
Oh my...

WELL THERE GOES THAT PRODUCTIVE THING I WAS GOING TO DO

Yeah, I just "lost" two hours as well :D Apart from the tank battle I don't think it was wasted though.
It'd be great if we got another chapter before christmass, one can only hope for the best.

Soapy5
November 29 2012, 01:32:05 AM
the tank battle was a pretty obvious homage to this:

NSFW for random cartoon boobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK8V9jG7Wjg

Takon Orlani
November 29 2012, 01:38:04 AM
Heroes also updated.

Muffinsrevenger
November 29 2012, 06:28:31 AM
Heroes also updated.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/276/2/b/that_look____by_mistermech-d5gq6bj.jpg

dzajic
November 29 2012, 05:47:44 PM
Different artist's take on Mac's Marauders.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/338872539/macintosh_marauders_team_shot_sketch_by_brisineo-d5lr7q3.png

God damn you Somber, it hurts knowing the sad and tragic fates of every single person in the picture.

LordsServant
November 29 2012, 09:03:22 PM
FINALLY unbanned.

Just for the record:
I did call glory's mom as leader of harbingers, just sayin.

Also, if you re-read Blackjack's "vision" of the future in Chapter 33 (Black, I believe - THAT chapter) - a lot more of it makes sense. Outside of the bit involving certain ponies we all know and love, the rest of it quite spot on considering the "choirs" we've seen, what we know about enervation, and now what we know about the core/the harbingers themselves. The generally horrible circumstances of that future are by no means prevented, just the group of ponies involved in it have changed slightlyDawn, Steel Rain, etc etc.

Also:

The return of Deus was awesome. I fucking love Deus/Doof. Easily one of my favorite ponies (outside of Pinkie Pie, Blackjack, Rampage, Applejack, Sweetie Belle/the CMC, in no particular order with the exception of Pinkie Pie being #1 ofc.) =D I wanna see what he does, and I sorta can't see that computer AI thing putting him in a tank without having some sorta override or killswitch like the implant in Steel Rain etc etc

dzajic
November 29 2012, 10:59:21 PM
Yes sir a cookie for you. At least he didn't drag it over a dozen chapters. Introduction in one chapter, reveal in next. I guess Somber understands that with one chapter every 5-6 weeks he can't draw out things that much.

As I haven't finished the chapter the last spoiler was a epic spoiler and wtf, have to finish it this night.

Its hilarious just how much would Blackjack be shitting her proverbial pants if she had clear recollection of her Ch33 vision (If she had Ch34 recollection she'd be starting a cult/army of her own, if not being completely Ia Ia Fhtagn insane). If I got the timings right Ch33 came out after FoE "10 years after" part. We've known all the way that vision was more of a vision and less of a dying pony's hallucination thanks to amount of stuff about FoE told there that BJ simply didn't know at the time.

While Core AI is a bit of a big thing introduced, there were sufficient hints and signs for a long time. Its also obviously insane or corrupted by The Thing Below. Very nice idea, gather all sentients in the world in your city to sing your song. I just wonder how much Dawn (and AI itself) know and how much are they mindcontrolled by The Cold Dark Heart of a Dead God Down Below (tm).

Previous chapter had a mention of Rampage taking a venture in the Core and rambling about really bad shit going on there.

Its becoming more and more likely that target of Horizons is the Thing Below. As I guessed, its likely problem is that it puts "entire planet" and "collateral damage" in same sentence.

I feel obliged to add my constant lament that dear god please let next chapter finally have Goddess go boom.

"BJ is descended from Twilight" thing is now officially confirmed and concluded trough and trough.

Edit. Finished the chapter. That was pretty epic. And BJ talking down the "tank" was well written. That's why I appreciate Somber's writing (when he isn't driving me mad with conspiracies and twists), a cliche scene that would be cheesy as hell in most live action shows or animes, and he makes it work. Same as for "episode inside the mind of the hero". Every StarGate or Star Trek show had one of those every couple of seasons, and Farscape, and every other show outh there. And most of the time they are "switch the channel or fast forward" inducing. And yet "BJ in a asylum" chapter was damn good.

Ofc big problem with PH is that there was already so many ubergood fight scenes that there isn't really much left to be done. My top two being ofc the first Blackjack's fight in the museum. (still all pony, drunk and unarmed) and the Yellow River Facility rampage.

LordsServant
December 20 2012, 09:42:48 PM
It sorta still makes sense to me, but I admittedly wrote that later on at night when I was buzzed....so. vOv

Me and Blackjack share a hobby :P

LordsServant
December 20 2012, 09:43:04 PM
Oh hey, double post is back. WHOOO +poastcount

Takon Orlani
December 21 2012, 04:24:08 AM
BJ should REALLY try weed instead of booze.

dzajic
December 21 2012, 12:57:12 PM
Please stop mentioning the awesome fic that now updates only once every month and a half or so at best. :( You are making the wait hurt even more.

Muffinsrevenger
December 21 2012, 05:17:52 PM
Please stop mentioning the awesome fic that now updates only once every month and a half or so at best. :( You are making the wait hurt even more.

This really is an actual problem (that i too suffer way to much from), but let me recommend to you (as it was recommended to me) to get into Murky Number Seven to pass the time
The best way to deal with addiction after all is to get addicted to something else (just avoid Med-X and PTM's)

dzajic
December 21 2012, 05:20:34 PM
Currently we have official dose of Pony once a week, so I'm keeping unread fics for after the season ends. Also and luckily new Dresden Files book is out, and I finally decided to watch all of Legend of Galactic Heroes.

But derp was it a change in pace, from weekly chapters to "when its done".

LordsServant
December 21 2012, 08:55:29 PM
Currently we have official dose of Pony once a week, so I'm keeping unread fics for after the season ends. Also and luckily new Dresden Files book is out, and I finally decided to watch all of Legend of Galactic Heroes.

But derp was it a change in pace, from weekly chapters to "when its done".

I'm fine with "when its done" as far as overall story length. This story is so damn good I'd almost be fine with it going on forever. :P

The problem I have is this somber suddenly having a RL. If you're gonna make such a damn awesome story that hooks ppl in, you can't just go off and stop posting regularly updates, we're all going into withdrawal.(I've re-read PH like 3-4 times, I do highly suggest this as TONS of tiny details from memory orbs and conversations pop out at you as being relevant to the later book as we know it.)

Muffinsrevenger
December 21 2012, 11:16:40 PM
I've re-read PH like 3-4 times, I do highly suggest this as TONS of tiny details from memory orbs and conversations pop out at you as being relevant to the later book as we know it

Oh god this
Every time Blackjack references her father, MANLY TEARS

Nu11u5
January 2 2013, 05:38:37 PM
Second Printing :!:
http://book.fallout-equestria.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85&sid=d081f1f6cfb9240f316ec6e131cc1ebf

The time has come everyone. The second printing has begun. Before I get you all more info on how to order a set I just want to take the time to thank everyone for waiting so patiently. Myself and all of the admins thank you very much. Now, on to the second printing info!

For all of you who are getting a set, whether it's your first or your second set there are going to be some actual deadlines this time and some general rules.

Starting from now until February the 17th, you will be able to sign up for a set.
You do not have to pay now but Do not sign up if you will not be able to pay for your books. This makes it harder for everyone.
The reason you do not pay now is because we will be getting a quote after we learn how many people have signed up for books.
The last sets were 73 USD if you need a general idea.
If you can please include your phone number in the sign up notes so we can contact you easier.
When you sign up, remember to set the project as Fallout: Equestria [Second Printing]

Now that the rules have been established, to sign up for your set, go to: http://book.fallout-equestria.com/signup/new/

Happy new year everypony.

Doomed Predator
January 2 2013, 07:00:36 PM
Any idea if you can pay for this via something that doesn't require a credit card? Like paysafe or preferably pay the damn postman?

Mortalitis
January 2 2013, 07:46:40 PM
Signed up, might actually be able to read FO:E at last, can't stand reading on a computer screen.

Nu11u5
January 2 2013, 07:52:57 PM
Last time iirc the payments were handled on a per-person basis. It should be fine to pay them in which ever manner you are able to. I'm sure a PayPal will be set up later as far as that option goes.

Mardil
January 2 2013, 09:06:33 PM
Signed up \o/

Muffinsrevenger
January 2 2013, 09:16:55 PM
Oh fuck, do want :D

Fortior
January 2 2013, 09:24:37 PM
Damn scrubs be too late for the party

That said, it's very nice to read FO:E in book form. I've spotted a few editing errors like missing/double punctuation etc, but I've bough books from professional publishers with worse editing. And it's great stuff to read a chapter now and then. Besides, they look pretty damn nice too :D Be sure to save .pdf dustjackets and dimensions needed to print them!

LordsServant
January 2 2013, 10:54:27 PM
signed up. \o/

I wonder if they'll do a project horizons printing. Might end up costing more in shipping due to the weight of all the pages somber's gonna take finishing LOL. =D

BOOLER
January 4 2013, 12:07:29 AM

This really is an actual problem (that i too suffer way to much from), but let me recommend to you (as it was recommended to me) to get into Murky Number Seven to pass the time
The best way to deal with addiction after all is to get addicted to something else (just avoid Med-X and PTM's)

Yes murky read it as full of win, also emo suggested the last sentinel to me, read it, now f5ing more fics :S

Muffinsrevenger
January 10 2013, 09:43:11 PM
So (as I mentioned before), I picked up and started reading Murky Number Seven after a recommendation from Booler
I had previously disregarded it on the basis of not liking the cover art (Sorry Zecora, I learn nothing), but since I trust Booler to be right about things I gave it a go after being told that “Is pretty good meeeight”
So far I’ve got a bit more than halfway through
And, well… just wow!

So for those of you who haven’t bothered looking at it or forgotten about what it was about, it’s a story about a young slave in Fillydelphia, working under Red Eye starting off at the time of Littlepip’s little visit
What makes it amazing is the way the narrative describes a character who has been raised in an environment where he has no ability to control his situation and how that absolutely massively fucks with the protagonists perception and views of the world around him

To take an example, let’s do a quick run-down on what the other big stories protagonists do when they came across a standard-fair classical wasteland raider:
Littlepip would shoot the raider (Or drop something heavy on it) while feeling sad about the decay about equestria

Blackjack would get shoot at, try to fix the raiders decayed lifestyle only to fail and then kill it with her bare hooves while crying like foal about it

Silver Storm would punch it to paste while raging at Flare

Puppysmiles would try to befriend it, and then kill it by accident with her pink cloud and promptly forget about the entire ordeal, being distracted by a shiny metal object or something similar

Frosty Windchills would take WAY to much pleasure from killing it using icy spikes

Now… Murky
Well, murky can’t actually kill the raider
In fact, if Murky comes across the raider he is likely to panic, cry and try to run away, only to get beaten up by a gang

…You see what I’m getting at here? There is no great hero-aspect tied to Murky, there is nothing making him the one pony able to deal with the worlds troubles and set along his path through the world
Instead, Murky is left trying to cope as best as he can with the really shitty world he inhabits, and has to try to endure or sneak his away from the hundreds of ponies trying to kill him out of hate, spite or just pure boredom

As is custom with Fallout Equestria-based stories, there are also a buckload of tiny details and references to the past, loads of as well as some genuinely hilarious dialogue (Weathervane, I’m looking at you (“For the glorious love of great fuck, will you shut the hell up in there and stop that endless fucking bullshittery?!”) …right)

In short, the story’s change of perspective from a Protagonist that is in control with an actual goal be to one that has little to no ability to take his own path and almost no initiative makes for great reading
However, there is one… small problem...

This story is abusive as all fuck of you as a reader
It just… It just keeps punching you right in the feels

And yet you can’t put it down or stop reading, because you want to know what happens next
It’s like being stuck in some strange abusive relationship where you keep coming back for more

The reading process for me so far can be recapped like this:
“Murky, What happened to your dreams?!”
PUNCH
“Damnit Murky you did not deserve that!”
PUNCH
“Oh damnit, HE is your father?!”
WHACK
“Goddamnit Glimmer, why is your parents over there!”
BANG
“So that’s the reason everything went wrong in the Stable!”
STAB
“Argh, that whole New Vegas thing!”
SMACK
“Wait shit THAT is sundail’s father?!”
AAARGH

If you haven’t already, and if you can take reading through the abuse it deals out to you as a reader, this thing is absolutely and most definatly worth your time

BOOLER
January 11 2013, 12:05:21 AM
Well muffins, you kind of hit the nail on the head with that description. Personally I am more eagerly awaiting an update to this story than PH, every chapter ends on a cliff hanger and meeeighhht you get so many punches in the gut reading it. BUT there is always the slightest Glimmer (get it?) of hope for the poor little chap!

Oh, and one of the greatest FoE chapters ever written is 'The Mare in the Mirror' mantears were had and (spoiler for emo) message from pinkie

dzajic
January 11 2013, 12:40:38 AM
Is that chapter from Murky no7? Edit, googled it, yes it is. Google also showed me that MN7 hasn't updated since October. Nope. Not freaking touching it. No more unfinished fics.

BOOLER
January 11 2013, 12:53:30 AM
Understandable, it isn't finished though, the writer has had some medical probs (checked out on tumblr) http://murkynumberseven.tumblr.com/
new chapter this month, and regular updates expected!

Mardil
January 13 2013, 06:54:53 PM
So a little bird told me that something is updating today....

F5 F5 F5

LordsServant
January 13 2013, 07:35:39 PM

F5 F5 F5

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

HOOOOHAAAAHHOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAHOOOOOHAAAA

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGhhh

oh god

cant wait
the excitementz z xv

aesfojdshgkfjshgxzkl

Takon Orlani
January 13 2013, 10:55:50 PM

F5 F5 F5

YOU DIE IF ITS NOT TRUE

Mardil
January 13 2013, 11:02:28 PM

F5 F5 F5

YOU DIE IF ITS NOT TRUE

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion
by Somber Yesterday at 11:43 pm

We made good progress. Ch 53 should be out tomorrow. nasty, short little channel, but progress. Hopefully the horrible will be fixed and to everyone's enjoyment.

Also the placeholder in GDocs got updated with Ch54 placeholder, usually dont do that before previous chapter is out

But hey we all know how great somber is at schedules

Mardil
January 14 2013, 12:02:35 AM
Woop woop

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h4sYwIEzBE37hrD9_9J-UBJZLnSEA5hUlbR7HNIPez8/edit

dzajic
January 14 2013, 12:06:05 AM
Scroll slider is so tiny. Epic!

Takon Orlani
January 14 2013, 12:15:08 AM
Well so much for anything

dzajic
January 14 2013, 02:50:40 AM
Echo... :(

Takon Orlani
January 14 2013, 12:29:31 PM
Well we finally know who dealer is.
Blackjack gets a makeover.
I don't think anything gets killed this chapter.

dzajic
January 14 2013, 01:12:11 PM
Any bets, can Somber draw next chapter long enough so Goddess doesn't die in it yet? I'm wiling for "yes he can". Longest 3 days in history of Equestria.

Edit. Updating as I read.

Tokaomare.

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1336/56/1336568413511.jpg

GG Somber GG. It's actually worse than I expected. Edit2. The research team introduction. Way way worse than I could have imagined.

Edit 3. Memory orb over. Whoa. I love when Somber leaves me speechless. Only question remains, was the final incident part of whatever is Zebra Cthulhu cult tribe called conspiracy or just a unexpected and unprecedented fuck up. We know that final command given was to increase Tokomare power as much as possible to strengthen the shield when the bombs started falling. And then Core got liquified. My humble guesses about nature of Tokomare fell so much short of actuality. Knowing Somber its more likely to end as a fuck up over a cult conspiracy. I can imagine situation where in those final minutes Amadai is begging and screaming not to punch up the "reactor" any bit further, with Horse remaining cynical and skeptic and tells technicians to do what generals are calling for.

Edit 4. Project Horizons!

Called it. Kill the fossilized soul of a dark god, take out the planet as collateral damage. I didn't expect for Eater of Souls to be that exposed. Though it was burred under hundreds of meters or kilometers of rocks. And that optimal mixture ratio was 1000:1. While spells may have been used to collect the needed moonstone, we heard enough talk about reopening of space program before the end an it being directly linked to PH.

Edit5.
Psalm dream. That was unexpected.

Dear God, amount of stuff that was told in this chapter is astounding. I guess Somber decided to reward us a little bit for the long wait. Still I don't like setting up two new side quests for BJ.

Derp. The fuck. I mean thank you Somber. But really all this in one chapter. And I'm not really done yet. Just went over BJs little chat with "Dealer".
Whowidy fucking wow. This chapter, so much stuff.

Chapter 53, also known as "Chapter where nothing much happens and everything freaking happens".

Found something nice.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/359/a/e/office_of_interministry_affairs_by_aaronmk-d5p6e9x.png

Nu11u5
January 25 2013, 09:51:23 PM
Second printing pre-orders have reached critical mass and will definitely be going to press. No further details as of yet. If you still want to get in on this and buy a copy, be sure to sign up before too long. Nvm, looks like the pre-orders are at some kind of limit (that was within 10 days of opening signups). New orders will only be accepted as people decline payment.

http://book.fallout-equestria.com/

Muffinsrevenger
January 25 2013, 10:30:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Oe9aHT1.png

LordsServant
January 25 2013, 10:35:17 PM
Aww man I can't wait to get mine. I've only read FOE twice I think. (read PH thru Sanguine's conclusion probably 4-6 times).

Do they not come with dust covers? That seems to be what it looks like to me. Can we order them separately, or does anyone know a good place to get some from(obviously with those chill as fuck FOE pictures on em I saw on their forums)?

Nu11u5
January 25 2013, 10:39:48 PM
There are no official dust covers being shipped with the books. When you open the box you will just see 5 bare hardcovers with foil emblems on the cover and spine.

There is a dust cover thread on their forums with links to download several people's cover designs, ready to be print, cut, and folded. Take them to a local printer (Kinkos, UPS Store, Staples, etc) or look for an online printer and have them printed on some kind of light semigloss paper.

Mortalitis
January 25 2013, 10:44:04 PM
Looks like I will finally get to read FOE soon

LordsServant
January 31 2013, 10:36:54 PM
I swear I'm always afraid to post in this thread (like everyone else) because I know everyone will rush here and go "ZOMG HAS *insert FOE sidefic here* UPDATED????" only to be dissapointed.

My apologies on that. :P

I was just wondering if anyone knows where the FoE hardcover books ship from? I heard we're supposed to start getting notifications and/or get them printed in feb, so I'm getting antsy waiting on my pony fix....I'm specifically holding off reading FoE for a 3rd(I think) time until I get them in GLORIOUS HARDCOVER BOOKZ LIKE IN OLDEN TIMES and now it's starting to drive me crazy. I'm assuming they ship from the USA, so for me it'd be 1-2 weeks depending on when they get printed...so mid/end of feb maybe?

Anyone with more experience know?

Mardil
January 31 2013, 10:40:28 PM
San Diego

And apparantly they dont ship until April-May

Nu11u5
January 31 2013, 10:45:02 PM
For the last set they talked of having people volunteer for bulk distribution in different regions/countries, but I don't know if that actually happened then or will this time.

LordsServant
January 31 2013, 10:52:50 PM
San Diego

And apparantly they dont ship until April-May

Oh god. =(

I guess I can go ahead and re-read FOE then. It should still retain that awesome feeling as long as I haven't re-read it in the previous month or two.

Why the huge lag time? Rather depressing, and I'm sorta nervous as I'll be going back to college this fall. Currently in NH, but I'll be moving down to GA as that's where college is/parents are willing to help with money. Last thing I want is for me to have to move only for my books to arrive late and I never get them. Having a minor freakout atm. :S

EDIT: Is my 2 week estimate good for the time from "we have shipped ze bookz" to "lookit dat sexy package Im holding right now?"

I also understand these guys are easier to talk to than some faceless publishing company from the way they deal with payments. Would it be too much to assume I could explain my predicament and possibly get them to change the mailing address last-minute if I learn I'll be moving before I get my books?

Nu11u5
January 31 2013, 10:57:01 PM
They are probably using some third-rate Indian print shop, and shipping by Chinese cargo ship, whose schedules are basically "when we get to them".

LordsServant
January 31 2013, 11:05:22 PM
They are probably using some third-rate Indian print shop, and shipping by Chinese cargo ship, whose schedules are basically "when we get to them".

At first I was kinda freaked out/worried. But then I started laughing irl. Then I had a worrying thought, but naw, still laughing as I type this.

Who's a silly filly? NU11U5 IS! =P

Mortalitis
January 31 2013, 11:55:33 PM
Get them shipped to your parents? I am sure they will have a system for changing delivery address anyway.

Nu11u5
February 1 2013, 12:09:42 AM
No, that's really how it can work.

My friend decided he wanted to print off a hundred cases of a card game he designed (it didn't sell well :\ ) and it took all summer for them to come in. It was cheap, though.

Not wanting to alarm you. The craftsmanship was fine and he was explained the time tables when he ordered.

Muffinsrevenger
February 1 2013, 11:16:47 PM
Oooh, new update on The Last Sentinel (or, "Goddamnit frosty y u do that to others?!"), this gonna be good!

Have 2-3 chapters on all of the really good stories to catch up with now, looking forward to spending a few days enjoying them when things settle down again

Takon Orlani
February 2 2013, 01:23:06 AM
No update on heroes, no update on PH

LordsServant
February 2 2013, 04:03:59 PM
No update on heroes, no update on PH

spikenooooooo.gif

Rataa
February 10 2013, 09:15:45 PM
Murky Number Seven chapter 16 is out.

http://murkynumberseven.tumblr.com/

Takon Orlani
February 10 2013, 10:52:11 PM
That's not the fiction I'm reading.

Muffinsrevenger
February 10 2013, 11:45:52 PM

Do it mate, 'tis brilliant

LordsServant
February 11 2013, 12:47:31 AM

GAWD DAMMIT!

I was all pumped for a PH update too. :(

When is somber gonna get this next chapter out?

I need to catch up on heroes first tbh before I go reading murky number 7.

BOOLER
February 13 2013, 08:35:43 AM
Murky Number Seven chapter 16 is out.

http://murkynumberseven.tumblr.com/

For some reason I only realized it was out yesterday, even after apparently emo told me a few days before.

Oh damn... just when you think it can not get any worse for poor Murky. Finally though Brimstone returns after what feels like weeks (but literally a couple days in story). The next chapter will be very interesting. Brim will totally be on the warpath

LordsServant
February 13 2013, 10:29:16 PM
I fucking hate you for bumping this thread. :(

I get this amazing surge of hope and then BAM NO FUCKING PH UPDATE. arghagrhgerehgrhegrhergehrge.

We need to have more regular conversation in this thread so there's not that "one update after a week of nothing - MUST BE A MAJOR FANFIC UPDATING OMGAHOMGAHOMGAHOMGAH!!!111111!!!!!!111!!!!!1!!" :P

dzajic
February 14 2013, 12:47:55 AM
If you want to talk then talk. Barely anyone commented on latest PH update. Still holding on Pink Eyes, I fear too much that once I start reading it will be "25 sleepless hour later, epilogue, and then I fall into a bed and sleep for 30 hours". Would rather start re-reading PH than tackling on Heroes or Murky #7, I do not want to be reading more unfinished fics and agonizing over updates.

Edit. Yeah I tried reading Pink Eyes again. And again, no. Introductory chapter makes my heart feel so heavy with my eyes being kinda... moist.

Takon Orlani
February 17 2013, 03:08:41 PM
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/662/27/fallout-equestria-heroes/chapter-26-zero-point

dzajic
February 17 2013, 04:13:31 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/047/7/5/f_e_fates____applejack_by_tomcullen-d5v6wy1.jpg

The feels man, the feels.

Also, certain fanfic has a new chapter name up. Try not the break those F5 keys.

Edit. Question to people who've read PH couple times already and know where is everything in which chapter. In which chapter does Psalm kill Pinkie?

Also, if it updates today or tomorrow it will still be 5 chapters in 7 months. :(

Shade Millith
February 18 2013, 07:04:54 AM
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/662/27/fallout-equestria-heroes/chapter-26-zero-point

Getting real close to learning how Foundation died. Publicly hung by raiders, perhaps because of Silver/Hired's defiance?

LordsServant
February 18 2013, 11:26:37 AM
Well either I missed a chapter(unlikely) or ph just got a new one.

wtf invincible zebra warriors? That definitely seems like some kind've black book tier magic going on. It's like fighting rampage, but he can also use magic. Dubya tee eff.

dzajic
February 18 2013, 12:07:35 PM
Ahem, my post with that picture announced that chapter name was up and that F5 keys were overheating. I think it came out sometimes during EU TZ night.

LordsServant
February 18 2013, 12:13:19 PM
Ahem, my post with that picture announced that chapter name was up and that F5 keys were overheating. I think it came out sometimes during EU TZ night.

Relatively intense chapter. I need to update my e-reader on my ipad. The chapter's ive been re-reading, for me at least, represent the first "half" of the book.

Aka chapter 1 through Sanguine(and p-21's moment of truth.) I haven't re-read any of the later chapters, should probably do so as they're beginning to stack up. Even with not re-reading the latest chapters, theres so much tiny stuff that you learn about later that, when in their given time period makes you go "OMG."

It's also nice to see more Zebra stuff going on. ;)

dzajic
February 18 2013, 05:41:48 PM
A day well spent. :P There was really only one or two opportunities in this chapter to make a real break and leave rest for other days, too much action to allow you to break away from reading it.

First I read the afterward, just wanting to know will Somber say anything about release schedule and S3 finale. Got a bit alarmed for his apologies about Psalm, so I was very worried about what might happen.

And nothing did. Yes we got confirmation for something that was implied in chapter 4 or 5, and was pretty much a dead certainty for last 5 or 6 chapters. At least there wasn't GB over the comlink saying "take the shot". Would have been so much easier for all involved that way.

That last fight. First thought was "Why is Zebra Legate a earthbender". Later corrected into "he's the Avatar?!?". That y-scar on his chest is all confirmation we need that he has blackest of magic talismans in his chest.

LNR PLC
Oh I wonder what could it possibly be. :P For someone who just picked up +1 INT BJ is still a bit slow.

Also that request timer. Assuming its been running for last 200 years you get around one request per 10 minutes. That gives us 21 hour remaining till request timeout and presumed PH activation. Even if we assume its been somewhat over 200 years it doesn't change numbers much, and system will activate sometime in next day or two at max.

Hopefully BJ will be true to her statement that Shadowbolt Tower is her next destination. And we could get to see Derpy appear. "Someone with a flying vehicle". So BJ brings EC-1101 to Shadowbolt command, and its either the final destination or it tries to route to Maripony (lol, almost typed Mariposa) for one last time, certain bomb finally explodes, Maripony goes completely off the grid and EC-1101 initiates descendants protocol allowing BJ to stop/delay PH activation with seconds to spare.

I'm really talking about stuff out of order here. I'm certain that Lacunea didn't pull the trigger. She just said that to make Blackjack feel better. Since she apparently still isn't ready to tell Blackjack the whole truth. "Oh you know how Unity used me for 200 years as dumping ground for regrets and bad memories, well I kinda did same thing to you and dumped all of Psalm into your head".

Takon Orlani
February 18 2013, 05:51:50 PM
Please post link...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

dzajic
February 18 2013, 06:04:41 PM
I don't even want to know what intertubes sorcery is preventing you from accessing it the usual way.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rtrTiGQRP1TZJ0EFnKKkj-ltsWTbQhMok22aK9SQUpo/preview?sle=true

Takon Orlani
February 18 2013, 06:38:30 PM
I'm not at my pc... Thanks.

dzajic
February 19 2013, 06:44:54 PM
Lolz. Was trying to google if anyone has done any new Dealer aka Echo art. Didn't find it. But I did find a guy on reddit guessing that Dealer is Echo some 4 months ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/falloutequestria/comments/11ggob/what_is_dealer_if_not_just_an_echo/

Those of you on reddit could do whatever is reddit equivalent of + repping a guy.

While over-analyzing MlP:FiM show episodes usually leads to inane panic and rampart paranoia on base of animation glitches, over-analyzing fanfics, PH especially, is expected and encouraged.

Takon Orlani
February 21 2013, 01:05:05 AM
Blast from the past:

"Angels On The Moon"
(opening music) - fade in on wrought iron fence with "Fallout: Equestria" written in sculpted iron bars; zoom in on fence spikes as they are changed into ponies, rotate to see Rarity casting her sculpting spell

Do you dream that the world will know your name? - Rarity and Dash at Maripony

So tell me your name - Rarity, walking away as Dash talks to Torchwood, passes a Ministry of Peace poster

Do you care about all the little things - Fluttershy arriving on the battlefield/Angel dashing through the halls of the MoP hub in Canterlot

Or anything at all? - Fluttershy wailing as Angel holds her; the zebra missiles striking the shield over Canterlot visible outside her window

I wanna feel, all the chemicals inside - Pinkie Pie's Last Party

I wanna feel - Pinkamina Diane Pie seeing the mirror and pulling off the cover

I wanna sunburn, just to know that I'm alive - Applejack at the MTW hub as Zecora is mobbed

To know I'm alive - Applejack stepping out of the elevator and seeing Zecora; zoom in on the black pupils of her eyes until nothing is visible but darkness

Don't tell me if I'm dying, 'cause I don't wanna know - Darkness erupts into Twilight Sparkle speaking into the Maripony camera, trying to warn ponies

If I can't see the sun, maybe I should go - {Redacted}

Don't wake me 'cause I'm dreaming - Spike asleep in his cave...

Of angels on the moon - ...as the bombs go off and the pegasi close up the sky

Where everyone you know never leaves too soon - Zoom in on Spike’s collection of statuettes

Do you believe, in the day that you were born - The CMC meeting in Red Racer / CMC3BFF

Tell me do you believe? - {Redacted}

Do you know, that everyday's the first - Sweetie Belle watching as ponies file by, the last being Applejack

Of the rest of your life? - Sweetie Belle closing the door to Stable 2

Don't tell me if I'm dying, 'cuase I don't wanna know - Scootaloo coughing up blood at the Rock of Destiny

If I can't see the sun, maybe I should go - Apple Bloom in Stable Zero as Fillydelphia is hit

Don't wake me 'cause I'm dreaming, of angels on the moon - Celestia holding Luna as she dies

Where everyone you know , never leaves too soon. - Zoom in on Luna’s collection of statuettes

This is to one last day in the shadows, and to know a brother's love - Applejack at Big Macintosh’s funeral / Big Macintosh memorial

This is to New York City angels - Silver Spoon at her terminal as the flash of the balefire bomb erases her and much of Manehattan

And the rivers of our blood - Diamond Tiara bleeding out in the bathroom at Shattered Hoof

This is to all of us - Rainbow Dash showing off Enclave armor in the Mane Six’s last gathering

To all of us - Rarity in the spa bathroom staring at the picture of her friends behind the cracked glass

Don't tell me if I'm dying, 'cause I don't wanna know - {Redacted}

If I can't see the sun, maybe I should go - {Redacted}

Don't wake me 'cause I'm dreaming of angels on the moon - Petrified Angel guarding Fluttertree

Where everyone you know never leaves too soon - Rainbow Dash placing the last of the orbs in the burning hoof box

You can tell me all your thoughts about the stars that fill polluted skies - Meteor shower devastating the ancient zebra village (per Littlepip’s dream)

And show me where you run to when no one's left to take your side - Star Sparkle being saved by her husband as the Pink Cloud takes him

But don't tell me where the road ends, 'cause I just don't wanna know - Rainbow Dash and Gilda on the cliffside

No I don't wanna know - Fade to black...

Don't tell me if I'm dying - ...still black... ...Don't tell me if I'm dying... - Fallout: Equestria

Did ANYONE ever make the art of these scenes or a video?

Mardil
February 21 2013, 01:57:59 PM
If anyone didnt get in on the FOE print and want one, they upped the limit to 800 copies (300 ish remaining)

SkyRocket
February 21 2013, 02:07:58 PM
If anyone didnt get in on the FOE print and want one, they upped the limit to 800 copies (300 ish remaining)

Thank you very much for posting this :D:D:D:D:D:D:

Doomed Predator
February 21 2013, 05:17:10 PM
Signed up, might as well have something to remember these times in a few decades.

Muffinsrevenger
February 21 2013, 05:44:16 PM
Signed up, might as well have something to remember these times in a few decades.

This :)

Takon Orlani
February 24 2013, 04:00:07 AM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/203/2/4/blackjack___forever_by_shardii-d5872tn.png

Muffinsrevenger
February 24 2013, 11:03:09 AM
That one has been my ts3 avatar for the last few months, sneaky queen best queen

This thread however needs more frustrating yellow annoyances:

http://i.imgur.com/bOf5VUu.png

LordsServant
February 25 2013, 08:13:31 PM
Muffins plse tell me theres more.

WTB: Deus, Gorgon, Brutus, Big Daddy, Paladin Bombs, Steel Rain, Blackjack, and one of all the Marauders(Doof is best pony) =D

dzajic
February 25 2013, 08:43:27 PM
For PH art check this guy:

http://mistermech.deviantart.com/

Has a lot of BJ, and fre Deus, Steel Rain and Gorgon

But I think you already know all of his art.

Sadly Internets are very lacking in Maraduer pics. This remains best group portrait yet.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/198/a/3/macintosh__s_marauders_group_picture_by_datanassi-d57f85y.png

I'm still hoping this guy someties does revision and color of this one:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/325/b/3/macintosh_marauders_team_shot_sketch_by_brisineo-d5lr7q3.png

Muffinsrevenger
February 25 2013, 08:43:54 PM
Muffins plse tell me theres more.

WTB: Deus, Gorgon, Brutus, Big Daddy, Paladin Bombs, Steel Rain, Blackjack, and one of all the Marauders(Doof is best pony) =D

his deviantart (http://fallout-equestria.deviantart.com/art/FO-Project-Horizons-Psychoshy-Wallpaper-306574876)

He also made this one, and iirc all the chars are available as "stand alone"

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/044/2/4/fallout_equestria__project_horizons_by_fore_trekke r-d4plfuw.jpg

Muffinsrevenger
February 25 2013, 08:45:45 PM
For PH art check this guy:

http://mistermech.deviantart.com/

Has a lot of BJ, and fre Deus, Steel Rain and Gorgon

Yeah, that guy has some seriously awesome sketches of PH stuff, as well as some self-made comic-style side stories from some thumbler he was doing, well worth browsing through his gallery

dzajic
February 26 2013, 10:47:53 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/057/d/c/a_tale_of_the_times_of_old____by_madhotaru-d5wap4x.png

Source
http://madhotaru.deviantart.com/art/A-tale-of-the-times-of-old-356577729

Takon Orlani
February 27 2013, 01:52:15 AM
I like.

dzajic
March 2 2013, 11:02:56 PM
A new rendering of everyone's favorite most fucked up pony in the wasteland.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/061/2/e/spiritofthwwolf__blackjack_by_piecee01-d5wog26.jpg

Edit. A big group portrait. Doesn't include all the fics and all the characters, but still a lot of them.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/046/f/4/wip__fo_e_face_it_together_by_piecee01-d5uzvfc.png
http://piecee01.deviantart.com/art/WIP-FO-E-Face-it-together-354393048?q=favby%3Amistermech%2F47779947&qo=37

Muffinsrevenger
March 3 2013, 01:09:27 AM
A new rendering of everyone's favorite most fucked up pony in the wasteland.

Woot! I was about to post the original sketch for that one, pretty awesome to see how it turned out colored!

Mardil
March 5 2013, 10:02:39 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/064/8/c/run__shoot__kill____and_cry____by_rublegun-d5wy0qx.png

dzajic
March 5 2013, 10:24:15 PM
Niiice. I barely remember ancient ancient chapters when BJ was still only flesh and blood and shotguns were the cool new toy and passion of hers.

Oh, same comrade also did one of Dealer.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/361/b/9/card_by_rublegun-d5pd77a.png

There really seams to be more than fair share of Russians among fans of FoE and PH. (I guess compared to "Russian Classics" PH isn't that dark and bleak any more :P)

Muffinsrevenger
March 14 2013, 06:42:40 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyin0kZQxVBccrO9CNj251Ohmr4voXH rYQM_jAsSEXNKOn7AO2mw

LordsServant
March 14 2013, 06:54:31 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyin0kZQxVBccrO9CNj251Ohmr4voXH rYQM_jAsSEXNKOn7AO2mw

Gawdammit. I know you posted that just to troll us all. :P

(Also, is lol and I know the reference)

dzajic
March 20 2013, 12:11:24 AM
Sorry for bumping. I know I know. So apparently instead of writing new chapter Somber revised the last one, and announced it in big huge eye painful letters. But as I skim over the revised one, I just can't find any major differences at crucial points. Anyone of you fine gents have a saved version of original chapter for comparison?

Mardil
March 20 2013, 12:20:39 AM
Yeah original docs is still up:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rtrTiGQRP1TZJ0EFnKKkj-ltsWTbQhMok22aK9SQUpo/edit

dzajic
March 20 2013, 01:07:37 AM
Some text comparison plugins later...

Slight wording changes in Psalm scene. A short new passage when talking about who pulled the trigger. Legate scene nearly completely rewritten. Minor changes here and there.

Edit. Saaawyyy. Though it counted that I apologized in first bump. Most justified neg rep I've gotten in ages. :)

Write Somber, write!

Takon Orlani
March 20 2013, 01:37:12 AM
Negrep for not apologizing for posting in this thread without an update

Muffinsrevenger
March 20 2013, 11:54:17 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/38c6d31de421170bbbe714592e6a107b/tumblr_mit1xr0kTN1s60n9no1_1280.jpg

LordsServant
April 9 2013, 03:19:10 PM
In other news, I found out I am going to be unemployed in June. Yay...

I'm a terrible person for saying this, but....YAY!

Being unemployed is generally a bad thing for people, but we all know somber writes more when he/she's not employed. :p

Some of the best news for the story I've heard in ages. Maybe ph will be finished by the end of the year? ;)

Nu11u5
April 15 2013, 06:06:48 PM
Did anyone sign up for the second printing of FoE?

Invoices were just emailed. Price is $74.08, to be paid by 5/11.

LordsServant
April 15 2013, 06:15:12 PM
><><><

My financial situation has changed a huge amount between when I ordered them and now. I thought we were supposed to pay for these/order them back in feb or w/e. 3-4 month gap is huge for me, and I have since moved AND am currently unemployed.

Is there anyone possibly interested in my set? I don't see me being able to afford them at present. :(

Mortalitis
April 15 2013, 07:16:41 PM
Here is your payment information.

$59.05 USD Book cost
$47.95 USD Shipping cost
$0.94 USD Box and packing materials cost
$1.00 USD Emergency screwup fund
$0.68 USD Storage fund
$5.00 USD Paypal transaction fee

Your total comes to: $114.62 USD and is due by the 11th of May, 2013.

Good job I got £1800 deployed to my account today from student loans :razor:

SkyRocket
April 15 2013, 07:39:12 PM
I Haven't received their email, I am woried

SkyRocket
April 15 2013, 07:43:21 PM

$59.05 USD Book cost
$47.95 USD Shipping cost
$0.68 USD Storage fund

I share your saddness for over sea shipping...:(

Muffinsrevenger
April 15 2013, 08:11:11 PM

$59.05 USD Book cost
$47.95 USD Shipping cost
$0.68 USD Storage fund

Same, all of the fuck, but honestly who cares...

PHYSICALFALLOUT'QUERSTRIAFUCKYEAH :DDD

Fortior
April 15 2013, 08:20:53 PM

$59.05 USD Book cost
$47.95 USD Shipping cost
$0.68 USD Storage fund

Same, all of the fuck, but honestly who cares...

PHYSICALFALLOUT'QUERSTRIAFUCKYEAH :DDD
I can confirm they are indeed very nice. Think I've read them all twice by now

Mortalitis
April 15 2013, 11:27:28 PM

$59.05 USD Book cost
$47.95 USD Shipping cost
$0.68 USD Storage fund

Yeah, it is a lot of money, but for about half a dozen books they will weigh a fair bit.

SkyRocket
April 18 2013, 07:51:42 PM
It is done, I've sent the Bits from FoE printouts
I feel a poorer but a happier Bronie

Mortalitis
April 18 2013, 10:13:48 PM
It is done, I've sent the Bits from FoE printouts
I feel a poorer but a happier Bronie

Me too. Now we play the waiting game and hope I don't remember any of the spoilers.

Nu11u5
April 18 2013, 11:05:21 PM
It's been about a year since I read FoE. Getting these books in (whenever that happens) will be my cue to read it again.

I'm still not touching PH until it has an ending.

Mardil
April 19 2013, 08:33:54 PM
Past Sins print ran into trouble: http://www.equestriapublications.org/

Does this spell trouble for FOE print aswell?

SkyRocket
April 19 2013, 08:40:06 PM
Past Sins print ran into trouble: http://www.equestriapublications.org/

Does this spell trouble for FOE print aswell?

Begone DEMON, spread thy lies elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I don't even want to think of not getting my printouts

Ophichius
April 19 2013, 09:00:18 PM
Paypal being dicks, no shock there.

And to think I opened a Paypal account just to buy the FOE books. Let's hope they don't decide to dick over the FOE print.

-O

Nu11u5
April 19 2013, 09:20:35 PM
Paypal being dicks, no shock there.

And to think I opened a Paypal account just to buy the FOE books. Let's hope they don't decide to dick over the FOE print.

-O

I've never heard of PayPal demanding proof of the items before disbursing funds, but supposedly that is a new policy. All that would need to be done is switch to a different payment processor like Google Checkout. This isn't that big of a deal beyond everyone having to get (automatically) refunded and reissue the payment.

dzajic
April 19 2013, 10:03:02 PM
Oh for the love of god and all that is holy stop bumping it. Especially on Fridays and weekends. I get that faint shimmer of hope every single time, and every single time it is crushed.

Re: Printing. I guess Pay Pall got fed up with people who got their money scammed away and went to whine at pay pal for it or something like that.

Nu11u5
April 19 2013, 10:30:27 PM
Somber will never finish PH :shitshit:

:bump:

Mortalitis
April 20 2013, 12:20:03 AM
Next time they should use kickstarter or a similar site.

Fortior
April 29 2013, 09:22:14 PM
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/fallout-equestria-project-horizons.html

!!!!!!!!

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

SkyRocket
April 29 2013, 09:30:14 PM
Just because it's cute:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cxvov-B6z88/Tg-zMW08H3I/AAAAAAAAG2c/XdvGciSTrr4/s1600/pyrelight.png

dzajic
April 30 2013, 12:21:33 AM
Its alive, its aliiiiivee!!!

Now I can re-re-read previous chapter since it got revised again, I was putting it off for when next aka this latest chapter comes out.

Edit. I don't need to, yeeey. Once again thank god for Notepad++ and all its plugins.

Edit again. Wow, re-rewrite of Ch54 really changed a lot of things. Entire confrontation with Legate is very different now. And yes, much better than original "Wtf am I reading" one.

LordsServant
April 30 2013, 02:15:33 AM
That thing I was gonna do tonight?

Yeah that's not happening anymore(or rather I'm gonna be triple boxing important stuff while reading this now lol). ;)

dzajic
April 30 2013, 02:33:39 AM
Going to sleep, will read rest of Ch55 tomorrow (ok, today, but when there is sun outside). Just skimmed over to confirm one major concern. Certain bomb has not yet exploded. Slowest 5 days in history of Wasteland (and fanfiction). So maybe in late May or early June. Maybe. :somber:

Muffinsrevenger
May 25 2013, 07:16:23 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UUuEFPL_CJw/UaD3SfAoA2I/AAAAAAAAj_E/hypJkN3RyVI/s1600/CommissionTheDealerSpeaksFOE.png

XenosisReaper
June 10 2013, 12:53:06 AM
So, I don't normally post :seriously: in this subforum, however.

I can't find a working PDF/ebook download link for the entire original story, please help

Nu11u5
June 10 2013, 02:11:45 AM
So, I don't normally post :seriously: in this subforum, however.

I can't find a working PDF/ebook download link for the entire original story, please help

http://jlryan.deviantart.com/art/Fallout-Equestria-eReader-Official-298931230

google: fallout equestria ebook, first result.

If this is your first readthrough, stick through the first few chapters. The book takes a while to find its pace.