PDA

View Full Version : 01/JUL 20:00 No Holes Barred vs. Team Liquid

smuggo
July 1 2012, 01:12:53 PM
Discuss

Mortvvs
July 1 2012, 08:00:35 PM
Team Liquid in Tengus, i am genuinely suprised.

Varcaus
July 1 2012, 08:05:07 PM
Team Liquid in Tengus, i am genuinely suprised.Not sure how it work if they faced a non retarded setup.

Cosmin
July 1 2012, 08:07:19 PM
Armour Sleipnirs... :psyduck:

DocBlood
July 1 2012, 08:08:08 PM
:psyduck:

Mr Marram
July 1 2012, 08:17:39 PM
Armor

:psyduck:

Cosmin
July 1 2012, 08:32:57 PM
:facepalm:

Seems legit in US. Also not my first language, but point taken.

Tyrus Tenebros
July 2 2012, 12:05:08 AM
:facepalm:

Seems legit in US. Also not my first language, but point taken.

yeah US english = armor, honor (etc.)

UK english typically = armour, honour.

Both are, technically, correct spellings.

Sponk
July 2 2012, 12:22:42 AM
Both are, technically, correct spellings.

Only if you think Webster's dictionary wasn't compiled by an aspie fucktard.

Funkert
July 2 2012, 01:43:58 AM
was hoping to see how well TL theorycrafting/metagame/lolmicro skills (assuming eve TL arent the worst of their worst) would translate to EVE. Guess we'll have to wait another match -_-

Tawa Suyo
July 2 2012, 03:30:42 AM
assuming eve TL arent the worst of their worst

Sadly they are :(

Bacchanalian
July 2 2012, 04:52:27 AM
Hay gies I hit F1 300 times in a minute does that maek win?

kyrieee
July 2 2012, 11:04:10 AM
Team Liquid is both an SC2 team and an SC2 forum, and the people playing EVE have no affiliation with the pro team

Funkert
July 2 2012, 11:11:37 AM
I know that. but it has always had a fair number of people who are smart and take their games and numbercrunching seriously(just like EVE dudes). Hell, some dudes from there got stupid rich playing poker.

I was just curious to see if any of those people are with the EVE guys

Suleiman Shouaa
July 2 2012, 01:03:29 PM
I know that. but it has always had a fair number of people who are smart and take their games and numbercrunching seriously(just like EVE dudes). Hell, some dudes from there got stupid rich playing poker.

Their team captain and CEO is the guy who made hundreds of billions off the default way the contract system was setup (would spam 5-6 pages worth of Gyros priced at 100m to make people think that was the normal price).

Also TeamLiquid in Tengus \o/

ry ry
July 2 2012, 01:04:37 PM

If you glimpse a their forums (but don't really they're awful) you'll find they are super-serious elite gamers. Eve is just the next title the collective Team Liquid Hive MindTM has decided to take to the minmax'd pwnzone.

They a big on: theorycrafting, mathematics, Winning, and constantly harping on about how bad everybody else is.
They dislike: fun and not Winning.

It's not particularly endearing but they seem fairly rigorous in all of the above. They'll always do better than casual (or just plain bad) players because of that - but i don't know if it's enough to separate them from the more experienced teams in the AT like PL or Hyd^H^H^HDarkside.

Generally speaking (we ran into them in local a few times lowsex incursioning a while back) they're not a particularly classy outfit, aggressively smacky and brim-full of angry. But they say they don't care and the only thing they do care about is pwning noobz, so who am i to argue?

Huja
July 2 2012, 01:48:22 PM
Team Liquid is both an SC2 team and an SC2 forum, and the people playing EVE have no affiliation with the pro team

We got liquid sheth in corp!

I remember running into you guys in fearless when we discovered how sick isk dualboxing incursions in low sec used to be.

AmaNutin
July 2 2012, 02:48:56 PM

We got liquid sheth in corp!

I remember running into you guys in fearless when we discovered how sick isk dualboxing incursions in low sec used to be.

First post should have been in the Image thread.
On the other hand the commentators so far have made this AT horrible, and while the prelims are bad to watch, at least last year I could keep sound on.

Stoffl
July 2 2012, 02:59:26 PM
First day wasn't bad.

Firebolt145
July 2 2012, 03:16:36 PM

If you glimpse a their forums (but don't really they're awful) you'll find they are super-serious elite gamers. Eve is just the next title the collective Team Liquid Hive MindTM has decided to take to the minmax'd pwnzone.

They a big on: theorycrafting, mathematics, Winning, and constantly harping on about how bad everybody else is.
They dislike: fun and not Winning.

It's not particularly endearing but they seem fairly rigorous in all of the above. They'll always do better than casual (or just plain bad) players because of that - but i don't know if it's enough to separate them from the more experienced teams in the AT like PL or Hyd^H^H^HDarkside.

Generally speaking (we ran into them in local a few times lowsex incursioning a while back) they're not a particularly classy outfit, aggressively smacky and brim-full of angry. But they say they don't care and the only thing they do care about is pwning noobz, so who am i to argue?

Some accurate, some not so accurate!

Snake
July 2 2012, 03:22:05 PM
>implying

You don't get FEARLESS. do you.