PDA

View Full Version : Atlantica Online

Mistress
April 19 2011, 10:10:04 PM
Most expensive "free to play" and in fact most expensive game I ever played :o !Any 1 else with same experience ?

Devec
April 20 2011, 03:08:23 AM
Contentless thread is contentless.

Let's start a discussion, what makes this better than the hordes of other mmo's around.

Melichor
April 20 2011, 04:18:15 AM
I take it this is one of those free to play games where you will get raped unless you provide credit card details so you can receive x amount of y to help you?

DracheK
April 20 2011, 05:57:44 AM
I never dropped a dime on that game. It was the most boringly grindy game ever, though. I picked up Planet Calypso and it seems eerily similar.

filingo
April 20 2011, 09:45:06 AM
i tried to install it a couple of times but the install was fucked, never got it working. its supposed to be ok but v0v

Winged Nazgul
April 20 2011, 01:04:55 PM
Most expensive "free to play" and in fact most expensive game I ever played :o !Any 1 else with same experience ?

That wasn't my experience when I played it regularly over the course of a couple of months. I rather thought I got good value but then I usually spent it on the monthly license packages. IMO it's a fantastic MMO that's got everything you could want in it and it's F2P. I heard they recently removed the Stamina mechanic so it should appeal even more to hardcore players.

Jolin
April 20 2011, 01:11:07 PM
I liked it when I played but was too grindy and I didn't want to spend anything so I quit.

Mistress
April 20 2011, 03:50:52 PM
Contentless thread is contentless.

Let's start a discussion, what makes this better than the hordes of other mmo's around.

Well I wont argue for "better" but is quite different .You have your Main and up to 8 merks in your team ,you may have 20+ merks with wide range of abilities to adapt your build to the specific task ,combat is in turns ,and not in real time.There are loads of special events ,jackpots and many other small things, you can "hotdrop" there too :lol: .

It has the same drawback as many other MMOs at end-game levels the annoying grind.The archer I was playing reached lv 128 before i quit.Another thing is how unavoidably slow the game becomes when you are Not an item shop user.

Winged Nazgul
April 20 2011, 04:15:54 PM
Most of the stuff you can get from the cash shop can be sold/traded to players just like Eve plexes. At least that's how it was when I still played.

stoat
April 20 2011, 06:32:50 PM
Spent maybe 20 bucks, sold 3 accounts for a total of 500 bux.

Would agree though, without spending RL cash or getting handouts from people who quit (plenty of these) it's very expensive to play without horribly grinding.

Melichor
April 22 2011, 03:26:17 AM
I played evony for a bit at work to pass the time, but its was fucking annoying having to farm npcs for a damn medal that will never drop so you can get more then two cities, only to have your neighbor with six cities rape you...not so fun so it turned me off from the whole "F2P" genre