PDA

View Full Version : Control Towers

Katamarino
April 9 2011, 08:55:23 PM
First.

I know fuck all about control towers and this was the only empty subforum for my pathetic triumph.

TimMc
April 9 2011, 10:54:40 PM
What do you want to know? They are pretty boring.

teds
April 10 2011, 05:34:07 PM
POS anchoring is slightly less fun than drinking bleach

FatFreddy
April 10 2011, 06:31:12 PM
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Starbase

you lazy man

Rudolf Miller
April 10 2011, 06:46:13 PM
POS anchoring is slightly less fun than drinking bleach

I've put one down in 14 minutes 43 seconds :)

Bleach I mean. Trying to set up a pos I blew my head off

TimMc
April 11 2011, 02:21:14 AM
Putting POS up is a pain, pretty much need a rorqual to move all the crap out there, and someone with nothing to do for a day for anchoring all the POS guns.

Only joy I've found with POS is taking them down and people try to be clever. I had a curse log off at my POS that was unachoring, thinking he could login and catch my hauler. I was cloaked watching, so just went off and got a hurricane. I've had this happen a few more times since, solo pilots think of it as an easy kill.

Helen
April 12 2011, 12:04:14 PM
Putting POS up is a pain, pretty much need a rorqual to move all the crap out there, and someone with nothing to do for a day for anchoring all the POS guns.

Only joy I've found with POS is taking them down and people try to be clever. I had a curse log off at my POS that was unachoring, thinking he could login and catch my hauler. I was cloaked watching, so just went off and got a hurricane. I've had this happen a few more times since, solo pilots think of it as an easy kill.

Why would you keep anchoring and unanchoring a pos...

TimMc
April 13 2011, 02:38:14 PM
hm I anchored a corp deathstar, then a few weeks later anchored my own small POS. Few days later I realised would make more ISK if I upped to a medium, so swapped to that.

Then Red Alliance came along and steamrolled my medium and told me (and few other corps in system who also had deathstars up), to take down them or they would.

So began the lovely endevour of taking down 5 deathstars, while paranoid of people catching our capitals we were using to move stuff. As the POS themselves unachored, 3 out of 5 of them became targets of people trying to catch the covert ops hauler by either cloaking themselves or logging off.

And that is my experience with POS. Hate the damn things.

Helen
April 13 2011, 03:07:24 PM
Bane of 0.0 tbh.

I remember when they first came out and people started setting them up, quite a few people quit back then over the state of it.

TimMc
April 14 2011, 01:03:55 PM
Yeah you should just be able to drag POS mod into module slots, ala ship fitting.

Then it tells you a timetable til they are online and you can rearrange their onlining time like your skill queue.

And POS fuel levels should appear on corp assets somewhere.

Pi Jesu
April 19 2011, 01:27:44 AM
Yeah you should just be able to drag POS mod into module slots, ala ship fitting.

Then it tells you a timetable til they are online and you can rearrange their onlining time like your skill queue.

And POS fuel levels should appear on corp assets somewhere.

Logic, convenience and iterations in MY EVE!? An outrage sir!

POSs must surely have been introduced as a CCP troll...

Lana Torrin
May 17 2011, 08:14:13 AM
I love getting half way though taking one down and then realising that you dont have full hanger roles and one of the hangers you cant access has stuff in it.

Goldsnake
May 20 2011, 09:48:51 AM
on this topic, I've missed the sov changes with those anchored hub things coming in, what role do pos's have in sov warfare now? Can you still claim sov from a pos? Or is it a case of setting up a deathstar with the hub thing anchored by the side of it?

Or are pos's now just used for moon goo jewing and that's about it?

Dwergi
May 20 2011, 10:05:10 AM
POS have nothing to do with sov anymore. TCU can be anchored at deathstars, not sure about IHUB.

If it ain't mining or a staging tower, there's not much point in it being there.

Helen
May 20 2011, 10:50:47 AM
Ihubs are @ planets only.

Cydo
May 30 2011, 08:06:41 PM
Piggybacking this thread.

Is it worth using a POS refinery for ice over hauling to a station in 0.0 ?

Helen
May 30 2011, 08:19:50 PM
Piggybacking this thread.

Is it worth using a POS refinery for ice over hauling to a station in 0.0 ?

Refines perfectly @ pos so its really a question of hauling.

Sponk
May 31 2011, 12:28:49 AM
Short answer: yes POS is better than station for ice. If you don't have a POS in system, compress it with a rorqual then haul it.

Cydo
May 31 2011, 07:51:19 PM
Well seeing as i dont have a rorqual, refinery it is.

Anyone got a Faction Tower BPC drop or module drop recently ?

Helen
June 1 2011, 12:21:08 PM
Well seeing as i dont have a rorqual, refinery it is.

Might wanna check marketplace for that.
Some dude on EvE O was apparently selling his collection of Shadow Control Towers at knock down prices.

Rudolf Miller
June 1 2011, 03:43:48 PM
I bought one of every animal.. and maybe a year or two down the road I'll sell them off as collectors items ;)

Hellkyte
June 3 2011, 06:02:14 PM
They're also a silly easy way to make money in high-sec. Arguably the easiest way to make ISK in game aside from the initial profitability research and going through having to buy a corp to anchor your pos.

Tyrehl
June 12 2011, 07:27:57 PM
Can someone write a short guide about the skills needed to run a reaction tower. Also a basic paint image about the route the moon stuff goes. Smt like Mine > put in "whatever" > wait for it to finish cycle > do smt > sell

Just to give me a general idea about it :) once i know what to look for i will google the shit out of the process.

Belid Hagen
June 12 2011, 09:32:05 PM
skills needed: anchoring I

moon miner -> silo -> reactor

the more complex the reaction, the more types of moon minerals you need, and the more silo's you need to do the dual inputs.

http://www.isktheguide.com/ section 9 on the pdf

Tyrehl
June 13 2011, 01:48:04 AM
Thanks, apparently i forgot that my market / whatever alts dont have any standins. I'll need at least 1.0 faction in order to set up a tower in 0.1 system (so i might need up to 3.0 faction standing /o\).

If the pos gets reinforced i cant take anything from the pos (from the materials used for reactions / the end products)? Im really wondering how to do it properly, i might end up asking the corp of my (official) alt to invite my scrubby 0 SP trader alt so i can do some POS bznz. :/

Xarthaginian
June 13 2011, 02:05:00 AM
Thanks, apparently i forgot that my market / whatever alts dont have any standins. I'll need at least 1.0 faction in order to set up a tower in 0.1 system (so i might need up to 3.0 faction standing /o\)

If you need on the spot instant faction standings, starting from zero standings, run the relevant datacentre agents. Should cost you less than 200m to reach 4.0-5.0 ISH

Tyrehl
June 13 2011, 02:08:25 AM
Thanks, apparently i forgot that my market / whatever alts dont have any standins. I'll need at least 1.0 faction in order to set up a tower in 0.1 system (so i might need up to 3.0 faction standing /o\)

If you need on the spot instant faction standings, starting from zero standings, run the relevant datacentre agents. Should cost you less than 200m to reach 4.0-5.0 ISH
Ace, thanks for the advice :psyduck:

:mrgreen:

Tyrehl
June 14 2011, 06:24:09 PM
Actually the payout is terrible now (unlike some months ago). I realised that i can make 3 times the money for the 2 hrs / week i will be spending on this. Well, it will be fun for some time.

Tafkat
June 18 2011, 09:38:18 AM

You don't need faction standings to anchor towers in systems whose sec status is 0.3 or less, AFAIK.

Helen
June 18 2011, 11:17:39 PM
[youtube:3nk0f9md]5HjGbjbsrP0[/youtube:3nk0f9md]

Sponk
June 20 2011, 04:40:55 AM
You don't need faction standings to anchor towers in systems whose sec status is 0.3 or less, AFAIK.
Didn't they up that to include 0.4 systems as well? I thought there was something in the patch notes afterwards like "oh shit, 0.45+ was rounding to 0.5 and thus was needing charters".

Cydo
June 20 2011, 11:19:52 AM
Didn't they up that to include 0.4 systems as well? I thought there was something in the patch notes afterwards like "oh shit, 0.45+ was rounding to 0.5 and thus was needing charters".

Pretty sure you still need standings for 0.4.

Mona
June 29 2011, 09:28:38 AM

They removed that somewhere around tyrranis IIRC.

cheeba
July 26 2011, 10:25:23 AM

confirming you DONT need standings for 0.4. Cant remember when it changed to that, but it did.

Hellkyte
August 23 2011, 02:32:47 PM

I heard these stopped dropping. Can anyone c/d?

Tafkat
August 23 2011, 05:32:15 PM
I heard these stopped dropping. Can anyone c/d?
C

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1496995&page=7#204

this was addressed already by CCP Greyscale:

We're looking at adjusting the supply of these at some point in the reasonably near future, possibly.

So...we are already aware of it. No need to file bug reports.

Faction towers will go back in someday if we can ensure a better distribution of them. That's the issue here, and as others noted, it's exacerbated by high-sec (low-risk) POS, and so on. End of the day it's a distribution method that wasn't working as intended and needs a fix, if one is even possible (hence the "possibly" in Greyscale's reply).

I'm sorry we can't provide more details right now, but that's where this particular thing is at right now. BFF has much bigger fish to fry, I think you'd all agree, so it'll get some attention, but only once other priorities are dealt with.

Vortex
August 23 2011, 05:37:04 PM
I heard these stopped dropping. Can anyone c/d?They are supposed to drop from mag sites, but have not done so for a long time now. CCP is 'investigating' why they stopped dropping, but its been broken forever now and is clearly not a high priority.Edit: beaten.

rojomojo915
August 23 2011, 09:28:41 PM
So the best way to fix this is to go gank a bunch of faction hi sec towers? That sucks