PDA

View Full Version : Star Conflict - Open Beta, available on Steam - Space ships/WoT style

Pages : [1] 2 3

MicrosoftSam
April 20 2012, 02:02:15 PM
Hey,

So there's this. It's a bit like WoT but in space with spaceships. UI seems kinda badly made, but could be fun.

I have been trying to get a beta key for a while, but anyhow, here's a little bit of gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtFKvOp5LYs

Edit apr 22nd: video went private. Guessing MMOhut does not read NDAs lol. Will post another one asap.

Edit: may 07th: video's BACK! Yay.

Mona
April 20 2012, 02:29:30 PM
Link or it didn't happened.

Devec
April 20 2012, 11:21:59 PM
Their website is easy to find (http://bit.ly/HOzHCE)

It looks okay I guess, nothing that I haven't really seen. Something that you've got to play to really get a feel for me thinks.

Steph
April 21 2012, 12:55:59 AM
So much want.

supersarge
April 21 2012, 03:05:09 AM
http://star-conflict.com/en/
http://star-conflict.com/en/signup
http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/6844-cbt-access/

Takon Orlani
April 21 2012, 03:20:52 AM
Neat.

Steph
April 21 2012, 10:36:53 AM
Signed up for beta. Signup included a required textbox helpfully labeled "Your PC config".

I pasted the contents of my DxDiag.txt. The entire contents. Web designer gonna be lazy, I'm gonna be lazy too. :) Hope he remembered to put a character limit on those input fields.

Steph
May 6 2012, 05:24:12 AM
Might have just got accepted to closed beta. >_>

Varcaus
May 6 2012, 05:26:11 AM
Might have just got accepted to closed beta. >_>

Can I quit eve now is the game good?

Steph
May 6 2012, 05:32:44 AM
Installing. Will report back once I try it.

Depending on how good it is I might limit what I say so they can't track me down and revoke my access.

Rhaegor Stormborn
May 6 2012, 07:10:53 AM
I got accepted today as well. Have not had a chance to dload yet.

Varcaus
May 6 2012, 04:18:21 PM
Installing. Will report back once I try it.

Depending on how good it is I might limit what I say so they can't track me down and revoke my access.You didnt use the same name did you?

Steph
May 6 2012, 08:05:58 PM
Of course not! And even if I did, I would never admit it on a public forum.

Alas there's not much I can say without getting killed by the NDA. I'm pretty sure I can say I'm in the beta though, since I had that information before I signed the NDA and thus would not be bound by an NDA if I'd disclosed the receipt of an invitation before consenting to it. Which is not to say that there is an NDA or that I'm not allowed to even confirm the existance of an NDA or that I'm testing the game.

Varcaus
May 7 2012, 01:46:57 PM
Of course not! And even if I did, I would never admit it on a public forum.

Alas there's not much I can say without getting killed by the NDA. I'm pretty sure I can say I'm in the beta though, since I had that information before I signed the NDA and thus would not be bound by an NDA if I'd disclosed the receipt of an invitation before consenting to it. Which is not to say that there is an NDA or that I'm not allowed to even confirm the existance of an NDA or that I'm testing the game.

:mrgreen:

MicrosoftSam
May 7 2012, 02:19:45 PM
Posting to confirm that I, too, am bound by an NDA regarding star conflict and as such, am not able to confirm or deny.

Also, game's fun. Screw ndas.

Audiofeeler
May 16 2012, 02:50:21 PM
Can safety say this game is quite fun despite limited numbers in CB, NDA is up so cant say much except this - Action game version of Eve Online combat would sum this up for me

dpidcoe
May 16 2012, 03:55:19 PM
From the video it looks like the combat will just devolve into turn battles tbh.

Steph
May 16 2012, 06:07:52 PM
Uh...turn battles?

Oh you mean dogfights. Yeah that's pretty much the stated intent of a dogfighting game.

dpidcoe
May 16 2012, 10:33:58 PM
Uh...turn battles?

Oh you mean dogfights. Yeah that's pretty much the stated intent of a dogfighting game.
Dogfight != turn battle. With aircraft, it's actually interesting due to different performance characteristics (weight, turn rate, climb rate, engine power, altitude). e.g. if a zero had ever engaged a spitfire, the spitfire would have tried to outpower the thing in climbs and dives while the zero would try to out-turn it.

Unfortunately, most space games only keep the top speed (acceleration is fast enough it might as well be instant) and turn rate aspects of dogfighting, which boils the fight down to a contest to see who can hold their controls in the same position the longest.

Steph
May 17 2012, 01:08:29 AM
Ah. I misunderstood you.

That is indeed a fair criticism.

Varicose Brains
May 17 2012, 04:04:55 PM
Signed up for the beta today. This game actually looks pretty good.

Blutreiter
May 22 2012, 11:02:17 AM
I am in beta.

Pretty entertaining for a short while. Got potential.

Blutreiter
May 22 2012, 03:05:48 PM
Not sure how much I can say under the NDA, but as far as very basic info goes:

You have currently 3 different shipclasses, all suited for different roles with different handling. You got the speedy ones, burst type brawlers and you got bigger sniper ships.

With enough money and reputation you can buy better versions of these ships.

Also, ships need to get equipped with various modules, from simple repper mods to electronic warfare... some require a prerequisite skill.

As for skills, you have 3 different skilltrees, each focused on one of the three general weapontypes and either more for tanks, DPS or scouts. Quite handy stuff in there. Bonuses arent too huge, think EVE.

Combat already feels very competitive, though balancing needs to be done... but since this is still beta, I would say they will get it done till release. I already had some hard ceptor dogfights with other players and it really got my heart pumping. Love it so far.

Steph
May 23 2012, 10:00:05 PM
You can say all those things under the NDA if you saw the video in the OP before signing it. :)

Blutreiter
May 23 2012, 11:15:49 PM
You can say all those things under the NDA if you saw the video in the OP before signing it. :)

Actually I have forgotten about that video already... derp.

Today was the first day where I got russians sperging at me. I swear 95% of the players are russian. Game chat is full of cyrillic.

Also, finally got my frigate and started lasersniping at 10km distance... that stuff hurts so bad, it is almost OP.

Steph
July 6 2012, 07:05:12 PM
So this just went open beta today, which means two things.

1) You should pick it up, because tanks in space = fun
2) My NDA is no longer binding, so AMA?

Paradox
July 6 2012, 09:08:34 PM

Is it shit?

dpidcoe
July 6 2012, 10:08:44 PM

Is it shit?
Probably

Steph
July 9 2012, 02:02:18 AM

Is it shit?
Probably

No worse than tanks.

Destoration
July 9 2012, 02:11:04 AM
Signed up a few days ago but haven't got a invite. How many invite waves are they doing?

Steph
July 9 2012, 10:51:49 AM
Oh dear oh dear.

Seems I misread the mail that went around. They haven't opened up the beta just yet. They're launching open beta "soon".

Sorry to get your hopes up, folks. :/

Destoration
July 9 2012, 03:48:41 PM
Oh dear oh dear.

Seems I misread the mail that went around. They haven't opened up the beta just yet. They're launching open beta "soon".

I actually just got a beta invite today so maybe they did another wave of invites for everyone.

Paradox
July 9 2012, 03:56:18 PM
Oh dear oh dear.

I actually just got a beta invite today so maybe they did another wave of invites for everyone.

Oh holy shit so did I

Destoration
July 9 2012, 04:19:46 PM
Only took 20minute for the game to accept my login >.>

Thoemse
July 29 2012, 12:42:22 PM
Open beta now. It's pretty fun so far. A bit like tanks but a lot more fast paced.
Give it a try!

damaslaus
July 30 2012, 06:43:59 PM
who has lasers?

Torashuu
July 31 2012, 12:29:33 AM
Game plays quite ok. Looks like they are setting it up for humongous epic grind of doom though....

Steph
July 31 2012, 11:38:54 AM
who has lasers?

Faggots who remember when the Frigate's special ability was basically Dreadnought Siege Mode.

plasma 4 lyfe

Zeppelin
July 31 2012, 06:17:07 PM
This looks rather fun tbh. First new game I install once I get the computer parts I've ordered.

theBlind
August 19 2012, 11:32:08 AM
Pretty fun game.
A lot more daring from the devs perspective than WoT since it is much more player skill based. You can kill several enemy (human) ships if you can outfly them (but fighting more than max 2 at once usually gets you killed). So with scrubs scrubbing and the generally more complicated setting (3D) than WoT the player base will never get as big.

Also has a federation and a fed ship with a drone hangar. The sissies.

RazoR
August 19 2012, 11:43:33 AM
A russian game with less russian than a belorussian one?

:psyduck:

Devec
August 19 2012, 08:26:37 PM
I've only encountered Russians today.

This game is pretty fun tbh, just needs more newbie players because my last 3 matches were against 1 other player and bots. Bots attacking in frigates is really dumb.

Ashaz
October 24 2012, 10:33:14 AM
Uh...turn battles?

Dogfight != turn battle. With aircraft, it's actually interesting due to different performance characteristics (weight, turn rate, climb rate, engine power, altitude). e.g. if a zero had ever engaged a spitfire, the spitfire would have tried to outpower the thing in climbs and dives while the zero would try to out-turn it.

Unfortunately, most space games only keep the top speed (acceleration is fast enough it might as well be instant) and turn rate aspects of dogfighting, which boils the fight down to a contest to see who can hold their controls in the same position the longest.

Did anyone else play Tachyon about 10 years back? That game had some interesting mechanics. You could disengage your gravity well thing wich would result in you continuing in the same direction at the same speed. All while you could turn your ship around. You know, like, real space physics. and when you turn it back on again you'd accelerate into airplane-like movements again.
Made for some "different" manouvering in the pvp battles.

Jalif
October 24 2012, 12:24:16 PM
Looks good, going to try it out.

FatFreddy
October 24 2012, 01:27:33 PM
Looks good, going to try it out.

Played a handful of matches in beta months back, never went back again. But report back, I'd like to hear what other people think.

Don't even know if this is still in beta or out already.

Jalif
October 24 2012, 02:44:58 PM
I'm liking the first part, more then I did mechwarrior online. Still need to figure it out everything a bit better, but definatly has some potential.

Waiting cues are a bit pain and you fight often also bots. But I can see this being a game where you need some decent skill, but I just started playing - might adjust my opinion later

FatFreddy
October 24 2012, 02:55:06 PM
I'm liking the first part, more then I did mechwarrior online. Still need to figure it out everything a bit better, but definatly has some potential.

Waiting cues are a bit pain and you fight often also bots. But I can see this being a game where you need some decent skill, but I just started playing - might adjust my opinion later

When I tried it, it was half-empty matches either with bots, noobs or higher level people in cloaky ships.

Was shit.

Jalif
October 24 2012, 03:28:53 PM
There is one thing I really dislike atm about the game and that is the feedback system. I first need to buy something to check what it exactly does.

Jalif
October 24 2012, 05:00:31 PM
The more I play it, the more frustration it becomes. Game doesn't really make sense and there is no explanation. There is also no proper translation from russian to english. Game had potential, but didn't reached my expetations. WIll play a bit more, but I don't expect a diffrence

Paradox
October 24 2012, 05:09:41 PM
I actually hate this game, It is not fun in the most horrid way.

RazoR
October 24 2012, 06:20:36 PM
Try War Thunder instead.

Lots of players, highly intuitive and english translation is adequate.

Jalif
October 24 2012, 07:14:52 PM
I uninstalled the game, another game that is not worth to be called beta.
You get dropped with extreme high skilled players with uber ships and you can't do shit.
Experiance is just terrible.

2/10.

EDIT: Main post should be changed to state that this is a terrible game and everybody should avoid it at all cost.

FatFreddy
October 24 2012, 07:26:44 PM
I uninstalled the game, another game that is not worth to be called beta.
You get dropped with extreme high skilled players with uber ships and you can't do shit.
Experiance is just terrible.

2/10.

EDIT: Main post should be changed to state that this is a terrible game and everybody should avoid it at all cost.

k thanks I was curious if my impression back thenwas correct or :toobitter:, but that was exactly what I thought.

I also though "we should add "game is shit don't play" to the title in case you reaffirmed my view before I opened it to see your new post. :razor:

Thoemse
October 25 2012, 12:00:53 PM
Try War Thunder instead.

Lots of players, highly intuitive and english translation is adequate.

This really.
War Thunder is much more fun and if they pull of their goals and add naval and ground combat it will be brilliant.

While Star conflict has potential i don't see much progress here. War Thunder on the other hand is quite polished allready compared to this.

chiefyk
October 26 2012, 12:00:30 PM
This game looks like Freelancer, I like.

dpidcoe
October 26 2012, 06:33:17 PM
Question to the people who have decided they don't like this game: Is it because the gameplay isn't as fun as you thought once you got over the "omg cool spaceships in space" factor, or is it just because the game is unpolished?

Jalif
October 26 2012, 06:47:58 PM
Question to the people who have decided they don't like this game: Is it because the gameplay isn't as fun as you thought once you got over the "omg cool spaceships in space" factor, or is it just because the game is unpolished?

Both...

Unpolished, because, well.... UI is shit and you can see what each module does until you buy it. Just a whole lot basic stuff that just doesn't work.

Gameplay isn't fun either...
- Feedback system is pretty terrible, you need to be really really aware of your suroundings to be knowing whats happening exactly.
- Enemy with cloak can disengage at any time without penalty (atleast on my level at that time), making it extremely unbalanced
- Extreme unbalanced game matches, you get as a complete newbie and newbie ship against the most evil enemy ships sometimes. You can't even dent their shields a bit. This just results in ragequiting and waiting until your ships are out of battle.
- Aimsystem/camara/movement combination is just plain terrible. If you encounter a high level player with a scout ship, they can go sooooooo freaking fast around you and outrun all your guns and missles. Basicly you are sitting ducks. The speed is even so fast that you can't manual track it with your mouse (next to impossible unless you are super human). They spin so fast around your ship that you will get dizzy by spinning your camara. Good example of this having the old eve nano age where a interceptor could orbit you with 20km/s in 10km radius, now multiply the speed that with 2x + you need to manually track it.
- 75% of the game is just pure bots. I don't mind a bot or 3 to fill up the team to the full, but I had a game of 10vs10, which only had 1 real player on each side.

The game looks is great, and it had great potential, but they scewed it up very very badly.

Steph
October 26 2012, 09:25:35 PM
Yeah I'd been banging on about the UI and overlay and camera(and control) issues basically non-stop since I first got into the closed beta. Seems they didn't think it was an issue. Ditto the other mechanics issues that were pointed out from the beginning.

My earlier optimism was coloured by the expectation that the game would be polished and have at least a few issues addressed by release. Oh well. Another F2P game to be discarded and forgotten.

Paradox
October 26 2012, 09:37:03 PM
Everything above and I'm not too keen on the business model either.

Grindfest in an unbalanced, buggy and unintuitive environment is just not what I'm interested in.

Jalif
October 26 2012, 10:17:30 PM
Tbh, if it was polished and well done... then this would be the -perfect- game for me.
Now if we had a FHC development team who could create a proper game.

Miep
March 1 2013, 06:32:37 AM
So, game is out of steam right now, free to play.
Anyone any news on it? Thinking of trying. Looks good.

RazoR
March 1 2013, 07:06:03 AM
Both are MMO "actions" by Gaijin.
Warthunder: 60 pages
Star Conflict: 4 pages

Ummmm, pass.

Kilabi
March 1 2013, 08:09:42 AM
Only thing that scared me off in the beginning was lack of keymapping options. If those are in now I am going to try it again as the gameplay was solid.

It does not pull in the WWII fanbois and for that probablly has a smaller playerbase which would show in the lower page count on the thread.

Before I say more about the game I will try it again though. Perhaps the made it worse in the meantime.

Steph
March 1 2013, 08:10:03 AM
A lot of flash, not much substance. They dropped the ball on this one, hard.

Present state of release is more or less unchanged from when I played the beta. Except now it has a cash shop.

Miep
March 1 2013, 11:24:14 AM
spent a hour, is fun, looks shiny.
cant tell if there is realy much substance/depth but right now it looks so.
ceppis, fighter, frigs. lots of modules, skills etc., 3 factions
lots of euipment, nice minigame for extra loot.

Helfix
March 1 2013, 11:12:45 PM
So is this game worth trying or should I just hop on over to war thunder?

Paradox
March 1 2013, 11:14:55 PM

a hundred times War Thunder

dpidcoe
March 1 2013, 11:51:29 PM
A lot of flash, not much substance. They dropped the ball on this one, hard.
I wouldn't blame them too much. By definition any game with one man space fighters as the core mechanic will be all flash and no substance, because it's literally "point nose at enemy and press fire".

Think about all the other space games that were considered fun, they all had other things that added to the complexity. Star wars games had laser/shield/engine power management, freelancer had trading, freespaceindependence war had newtonian physics and a shield that only angled over a small arc, descent was full on 6DOF complex levels.

Mona
March 2 2013, 12:13:32 AM
, freespace had newtonian physics and a shield that only angled over a small arc,

That's I-War.

dpidcoe
March 2 2013, 12:22:06 AM
, freespace had newtonian physics and a shield that only angled over a small arc,

That's I-War.
derp, I always mix those two up.

Lana Torrin
March 2 2013, 02:00:21 AM

That's I-War.

Wasn't freespace the first game to get cap ship fights? I remember that being pretty awesome.

Mona
March 2 2013, 09:27:19 AM

That's I-War.

Wasn't freespace the first game to get cap ship fights? I remember that being pretty awesome.

Freespace 2.

http://i.imgur.com/bxah59B.jpg
http://www.shatteredstar.org/groups/freespace/freakspace/fullsize/freakspace3d.jpg

Liare
March 2 2013, 11:37:04 AM
Freespace 2's cap-ship heavy missions where awesome, you often spend more time dodging flak and not flying into beam weapons than you did shooting the enemy. :D

Miep
March 2 2013, 01:24:21 PM

Well, its has more depth as warthunder at least. At least if you dont fly realistic but arcade in wth.

metacannibal
March 2 2013, 01:27:34 PM

Well, its has more depth as warthunder at least. At least if you dont fly realistic but arcade in wth.

War Thunder is the ultimate pvp game, how can a game be deeper than human vs human interaction? Certainly not by random boring asteroid field action. Star Conflict is horrible.

Lilalaunebör
March 2 2013, 01:48:54 PM
*shrug* ive just given the tutorial a spin, seems like it could be fun for a little while.

Picked empire FOR THE EMPRAH, does faction choice lock you out of anything? Or is it just like an initial +rep bonus and the small passive ones?

Miep
March 2 2013, 01:52:44 PM

War Thunder is the ultimate pvp game, how can a game be deeper than human vs human interaction? Certainly not by random boring asteroid field action. Star Conflict is horrible.

Wat? Its pvp, but with more options.
You have 45 skills alone to chose 15 , lots of weapon systems you can combine with skills, ships, active subsystems, passive sub systems, racial skills etc. etc.

You have ships that can give boni to the rest of the fleet, options to repair other ships etc etc etc.

All in all its alot like small scale instant eve pvp.

I cant say nothing about long time motivation, if there is a best fit and rest just shiny features, if its real f2p etc. I dont realy know, just played it for few hours.

Oh, and you can ativate realistic sim features too if you realy liked i-war youd like it but it makes flying, well, hard.

Liare
March 2 2013, 01:53:08 PM

War Thunder is the ultimate pvp game, how can a game be deeper than human vs human interaction? Certainly not by random boring asteroid field action. Star Conflict is horrible.hate to break it to you, but your opinion is invalid, you got a bare-chested David Hasselhoff as a avatar.

:(

Miep
March 2 2013, 02:07:19 PM
*shrug* ive just given the tutorial a spin, seems like it could be fun for a little while.

Picked empire FOR THE EMPRAH, does faction choice lock you out of anything? Or is it just like an initial +rep bonus and the small passive ones?

Just the racial boni, you can switch afterwards race and faction afaik too.
Just remember that you have manualy to choose a sub faction too under *treatys", i missed that for a good while.

Oh, and for gods sake, choose english language (or russian if you can) all other are poorly updated and translated.
You lack even some features if you dont use english or russian.

Guide for new pilots, extrem helpful, copy of some nice guy steam forum
Basic guide for the new pilots
1. You are getting a week of premium licence from start. What it means?
+50% to credits income. Credits used to buy stuff and repair your ships
+75% to loyalty and reputation gains. Loyalty used for faction modules availability. Reputation used for racial ships and skills availability.
+50% to experience. Experience is used for synergy of your ship. Each ship has its level of synergy, staring on lvl 1 and training to max(depends on rank). For example t1 ships are 1-3 ranked ships. 1st ranked ships has 2 lvl maximum, 2nd and 3rd ranked has 3 lvl maximum of synergy. Premium($$) ships starting from max lvl of synergy and you simply cant train its more! Also sum of your Experience is stored and will be used in some next major updates(told by developers)
+2 additional loot points after winning the battle

2. Other premium($$) content. Payment model of Star Conflict is Pay2notGrind. I'm know what I'm talking about. Premium ships has lower stats than ordinary faction ships if you'll train faction ships synergy to maximum lvl(takes few time, as for me i can train t4 ship to 6-7 lvl of synergy in few hours). Premium modules and weapons: any premium module has the same stats as the faction one. You can spend some time and gain enought loyalty to buy any mkIII module using ingame credits. For example for all t1 mkIII modules you need a few hours, t2 mkIII modules, newbie pilot can earn for 1-2 days. Also you can loot the most better epic items after winning the battles. However chance is quite low but it is present.

3. Newbie bonus. Each new pilot has bonuses to his stats(resistance and damage outcome). +25% as far as I remember, but not sure. This bonus leasts for several battles or days, I don't know it in details, sorry. You can read the tooltip of any buff in battles - just press enter, and hover your mouse cursor over the buff icon in top of your screen.

4. Matchmaking system. !!!MUST READ THIS!!! Type /set cl_showMmQueueInfo 2 this command lets you know your matchmaking value when you presses the Fight button(you need to stay betveen t1 and t2 to match against t1, you will see). It is safe, don't worry. The matchmaking system takes into account your best ship in set. For example if you are just started the game with Steam DLC and wishes to fly on your shiny T3 DLC ship, you will be matched against the T3 experienced and high armed opponents and they will exterminate you in a few seconds even faster. So please don't use your DLC ships before you feels you are prepared. DLC ships are nice but use its when you are actually can fly them.

5. Menus in hangar
- Hangar - your hangar ;)
- Equipment - you can equip your ships with the new or old modules here. Click on any empty slot and buy(or take from your warehouse) a module for this slot. Don't fly without modules, its helps you greatly ;) Youtube guys are constantly flying without modules and complaining about imbalance. Sure it is imbalanced when you are meeting a full equipped ship against your naked one ;) MkI-mkII modules are good enough for start, and you will buy some or all of mkIII modules when you'll gain access to them.
- Ships(opens from rank 2, just fight to earn the rank 2). Your ships tree. Each ship has its rank. Ship ranks are restricting higher level implants on this ships(15 ranked player can use the t1 3 ranked ship but with only 3 ranked implants working, 4+ implants are restricted). Hover your mouse over ship icons and hold shift to see the detailed info. Hold alt to see the detailed info of ship special module(ability). Each ship has abilities.
- Skills(opens from rank 2) - your skills tree. Skills depends of your racial reputation. Upper tab is Empire implants, central is Federation, bottom is Jerricho. You can change your faction anytime using the ingame credits. Hover your mouse over the implants icons to see their function. Remember than implants are restricted by ship ranks as I explained before. Choose your skills wisely.
- Contracts(opens from rank 2) - used for earning loyalty. Each battle will raise your reputation and loyalty, but you can increase your loyalty income by completing the contracts. Contracts has cooldown. Also in this contracts menu you can change your faction anytime it costs 20k*(rank-1) or 1 credit on rank 1. For example you are started with Empire, so you are Legion. Click on contracts menu, take your contracts, do its in combat then click contracts again choose the other faction and do the contracts for them. Repeat. Each race has 2 factions, taking one of factions in contract menu means that you are working on its race too. For example, you wish to change your faction from Empire Legion to Jerricho Raid - you will work for Raid and for Jerricho after it and will gain the Jerricho loyalty(used for skills and ships) and Raid reputation(used for modules). It is completely free to play option, you won't need a penny to do this.
- Warehouse - your warehouse and market - you can sell and buy stuff here. You can't sell you ships.
- Corp - corporation tab, corp statistics
- Profile - your profile: medals, achivements, ELO rating etc

- Esc menu - usual Esc menu stuff, I'm sure you won't meet any problems here

6. Combat. I'm assuming that you are equipped your ship wisely and eager to kill some players. It is simple. For default controls set:
- HUD. Your crosshair moving by your mouse. Weapons are turreted, so you can fly almost independently of your firing direction. Heavy weapons has slower turning rate, but you won't access to them until T3 anyway.
- Radar. Your right upper corner. Blue markers are your allies, red are enemies, pink is your locked target, flashing pink is target is being locked by you, green are your squadmates. Radar helps greatly, use it constantly.
- Targeting. Targeting is used to lock the targets. You can see the prediction marker on the locked targets, also your homing missiles will pursue your locked target. Don't forget to lock anytime! Without locking you are harmless. Press R to target the enemy ship or drone under your crosshair cursor. Press T to target the nearest enemy ot if you already have some enemy locked selecting other target on list. Don't try to kill someone without locking - it is too difficult. Youtube guys usually are trying to kill without locking... It is wrong :) Fire on prediction marker.
- Markers color - red is a target that out of range of your main weapons. Pink is a target in range of your main weapons. Don't try to fire on the red markers as it doing the most of youtube guys :) Fire only on the pink ones!
- Controls. Your ship can strafe and roll - use it! You ship can accelerate faster and raise your maximum speed using the afterburner - hold shift and any direction key. You can rotate your camera in the Basic ship control mode. I won't recommend you to use the expert. Basic is fine and it was precisely tuned in the last update. I'm flying in the Basic mode.
- Using modules. On t1 ships you have 2 active modules and 1 missile slot. 1, 2 is keys used to activate 1st and 2nd active modules, I'm sure if you are equipped your ship wisely you knows that your modules actually doing. Every ship has its own special ability - press F to use it! For example, imperial frigates can use Disintegrator(sniping weapon), Federation fighters can cloak etc.

7. Squads. !!!MUST READ THIS!!! You can form a squad with your friends. Up to 4 ppl. Matchmaker takes into account only the best ship in your squad(remember and type /set cl_showMmQueueInfo 2 command if you didn't it yet). So if you or your friend have just one unequipped T3 DLC ship in set and else are sets of a newbie T1 ships you will be matched against T3 stronger opponents. Needless to say - you and your friends will be vaporised in seconds. Don't use ships which you cant fly. Use the ones you are only prepared for.

8. Game modes
- [fight] Arcade: PvP fight 3 game modes cycling: domination, combat recon and detonation
- [fight] Regular: PvP fight. No respawn of the same ship, 1 game mode conquer the beacons. I won't recommend this if you have less than 3 ships in your set.
- [Scenarios] Random: PvE fight against bots. Currently 3 PvE maps - 2 defensive and 1 offensive

Fallout
March 2 2013, 04:05:31 PM
Started playing this yesterday and its actually pretty fun, although the servers are apparently really fucking busy now :|

http://i.imgur.com/8xhfsKk.jpg

Varcaus
March 2 2013, 04:56:52 PM
Might try this later this week

Miep
March 3 2013, 08:43:16 AM
My first t2 ship, have not enough money to fit proberbly right now :(

Btw, after some more games played: Its fucking awesome!

Realy good balanced, eve style fitting, lots of useful combineable skills, implants, no p2w as far as i can see. Has copied a shitload good ideas from eve :P Even shipnames, Stiletto inty, targetpainters, microwarpdrives, you choose
http://onebit.us/x/i/5m9uV6AmCv.jpg

Mr Marram
March 3 2013, 08:50:35 AM

Realy good balanced, eve style fitting, lots of useful combineable skills, implants, no p2w as far as i can see. Has copied a shitload good ideas from eve :P Even shipnames, Stiletto inty, targetpainters, microwarpdrives, you choose

Is it possible to speed tank the fuck out of everyone and spam missiles from range?

Steph
March 3 2013, 09:06:24 AM
I'm surprised. Seems like it's actually come into its own and gotten good.

Jalif
March 3 2013, 09:11:02 AM
I'm surprised. Seems like it's actually come into its own and gotten good.

It seems so, going to try it then. Cause the concept is my dream game but it was so terrible when I played it.

Miep
March 3 2013, 09:36:05 AM

Is it possible to speed tank the fuck out of everyone and spam missiles from range?

I think it is, but you have only limited missiles on board normaly, there is a racial feature where you get unlimited missiles on some ships, but those are frigates and rather slow i think...and you need a shitload skills from all 3 different races to be able to speedtank, will be a big time investment if you want to try that.
You want jericho racial bonus +5% speed, and some implants from jerico for max speed, empire skills for rotation speed, federations skills for agility, and maybe some t3 engine euip of some subfaction you have to get the reputation first.

But in theory as far as i know a speedtank could be viaable, esp. if you fly in a squad and get speed command ship boni.

Edit: oh, and of course you want missile skills too, flight time, speed, dmg , explosion radius, etc.
I still have not realy a clue whats viable and whats not...

Only thing i dislike right now is the server que, seems the devs were a bit surprised of the amount of new playwers when it hit steam.

Lilalaunebör
March 3 2013, 10:17:02 AM
Interceptors are awesome, that is all. MWD + flares + overload module + plasma. I got like 6 or 7 medals in one match (cap 4 beacons, never die, kill x ships, take x% damage and survive etc.)

Game will probably decend into horrible grind once the 7 days newcomer bonus is up, ill see how far i can get until then.

Miep
March 3 2013, 10:26:50 AM
Interceptors are awesome, that is all. MWD + flares + overload module + plasma. I got like 6 or 7 medals in one match (cap 4 beacons, never die, kill x ships, take x% damage and survive etc.)

Game will probably decend into horrible grind once the 7 days newcomer bonus is up, ill see how far i can get until then.

Which race is the one with mwd? Iam jerico with the invul shield for ceppis... btw and which one has the sniper frigs?
Oh and did you mange to beat some t1 pve missions? They are "$§"§$§$ hard, i mean come on, its t1.
Tried 4 or 5, all totaly failing...

But i got a green item out of the loot after pvp battle and another mate got a purple one even. WANT his railgun :(
Seems the items you can get from loot are the best ones, even better then the faction t3/gold buy ones. but drop rate...lol.

btw, would it be ok to make a new topic? Thread title is realy outdated

Paradox
March 3 2013, 10:46:35 AM
Just get Hels to change the title

Lilalaunebör
March 3 2013, 11:13:35 AM

Which race is the one with mwd? Iam jerico with the invul shield for ceppis... btw and which one has the sniper frigs?
Oh and did you mange to beat some t1 pve missions? They are "$§"§$§$ hard, i mean come on, its t1.
Tried 4 or 5, all totaly failing...

But i got a green item out of the loot after pvp battle and another mate got a purple one even. WANT his railgun :(
Seems the items you can get from loot are the best ones, even better then the faction t3/gold buy ones. but drop rate...lol.

btw, would it be ok to make a new topic? Thread title is realy outdated

Im Empire, the MWD is fun because in detonation you can insta hop to the bomb. Unfortunately you drop the bomb if you try to MWD while youre carrying it.
Empire is also the one with the sniper laser frig as well, just bought the very basic one going to give it a spin.

Ive tried like 3 pve missions, furthest ive gotten was like step 3 of 4 though.

Got one green item in pvp loot so far, some retarded assault rail with "doesnt overheat" modifier but 1800 range... and its T2 so i cant use it yet anyways.

e: welp, hit t2 now im broke

Trindermon
March 3 2013, 12:57:49 PM
downloaded, played 2 battles, think i will keep it installed. Like it, that's odd cause i fucking hate tanks. Some serious EvE plagiarizer on the ship naming tho ;)

Lilalaunebör
March 3 2013, 01:18:43 PM
Some serious Eve plagiarization everywhere, the module system is lifted pretty much 1:1 although the cooldown mechanic is different.

Had my first T2 battles and holy fuck do you die fast if you derp. Right now im running plasma with kinetic ammo (turns out my green rail sucks dick since its basically a shotgun), shield transfer, overload, passive EM resist. That lets me 1v1 pretty much anyone as long as hes not faster then me (or rapes my cap), but then ive got like 40 sec cd. Although MWD is a nice gtfo card that i dont use enough yet.

cullnean
March 3 2013, 01:28:39 PM
Will play fuck tanks

tapaderp

Varcaus
March 3 2013, 04:42:56 PM
inb4 lawsuits

Devec
March 3 2013, 05:02:33 PM
Downloading, will need fellow bads to play with.

Miep
March 3 2013, 06:36:36 PM
...game is horribel. stop playing.

place 322 in serverquue, 2h left..... :(
well their 2h are only 5min at least

Btw, looking for a corp

Dahak
March 3 2013, 08:35:06 PM
Just got it through Steam on recommendation of a clan mate from Tanks. Game is much fun.

I had spare cash so I picked up a Frigate, not at all a fan of the lasers. Yeah, speed of light weaponry is easy, but they seem so weak. Like I'm using a magnifying glass on the guy and waiting for him to shrivel up from it. Lynx with railguns standing me in much better stead.

Edit: 11th match, this flying business isn't that hard. Stealth is great for assassinating the enemy commander in that one game mode. Also murdering those incredibly annoying sniper frigates.

http://i.imgur.com/lqX2aMi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QyGgKeg.jpg

Kilabi
March 3 2013, 10:23:51 PM
Just one question, is the keymapping customizable now?

Takon Orlani
March 3 2013, 10:23:55 PM
Might get. Whats the cost?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Trindermon
March 3 2013, 10:29:41 PM
Might get. Whats the cost?

nothing, till sliver/gold lasers come in to play... ;) lol. least so far...

Devec
March 3 2013, 10:43:39 PM
This game is now surprisingly fun :shock:

Seriously I played it last half a year ago but I just did one battle and it was really good.

Dahak
March 3 2013, 10:49:14 PM
Just one question, is the keymapping customizable now?

Yes.

Lilalaunebör
March 4 2013, 01:01:25 AM
Man, theres got to be some trick to doing pve stuff. Tried the dreadnought one 3 times, every time the missile launchers in 3rd stage go full retard and pop one after the other in 3 hits.
Really really not worth it considering you get only like 20k less for a pvp loss, and that one is going to be much faster.

On the upside, minefields are pretty funny in pvp.

L'oiseau
March 4 2013, 02:33:07 AM
Man, theres got to be some trick to doing pve stuff. Tried the dreadnought one 3 times, every time the missile launchers in 3rd stage go full retard and pop one after the other in 3 hits.
Really really not worth it considering you get only like 20k less for a pvp loss, and that one is going to be much faster.

On the upside, minefields are pretty funny in pvp.
8-)
http://onebit.us/x/i/iaAfTAyMM7.jpg

Varcaus
March 4 2013, 03:11:14 AM
says all ships are in a game and cant join when I never was gg

Mr Marram
March 4 2013, 03:12:55 AM
The servers took a shit when it went on steam, 14 hours ETA to login. Tried it again earlier, still 100 people queuing and a 40min wait :psyduck:

Varcaus
March 4 2013, 03:13:35 AM
It took me 3mins on a que that long but it doesnt want me to play

Dahak
March 4 2013, 03:15:15 AM
The servers took a shit when it went on steam, 14 hours ETA to login. Tried it again earlier, still 100 people queuing and a 40min wait :psyduck:

Ignore those ETAs, the real wait time seems about 5% what's listed.

Edit: Servers took a dump, nobody was getting assigned matches by the system. Will try again tomorrow morning.

Elias M
March 4 2013, 09:26:48 AM
Four pieces of coursework on my to-do list.

Just downloaded this, will give it a quick blast this morning I think.

Elias M
March 4 2013, 11:05:45 AM
Okay, I've played two games now in my Lynx and overall, I actually quite enjoy it.

So far I've played a Detonation game mode where each time has three objectives to destroy, and a Force Recon mode where each time has a Captain, as long as the Captain stays alive his team-mates can respawn, so you have to kill the enemy Captain and then eliminate the remaining ships.

One thing I immediately liked was being able to respawn during the games, which I believe is something unique to the Arcade gamemode? That for me instantly removed a lot of the frustration present in World of Tanks. Having one life makes you a lot more cautious and less willing to take risks, in this though I could plough into the enemy and if I got zapped, well big whoop I can respawn in 20s and avenge myself. I don't know this for sure but if you have multiple ships in your hangar you can actually change your ship on death so you can adapt to situations.

Each ship has its own special ability which I think is pretty cool. The Lynx has a cloaking device which I found great use for as a new player because if I got caught out I could cloak and move away. Actually a couple of times I was able to cloak, let my enemy pass by me then uncloak and get right on his tail again for a kill. Someone mentioned earlier that the cloak has no decloaking penalty like EVE's one, but once activated it only works for 18 second and you can't activate it again for a minute. I didn't feel it was unbalanced.

Think I'll try my hand at the Federation interceptors.

Miep
March 4 2013, 11:39:22 AM
actual i like the regular mode, but most tend to fly arcade so the waiting time is much higher then in arcade.

has anyone figured out how to raise rank for multiple factions?
i have read on the wiki that you can have up to 5 different contracts at a time?
Reason i ask is that id like to use different imps from different factions but somehow the wiki seems rather outdated.

Its bit confusing with
- reputation (for subfaction?)
- rank (for faction/race)
- exp (for single ships?)

Lilalaunebör
March 4 2013, 01:03:04 PM
actual i like the regular mode, but most tend to fly arcade so the waiting time is much higher then in arcade.

has anyone figured out how to raise rank for multiple factions?
i have read on the wiki that you can have up to 5 different contracts at a time?
Reason i ask is that id like to use different imps from different factions but somehow the wiki seems rather outdated.

Its bit confusing with
- reputation (for subfaction?)
- rank (for faction/race)
- exp (for single ships?)

I think its a combination of you cant and outdated info. Atm i can have 3 contracts with one subfaction and thats it. The subfaction automatically determines the faction i rank up for imps (?), and unlocks subfaction specific faction (blue quality) mods.
I could pay the penalty (thats based on your current rank with your faction? 80k for me currently i think) and switch either to the other subfaction for different module unlocks but gaining the same faction xp for imps / ship unlocks, or switch to a different faction starting from 0 there. If i did that, i would retain the ranks (and imps) from my previous faction, as well as the ship unlocks in my old faction tree, but all further xp goes to new faction imps/ship unlocks.

Theres also a "switch starting faction for creds" option, but that one only affects your passive boni i believe.

This is mostly speculation but its how i understand the system.

I can fly T2 tier2 empire intys, i might switch to foundation at some point after i can get the t3 inty, dunno id have to check the imp tree because the ship variety alone wouldnt be incentive enough for me to switch atm.

Devec
March 4 2013, 02:14:11 PM
http://star-conflict.com/upload/image/faction_art/jericho.jpg

JERICHO VICTOR

Jalif
March 4 2013, 02:55:56 PM
I started playing this and it is goood fun right now. Bit like eve but less stressfull and more action.

Anybody bought steam dlc's? Also, how do you manage to get a t2 without actually paying real money?

Dahak
March 4 2013, 03:06:29 PM
I started playing this and it is goood fun right now. Bit like eve but less stressfull and more action.

Anybody bought steam dlc's? Also, how do you manage to get a t2 without actually paying real money?

Haven't paid anything yet, but it seems Steam users get a free 7 day premium thingy. I'm up to enough reputation and cash for the first T2 ship, but I wasn't particularly interested in it from the info card and am saving for another one higher in the T2 band.

Miep
March 4 2013, 03:31:46 PM
I got the mercenary pack. Its the best overall one because it gives you an extra loot option, 1 more chanceson purple items+ more money.
You get enough exp/rep anyway, its the money which comes short.... oh and its the cheapest one.

Dahak
March 4 2013, 03:37:18 PM
TotalBiscuit's video if you put any stock in his thoughts.

http://youtu.be/T-lOWGFoMUU

Lilalaunebör
March 4 2013, 03:45:54 PM
He rambles on for 30 minutes about what module is better blahblah, you can hear the neckbeard growing. Since its free and rather small just hop in and give it a spin.

Marlona Sky
March 4 2013, 05:26:25 PM
Fun.

spasm
March 4 2013, 06:39:19 PM
Game is pretty good, hopefully the devs won't get their heads stuck up their ass like wargaming.

Devec
March 4 2013, 07:08:59 PM
Join #starconflict on griefplay for squading up and such.

spasm
March 4 2013, 07:10:06 PM
Doesn't look like anyone has made a corp yet, so I spent my space gold on one. Message me ingame to get an invite, I'm spasm.

Minion
March 4 2013, 08:01:51 PM
Added a channel to FHC TS3 because I can.

Saw comparisons to WoT, did not want. Tried anyway. Seems like a funny way to waste time, definitely going to get ruined by default until I get a faster/non-newbie ship.

Registration process is wat. Sign up without supplying password(?!), eventually somehow get logged in on site and find the option to set one, then get a copy of that password via e-mail in plain text >.>

Can change your name at any time, but the game will add a number if the name is already taken. Found a funny exploit that lets me get the name I want, though.

Game will blink on the taskbar if you're alt tabbed when it finds a matchup. Respawning is nice, but you can't reuse the same ship per match outside of arcade mode(?) so go in with more than one. Get used to holding the Afterburner key, and use it both to go fast in any direction (even strafing up/down/left/right!) and stop quickly (AB in reverse). Don't forget you have active modules (or to equip them!); all kinds of useful things from reps to damage mods to e-war.

EDIT: Also, skills.

EDIT 2: Keep track of where your team is, RUN AWAY when you're not with them.

Miep
March 4 2013, 08:42:35 PM
Damn it, just joined evolution, was looking for a corp:(
at t2 games starts to get hard, so much chooses

RazoR
March 4 2013, 08:50:41 PM
Clearly the solution is to launch torpedoes at faggots 10km away.

Lilalaunebör
March 4 2013, 09:02:20 PM
Torps from offscreen are the gayest thing ever, id run flares on everyting if i had the slot.

Am lvl6 now, xp gain definitely crawls now. On the upside im positive ill make it to 7 (i.e. T3) before the buff runs out, and may even have enough monies by then to pimp a t3 ceptor right away.

Btw i dont know how anyone won a pve mission in T1 ships, i checked my logs and in the shipyard defense one i always die to T3 commander weapons in wave 3.

edith: finally won a dreadnought siege, what do i get? green inty shield booster, worst item ever.

Ashaz
March 4 2013, 09:20:22 PM
I am confused. is this game in closed beta or not?

Steam lists it as free to play so i downloaded it. i got to make an account... but I didn't get a password so I can't log in?

Dahak
March 4 2013, 09:33:51 PM

Steam lists it as free to play so i downloaded it. i got to make an account... but I didn't get a password so I can't log in?

Open beta, their account creation crap is weird. You make the account, they email you a randomized password, you go change it on the site.

Minion
March 4 2013, 09:41:20 PM

Open beta, their account creation crap is weird. You make the account, they email you a randomized password, you go change it on the site.

There's also a button where you can just end up right in your profile, which is how I did it. I think it was just a text link on the bottom left, but I can't remember.

EDIT: It's called "I want to register and I want to enter"

Takon Orlani
March 4 2013, 11:55:56 PM
So do factions matter?

Lilalaunebör
March 5 2013, 12:05:16 AM
Is there any way to get armor rep besides the one frigate support mod or the loltastic 6min cd, reps for 20% hp armor rep? Im rolling pure buffer tank as empire, and it just feels inferior the longer it goes, and if i were able to alpha anything i wouldnt need the buffer anyways.

e: re factions, the 5% passive gold income from fed sounds nice i guess, on the other hand im mostly limited by rep/xp not gold atm.

Other than that the faction you sign contracts with determines your ship tree, and each faction has abit of its own flavour.

Empire is Amarr, buffer armor tank / sniper laser.
Jericho is Caldari (or Mini, if you like flying active tanked Torp Typhoons), active shield tank / long range torp.
Federation is Gallente, split tank but mostly shield buffer / combat drones.

Minmatar cut themselves on a rusty nail and all died from blood poisoning, although Jericho tries to act all "im a rebel raaaaa".

So Federation gets a bit hosed on the frigate faction module side, and is ugly as fuck. They do have cloaky intys though i believe

Empire or Jericho is a bit of a tossup, empire ships are fastest i think (got MWD on their inty while Jericho has a trollface 6 secs stasis / aoe disable), if i had to choose again id probably go Jericho. Dem Torps are super annoying.

spasm
March 5 2013, 12:07:08 AM
So do factions matter?

Only for which faction bonus you want.

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 12:08:42 AM
Went +xp faction because well its more xp and more damage to

spasm
March 5 2013, 12:37:49 AM
Jericho victor

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 12:38:30 AM
C jericho best

Takon Orlani
March 5 2013, 01:15:07 AM
If I hate Jericho I'll blame it on you lot.

pratell
March 5 2013, 01:17:47 AM
jericho fat nerds

long live the federation

p.s. federation is fastest, though empire has MWD interceptors.

Takon Orlani
March 5 2013, 01:21:09 AM
I guess my real question is "Is there a clear WRONG choice when it comes to factions?"

I was honestly leaning towards the Feds seeing as there's no "Leave us the fuck alone" faction.

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 01:24:13 AM
Nope

pratell
March 5 2013, 01:25:25 AM
I guess my real question is "Is there a clear WRONG choice when it comes to factions?"

I was honestly leaning towards the Feds seeing as there's no "Leave us the fuck alone" faction.

factions are irrelevant as stated several times. weapons otoh, don't fucking touch lazors except for pve.

Takon Orlani
March 5 2013, 01:47:12 AM
Rgr that, thanks. Torpedo spam it is.

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 01:48:31 AM
Rgr that, thanks. Torpedo spam it is.

Just buy diffrent guns

pratell
March 5 2013, 03:18:06 AM
frigates are so lol, and only survive in this game because everyone is so bad at early tiers.

Takon Orlani
March 5 2013, 04:52:46 AM
Wow you can buy low grade frigs real early... I got one after three battles lol. I'm loving this game!

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 04:55:05 AM
Wtb people to combo dagger+tv torpedos. Spewing tv guided torpd from behind a roid is just free xp.

pratell
March 5 2013, 05:42:20 AM
Would like to see a siege mode like the dreadnought scenario in pvp.

Steph
March 5 2013, 08:08:23 AM
Do frigates no longer have siege mode?

Marlona Sky
March 5 2013, 08:48:47 AM
Wtb people to combo dagger+tv torpedos. Spewing tv guided torpd from behind a roid is just free xp.

Me and a friend spent the whole night sneaking around and raping guys like that along with enemy team captains. Nothing more satisfying than two people decloaking and firing rockets and lasers and shit and them wondering wtf is happening.

Really, really enjoying this game. :D

except when our team captain derp charges into battle like a stupid fuck and dies... :(

XenosisReaper
March 5 2013, 09:59:34 AM
I will get this game, seems fun.

How big is the client?

cullnean
March 5 2013, 10:25:15 AM
cullnean in game add me

Miep
March 5 2013, 10:47:06 AM
I will get this game, seems fun.

How big is the client?

1,5 gig, steam version at least

Takon Orlani
March 5 2013, 12:43:52 PM
Yea the user interface leave some to be desired (I prefer a button or right click to get info instead of mouse over) but it's a solid game so far. The controls make sense as-is to me.

XenosisReaper
March 5 2013, 12:54:24 PM
So I registered (twice) and I have yet to receive my confirmation email after 2 hours.

Mr Marram
March 5 2013, 01:24:45 PM
So I registered (twice) and I have yet to receive my confirmation email after 2 hours.

Check spam, and do you play War thunder? As its the same guys and so the same login as that.

cullnean
March 5 2013, 01:26:53 PM
http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

tapaderp

Elias M
March 5 2013, 02:38:32 PM
God I feel like a complete EVE newbie again.

Got myself a Swift interceptor and putting some kit on it. Have decided on IR Flares and a Shield Booster, I haven't had any problems with railguns so far so I've put those on it, but I'm torn now as to whether I should try and hit-and-run at range using lasers, or close in and use plasma cannons because my special modules (plasma web) only has a 2000m range.

pratell
March 5 2013, 02:43:19 PM
God I feel like a complete EVE newbie again.

Got myself a Swift interceptor and putting some kit on it. Have decided on IR Flares and a Shield Booster, I haven't had any problems with railguns so far so I've put those on it, but I'm torn now as to whether I should try and hit-and-run at range using lasers, or close in and use plasma cannons because my special modules (plasma web) only has a 2000m range.hit and run isn't going to be viable with lasers at the low levels at least, they just don't no damage. i'd recommend going railguns or plasma and taking an ion thinger that shuts down the enemy. the IR flares are real nice though. shield booster just isn't going to do much, learn to dodge and it will increase your survivability much more.

fed 4 life

Elias M
March 5 2013, 02:50:25 PM
hit and run isn't going to be viable with lasers at the low levels at least, they just don't no damage. i'd recommend going railguns or plasma and taking an ion thinger that shuts down the enemy. the IR flares are real nice though. shield booster just isn't going to do much, learn to dodge and it will increase your survivability much more.

fed 4 life

Yeah, I just played a game and I might as well use plasma because I have to get close to use the plasma web anyway. And the shield booster was a stupid idea, I never active tanked an interceptor in EVE so why should I in this.

:fed4life:

cullnean
March 5 2013, 03:13:21 PM
http://pigroll.com/img/i_have_no_idea_what_im_doing_2.jpg

Lilalaunebör
March 5 2013, 03:29:28 PM
Plasma is king.

Minion
March 5 2013, 03:47:13 PM
shield booster just isn't going to do much, learn to dodge and it will increase your survivability much more.

fed 4 life

And the shield booster was a stupid idea, I never active tanked an interceptor in EVE so why should I in this.

The reppers aren't really for tanking in the EVE sense, though. They're more of a "get me back in the fight faster" or "I got away for a few seconds and I want a second chance".

But yeah, +1 to dodging no matter what you fit.

pratell
March 5 2013, 04:04:44 PM
seems like there's a huge misbalance between the weapons, but i've never tried using railguns. anyone finding the same? i.e. lasers are shit and plasma does enough hull damage to not make a difference.

Miep
March 5 2013, 04:05:33 PM
Well, together with commandship boni for resis , skills, shipboni etc active tanking should be viable.

Esp t2+ because you get more slots. FARRRR more slots and items

cullnean
March 5 2013, 04:19:22 PM
Hmm should we pester for a section for this game

Takon Orlani
March 5 2013, 04:20:05 PM
Fed look straight out of macross...

Elias M
March 5 2013, 04:25:54 PM
I assume battles are ordered depending on the tiers of ships you have available? So if i have a hangar of all Tier 1 ships I'll only ever fight against other Tier 1 ships?

When happens when you have a Tier 2 in your hangar?

L'oiseau
March 5 2013, 04:27:58 PM
I assume battles are ordered depending on the tiers of ships you have available? So if i have a hangar of all Tier 1 ships I'll only ever fight against other Tier 1 ships?

It goes by your highest Tier ship. If you have 1 tier 2 in your hangar you end up in a tier 2 battle.

Rhaegor Stormborn
March 5 2013, 04:28:30 PM

Too soon!

Winged Nazgul
March 5 2013, 04:29:59 PM

Could just use the World of [Vehicles] subforum.

Lilalaunebör
March 5 2013, 04:33:33 PM
Browser ate my longpost, but basically: Lasers always suck because 2/3 base damage of plasma and no kinetic ammo. Rails track better than plasma and have slightly more range, but no EM ammo vs shields. However, vs hardened shields (one passive EM hardener) rails with thermal are just as good.

Boils down to, forget lasers, use plasma if you like close combat and slow targets, but youll have to switch ammo between shield and hull. Rails are better vs fast targets and youll probably be fine with thermal ammo.

Elias M
March 5 2013, 04:49:55 PM

It goes by your highest Tier ship. If you have 1 tier 2 in your hangar you end up in a tier 2 battle.

Wow, so there's no point at all in keeping lower tiers since presumably they'd be obsolete in the higher battles?

So what do you do if you have a Tier 2 and you want to team up with your friend who only has Tier 1s?

cullnean
March 5 2013, 04:55:33 PM

Wow, so there's no point at all in keeping lower tiers since presumably they'd be obsolete in the higher battles?

So what do you do if you have a Tier 2 and you want to team up with your friend who only has Tier 1s?

Do what devec did and watch em fail round like a piece of mobile chaff

(I was the chaff)

Lilalaunebör
March 5 2013, 05:38:20 PM
If you want to team up with someone lower, you have to make sure that everyone has only lower tier ships in their 3 hangar slots. You can have higher tier ships unlocked, but as i understand it as long as you dont have it ready in a hangar slot it wont be taken into account for matchmaking.

But as soon as one person in your squad has a higher tier ship ready, everyone gets matched according to that tier. To remove a ship from a slot / leave the slot empty, go to the ship tree, right click on the ship currently in the slot -> remove from hangar.

Elias M
March 5 2013, 05:48:57 PM
If you want to team up with someone lower, you have to make sure that everyone has only lower tier ships in their 3 hangar slots. You can have higher tier ships unlocked, but as i understand it as long as you dont have it ready in a hangar slot it wont be taken into account for matchmaking.

But as soon as one person in your squad has a higher tier ship ready, everyone gets matched according to that tier. To remove a ship from a slot / leave the slot empty, go to the ship tree, right click on the ship currently in the slot -> remove from hangar.

Aaaaah I got it.

And that instantly solves the biggest issue I had with the game.

Elias M
March 5 2013, 06:18:40 PM
Got myself a Swift Mk.3.

Wondering whether to go for Battle Scanner (reduce weapon spread 30%) or Collision Compensator (-50% collision damage, +20% turn speed).

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 06:24:24 PM

If ramming mods stack get 2 and just run into people guns blazing.

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 06:24:40 PM

If ramming mods stack get 2 and just run into people guns blazing.

Marlona Sky
March 5 2013, 06:36:08 PM
Got myself a Swift Mk.3.

Wondering whether to go for Battle Scanner (reduce weapon spread 30%) or Collision Compensator (-50% collision damage, +20% turn speed).

Go with the turn speed. I suggest playing hell with fags who snipe from across the map. Pester them. While you may not be able to solo them, if they are busy with you it means they are not busy sniping your team and thus should give your team an advantage.

Hit and run my friend, hit and run.

Elias M
March 5 2013, 07:02:05 PM
Go with the turn speed. I suggest playing hell with fags who snipe from across the map. Pester them. While you may not be able to solo them, if they are busy with you it means they are not busy sniping your team and thus should give your team an advantage.

Yeah, have player a few games with the Collision Compensator and it really helps. Circle-strafing frigates to death when you catch them on their own is great fun. The faster turning speed has helped me win a few dogfights against enemy interceptors too.

pratell
March 5 2013, 07:55:06 PM

Yeah, have player a few games with the Collision Compensator and it really helps. Circle-strafing frigates to death when you catch them on their own is great fun. The faster turning speed has helped me win a few dogfights against enemy interceptors too.

mate if you are having trouble circle strafing frigates in a swift would suggest trying harder. this sounds hardman but for reals, there are no frigates that you can't sit 20m behind forever. frigates are the rock to interceptor paper, if you are losing 1 v 1 then press more buttons. with mods you should be come close to circle strafing jericho fighters.

Elias M
March 5 2013, 08:02:01 PM
mate if you are having trouble circle strafing frigates in a swift would suggest trying harder. this sounds hardman but for reals, there are no frigates that you can't sit 20m behind forever. frigates are the rock to interceptor paper, if you are losing 1 v 1 then press more buttons. with mods you should be come close to circle strafing jericho fighters.

Never said I was having trouble circle-strafing frigates, just stating that it was fun to do, but I see the confusion since I mentioned it at the same time as saying the Collision Compensator was helping.

Kilabi
March 5 2013, 10:07:38 PM
Invite to FHC please. Kilabi in-game.

Takon Orlani
March 5 2013, 10:24:36 PM

Me too please. Takon1

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 10:26:24 PM

Me too please. Takon1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HDInvite Varcaus as well

Marlona Sky
March 5 2013, 10:39:58 PM
Is a corp just a chat channel or is there more to it?

XenosisReaper
March 5 2013, 10:52:46 PM
invite XenosisReaper pls

Tyrus Tenebros
March 5 2013, 11:15:47 PM
Downloadin

edit: How much do I have to pay to win?

Mavolio
March 5 2013, 11:21:19 PM
Not seen any one doin amazingly well in any games so far. So either all the P2W people are terrible or it doesn't make any difference at low tiers.

edit: also dont try the PvE. I tried it twice the 1st time we all died except 1 guy who just flew around for 20 mins being chased by a swarm of ships. The 2nd time we got almost to the end then loads of Elite ships just come and blitz you. Much faster/fun to lvl up in normal PvP games.

Tyrus Tenebros
March 5 2013, 11:28:12 PM
Not seen any one doin amazingly well in any games so far. So either all the P2W people are terrible or it doesn't make any difference at low tiers.

edit: also dont try the PvE. I tried it twice the 1st time we all died except 1 guy who just flew around for 20 mins being chased by a swarm of ships. The 2nd time we got almost to the end then loads of Elite ships just come and blitz you. Much faster/fun to lvl up in normal PvP games.
Will be logged on soon, how do I find you guys?

edit: how do I shot web?

Tyrus Tenebros
March 5 2013, 11:40:05 PM
TyrusDark ingame, going Feds? Does it matter?

Varcaus
March 5 2013, 11:43:59 PM
TyrusDark ingame, going Feds? Does it matter?

Just for the bouns at the start but go jericho for dat +xp imo

cullnean
March 5 2013, 11:46:16 PM
How dafuq do I talk in guild?

tapaderp

Rhaegor Stormborn
March 6 2013, 12:01:17 AM
Any advice on the first or second ships I should buy as Jericho?

Tyrus Tenebros
March 6 2013, 12:03:45 AM
Weapon systems to use? I read a few pages back but didn't see the FHC-quickstart-guide.

I went for money bonus over XP bonus tbh.

edit: for example... difference between arcade and regular matches? Arcade seems more popular?

Lilalaunebör
March 6 2013, 12:17:43 AM
You can expand chat with one of the buttons on the lower left, second one i think. Then select corp and type away, no slash command for some reason...

Arcade matches are infinite respawn modes until objectives are met, Classic is you only get the ships you have in your hangar and once all have gone poof once its over.

Tbh im not sure whats more fun atm, combat recon is turning into a pretty retarded turtle fest if the teams play to win, on the other hand classic makes people more risk averse too :S
Plus im pretty shit apparently, made it to T3 dumped all my monies into a fighter, think imba stats here we go... meeeeep get stomped in the first few T3 matches. Looking across my death list people at this tier pretty often roll p2w mods, so id have to grind lots and lots with my mk1 to catch up.
Ive started leveling Jericho for now, maybe if i have the spacebucks to get at least mk2 versions of my T3 mods ill try again. It shouldnt make such a difference, but overall p2w mods outperform mk1 mods by what, 20% ?

I guess T2 is the sweet spot, since its easily attainable but still offers quite a bit of variety.

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 12:21:59 AM
They are same as mark II you just get them with no game cash.

Lilalaunebör
March 6 2013, 12:24:42 AM
Its just me being bad then.

Tyrus Tenebros
March 6 2013, 01:49:00 AM
Cash stuff is slightly better.

Anyways signed for empire because :armortanking:

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 01:49:47 AM
Really odd I thought the ships and stuff look worse welp.

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 01:50:07 AM

Also their is no armour just sheild and man tanking

Takon Orlani
March 6 2013, 01:53:40 AM
So far I like: The lynx, the Axe. Meh: Zealot, has funny TV missile.

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 01:54:18 AM

Combo it with a dagger and its amazing

Marlona Sky
March 6 2013, 02:02:13 AM

There is stuff you can 'research' that has the same stats as the cash stuff. You just have to complete a variety of levels from assorted sub-factions. Constantly bouncing back and forth between contracts is expensive, so choose wisely.

Takon Orlani
March 6 2013, 02:09:44 AM

WTB dagger buddy

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 02:11:18 AM

WTB dagger buddy

Give me an hour and be on ts (I guessing you see how it works?)

Tyrus Tenebros
March 6 2013, 02:40:57 AM
Seems like errbody uses laz0rs because of no aiming?

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 02:41:16 AM

Bads gonna bad

Tyrus Tenebros
March 6 2013, 02:44:16 AM

Bads gonna bad

Can't figure out how to reliably do well. Badding it up hard.

cullnean
March 6 2013, 02:44:40 AM

plasma wrecks

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 02:45:49 AM

Bads gonna bad

Can't figure out how to reliably do well. Badding it up hard.

Use main weapons to chew up sheilds then blap with lock on missles use ir flares to cover your ass
rank 2 shit depends on the ship

Tyrus Tenebros
March 6 2013, 03:48:25 AM
How do I unequip stuff?

edit: nm figured that out... can I stack resistance modules?

Varcaus
March 6 2013, 04:20:09 AM
Dagger zealot combo works very well wtb more zealots.

Tyrus Tenebros
March 6 2013, 04:34:30 AM
I could suffer through sniping if I had to, I suppose, but I've been following in my gallente footsteps and serving plasma death on overload to people.

Attempting to dual-passive-tank with two resist mods.

current ship lineup: Herc II, Lynx, Herc

edit: welp the resist mods share a cooldown. Lesson learned.

Dahak
March 6 2013, 04:38:19 AM
Hit T2, loading plasma cannons with EM/Kinetic modifiers bound to my mouse thumb keys. It's just cruel.

Miep
March 6 2013, 08:08:01 AM
Any advice on the first or second ships I should buy as Jericho?

Go tech subfaction, get a dagger V, -> stiletto -> stiletto ae, rapid fire railsguns (very close range but the noted dps is actualy x3 because 3 projectiles).+ the mod which reduces your weapons spread for 30%+ weapon mod which change dmg from kinetic to thermal.

can I stack resistance modules?

yes, you can

Kilabi
March 6 2013, 08:10:39 AM
I want the empire fighters for trololoverload but the interceptor and frigate from jericho.

Think I am going empire first to have a T2 attacker and after that level jericho.

Marlona Sky
March 6 2013, 08:48:39 AM
Decided to get the Elite Pack. Headed over to Steam to buy it and the transaction failed. WTF. So I try again, fails again. Do it one last time and it simply doesn't happen. So I go about my business playing the game...

Twenty minutes later, my account is charged THREE times for the Elite Pack... Mother fuckers! :evil:

Hast
March 6 2013, 08:55:27 AM
I shall play this tonight I think. DUN DUN DUUUUUUN

Kilabi
March 6 2013, 09:05:15 AM
Wiki is fucking outdated, on reputation it states you gain rep depending on the ship you are flying. But when I tried yesterday I only got the rep for the faction I had my contract with.
So leveling 2 factions really only works by jumping contracts.

Miep
March 6 2013, 09:58:09 AM
Decided to get the Elite Pack. Headed over to Steam to buy it and the transaction failed. WTF. So I try again, fails again. Do it one last time and it simply doesn't happen. So I go about my business playing the game...

Twenty minutes later, my account is charged THREE times for the Elite Pack... Mother fuckers! :evil:

Thank you for supporting this great game, lol.
I heared the boni stack, so use it a while before you complain :P

Btw, Clan Dreadnaught incoming(and another eve rip off):
http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=2100

Elias M
March 6 2013, 11:34:18 AM
Played Combat Recon. Got chosen as Captain. No big deal, I'll use my Lynx-M and stay back. Stayed back, enemy Lynx-M tried to dive-bomb me right at the start, his missile eats my flares but my own missile coupled with target painter nail him dead on. I move forward a little bit but stay in cover from their sniping frigates.

We eliminate their captain. Okay, I'll push up a bit more and take on that lone fighter who's wounded. I kill him, but their remaining interceptor dives in at the last minute to finish me off. Welp, I took one with me and my team looks to be in a strong position so I quit the battle.

We lose, and I get no credits or experience points because I "deserted the battlefield". So, when I die and can't respawn, having no ability to play any further part in the battle, I have to sit and watch. Granted it might only be a few minutes but maybe I'd like to browse my items or look through the ship listings. But no, you get punished needlessly.

XenosisReaper
March 6 2013, 12:19:06 PM
>quits before battle ends
> surprised when he receives nothing

Have you ever played a game before?

spasm
March 6 2013, 12:23:31 PM
>quits before battle ends
> surprised when he receives nothing

Have you ever played a game before?

>Doesn't understand the issue
>Is xenosis

Jalif
March 6 2013, 01:07:29 PM
Playing the game but I pretty much suck at it. Specially when flying the interceptor, I can't take down frigates lol.... So I'm being a torpedo whore or a sniping frig fag... Might get the brawling frigate of the federation as well and figure a way to kill ceptors fast.... And I figured AO weapons and mines are a good way to kill them when they are in your back.

EDIT: Also thx for suggesting the mercenary (cheapest) pack... worthwhile the money in the long run.

Takon Orlani
March 6 2013, 01:48:19 PM
I don't think that interceptor s are for DPS...

Jalif
March 6 2013, 02:12:30 PM
I don't think that interceptor s are for DPS...

They are more akward Ewar boats I think. Hit and run debuf shit. Should suit my playstyle. They are also good at capping beacons.

Kilabi
March 6 2013, 02:18:14 PM
Jericho interceptor is amazing for those EMP bombs.

Get bomb, get close to station, hit special, be invulnerable for 6sec, disable everyone in 2k radius, plant bomb meanwhile, gtfo.

rufuske
March 6 2013, 02:36:05 PM
Do we have a FHC corp set up?

Miep
March 6 2013, 02:47:39 PM

Get bomb, get close to station, hit special, be invulnerable for 6sec, disable everyone in 2k radius, plant bomb meanwhile, gtfo.

Did anyone get the allahu akbar mod :P?
Selfdestruct for 5k dmg, 500m range
This + minefield = instant 10k dmg in 500m radius, ridicoulus for killing enemy captain.

Lief Siddhe
March 6 2013, 02:50:34 PM
Ama give dis a go, y'all planning on playing this longer than 3 weeks?

Jalif
March 6 2013, 03:04:34 PM
Ama give dis a go, y'all planning on playing this longer than 3 weeks?

I will, game as very good potential now... stuff is still "broken" but it is also still in beta.

Did anyone get the allahu akbar mod :P?
Selfdestruct for 5k dmg, 500m range
This + minefield = instant 10k dmg in 500m radius, ridicoulus for killing enemy captain.

Hmmmm.... going to give that a try...

I did use the allahu akbar mod before and was propper fun, but didn't think about using that along with the minefield.

--

Could I get invite to FHC clan? "Jalif" is the name.

--

If you stack power ups, does it double the effect or does it just render the other one useless?

pratell
March 6 2013, 04:02:06 PM
game is loads of fun. bittervets complain about grinding but tbh just playing is fun. I like the pace of T1, but all the toys in T2 are hilarious fun, e.g. ECM.

game also needs a lot o polishing, like a non terrible chat, sorting modules by role rather than arbitrary whatever.

cullnean
March 6 2013, 04:06:33 PM
Axe when my most works zealot when it doesn't, have cash for t2, but will wait a week or so before doing that

tapaderp

Lief Siddhe
March 6 2013, 04:20:16 PM
DLed, installed, did tutorial. Am about to get my ass kicked in real battle.

Callsign: dobrique, pls invite to FHC

Marlona Sky
March 6 2013, 04:27:08 PM
TMA getting those pesky ceptors off me if I'm one of those big slow bastards with drones?

Lilalaunebör
March 6 2013, 04:32:35 PM
TMA getting those pesky ceptors off me if I'm one of those big slow bastards with drones?

Youre fucked, theyre your counter. However, there is such a thing as minefields+smartbomb, so you can atleast force them off your immediate butt. Depends on the tech level i guess, i started flying T1 Jericho last night and was shocked at how retardedly easy lasersnipers would swat me.

Marlona Sky
March 6 2013, 05:05:19 PM
I'm having some difficulty understanding the mechanics of the remote rep modules. Seems like you activate it once and it does something or nothing. Then you can immediately activate it again and it will work or not work. What am I missing here?

illectro
March 6 2013, 05:26:13 PM
I gave the game a quick look over for my youtube subscribers, it seems ok, not sure if I want to pay though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikw1b_Qt_Ow

Miep
March 6 2013, 05:31:25 PM
lol, just realized that i can spin ships in hangar.

Oh, and which ships have remote rep? Are those frigs? Have only used command ships right now. T2 one sucks because it has no range boni, t1 one had 10km range, t2one only 4300 but a strength bonus.

so, back spinning ships.

Paradox
March 6 2013, 05:35:47 PM
boni

No such word mate.

(sorry)

Lilalaunebör
March 6 2013, 05:48:05 PM
There are frig modules (under support i think) that apply shield/armor regen auras to everyone in 3k range or so. Just switch it on and itll tick away for everyone who comes into range, including yourself.
Its really the only way to regen hull moderately quickly, balanced by the fact that flying a support frig into dogfight range is super risky. You can do stuff like camp out behind a roid near a capture point though.

If you want to have a look at all the modules there are, go into the warehouse, shop, and remove the tick from the "only available" and "compatible with ships" checkbox.

Caldrion Dosto
March 6 2013, 05:54:05 PM
Hey i see there is a FHC corp how does one get in? (im guessing invite only?)

Playing Jerico frigs atm, great fun for killing people who dont understand what the invul thingie does =)

Seems that Plasma is by large the superior closerange weapon atm.. Especially since u can switch to kinetic dmg if needed.

im ingame now if anyone wanna team up Name: CaldrionDosto

spasm
March 6 2013, 05:58:27 PM
Hey i see there is a FHC corp how does one get in? (im guessing invite only?)

Playing Jerico frigs atm, great fun for killing people who dont understand what the invul thingie does =)

Seems that Plasma is by large the superior closerange weapon atm.. Especially since u can switch to kinetic dmg if needed.

im ingame now if anyone wanna team up Name: CaldrionDosto

Add me to your friends list (spasm). I'll add you to the corp.

Caldrion Dosto
March 6 2013, 06:11:01 PM
adoen. oh im not playing jerico frigates.. just realized.. Interceptors, it is :P

Miep
March 6 2013, 06:24:02 PM
boni

No such word mate.

(sorry)

Well, its the plural in german, whats it in english? just gussed
(grammar nazi)

Paradox
March 6 2013, 06:37:03 PM
boni

No such word mate.

(sorry)

Well, its the plural in german, whats it in english? just gussed
(grammar nazi)

It sounds silly but the plural is bonuses

(I am a grammar nazi. I am very sorry)

Takon Orlani
March 6 2013, 06:54:35 PM
How does one switch damage types?

Caldrion Dosto
March 6 2013, 06:59:58 PM
need t2 ships, Then u hae ammo slots, whew u can put in different ammo types that u switch between with F1 and F2

RazoR
March 6 2013, 07:01:50 PM
So how do you sell ships?

trololololo

Caldrion Dosto
March 6 2013, 07:13:41 PM
you can only sell mods not ships.. And u need all ships in a tree to get to "later" content