PDA

View Full Version : Fantabulously Terrific Wonderment recruiting wormholers. (open to AU TZ now!)

Cue1*
January 17 2012, 05:30:50 AM
http://1bi.us/d9k
Fantabulously Terrific Wonderment is currently looking for like minded players. We're a wormhole dwelling group currently living in a C5. We're PvP centric, PvE forms the backbone of how we pay for our PvP habits. As of right now we're using our C3 static to find kills and fights. We're US TZ based, however we've got a :loljapan: TZ member who returns from the sandbox soon and we're looking to create an AU TZ branch.

What we offer:
-Regularly occurring organized events, be it PvE or PvP
-A home in wormhole space
-An ISK source
-A directorate who are interested in assuring your online time in EVE is fun
-General shenanigans during most operations
-Also, cookies

Who you should be:
-A competent PvPer who's comfortable in smaller gangs. 0.0 warfare is amazing, I personally spent a long time doing it. It really is a lot of fun, but it doesn't teach good PvP skills.
-Able to fly a T3 cruiser. This also means knowing how to fly them. I'm not going to set an SP limit, if you can fly a T3, that's what we need. If you're close to one, we have a few non-T3 alternatives. Legions are preferred, but any T3 will do. Guardian pilot is also a plus.
-Some BS skill to I. This is for collapsing wormholes more than anything so just having it to I is all you need.
-Probing skills trained to 3. If you don't know how to probe, that's not an issue, we can teach you. It's not hard, but you will need to get good at it. Everyone probes in a wormhole. Everyone.
-Willing to take a good ribbing, your mom jokes are not the lowest we can go. If you can dish it out, all the better.
-Patient. Wormhole PvP isn't an every night affair. Should we not find a fight within a reasonable timeframe we'll roam lowsec or 0.0 for a fight.

If you're interested in learning more or applying, our forums are here (http://www.noonlightphoto.com/bored/index.php). Or you can contact hanro or Steph Wing ingame. Send a mail first though, ambush convos annoy me.

Jalif
January 17 2012, 12:32:11 PM
No EU timezone :( - looks like fun corp.

Hels
January 17 2012, 12:46:39 PM
Dammit cue, I was gonna post this. :P

I am said Japan tz member, thus you should have plenty of reason to want to join. B)

Moving on from that you can contact me as well, on Helsir Qyrdun. I'm the only one in the group that knows how to hunt/PvP in WHs properly anyways, so if you have any interest in that be sure to question everything Steph and cue tell you.

Cue1*
January 17 2012, 06:02:08 PM
No EU timezone :( - looks like fun corp.

If EU's join, I'm sure we can suddenly happen to have a EU TZ.

Also, why exactly does the forum keep eating my spaces!?

Steph
January 18 2012, 10:18:45 AM
...so if you have any interest in that be sure to question everything Steph and cue tell you.

Basically this.

Steph
January 22 2012, 08:52:59 AM
Today Cue learned that a wormhole that leads to "dangerous unknown space" always means the other side is a C6. He was amazed that I knew the class of a K162 but not its locus signature and did not understand how this was possible.

I explained it to him slowly, and in simple words.

pivot
January 22 2012, 09:39:57 AM
Today Cue learned that a wormhole that leads to "dangerous unknown space" always means the other side is a C6. He was amazed that I knew the class of a K162 but not its locus signature and did not understand how this was possible.

I think c6 are deadly unknown space.

Tafkat
January 22 2012, 10:09:10 AM

Actually, "dangerous unknown" = C4 or C5. C6 is "deadly unknown".

Steph
January 22 2012, 10:17:32 AM
Today I also learned that I mentally mix up the words "deadly" and "dangerous" and thus cannot be relied upon to provide accurate information or anecdotes of any kind

http://whatareewelookingat.squarespace.com/storage/The_More_You_Know.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1 319480065152

Daneel Trevize
January 22 2012, 11:20:06 AM
Next up, colours, to know the exact class without even reading anything.

Steph
January 22 2012, 02:03:37 PM
Baby steps, man. Baby steps.

Lorkin Desal
January 22 2012, 09:32:03 PM
Next up, colours, to know the exact class without even reading anything.

Most useful skill a wormholer can have.

Eard
January 24 2012, 02:50:10 AM
I has applied. I am currently beyond rusty, but hey

Cue1*
February 4 2012, 09:33:56 PM
This obviously needs a bump.

Steph
February 5 2012, 12:36:26 AM
Obviously.

Cue1*
February 9 2012, 09:36:12 PM
Obviously.

Obviously.

Steph
February 15 2012, 03:45:30 AM
The plural of "proteus" is "proteodes".

http://whatareewelookingat.squarespace.com/storage/The_More_You_Know.jpg

EntroX
February 15 2012, 07:36:48 PM
maybe i should join, but then again i already am in a WH corp and i haven't even visited said WH

Lorkin Desal
February 15 2012, 07:53:17 PM
maybe i should join, but then again i already am in a WH corp and i haven't even visited said WH

Its ok, you get your kicks from the occasional 100mn tengu fleet, and I like that.

GreenYoshi
February 17 2012, 02:05:17 PM
The plural of "proteus" is "proteodes".

http://whatareewelookingat.squarespace.com/storage/The_More_You_Know.jpg

Octopodes!

Steph
February 17 2012, 10:41:49 PM
Also "thanatodes"!

Steph
February 18 2012, 09:27:00 PM
I just looked it up. "Hippopotamus" is also Greek (it means "river horse).

HIPPOPOTAMODES!

Cue1*
February 23 2012, 12:25:56 AM
how many people do you know that would look at a Hippopotamus and think, 'that's definitely a river horse'?

Cue1*
February 28 2012, 06:53:23 PM
Just a little info, it's now become standard policy to paste entire songs line by line in full caps to members who AFK in TS.

Steph
March 1 2012, 05:23:56 AM
I'd say something witty. But eh.

noobcake
March 2 2012, 10:56:02 AM
I might feel compelled to join now that I've re subbed...app welcome?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk (pissing FHC off since 2011)

Hels
March 2 2012, 08:04:27 PM
Of course broheim.

Steph
March 3 2012, 01:01:22 AM
ccccc
c
c
ccccc

Tafkat
March 3 2012, 03:08:06 PM
Why does your OP bang on about PvP when battleclinic says your corp hasn't killed anything since the 18th of January?

Cue1*
March 3 2012, 09:01:38 PM
Why does your OP bang on about PvP when battleclinic says your corp hasn't killed anything since the 18th of January?

Because we haven't had people on to PvP. 2v40 is pretty boring.

Hels
March 3 2012, 10:31:29 PM

I'm too busy fighting for freedom to PvP in internet spaceships.

Steph and Cue die really well though.

Steph
March 5 2012, 02:52:53 AM

Basically this.

We've been focusing more on recruiting and building up the corp wallet in recent weeks. Any small corp that wants to PvP must first PvE until they can draw members to srs pvp and in the meantime build up an operating fund for things like POS fuel and paying out PvP losses. We're also working out the kinks of our SoP running the C5 sites.

Which is not to say we don't PvP. We just don't do it often at this stage and when we do we don't catch anything.

Tellenta
March 5 2012, 06:07:29 AM

Basically this.

We've been focusing more on recruiting and building up the corp wallet in recent weeks. Any small corp that wants to PvP must first PvE until they can draw members to srs pvp and in the meantime build up an operating fund for things like POS fuel and paying out PvP losses. We're also working out the kinks of our SoP running the C5 sites.

Which is not to say we don't PvP. We just don't do it often at this stage and when we do we don't catch anything.

No they're pretty bad, they spent 5-6 hours trying to bait my guardian and kill it and failed in the end.

Cue1*
March 6 2012, 05:03:19 AM

Basically this.

No they're pretty bad, they spent 5-6 hours trying to bait my guardian and kill it and failed in the end.

Damn, knew I should have just let you die on that POS.

Tellenta
March 6 2012, 09:28:37 AM

Basically this.

Damn, knew I should have just let you die on that POS.

Not my fault you have the bads.

Cue1*
March 11 2012, 05:38:21 AM
We need more awesome people like Tellenta.

Hels
March 11 2012, 08:56:16 AM
We need more awesome people like Tellenta.

Now that we cracked the code on C5s.
Not that I helped. Saving freedom is hard work.

CastleBravo
March 12 2012, 08:20:03 PM
So whats the idea behind occupying a C5 with a static C3? Doesn't that leave you with shit pvp and pve opportunities while leaving you with a gaping hole wide open for violation by capital ships? Not experienced in w-space yet, so no offense I'm just curious why people would choose that.

Wrack
March 12 2012, 08:53:14 PM
C5>C2 and C5>C3 holes are the only 1bil holes that allow 300mil / jump, so you can collapse them with 2 Orca round trips. C3s are great for solo PvE and decent for finding PvP against PVE-only scrubs (who you gank) and eager but terribad "junior pvp" corps (who will engage you with no-tackle brick drakes, MWD-approach-zerotransversal frigs, cruise ravens, you get the idea). If you're rolling holes for chill PvP, you want to be rolling a C2 or 3, as those systems are 100% occupied. C4s and 5s are actually ghost towns.

Being in a C5 means you also occasionally get to be on the receiving end of serious-business pvp from the big boys of deep w-space. You can also bring in caps via the occasional direct lowsec, and use those caps for escalations in your home system, or pvp (but the pvp will be a trap).

(disclaimer: I am not in this corp)

Cue1*
March 12 2012, 11:53:52 PM
C5>C2 and C5>C3 holes are the only 1bil holes that allow 300mil / jump, so you can collapse them with 2 Orca round trips. C3s are great for solo PvE and decent for finding PvP against PVE-only scrubs (who you gank) and eager but terribad "junior pvp" corps (who will engage you with no-tackle brick drakes, MWD-approach-zerotransversal frigs, cruise ravens, you get the idea). If you're rolling holes for chill PvP, you want to be rolling a C2 or 3, as those systems are 100% occupied. C4s and 5s are actually ghost towns.

Being in a C5 means you also occasionally get to be on the receiving end of serious-business pvp from the big boys of deep w-space. You can also bring in caps via the occasional direct lowsec, and use those caps for escalations in your home system, or pvp (but the pvp will be a trap).

(disclaimer: I am not in this corp)

This, and the fact we found the hole by someone connecting to it and then to the C3 we were in at the time. It also makes for really nice logi as well.

Wrack
March 13 2012, 12:08:10 AM
It also makes for really nice logi as well.

Yeah, being able to jump freighters of fuel is way the fuck less painful than hauler convoys.

Cue1*
March 16 2012, 01:19:23 PM
It also makes for really nice logi as well.

Yeah, being able to jump freighters of fuel is way the fuck less painful than hauler convoys.

But isn't it? It's also nice doing just liquid fuel and producing the rest.

Wrack
March 16 2012, 01:59:52 PM
Yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic.

Cue1*
March 16 2012, 03:39:04 PM
Yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I believed you, guess you don't live in the southern US, as that's a phrase here.

I was really just looking for a way to bump the thread. Got three for my troubles.\o/

Cue1*
March 20 2012, 05:51:33 PM
More people=more fun.

Steph
March 21 2012, 11:36:51 PM
Hey Cue, slip this into the OP.

http://1bi.us/d9k

edit: actually hang on, lemmie get the transparency right. fucking gifs

There, fuck it. I cheated.

Wallymarts
March 22 2012, 09:10:02 PM
Been looking for this pretty much for a while now.

I got two chars, either one can join.

Poopandpee - Minnie T3, HAC, Logi, Command
Wallymarts - Caldari T3, HAC (lol), Logi

Cue1*
March 22 2012, 11:28:27 PM

Poopandpee is more than likely what you'd be more happy with. Throw an app up on our forums and i'll setup an interview.

Hels
March 24 2012, 12:09:57 PM

Poopandpee is more than likely what you'd be more happy with. Throw an app up on our forums and i'll setup an interview.

But Wallymarts can solo the C3 static. So ignore Cue and bring both.

Death ToU
March 24 2012, 12:30:43 PM
Loki can solo a c3 also, I have done it many a time, prefer a legion though space beams of love tearing through the vacuum of space is well sexah!

Daneel Trevize
March 24 2012, 12:31:32 PM
Damn it beaten by Death...

Implying Lokis and Sleipnirs can't solo C3s?

Wallymarts
March 24 2012, 04:24:12 PM
I know my loki can solo a C3, XL shield booster Loki ftw. Tengu does it cheaper though, but fuck it, its internet spaceships

Hels
March 24 2012, 05:51:54 PM

Implying that I was implying anything other than Tengus able to solo C3s.

Also implying that this is a worthy and original meme, and a highly creative way to be sarcastic in your communication.

Cue1*
March 24 2012, 09:54:40 PM

Also implying that this is a worthy and original meme, and a highly creative way to be sarcastic in your communication.

Implying we still run C3's :lol:.

Ignore Hels, he's not active due to camelnet and being a delivery boy.

EDIT: to be more specific, if you want to bring both, sure. But you seemed to imply you only wanted to have one in the corp, using the other for god knows what. Our combat fleets(big stuff) are all armor, as are our C5 anom fleets. Ganking and what not is just whatever.

Hels
March 25 2012, 06:44:52 AM

Implying we still run C3's :lol:.

Ignore Hels, he's not active due to camelnet and being a delivery boy.

EDIT: to be more specific, if you want to bring both, sure. But you seemed to imply you only wanted to have one in the corp, using the other for god knows what. Our combat fleets(big stuff) are all armor, as are our C5 anom fleets. Getting ganked and what not is just whatever.

FYP

Cue1*
March 28 2012, 03:57:11 AM
bump

Cue1*
March 31 2012, 04:40:31 AM
bump

Cue1*
April 2 2012, 05:26:35 AM
Encountered a few AHARM guys a few nights ago. Between them and another gang linked to us we were down 3 to 1 and couldn't engage. With more people, we would have. Fun to be had!

Cue1*
April 5 2012, 10:24:40 PM
Encountered some other C5 guys today. They were mining our gas clouds when I logged in, so I riled up the troops and we pounced. Killed two of their mining Moas. They put another group of Moas on the cloud and setup a support fleet. We decided to escalate and logged in a triage carrier. Apparently, they didn't want the gas that much so they collapsed their wormhole. The cool thing was they nearly finished the gas and left it in a can for us. We sent them a thank you note for mining the gas for us.

Hels
April 6 2012, 07:31:36 PM
And he will forever be known as: Cue the Moabane.

Hels
April 27 2012, 08:46:16 PM
Doing some neato things lately.

Ie: stopped being bad at sites and making monies like its nothing, now if only we could figure out how to PvP. :D

Seriously though, we have a tellenta and myself. That should be enough of an incentive.

Death ToU
April 27 2012, 10:15:44 PM
you guys still mainly US?

oh and japan :)

Hels
April 27 2012, 10:26:12 PM
Mostly, though we might pick up an Aussie brosef here soon.

And steph stays up late to hang with me. :D

Steph
April 28 2012, 10:41:12 AM
There was that navy apoc we killed in a site the other day.

Well...when I say killed I mean "tackled long enough for him to die". He was in deep armor when I warped in. :/

http://www.noonlightphoto.com/FTW/3.2.3/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=43

Best part is, it's the same alliance as the noctis we killed last week afking in an anom. xD

Tellenta
April 28 2012, 11:53:09 AM
There was that navy apoc we killed in a site the other day.

Well...when I say killed I mean "tackled long enough for him to die". He was in deep armor when I warped in. :/

http://www.noonlightphoto.com/FTW/3.2.3/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=43

Best part is, it's the same alliance as the noctis we killed last week afking in an anom. xD

Now if only we can get a plan of attack to work as intended we might even shoot at something that shoots back someday. Until then giving cue a heart attack by 'accidentally' double cap spawning sleepers will have to do.

Cue1*
May 3 2012, 05:33:42 AM
Last night, our static opened into a C3 which looked to have been freshly occupied by a small Japanese corp. Since they weren't on, a few members decided they'd like to run a few easy sites, so they grouped up and ran at least half of the anoms pretty quickly. Meanwhile, myself and Tell ran logistics as the towers were crying. The C3 had a highsec link so it wasn't too hard to do logi, Orca making it easy and all. Add to that another member wanting to bring his own Orca in, and we were getting close on the hole's mass limit. I did the calcs quickly in my head but didn't realize the guys running C3s had been jumping in and out repeatedly. Orca goes in, another Orca goes in, and the hole collapses, leaving my cloakie Loki, two C3 anom running T3's, a salvaging T3 and a brick Drake stuck in the C3. Turns out our C5 had a 0.0 link, and this C3 also had a 0.0 link. What are the odds they'd be close? 14 jumps isn't bad, but the drake decides to take the highsec link and log. The remaining group dodges two roaming gangs through Wicked Creek and makes it home. Many laughs were had at my expense and we logged for the night.

Started up tonight with looking for a way to bring that Drake back into our C5. First link was empty and had a 0.0 static, so we rolled it. Next link had a highsec static, so we probe out the hole and get him rolling. As he gets closer, Nighthawk lands 100k off the highsec hole, and a Vaga is sitting at 0 on our link home. They anchor a large bubble on our hole, and wait. We realize they're in proper pew pew ships, and get excited. They might be up for a fight, so we fleet up with two Lokis, two Legions, two Guardians and assorted scouts. Scout sees a few other ships on scan, and we all hope they form up for a fight. Drake lands in the bubble and starts slow boating through the 40km radius, as he lacks an MWD, he's pretty slow. Vaga and Nighhawk warp in and burn into the bubble for their kill. We all jump and begin the pew pewing. Drake lands 200k off the hole, and soon warps out again. We web and kill the Vaga then the Nighthawk. Not quite the fight we wanted(we might have been a bit heavy for them), but a nice gank none-the-less.

Additionally, we're feeling full in the US TZ, so we're going to start being a bit more selective of who we let in. That said, we're attempting to open an AU TZ, so roos are now welcome.

Hels
May 6 2012, 02:28:06 PM
I'll be back in my proper timezone shortly. And after many sexytimes with the waifu, I'll be back to full speed (at least for a little bit until I decide to leave again for some vacation in americaland)

Eard
May 14 2012, 12:32:53 AM
I'll be back in my proper timezone shortly. And after many sexytimes with the waifu, I'll be back to full speed (at least for a little bit until I decide to leave again for some vacation in americaland)

And then we finish ep 1 challenge mode?

Steph
May 14 2012, 06:24:29 AM
And then you log in amirite?

Hels
June 19 2012, 10:28:05 PM
Need more Aussie brosefs.

Myself included I think we are at 4 for the timezone. Couple more should get us the numbers needed to run sites with impunity, in our own timezone.

Currently still moving into the wormhole, so now is a perfect time to jump aboard and get on with the logistic trains that we are already running into the wormhole. I'm currently out of game, but cue and Steph should be able to sort you out well enough.

AmaNutin
June 24 2012, 09:13:22 PM
I haven't pvped much (or almost any) but can fly a T3 and have most of the things you want (in the Should be section). Plus, I'm great to listen to while drunk.

I love WH space, PI abuse, and then scouting people out so people who can do fleets better than me can kill them. Fuck nullsec as having static neighbors is no fun.

Hels
June 25 2012, 12:12:09 AM
Check out our fabulous website!

Seriously though, come say hi. PvP is easy enough to learn.

EntroX
June 30 2012, 02:50:25 AM
do you guys want a non-shit killboard?, i'll host it for free~

Hels
June 30 2012, 09:24:48 PM
Sure. :D

EntroX
June 30 2012, 11:25:39 PM
hit me on irc/TS and i'll sort you guys out~

Cue1*
July 1 2012, 03:39:12 AM
We have a killboard...

Steph
July 1 2012, 07:38:34 AM
We have a lossboard...

fyp

Lorkin Desal
July 1 2012, 09:40:18 PM
Either Me or EntroX want to have a chat with you guys. Lets make it happen :)

EntroX
July 3 2012, 12:20:03 AM

i told them about it~

Hels
July 3 2012, 12:24:26 AM
Tilde~

Cue1*
July 3 2012, 05:48:45 AM

I'll be on in EU TZ tomorrow err today, err whatever. EVE 03 July.

Hels
August 3 2012, 06:26:45 AM
So the day starts out as a regular day for us. We had a corp meeting to discuss industry and maybe joining/creating an alliance. One of our members derped and got killed a few days before so we opened the static and checked for pews and an exit. Static was a C2 with a C2 and lowsec static. Russian occupied, so we open the next C2. Tengu and Noctis on scan in an anom. I use my probing alt to point him and wait for everyone else to show up for the gank. Our dumbass dictor pilot bubbles before I can get out so down goes my point Helios. I'm actively bitching out our dictor pilot for getting me killed, when someone posts the loss and I see the loot. 3 CN BCUs and a CN SBA. Hehe, quite happy with that now, so I'm ok with loosing a Helios now. Especially since I kept my Sisters launcher. We were moving back home when I get a convo.
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:19 ] hanro > o/
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:22 ] Drakan290 > hi
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:27 ] Drakan290 > do you speak english
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:30 ] hanro > yup
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:36 ] Drakan290 > want a bunch of free shit
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:41 ] Drakan290 > im literally done paying for this game
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:49 ] hanro > i called for people to cut fire but missiles were already inroute.
[ 2012.08.01 03:34:50 ] Drakan290 > you already have this wormhole scanned
[ 2012.08.01 03:35:08 ] hanro > no, i just found you in a site.
[ 2012.08.01 03:35:22 ] hanro > but we'll take yoru stuff if you want to give it away.
[ 2012.08.01 03:35:42 ] Drakan290 > yeah im actually done playing this game
[ 2012.08.01 03:35:46 ] Drakan290 > i'm tired of not having any fun
[ 2012.08.01 03:36:12 ] Drakan290 > if you or your friends are still in this wh warp to last planet moon 1
[ 2012.08.01 03:36:19 ] Drakan290 > theres like 20 ships just outside chiling
[ 2012.08.01 03:36:24 ] Drakan290 > all fitted and shit
[ 2012.08.01 03:37:03 ] hanro > i'm sorry you aren't having any fun. i really do enjoy eve. if you're serious, i've got your POS BMd and will gladly take yoru stuff and put it to good use if you drop the shield.
[ 2012.08.01 03:38:01 ] Drakan290 > jetcan has 2000billion isk wortho f shit
[ 2012.08.01 03:38:06 ] Drakan290 > all yours
[ 2012.08.01 03:38:09 ] Drakan290 > shield off

TL;DR: He gave us all his stuff. Yes, he actually dropped the shield and warped away. We scrambled everyone to go grab ships. After 30 minutes of laughing while we moved ships around back to our home, we came up with a total. All said and done, 5 billion in mods, and around 4 billion in hulls alone. Rigs haven't been assessed yet, some stuff has T2 rigs and some stuff doesn't. All in all, we got quite a bit of shit.

Screenshot:
http://onebit.us/x/i/NtbPmeoGft.jpg
Missing from that shot is a Proteus and Tengu that we had already grabbed.

Boom, makin' shit happen everyday.

Still looking for Aussie Timezone bros. Med-High skill points desired for getting proper ship setups for making the Isks. Won't deny cool peeps though, cause was can just PvP instead of carebear.

Hit us up in game or here B)

EntroX
August 3 2012, 08:15:37 PM
quack'd