PDA

View Full Version : [PI] A quick and dirty robotics setup

Ranges
April 12 2011, 09:26:19 PM
Hey gents,

Since some folks in the in game channel asked about PI in 0.0, i'll share my old setup.

Required skills;
planetary consolidation IV
command center upgrades IV
remote sensing I
planetology & advanced planetology to taste (i have basic at IV, advanced at III)

Required real estate
A system with the following planet types;

4 Resource planets;
one volcano for non cs-crystals
one barren for noble metals
one of barren, gas, plasma, storm for base metals
one of ice, lava or plasma for toxic metals

1 factory planet
one temperate or barren for your many factories setup.

the setup of each resource planet looks like this
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1104/productionplanet.JPG

the production planet looks like this;
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1104/factyoryplanet.JPG

now the trick is as follows:
The production planet has plenty of spare grid for a long link to your extraction control unit, which can usually run 8 or 9 extractors.. This is the part that you can quickly and easily move around to keep production high.

The factory planet is most difficult to set up, but doenst have to be changed at all, so that's just a one off investment.

Ranges
April 12 2011, 09:41:38 PM
this may be relevant to some of you;

this setup has 4 factories building robotics around the clock.
that means about 8600 robotics per month.
at a price of 55k a piece, this could earn about 475m a month, and takes me about 5 minutes per day, excluding the hauling time for moving stuff to empire for sale.

Sponk
April 12 2011, 11:23:07 PM
My production planet has 2 silos, each with 8 P1->P2 factories (one silo for each type for convenience)
The P2-P3 factories draw one P2 from each silo.

It means I can fit about 12000 of each P1 into each silo, so I only have to fill it up every day or two (I stockpile extra P1 in the customs office).

And yeah, robotics is a decent choice but any P3 can be done this way - depends on what planets you have available.

teds
April 12 2011, 11:31:06 PM
i have/had a similar setup for an estimated asstonne of enriched uranium. i'll grab pic's whenever PL stop raping my system B(

after about a week, using 5 planets i sold maybe 130m @ 10% under jita. did take slightly more than five minutes per day though!

Wanten
April 13 2011, 10:41:28 AM
are robotics the most profitable PI products?

Sponk
April 13 2011, 11:35:50 AM
work it out for yourself (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ar_YTOcXpvb9dGFIdHJlb0VmYXBORWRrcXFkeHNjc Wc&hl=en_GB#gid=10).

TimMc
April 13 2011, 03:04:09 PM
Is this in lowsec? Income seems low if its null. (edit nvm I see you say null, just surprising income isn't much more)

I was doing mechanical parts in nullsec, earning 400mil total from 5 planets. Each had storage and self sustained, so only had to risk flying out to them once a month.

Gunni
April 13 2011, 07:32:52 PM
I am currently running 5 planets in lowsec making enriched uranium / mech parts / consumer electronis... getting about 200 mil / month
Would it be better to just gather robo materials on 4 planets and make robos on the 5th?
Needs some spreadsheeting.. :geek:

TimMc
April 14 2011, 01:05:20 PM
Yeah PI is the first thing I've ever made spreadsheets for in a videogame. I felt like a true dork.

Forever Calzone
April 17 2011, 05:28:33 PM
Anyone able to explain what's up with the product figure you get in the ECU products window? I don't quite understand why it's so inaccurate, it doesn't seem to try and compensate for a possible spike in cycle output to ensure you keep routing it all, it artificially increases the pressure on links and it just dicks you around for sorting routing between processors.

Another thing people might have an idea on is it best to do your survey and work out your number of processors based on the total output you'll get or on the average cycle you will get or do you base the number of processors on the max you can route per cycle?

There's a fair chance this is all me being retarded however.

Edit: Tried a test I routed 5000 to my launchpad and 3000 to a processor the max I could route was 8407 so this meant 407 was leftover. What actually happened was the launchpad received 1580 and the processor was filled BUT when I had set this I checked the output the ECU had stated this cycle which said 4430 so 150 units has appeared out of thin air. So is everything to do with PI an estimation? This all seems pretty fucking retarded to me.

Sponk
April 17 2011, 11:34:19 PM
Better skills -> more accurate scanning estimate.

I budget processors on average extracted per hour (6000/hr = 1 basic factory) because my spaceport will buffer any peaks and troughs.

Forever Calzone
April 18 2011, 12:29:31 AM
Better skills -> more accurate scanning estimate.

I budget processors on average extracted per hour (6000/hr = 1 basic factory) because my spaceport will buffer any peaks and troughs.

I've got planetology at 4/3 it was just that product figure that didnt make much sense.

Didn't realise the routing was good enough to account for any overflow didn't particularly trust CCP on that part.

Sponk
April 18 2011, 12:42:25 AM
prolly a bad idea to route anything directly to factories. Optimal route is:

/---------> factory (then back to spaceport)
/---------> factory
/---------> factory
ECU -> spaceport --------> factory
\---------> factory
\---------> factory
\---------> factory

(although I generally connect factories in a 2-deep chain clustered around my spaceport, which I CBA drawing in ascii)

teds
April 18 2011, 01:22:49 PM
because im bored heres a picture!
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc58/jpward1/piplant1.jpg

ok so 4 of these (4 comps > 2 comps > uranium) with as many pin things as possible

ed- theres actually two full extractors per planet, hence insane gloop counts

then all of those converge into;

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc58/jpward1/piplanet2.jpg

so top 2 spaceports have rings of factorys around them making the 2nd stages, which is then fed back into the spaceport and down to the third one (have to expidite for these iirc, nbd) and after much spreadsheeting that makes A LOT of stuff

pros; makes me log in
cons: have to log in daily because of no buffer and nullsec planets shit out an insane amount of PI gloop, and i have no storage on the planets

Sponk
April 18 2011, 10:48:10 PM
My setup is more like:

4 planets with 1 ECU, 1 Spaceport, 7-8 factories (depending on how far away the ECU is today)
1 planet with 2 silos (each half full with two types of P1) and something like 20 factories (8 of each on P1->P2, and everything else on P2-P3).

Occasionally, I have to stockpile some P2 I produce in the customs office; other times I CBA and just let the P3 factory chew them all up while I ride bikes.

Forever Calzone
April 21 2011, 01:55:40 AM
Anyone happen to know whether truesec makes any difference on PI? Heard some claims that WHs were considered better than 0.0 space because their truesec is counted as -.99.

Sponk
April 21 2011, 02:06:24 AM
Anyone happen to know whether truesec makes any difference on PI? Heard some claims that WHs were considered better than 0.0 space because their truesec is counted as -.99.
Yes, it makes a difference.

M'buku
May 6 2011, 07:38:23 PM
Can someone explain a quick noob guide for someone like me who just came back to eve after 3 years and is currently bumming around in emipre 0.5 space?
Like what gloop do you get in raw mats and what raw mats combine to make other shit? I looked at that speadsheet on google docs and was like :ohnoes:

Dogbeast
May 6 2011, 10:18:03 PM
Can someone explain a quick noob guide for someone like me who just came back to eve after 3 years and is currently bumming around in emipre 0.5 space?
Like what gloop do you get in raw mats and what raw mats combine to make other shit? I looked at that speadsheet on google docs and was like :ohnoes:

http://www.hst-soft.de/korai/Eve_PI_Diagrams_v1_4.pdf

Printer friendly version: http://www.hst-soft.de/korai/Eve_PI_Diagrams_v1_4_printer_version.pdf

I hope that helps.

M'buku
May 7 2011, 11:14:54 AM
Oh awsone that .pdf is exactly the thing I'm looking for. Thanks 8-)

Wrack
May 8 2011, 02:23:51 AM
I find that pdf kinda hard to use, maybe cause it's so f'ing big. I like this page better: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Planetary_Commodities