PDA

View Full Version : SHC MANBALL (bloodbowl) Thread

Pages : [1] 2

filingo
April 12 2011, 04:03:00 PM
blooooooooddd boooooowllll

whos down?

Okay.

We now have 6 confirmed teams signed up. In addition, Chadsexington has asked to be put down for a team. DerWish has also been onboard this project for a while, and although I haven't seen confirmation that you want your spot we'll reserve one for you for now. Furthermore, Lucifer Fellblade and Me have expressed interest in joining. This means that there should be enough interest for an 8-team league to get going.

:monocledowns: Thus, the FHC MANBOWL is born :monocledowns:

The rules are as follows:

- Teams joining should be fresh without any matches played. Their TV must be between 900 and 1000.

- Matches will be played on a "casual weekly" basis. What this means is that we will attempt forward the match day after a week but allow some slack if people can't get their matches played in time. After 9-10 days or so I will forward the match day even if matches are still unplayed, typically admining the result to 0-0.

- We play using tabletop rules, with a 4 minute turn limit. Normal inducements etc.

(If anyone have rules suggestions, feel free to post)

I've gone ahead and created the league ingame now.

The following posters have a reserved spot in the league:
Filingo : Chaos : Darkside Derplords
James Snowscoran : Dark Elf : Ponyville Piebakers
Kaianna : Norse : Beer Battered B'Stards
Kilabi : Necromantic: Twilight Sparklers
Fraxy : Wood Elf : Devils Discards
Zeppelins : Orcs : Merry Goodfellows FHC
Chadsexington : Undead : Zombies on the lawn
Lucifier Fellblade : Orcs : The felling blades

What I need y'all to do is
1. Create a new team ingame and post the name of said team here (if you haven't done so already)
2. Apply ingame for the SHC MANBOWL private league. To find it, go to the leagues tab, use the league finder function, and search for FHC. The password is "critical" (w/o the ").

Aaaaand the league has been kicked off! I accepted Lucifer's orcs because who cares about politically correct racial diversity tbh.

The following teams are playing:

http://i.imgur.com/r8MYc.png

And here's the match schedule:

http://i.imgur.com/d3mYa.jpg

We'll have a slightly relaxed first match day as it wasn't quite clear when we'd be kicking off and people might have to figure out timezone issues, but as a tentative goal I want to be able to forward the match day thursday morning next week. If people could post their current timezone relative to GMT in this thread I'll add it to this post (and filingo can add it all to the first page if needed). GMT is identical to EVE time and NOT identical to British summer time. To avoid confusion, using GMT when arranging matches is recommended. You can find the current GMT here. (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time/scripts/clock-8/runner.php)

A final note for those of you who haven't played a private league in BB:LE before. After a match, you won't be receiving any SPP, cash or points in the score tables until a league admin has accepted the match result- in other words, it can take a day or two if I'm lazy. When all the matches are played, an admin must also log in to forward the match day so the next set of matches are available to be played. I've asked filingo to be league commissioner along with me to speed up this process.

Zeppelin
April 12 2011, 04:11:48 PM
Is this thread about the BB:Legendary Edition, Fumbbl or the Tabletop game?

Because I play all three.

filingo
April 12 2011, 04:13:19 PM
ah fuck. all of them but a BB legendary league is what i was thinking.

James Snowscoran
April 12 2011, 04:14:53 PM
I'm down yo, a weekly/bi-weekly league would be great!

Lucifer Fellblade
April 12 2011, 04:17:06 PM
I'm interested.

Kilabi
April 12 2011, 04:25:59 PM
Weekly should be doable for me.

Eard
April 12 2011, 04:27:24 PM
I've debated purchasing this every time is goes on sale. How long does it take to learn? And it uses (roughly) American Football rules?

Lucifer Fellblade
April 12 2011, 04:28:24 PM
It's turn based and relies on dice rolls to do actions, if you fail an action your turn is over, it's based on American Football but it's not exactly accurate based on my limited knowledge.

Doesn't take long to learn though.

James Snowscoran
April 12 2011, 04:34:57 PM
It's based on American football in much the same way as WHFB is based on medieval warfare.

filingo
April 12 2011, 04:37:05 PM
its not mutant league football on the md/genesis tho

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/MutantFootball1.png

that owned

Kilabi
April 12 2011, 05:10:06 PM
It's based on American football in much the same way as WHFB is based on medieval warfare.

Perfect copy is what you are telling us?

wallace
April 12 2011, 05:11:23 PM
I haven't tried the new tutorial in the legendary edition, but I found the best way to learn the game was to read the tabletop living rulebook. The game's UI doesn't quite give you all the information you need sometimes.

http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/Rules.shtml

filingo
April 12 2011, 05:14:51 PM
without trolling too much

there are no set plays, no specific positions, play ends when the ball goes off field, touch down or end of half.

each half has 8 turns, 11 players on pitch from each team ( initally :P ). turn ends when you fail or have finished (usually fail)

you can attack anyone nearby, you can move anywhere, its pretty good fun

campaign where your players gain skills, take injuries, you hire more delicious cheerleaders etc.

CrzyLgs
April 12 2011, 05:42:13 PM
I tried this game because i have fond memories of watching my older brothers play it when i was a youngster...

Much raeg ensued as i tried to play a flowing, expansive, passing game... Apparently this does not work at all well until u've pimped your team out :/

Kilabi
April 12 2011, 05:51:52 PM
Does work with certain races. Forget it with low Ag teams tho. In that case you need to pimp.

Elves can make it work from the start. But you will get hurt a lot and if you do not have your keypostions doubled you have a problem if you rely on them. That´s why brawlers have it much easier. Especially in the long run. The players won´t get hurt that often because of the higher Armor and you are mostly the attacker and not the one getting tackled into the crowd by a charging minotaur.

CrzyLgs
April 12 2011, 05:58:33 PM
Yeahhh, I should maybe give it a go again sometime and pick a more noob friendly team rather than being such a stubborn twat :D

James Snowscoran
April 12 2011, 06:02:09 PM
It's probably more of a question of ambition. But find solace in the fact that while your starting elf team might fail their long passes now and then, brawler teams routinely struggle with picking up the ball.

Kilabi
April 12 2011, 06:10:55 PM
So true. And always when you need it least.

I play mostly gimp teams tho (which means i am a horrible player generally).

Like Norse and Skaven. Both not the best for campaign style playing because of the low armor on the key-players.
Also enjoyed the Elves for the faster gameplay and sometime Chaos. For a srsbsns league i would prolly play dorfs tho. High armor, block on everything, loads of guards after 1-2 matches and they make nice brawlers.

James Snowscoran
April 12 2011, 07:57:05 PM
Just rolled a Dark Elf team for the (as yet hypothetical) league. Ponyville Piebakers are ready to go!

filingo
April 12 2011, 09:06:14 PM
ive rolled a chaos team, the Darkside Derplords

Zeppelin
April 12 2011, 09:28:07 PM
Guess I'll have to reinstall the BBLE now. Probably rolling a dwarf team for an SHC league.

James Snowscoran
April 12 2011, 09:41:15 PM
Fuck dorfs, especially when played by experienced coaches :evil:

TurielD
April 12 2011, 09:49:56 PM
I just picked it up on sale - will join in! Just gotta pick a team...

filingo
April 12 2011, 10:23:55 PM
yeah roll another race unless you really really want to play dorfs. they are a bit OP imo

Lucifer Fellblade
April 12 2011, 10:53:02 PM
Not so much OP, more frustrating and boring as hell.

James Snowscoran
April 12 2011, 11:05:06 PM
I wouldn't go quite that far. Dwarves are a very strong team in the hands of a good coach and usually a headache to play against, but I don't think we should be putting down any team restrictions here tbh.

Zeppelin
April 12 2011, 11:27:54 PM
But I love dwarfs. So short, hairy and grumpy. Problem is that newbies tend to focus more on the brawling aspect of the game that dwarfs excel at - but I'll consider switching to humans or something if we get a few newbies and just play in order to teach people the game.

James Snowscoran
April 12 2011, 11:51:34 PM
Newbies will have to learn how to handle dwarf opponents sooner or later anyway. Stick to the dwarfs if you want tbh.

alpreb
April 13 2011, 02:15:24 AM
Do you need the Legandary Edition? I have the vanilla version lying on steam, will that be enough?

Ages ago I played this game.

Edit: I can see I actually remembered to snatch the Dark Elves too, so that's what I currently own.

filingo
April 14 2011, 09:08:54 AM
you need leg end ary version i think

and zepplin is playing dorfs!

DerWish
April 14 2011, 02:20:22 PM
I really don't understand...

On this page: http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php ... nfo&id=158 (http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=158) it is sold for 9.99€.
Anywhere I look it's 39.99€ since 2010... WTF?

Do you guys have a link if it's really sold for 9.99€?

Never mind... it was a weekend deal on Steam. Fuuuuu....

Kaianna
April 14 2011, 03:09:02 PM
I'm in, will play Orcs :D
Will make team up tonight.

James Snowscoran
April 14 2011, 03:31:26 PM
So...4 teams in so far?

James - Dark Elves
Kaianna - Orcs
Filingo - Chaos
Zeppelin - Dwarfs

I reckon we should have at least 6 people for a meaningful league.

Kaianna
April 14 2011, 03:32:39 PM
I love BB...won my last local league, which was a proud moment since it has 4-5 NAF ranked coaches \o/

Eard
April 15 2011, 03:54:46 AM
I really don't understand...

On this page: http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php ... nfo&id=158 (http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=158) it is sold for 9.99€.
Anywhere I look it's 39.99€ since 2010... WTF?

Do you guys have a link if it's really sold for 9.99€?

Never mind... it was a weekend deal on Steam. Fuuuuu....

Yeah, I missed the sale too, not paying full price. Have seen it pop up on same pretty frequently though

Kaianna
April 15 2011, 08:18:07 PM
Change of plan...will play Lizardmen if this happens :)

Kilabi
April 16 2011, 12:11:58 PM
I think i will go with my regular fail-norse or skaven again. I like teams which are good at nothing and have no armor. Makes for fun games. :P

Kilabi
April 16 2011, 07:02:31 PM
Team for horrible failing found.

Necromantic: Twilight Sparklers

filingo
April 17 2011, 10:40:49 AM
Team for horrible failing found.

Necromantic: Twilight Sparklers

nice! :emo:

DerWish
April 18 2011, 08:37:30 AM
I totally fail in this game. All weekends long I was trying to find a team I don't suck against easy AI in the campaign. Only with dwarfs I was able to win against the amazons. Deathrolla is freaking win, but I have to drop it after the first drive.

I go back to my corner and cry silently. (and read the tactics forums)

Kilabi
April 18 2011, 09:15:38 AM
What are you struggling with? I am sure some people here can give you some hints.

filingo
April 18 2011, 09:25:46 AM
the first few games are always difficult as you generally dont have reliable players yet

just try starting out with your players fairly deep back

i usually run with 3 on the front line, two deep back, two near the front in the wide zone and two further back in the wide zone. always try to keep a couple of players open for emergencies and well, shit happens with the dice rolls (goddamn chaos pickin up the ball)

Renox
April 18 2011, 11:03:14 AM
...Problem is that newbies tend to focus more on the brawling aspect of the game that dwarfs excel at...

I don't see why that's a problem. It's great fun beating the other team into submission and while dwarves are very good at it it's not too hard to leave them nothing but one or two players to punch a turn. As far as I am concerned the best (read most fun) dwarf tactic is beating up the opposite team in the first half, hopefully leaving them short-handed in the second half and then start scoring.

Kaianna
April 18 2011, 11:14:36 AM
Dwarves are the best at it IN A SHORT LEAGUE.
Something a lot of people don't realise, is that the longer a league goes on, the less powerful Dwarves get. Chaos teams especially tend to devour them wholesale once they have some block, claws and mighty blow floating around, and orcs tend to overtake them too.

Basically, once it's been going long enough for lots of people to have block/guard, Dwarves are suddenly much weaker.

Also, anyone using Dwarves needs to learn the "2-1 Grind" tactic (most veteran players will know what i'm talking about). I would tell you, but i'm not using them, so don't really want to :p

Zeppelin
April 18 2011, 11:21:23 AM
...Problem is that newbies tend to focus more on the brawling aspect of the game that dwarfs excel at...

I don't see why that's a problem. It's great fun beating the other team into submission and while dwarves are very good at it it's not too hard to leave them nothing but one or two players to punch a turn. As far as I am concerned the best (read most fun) dwarf tactic is beating up the opposite team in the first half, hopefully leaving them short-handed in the second half and then start scoring.

Oh, brawling is great fun. Don't get me wrong. It's just that Dwarfs are a rock solid brawling team and when played by an experienced coach, most newbies will be in for a world of pain. Just saying that in order to make the game a little more fun for the newbie there's plenty of other teams that are challenging or perhaps not as one sided as the dwarfs.

Either way, I'll be probably be rolling with my bearded bros assuming there's enough interest to actually start a league. I am a bit tempted to play humans though, mostly because I'm planning on putting a human team together for tabletop play.

DerWish
April 18 2011, 11:26:55 AM
As a dwarf I try to start as a receiver to fully utilize my deathroller. (Maybe I fail to understand the secret weapon rule.)
I usually try to start moving guys out of the pitch for good.. e.g. causing as much 'defender down' or 'both down' w block as I can ... with next turn a well assisted (1+3 assist) fault. Game is called Blood Bowl for a reason you see...

It seems I fail in tactics I could only come up with two tactics:
(i) If I'm the receiver, I go for a full attack mode. I try to create an opening in one of the side lines. I don't pass, throw or give the ball to teammates... starting dwarfs are too stupid for this kind of actions. Blockers hold of whoever they can I only go to action where I have at least two dice to roll and I select.

Nothing is more frustrating than a simple ball-handover to fail. My dear wife already suggested to delete the game as I rage too hard seeing something stupid... like failing 2+ than re-roll and fail again... and the runner 1 step before the line is knocked down, drops the ball which goes over the sideline and the nmy scores. :rage:

(ii) If I'm the kicker, i try to place my guys so the first-turn rushed dwarfs are falling back to teammates and the counter-attack drops the nmy spearhead.

Yesterday I tried with the Lizards. After the second turn till the 8th, the small guys were trying to grab the ball. It was hilarious... it was raining so only on 5+ they had a chance. I have missed it 10 times. (6 turn and 4 re-rolls) FFuuuuuuu

I tried so far:
Chaos, Dwarfs, Vampires, Necromantic, Norse, Lizard

Tonight:
Skaven, Orcs

Even as I fail I can see how the dwarfs are amazing. Trollslayers, Blockers, Runners, Deathrolla' (Rock'n'rolla) they have everything needed. Giving them tackle all around and it's quickly overpowered. (This is my IMHO after the first weekend full of BB and :rage:)

James Snowscoran
April 18 2011, 11:42:15 AM
Fouling has been nerfed in almost every version of Blood Bowl released. It's a very situational tactic these days and not really something a dwarf coach should base his tactics around.

If you feel like playing a practice game I'm sure one of use would be happy to take the time to do so. In any case I suggest you try PvP play now that you're familiar with basic concepts and the game's UI, cause the AI can't really teach you anything more.

Kilabi
April 18 2011, 11:49:23 AM
Try humans or orcs. They have designated positions for every action. Blitzers for tackling, catchers and throwers. Which means you will know what every single player has to do. I would be up for a game with added TS tomorrow or wednesday if you want.

Try to master one step after another:

-Try to understand what each player can do and do only that
-Try to understand how to play a single turn, safe actions first, risky stuff at the end if at all to not get turned over right away
-Try to understand when to advance and when to just stay and bash/prepare. You do not need to score as fast as possible but only once more than you opponent so sitting there and bashing the enemy and scoring on the last turn could be better than scoring right away and giving your opponent another chance to touchdown.

If you have those basics down the game gets even more funny.

filingo
April 18 2011, 11:56:57 AM
well if der wish wants to join in then we would have 6.

as hes the new guy he can pick whatever team he wants and if he wants dorfs then zepplein has to roll with someone else :p

(just so we have a spread of the races :D)

with 6 people we could play a little cup or something ? that would be.. 1,2,3 matches?

Kaianna
April 18 2011, 11:58:47 AM
I'm down with that :D

Calistai Huranu
April 18 2011, 12:22:58 PM
Gonna have to get me the legendary edition asap.

As kilabi's post above, go Human's or Orc's, as is the orc team doesn't even need black orc's in it to be made of win, and you at least then start with half decent FF, apoth, and Re-roll's.

Having been a stunty player, getting away from the "cage" and almost static playstyle you fall into with them is the best thing I ever did.

Dodging out of tackle zones, pushing it, and making that OMFG long pass to blitz action scoring desperately praying that nuffle doesn't screw you royally.. mastercard moment.

When you do the above with Orc's against wood elve's. The lamentation and outright rage displayed by the AG4 pansy coach, Priceless!

Kaianna
April 18 2011, 12:24:51 PM
If there's a Dwarf team, my Lizards are going to get so fucking owned :D

filingo
April 18 2011, 12:40:16 PM
you need to post team names and colours also.

i can already see the derplords having grudges against the piebakers and the sparklers.

edit : i could bring back The One Eyed Snake Charmers (amaZOMGs)

James Snowscoran
April 18 2011, 01:05:04 PM
I have this dire feeling the Piebakers and Sparklers will have identical player names :evil:

Kilabi
April 18 2011, 01:53:47 PM
Nope only modded the teamname.

FraXy
April 18 2011, 02:11:31 PM
Downloading BBLE and will join with a Wood Elf team. :companioncube:

To be continued.

Kaianna
April 18 2011, 02:26:08 PM
I'll post final team/team name when I get home tonight :)

FraXy
April 18 2011, 09:23:17 PM
Coach: FraXy
Devils Discards - Wood Elf

Kaianna
April 18 2011, 09:24:55 PM
Coach: Kaianna
Beer Battered B'Stards - Norse

James Snowscoran
April 18 2011, 10:41:44 PM
Fraxy makes #6 committed to the league!

filingo : Chaos : Darkside Derplords
Zeppelin : Dwarf(?) : ????????

What this means is that

1. We need final confirmation from Zeppelin on team and teamname (I'd say a Dwarf team is acceptable, but feel free to pick w/e)
2. If anyone else wants to join in they should announce it ASAP before we start off the league

Any thoughts on format here? League or cup, weekly or bi-weekly matches?

FraXy
April 18 2011, 10:49:37 PM
I'd prefer League format in either casual-weekly or bi-weekly match layout.

Need some grace period between matches so the rage can stop when i lose half my team each match. ^^

Zeppelin
April 18 2011, 11:36:58 PM
I'm downloading the game as I type this, but I'll also be off to bed in a few minutes. But yes, the plan is to make a Dwarf team - name to be decided on a whim tomorrow when I start creating it. So yeah, I'm up for a weekly/bi weekly league of whatever format.

Kilabi
April 19 2011, 12:27:05 AM
Weekly league. Cup will be over fast for the new players which should not be the target here.
In a league they can play a wide spectrum of opponents and see different tactics.

I will be online during most of the day tomorrow if someone wants to play a game. Need to get back into it myself. Did not play for a while now.

DerWish
April 19 2011, 08:31:33 AM
Official game is 5 workdays away for me, most probably only next week.

Finally I don't suck hard anymore... with dwarfs. Yeah, dwarf blockers with Block, Tackle and Guard are OP.
Yesterday I learned about the importance of positioning, strategic pushing and even the possibility of a pass game with dwarf runners.

I'm still only playing against AI. I have obliterated a 1.3k pont Skaven team and got a lucky win against Undead.

In the undead's last round my lone runner with the ball, 1 step away from TD, got tackled by a skeleton. Ball drops skeleton even retrieves it. The heroic Runner Blitz tackles the skeleton, gets the ball and scores TD with moving with a long run (2nd rolled extra movement - or however it is called) making it 0-1 to dwarfs... and the game ends.

I was like :cut: when this duel started, as I was the stupid one with the idea to collect extra SPP by full tackling and even fault killing mummies 7 assist in a fault is cheap. Than :ohnoes: I left a skeleton alone for 2 turns to reach my lone standing runner 1 step from TD.

Hahhh, this game gives more and more each day.

filingo
April 19 2011, 09:07:45 AM
der wish, just make up a dwarf team and join in. it sounds like you have got the basics down and blood bowls more about a laugh than owning everything :)

Kilabi
April 19 2011, 09:25:46 AM
MAH OWNING BACKBONE

Think i should play some training games with necros now.

Zeppelin
April 20 2011, 09:02:52 AM
If DerWish wants Dwarfs, I'll just make another team. Duplicates in a small league is dull.

Just to clarify though, we're starting this league with fresh teams, or are we supposed to train them up to a certain teamvalue?

filingo
April 20 2011, 09:39:00 AM
http://thepilver.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/freshprince.jpg

Kilabi
April 20 2011, 05:22:02 PM
And for the love of god go for a fan-rating above 6 or even 8.
Personally i never start below 9 because it just makes no sense if you plan to keep the team.

Kaianna
April 20 2011, 05:31:33 PM
Personally i never start below 9 because it just makes no sense if you plan to keep the team.

Er...why? it hasn't affected your winnings for years....

Kilabi
April 20 2011, 07:57:22 PM

Er...why? it hasn't affected your winnings for years....

Iirc FAME still determines how much you get per game. And FAME get´s generated from how many of your fans showed up and this in turn comes from your fanfactor. What am i missing here?

Did not play for a while in leagues so just point me to the new rules please.

EDIT:
Okay, found it. It is now D6+FAME x 10k. FAME is 0 if equal number of fans, 1 if you got more than the enemy team and +2 if double the fans. So it still effects the winnings but not so much like before.

Kaianna
April 20 2011, 08:12:46 PM
Yeah, it's alright now, but nowhere near as good as before. Definitely not as good as say another re-roll when you start the team tbh. Assuming a team with 60k(at team start) re-rolls, that means they cost 120k after you start,so at +10k per game you're looking at 12 games to break even, and meanwhile your fan factor would go up on it's own anyway.

Kilabi
April 20 2011, 08:55:14 PM
Yeah or i could get my werwolf from the start. :P

Kaianna
April 20 2011, 08:57:33 PM
Exactly, definitely a better use :D

James Snowscoran
April 20 2011, 09:14:52 PM
No team that comes to mind that will really benefit from buying much FF at start. It evens out over time anyway as it becomes easier to lose and harder to gain FF the higher it is.

FraXy
April 20 2011, 09:42:42 PM
So do we have any estimation until start-up?

James Snowscoran
April 20 2011, 10:31:48 PM
So do we have any estimation until start-up?
We have 5 confirmed teams signed up so far, + Zeppelin and Derwish who haven't committed to a team yet (DO IT NOW, DWARF OR NOT). That means we ideally need another player for a league of 8 teams- I'd suggest this as the upper limit as it's harder to finish a long season with everyone remaining on board. If we end up with 7 players, it means we'll need a shadow team and every week there will be one player without a match.

I'd suggest that we give 3 days for any other participants- that is, until the end of saturday. Then, if we have 6 teams signed up there's a 6-team league, 7 or 8 and there's an 8 team league. Filingo can create the league on sunday and signups will commence, with matches starting perhaps wednesday next week if everyone's signed up by then.

FraXy
April 20 2011, 11:37:22 PM
Appreciate that summary mate.

Will have to start making preparations for first Match Day then. =)

Me
April 21 2011, 12:31:50 AM
Tempted to join in with a High Elf team but my AU timezone would probably make it a pain to organise times.

Zeppelin
April 21 2011, 10:37:34 AM
Well, DerWish was talking about playing Dwarfs, so I'll go with Orcs so we don't get any doubles.

User: Zeppelins - Team: Merry Goodfellows FHC

filingo
April 21 2011, 11:08:24 AM
orcs sound cool, will edit the op when I'm not on my phone.

Me, au timezone should be doable but its up to you. don't really want to let things stall longer than they have to so it might not be a good idea.

Does that give us 6 or 7 teams? We need an even number right?

FraXy
April 21 2011, 11:41:41 AM
With Zeppelin confirmed we're at 6 teams and Derwish makes 7 (when he confirms).

James Snowscoran
April 21 2011, 11:49:30 AM
If we don't get an even number we need to either kick one player or play with a shadow team, a team made by someone else just to fill the slots but that never plays its matches and has them all admined to draws.

filingo
April 21 2011, 11:57:45 AM
the phbb : critical failures ? 8-)

chadsexington
April 21 2011, 09:54:24 PM
Ive never heard of this game, but it intrigues me. I'll check it out tonight - which timezone is this dealy going on in and what day of the week?

Kilabi
April 21 2011, 10:09:15 PM
Depends on the players. It is not a fixed time. You just have to finish the game in the week you are scheduled iirc.

I think you may even play one round ahead. But it has been a while since i played online. (month after release i think :P )

chadsexington
April 21 2011, 10:14:49 PM
Well put me down as a possibility. I've never played, have no clue what it is other than what I can find online with my work-censored internet, have no clue as to what choices I have or their repercussions, but I'll probably buy it.

Unfortunately I noticed that it was on sale a few weeks ago and is not now. :(

Also is everyone else doing this in EU / AU timezones? Would I be the only NA guy?

EDIT: well, i bought it. In other news, steam remembers your credit cards so there's no extra hassle of pushing 'confirm'

filingo
April 22 2011, 12:47:28 AM
NA is fine, you just have to figure out a time during the week with your opponent

AND NICE RACK AVATAR GIRL

chadsexington
April 22 2011, 02:22:43 AM
Ok, so I played my first match. My score going in was 860 or so and my opponent was 1350 or so. It seemed I couldnt even pick the ball up right. Regardless of what I did my opponent kicked the shit out of me. I lost like 7-0 or something.

So... tips?

EDIT : Anyway, put me down for a team, though I dont have a race or name yet. I'll pick something when we're getting going.

Lucifer Fellblade
April 22 2011, 04:26:08 AM
This have 8 people playing in it yet? If not I guess I might find time for one game every so often. No idea what team, probably one of the simple Orc/Chaos/Human teams.

James Snowscoran
April 22 2011, 08:18:53 AM
Okay.

We now have 6 confirmed teams signed up. In addition, Chadsexington has asked to be put down for a team. DerWish has also been onboard this project for a while, and although I haven't seen confirmation that you want your spot we'll reserve one for you for now. Furthermore, Lucifer Fellblade and Me have expressed interest in joining. This means that there should be enough interest for an 8-team league to get going.

:monocledowns: Thus, the FHC MANBOWL is born :monocledowns:

The rules are as follows:

- Teams joining should be fresh without any matches played. Their TV must be between 900 and 1000.

- Matches will be played on a "casual weekly" basis. What this means is that we will attempt forward the match day after a week but allow some slack if people can't get their matches played in time. After 9-10 days or so I will forward the match day even if matches are still unplayed, typically admining the result to 0-0.

- We play using tabletop rules, with a 4 minute turn limit. Normal inducements etc.

(If anyone have rules suggestions, feel free to post)

I've gone ahead and created the league ingame now.

The following posters have a reserved spot in the league:
Filingo : Chaos : Darkside Derplords
Zeppelins : Orcs : Merry Goodfellows FHC
Chadsexington : ??? : ???
DerWish : ??? : ???

What I need y'all to do is
1. Create a new team ingame and post the name of said team here (if you haven't done so already)
2. Apply ingame for the SHC MANBOWL private league. To find it, go to the leagues tab, use the league finder function, and search for FHC. The password is "critical" (w/o the ").

If for some reason you don't want your spot, please post about it so we can give someone else the go-ahead to apply. I'm leaving for easter holiday in a few hours, but will return on sunday or monday to accept applications.

The following posters have also expressed interest in playing:
Lucifer Fellblade
TurielD
Me

If any of you (or anyone else, for that matter) want priority for the waiting list (in case someone with a reserved spot doesn't want it), please go ahead and create a team and post about it here.

James Snowscoran
April 22 2011, 08:32:28 AM
By the way: Anyone that doesn't have much experience with the game (chad/DerWish afaik) might want to ask for a little advice when creating your teams. Once the league is underway there can be no rerolling so make sure you get your team right. Ask here or look on the cyanide forums (http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=383) to find cookie cutter setups for your team of choice.

James Snowscoran
April 22 2011, 10:33:36 AM
Kaianna accepted, and I'm off.

chadsexington
April 22 2011, 04:52:05 PM
Undead : Zombies on Your Lawn

EDIT : Apparently teamnames have to be unique? WTF is this shit? Ok, I have to come up with another name, but I'm still playing undead. Will determine later.

Lucifer Fellblade
April 22 2011, 07:09:19 PM
Created team:

Orcs: The Felling Blades

Ready for when there's a spot, haven't applied yet.

James Snowscoran
April 24 2011, 07:56:24 PM
Fraxy, Kilabi, Chadsexington and Zeppelins accepted. Applications from Filingo and DerWish still not in. Application from The Felling Blades coached by Lucifer Fellblade received and noted. Unless DerWish confirms interest in participating quite soon I'm going to give his spot to Lucifer.

e: Just noted DerWish hasn't been on the forums since april 19th. We'll have to wait a bit to give him time to get back from easter holiday I suppose.

filingo
April 25 2011, 09:51:23 AM
applied

filingo
April 25 2011, 09:52:19 AM
we dont want to have two orc teams do we?

James Snowscoran
April 25 2011, 10:29:34 AM
Can't really say it bothers me that much tbh, we've got excellent diversity as it is. But if people here prefer 8 teams of 8 different races that's fine too.

filingo
April 25 2011, 10:39:42 AM
yeah w/e v0v

Lucifer Fellblade
April 25 2011, 04:42:38 PM
I can easily switch to something else. (if i get in)

Kalil
April 26 2011, 08:11:42 AM
Played about 8 games of this so far, all bar one with a Human team using a cookie cutter setup geared towards developing a passing game with lots of stompy fouls along the way. Current win ration is 3-2 against the AI. Team is at about 1200TV but have a lot to learn.

Would be up for joining but am waiting to hear about being deployed (not army) to an area without regular internet access so won't commit, also currently GMT+7 which would also complicate things. That said if there is someone in a similar timezone with a similar level of competence (or not, whatever) then send me a PM.

Sorry for your shitting up your thread but to be on topic Im hoping for AARs and will follow avidly as internet access allows. Also needs more Gutter Runners to be stomped on by dorfs.

James Snowscoran
April 26 2011, 09:55:31 AM
Well, the more diversity the better as far as I'm concerned. If it doesn't bother you go ahead and make a new team Lucifer, I'll accept it into the league tonight unless I hear from DerWish first. But he hasn't been on the forums for a week now and I'm anxious to kick this off.

Kilabi
April 26 2011, 10:22:24 AM
Yay bloodbowl. I see me loosing this already. But i love my Necromantic teams.

DerWish
April 26 2011, 11:36:43 AM
Sorry m8s,

Biz travel kicked my RL plans.
Forums are still a go from company laptop, but Manbowl is a heavy no-no. (No, I won't travel with two laptops.)

I would be able to join only mid-May with my Dwarf team: Chainfist Harassment

I have a 3/2 W/L rate against AI with my base team, but would gladly create a new one for you guys.

Btw, I hate pointy ears... they really make me look stupid.

James Snowscoran
April 26 2011, 12:13:32 PM
No worries, good to hear from you and we'll get you a spot in season 2 :)

James Snowscoran
April 26 2011, 12:46:34 PM
Aaaaand the league has been kicked off! I accepted Lucifer's orcs because who cares about politically correct racial diversity tbh.

The following teams are playing:

http://i.imgur.com/r8MYc.png

And here's the match schedule:

http://i.imgur.com/d3mYa.jpg

We'll have a slightly relaxed first match day as it wasn't quite clear when we'd be kicking off and people might have to figure out timezone issues, but as a tentative goal I want to be able to forward the match day thursday morning next week. If people could post their current timezone relative to GMT in this thread I'll add it to this post (and filingo can add it all to the first page if needed). GMT is identical to EVE time and NOT identical to British summer time. To avoid confusion, using GMT when arranging matches is recommended. You can find the current GMT here. (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time/scripts/clock-8/runner.php)

e: apparently this is still too hard for some people. British Standard Time =/= GMT. If you're in Britain, you're most likely on GMT+1 for the duration of the league. Most other Western European countries will be on GMT+2. What I and the other coaches are interested in is the actual difference between your local time and GMT- not what timezone you're theoretically in. If in doubt, check the damn link and compare it to your wristwatch or cellphone

A final note for those of you who haven't played a private league in BB:LE before. After a match, you won't be receiving any SPP, cash or points in the score tables until a league admin has accepted the match result- in other words, it can take a day or two if I'm lazy. When all the matches are played, an admin must also log in to forward the match day so the next set of matches are available to be played. I've asked filingo to be league commissioner along with me to speed up this process.

James Snowscoran - GMT+2
Chadsexington - GMT-5
Fraxy - GMT+2
Kaianna - GMT+1
Lucifer - GMT+1
Zeppelin - GMT+2
Filingo - GMT+1

Kilabi
April 26 2011, 03:37:05 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FHCmanbowl

Group for easier organizing of games. And perhaps to get some games going for newcomers.

Searching for logos and so on if someone has a nice idea.

chadsexington
April 26 2011, 05:24:04 PM
GMT-5 here

Zeppelin
April 26 2011, 09:39:50 PM
GMT+1, but :summertime:

I'm not an active Steam user, so you'll probably find it easier to contact me through FHC private messaging or even an eve mail if you're still subbed. Or just through this thread. I'm usually here at least once a day.

Also won't start my new job until the 30th of May, so I have no problem sitting up late if timezones are a problem. Kaianna, feel free to suggest a time when you're able to play, unemployed bums like me have plenty of free time so I should be able to match it.

James Snowscoran
April 26 2011, 09:41:29 PM
GMT+1, but :summertime:
So for all intents and purposes you are GMT+2 for the duration of the league?

Zeppelin
April 26 2011, 09:47:57 PM
Yeah, would probably have been better if I had just said that - but I can't go around on the internet having people think I'm a dirty eastern commie now can I? :)

FraXy
April 26 2011, 10:14:38 PM
GMT+2

Go go Norwegian Wood Elf Viking Berserkers!

Kaianna
April 26 2011, 10:26:54 PM
GMT +1 here. Zeppelins, you're my first game...any time specifically good for you? I'm free evenings, or friday/monday during the day this week.

Lucifer Fellblade
April 26 2011, 10:31:33 PM
I'm GMT.

Zeppelin
April 26 2011, 10:49:05 PM
GMT +1 here. Zeppelins, you're my first game...any time specifically good for you? I'm free evenings, or friday/monday during the day this week.

As I said earlier, I'm unemployed until the 30th of May, so I'm free almost every day, but... how about Monday at 1800 GMT then?

James Snowscoran
April 26 2011, 10:50:06 PM
I'm GMT.
If you're in Britain, you're probably on GMT+1 until october or something.

I'm just going to repeat my advice that match times be scheduled in GMT (instead of "my time" or "your time") to avoid TZ confusion.

Lucifer Fellblade
April 26 2011, 10:50:56 PM
Bah, same shit. :P

James Snowscoran
April 26 2011, 10:55:57 PM
Fraxy, would tomorrow or thursday evening work out? Somewhere between 17 and 20 GMT?

Kaianna
April 27 2011, 06:49:22 AM

As I said earlier, I'm unemployed until the 30th of May, so I'm free almost every day, but... how about Monday at 1800 GMT then?

Cool, monday 1800 it is :D

FraXy
April 27 2011, 10:50:08 PM
Fraxy, would tomorrow or thursday evening work out? Somewhere between 17 and 20 GMT?

As it is past 20 gmt "tomorrow" now, Thursday would be preferable. ;)

Shall we say 1700 GMT tomorrow (Thursday 28.) for kick-off?

James Snowscoran
April 28 2011, 07:49:37 AM
Sounds like a plan.

Filingo, Chad, Kilabi, Lucy, have you guys organized your matches yet?

filingo
April 28 2011, 08:24:31 AM
not yet, chad do you want to pm me?

im gmt+1 and can do any evening as long as im told in advance

Kilabi
April 28 2011, 08:29:22 AM
Sounds like a plan.

Filingo, Chad, Kilabi, Lucy, have you guys organized your matches yet?

We are in contact. Just waiting for an evening when we are both there. Perhaps today but we will finish it on the weekend.

James Snowscoran
April 28 2011, 06:03:35 PM
in ur game, waiting for ur fraxy

Lucifer Fellblade
April 28 2011, 06:46:23 PM
We are in contact. Just waiting for an evening when we are both there. Perhaps today but we will finish it on the weekend.

On that topic I should be available for tonight if we can catch each other not playing other games and being AFK this time.

Kilabi
April 28 2011, 07:03:22 PM

On that topic I should be available for tonight if we can catch each other not playing other games and being AFK this time.

Just shout on steam when ready. Especially when i am playing toooooooooonks as i am only grinding my hummel and can use a brake from that. :P

Lucifer Fellblade
April 28 2011, 08:02:36 PM
My steam sucks or something and I can't message you, so just send me a message when you can.

Kilabi
April 28 2011, 08:11:55 PM
Just did. If that does not work i guess more PMing. :P

James Snowscoran
April 28 2011, 08:39:16 PM
Ponyville Piebakers VS Devils Discards ended up 2-1 to the Piebakers. May or may not write up a match report.

Lucifer Fellblade
April 28 2011, 08:52:27 PM
Playing right now, got a feeling I'm gonna lose. :(

Lucifer Fellblade
April 28 2011, 08:58:50 PM
Welp Kilabi disconnects, I guess you can not accept the result and we can play again?

James Snowscoran
April 28 2011, 09:07:47 PM
I'm on it, will have it done in a minute

e: reset

Maybe I should just make everyone league admins so you can reset your own matches and play again immediately if one party disconnects? Assuming ofc that people will not be tards and abuse this

Kaianna
April 28 2011, 09:20:43 PM
I think we're pretty safe doing that, I doubt it'll get abused with this small group.

Lucifer Fellblade
April 29 2011, 04:53:04 PM
Ready when you are to play again Kilabi, throw me a message on steam.

filingo
April 30 2011, 05:41:08 PM
DERPLORDS VERSUS THE LAAAAAAAAWN

Kilabi
April 30 2011, 06:03:13 PM
James, Lucifer and my game is done. Can confirm i guess. We did not find the button if you give us the right already. :P

filingo
April 30 2011, 06:45:59 PM
PICK UP THE BALL YOU MORONS /o\

chadsexington
April 30 2011, 07:01:06 PM
Darkside Derplords > Zombies on Your Lawn 1-0

The skies were angry match day, my friend, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli. A collection of blood bowl players assembled on the pitch: the barely undead, maggots and flies falling from their multiple gaping orifices and previously fatal wounds, and the mutations of a mad scientists wet dreams, horns glistening from the dewy insides of past foes.

Neither team were well versed in the art of blood bowl, with few players on either side knowing how to recognize the ball and what to do with it. Nevertheless, after much coaching from the Derplords coach, a kickoff was made. An early push was attempted by the ghouls and ghosties, forming a protective circle around the ball carrier. This was deflected easily as goatmen smashed through the early guard with much glee.

Three undead players lost their footing and were pushed out of bounds into the sidelines, overcome by rabid fans consumed with bloodlust. The chaos team recovered the ball and charged downfield a few turns into the first half, their opponents decimated, their numbers reduced by more than half.

A lone ghoul was left, nearly unconscious at the sidelines. Upon waking, he charges straight into the midst of the chaos army, heroically smashing the ballcarrier off balance. Unfortunately, it was too much for one pour ghoul to sustain, as he himself was severely injured in the attempt.

There was nothing stopping the mad goat army from a touchdown save for one thing : The Ball. It proved too much for the goats, as they were unable to pick it up until the halftime buzzer rang.

Both teams retired to the side with a 0-0 score at the half.

The undead kick off the ball to a surging chaos team, fresh from the break. Both teams are spread rather thin across the pitch, suffering from losses on each side. A lone mummy stands defiant at centre, his partner recovering from a severe concussion on the sidelines. A nagging injury that will persist for many future games.

The Derplords' Coach must have spent most of their halftime explaining what the ball was, as the goatmen now have no problem picking it up. Quickly surrounded with protection, the goatsphere of death moves downfield, smashing their way through skeletons and zombies alike. A poor goat is left behind the pack, and in a rush to catchup, had his twiglike neck snapped by a nearby wight.

The goats continue to push towards the goal, but this time there is no heroic ghoul nearby to stop their charge.

Derplords 1 - Zombies 0.

The final few turns play out with each team trying to inflict as much damage on the other before the time winds down to zero. Neither team succeeds, and the buzzer sounds as a zombie is ejected from the match for fouling a downed opponent.

filingo
April 30 2011, 07:05:08 PM
Goatmans : "But the balls is so deliciouses coaches that we want to eats it"
Coach : "NO YOU MORANS BALLS IS NOT FOODS STOP PUTTING FACES ON BALLS"
Goatmans : "No faceballs?"
Coach : "USE HANDSES ON BALLS GOATSES"
Goatmen : "Is delicious"

James Snowscoran
April 30 2011, 07:54:48 PM
Right, nice going with the matches guys. I've validated the ones played by now and will give you all admin rights in a minute.

Tutorial to admining BB:LE

1. Select the FHC league and click manage league.
[spoiler:ipw5gc93]http://i.imgur.com/O2n7t.jpg[/spoiler:ipw5gc93]

2. To validate a match, select the match and click on the validate match button. Don't use the little die symbol outlined in green, that's for fiddling with matches if something went wrong.
[spoiler:ipw5gc93]http://i.imgur.com/SDQO7.jpg[/spoiler:ipw5gc93]

3. If you need to reset the match (for example if someone disconnects), click on the little die symbol outlined in green, then select reset match. The match will be available to be replayed.
[spoiler:ipw5gc93]http://i.imgur.com/GJoT7.jpg[/spoiler:ipw5gc93]

Don't reset or validate matches unless both parties agree and don't dick around changing scores or anything. All you really get the admin rights for is to validate and reset matches. Don't use it for anything else. If there's any disagreements or drama, bring it to the forums. Keep in mind that both validating and resetting matches are irrevocable actions, so if in doubt just post on the forum.

e: admin rights have been distributed. As soon as the last match is played, we'll forward the match day- AFAIK it's scheduled for monday.

Kilabi
April 30 2011, 08:04:20 PM
Please for the love of god make the circle around the dice red or cross it out. People read over "not" too easy and will just press the thing marked green in the picture. :P

James Snowscoran
April 30 2011, 08:08:45 PM
Please for fuck´s sake make the circle around the dice red or cross it out. People read over "not" too easy and will just press the thing marked green in the picture. :P
CBA editing the screenie but added some colour to my post instead.

Kilabi
April 30 2011, 08:09:33 PM
Please for fuck´s sake make the circle around the dice red or cross it out. People read over "not" too easy and will just press the thing marked green in the picture. :P
CBA editing the screenie but added some colour to my post instead.

I do not trust people. :razor:

erichkknaar
April 30 2011, 08:59:01 PM
Derped on this due to RL, but count me into the next season.

Lucifer Fellblade
April 30 2011, 10:34:23 PM
James, Lucifer and my game is done. Can confirm i guess. We did not find the button if you give us the right already. :P

The undead ran roughshod over the green coloured elves, ended with me having 4 players on the pitch at at the final turn.

rojomojo915
May 1 2011, 11:25:39 PM
Just bought the legendary edition and am downloading now

chadsexington
May 2 2011, 01:54:26 AM
Is there any way to set this up so that you can have your dudes start at a level > 1? Without grinding them yourself?

Carlo Curiosus
May 2 2011, 05:02:21 AM
iirc, you can edit single player teams ingame (under Customise).

James Snowscoran
May 2 2011, 07:37:24 AM
Is there any way to set this up so that you can have your dudes start at a level > 1? Without grinding them yourself?
http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4281

For multiplayer teams, you need a friend to challenge you with a scrublord team and then abandon, which will give you SPP for 2 touchdowns and 2 MVP (16 SPP in all). This only really works in leagues where direct challenges are allowed, iirc the only public one that still allows it is Auld World. Doing so is also mostly considered cheating.

Finally there is an ingame option when creating leagues to allow coaches to buy experienced players, ie ones that already have enough SPP for a level. But this isn't part of the BB tabletop rules and the teams aren't balanced for it at all, so not a lot of people use this option.

Zeppelin
May 2 2011, 05:59:58 PM
One hour till the brave Orcs of the Merry Goodfellows FHC are to face off against Kaianna's Norse.

I do not see Kaianna online on steam at the moment, which has me slightly worried, but then again, it's an hour left.

Kaianna
May 2 2011, 06:59:51 PM
Online now and ready to roll :D

Zeppelin
May 2 2011, 07:00:57 PM
Oh, awesome. I'll boot up my client then. Been ages since I actually played using it. :P

chadsexington
May 2 2011, 07:02:30 PM
Oh, awesome. I'll boot up my client then. Been ages since I actually played using it. :P

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I hope several of your dirty orc's lose their heads on the pitch. My wounds still sting and I would love nothing more than a completely bloody route of your green skinned monstrosities next week.

Zeppelin
May 2 2011, 07:56:30 PM
Posting comments as the game progresses.

Orcs Kick off. Throw rock knocks out a viking.

Both teams are terrible at blocking turn one. Two turnovers.

Norse turnover at pickup. Orcs toss send a norse runner of the pitch and into the apothecary's office. Another norse gets knocked out and the orcs have now two players marking the ball.

Norsemen fail a dodge when trying a hero rescue. Orcs knock them down and are about to score when the werewolf hurts a lineorc quite dead.

Orcs counter by knocking out two more norsemen. TOUCHDOWN ORCS. \o/

Orcs kicking again, sweltering heat kicks in and knocks a few players out. The pitch is looking rather empty. Orcs roll a perfect defence and the northmen end up with no good blocks to throw. Another turnover. :/

Northmen taking a beating. Another KO and another CAS most of them on the ground, followed by a second failed pickup.

Another KO'd northman. There's four of them left on the pitch now, all of them on the ground.

Another touchdown for the Orcs in turn 8.

HALFTIME

Orcs receiving. 5 Norse vs 9 orcs on the pitch. One out of 5 KO'd norse players wake up... Perfect defence for the norse this time. Not much they can do with so few players. Another one gets knocked out. Orcs attempt a pass for lulz and it fails.

Norse retaliate with a badly hurt on a black orc, then turnover.

Orcs pick up the ball once more, advance. Another turn of bullying the remaining norse, then 3-0.

Whole bunch of norsemen wake up for the 4th drive. 8 norse vs 9 orcs now.

Norse pound the orc lines, but the orcs retaliate, but fall on a going for it roll to mark the ballcarrier.

Norse push through the orc lines, but the fallen orcs are quickly on their feet to mark the carrier who's then downed by a blitz. The ball is now lying amongst the orcs. The rest of the game is a textbook example of rookie teams. Everyone fails at everything and a few turnovers later the game is over.

WHAAAAAAGH. 3-0 To the Merry Goodfellows FHC!

EDIT: Dice where in favor of the Orcs for most of the game I think, the Kaianna never had much chance stopping the Orcs due to being pinned down by superior numbers and strenght due to all those knockouts. The norse fought well and kept high spirits throughout the game though, so it was quite enjoyable nontheless, despite the nonsidedness of it. They never gave up though and kept fighting it out. Props for the attempted 3-1 there in the end. Shame it didn't work. ;)

Kaianna
May 2 2011, 07:58:44 PM
Well, I got raped. I will put some blame on the dice (EPIC FAIL), but still....owned.
I killed an Orc though, so moral victory!

Also: As stated before the game, I fucking hate facing Orcs :D

Kaianna
May 2 2011, 08:02:55 PM
Nm, derp moment, wasn't validated :D

James Snowscoran
May 2 2011, 08:10:01 PM
Nice going chaps, match day has been forwarded to day 2 so a new set of matches are ready to be played. Once again I'm aiming to be able to forward the match day next thursday morning at the latest; if any of you can't get your matches scheduled in time please let me know.

Zeppelin
May 2 2011, 08:27:23 PM
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I hope several of your dirty orc's lose their heads on the pitch. My wounds still sting and I would love nothing more than a completely bloody route of your green skinned monstrosities next week.

So you're the one who jinxed my lineorc to his doom! Vengeance will be had at er... Monday 18:00 UTC?

chadsexington
May 2 2011, 08:31:08 PM
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I hope several of your dirty orc's lose their heads on the pitch. My wounds still sting and I would love nothing more than a completely bloody rout of your green skinned monstrosities next week.

So you're the one who jinxed my lineorc to his doom! Vengeance will be had at er... Monday 18:00 UTC?

You're going to have problems with me, mate - i'm the bastard who's GMT-5. I also have a day job and a wife/son combination so I'm not available until fairly late in the evening - say 2300-2400GMT. If you're not a night owl the best time to get me would be on a saturday/sunday, as I'll be up early afternoon your time.

filingo
May 2 2011, 08:51:23 PM
james, accept my add on steam and just grab me at some point

Zeppelin
May 2 2011, 09:04:09 PM
You're going to have problems with me, mate - i'm the bastard who's GMT-5. I also have a day job and a wife/son combination so I'm not available until fairly late in the evening - say 2300-2400GMT. If you're not a night owl the best time to get me would be on a saturday/sunday, as I'll be up early afternoon your time.

Ah. Shit.

I managed to land myself a job that lasts until my next one starts, so the whole unemployed thing and having lots of time for games is well... not gonna work. Games that late in the evening are more or less impossible for me, having to get up at 06:00(gmt+2), so I guess it'll have to be during the weekend.

Sunday would be the best for me as I'll probably be at home doing nothing useful for most of the day, but Friday/Saturday evening my time should work aswell. I'll let you pick a time - I'm fairly adaptable.

filingo
May 2 2011, 11:04:27 PM
USELESS FUCKING GOATS

BALL IS NOT FOOD

/o\

hurr

pretty lol game, james won 2-0 with 5 or 6 players left on the pitch. last roll of the game was a goat falling over with the ball in his endzone.

James Snowscoran
May 3 2011, 07:51:09 AM
endzone gfi fail, best fail

Kilabi
May 3 2011, 07:57:48 AM
I had a gutterrunner with around 30 SPP die on that once. Was in fumbbl so it really hurt. :(

Kaianna
May 4 2011, 07:25:14 AM
Lucifer, what times are best for you?

Lucifer Fellblade
May 4 2011, 08:15:03 AM
Any evenings GMT+1 should be fine other than today, it's my last deadline hand in in an hour and I'm probably gonna be getting wrecked.

Kaianna
May 4 2011, 10:57:03 AM
Cool, i'm good any evening GMT +1 as well, so how about thursday 1900 our time (1800 GMT)?

Lucifer Fellblade
May 4 2011, 11:35:02 AM
Should be good.

Kilabi
May 4 2011, 12:41:40 PM
Just had my first game with a new undead team in naggaroth league.

Of course i get another undead team to play against. :/

Any i have to kick off and he starts his first turn with inflicting 3 stuns on my team (1 even a KO saved by thick skulled skeletons). I revenge my fallen comrades by getting 1 stun and it already looks like he is going to score fast. 2 turn later and i managed to cas´ 2 of his including a ghoul and broke his fast advance near the side out but he has his mummy there and mine are bound in the middle. Looks like he will score now. He tries to dodge the ballcarrying ghoul out and fails even with the reroll. I manage to pick up the ball and he concedes. :(

While i got cheated out of a game i still got the 2 MVPs and 140k in winnings. Good start.

chadsexington
May 5 2011, 04:45:20 PM
Zepp - hows friday night for you? If not that, howabout sat or sun afternoon?

Zeppelin
May 5 2011, 04:54:26 PM
Either works, but friday night would be preferable.

chadsexington
May 5 2011, 05:59:58 PM

KK what time would you prefer? Again, I won't be home until late into the night - say 22-23GMT.

Lucifer Fellblade
May 5 2011, 07:02:29 PM
Having some port issues, I opened them but still won't connect.

chadsexington
May 5 2011, 07:05:23 PM
Having some port issues, I opened them but still won't connect.

Did you forward the open port?

I had to remove my router entirely and just plug it in straight, even after port forwarding.

James Snowscoran
May 5 2011, 07:08:04 PM
Port 904569045298 closed is just cyanide's default error message when you can't connect and not necessarily related to port issues at all. It's mostly due to them being bad at coding. Whenever I've had port issues in BB (not sicne BB:LE was released tbh) I've always managed to get around it by trying to connect a few more times.

Lucifer Fellblade
May 5 2011, 08:13:32 PM
It did end up being a port issue, solved it promptly.

Cripple fight ensued.

Orks that are secretly elves, dying go for it berzerkers.

Kaianna
May 5 2011, 08:22:08 PM
I wuz robbed!...i'm glad that Bezerker fucking died, because i'd have killed him for fucking that up!
He has the ball, open field, needs 1 gfi to be out of range of any orcs....death.

Zeppelin
May 5 2011, 08:37:29 PM

KK what time would you prefer? Again, I won't be home until late into the night - say 22-23GMT.

As early as you can really, I don't mind staying up late, but I'd rather avoid sitting up till early morning for a BB game. Just poke me through steam or something when you get home. :)

mrki
May 6 2011, 12:40:51 PM
A question for wise FHCers that participate. I noticed the game was 50% off on the official site and I was thinking of getting it. Before I do though, I'd like to check here first.

Wiki page says that the game includes secureROM, even though the official page doesn't mention it. Is it true, and if so, will it affect me in any way?

Can I activate the game on steam if I get it from the official site, and if so doses anything change regarding drm?

Is there any single-player content? I understand that player leagues are fun, but I'd like there to be at least something for single player times.

Thanks,

James Snowscoran
May 6 2011, 01:41:25 PM
A question for wise FHCers that participate. I noticed the game was 50% off on the official site and I was thinking of getting it. Before I do though, I'd like to check here first.

Wiki page says that the game includes secureROM, even though the official page doesn't mention it. Is it true, and if so, will it affect me in any way?

Can I activate the game on steam if I get it from the official site, and if so doses anything change regarding drm?

Is there any single-player content? I understand that player leagues are fun, but I'd like there to be at least something for single player times.

Thanks,
1. Definitely uses securom because cyanide are twats. Vast majority of users have no issues, though.

2. Steam version has securom too afaik. Not sure if you can activate it on steam.

3. There is a singleplayer campaign, hotseat mode, one-off matches etc. but most players consider it useful mostly for learning the game. The AI isn't too awesome and far below the skill of an actual player.

filingo
May 6 2011, 01:42:06 PM

Thanks,
1. Definitely uses securom because cyanide are twats. Vast majority of users have no issues, though.

2. Steam version has securom too afaik. Not sure if you can activate it on steam.

3. There is a singleplayer campaign, hotseat mode, one-off matches etc. but most players consider it useful mostly for learning the game. The AI isn't too awesome and far below the skill of an actual player but still better than filingo rapongo.

fyp

Kilabi
May 6 2011, 01:48:23 PM
There is a story mode, let´s you jump between pre-set battles to tell the story of BB. Starting with orks and dwarfs finding the first rulebook.
Gives you funny stuff to do during the matches like "throw 2 team mates" instead of just forcing you to win.

Also a exihibition mode and campaign with a small map and different tournaments and leagues to play against AI.

Lusc
May 6 2011, 03:09:31 PM
Bollocks!

looks like I missed this first one.

I hope it goes well so that you will run another one when its finished. I am guessing Augest?

Rock paper shotgun are running a league so I will join that in the interium.

Good luck!

Praise NufflE!

chadsexington
May 6 2011, 03:18:38 PM
Zepp - I wont be able to make it tonight; I have to go out right after work and wont be home until way too early in the morning for you.

I can do it afternoons tomorrow or sunday if you like.

Zeppelin
May 6 2011, 04:17:58 PM
Zepp - I wont be able to make it tonight; I have to go out right after work and wont be home until way too early in the morning for you.

Fair enough. I'll be spending my saturday/sunday at home anyway. Not sure how early you get up and are ready to play, so feel free to suggest a time.

chadsexington
May 6 2011, 04:26:05 PM

Fair enough. I'll be spending my saturday/sunday at home anyway. Not sure how early you get up and are ready to play, so feel free to suggest a time.

If you're on that steam group I'll pm you as soon as I'm on and we can work something out.

Zeppelin
May 7 2011, 03:29:18 PM
Alright, just drop me a message on Steam when you're back. I'll be at home all day, though not always by the computer, but I'll run past and check for any messages every now and then, so I should be able to reply fairly soonish.

Zeppelin
May 7 2011, 07:07:22 PM
Playing Chad's Undead now. Typing commentary as the game goes.

Undead kicking. Perfect defence. Orcs roll superbly on their blocks and the undead go down. Touchback. Thrower gets the ball.

The undead use their unmarked players to form a new defensive line and the mummy knocks down a blackorc.

Turn two, orc blocks remain awesome. The undead are back on their backs and their counterblocking is mostly limited to one dice rolls as the orcs advance on the right side of the pitch.

Undead counterblock a bit, but most of their players are tied up throwing one dice blocks on the wrong side of the pitch. Their turn ends when the referee spots a foul against a lineorc.

Turn three. Orcs keep blocking, a zombie gets hurt. Keep advancing up the right side. Undeads manage to sneak past and put a tacklezone on the ballcarrier. Orcs clown up when trying to salvage the situation but end up on the wrong tile, forcing them to a needless dodge. Luckily for them, luck > skill.

Of course, the next turn I clown up again by not moving a free blitzer to block the mummys path to blitz the ballcarrier before the turnover. Ah well. Now the undeads are hitting back and the orcs are falling over and the undead now have plenty of players around the ball.

Manage to save the situation with some decent blocks. And luck. Not a secret that my dice are just plain better this game. Undead try some desperate moves to stop the ball and it works. It bounces around and eventually ends up in the hands of a blackorc. :obama:

Some dicerolls later with questionable chances of success, the black orc is now one tile away from a touchdown. Turn 8 is comming up when the undead attempt a hero rescue with a dodge and 2d block against them. The BO is pushed a tile away from the endzone. Another undead appears and the BO is now left with a 4+ dodge to score.

Though true to his BO ways, he blitzes, knocks over a wight, follows up and walks in 1-0.

Undeads retaliate for a turn, then the second half starts with the undead recieving. 11 orcs vs 8 undead. Quick snap! The line of scrimmage orcs all go down, but the last block causes a turnover and one of the zombies smashes his hip but regenerates. Off the pitch anyhow!

The number advantage shows itself. The undead are taking a beating, surrounded by the orcs. Still, they're doing what they can to save the day, but eventually, the orcs knock them all down and grab the ball.

Another turn passes and the orcs are just collecting spp. The undead can't really do much to stop them. 2-0.

Undead recieving again. 11 vs 6. BLITZ! The orc blitzers rush past the undead defences and all bunch up where the ball is predicted to land while the BO's and lineorcs keep the undead fighters busy. Still the undead manage a pickup but after that everything goes to shit. Another ghoul gets injured and the orcs are just stomping the remaining players flat while running in another touchdown.

Another 3-0 victory for the Goodfellows!

chadsexington
May 7 2011, 07:12:08 PM
Yeah, I dun got raped.

Kaianna
May 7 2011, 07:22:40 PM
I fucking hate those Orcs.
At least both Orc teams are done for me now....

Lusc
May 8 2011, 02:19:04 PM
Nice commentary Zep!

Sounded like you had good dice all game. Although sucks for chad :(

Hopefully he will get good dice next game!

filingo
May 9 2011, 01:02:21 PM
havent checked the board yet but does this mean we've played all of week 2 or is there one to go?

Zeppelin
May 9 2011, 03:06:59 PM
havent checked the board yet but does this mean we've played all of week 2 or is there one to go?

Two to go. Kaianna vs Lucifer Fellblade and Kilabi vs FraXy.

Kaianna
May 9 2011, 03:10:57 PM
I've already played Lucifer, see previous page....ended in a draw.

chadsexington
May 9 2011, 03:15:54 PM
I've already played Lucifer, see previous page....ended in a draw.

Ah, you have to validate your match then

Zeppelin
May 9 2011, 03:38:25 PM
Oh, I was only looking at the number of games played counter and noticed there where four people with only one played. My mistake.

Kilabi
May 9 2011, 03:46:03 PM
16:45 - FraXy: FORFEIT!!

Just sayin.

FraXy
May 9 2011, 03:47:43 PM
FraXy: FORFEIT!!
Kilabi: my game somehow does not want to start
FraXy: maybe i'll actually get a win :D
Kilabi: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=458&p=49998#p49998 (http://failheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=458&p=49998#p49998)
FraXy: HAHAHA

------

Out of context, best context. :mrgreen:

Kilabi
May 9 2011, 05:00:40 PM
http://www8.pic-upload.de/09.05.11/37fn2cnlan.jpg

Sort AAR from the game.

FraXy
May 9 2011, 05:22:34 PM
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/FraXy_/BB1Lineman.jpg

Turn 14.

2 Wardancers got away from the 3-man Defence and is hiding in our Endzone leaving Thee Bait!

filingo
May 9 2011, 05:25:36 PM
lol

Zeppelin
May 9 2011, 05:31:45 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXsGMFjrH1R4N_uM3Crnf2z5f-Ame7jJfGvyQ9PTdYdXoNCCEv&t=1

James Snowscoran
May 9 2011, 09:51:04 PM
Righto chaps, looks like we're done on schedule again. I validated the last match played (If I find unvalidated matches I'll generally validate them unless I've received a PM or you've posted on the forum, btw). Quite an impressive second match day, with only 3 teams out of 8 managing to score any touchdowns :) Roll on match day 3!

chadsexington
May 10 2011, 01:58:06 AM
Fraxy - when did you want to set this up? I may be at home tomorrow, but most likely I would only be available late in the evening (Im GMT-5) until the weekend.

Zeppelin
May 10 2011, 05:47:06 PM
Typing commentary as my game against Lucifer goes on.

Time for the best matchup, as Orc faces Orc. Lucifer gets a wooping 180 000 in inducements.

Goodfellows attacking like usual. w00t. The pitch is looking especially green this game. Litteraly.

Kickoff is changing weather, good weather is good. Ball bounces off the field and the Goodfellows give the ball to a blitzer. The first blocks are a rather uneventful thing, as usual in games where the average armor a bit above 8. Damn those av7 throwers for ruining everything. Some blocks are thrown, orcs fall over and nothing really happends aside from a Fellblade blitzer lying on the edge of the pitch waiting for the Goodfellow Black Orc to move so he won't get sent off the pitch.

The Fellblades throw a few blocks and the Goodfellows are pushed around. Nothing really happends the first turn.

Turn two. Goodfellows knock out the Fellblade thrower and pushes through on the right side of the pitch. With most of the Fellblades being tied up, the best they manage this turn is to push the ballcarriers escorts around while forming a more or less impenetrable wall in the Goodfellow's path. The Goodfellows chose to withdraw and find a better chance to break through.

And in turn three, they get their chance when a Goodfellow Black Orc kills a Fellblade Black Orc - the apothecary is there to save him, turning the result into a badly hurt and the BO is placed in reserve. With some orcish kunning and taktikz(lawl dodging orc!) the Goodfellows break through.

The Fellblades chase after, fighting their way through the Goodfellow lines and manage to place a tacklezone on the ballcarrier. Brawling ensues, but the Goodfellows have the upper hand and the ballcarrier is now standing one step away from a touchdown.

Fellblade pulls off a hero rescue when a blitzer pulls off a double dodge with negative modifiers and knocks down the ballcarrier with a single dice. The ball bounces out into the audience and is thrown back into the big brawl in the middle of the Fellblade side of the pitch. However, with the Goodfellows turn starting, the manage to clear a space around the ball and a pickup... though it did cost them their last reroll to do so. Another attempt at a touchdown starts, but the Fellblades are still fighting to prevent it. Moments later the ballcarrier is blitzed once again, luckily for the Goodfellows, he manages to stay on his feet, but the blitzer is shortly followed by yet another dodging Fellblade and the ballcarrier is now pinned down between the two.

Goodfellows coach is heard saying "multipush, best push" and the ballcarrier is freed after a blitz. Goodfellows touchdown in turn 7.

The Fellblades are now attacking and the Goodfellows on the line of scrimmage all go down. The harsh life of a lineorc. Fellblades bash a little and their now awoken thrower collects a star player point by passing to a lineorc. The lineorc then politely hands the ball back.

Goodfellows turn 8. They blitz the av8 Fellblade Black Orc and stuns him. Fellblades fail a pass and the second half begins with the Goodfellows kicking. Shortly followed by the Goodfellows blitzing... shortly afterwards realising that if the Fellblades pull of a simple pass, the Goodfellows would be screwed. However, a consistent theme throughout this league has been that whenever the Goodfellows really screw up someplace, luck is there to help them out because the Fellblades fail their 3+ reroll pickup. And oh. A fellblade blitzer was badly hurt somewhere around this turn.

Then I look away to type the above paragraf and apparently miss the Fellblades doing some silly dodges, blitzing the ballcarrier but failing to knock him down(block dodge blitzer ftw?). The turn after the Goodfellows put in a 2-0 touchdown.

Goodfellows kicking again. Perfect Defence. Good thing the kick off results aren't always in my favour right...?

Fellblades pushing hard on the left side, sadly the ball lands on the right. Some brawling starts but before the Goodfellows can manage to threaten the ballcarrier, they suffer a turnover and the Fellblades start pushing through to the Goodfellow side of the pitch with a pass and a run. They then suffer a turnover of their own.

After tying up the ballcarrier escorts, a Goodfellow black orc blitzes the Fellblade carrier, ball bounces off the pitch and lands pretty much perfectly for the Goodfellows who place a 3-0 touchdown the turn after.

Goodfellows kicking again, weather changes to good. Again. Fellblades have two turns to score and it looks like they're trying, pushing a hole through the defending orcs and positioning themselves for a pass. Exciting stuff when orcs play like elves. Sadly, a turnover ends all chances for a counter touchdown.

Rest of the game is just a big brawl as both teams try and collect a few last minute star player points.

Another 3-0 to the Goodfellows. Thanks for the game Lucifer. :)

Kaianna
May 10 2011, 07:23:13 PM
Righto chaps, looks like we're done on schedule again. I validated the last match played (If I find unvalidated matches I'll generally validate them unless I've received a PM or you've posted on the forum, btw). Quite an impressive second match day, with only 3 teams out of 8 managing to score any touchdowns :) Roll on match day 3!

Heya dude, when do you fancy playing? Free most evenings (GMT+1), all day saturday.

Lucifer Fellblade
May 10 2011, 07:48:58 PM
Next time I'm definitely playing High Elves or something.

filingo
May 10 2011, 08:21:32 PM
and im playing another team of pony fuckers.

goddamit.

James Snowscoran
May 12 2011, 09:31:29 AM

Heya dude, when do you fancy playing? Free most evenings (GMT+1), all day saturday.
I'm free tonight? Hit me up on steam sometime, otherwise saturday morning/early afternoon gmt would be great.

Zeppelin
May 13 2011, 10:06:52 PM
/me taps foot impatiently. Moar games!

FraXy
May 14 2011, 07:04:21 AM
/me taps foot impatiently. Moar games!

Me and Chad have scheduled ours via PM for later today (1500 GMT onwards).

James Snowscoran
May 14 2011, 08:46:05 AM
Saturday has arrived Kaianna and it's time for us to schedule a game. I'm doing math problems today all day so feel free to suggest a time.

Kaianna
May 14 2011, 10:11:49 AM
Are you fee this evening? My dads birthday today so will be out until about 1800ish.

filingo
May 14 2011, 10:27:44 AM
i need to revengerize my defeat against one set of ponies by beating the other ones

James Snowscoran
May 14 2011, 11:04:29 AM
Is that 1800 or 1900 GMT? Cause I can do both.

Kaianna
May 14 2011, 11:09:21 AM
Either tbh. 1900 GMT sound good?

Also, thank fuck you aren't more orcs.

James Snowscoran
May 14 2011, 11:50:43 AM
Sounds good

chadsexington
May 14 2011, 05:19:51 PM
Im online now, but I dont see you on steam. Reply here I guess and we can sort it out.

I fell asleep on the couch at 1300GMT while waiting for the pc to boot :(

Kaianna
May 14 2011, 08:02:38 PM
Ready when you are, Pony lover :D

Kaianna
May 14 2011, 08:17:53 PM
No sign of James atm, i'll just stay ingame but tabbed away and will check there + here every 5-10 minutes.

James Snowscoran
May 14 2011, 08:19:17 PM
My bad, logging in now

Rhaegor Stormborn
May 14 2011, 08:53:35 PM
I am going to re-download this after a long time away, but I had to email customer service and request a new download link as my old one is not working.

Kaianna
May 14 2011, 09:43:06 PM
Another draw....VERY close and tense game. James was unlucky to not get 2-1, thanks to my hero runner \o/

James Snowscoran
May 14 2011, 10:56:46 PM
Piebakers won the toss and elected to kick. After a bit of a fail start for the Norse, the Elves snatched the ball and proceeded to plod downfield whilst leaving various humans in the KO box. But after a 1-0 TD in the fourth turn the Norse bounced back, with every KO recovering and helping them complete a bit of a bumrush that was close to failure but ultimately succeeded in scoring an equalizer touchdown in the final turn of the first half.

Second half kick off, 9 Elves on the pitch vs 11 Norse. Piebakers retrieve the ball but mess up with ball carrier protection, leaving the carrier open to blitz with the help of a few gfis. Bam down he goes, but the Piebakers retrieve the ball and manage to move it upfield, though not very well guarded, knocking down a few enemies on the way to even the numbers on the pitch a bit. After losing the ball and subsequently retrieving it once again, star blitzer Applejack bursts through the defense but is downed a few yards from the goalline by a defiant runner and sent off the field on a stretcher. The elves fail to acquire the ball again and stuck deep in their own half the Bastards realize there isn't enough time to make a touchdown of their own. Final score 1-1, but a very enjoyable and tense game throughout.

chadsexington
May 15 2011, 05:51:52 PM
I'm online again Fraxy - let me know here if you're available today.

James Snowscoran
May 16 2011, 09:38:20 AM
PLz get your shit together private Raponger + other buttfagges, I want to see the last two matches scheduled ASAP. Thursday morning is still the tentative deadline!

filingo
May 16 2011, 10:24:56 AM
PLz get your shit together private Raponger + other buttfagges, I want to see the last two matches scheduled ASAP. Thursday morning is still the tentative deadline!

its monday brah, chill

James Snowscoran
May 16 2011, 12:34:05 PM
Sorry, doing a home exam, kinda stressed and needed to vent

(should probably stop browsing SHC instead of writing mah paper)

Kilabi
May 18 2011, 01:54:48 PM
Game done.

James Snowscoran
May 18 2011, 02:23:55 PM
Is that the last of them then? At work until midnight, but I'd like to be able to forward the match day when I get home.

chadsexington
May 18 2011, 03:03:26 PM
Mine and fraxy's game is still outstanding, but I haven't heard anything from them all week. I pm'd them a few days ago as well, but no luck

Zeppelin
May 18 2011, 03:07:31 PM
I say we make it a 2-0 victory for Chad(seeing as he's the active one) and move on.

Kilabi
May 18 2011, 04:47:09 PM
Just reminded him on steam. Perhaps he shows up in time.

James Snowscoran
May 18 2011, 05:18:36 PM
Keep in mind we can delay forwarding the match day for a bit, if you guys can get it scheduled.

chadsexington
May 18 2011, 07:32:52 PM
Just reminded him on steam. Perhaps he shows up in time.

Tell him to join the manbowl group - i've checked a few times and not seen him in there.

James Snowscoran
May 19 2011, 12:03:44 AM
Match day has been moved on, Chad was given a 2-0 win. Tentative deadline for MD4 matches is in 7x24 hours.

filingo
May 19 2011, 12:19:47 AM
it hasnt been a week has it? i thought it was on thursdays

chadsexington
May 19 2011, 12:39:11 AM
whoever i'm playing : Friday is a great day for me to play; I'm off all day

James Snowscoran
May 19 2011, 01:25:21 AM
it hasnt been a week has it? i thought it was on thursdays
We moved from MD2 to MD3 last monday so it's been 9-10 days. Thursday is (ideally) the day the new match day starts, not the last one of the old match day, and I'll forward the match day around midnight GMT if I can. Again, our casual-weekly format means there's room for extending the match day if people can't get their matches played in time, but only if you can at least get the matches scheduled before we're due to move on.

filingo
May 19 2011, 11:59:43 AM
ok fair enough, i havent seen fraxy for a bit either :cry:

could someone post a screenshot of the rankings page so that the general forum populace can see our failures

i think im sitting at 1-1-1 and mid table somewhere, which isnt too bad seeing as im terrible and played two of the better players (kilabi and james). i need to try and learn a bit more but the derplords are doing pretty well (although the GOATSPHERE has been battered slightly.

my first match was a victory against the undead ZOMBIES ON THE LAWN which was a pretty funny game due to my goats being terrible and unable to pick up the ball. my goats love fumbling balls. I think a goat got a broken neck.

the second match was against the dark elf pony fuckers the ponyville piebakers. i lost 3-0 i believe but i battered the shit out of the ponies and it was pretty funny. oh yeah, my goat fell over on the very last turn going for it to give me a td. goddamit goats.

The third match turned into a thrilling 1-1 draw against the necrophiliac pony fuckers the twilight sparklers. close game, lots of battering each other and lulzy plays. i recieved and drove the goatsphere up the right flank scoring around turn 5/6 and managed to block the undeed from a reply. in the second half the undead drove down hard and pushed through despite ffffumbling a pass (whats that) and taking a bit longer than planned.

As the undead kicked off again one of my goats decided to stop fumbling balls and actually caught it. The GOATCAGE was formed and despite a brutal pounding by the OMGWTFREGEN'DHAX undead managed to hold on to the end of the match. two goats with long term injuries (at least) and the undead skipped away fine (fukken regen hax). i think it was another broken neck, one with concussion and a chaos warrior with cracked ribs or some shit. fucking hell.

1 - 1 GOOD GAME MEIGHT

James Snowscoran
May 19 2011, 12:23:25 PM
ffffumbling a pass (whats that)
If you roll a 1 (before OR after modifiers have been applied) when attempting to pass, the pass is fumbled and the thrower drops the ball in an adjacent square. If you fail a pass with a roll other than 1, the pass is merely inaccurate and the ball will at least fly in the general direction of the receiver.

filingo
May 19 2011, 12:26:08 PM
ffffumbling a pass (whats that)
If you roll a 1 (before OR after modifiers have been applied) when attempting to pass, the pass is fumbled and the thrower drops the ball in an adjacent square. If you fail a pass with a roll other than 1, the pass is merely inaccurate and the ball will at least fly in the general direction of the receiver.

i meant more, whats a pass :p

Zeppelin
May 19 2011, 02:57:04 PM
i meant more, whats a pass :p

Something you attempt in turn 8 when you have no possibility of scoring so that you might earn a single star player point on a player. This is the true purpose of the pass move. Elves might disagree, but being elves, their opinion has been rejected by default.

James Snowscoran
May 19 2011, 04:32:05 PM
Bit rich coming from the greenskin coach with a dedicated thrower on his roster.

Kaianna
May 19 2011, 05:39:03 PM

Friday evening sound good? Say 1900 GMT?

Zeppelin
May 19 2011, 05:48:48 PM
Bit rich coming from the greenskin coach with a dedicated thrower on his roster.

I swear, every time I see him, I'm asking myself 'why didn't I get a goblin instead?'. Sure hands as a starting skill is a foul temptress... but with his ma5 I don't know what I was thinking.

Also the current rankings, sorted by points;
http://i.imgur.com/QN3gB.png

And the results of the previous games along with the matchups for round 4;
http://i.imgur.com/J8HA8.png

Looks like I'm up against Filingo next for some orc on goat action. Lovely mental image.

chadsexington
May 19 2011, 06:16:37 PM

Works for me, but I Thought I was playing lucifers orc team... is that you?

Kilabi
May 19 2011, 06:24:31 PM
Dark Elves. Will make winning a lot harder. But i hope i can get more cas. :P

Lucifer Fellblade
May 19 2011, 07:05:17 PM

Works for me, but I Thought I was playing lucifers orc team... is that you?

Somewhat predictably it is me. :obama:

I'm going back home from uni on friday, so I probably won't be available until Saturday.