PDA

View Full Version : Matari Exodus looking for small gang pvpers

Miriam Sasko
October 10 2011, 07:36:54 PM
Matari Exodus is recruiting experienced PvP'ers

Matari Exodus is a dedicated EU-TZ small-gang PvP corporation. We like good fights: The more challenging, the better. We mostly run gangs with 2-10 ships, usually on long routes that take us through many regions. Most of us also like solo PvP. To get a better idea of our style, you can watch one of our recent videos:

Warbirds: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=232489
VExoR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TJ9BKUiqE
Used and Abused: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXO3TcBDbBc

If you like the thrill of a really close fight above all else in Eve, we might be the corp for you.

What we expect:
-A mature attitude, i.e. you should try to be as good as you can, without being obsessed with not losing ships. Failures do happen. You should be able to learn something from it, get a new ship, and continue.
-Some previous small-scale PvP experience. We are happy to explain stuff, but this is not a training corporation.
-A good set of PvP-related skills. Skills such as Gallente BS V, Logistics V, or HAC V are useful. If you don't have at least one of those (plus all the required support and weapon skills to make the ships work, of course), you might find yourself unable to fit a ship for a given gang format.
-You need to be able to pay for your ships.

If you're interested, you can talk to us in our public channel "The Arrival" or send an EveMail to Kyang Tia. Or ask your questions here, of course.

Old version:
Matari Exodus is a small EU TZ corporation which was created almost exactly two and a half years ago by a group of friends and is focused solely on PvP.

What we do:

:arrow: Solo, duo and very small gang pvp in low sec, generally anti pirate, and 0.0.
:arrow: Mainly BC/BS gangs in a variety of formats, i.e. RR, nano BC, active tanks etc.
:arrow: Since pictures are supposed to say more than a thousand words, watch these videos to get an idea:

Departure (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1562693)
Everlasting (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1545600)
Tank! (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1522487)
The Professionals (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1569857)
There be Dragons (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1483439)
Skybound (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1433870)
The Good, The Bad and the Hopelessly Clueless (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1352244)
Serious Business (http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1228439)

What we offer:

:arrow: Competent pvpers to gang with and a place to meet like minded people.
:arrow: No space holding/POS bashing, etc just pvp.
:arrow: No blues.
:arrow: Killboard (http://exo.eve-kill.net/?a=home) and vent server.
:arrow: Relaxed atmosphere.

What we would like from you:

:arrow: A mature attitude with an enthusiasm and desire for both solo and small gang pvp.
:arrow: The ability to fit and use BC/BS well. Logistics are also a plus.
:arrow: Self-sufficiency (you need to fund your ships).
:arrow: No obsession with your killboard efficiency, but no idiocy either.

Above all what we are looking for are people who pvp for the thrill of small scale warfare and understand that, while ships will be lost in the process, fun will also be had.

If you're interested please drop into our public channel "The Arrival" for a chat or get in touch with Miriam Sasko or Jaster Arcturus.

Shiodome
October 11 2011, 08:17:45 AM
Matari Exodus are very nice space people with a pleasant public channel. Deep space gentlemen of renown. :monocledowns:

Lauren Sheaperd
October 14 2011, 01:43:54 PM
These guys are awesome, I totally recommend them if you're looking for a good corporation with cool people.

Shiroi Okami
October 17 2011, 03:39:13 AM
Vouch for an awesome corp

Tordin Varglund
October 21 2011, 12:17:09 AM
Quite possibly the best corportation in eve and easily the best bunch of people ive met ingame yet.

Miriam Sasko
November 8 2011, 11:03:42 AM
We have a couple new members and some more people that are currently in the application process (heh, that sounds terribly formal for "getting to know each other"). Recruitment is closed until all these have settled down.

shoki
November 25 2011, 01:13:20 PM
fuck :(

Miriam Sasko
January 20 2014, 07:56:23 AM
After some ups and downs in activity, .EXO. is now as alive as ever. To make sure it stays that way, though, we are looking for one or two additions.

OP updated with some recent videos etc.

Should any of my less failheapy corpmates answer questions on here, I kindly ask you to not troll them to hell and/or back. It makes them grumpy when all they want to do is help out.

Meridith
January 21 2014, 10:15:27 PM
Matari Exodus always looks like such an awesome corp, but EUTZ :(

CC
January 22 2014, 11:38:33 AM
Take me back plz. )))

Miriam Sasko
January 23 2014, 09:36:55 AM
Matari Exodus always looks like such an awesome corp, but EUTZ :(
<3

Take me back plz. )))
Apparently, Jaster is bad and has misclicked. Or your application is weird. In any case you are welcome to join again, please send another app.

Miriam Sasko
January 24 2014, 08:19:34 AM
Well, it appears we have

- regained a former member
- attracted two potential applicants
- and a guy who just wants to fly with us.

Since evaluation of potential recruits mainly works via chemistry on roams, it can be a lengthy process. This gets made even more lengthy if there are people who need to be evaluated before you. We are still interested in more applicants though.

MeClever
January 24 2014, 11:50:05 AM
Well, it appears we have

- regained a former member
- attracted two potential applicants
- and a guy who just wants to fly with us.

Since evaluation of potential recruits mainly works via chemistry on roams, it can be a lengthy process. This gets made even more lengthy if there are people who need to be evaluated before you. We are still interested in more applicants though.

I'd love to join your rr-bc roams.

Miriam Sasko
January 25 2014, 03:36:02 PM
I'd love to join your rr-bc roams.

Unfortunately, we haven't been doing them for quite a while. A series of patches left other ships to fulfill similar roles better.

LordsServant
January 25 2014, 05:15:53 PM
I'd love to fly around with you guys in w/e roams you do if I can get enough time to move one of my chars out of wspace (assuming I'm in wspace at the time).

You guys seem to have a p. solid amount of fun and know whats up as far as small scale pew.

I like my current corp(s)/alliance atm tho. ;)

Lady Spank
January 26 2014, 01:21:55 AM
I've always respected these guys, from the sidelines. I never felt they needed my endorsement but might as well give them my regards here while I'm considering it.

Daneel Trevize
January 26 2014, 12:44:10 PM
I don't speak for ME, I just fly with them more often than not when I play Eve(and have done for over a year now :shock:). So w.r.t. joining them:
While it may go without saying, although they favour lowsec, you don't need HG pirate implants nor your own link alt(s).
You probably don't need to have buckets of experience with brawling or kiting, but you'll want to be a fast learning if you're new to either.
I'd say a desire to theory-craft & willingness to try other people's concepts (& learn from their successes & failures) would help.
Also being able to record your own gameplay is always useful, you never know when you're going to want to be able to replay & share something.

Help us to help you find all manner of WTF fits & situations to die in :D
Amusing tales include:
2 legion, 1 mach armour gang vs 10+ campers that had 3 ecm ships. Dissolution Sequencers fail.
RR Nighthawks crawling 100km back to a gate, to lose half of them 5km short.
Saving numerous pure & hybrid RR setups from hull(aka 1 volley from fleet-wipe) having jump ~7 people into 20+ and barely crawling into RR range in time.
Plenty of other events that have made it into the vids released several times a year. (Killing a lowsec pvp carrier + hostiles with RR vexors!)
Getting to fly armour or shield, nano or plated, active or buffer, brawling or kiting or some weird crosses. Also solo logi opportunities, with & without RR support.
Struggling to remember everyone's actual names when they pop up on comms overlays and call for help in their different european accents. :companioncube:

P.S. You might want to be ok with going tens of jumps per roam. I mean like you might find you've just done nearly 100 in a night after returning to Jita. Almost always worth it!

Miriam Sasko
January 28 2014, 09:30:38 PM
So, as of today, we have enough people in evaluation. If you contacted us before now, you'll fly along us for a few days, but we simply can't do justice to more than the guys already semi-in.

Oli Robbo
January 28 2014, 10:27:08 PM
Has Avan come back to the game yet? :((

Miriam Sasko
January 29 2014, 08:27:23 AM
Has Avan come back to the game yet? :((
Damn, haven't seen you in ages.

Unfortunately, the same goes for Avan - he has dropped off the edge of the world.

Miriam Sasko
February 24 2014, 07:51:32 PM
So, we have

- taken in another former member who is mostly busy with some ego shooter
- taken in one of the applicants
- and decided in consensus with another applicant that our mentalities don't fit.

One more potential applicant has disappeared which means we are once again open for interested folks.

QuackBot
February 24 2014, 08:00:16 PM
So, we have

- taken in another former member who is mostly busy with some ego shooter
- taken in one of the applicants
- and decided in consensus with another applicant that our mentalities don't fit.

One more potential applicant has disappeared which means we are once again open for interested folks.
Ok once again, this was how it was described to me by my ex when she had one..

SardCaid
February 24 2014, 08:09:28 PM
When in the EU TZ are you typically active? Can you give typical days or periods of time you're doing your thing?

Daneel Trevize
February 24 2014, 08:18:41 PM
I know an example week's announced fleets might be on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Time-wise ~18:30 taking-a-headcount, deciding a comp gathering, hopefully setting off by 19:00 for several (~4?)hours of roaming/dying & reshipping.
Some weeks have almost daily smaller(2-4man) things, and often the weekend is when the ~10man setups come out.

P.S. Logan has his new vid out (https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=324723&find=unread).

Miriam Sasko
February 24 2014, 08:19:42 PM
When in the EU TZ are you typically active? Can you give typical days or periods of time you're doing your thing?
Sure.

Typically, larger roams start at 1830-1900 eve time and go till 2230. On sundays, there is something going on almost certainly, as is on most tuesdays and fridays. Other days of the week are more or less random. There are enough people active that, if you want to roam and are willing to do the thinking behind it, you won't fly alone.

Baarhyn
February 27 2014, 11:36:50 PM
Sure.

Typically, larger roams start at 1830-1900 eve time and go till 2230. On sundays, there is something going on almost certainly, as is on most tuesdays and fridays. Other days of the week are more or less random. There are enough people active that, if you want to roam and are willing to do the thinking behind it, you won't fly alone.

I would apply in an heartbeat but EU TZ weekday doesn't work for me :-(

I've been checking for small gang bizarre fit fleets for some time now. Guess i'll do some funky triplebox wormholeing instead or something lol.

is there anybody on for US TZ or is it dead as balls? If I go wormholeing I don'T need my main actually.

Miriam Sasko
February 28 2014, 08:42:33 AM
Sure.

I've been checking for small gang bizarre fit fleets for some time now. Guess i'll do some funky triplebox wormholeing instead or something lol.

is there anybody on for US TZ or is it dead as balls? If I go wormholeing I don'T need my main actually.

We've got three members in the US TZ. One of them has logged in some time this year. One turns up during semester breaks and no-lifes it for a few weeks, and the last has been gone for months. But we don't kick people.

So, yeah, it's pretty much dead as balls, apart from one EU guy who sometimes plays late at night.

Baarhyn
February 28 2014, 12:30:35 PM
Sure.

We've got three members in the US TZ. One of them has logged in some time this year. One turns up during semester breaks and no-lifes it for a few weeks, and the last has been gone for months. But we don't kick people.

So, yeah, it's pretty much dead as balls, apart from one EU guy who sometimes plays late at night.

Well I could parasite on weekends I suppose it you don't mind out of corpers.

If I was good I would grind mad cash with alts on weeknights anyway, so there's that.

Miriam Sasko
March 1 2014, 11:03:01 AM
Well I could parasite on weekends I suppose it you don't mind out of corpers..
That certainly is an option. We have some guests along on most of the larger roams. Just show up in the chat The Arrival, but don't expect to fly along right away - after all, there is only one weekend per week, only one large roam per weekend and usually quite a few people who want to participate.

Baarhyn
March 1 2014, 03:57:56 PM
Well I could parasite on weekends I suppose it you don't mind out of corpers..
That certainly is an option. We have some guests along on most of the larger roams. Just show up in the chat The Arrival, but don't expect to fly along right away - after all, there is only one weekend per week, only one large roam per weekend and usually quite a few people who want to participate.

sure, will drop in sometime next week.

QuackBot
March 1 2014, 04:00:11 PM
Sure.

Well there you go.

user_31001
March 1 2014, 10:57:31 PM
Hello,

How would you feel about getting me ? I got back in eve a few weeks ago trying my stuff @small solo pvp in FW right now with mixed success.
As far as experience goes i've been playing the game on and off since late 2008 mostly doing some kind of pvp or pve to fund it.
I've always loved the feeling of soloing in EVE and even tho the last weeks have been kind of fun i'm getting tired of soloing being my only possibility in the game right now, so i'm looking for a nice corp that would help me expand the content available to me.
Also for some reason i have a fetish for triage and logistics, go figure.
So basically what i'm looking for would be a laid back corp to help me have fun in eve and i believe i can provide a range of option i could help with.

Miriam Sasko
March 2 2014, 08:45:32 AM
Hello,

How would you feel about getting me ? I got back in eve a few weeks ago trying my stuff @small solo pvp in FW right now with mixed success.
As far as experience goes i've been playing the game on and off since late 2008 mostly doing some kind of pvp or pve to fund it.
I've always loved the feeling of soloing in EVE and even tho the last weeks have been kind of fun i'm getting tired of soloing being my only possibility in the game right now, so i'm looking for a nice corp that would help me expand the content available to me.
Also for some reason i have a fetish for triage and logistics, go figure.
So basically what i'm looking for would be a laid back corp to help me have fun in eve and i believe i can provide a range of option i could help with.

What you write here definitely sounds good. Please show up in The Arrival.

Oh, and may I ask your RL country of residence, your ingame name and a rough overview over the ships you can fly with close to all-5?

Btw, we have been using logistics a lot lately, but no triage to date. We keep meaning to drop a handfull of Abaddons and an Archon somewhere, but most people why fly in gang sized we would want to attack that way know how Triage, neuts and ECM work...

President Obasanjo
March 2 2014, 06:15:12 PM
Why do you use vent in 2014?

Miriam Sasko
March 2 2014, 06:33:06 PM
Why do you use vent in 2014?

Personal preference. People sound the way we are used to, recording files are tiny and we are small enough that techincal limitations are of hardly any concern.

Also, as of now we have enough people in consideration again. Recruitment is closed until further notice.

Daneel Trevize
March 2 2014, 06:57:09 PM
Why do you use vent in 2014?:companioncube:

I wind some of ME up no end when my Vent client bugs out & they kindly switch to TS ^_^

SardCaid
March 4 2014, 12:13:14 AM
Despite recruitment being closed, would it be possible to pub into your fleets? I've been very busy with the NEO, and was pretty much shot after both matches this weekend to see if y'all were running a gang.

I'd like to see how your corp runs roams to get the footage you do; I think I've failed so far in mimicing your success mostly due to a lack of patience.

Miriam Sasko
March 5 2014, 09:19:38 AM
Despite recruitment being closed, would it be possible to pub into your fleets? I've been very busy with the NEO, and was pretty much shot after both matches this weekend to see if y'all were running a gang.

I'd like to see how your corp runs roams to get the footage you do; I think I've failed so far in mimicing your success mostly due to a lack of patience.

Patience probably is the key. Some times we spend an evening without real fight, sometimes we are bad and lose half the gang with nothing to show for it.

As for coming along, that is certainly an option, albeit a pretty theoretical one for the time being. At the moment, preplanned roams fill up pretty quickly (and yes, we stick to a maximum number of participants), with special regard given to people who want to join. Spontaneous roams are, well, spontaneous. On them there usually is space for another person, but you need to be available on short notice.

Miriam Sasko
March 15 2014, 03:08:10 PM
We've taken in another guy, which means that our original recruitment goal has been met.

Others who are in consideration atm will finish that process, but apart from that, recruitment is closed for the foreseeable future, not just "until further notice".

Shiodome
March 27 2014, 10:48:55 PM
this is the corp i have always thought i'd want to be in if i wasn't already in the other corp i want to be in. :3

Miriam Sasko
January 5 2015, 01:52:29 PM
And this thread is relevant again. After a few changes in our active personnel roster, we have openings for 1-2 new members. Contact details are the same as before.

Funny how that always happens about the same time in a year.

CC
January 5 2015, 03:56:37 PM
Is good corp, doesn't afraid of anything. :)

Daneel Trevize
January 5 2015, 04:17:07 PM
Might want to update OP to mention Mumble & TS3 rather than Vent. And to list this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYx2ChGve0) ;)

LordsServant
January 5 2015, 07:06:26 PM
Might want to update OP to mention Mumble & TS3 rather than Vent. And to list this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYx2ChGve0) ;)

Still one of the best (if not THE BEST) pvp vid I've ever seen. Fucking love it, EXO, elite pvpers of my heart <3.

ry ry
January 5 2015, 07:41:32 PM
If I was even remotely competent as this game, this is the corp I would apply to.

They honestly scare the shit out of me with how good they are at eve.

#fanbump

Miriam Sasko
January 7 2015, 10:31:27 AM
Thanks for the endorsements!

Miriam Sasko
January 10 2015, 11:24:29 AM
... and we have enough applicants for the time being, so recruitment is closed until further notice.

Obviously, if you contacted us before now, we look forward to flying with you.

CC
October 26 2016, 12:58:46 PM
Dont have access to corp forum atm. Are we still officially comatose? Think my skill queue is still going, also forgot to unsub. =/ Remedied that now.

Miriam Sasko
October 26 2016, 08:51:17 PM
Dont have access to corp forum atm. Are we still officially comatose? Think my skill queue is still going, also forgot to unsub. =/ Remedied that now.

Pretty comatose. Met Logan on mumble the other day, and apparently some of the others also met a few days ago, but to the best of my knowledge no one features internet spaceships in their current plans.

For corp forum - see PM.

CC
June 28 2017, 12:11:42 PM
OK People.

This corp is now active again with one member. Namely me. I was the worst member of this corp, the bar isn't very high people. Do you enjoy solo/duo/trio active tanked BS/BC/whateverthatisn'tashittyfrigateordestroyer? Do you like long roams with potentially no gfs to show for it? Do you like terrible roaming times (currently 2100-0100. . . very ishy. . . variable days of the week). Can you fund your own ships and implants? If so please drop into the"The Arrival" in game channel at those times or failing that send "Cartheron Crust" an EVEmail in game.

Generally roam from Jita, or wherever I dumped my ships.

Mumble required for coms. Don't necessarily have to be interested to join corp, just if you fancy a roaming partner also.

Thanks. o7

CC
July 2 2017, 09:00:47 AM
Last night roaming lowsec with an old RvB comrade in an active Dominix, boosting Magus and nano tackle Exequeror. . .

Set off from Ostingele. Find nothing till some nano gang around Black Rise (Gila's Tengu etc), narrowly avoid getting curbstomped on the gate. A few jumps later a Broadsword/Scythe decides against tackling me on a gate. Finally end up in kinakka where we get one weird ass fight on the Martoh/Kinakka gate. The exeq jumps in and gets fight started somehow killing a Rapier, thenigs escalate with a Barghest, Tempest and Deimos rocking up and piling in. Both my clients hang. . .

I come back online and the exeq has managed to keep me up and himself still alive. 10 or so bombers decloak try to alpha the deimos then warp off. =/ Everyone has disengaged by then. However after some hokeycokey we jump our selves in again, where I manage to boosh the same rapier pilot off the gate (now in an oneiros) and we frag that.

An entertaining couple hours. :)

CC
October 18 2017, 08:59:49 AM
Slow past few months just by myself, but solo busted 4 gatecamps:-

Egghelende (https://zkillboard.com/related/30002693/201707282300/), Hevrice (https://zkillboard.com/related/30005320/201709232300/), 3rd party Bust Hagilur (https://zkillboard.com/related/30002050/201710140000/), Parts (https://zkillboard.com/related/30004998/201710172200/o/%7B%22A%22%3A%5B%22495729389%5C%2F%22%5D%2C%22B%22 %3A%5B%221000168%5C%2F%22%5D%7D/)

Done a bit of cruiser stuff (ScyFI is pretty neat if a little thin on dualrep setup).

Impromtu late night (after 2030, normally 2100 evetime) EU roaming generally BC/HAC/BS. Currently digging the Hyperion though. ;p

See two posts above for contact details etc. )))