PDA

View Full Version : We met with Arnar today

Pages : 1 [2]

Evelgrivion
September 17 2011, 12:55:50 AM
And so we go back to the Monolithic CCP Conspiracy Theory. It's easy for you guys to chant your mantras - "TEAM AWESOME", maybe get a little two minutes hate at Torfi - but essentially your 'question' is based on your theories about CCP disagreeing with the truth (fractured company with disparate interests and zones of control).

It would be comic, were it not so pathetic, to see people adopting a stance of 'mature political wisdom' wagging their fingers at me about how a single tactic is the only method of accomplishing goals. Only stick, ever, for the shitheap lunatics! Rage, rage, rage against Torfi!

The carrot continues to work quite well in some areas, and in some areas the carrot appeared to be working but now we must stick. If you don't understand why a new CSM administration must have at least /attempted/ carrot in the zone where we must now stick, well - you probably actually read Virt's posts.

I've never believed in a monolithic CCP conspiracy; when I refer to the company by name, I refer to it as the net direction that the organization takes as a sum of its contributor's parts, with all its misfires and half steps included.

All words aside, would you Just call a spade a spade? If the lead guys in CCP are talking about doing some stupid fucking shit under a bunch of words about how awesome or neat it is, call them out on it, call them out on it fast and try to warn us about it where you can. If that's what you're doing in the latest CSM update, good, because some people are more than likely going to continue to press CCP's investment in incredibly dumb or poorly executed ideas like the ones we've gotten over the past three or four years now.

a mitten
September 17 2011, 04:13:12 AM
All words aside, would you Just call a spade a spade? If the lead guys in CCP are talking about doing some stupid fucking shit under a bunch of words about how awesome or neat it is, call them out on it, call them out on it fast and try to warn us about it where you can. If that's what you're doing in the latest CSM update, good, because some people are more than likely going to continue to press CCP's investment in incredibly dumb or poorly executed ideas like the ones we've gotten over the past three or four years now.

I do call a spade a spade?

The idea of me being soft on CCP is comical, if you had any actual knowledge of the history of this game.

Xiang Jiao
September 17 2011, 09:22:50 AM
Yep, he confirms on the next page the drag-and-drop and double click functionality will be returning. Along with being able to choose between 'old hangar' and disembarking your ship. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=64095#post64095

Redemption - If only someone had listened to the desperate pleas of the players and CSM5 who asked from the beginning to have a disembark option added to the hangar for Incarna!