PDA

View Full Version : how many of you are still playing this

filingo
August 12 2011, 03:11:51 PM
and can we just have a single thread about it rather than a sub forum

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 12 2011, 04:06:34 PM
From the looks of the subforum, hardly anyone, and yes, get rid of this subforum and use a thread.

Game is pretty terrible tbh.

Jolin
August 12 2011, 04:28:33 PM
Everyone playing uses the private subforum anyway vOv

Marlona Sky
August 12 2011, 05:30:45 PM
I still play. Just not that much right now because I'm addicted to LoL. That is quickly becoming repetitive though. So look for me to log into PO a lot more very soon.

L'oiseau
August 12 2011, 10:02:20 PM
I do... sorta. Mainly logging in and using EP.

MicroNova
August 13 2011, 01:10:23 AM
Stockpiling EP and occasionally running the triangle.

Takon Orlani
August 13 2011, 02:32:12 AM
It was too grindy for me.

Marlona Sky
August 13 2011, 03:19:05 AM
Stockpiling EP and occasionally running the triangle.

Triangle nerf is just around the corner right?

Lana Torrin
August 13 2011, 03:58:10 AM
Sill playin almost every day crew checkin in.

I did say the derp private subforum was going to kill this forum..

filingo
August 13 2011, 10:42:32 AM
well lets get rid of this subforum, have a general thread and you guys can have your derp subforum all to yoselves?

deal?

Marlona Sky
August 13 2011, 10:59:11 AM
well lets get rid of this subforum, have a general thread and you guys can have your derp subforum all to yoselves?

deal?

Out of curiosity, does it matter if we keep this one or not?

MicroNova
August 13 2011, 03:02:23 PM
yep, 8-22.

Space Panda
August 13 2011, 09:39:26 PM
i log on and add EP, sometimes run the triangle. you all know why this sub forum became useless. ~~~~derp~~~~

Nicho Void
August 14 2011, 03:25:51 AM
Confirming game is pretty terrible.

Ashaz
August 15 2011, 12:06:30 PM
Got the game hoping for epic Mechwarrior style in an mmo with entertaining pve aswell as good pvp.

This shit got boring so damn fast. Felt like generic-Lineage2-clone with spiders-with-rollerskates. :(

Someone should make a WoT like game with huge mechs with loads of customization.

PraetorNZ
August 15 2011, 12:09:20 PM
since theres already a subforum tanks can have it \o/

Tailn
August 15 2011, 01:04:45 PM
Seems to me lack of dev hate and very little heavy handed moderation on the main forums means that most people are there rather than on FHC. BTW private forums not killed this one at all.

MicroNova
August 16 2011, 02:41:49 AM
I certainly don't want to make exceptions for this game, it has a long way to go before it will be ready for the masses.
At the same time, keep in mind that the max number of concurrent users is only around 900.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/2866/win-a-mk2-heavy-mech-of-your-choice/page/16/

Lana Torrin
August 16 2011, 03:30:08 AM
I certainly don't want to make exceptions for this game, it has a long way to go before it will be ready for the masses.
At the same time, keep in mind that the max number of concurrent users is only around 900.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/2866/win-a-mk2-heavy-mech-of-your-choice/page/16/

Agreeing with this. It needs a lot of work.. But has a huge amount of potential..

The reason it was 'released' was basically because it was costing the devs money and they couldn't afford to keep it free. So they did a soft release in the state that its in now and aren't advertising it.. If this project had money behind it, it would still be in beta, and the devs will tell you that.

At some point it will be good enough to start advertising and then the player count will increase, but they know its not at that point yet.. So by paying to play (or paying anyway) you are saying to the devs, keep up the good work because you start a chance as success.

Like I said I put 6 months in to it and im considering putting 6 months on my 2nd account in to it as well.. Unless they completely fuck something up I'm likely to put another 6 months in to it after that on both accounts.. But if its not ready after I have paid them something like $200 im going to be cutting my losses.. (ie, they have 12 months in my books to make it good enough to start attracting people on its own merit or im going to unsub)

One thing this has started me doing is thinking about how I would go about developing my own MMO (space based one).. If anyone has an ass tone of free time and wants to code a 3D engine for me (or take an existing free one and jazz it up) please PM me as im coming along well (like im seriously thinking about writing some of this stuff down, its getting quite complicated and in depth)

Marlona Sky
August 16 2011, 10:52:32 AM
I just bought my Mesmer. Totally fail in support skills, but I have it and am stomping around punting Arkhe's around like a boss.

Lana Torrin
August 16 2011, 01:35:22 PM
I just bought my Mesmer. Totally fail in support skills, but I have it and am stomping around punting Arkhe's around like a boss.
Yeah well.... I have an Epi source...

filingo
August 16 2011, 01:38:20 PM
Out of curiosity, does it matter if we keep this one or not?

if you are wandering around rocking out to some tunes played off your walkman do you keep the dead battery when you change it?

no

so as surely as the magnetic tape passes through the machine making glorious sound thus the forums of FHC continue to roll on

Lana Torrin
August 16 2011, 01:58:22 PM
if you are wandering around rocking out to some tunes played off your walkman do you keep the dead battery when you change it?

no

so as surely as the magnetic tape passes through the machine making glorious sound thus the forums of FHC continue to roll on

Really showing your age with that analogy...

filingo
August 16 2011, 02:01:37 PM
keeping it reel (to reel)

Gix Tyrionn
August 16 2011, 07:21:55 PM
Agreeing with this. It needs a lot of work.. But has a huge amount of potential..

The reason it was 'released' was basically because it was costing the devs money and they couldn't afford to keep it free. So they did a soft release in the state that its in now and aren't advertising it.. If this project had money behind it, it would still be in beta, and the devs will tell you that.

x2 Its a paid beta for a game that is potentially great.

If I wasn't a terribly broke student I'd be running several subs just to support them. That said its not worth playing a game where there are maybe 50 people in open pvp zones undocked and playing during peak times.

Lana Torrin
August 17 2011, 03:08:25 AM
x2 Its a paid beta for a game that is potentially great.

If I wasn't a terribly broke student I'd be running several subs just to support them. That said its not worth playing a game where there are maybe 50 people in open pvp zones undocked and playing during peak times.

I'm not a big fan of PvP and non-PvP zones...

filingo
August 17 2011, 09:46:40 AM
well ive asked entrox to close this forum.. lets see what happens

Spaztick
August 19 2011, 12:01:23 AM
Never played this game, just posting to +1 crew checking in.

Lana Torrin
August 19 2011, 03:35:18 AM
Never played this game, just posting to +1 crew checking in.
You should.. It'll make other MMOs look awesome!

L'oiseau
August 19 2011, 04:19:51 AM
You should.. It'll make other MMOs look awesome!
Honestly, I'm just too burnt out to care. Give it time and some fresh faces. The same things were probably said about EVE back in the day. Should probably axe the private forum too.

Tyrus Tenebros
August 20 2011, 02:47:54 AM
I might sub for another month to piss around and to gain EP in case they make it mindbreakingly awesome, but currently inactive due to being sucked in to Eve again.

Batolemaeus
August 20 2011, 05:59:18 PM
I'm moving, so I'm still playing theoretically, although I can't log in.
How you can get sucked into Eve is beyond my understanding though.

Marlona Sky
August 21 2011, 03:14:36 AM
I set the goal post pretty far away for CCP. Would take many, many, many fixes to get me sucked back into EVE.

Batolemaeus
August 21 2011, 09:13:56 AM
I didn't, I just want to have fun 0.0.
Far beyond CCP's capabilities though.

filingo
September 3 2011, 11:24:50 AM
i think this should go back to a megathread and this forum should be archived. :< :< :<

Space Panda
September 4 2011, 12:57:25 AM
this game is fucking dead. i logged on today and there were 9 people in the eve channel, and 1 (me) in the FHC channel. 160ish in general chat.

i have around 35k EP sitting around though.

Hehulk
September 4 2011, 09:56:14 AM
Oof (http://content.perpetuum-online.com/feeds/user_peak_graph_1200.png)

Lana Torrin
September 5 2011, 03:51:01 AM
this game is fucking dead. i logged on today and there were 9 people in the eve channel, and 1 (me) in the FHC channel. 160ish in general chat.

i have around 35k EP sitting around though.

Still enjoying myself crew checking in... I have noticed im the only person in the FHC channel a lot though (I might leave it soon).

The new 'random' spawns are fun if you can find one that doesn't spawn mechs..

I think the biggest issue with the game is that there currently is not a lot of room to expand.. The island layout they currently have is limited (not enough islands to support a large number of people, islands aren't big enough for more than 1 group to 'own' them, islands are too big for the population currently on them, etc.) and TBH they need bigger islands with more outposts on them and less in island teleporters (to promote walking places) and more inter-island teleporters (to allow people to jump from island to island more easily without being camped).

What they need is MUCH bigger islands and multiple outposts per island (a bit like the current alpha-1s but bigger) and a reason to go to these other outposts.. On a beta island like this it would be possible that 2 opposing groups take the outposts and then they can war on the island without having to 'gate camp' eachother in..

Jolin
September 6 2011, 07:59:44 PM
The missions have/had some weird balancing problems. The spawn points seem designed for two people and two people only. If I was the only one there, I'd have to constantly take cover, run away, spend extraordinary amounts of time repairing after having managed to only kill 1 npc etc etc. If there's 2 (including me), I could go at it like a champ until my hold was full. If there were 3, we were scrambling to tag spawns.

Lana Torrin
September 7 2011, 09:20:59 AM
The missions have/had some weird balancing problems. The spawn points seem designed for two people and two people only. If I was the only one there, I'd have to constantly take cover, run away, spend extraordinary amounts of time repairing after having managed to only kill 1 npc etc etc. If there's 2 (including me), I could go at it like a champ until my hold was full. If there were 3, we were scrambling to tag spawns.

I tried to explain this too them when I was a beginner... TBH, once you have about a months worth of skills under your belt you can pretty much just walk in to the low end spawns and solo them though, so the problem isn't that the spawns are too hard its that they are too hard for absolute beginners.. You also need to learn the trick of only getting one or two agroed and dragging them away from the others, once you get this down you can take on almost anything.

The skill progression going all the way up to 10 is a bit retarded as well.. On some skills this means that you are 50% or 100% better at something than a noob. Balancing this must be a nightmare..

Marlona Sky
September 14 2011, 03:30:48 AM
They have a new website skin up. lol, I know it's not much, but they are making changes here and there for the better, in game and out. They just moved to some bigger servers and a new location or something like that. Progress in the right direction for sure.

I feel bad for not logging in much, but that is due to me playing too much LoL right now.

Lana Torrin
September 14 2011, 05:47:32 AM
They have a new website skin up. lol, I know it's not much, but they are making changes here and there for the better, in game and out. They just moved to some bigger servers and a new location or something like that. Progress in the right direction for sure.

I feel bad for not logging in much, but that is due to me playing too much LoL right now.

Same servers, bigger server room.. Their ISP that they are hosting with moved.. Nothing really special, but they are still looking for a 'not in the ass end of the world' host..

PraetorNZ
September 18 2011, 09:37:47 AM
Oof (http://content.perpetuum-online.com/feeds/user_peak_graph_1200.png)
300 really :\ there was more than 300 in the nex channel when i was subbed

Lana Torrin
September 19 2011, 02:43:06 AM
300 really :\ there was more than 300 in the nex channel when i was subbed
NeX was like half the server.. And most of them have gotten bored and left...

I told you guys to not all join the same fsking corp..

Nicho Void
September 19 2011, 05:24:53 PM
http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?2442-Perpetuum-Welcoming-Bittervets-from-Eve&p=127730&viewfull=1#post127730

Lana Torrin
September 20 2011, 02:29:44 AM
http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?2442-Perpetuum-Welcoming-Bittervets-from-Eve&p=127730&viewfull=1#post127730

They knew, but they were doing the server upgrades anyway, and mostly the 'fix' for the pop count was to fix some code so the new servers weren't really needed.. They are also advertising a little bit now too and we seem to be picking up the odd player here and there (assuming my corp is 'normal', we got at least 3 new players last weekend). Currently their biggest problem is the new sov mechanics being delayed and the fact the servers are located in the ass end of the world.. The sov mechanics are coming real soon and the server move will be a bit after that (probably going to be in the UK like the eve servers)

Space Panda
September 20 2011, 06:05:55 AM
just logged in. 90 in general chat. i posted a traditional eve isk scam then logged.

:(

Lana Torrin
September 21 2011, 02:52:59 PM
just logged in. 90 in general chat. i posted a traditional eve isk scam then logged.

:(

Cos thats gona help login numbers...

You could like, DO something...