Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

with some damage drones / ewar / rr depending on your fleet composition

you could do an armor fit but i think this is a better fit

shoki
July 29 2011, 09:19:01 AM
don't you need a covert jump portal generator or somesuch on that to actually hotdrop shit?

DAN13L
July 29 2011, 09:26:09 AM
don't you need a covert jump portal generator or somesuch on that to actually hotdrop shit?
You only need the generator is you want to open a covert portal to a covert cyno, for cyno'ing in other ships then yourself. Could be used to jump in some SB's or Recons. Black Ops do not need the device to jump themselves, just like carriers don't need such a module.

Mr Marram
July 29 2011, 01:32:41 PM
You only need the generator is you want to open a covert portal to a covert cyno, for cyno'ing in other ships then yourself. Could be used to jump in some SB's or Recons. Black Ops do not need the device to jump themselves, just like carriers don't need such a module.

More like titans don't need the jump portal to cyno around but the do need it to bridge other ships to the cyno.

DAN13L
July 29 2011, 01:36:43 PM
More like titans don't need the jump portal to cyno around but the do need it to bridge other ships to the cyno.
So do Black Ops, only Black Ops can also do it to a Covert cyno m8.

Mr Marram
July 29 2011, 01:39:44 PM
Same shit different ship, I was trying to provide another example rather than argue that yours was false, sry mate.

zoturi
July 29 2011, 02:00:06 PM
[Panther, dropz]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Core A-Type 100MN MicroWarpdrive
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Invulnerability Field II

Dread Guristas Cloaking Device
Imperial Navy Heavy Energy Neutralizer
Imperial Navy Heavy Energy Neutralizer
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L

Large Core Defence Field Extender I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I

Ogre II x5

Ralara
July 30 2011, 06:18:38 AM
Same shit different ship, I was trying to provide another example rather than argue that yours was false, sry mate.

It's ok, he's Dutch.

Helen
July 30 2011, 08:10:26 AM
Stop arguing about the fucking jump portal generator, yes its required for portaling other ships around but then for that work you usually have a fit for it.

dongbutte
August 19 2011, 11:57:24 AM
If you "solo" (aka cyno with falcon alt, bring in a panther + maybe bridge a proteus or tengu, cvop hauler alt, another month and I can do a widow too) you think should shield or armor tank? The falcon I thought best to armor tank with web, point ,scram and some multispecs. Will I need remote reps to survive cyno cycle in the middle of a sanctum? cheers

Phatstabley
August 19 2011, 12:55:32 PM
If you "solo" (aka cyno with falcon alt, bring in a panther + maybe bridge a proteus or tengu, cvop hauler alt, another month and I can do a widow too) you think should shield or armor tank? The falcon I thought best to armor tank with web, point ,scram and some multispecs. Will I need remote reps to survive cyno cycle in the middle of a sanctum? cheers

Entirely depends on whether you own a falcon bpo. Otherwise tank it and bring a RR to save it.

ry ry
August 23 2011, 07:07:28 AM
Giant shieldcane fit looks v.cool, but feels like it'd be a bit fragile in anything but an ovewhelming gank (yeah, blops, I know ;)) is it possible to do a viable 1400 alpha panther and drop it at range?

Tyrus Tenebros
August 24 2011, 02:44:39 AM
Entirely depends on whether you own a falcon bpo. Otherwise tank it and bring a RR to save it.off the top of my head a falcon will need a LOT of help to survive in the middle of a sanctum.

laz0rz
November 26 2012, 03:03:53 PM
Hi guys,
is there any viable fit for "alpha"? i saw a video of a man sniping bombers/sabres that camped a gate. dunno how viable could be this kind of harassment.

other question, just for gank ratters in 0.0/low, using it like a giant cane could be possible? i would like to find some way to face at least 1 back-up BC that come to save the ratter without die like a tard...

Varcaus
November 26 2012, 09:36:20 PM
Hi guys,
is there any viable fit for "alpha"? i saw a video of a man sniping bombers/sabres that camped a gate. dunno how viable could be this kind of harassment.

other question, just for gank ratters in 0.0/low, using it like a giant cane could be possible? i would like to find some way to face at least 1 back-up BC that come to save the ratter without die like a tard...

If your into situation were you want alpha bs in a blops your doing it horribly wrong. As for the second part I don't see why not.

Tyrus Tenebros
November 26 2012, 10:26:16 PM
Now that he mentions it the no-decloak-delay + artillery and some SeBos could be hilarious

Cue1*
November 26 2012, 10:27:07 PM
Talk to Lords about that, he's done it before.

EDIT: Here's what I came up with:

[Panther, alpha lol]

Damage Control II
Reactor Control Unit II
Power Diagnostic System II

Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I

1400mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L
Improved Cloaking Device II

Large Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Large Projectile Collision Accelerator I

9.7k Alpha

If you're caught, you're dead.

OrangeAfroMan
November 27 2012, 02:30:53 AM
We have 1400mm setups to hotdrop and fight with but they are still experimental and super sekrit

laz0rz
November 27 2012, 10:53:03 AM
i took the idea of the instalock+arty from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpkScqhwYQ

OT: do u know corps or ally that make large use of BLOPS fleet?

OrangeAfroMan
November 27 2012, 01:17:33 PM
In Triumvirate we did, 10 man BOBS gangs or so (all Black Ops, no bombers or recons except our cov. cynos)

ShoNuff
November 27 2012, 01:59:44 PM
[Panther, Station Panther]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II

1400mm Howitzer Artillery II

Large Targeting System Subcontroller I
Large Targeting System Subcontroller I

This fit was used quite effectively against the terribleness that is TEST in our main system at the time. If memory serves the only reason he died when he did was because it was when cloaked ships would decloak each other and a bomber got lucky and decloaked him.

i took the idea of the instalock+arty from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpkScqhwYQ

OT: do u know corps or ally that make large use of BLOPS fleet?

I believe Dirt Nap squad may still do this, but I am not sure.

Marlona Sky
November 28 2012, 11:15:23 PM
Did an alpha snipe Panther once. Turns out popping a frigate belonging to a friend of a Russian who knew my IP address and is a notorious user of DDoS attacks on people he doesn't like, was a bad idea. Ahh good times...

Not really I was pretty pissed off. :mad:

Tyrus Tenebros
November 29 2012, 02:57:20 PM
Dat 7x stacking penalty.

LordsServant
December 2 2012, 04:40:25 AM
What that video doesn't show you is the true power of blackops - they have a non-marked reactivation buff. They can uncloak, instalock, instavolley, and recloak all in the space of 3-5 seconds. It makes for incredibly scary (and annoying) station camping on even the most guarded of stations.

I used this to great effect with a Redeemer I won on blink when I was in amarr FW. Auga undock wasn't safe for weeks ;P

laz0rz
December 2 2012, 07:54:14 AM
What that video doesn't show you is the true power of blackops - they have a non-marked reactivation buff. They can uncloak, instalock, instavolley, and recloak all in the space of 3-5 seconds. It makes for incredibly scary (and annoying) station camping on even the most guarded of stations.

I used this to great effect with a Redeemer I won on blink when I was in amarr FW. Auga undock wasn't safe for weeks ;P

Lords, u used redeemer just because u won it? because panther should do more alpha... btw the setup was almost the same? sebos and alpha? rigs?

thx o7

destabilizator
January 10 2014, 03:50:21 PM
Any fit suggestion for drops? All expanders in lows? Or some nanos? Cargo rigs or warpspeed to speed up moving to position? MJD I wanna, cap rechargers? Or some tank? I saw blops suicide ganked because it had just rechargers/expanders :> Trying to find good balance.

Cue1*
January 10 2014, 04:05:31 PM
Any fit suggestion for drops? All expanders in lows? Or some nanos? Cargo rigs or warpspeed to speed up moving to position? MJD I wanna, cap rechargers? Or some tank? I saw blops suicide ganked because it had just rechargers/expanders :> Trying to find good balance.

By drops you mean bridging? If it's just a bridge machine it doesn't really matter, but here's what I'd do(I use a Redeemer for this purpose).

[Panther, Bridge machine]

Damage Control II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800
Large Shield Extender II

Covert Jump Portal Generator I

Large Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Large Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Honestly you're better off doing a regular combat Panther and just offlining a gun or some such to make the bridge fit:

[Panther, Dropped]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800
Large Shield Extender II
Warp Disruptor II

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
Covert Jump Portal Generator I
Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

destabilizator
January 10 2014, 04:41:29 PM
That second fit doesn't fit on CPU, or is EFT trolling me?

Tetsuo
January 10 2014, 04:45:16 PM

Offline a gun when bridging

destabilizator
January 10 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Offline a gun when bridging

God am blind, thanks! :)

Karashur
January 10 2014, 07:16:23 PM
In my experience you should fit to either bridge or fight, not both. You will just end up doing both badly.

OrangeAfroMan
January 10 2014, 10:20:33 PM
Also a cap booster comes in real handy

The Gnome
January 12 2014, 05:20:15 PM

This.

Flying a blackops without cap booster, MJD and MWD is more or less pointless. It's all about mobility.

Karashur
January 17 2014, 03:14:13 PM

This.

Flying a blackops without cap booster, MJD and MWD is more or less pointless. It's all about mobility.

I have to disagree with this.

MJD is absolutely needed, without doubt, and a well timed MJD has got me out of a fight in structure more than once.

MWD is not needed for most ganks, with the possible exception of a Sin. While this might be more of a problem for a Sin, in my experience targets are so heavily webbed down that much more mobility is not needed. The only time this changes is when going for targets inside gated plex's, at which point MWD becomes required.

Despite it being generally accepted that a cap booster should be used on Black Ops, I have never needed on. If the gank goes well then you have an opportunity to safe up and clock awaiting stock cap regen. If it goes badly MJD + warp is enough. This would of course change if under very heavy neuts and you needed cap for a MJD cycle, but this is not common and tbh you are doing something wrong if you are jumping in to heavy neuts to begin with.

This is all based on actions with 2-5 other blops battle ships dropping with me.

OrangeAfroMan
January 17 2014, 06:41:22 PM
Its always good to be able to cap up immediately after a jump to jump again

The Gnome
January 19 2014, 02:01:59 PM
Its always good to be able to cap up immediately after a jump to jump again

Yeah, and hitting the cap booster immediately after it sucked your cap for jump, lets you fire off another charge when you load grid and be at 75% cap immediately. Makes a big difference on the Redeemer.

And the reason for MWD is those times when you need to position yourself off something quickly, pulse the MWD, cloak and you go 1km/s.

There are many things that can go wrong, having some default tools available help quite a bit.

ry ry
January 21 2014, 07:15:29 PM
being able to fast cap is vital.

Jump in, Mjd 2x faction gyros, right ammo for the range/target preloaded, overheat, gtfo before anybody can warp in or undock.

If you have to reposition its not a clean gank anymore, and you may aswell have titan bridged t3s or whatever.

Karashur
January 21 2014, 07:43:00 PM
I see literally no practical difference between that and MJD + cloak + wait for cap.

The only issues I've ever had with cap is catching fast tengus that break webs if were jumping with only 2 blops, as burning after them with MWD seriously hurts cap. But, situations like that are why I take double webs.

Either way, I guess either approach is just a matter of taste and gang dependent. So, for me to actually hdd something to this discussion -

Current fit:

[Panther, STHS MJD]
Internal Force Field Array I
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I
Large Micro Jump Drive
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Domination Stasis Webifier
Domination Stasis Webifier

Domination Large Proton Smartbomb
Domination Large Proton Smartbomb
Caldari Navy Cloaking Device

Large Trimark Armor Pump II
Large Processor Overclocking Unit II

Ogre II x5
Warrior II x10

ry ry
January 21 2014, 07:54:38 PM
If grid gets busy a mjd may not carry you far enough away to cloak safely, or there may not be time to spool up. I also had a neut on mine for double cowardice.

Its a personal preference thing to an extent, but I've been glad to have a surplus of cap more times than I've lost panthers.

Karashur
January 21 2014, 08:27:37 PM
I miss not having neuts, that is for sure, but after a few 1bn+ pod kills the smart bombs are too hard to take off. No doubt it will cost me the ship at some point.

Tbh though, if grid is too busy for 100km to get you relatively safe and youre in a blops, you are most likely dead anyway I'd have thought. Although, its also true that regardless you would stand a better chance with a cap booster. It just probably still wouldnt save you :D

OrangeAfroMan
January 21 2014, 09:09:00 PM
If you don't carry a cap booster, I hope you never have a vulnerable target that is 2 jumps away.

ry ry
January 22 2014, 05:32:46 PM
If you don't carry a cap booster, I hope you never have a vulnerable target that is 2 jumps away.
Oam is frequently silly, but this is super super important too.

A blops gank squad works best with whole flotillas of anonymous cyno alts swarming out around nearby regions, can't rely on finding something nearby.

If you are online, in system, and not in station and not on scan the usual suspects will spot the drop a mile off. Docking to recap at a mid costs precious seconds and means you will be onscan at least twice.

ry ry
January 23 2014, 07:10:24 AM
blops ganks are srs bsnss

Everything is srs bsnss.

Alien Afro
July 29 2014, 02:33:17 AM
Oam is frequently silly, but this is super super important too.

A blops gank squad works best with whole flotillas of anonymous cyno alts swarming out around nearby regions, can't rely on finding something nearby.

If you are online, in system, and not in station and not on scan the usual suspects will spot the drop a mile off. Docking to recap at a mid costs precious seconds and means you will be onscan at least twice.