PDA

View Full Version : Downloading videos from streaming sites

Al Simmons
July 20 2011, 09:18:57 AM
Help, I R bad at the internets and want to download videos. I use KeepVid and it works well for Youtube, and ok for Dailymotion but doesn't work on anything else. And googling this shit just gets you a bunch of spam sites. Halp!

Oh, also I have Bulk Image Downloader and its supposed to do videos too but I can't get it to work for videos.

Navigator Six
July 20 2011, 12:12:49 PM
Hm, not sure if this will do everything you need it to, but I've found Internet Download Manager (www.internetdownloadmanager.com) to be good for intercepting streams and such, and it's pretty easy to use (just set up a hotkey to intercept the next stream sent your way).

Al Simmons
July 20 2011, 01:15:10 PM
Hm, not sure if this will do everything you need it to, but I've found Internet Download Manager (www.internetdownloadmanager.com) to be good for intercepting streams and such, and it's pretty easy to use (just set up a hotkey to intercept the next stream sent your way).

GIMP is being a gimp and not letting me select parts of the image, so blah.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8626414/idm%20welp.jpg

I guess i'd used a trial previously? Don't remember that but I must have. Clearly they don't want my $25 though.

Nordstern
July 20 2011, 04:23:09 PM
RealPlayer has a plugin that lets you download flash vids. Divx also has a webplayer that uses non-Flash to play youTube, so you can watch 1080p vids on old hardware.

Airow
July 20 2011, 07:11:38 PM
install firefox
install the extension "DownloadHelper" 4.9.3 (this should download pretty much everything)

if you want to download a collection of images try this
http://www.httrack.com/

you can set it to only download images but it's easier to let it download the whole page (or a folder) and then filter for the images in your explorer.

edit:
if you want a good tool to take screenshots easily try out http://getgreenshot.org/ (it's really easy to use and you can erase sensible infos or place an arrow to point at something in a matter of few seconds.)

to convert downloaded flash videos to .wmv or .avi or any other format try out http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html (it will convert pretty much anything and you can even change fps, quality, proportions etc. if needed. It should be for free. If the new version isn't I can upload an older version.)

Al Simmons
July 20 2011, 08:32:41 PM
RealPlayer has a plugin that lets you download flash vids. Divx also has a webplayer that uses non-Flash to play youTube, so you can watch 1080p vids on old hardware.

Is Realplayer any good now? Last time I used it, it was a piece of shit.

install firefox
install the extension "DownloadHelper" 4.9.3 (this should download pretty much everything)

Yeah there's that, but I don't really want to have to fire up Firefox every time I want to download a video. I mean presumably that would be on Chrome if it wasn't for Google owning Youtube.

Joe Appleby
July 20 2011, 11:12:34 PM
JDownloader (http://www.jdownloader.org) is also good. It will look for files on the links you provide and offer to download whatever you want. Works nicely for any video site I encountered so far.

Al Simmons
July 22 2011, 10:34:40 AM
JDownloader (http://www.jdownloader.org) is also good. It will look for files on the links you provide and offer to download whatever you want. Works nicely for any video site I encountered so far.

I think that installed some other bullshit in my browser and changed my default search engine to "facemoods.com", took me a couple minutes to figure out what the fuck. So yeah, no thanks.

Joe Appleby
July 22 2011, 10:42:07 AM
I think that installed some other bullshit in my browser and changed my default search engine to "facemoods.com", took me a couple minutes to figure out what the fuck. So yeah, no thanks.
Hint, try reading the installation videos at least superfluously the next time. You had the chance to cancel that part of the install.

fng
July 22 2011, 11:38:05 AM
A lot of freeware do that shit, doesn't mean they are bad. Not reading the installation process on the other end is a strong indicator of retardness.

Al Simmons
July 24 2011, 02:18:41 PM
Hint, try reading the installation videos at least superfluously the next time. You had the chance to cancel that part of the install.

To install 99% of other software you click next, next, next, I accept, next, finish. But ok, i'm sure I should make a special exception for your bullshit adware.

Joe Appleby
July 24 2011, 03:06:03 PM
To install 99% of other software you click next, next, next, I accept, next, finish. But ok, i'm sure I should make a special exception for your bullshit adware.
You are a dip shit.

A lot of freeware do that shit, doesn't mean they are bad. Not reading the installation process on the other end is a strong indicator of retardness.

Spawinte
July 24 2011, 04:42:32 PM
Firefox + flashgot addon seeks out video items on almost any site. Bring up the addon bar or add flashgot button somewhere on one of the toolbars. It will link up with most download managers, I use free download manager.

Nordstern
July 24 2011, 09:55:06 PM
Is Realplayer any good now? Last time I used it, it was a piece of shit.
I guess it still is. Less annoying than before, but still bloated. Some of the MP4 vids I have play flawlessly on it, in contrast to Windows Media Player. I use it for anime and some EVE vids.

Al Simmons
July 24 2011, 11:45:42 PM
You are a dip shit.

Nope, seeing as I have actually installed a lot of free programs in my time; and the vast majority of them don't do anything of the sort. I mean there's a couple you have to watch out for, like anything from Apple, and Winamp now with the AOL bullshit. But I wasn't expecting to have to do so with some stupid video downloader recommended by a denizen of this forum. Get out of here.

To the others, I guess i'll try the Firefox stuff, though am still not thrilled with having to run a second browser just for this. Will have a go with Realplayer I guess (vomits).

Aea
July 25 2011, 03:51:37 AM
Nope, seeing as I have actually installed a lot of free programs in my time; and the vast majority of them don't do anything of the sort. I mean there's a couple you have to watch out for, like anything from Apple, and Winamp now with the AOL bullshit. But I wasn't expecting to have to do so with some stupid video downloader recommended by a denizen of this forum. Get out of here.

To the others, I guess i'll try the Firefox stuff, though am still not thrilled with having to run a second browser just for this. Will have a go with Realplayer I guess (vomits).

Seeing as somebody who has actually trolled a lot in his time, oh wai-