July 16 2011, 09:14:07 PM
http://tera-europe.com/en/

looks interesting, may well be giving this a go

Intigo
July 16 2011, 09:17:41 PM
looks like trashy asian mmo #583

Ohh_No
July 16 2011, 11:42:44 PM
Have a friend going ballistic over this game and how it's going to be great.

Looks like Aion with third person shooter elements, aka shit korean garbage

filingo
July 17 2011, 08:38:54 AM
almost clunge shot on the link tho

and you can play as a fat armoured bear

gotta count for something

Cerzi
July 17 2011, 01:17:54 PM
Yeah everyone's hyped that this game will revolutionize MMOs, but I agree with the korean-hatin' itt. looks like more of the same + compulsory number of "innovative" gimmicks (which is also more of the same).

orcane
July 17 2011, 09:00:49 PM
Looks pretty. Usually that's all these Korean (or wherever it's from, definitely looks like a visual clone of Lineage 2 and Aion) games are good for though.

Winged Nazgul
July 17 2011, 09:24:33 PM
I'll admit I'd be a lot more hyped about this title if I'd never played Aion.

EntroX
July 17 2011, 11:25:47 PM
looks shit do not want

Phrixus Zephyr
July 18 2011, 02:22:12 AM
Oh look, you can play as bears and 12 year old girls. Oh you azns..

Cerzi
July 18 2011, 02:33:47 AM
Looks pretty. Usually that's all these Korean (or wherever it's from, definitely looks like a visual clone of Lineage 2 and Aion) games are good for though.

Disagree, the art in most asian games are made primarily of graphical MSG, just like the food.

Skeptic
February 3 2012, 12:18:22 PM
http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/tera-online-sneak-peek-access-key-giveaway

Sneak peak pre-beta event tommorow.

Tyrus Tenebros
February 4 2012, 12:57:56 AM
Got to the part of the features page where it implied PvP was limited only to organized battlegrounds.

Closed Window.

Mavolio
February 4 2012, 01:20:46 AM
Got to the part of the features page where it implied PvP was limited only to organized battlegrounds.

Closed Window.

Its not, its based on the Political system as well. Who ever runs a zone can enable open world FFA PvP like in AoC!!. Maybe keep reading next time? ;)

The political system sounds like its going to be a big factor and is either going to be good or udder fail. If you have a big Russian guild on your server then good luck getting involved with that as they will own ever zone.

Perry
February 4 2012, 09:57:59 AM
Three more hours until i can play as a little girl chasing down mosters with huge tentacl... wait a minute.

Skeptic
February 4 2012, 10:11:38 AM
27 gig download better be decent.

Warpath
February 4 2012, 12:07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVQW1HAKNI0

Perry
February 4 2012, 01:41:09 PM
Login and Game Servers have died. Good job. Will certainly preorder. ;)

Kilabi
February 4 2012, 01:47:40 PM
They are simulating a proper MMO release they with it. Good sneak-peak imho.

Isyel
February 4 2012, 02:16:47 PM
They can't even manage logins for when they know *exactly* the number of keys sent out, no surprises or anything. Oh lol.

Rosur2
February 4 2012, 03:12:58 PM
Reckon I will try this at least for the 1st month if I like they do an open beta.

Perry
February 4 2012, 03:37:45 PM
News at 11, they are updating their Hardware. Maybe we can log in tomorrow and actually create a character before it all collapses again under the incredible pressure of 5000 Users.

Isyel
February 4 2012, 04:36:45 PM
This is hilarious.

orcane
February 4 2012, 08:20:21 PM
This is hilarious.
Also surprising.

Isyel
February 4 2012, 09:14:17 PM
This is hilarious.
Also surprising.

I'll have to admit it is actually surprising because they've now given up. XD

Skeptic
February 4 2012, 09:21:43 PM
Dont really understand this at all. The fact its already been live in Japan for six months you would expect they have all the infrastructure in place, just makes who ever is handling this european launch look like a bunch of complete amateurs. Concidering how easy it was to get one of these codes im not surprised at this one bit.

evil edna
February 4 2012, 09:51:05 PM
looks terrible

Winged Nazgul
February 4 2012, 10:44:44 PM
looks terrible

Independent boob physics is pretty cutting edge for a MMO.

Warpath
February 5 2012, 07:23:22 AM
Dont really understand this at all. The fact its already been live in Japan for six months you would expect they have all the infrastructure in place, just makes who ever is handling this european launch look like a bunch of complete amateurs. Concidering how easy it was to get one of these codes im not surprised at this one bit.

Different publisher handling the euro side of things iirc? (Frogster i believe?)

Perry
February 5 2012, 08:54:23 AM
Twitter news:
We'll update you if we have a new start time for the sneak peek event, like we mentioned yersterday. Until then, enjoy this cold day.
There is of course a chance, but we don't want to make any promise currently. ~Raven

My Loli Backbone... :x

Perry
February 5 2012, 01:05:47 PM
No sneak peek event today. Disappoint. If i could ragequit an unpaid service i would. :facepalm:

Tailn
February 6 2012, 03:30:42 PM
Seems they are saying this was an issue that surpassed merely overloaded servers, frogster had to wait to go back to the developers regarding problems with the account management system. IMHO I bet it is something as silly as a missing index (not that we will ever know). Mind you looks like when it is working we may get an extended sneak peek or some other sort of gesture so for those of us either not that bothered or bit a modicum of patience every thing is good.
Lolz at the Rage in the face book posts.

Perry
February 7 2012, 04:16:31 PM
ITS ONLINE !!! (for 2 hours, be quick or eat s...ausages) :lol:

Spaztick
February 7 2012, 05:18:04 PM

Closed Window.

Isyel
February 7 2012, 09:54:27 PM

Closed Window.

So basically you failed even harder, because you didn't even read the response to the post you quoted. :P

Tyrus Tenebros
February 7 2012, 11:47:54 PM

Closed Window.

So basically you failed even harder, because you didn't even read the response to the post you quoted. :P
The "rulers set PvP rules" system seems like it will be so hilariously open to exploitation, C/D?

Isyel
February 8 2012, 02:19:45 AM
I very much imagine it so. :P

Seriously though, for all their faults, Korean MMOs tend to put a lot of value into their PvP, i doubt "warzones only" is acceptable at all there. :P

Mavolio
February 8 2012, 02:41:35 AM
If you don't allow PvP in an area then most of the PvP'ers will go some where else and all the care bears will end up in that area. Then if you can invade an area it will be all the grifers and gankers vs people who dont like to PvP.....

It will be the best thing EVER!:evil:

orcane
February 8 2012, 06:44:48 AM

Seriously though, for all their faults, Korean MMOs tend to put a lot of value into their PvP, i doubt "warzones only" is acceptable at all there. :P
A lot of value into their specific PvP niche ideas like castle sieges, not necessarily into balancing that, or classes, or making compelling gameplay beyond "bring every buffbot class available or go home" and "the guys who grinded botted a few levels higher win" ;)

dr axler
February 8 2012, 07:42:46 AM
will try

Isyel
February 8 2012, 09:57:05 AM

A lot of value into their specific PvP niche ideas like castle sieges, not necessarily into balancing that, or classes, or making compelling gameplay beyond "bring every buffbot class available or go home" and "the guys who grinded botted a few levels higher win" ;)

Well, true, but they always have it in some form or another. :P

Kilabi
February 8 2012, 11:36:50 AM
The few korean MMOs I tried had a surprisingly high ammount of PvP.

Last I tried was Uncharted Waters online, really good game but very asian-grindy (which is a whole new level of grindy). But on the PvP side of things everyone was fair game except in the controlled waters in the North sea and some mediteranian waters. America, Africa, Asia and even the East sea were full pvp and even full loot. It was basically what i expected PotbS to be in the beginning.
I think they really want it that way over there because they like the competitive side of gaming a lot. Unlike the western mass of gamers who wants to be led through the adventure and reach everything fast to fill the need for accomplishment. Talking about the mass of gamers here of course.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Edit: Fun-side-fact, traveling from London to Egypt took me around 1,5h iirc in Uncharted Waters. So much for proper scale in games.

Winged Nazgul
February 8 2012, 12:10:58 PM
Koreans like their PVP cut-throat and their PVE grindy. I don't think this game is going to deviate that much from the Korean norm.

orcane
February 8 2012, 12:24:32 PM
The cut-throat is just pretence, give them stuff like instant escape scrolls or the possibility to just bot away XP/item loss and they all jump at it.

Perry
February 8 2012, 12:45:58 PM
Servers are up for 3 more hours... Game is surprisingly enjoyable and has great physics... for the boobs.

Eard
February 8 2012, 02:04:10 PM
The few korean MMOs I tried had a surprisingly high ammount of PvP.

Last I tried was Uncharted Waters online, really good game but very asian-grindy (which is a whole new level of grindy). But on the PvP side of things everyone was fair game except in the controlled waters in the North sea and some mediteranian waters. America, Africa, Asia and even the East sea were full pvp and even full loot. It was basically what i expected PotbS to be in the beginning.
I think they really want it that way over there because they like the competitive side of gaming a lot. Unlike the western mass of gamers who wants to be led through the adventure and reach everything fast to fill the need for accomplishment. Talking about the mass of gamers here of course.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Edit: Fun-side-fact, traveling from London to Egypt took me around 1,5h iirc in Uncharted Waters. So much for proper scale in games.

Shit, I was going to try this since I loved the snes games, but forgot about it during the wait for US launch. Probably skip if it's super grindy though

Kilabi
February 8 2012, 03:23:23 PM
Still very enjoyable and loads of stuff to do. Fight, trade and explore as much as you want.
It getīs grindy if you wanna be the best at something as you have to raise skills to advance to a certain job. No level as you know them though makes a nice new system. Hard to explain in few words but i liked it. Stopped because once again I was playing a MMO alone which makes it boring fast.

Winged Nazgul
February 14 2012, 09:27:58 PM
http://youtu.be/uLIET2Gs8t8

IceBlock
February 15 2012, 06:54:34 AM
I for one is looking forward to this game - combat is supposed to be real-time and not roll-dice?

Isyel
February 15 2012, 09:18:27 AM
I for one is looking forward to this game - combat is supposed to be real-time and not roll-dice?

It is, combat is really good tbh. The rest of the game is very korean, except from what i hear there is a lot less grind than in aion for example, but i wouldn't trust that completely. :P

lubica
February 15 2012, 09:23:21 AM
There is still probably enough grind in it to make vanilla WoW look casual. :korean:

Winged Nazgul
February 15 2012, 09:35:57 AM
The reason Asian MMO's play the way they do is because their market consists of gamers playing in Internet cafes and not the typical Western forever-alone gamer. So don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Isyel
February 15 2012, 11:21:42 AM
The reason Asian MMO's play the way they do is because their market consists of gamers playing in Internet cafes and not the typical Western forever-alone gamer. So don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Pretty much... it's like always being on TS, but better. :P Apparently tera wasn't very popular there due to a lack of grind, take that as you wish.

Also it's because they often pay by time played...

Winged Nazgul
March 15 2012, 06:53:11 PM
Free Tera beta keys:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/get-your-free-tera-beta-keys-here/

Intigo
March 15 2012, 07:19:04 PM
Neato - time to try it out I guess. I see no way I will be playing Tera once GW 2 releases, though. Nothing has really amazed me so far

Thanks~

Kilabi
March 15 2012, 07:36:50 PM
US/NA codes? Does not work for me, invalid code.

Winged Nazgul
March 15 2012, 08:44:17 PM
Guess so.

Kilabi
March 15 2012, 09:02:18 PM
FFS, only had the link to the code directly.

The codes are for "En Masse" not for the TERA europe account. So yes US codes.

Levark
March 15 2012, 11:50:51 PM
try http://www.mmorpg.com 7000 keys left

Winged Nazgul
March 15 2012, 11:59:50 PM
If it's still just for US, just make an En Masse account. It's beta, I don't think they discriminate IP's.

Winged Nazgul
March 21 2012, 05:17:53 AM
And more beta keys for US Tera:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/20/howsabout-another-5000-tera-closed-beta-keys/

Guess they really want to stress-test this weekend's beta event.

Space Panda
March 21 2012, 06:19:04 AM
this game looks a lot better than swtor, and the combat seems more interesting. i wonder how the world pvp will turn out... wouldn't mind rolling a panda.

Winged Nazgul
March 25 2012, 12:23:53 AM
First impressions are that the combat seems to be the saving grace of this MMO. Everything else we have seen before from Eastern and Western-style MMO's. I don't think it's really worth paying a box fee and subscription price when you have F2P MMO's like Vindictus and Dragon Nest with better and more visceral combat IMO.

Still, it does look pretty though.

Winged Nazgul
April 9 2012, 11:56:34 AM
I managed to also get into the last closed beta weekend event and still was not too impressed. I finally figured out what was feeling so wrong about this supposedly "revolutionary" action combat that was promised. The fact that spells and abilities root you, as they go through their animations, in place is a really weird design decision. The net effect it that it doesn't really feel all that different from regular hotbar combat which also does the same thing.

Might be fun with an established group but you can say that about any MMO. I expect it to go F2P some time after release.

Intigo
April 9 2012, 10:14:50 PM
archeage only interesting mmo besides ps2 & gw2, k~

IceBlock
April 12 2012, 06:39:42 AM
Open Beta begins from april 20 to 23. :D

pratell
April 23 2012, 05:47:44 AM
open beta went pretty well, first time i'd played. up to level 15 now. it feels a lot like guild wars, granted i never played that a whole lot even though i own all the boxes. pvp was pretty fun.

oh also the open beta has been extended until monday night at midnight.

XenosisReaper
May 6 2012, 07:45:40 PM
So...apparently it's released?

Anyone got it/care?

Tellenta
May 6 2012, 09:22:09 PM
besides pedophilia does this game offer anything?

Zacheria Malfor
May 6 2012, 09:53:43 PM
Been playing this around work since headstart, it's a lot of fun so far. The PvE is engaging and can get very interesting in dungeons or killing BAMs (Big Ass Monsters), the level of skill required from the player varies from class to class and the rating system implemented by the development teams is pretty spot on imo.

> The PvP can be really fun and intense where a single mistake can cost you dearly.

> There isn't really a massive death penalty in the game though, just a percentage chance to lose crystals from your item load out.

> The game is very item dependent but there is no crappy PvP specific statistics.

> The glyph system allows you to customise your characters abilities and gives spice to the game.

In my eyes the game is a really good MMO where the dev team have a clear direction in mind. The combat is what makes the game at the end of the day and that is all it really needs.

XenosisReaper
May 9 2012, 07:50:48 PM
Is anyone playing this on EU with a spare friend key? I want to try it before I sink Ģ40 into it

depili
May 9 2012, 08:08:33 PM
http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/8/1/6/8/1/tera_2.png

at least this game has realistic armor.

Ruri
May 9 2012, 09:02:13 PM
http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/8/1/6/8/1/tera_2.png

at least this game has realistic armor.

Best reason to play it imo. I feel like Tera is staring at me through the internet. It knows I won't get my next fix of GW2 for a long time, and any other flings or betas in the meantime won't last. It knows my friends still play WoW but that I'm bored to tears with it because I've seen every last pixelated inch of Azeroth and all I want out of a game is to explore and see and do all the things and it's got all these shiny new continents full of boob elves and pederasts and it promises a combat system that might possibly be worth the near-Korean levels of grind that it comes saddled with.

Gah!

Jason Marshall
May 9 2012, 09:07:28 PM
The combat system makes it feel alot less grindy than it is. Altho im just hitting level 30 and dunno anything about the end game.

Skeptic
May 9 2012, 09:31:01 PM
the end game.

Watched a few livestreams of hardmode runs and farming, looked very cool and fun but dont know how much replayability it has. They were complaining about broken loot tables a lot. Would normally jump on something like this but with d3 next week and gw2 soon really cant justify starting up yet another sub based MMO.

http://www.own3d.tv/Alleriya

XenosisReaper
May 10 2012, 12:10:01 PM
FUCKING FUCK.

Ordered Tera Standard from the EU store, money left my account, no game showed up in my account

spasm
May 10 2012, 06:34:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfaCo6NOiEQ

Space Panda
May 10 2012, 08:24:32 PM
wow.

dr axler
May 20 2012, 08:41:54 AM
Anybody playing this on EU?

XenosisReaper
May 20 2012, 10:41:45 AM

Me, character on Essenia called Gasai, currently level 33

dr axler
May 20 2012, 10:43:19 AM

Thank you, see you there when the damn thing downloads...

XenosisReaper
May 20 2012, 10:58:44 AM

Heh, be aware that there are a whole load of bugs with the installer and then the launcher.

Also make sure you install it to the correct Program Files folder depending on what version of windows you're using (32/64 bit)

dr axler
May 20 2012, 12:18:02 PM

Heh, be aware that there are a whole load of bugs with the installer and then the launcher.

Also make sure you install it to the correct Program Files folder depending on what version of windows you're using (32/64 bit)

its downloading into (x86) and I have 64...perfect...
though it defaulted to this...are you sure though? rarely see apps going into that folder...

a little over 2 hours left, we will see then.

Also, popori lancer looked the most interesting, but I hear there are things with hitboxes to consider. Yes, no, maybe?

dr axler
May 20 2012, 01:37:03 PM
was on sale on amazon today for 25 bucks, and will be again on the 26th. US only though...

dr axler
May 20 2012, 04:19:31 PM
as it turns out, 2 hours was extremely optimistic :D

dr axler
May 23 2012, 01:34:40 PM
Ok, so far the game is loads of fun. The quests are mostly like vanilla wow. Go there, kill, collect, harvest, talk, move on. I don't know why, but it somehow does not feel as grindy though. I think it is because of the combat system. Its actually quite fun to master the mobs and all of their moves so you can block/evade them. You are a lot more involved. And it does not get grindy cause when you master them you move on to new mobs and new moves.

I know people say graphics aren't important but god damn the game is pretty. Its on a whole other lvl, as you would expect from a Korean studio. I especially like the mob designs, very original.

Enjoying the game very much, maybe not because it is good, don't know that yet, but because it is finally different than the last 5 mmos I played...

Frug
May 23 2012, 01:50:48 PM
besides pedophilia does this game offer anything?

Welcome to generic mmo #273. It has slutty adult women too.

XenosisReaper
May 23 2012, 03:14:41 PM
Hooray, exploited the enchanting bug, +9 gear all round.

Isyel
May 24 2012, 02:44:23 AM
Ok, so far the game is loads of fun. The quests are mostly like vanilla wow. Go there, kill, collect, harvest, talk, move on. I don't know why, but it somehow does not feel as grindy though. I think it is because of the combat system. Its actually quite fun to master the mobs and all of their moves so you can block/evade them. You are a lot more involved. And it does not get grindy cause when you master them you move on to new mobs and new moves.

I know people say graphics aren't important but god damn the game is pretty. Its on a whole other lvl, as you would expect from a Korean studio. I especially like the mob designs, very original.

Enjoying the game very much, maybe not because it is good, don't know that yet, but because it is finally different than the last 5 mmos I played...

The environments mostly look like shit tho except for a few rare cases.

XenosisReaper
May 24 2012, 08:13:47 AM

Denied

dr axler
May 24 2012, 05:43:03 PM
Hooray, exploited the enchanting bug, +9 gear all round.

Please let me know if they do anything at all about it. Either remove your enchants or punish you in any way. I mean they posted on the forums how they are gonna remove enchants and temp ban those who exploited. I know they won't temp ban anyone, and I'm quite sure they won't remove them either, but just in case they do, let me know.

Am I the only one who thinks this is game breaking? I mean I would reroll on a new server if one opened up, cause +9 is just too much...

hmm. I would have to disagree. Well what do you mean by environments, and what do you mean by shit :)
edit: also are you playing?

XenosisReaper
May 24 2012, 06:00:22 PM
The way I see it, +9 is the bare minimum if you want to do end game hard mode, and atm (not exploiting) it can take up to 1 million gold to get full +9, and that's before any crafting (up to +12)

I think of it as skipping a weeks worth of stupid broken korean grinding, especially after frogster removed all the crafting guild quests.

dr axler
May 24 2012, 10:06:19 PM
oh man, the US servers seem to be getting much more love. I wonder how bad the latency would be...

actually considering reroling on US servers...

heh, it actually says you can play on US servers if you are from europe on EME site: https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/147/~/playing-tera-outside-of-north-america
I wonder where they keep their servers...

XenosisReaper
May 25 2012, 12:05:23 AM
oh man, the US servers seem to be getting much more love. I wonder how bad the latency would be...

heh, it actually says you can play on US servers if you are from europe on EME site: https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/147/~/playing-tera-outside-of-north-america

I would probably reroll if I didn't love warrior tanking so much, it would be pretty hard to do with 200-400 ping

Isyel
May 25 2012, 02:51:20 AM

This is not at all surprising. Generally if you want to play an imported korean game european companies always fail at it a lot more than american ones.

And environments being shit, i meant just that. Except for a few cases it looks very bland and low quality. And i played the weekend betas, no intention on playing the actual game. Hell, i could play it here in korea at a pc room for free but meh.

Frug
May 25 2012, 04:09:43 AM
here in korea
There are so many starcraft jokes on the tip of my tongue and not one will come out. I'M SO FRUSTRATED.

Isyel
May 25 2012, 04:49:16 AM
here in korea
There are so many starcraft jokes on the tip of my tongue and not one will come out. I'M SO FRUSTRATED.

when an incredibly cute girl you just met asks you if you play starcraft, because she loves it, you know it's a good place :P Also not the first time :P

dr axler
May 25 2012, 06:33:02 AM
160 ping to the US servers. Sadly too much for a game like this.

If you are lucky enough to live there, get it tomorrow on Amazon, its gonna be like 25$...so unfair...anyone need a programmer and is willing to sponsor my work visa :D

Isyel
May 25 2012, 07:03:31 PM
160 ping is like nothing, how the hell did you manage to get that ping to the us? O_o

dr axler
May 28 2012, 06:37:59 AM
160 ping is like nothing, how the hell did you manage to get that ping to the us? O_o

Went to the EME site, found support, without even registering I got a live chat with a GM (that is awesome support, you won't get that here) and he told me the location of the server (Chicago) and he gave me an IP (I think it was of a local university) which I could ping to get a general idea of how long it would take for traffic to get there. It averaged at around 160 ping. You need 60 to play normally (what you are used to in lol for example).

He told me it is doable, and that people are indeed doing it, but that I should expect lagspikes...

zangorus
May 29 2012, 07:38:54 PM
Gief tell a friend key pls

XenosisReaper
May 29 2012, 08:03:36 PM
Gief tell a friend key pls

EU or NA?

dr axler
May 30 2012, 07:59:16 PM
Actually if anyone could get me a NA key so I can test the lag I would be grateful :)

Helfix
June 1 2012, 06:50:34 PM
I would also like a gief a friend key...got some D3 spare keys that go to end of act 1 in exchange too :D

dr axler
June 2 2012, 06:39:02 PM
For tera Europe key pm me your email

Levark
June 18 2012, 10:19:10 PM
someone is actually still playing the game on eu servers? there is no trial yet and i want to try the game out, any spare key? thx!

XenosisReaper
June 18 2012, 10:35:31 PM
someone is actually still playing the game on eu servers? there is no trial yet and i want to try the game out, any spare key? thx!

Theres some wacky streaming demo out, I gave away my key a while ago, but I'm still playing...

If only because I'm one of the few who's computers can actually handle Nexus without CTD.

Being 60 is pretty boring, I exploited my way to max gear and now I have literally nothing to do beside farm rep and sit on the AH making gold.

Intigo
June 19 2012, 12:04:03 AM
this game is terrible

also, there's a NA trial you can try for free

Levark
June 19 2012, 12:09:36 AM
yes, i know there is a NA trial, but it seems to have an ip restriction, thats why i am asking for a europe key, might be terrible, thats why i wanna try it and not buy it without checking it out.

Winged Nazgul
June 19 2012, 12:11:02 AM
Go here for streaming demo:

http://www.gaikai.com/

Levark
June 19 2012, 12:17:01 AM
"Your bandwidth has dropped below the minimum required for quality gameplay. Please quit other connected applications or services and try again." until F2P will be then. ='(

Intigo
June 19 2012, 12:17:35 AM
yes, i know there is a NA trial, but it seems to have an ip restriction, thats why i am asking for a europe key, might be terrible, thats why i wanna try it and not buy it without checking it out.

dafuq you on about? I played it through Europe, worked fine

or are you in Asia and they block you because "lol-gold-farmer"?

XenosisReaper
June 19 2012, 12:18:51 AM

They do the same for anywhere east of Germany AFAIK.

Levark
June 19 2012, 12:20:18 AM

not in europe right not, well might get also ip restriction for eu servers also, so wtv.

Loire
August 15 2012, 11:10:45 PM
The females really don't like clothes in this game...

Anyone on JC?

XenosisReaper
August 16 2012, 12:53:23 AM
I've basically given up on this game for now, at least on the EU servers, I've basically finished endgame and theres no real reason to keep playing other than the GvG battles or propaganda posting on the official forums (worse than CAOD)

Loire
August 16 2012, 05:56:04 AM
I've basically given up on this game for now, at least on the EU servers, I've basically finished endgame and theres no real reason to keep playing other than the GvG battles or propaganda posting on the official forums (worse than CAOD)

I've gotten really tired of the typical MMO thing lately to the point of extreme ennui and I need to try something at least slightly different. So far I'm appreciating the combat system up to level 15 although I'm noticing that the NPC ai isn't exactly hard mode.

Skeptic
February 9 2013, 03:19:47 PM
Went F2P so I took the client last night but I think it was an 18 gig download.

Kilabi
February 9 2013, 03:52:20 PM
What exactly are the F2P setbacks?

fake edit: got it

http://tera-europe.com/tera-club.html

Does not look too bad. Half dungeon rewards could be a pain, but looks like it only counts for tokens. And club members get double XP/gold/rep for 1h/daily. Also nothing too bad for me. Think I could try it again, liked the combat system in beta.

evil edna
February 9 2013, 03:56:29 PM
looks terable

Winged Nazgul
February 9 2013, 03:57:13 PM
Went F2P so I took the client last night but I think it was an 18 gig download.

Do yourself a favor and go into launcher/tools, turn off P2P sharing then restart the launcher if you don't want to download the client all week.

Kilabi
February 9 2013, 04:00:53 PM
looks terable

That is why I love you.

Loire
February 9 2013, 05:18:00 PM
TERA had an exceptionally fun combat system and it was pretty as fuck to look at but the innards were the same ol' quest-quest-quest new hub quest-quest-quest- new hub bullshit.

The players were also retarded: "How are you tanking so well!?" "I'm using my shield?" "How are you keeping the boss from spawning his adds!?" "Well you'll notice he runs to the center of the arena when he does that so I just leash him..."

Like pattern recognition is a difficult process.

Melichor
May 20 2013, 04:29:33 AM
So I have been playing this since its free and what not. Currently have a 51 archer while the gf is rolling with a mystic. I know not a lot of FHC'ers, if any are playing but was wondering if anyone at all plays this still.

XenosisReaper
May 20 2013, 10:27:52 AM
So I have been playing this since its free and what not. Currently have a 51 archer while the gf is rolling with a mystic. I know not a lot of FHC'ers, if any are playing but was wondering if anyone at all plays this still.

I play this far too much, but on EU servers ;_;

Level 60 full +12 Warrior and a Level 60 PVP geared archer

QuackBot
May 20 2013, 12:00:11 PM

Archer is a giant fatty. Devec is a fat gutter slut.

lubica
May 20 2013, 12:06:56 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to QuackBot again.

Kilabi
May 20 2013, 09:47:13 PM

I feel your pain. :(

L'oiseau
May 21 2013, 01:07:51 AM

Got your back.

Also, I too am partaking of this mmo. Rolled a Lancer on Mount Tyrannas. Prob going to try a few other classes out.

Melichor
May 21 2013, 05:02:56 AM
Currently on Tempest Reach. Been enjoying it so far and getting closer to 60

XenosisReaper
May 21 2013, 10:36:07 AM
mfw so many failed elin costume boxes

WHY

At least I picked up and Icegrip skin off the AH for 200g because lolscrubs

QuackBot
May 21 2013, 12:00:11 PM

Quackbot quackbot quackbot.

Lief Siddhe
May 21 2013, 12:07:32 PM
It's starting to scare me tbfh.

DaneJa
May 22 2013, 04:33:57 AM
Every day it seems a little more consistently on point.

Kilabi
May 26 2013, 04:52:24 PM
Guess I will download this over night. Played for a bit in beta and thought it was reasonable fun so why not.

Isyel
May 26 2013, 05:02:10 PM
Game is actually pretty damn fun and the f2p model is done well imo.

XenosisReaper
May 26 2013, 05:07:48 PM
Full +9 Regents gear get.

Scrubs get on my level

(XenosisReaper, Server: Killian EU, Guild: Pettan Co)

Kilabi
May 26 2013, 05:13:54 PM
Any classes in demand right now? Guess healers as always? Or I would just do a tank class with good CC if there is something like that. Have to look at it some more.

Isyel
May 26 2013, 05:23:21 PM
Tanks get you groups in miliseconds.

XenosisReaper
May 26 2013, 05:25:31 PM
Any classes in demand right now? Guess healers as always? Or I would just do a tank class with good CC if there is something like that. Have to look at it some more.

Right:

DPS Classes:

Warrior: Basically a rogue from other MMO's, lots of mobility, high damage but fairly squishy if you don't dodge or block shit, they added a block mechanic a while back which also lets them tank dungeons (if you know what you're doing, and afaik warrior tanks are frowned upon when doing endgame stuff because they die pretty much instantly if you fuck up)

Slayer: Lightly armored, but a bit tankier than the warrior. Uses a 2 handed sword and does lots of AoE damage, nothing newish here. Along with Berzerker, the slayer starts off fights with 0 mana, and has to attack to gain mana and use better abilities.

Archer: What do you think it does? Focuses on kiting and traps, but atm they're a bit lackluster in PVE because their DPS is the lowest of all the DPS classes. In PvP they're either oneshot or unkillable, depending on gear and how good you are.

Berzerker: BIG AXE BIG DAMAGE SPINNING AND LOLS.

Sorceror: Highest DPS in the game, hilarious AoE power and a bit of mobility from spells. Suffers a bit in PvP because other classes can be difficult to hit (warriors and archers can shit on this class if they pay attention and dodge snares)

Tank Class

Lancer: Virtually unkillable as long as you pay attention to mob attacks, can block all damage to the front with it's shield and can also put out surprisingly high DPS in a cone to it's front. It's really the only Tank Class in TERA and so you'll enjoy the fastest instance queuing and stuff. No experience playing this class in PvP but I guess with a healer you'd be immortal.

Heal Class

Priest: Lots of AOE Heals/channeled/direct heals. Healing in Tera is a bit more interesting that other MMO's as you have to be constantly moving around, you also have to aim all your skills, so you can't just sit at the back and macro 1-5 every time somebody gets hit by stuff.

Mystic: Weird Heal/DPS hybrid class, specializes in group buffs and DOT's. Can also drop little health/mana orbs for people to pick up in the fight so you don't have to heal them. Currently a bit underpowered but news from KTera is that they're getting buffed this summer.

Source: Level 60 Warrior, Lancer, Sorcerer. Played most other classes on and off (apart from Slayer, I have no idea what they're actually like to play)

edit: Please don't make me write any more bigposts, I could literally fill the next 3 pages with TERA stuff.

doubleedit: I should point out that TERA is all about THE GRIND. You will take at least a hundred hours to level assuming you don't use XP boosters or farm spots, Questing is generally "go here, kill 20 of these, come back" if you get bored I'd suggest doing dungeons for a level or 2, or try soloing some of the BAMs (Big ass monsters, basically groupquest mobs)

Don't even get me started on the gear grind at level 60, you will spend days farming rep for each piece of gear you want, and then you'll spend weeks farming the next bit. (Unless you do what I did and fucked about with the auction house for a few hours and now I have so much gold I can't even spend it all)

Finally, you'll probably notice a whole load of cosmetic gear, most of it is really rare and/or event related. If you like playing dress up and standing out from other characters with firey mounts or maid outfits (fucking 2% drop chance from fucking microtransaction boxes) then this is the game for you, hell a pair of fucking glasses costs as much as an end game maxed out weapon.

Isyel
May 26 2013, 05:44:23 PM
Slayer is epic fun. Tons of mobility and lovely damage.

Kilabi
May 26 2013, 05:48:20 PM
Underpowered healer sounds like something I want to do.
Viable in pvp also would make it perfect or I will just level an alt.

XenosisReaper
May 26 2013, 05:55:42 PM
Underpowered healer sounds like something I want to do.
Viable in pvp also would make it perfect or I will just level an alt.

Oh, Mystic is fine at healing.

In PvP? The orbs you can drop everywhere are really handy for holding cap points and keeping randoms alive, your damage is :okay: but you suffer from being slow and squishy without any reliable CC.

As part of a premade pvp group? Very good.
Solo? It depends if somebody tanky covers for you or if you just get wrecked by warriors all the time

Oh god I completely forgot, Battlegrounds are level 60 only, PvP below that is just open world pvp and you'll almost always be up against people 3 or 4 levels higher ganking lowbies.

Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Class

Be prepared to die over and over and over in pvp until you can at least get the first set, which should only take you a day or 2, less if you buy bits off the AH or use bits of PVE gear to boost.

To be more clear, my 60 Pvp warrior has the best PvP gear available and I will twoshot anyone with gear the tier below, and I'll get oneshot by anyone with the maxed PVE gear (really rare, almost nobody actually has that gear because only 2 or 3 guilds can actually clear the raid at all, let alone farm it.

PVE has a bit of a softer curve, but you'll need to get into a proper guild if you want to progress past the first 2 or 3 PVE sets.

edit: If you're on EU then Killian is the most populated PVP server

Kilabi
May 26 2013, 06:12:11 PM
That kind of puts me off again. Having some advantage with gear is cool and all but that kind of difference in power just because you played more is retarded. Horrible design.

XenosisReaper
May 26 2013, 06:16:04 PM
That kind of puts me off again. Having some advantage with gear is cool and all but that kind of difference in power just because you played more is retarded. Horrible design.

It is pretty big, but most people will either have the 1st or 2nd PVP sets (I have the 3rd) so once you get your first set you'll be a lot less dead most of the time.

Healing in PVP is more about the gear of your team mates than your gear, as long as you stay away from hostile DPS you'll still be contributing a lot

lateedit: Mystics have by far the slowest/worst/most boring leveling experience. You're going to be faster either permarunning dungeons when you hit level 20, or finding somebody to dps you through quests

xanral
July 10 2013, 07:52:02 PM
Decided to try out this game and have had fun so far. Did the first dungeon, BoL, with my human lancer twice. Runs went well but I'm assuming the difficulty ramps up quite a bit. Really liking the active tanking of the lancer, feels like I have more control of my survivability than the healer unlike most other MMOs. Have a few questions on Lancers (mine is 23 atm):

If I'm standing in front of the boss with a slayer behind it and the boss does a whirlwind style move and I stand fast to block it does the slayer need to dodge? Would a priest standing directly behind my lancer's shield need to dodge?

Is it common practice like in other MMOs to spin the mobs where they have their backs to the party?

As far as threat generation goes, are challenging shout and shield counter pretty much the only moves I need to worry about for holding mob attention? Where other stuff is for utility (leash, stuns) or just for building back my resources?

How close can I time my stand fast (assuming 0 latency)? Do I need to block before the monster starts his swing or could I feasibly block mid swing or while an arrow is mid air?

The DR on stand fast (x damage), is that per attack or per stand fast (I'm assuming the first)?

Have a few questions on other classes but I'll save those for later.

XenosisReaper
July 10 2013, 08:35:13 PM
Decided to try out this game and have had fun so far. Did the first dungeon, BoL, with my human lancer twice. Runs went well but I'm assuming the difficulty ramps up quite a bit. Really liking the active tanking of the lancer, feels like I have more control of my survivability than the healer unlike most other MMOs. Have a few questions on Lancers (mine is 23 atm):

If I'm standing in front of the boss with a slayer behind it and the boss does a whirlwind style move and I stand fast to block it does the slayer need to dodge? Would a priest standing directly behind my lancer's shield need to dodge?

Is it common practice like in other MMOs to spin the mobs where they have their backs to the party?

As far as threat generation goes, are challenging shout and shield counter pretty much the only moves I need to worry about for holding mob attention? Where other stuff is for utility (leash, stuns) or just for building back my resources?

How close can I time my stand fast (assuming 0 latency)? Do I need to block before the monster starts his swing or could I feasibly block mid swing or while an arrow is mid air?

The DR on stand fast (x damage), is that per attack or per stand fast (I'm assuming the first)?

Have a few questions on other classes but I'll save those for later.

1) Slayer has to dodge, Priest doesn't. Lancer block is essentially a cone backwards from your shield.

2) Yes, although later bosses will force you/others to move about so much that it isn't really helpful anyway

3) You'll get more threat generation mechanics as you level up, however it's rare for a healer or DPS class to pull aggro off something you're focusing on (unless a Slayer gets a mad crit or something)

4) You'll take damage when the monsters swing actually hits you, learning boss patterns will help this quite a bit.

5) Not sure, I think it's per attack

(I don't play Lancer much, my level 60 Elin hasn't been used in a few months)

Edit: last week I finally (finally) got full +9 Visionmakers gear on my Warrior.

Fuck, now I need to +12 my weapon and buy the other maid costume and I'll have literally completed this game.

xanral
July 10 2013, 10:50:41 PM
This relates more to leveling up/world PvP than being at max level BGs. If I have to spend 100 hours sucking in world PvP as I level up then I'm probably going to give up on the class before I get to the good stuff.

How are the melee classes (let's say level 30ish) with gap closers and snares in PvP? I can look at skill lists and say the berserker looks like they're screwed in this department while warrior, slayer, and lancer look fairly capable here but that's just theory-crafted.

XenosisReaper
July 10 2013, 11:05:35 PM
This relates more to leveling up/world PvP than being at max level BGs. If I have to spend 100 hours sucking in world PvP as I level up then I'm probably going to give up on the class before I get to the good stuff.

How are the melee classes (let's say level 30ish) with gap closers and snares in PvP? I can look at skill lists and say the berserker looks like they're screwed in this department while warrior, slayer, and lancer look fairly capable here but that's just theory-crafted.

Short answer regarding world pvp: Don't.

Theres no reward for it, and 99% of people trying to kill you will be level 60.

Change channels and get on with grinding.

Open PvP at below level 60 is basically like Lowsec in Eve, one side is trying to kill you, the other side is trying to run.

As far as 1v1 power goes: Warrior > Sorcerer > Slayer > Lancer > Berzeker > Archer > Priest > Mystic.

Although the last 3 are essentially useless in 1v1 pvp, they really should buff archers.

Warrior is a bit meh until you hit 40, because you don't have backstab (op as fuck gapcloser/stunlock) and you can get kited.

But yeah, it's really pointless to Pvp below 60, you're better off just farming. Even at 60 I'd advise you to PVE till you can get at least Regents gear set so you don't get dunked.

(PVP is completely gear based, a full VM player can fuck up 3-4 non-set players solo easily)

XenosisReaper
July 10 2013, 11:18:57 PM
Herp Derp, mate, if you need any help or stuff get on IRC, I pretty much live here.

Melichor
July 11 2013, 11:37:25 AM
Got burnt out before hitting 60 but has anyone played with archers since they got buffed? The buff looked rather awesome

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

xanral
July 17 2013, 08:14:49 PM
Does finding a group pretty much stay with the following all the way through?
lancers: instant
healer: 5-10 minutes
dps: half hour+

Or does it it suddenly shift at later/max level(s)?

Played most of the classes up to low 20s with a bit of world PvP and a BoL run or two to get a feel for them. Will probably stick with lancer and just try to do dungeons straight to 60 with some dps class as an alternative when I want a rest from dungeons.

Is there any point in me doing crafting armor/weapons while leveling up? If not I might just go alchemy on my characters to make buffs/pots. Is there any reason I shouldn't just have a single alchemy character that I feed all items to (level cap on skills, some special BoP items, etc)?

Wish I could answer you on the archer Melichor, at least in the low 20s I felt that my damage was very strong in comparison to the other classes I've tried, especially single/two target.

XenosisReaper
July 17 2013, 09:31:49 PM
Does finding a group pretty much stay with the following all the way through?
lancers: instant
healer: 5-10 minutes
dps: half hour+

Or does it it suddenly shift at later/max level(s)?

Played most of the classes up to low 20s with a bit of world PvP and a BoL run or two to get a feel for them. Will probably stick with lancer and just try to do dungeons straight to 60 with some dps class as an alternative when I want a rest from dungeons.

Is there any point in me doing crafting armor/weapons while leveling up? If not I might just go alchemy on my characters to make buffs/pots. Is there any reason I shouldn't just have a single alchemy character that I feed all items to (level cap on skills, some special BoP items, etc)?

Wish I could answer you on the archer Melichor, at least in the low 20s I felt that my damage was very strong in comparison to the other classes I've tried, especially single/two target.

RE: Queue times, it gets worse at 60, find a guild.

Crafting: Not much point in doing anything other than alchemy for potions, the stuff is easy enough to level with the crafting quests once you hit 60.

You need max crafting (All kinds) to make VM gear and unlock the final inventory slot.

RE: Archers, I actually made a new archer a days back, she's currently 30 and damage certainly feels strong, although that might be because my main is bankrolling her with yellows and enhancing.

xanral
July 18 2013, 08:55:57 PM
For leveling should I just stick to enchanting up to +6 until I get to the high 50s?

Also did SM for the first time last night, once as my slayer to see how the dungeon worked then once tanking as a lancer (just dinged 26 and had yet to really try shield counter). Felt like such a clutz with getting used to how shield counter and block interacted (I expected it to queue to re-enter block stance if I pressed right mouse while doing the counter and had to train my brain to stop expecting that). Poor priest spent much of the run healing me as we went through trash as I seemed to have a knack of blocking with my face. Final boss they at least got to nap on as I don't think I took more than a nick and it never seemed to even swing at anyone else.

Still terrible at rounding up masses of mobs for E-Z mode AEing I see the better lancers doing. My guess is I need to learn the timing of the taunt shout better so I'll be turtled up before 20 things start swinging at me.

Plan to find a guild soonish, hoping to convince some of my friends to give it a try.

Kransthow
December 13 2013, 12:33:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zqUGvrZ.jpg
I'm playing this

XenosisReaper
December 13 2013, 12:50:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zqUGvrZ.jpg
I'm playing this

ur level 41 already?

wot

I call lies

wot server m8

Kilabi
December 13 2013, 12:50:39 PM
Color me surprised.

Kransthow
December 13 2013, 01:00:24 PM
ur level 41 already?

wot

I call lies

wot server m8
http://i.imgur.com/ssycCww.jpg
43 actually now~

Mount tyrranus.

Color me surprised.
http://onebit.us/x/u/Kransthow2/i9FOddsaMD.jpg

XenosisReaper
December 13 2013, 01:04:02 PM
pls stop, I missed the NA .levelup event so I don't actually have any characters on NA

if they do another one I'll join you but for now I need to get my Lancer to 60 so I can have 1 level 60 elin of every class

Then I need to work on on getting half of them full VM and half of them full whatever the new one is

Loire
December 13 2013, 01:06:56 PM
I almost forgot how weird this game is. They really struck weeaboo gold when they melded underage looking female characters with animal ears and tails

XenosisReaper
December 13 2013, 01:08:05 PM
I almost forgot how weird this game is. They really struck weeaboo gold when they melded underage looking female characters with animal ears and tails

You mean like every other JRPG ever?

The only difference is that TERA actually has a pretty awesome combat system and the grind isn't quite as bad as FFXIV or Aion.

(Oh also it's prettier and free)

Kransthow
December 13 2013, 01:13:31 PM
pls stop, I missed the NA .levelup event so I don't actually have any characters on NA

if they do another one I'll join you but for now I need to get my Lancer to 60 so I can have 1 level 60 elin of every class

Then I need to work on on getting half of them full VM and half of them full whatever the new one is
http://i.imgur.com/Inq09vz.jpg
Oh, o-okay.

Kransthow
December 22 2013, 01:20:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DcaKe98.jpg
I'm having fun

XenosisReaper
December 22 2013, 01:42:40 PM
wot gear m80

(real powerlevellers get +12 enchants for levelling)

(go farm dragoons soon if you can't be bothered levelling normally, it's much faster depending on your class)

Kransthow
December 22 2013, 08:56:10 PM
wot gear m80
http://i.imgur.com/Hq99KLp.jpg
only beacuse I <3 you

(real powerlevellers get +12 enchants for levelling)
pls

(go farm dragoons soon if you can't be bothered levelling normally, it's much faster depending on your class)
wots dat

XenosisReaper
December 22 2013, 08:59:26 PM
>+6

pleb pls

http://teratoday.com/tera-guide/tera-leveling-guide

Dragoons were mobs which spawned infinite groupss of minions for as long as they were alive and aggroed, you could aggro 4 of them and then use +minion damage crystals and AOE to level up insanely fast

(i just realized that they nerfed Dragoon farming, FML)

Kransthow
December 22 2013, 09:09:17 PM
>+6

pleb pls
http://i.imgur.com/YGMDdVH.png
>wasting refined alkahest on transient gear

Dragoons were mobs which spawned infinite groupss of minions for as long as they were alive and aggroed, you could aggro 4 of them and then use +minion damage crystals and AOE to level up insanely fast

Sounds boring, I'm enjoying the levelling experience with 3 of us just roller dollering through quests.

http://i.imgur.com/UFvusUF.png
Would be nicer if there was 4 of us

XenosisReaper
December 22 2013, 09:13:17 PM
>+6

pleb pls
http://i.imgur.com/YGMDdVH.png
>wasting refined alkahest on transient gear

Sounds boring, I'm enjoying the levelling experience with 3 of us just roller dollering through quests.

http://i.imgur.com/UFvusUF.png
Would be nicer if there was 4 of us

>look up my account on NA
>level 5

I want to but I don't actually want to at all

edit

>not having enough gold to +9 every piece of enchant able gear every 10 levels

wow

Kransthow
December 22 2013, 09:17:04 PM
>not having enough gold to +9 every piece of enchant able gear every 10 levels

wow
http://i.imgur.com/6TKPar0.png
I can afford to, but I'm saving up for cute costumes.

Kransthow
December 23 2013, 01:10:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DbWwsSn.jpg
Daily life in Arborea

XenosisReaper
December 23 2013, 02:00:54 PM
Never not PVP when possible

Kransthow
December 24 2013, 08:52:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/s5Mapdy.jpg
We made a friend

Kransthow
December 31 2013, 02:13:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TkzJpFd.jpg
>tfw steadfast chestpiece from a zenith box

RazoR
December 31 2013, 02:16:41 PM
Haha, awesome combat system my ass, i can see those piano skillboards from here.

You are in it for the faggotry.

Kransthow
December 31 2013, 02:20:19 PM
Haha, awesome combat system my ass, i can see those piano skillboards from here.

of course I am, the combat is a plus tho

RazoR
December 31 2013, 02:21:15 PM

I meant XR though.

XenosisReaper
December 31 2013, 02:41:09 PM

I meant XR though.

I never said I wasn't in it for the faggotry ;_;

Jolin
December 31 2013, 02:57:10 PM
What server are you on Krans? Or should I play with ghey XR?

XenosisReaper
December 31 2013, 03:12:13 PM

He's on Celestial Hills IIRC

I'm on Killian EU with the /a/ pettans

Kransthow
December 31 2013, 09:54:24 PM
Mount tyrranussssss

Jolin
December 31 2013, 10:11:56 PM
Mount tyrranussssss
oh. I have 2 chars on Celestial Hills now. Damn you both you faggy fags

Kransthow
January 1 2014, 12:12:29 AM
Mount tyrranussssss
http://i.imgur.com/TvZzy7C.png
Not my fault xeno doesn't know anything

XenosisReaper
January 1 2014, 11:54:56 AM
Mount tyrranussssss

:shrug: everyone tells me CH is the only populated server left, don't blame me for your shitty server choices

Kransthow
January 1 2014, 08:54:53 PM
Mount tyrranussssss

:shrug: everyone tells me CH is the only populated server left, don't blame me for your shitty server choices
http://i.imgur.com/Qeuj5Gd.png
I don't play on CH because I'm not a huge slut.

XenosisReaper
January 2 2014, 12:53:39 PM
http://onebit.us/x/u/Xenosis/9UDZOD9wld.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TEyaz-j44A

Western release, never.

L'oiseau
January 2 2014, 02:32:10 PM
This game. Much weird. Wow.

Kransthow
January 2 2014, 09:30:18 PM
This game. Much weird. Wow.
http://i.imgur.com/NMT74ow.png

Cheese nippels
January 3 2014, 01:43:39 AM

Sold!

XenosisReaper
January 3 2014, 11:11:24 AM

Sold!

>implying western servers will ever get it

maybe next year

Kransthow
January 3 2014, 12:06:22 PM

Sold!

maybe next year
http://i.imgur.com/bNLsVXK.gif
>playing on slow as fuck to update eu servers

get gud pleb

XenosisReaper
January 3 2014, 12:08:32 PM

Sold!

maybe next year
http://i.imgur.com/bNLsVXK.gif
>playing on slow as fuck to update eu servers

get gud pleb

http://onebit.us/x/u/Xenosis/9voM8fIFdy.png

>implying NA doesn't take between 6-12 months to catch up

You're still 3 patches behind mate

Kransthow
January 3 2014, 12:19:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/VNHk65p.jpg
>posting the same picture again

XenosisReaper
January 3 2014, 12:27:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/VNHk65p.jpg
>posting the same picture again

http://onebit.us/x/u/Xenosis/sCTHXfkski.png

I couldn't remember which one I posted last ;_;

EntroX
January 3 2014, 03:43:59 PM
more like >playing TERA

Kransthow
January 3 2014, 09:26:11 PM
more like >playing TERA
http://i.imgur.com/4krnZwb.png
fack off cant

EntroX
January 3 2014, 09:27:38 PM
i'd say the same but if you are playing this the ypu already are

XenosisReaper
January 3 2014, 09:44:52 PM

>actually playing FFXIV

shits boring, yo

EntroX
January 3 2014, 09:45:28 PM

>actually playing FFXIV

shits boring, yo

at least its not dead

Kransthow
January 4 2014, 12:30:28 AM

>actually playing FFXIV

shits boring, yo

at least its not dead
http://i.imgur.com/GaHeZ1K.jpg
>tera
>dead

but no seriously fuck off entrox

EntroX
January 4 2014, 12:37:40 AM
no u

Kransthow
January 4 2014, 01:25:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/un1TPd6.jpg
Why would I fuck off out of the thread of a game I enjoy?

XenosisReaper
January 4 2014, 01:34:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/un1TPd6.jpg

graphics for ants etc

Kransthow
January 4 2014, 01:39:17 AM
graphics for ants etc
http://i.imgur.com/cs56apR.jpg
One day I'll have access to my normal monitors, just you wait.

Kransthow
January 4 2014, 10:10:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ivKSAdQ.jpg
Got all my steadfast

awww yeeeee

XenosisReaper
January 4 2014, 03:05:27 PM
Got all my steadfast

awww yeeeee

Isn't steadfast like... tier 12? I can't remember

Kransthow
January 4 2014, 09:38:18 PM
Got all my steadfast

awww yeeeee

tier 14 nerd

XenosisReaper
January 4 2014, 09:54:49 PM
Got all my steadfast

awww yeeeee

tier 14 nerd

oh, so enchanting trash then

Kransthow
January 4 2014, 10:24:16 PM
Got all my steadfast

awww yeeeee

tier 14 nerd

oh, so enchanting trash then
pls

Kransthow
January 6 2014, 10:53:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rAR3Z0f.jpg
Party almost wiped on kezzels
Kezzel stomping all over the place in the narrow part of a canyon confirmed for OP

XenosisReaper
January 6 2014, 10:54:50 AM
Kezzel stomping all over the place in the narrow part of a canyon confirmed for OP

git gud

Kransthow
January 6 2014, 11:07:29 AM

git gud
http://i.imgur.com/MBLukxd.jpg
>implying I was the one dying
It was a murderthon and the order of the day was shitter dps

XenosisReaper
January 6 2014, 11:08:45 AM

git gud
http://i.imgur.com/MBLukxd.jpg
>implying I was the one dying
It was a murderthon and the order of the day was shitter dps

shitter dps in charge of not helping the tank or healers by not dying amirite

XenosisReaper
January 6 2014, 11:41:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/T4EW5FE.jpg

hmmm

Kransthow
January 12 2014, 01:06:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1kEhX6N.jpg
>tfw got a 2nd character up to 60 while you wouldn't make a NA character

XenosisReaper
January 12 2014, 01:15:59 PM

either NA leveling is extremely fast or you have literally no life whatsoever

(you still need another 5 60s in tier 13-14 to catch up though)

Kransthow
January 12 2014, 01:42:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WlNH2yp.jpg
Implying you have a life

XenosisReaper
January 12 2014, 01:45:07 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WlNH2yp.jpg
Implying you have a life

at least I diversify my games~

Kransthow
January 12 2014, 09:47:51 PM
Also missed this last night but

http://i.imgur.com/CxnXI2t.gif
>tier 13
>relevant

XenosisReaper
January 12 2014, 09:55:45 PM
Also missed this last night but

http://i.imgur.com/CxnXI2t.gif
>tier 13
>relevant

I can't be bothered to grind the caster classes because I get too bored.

Loire
January 13 2014, 01:11:10 AM
You guys are literally just talking back and forth and are the only two people in this thread. Why don't you just text each other at this point?

Tellenta
January 13 2014, 02:12:32 AM
You guys are literally just talking back and forth and are the only two people in this thread. Why don't you just text each other at this point?

That's when things get creepy.

Melichor
January 13 2014, 02:40:23 AM
I used to play this, so don't mind finding out what has changed in teh game. Are archers still awesome DPS after the patch a while ago?

QuackBot
January 13 2014, 04:00:15 AM
I used to play this, so don't mind finding out what has changed in teh game. Are archers still awesome DPS after the patch a while ago?
Is this the game?

XenosisReaper
January 13 2014, 06:04:23 AM

Archers have always been the worst non-healer DPS and that hasn't changed for the past 3 patches.

lag
January 13 2014, 07:31:34 AM

this thread/game is already pretty creepy.

Kransthow
January 13 2014, 11:23:02 AM

http://i.imgur.com/JYfjrWT.png
What's wrong with liking elins?

Loire
January 13 2014, 02:57:29 PM

The fact that we imagine non-prepubescent prepubescent little girls does not make it any less creepy.

EntroX
January 13 2014, 03:02:24 PM

because you are awful and that is what awful people do

Melichor
January 13 2014, 03:21:16 PM

Archers have always been the worst non-healer DPS and that hasn't changed for the past 3 patches.

Ahh right before I quit I was told that archers got a massive buff. Guess that was wishful thinking

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

XenosisReaper
January 13 2014, 03:33:07 PM

Ahh right before I quit I was told that archers got a massive buff. Guess that was wishful thinking

Yeah they went from being literally worse DPS than mystics to slightly better than priests

XenosisReaper
January 13 2014, 03:34:29 PM

The fact that we imagine non-prepubescent prepubescent little girls does not make it any less creepy.

remove slavshit

L'oiseau
January 13 2014, 03:41:50 PM
I played it, but my pleb computer was getting raped by the UI-cpu usage. So I stopped. :psyduck:

But my little furry-ball-of-hate, charger/paladin/whatever the fuck the lance/shield class was fun.

XenosisReaper
January 13 2014, 03:45:21 PM
I played it, but my pleb computer was getting raped by the UI-cpu usage. So I stopped. :psyduck:

But my little furry-ball-of-hate, charger/paladin/whatever the fuck the lance/shield class was fun.

Lancer.

Lancer is hilarious because you outDPS all but 2 of the "DPS" classes while being the tankiest class, you only lack mobility which isn't even an issue because you can facetank everything anyway.

It's also completely terrifying in PVP because you have a ranged CC move and like 4 close range stuns to combo, the only class you can't 1v1 reliably are priests and warriors, because priests can theoretically just heal themselves till help comes and Warriors have enough dodge/evasion/stun abilities to kite you forever.

L'oiseau
January 13 2014, 04:20:19 PM

Lancer.

Lancer is hilarious because you outDPS all but 2 of the "DPS" classes while being the tankiest class, you only lack mobility which isn't even an issue because you can facetank everything anyway.

It's also completely terrifying in PVP because you have a ranged CC move and like 4 close range stuns to combo, the only class you can't 1v1 reliably are priests and warriors, because priests can theoretically just heal themselves till help comes and Warriors have enough dodge/evasion/stun abilities to kite you forever.
I'd probably still play if the UI wasn't an unoptimized POS. I might give it a spin again now that I've got a slightly better CPU and graphics card upgrade enroute.

XenosisReaper
January 13 2014, 04:30:44 PM

Lancer.

I'd probably still play if the UI wasn't an unoptimized POS. I might give it a spin again now that I've got a slightly better CPU and graphics card upgrade enroute.

TERA is far more CPU dependent than it is GPU, if you're used to it you can just turn the UI off and enjoy the +30 FPS and only turn it on to turn in quests

Kransthow
January 13 2014, 08:38:40 PM

because you are awful and that is what awful people do
http://i.imgur.com/eRaKBxb.jpg
Go be slow somewhere else entrox

Melichor
January 13 2014, 08:40:33 PM
Yeah when I got my computer I made sure it would be able to handle tera and Witcher 2 lol

Kransthow
January 13 2014, 08:40:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/D0bzfTD.jpg
That's just like, ur opinion man

EntroX
January 13 2014, 09:34:18 PM
as much of a weeaboo that i am, that is borderline creepy

XenosisReaper
January 13 2014, 09:48:26 PM

>borderline

one of us

Kransthow
January 15 2014, 07:43:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/W9GpMY7.jpg
Do you have something against a little bit of elin?

QuackBot
January 15 2014, 08:00:11 AM
TERA is far more CPU dependent than it is GPU, if you're used to it you can just turn the UI off and enjoy the +30 FPS and only turn it on to turn in quests
And only you.

Kilabi
January 15 2014, 07:31:44 PM
I am going to start a doggy lancer. Any tips right away for a noob?

Leveling, itemization, etc....

QuackBot
January 15 2014, 08:00:15 PM

I am right.

Kilabi
January 15 2014, 08:40:13 PM

I am right.

Razor discussion and argument skills acquired.

XenosisReaper
January 15 2014, 09:09:24 PM

It'll be pretty self explanatory tbh, just get used to blocking when mob's eyes glow red

Kransthow
January 15 2014, 09:09:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uZHq0VM.gif
When something is going to hit you block.

When in party play always use your taunt whenever it's off cooldown and keep dat stack of debilitate up.

The weapons you get from relic pieces are OP, use them at every opportunity.

Generally fastest way to level is 2 just grind dem quests.

XenosisReaper
January 15 2014, 10:06:30 PM
I still don't know what Relic pieces do

Kransthow
January 15 2014, 10:34:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fYNaxow.jpg
r u a baka

XenosisReaper
January 15 2014, 10:55:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fYNaxow.jpg