PDA

View Full Version : [MANBOWL] Season 2 now finished, thanks for playing! (FHC Bloodbowl league)

Pages : [1] 2

James Snowscoran
July 12 2011, 01:19:31 AM
http://cf.shacknews.com/images/sshots/Screenshot/14841/14841_4c063ac99383b.jpg

James Snowscoran
July 12 2011, 01:19:43 AM
Season two has been kicked off!

1. Application info

League Name: FHC Manbowl
Password: buttes

Season one participants have priority, otherwise it's first come first serve (12 spots total).

2. Rules

- We're using BB: Legenday Edition. Standard tabletop rules, normal inducements.

- League format is a 2-division league. The top two teams from each division qualifies for the playoffs, where the overall champion and runner-up is decided. Prize money is 80k for the winner, 40k for the runner-up.

- Match schedule is casual-weekly. That means we try to move the match day on after a week if possible, but we can give some slack if people need a few more days to get their matches played. Arrange your matches well in advance, and PM both admins (myself and Zeppelin) or post in this thread if you need extra time. If nobody asks for extra time, the match day will be forwarded after a week, even if matches are still unplayed. If you can't get in touch with your opponent, please let the rest of us know.

- Teams allowed must be either fresh or have participated only in Manbowl season one. New teams must have a TV of at least 800.

3. Admin rights, resetting and validation

Zeppelin (ingame name zeppelins) and myself are the league commissioners. We reset and validate matches, fix scores for unplayed ones, accept applications, organize the division setup etc.

In season one, every coach was given admin rights in order to be able to reset and validate their own games. This is handy, because it enables players to level up their players and spend their cash after a match (useful) and instantly reset and replay a match when someone disconnects (extremely useful). Now, I wish I could grant specific rights to do only reset and validate your own matches, but unfortunately the ingame league management tools doesn't allow us this level of customization, so anyone able to reset their own matches are also able to mess around with the other matches in the division. For this reason, in season two, admin rights will initially be restricted to coaches that took part in season one. After a few matches have been played, they may also be given to new coaches who behave. They are still only to be used to reset or validate your own matches, and only when both players agree. Drama belongs on the forums, and I'd rather have a flamewar here than a wrecked league ingame. Both resetting and validating matches are irrevocable actions, so don't fuck around.

Guide to resetting/validating matches: http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?418-SHC-MANBALL-%28bloodbowl%29-Thread&p=35841&viewfull=1#post35841

I'll pop into BB:LE every once in a while to validate matches. If you need a match reset, please post on the forums and/or send PMs to both admins; if you don't, chances are good that the match will be validated and the result will remain.

4. Match Scheduling

Get in touch with your opponent as early as possible to schedule your match. Try to get the match played within a week after the match day has been moved on. There are several ways to get in touch with your opponent: Posting in this thread, sending a PM, or contacting them on steam. Steam users are encouraged to join the 'Manbowl' steam group to facilitate matchmaking. However, posting your available days/hours in this thread shortly after the new match day has commenced is strongly recommended; the busier your week, the more important it is that you post early about when you're able to make it. If a match is left unplayed when the match day is forwarded, what result it will be admined to will depend on what's been posted on the forums; PMs and steam messaging will not be taken into consideration. You won't be booted from the league or anything if you fail to post match time suggestions, but when deciding who (if any) will get the win when a match is unplayed it's the easily accessible records, ie this thread, that will be considered.

When scheduling matches, using GMT instead of local time is recommended. GMT =/= British time, as GMT is unaffected by daylight savings. Learn how much your local time diverges from GMT and schedule accordingly.

FAQ

Q: Can I bring my team from season one?
A: Yes, but it should be left in the same state as it was at the end of the season, so don't play any further online matches with it before season two starts.

Q: Can I play with more than one team in the league if they're in different divisions?
A: No. It is likely to lead to trouble with things like match scheduling and getting the match day finished on time. Moreover, your teams could end up facing each other in the playoffs.

James Snowscoran
July 12 2011, 01:20:08 AM
Season 2 participants:

Coach: Zeppelin
Ingame Name: zeppelins
Division: 1
Team: Merry Goodfellows FHC
Race: Orc
Timezone: GMT +1

Coach: James Snowscoran
Ingame Name: James Snowscoran
Team: Ponyville Piebakers
Race: Dark Elves
Timezone: GMT +2

Coach: Filingo
Ingame Name: pinkflamingo
Team: Darkside Derplords
Race: Chaos
Timezone: GMT +1

Coach: Kilabi
Ingame Name: Kilabi
Team: Twilight Sparklers
Race: Necromantic
Timezone:

Coach: Chadsexington
Ingame Name: Chadsexington
Team: Zombies on my Lawn
Race: Undead
Timezone:

Coach: Rhaegor Stormborn
Ingame Name: Rhaegor
Team: Rhaegor's Roughriders
Timezone:

Coach: Lucifer Fellblade
Ingame Name: Lucifer Fellblade
Division: 2
Team: The Felling Blades
Timezone:

Coach: Me
Ingame Name: Chunder Chunderson
Team: Neptune Skyhawks
Race: High Elf
Timezone: +10 GMT
Season 1: -

Coach: Eard
Ingame Name: Eardianm
Team: Everglades Interlopers
Race: Lizardmen
Timezone: -5 GMT

Coach: Lusc
Ingame Name: Lusc
Team: Cock Burners
Race: Humans
Timezone:

Coach: Tiny
Ingame Name: TwoLab
Team: The Slippery Clams
Race: Norse
Timezone: +1 GMT

Coach: Th3GoodSon
Ingame Name: Th3GoodSon
Team: Grimvald Beasts
Timezone: -

Match schedule:

http://i.imgur.com/h34jH.jpg

James Snowscoran
July 12 2011, 01:20:17 AM
Season 1 stats and MVPs:

Final ranking:

http://i.imgur.com/ul4LM.png

Top Scorer:

http://i.imgur.com/E3COw.jpg

Top Thrower:

http://i.imgur.com/AyZ3I.jpg

Top Runner:

http://i.imgur.com/BsQts.jpg

Most Violent:
http://i.imgur.com/TKlWW.jpg

Lana Torrin
July 12 2011, 01:41:02 AM
Lol showing my age again but I have the original bloodbowl board game with the foam granite pitch.. I actually have 2 of them.. And a set with the newer card grass pitch.. I'm going to need to actually buy a copy of the game (a second copy as I already have it on DS.. Unless you know of a way for me to be able to play it on the DS).. Depending on if I can actually FIND it, im interested..

How are games organized (yes I realize you play who the league tells you to play, I mean how do you organize a time to get 'together') and when are they usually played? Like so many gank nights I fear my timezone may be my killer again..

James Snowscoran
July 12 2011, 01:56:59 AM
You organize it with forum posts, PMs or steam messaging (there is a group called manbowl or something)

Chad finished the season fine as the only NA coach, with some flexibility and willingness to schedule time it works out.

Me
July 12 2011, 02:56:40 AM
I'll definetly be up for playing this time round with a High Elf team. Never played online but I'm pretty good against the medium AI :obama:

Name: Neptune Skyhawks
Timezone: East coast Australia +10 GMT

Eard
July 12 2011, 03:21:48 AM
Looking to get in as a new coach as well. US time zone, but pretty flexible on weekends at worst case.

Name: Undecided
Timezone: US Central -5 GMT

chadsexington
July 12 2011, 04:18:53 AM
I'm going to rejoin as well.

I'll take my previous team in if we we're going to have those ones in, if not, I have no problem rerolling.... though it will be a shame to have never gotten to use that mummy with block :(

Zeppelin
July 12 2011, 05:01:52 AM
I'm considering rolling with a human team this time around. They're fun and versatile which is good fun and gives you a lot of room to improve as a coach - then on the other hand I should let the Goodfellows defend their title... think I'll go with the orcs for another season.

Kilabi
July 12 2011, 05:06:13 AM
While i missed my last game because of "horrible busy week" and the -4 GMT opponent i would be up to join again with my S1 team.

James Snowscoran
July 12 2011, 08:52:01 AM
I'm going to rejoin as well.

I'll take my previous team in if we we're going to have those ones in, if not, I have no problem rerolling.... though it will be a shame to have never gotten to use that mummy with block :(
Season one teams can definitely be brought along for season two :)

@Kilabi missing one game is not a problem at all, the important part is staying in contact with your opponent and the rest of the league so we don't wonder if people are going to show or a match is going to get played.

Also updated first post with application information and rudimentary FAQ.

Fellblade
July 12 2011, 10:11:10 AM
Hell yeah effective last place player here, returning for season 2.

Felling Blades are returning to perform better in their second season.

filingo
July 12 2011, 10:13:29 AM
3rd place yay!

edit : ready to derp it up in season 2

Zeppelin
July 15 2011, 01:47:43 PM
FHC, I am dissapoint. I was expecting there to be more interest in joining this glorious event.

Rhaegor Stormborn
July 15 2011, 02:11:25 PM
I will be joining this time around with an Orc team. Will create and apply tonight when I get home from work.

Timezone: US CST

filingo
July 15 2011, 02:29:49 PM
league isn't going to be set up for a bit

so far its...

Me

Eard

Zeppelin
Race : Orcs
Name : Merry goodfellows FHC
Season 1 Champions

Kilabi
Race : Necromantic
Name : Twilight Sparklers
Season 1 4th place

chadsexington
Race : Undead
Name : Zombies on the Lawn
Season 1 5th place

Fellblade
Name : felling blades
Season 1 6th place

Filingo
Race : Chaos
Name : Darkside Derplords
Season 1 3rd place

Rhaegor Stormborn

James (assuming)
Race : Dark elves
Name : Ponyville Piebakers
Season 1 2nd place

lusc
Team name : Cock burners
Race : Human
Ingame name : Lusc

6 returning teams and 3 new teams. hopefully we'll get enough to make two divisions of 6 or 8 B) +1!

if it was 6 and 6 i would guess it would S1 places 1-5 + a cocky new comer then lucifer and 5 new teams?

or we could split the leagues up more to seperate the "seeds" for the inter division play offs B)

Zeppelin
July 16 2011, 05:03:20 AM
Lots of orcish teams. :)

Fitzy
July 19 2011, 02:46:38 AM
league isn't going to be set up for a bit

so far its...

Me

Eard

Zeppelin
Name : Merry goodfellows FHC
Season 1 Champions

Kilabi
Race : Necromantic
Name : Twilight Sparklers
Season 1 4th place

chadsexington
Race : Undead
Name : Zombies on the Lawn
Season 1 5th place

Fellblade
Name : felling blades
Season 1 6th place

Filingo
Race : Chaos
Name : Darkside Derplords
Season 1 3rd place

Rhaegor Stormborn

James (assuming)
Race : Dark elves
Name : Ponyville Piebakers
Season 1 2nd place

6 returning teams and 3 new teams. hopefully we'll get enough to make two divisions of 6 or 8 B)

if it was 6 and 6 i would guess it would S1 places 1-5 + a cocky new comer then lucifer and 5 new teams?

or we could split the leagues up more to seperate the "seeds" for the inter division play offs B)

'Carn the Derplords!

Fellblade
July 19 2011, 02:03:12 PM
moar teams plz

Lusc
July 20 2011, 02:43:40 PM
I am in..

I was going to go Orc but seeing we have a shit load of orc teams I am going to reconsider and try out Humans please.

Will set it up tonight.

Not sure how I am going to do as I only have ever played Orc or Dwarfs and I know Dwarfs are frowned upon because they a cheesey gay.

Tiny
July 20 2011, 04:49:52 PM
I'm in.

Norse team, The Slippery Clams
time zone GMT+1 , with a lot of random variation.

I was gonna go with an elf or skaven team but with all those orcs I'd just end up with a team full of corpses.

Zeppelin
July 20 2011, 07:30:17 PM
...I know Dwarfs are frowned upon because they a cheesey gay.

IMO, whining about dwarfs is sorta like branding 'NEWBIE' to your forehead. They're very strong on lower team values, but as teams progress, they get left behind and their style of play leaves them with a rather predictable plan of attack. Don't get me wrong, dwarfs are terrifyingly good at what they do - but there are ways to counter them.

filingo
July 20 2011, 09:09:18 PM
excellent, excellent. more teams to bash.

i mean, more teams to compete with!

Fellblade
July 20 2011, 10:45:53 PM
excellent, excellent. more teams to get crushed by.

i mean, more teams to crush under ironshod orc boots!

Lusc
July 21 2011, 10:37:40 PM
ok all done

Team name : Cock burners
Race : Human
Ingame name : Lusc

Timezone : GMT and willing to cater for US TZ

Zeppelin
July 21 2011, 11:31:13 PM
Ooh, humans. Would defenatly have gone with a human team if I didn't have a title to defend. :)

Lusc
July 22 2011, 08:27:31 AM
Yeah I am quite looking forward to play a new race.

Also I would like to point people to here http://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy

Its got some good lineups and advice/strategies for all races if you are looking to break into the game or switch to a race you don't know.

Zeppelin
July 24 2011, 12:59:47 AM
Started up a human team for some casual play in the Naggaroth league. Ended up winning three games in about as many hours. First game was against a team of Nurgle's Rotters who tried dodging into tacklezones with the beast of nurgle and his warriors - failing over and over. Eventually, he left the game as I stood by the endzone with the ball ready to plant that first touchdown.

Second game was against an ogre team with a somewhat competent coach - though I've never undertood why people can play with less than three rerolls. I suppose an elf team can get away with two early, but ogres with a single reroll? Thought I'd have a real easy game, but this guy had some ridicilous luck - not failing a single block during the first half despite having no players with block. In the end, through sheer luck I managed to steal the ball from him and plant a 1-0 touchdown using my last two players on the pitch. Some serious dicederp in that game with him mounting up KO after KO and me failing to roll any of them in. He fouled one of my blitzers in turn 16. He still lost though. ^^

Third game was against a chaos team and this game was quite hard. Managed to plant a touchdown in the fourth turn and then failing to prevent him from equalizing. In the second half he's recieving but with some clever blocks I finally manage to break his cage and snatch the ball - stealing it away for a 2-1. The game didn't have a matchmaker last time I had it installed. Good fun sofar.

Lusc
July 24 2011, 07:29:01 PM
May I ask what lineup you have decided to start with?

Also was it a hard cage to break? did you just run all your blitzers in?

Zeppelin
July 25 2011, 05:19:04 AM
Four Blitzers, two throwers, two catchers, three linemen, four rerolls and one fanfactor.

As for the cage, it was the regular X shaped cage with the ballcarrier in the middle, all five players being beastmen. What I did was that I managed to break a hole open in the line of players he had infront of the cage and started sending in my fast players to surround it while my linemen kept his three remaining warriors occupied. Over the course of two-three turns, I blocked and blitzed at the sides of his cage and eventually I had a hole big enough for an assist + blitz on his ballcarrier that didn't require me to roll any dodges. Sent in my block thrower to knock him over, a 4+ pickup and 3+ dodge out and suddenly, I had the ball out of his cage and most of my team in the way so that he wouldn't be able to get too it without some serious elftrickery.

Also, league needs more teams. Join now and be a part of some glorious dicederp.

Lusc
July 26 2011, 01:52:37 PM
A suggestion for how to match the next league

Maybe split it by Top finishing S1 teams as one league and bottem finishing plus new in the other league.

This way the bottem finishers might not have as many SPPs and therefore can get a chance of recouping some against the new teams.

Like wise this makes it so that the new teams dont get turned into puree against the more veteran players in top teams?

Just a thought :)

Zeppelin
July 26 2011, 03:08:48 PM
Season 1: Champions

Timezone:
Season 1: 2nd

Timezone: +1
Season 1: 3rd

Timezone:
Season 1: 4th

Timezone:
Season 1: 5th

Coach: Fellblade
Timezone:
Season 1: 6th

And the new arrivals;

Team:

Team:
Timezone:

Timezone:

That puts us at 11 coaches. One more and we'd be able to toss together a 2x6 league or 1x12(Which IMO, is the maximum number of players in a single arranged schedule league, but I would really prefer it if we could find enough players for two leagues of eight players since that would give us room to move coaches around before any new season according to their performance and experience, making it a bit easier for those who draw up new rosters and those who don't have all that many games behind them.

So yeah, 3 more players would be awesome, but one more would do I guess.

filingo
July 26 2011, 03:41:36 PM
newer teams can probably hire some bastard star player which will fuck up existing teams players tho :p

Lusc
July 26 2011, 03:55:07 PM
haha yeah good point :)

Zep I agree with you 2 x6 or 8 would be awesome.

See if some old SHCers I know want in on this.

Th3GoodSon
July 26 2011, 09:51:09 PM
Hi, I've been playing in a league with Flingo and Kilabi, they suggested I apply to join in with real MEN for real MANBOWL. Or something like that. I only can aspire to achieve such levels of MANLYNESS from those paragons of MANLY virtue, and hope you can find space for me to prove my MANHOOD

filingo
July 26 2011, 09:56:50 PM
i really dont want to see th3goodsons manhood but will vouch for his ability to turn up for matches.

worthy first post containing both content and homo eroticism

Lusc
July 26 2011, 10:21:31 PM
worthy first post containing both content and homo eroticism

Of which the first part is a rarity on these boards. Second part being quite common.

Nice to have you aboard Th3GoodSon, enjoy your stay here :D

chadsexington
July 27 2011, 12:58:55 PM
If we end up needing 1 player to fill a magic void I have no problem putting another team in the newer tier. I've harassed a few of my e-friends to join up to this, but since they haven't shown up here yet I must assume they are massive cockfags.

pwtrx
July 28 2011, 01:14:20 PM
Coach: Pwtrx
Team:
massive cockfags
Race: Skaven
Timezone:

I'm with that asshat chad. He harassed me until I bought the game then harassed me until I signed up here. So blame him when I take home the trophy. There is a big trophy, right?

Zeppelin
July 28 2011, 01:23:22 PM
Season 1: Champions

Timezone:
Season 1: 2nd

Timezone: +1
Season 1: 3rd

Timezone:
Season 1: 4th

Timezone:
Season 1: 5th

Coach: Fellblade
Timezone:
Season 1: 6th

And the new arrivals;

Team:

Team:
Timezone:

Timezone:

Coach: Th3GoodSon
Race: -

Coach: pwtrx
Team: Massive Cockfags
Race: Skaven

Great, that means we're missing one coach for a 2x8 league. Once that happends, I'll be sending out a PM over the boards doublechecking with everyone as we wait for James to get back from his vacation. After that, I'll group the coaches by experience so that the newbies can experience their failures together and hopefully not get stomped into the ground by more seasoned coaches.

Also, boot up your clients, register your teams. Once we have a 16th coach and the PM's go out, I'll also be asking you to fill in the blanks in my list. And for goodness sake, for those of you who haven't picked a race yet - pick something other than Orcs, we have plenty of those already.

Also, join the Manbowl group on steam. Makes contacting eachother easier.

filingo
July 28 2011, 03:09:05 PM
3 orcs

the rest are all different (ok 2 undead and two elves but pretty cool mix of races B) )

are we going with season 1 - fellblade + 3 new coaches then fellblade and the others or season 1 + 2 and then div 2?

could even be fellblade and james as they have the lowest team rankings but then james came second.. could move chad down but i think his team will crunch up the tv 1000 teams a bit :/

James Snowscoran
July 28 2011, 03:21:58 PM
Copying over Zepp's list to page 1, but as far as I can tell that's just 13 coaches, not 15. That said, it's possible (but not optimal) to run divisions with different numbers of teams.

@Filingo: TV values are sometimes misleading, because it doesn't take injured players or unspent levelups and cash into account. Case in point, I think the Piebakers TV you're referring to is due to a MNG witch elf and a new RR I hadn't bought yet, which would increase it by 160. I'm certainly not settling for second division :)

Zeppelin
July 28 2011, 03:56:15 PM
Copying over Zepp's list to page 1, but as far as I can tell that's just 13 coaches, not 15. That said, it's possible (but not optimal) to run divisions with different numbers of teams.

Sorta typed before thinking there. :>

Also, James, can one admin a league you're not playing in? I mean, if we're splitting into two leagues and both of us go for the upper one...?

James Snowscoran
July 28 2011, 04:38:50 PM
Also, James, can one admin a league you're not playing in?

99% sure yes.

Fellblade
July 28 2011, 05:04:57 PM
Hell yeah worst team.

chadsexington
July 28 2011, 11:29:12 PM
could move chad down but i think his team will crunch up the tv 1000 teams a bit :/

Shhh, I'm trying to sandbag here.

Anyway, like I mentioned before, if we need an extra team to get a magic number I'll happily put a second one in, unless i'm already in the lower tier.

James Snowscoran
July 29 2011, 08:42:21 AM
Coach placement hasn't been finalized by a long shot, among other things it depends on the number of coaches that end up participating.

Zeppelin
July 29 2011, 12:10:39 PM
Still, I think it's about time we got rolling again. How about two leagues of 7?

filingo
July 29 2011, 12:12:52 PM
NO WAY Jose

we need even numbers

ill pester some moar people to bring up numbers, how many more?

James Snowscoran
July 29 2011, 12:28:38 PM
Still, I think it's about time we got rolling again. How about two leagues of 7?
Leagues of 7 are impossible, you need an even number to make sure each team gets to play every matchday.

Monday 11:59 GMT will be the deadline for season two applications. We'll finalize the league setup and open for ingame applications early next week, with the aim of being able to kick the league off no later than the 8th of August.

Currently with 13 applicants we're looking at a 2x6 format. If we get fourteen people we could consider a 6+8. 16 people gives us a 2x8 format.

Carlo Curiosus
July 29 2011, 12:56:31 PM
I haven't played BB in ages, but if you really need to make up the numbers I can bring a team of whatever (GMT - but currently 'between jobs', so any timezone is doable :)).

Eard
July 29 2011, 01:32:53 PM
Guess I better figure out a team name. Is the league open at this point to join? Will get created this weekend

filingo
July 29 2011, 03:09:53 PM
the cool mung-beans ^_^

Th3GoodSon
July 30 2011, 01:46:43 PM
Probably going to try going Necromantic fyi chaps

Zeppelin
August 2 2011, 03:15:20 PM
Right. James has set up the league FHC Manbowl, so everyone go ahead and join in as soon as you can.(Password is buttes)I'll be logging in every now and then to accept new teams and I suspect James will be doing the same.

Once we hit 12, we'll split the league into two divisions who'll each have their own league of 6 players, followed by a playoff at the end between to determine an overall champion - we figured having some interaction between the two leagues would be the most fun for everyone. Yes, I also realize that we've got 13 coaches signed, but we're sorta expecting that one or two have already gone missing so 12 coaches it is - so once the teams who took part in season 1 are in, the first ones apply go in. If you're slow and the league fills up before you can apply... well... too bad.

James Snowscoran
August 2 2011, 04:04:11 PM
James, Filingo, Zeppelin, Lusc and Goodson accepted. Also updated first post with info for second season.

Fellblade
August 2 2011, 05:01:34 PM
I'll try and remember to apply when I find the time.

Me
August 3 2011, 12:27:35 AM
Applied to league.

Also joined the steam group, name is Matthew on steam.

James Snowscoran
August 3 2011, 02:23:37 PM
Chad, Kilabi, Lucifer, Me (ingame name Chunder Chunderson right?), Tiny (ingame name Twolab?), Eard (ingame name Eardianm?) accepted. That's 11.

Eard
August 3 2011, 02:24:40 PM
Eard (ingame name Eardianm?)

C

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 3 2011, 05:14:33 PM
I will apply to league tonight when I get home from work (5:30 CST approximately) if there is still a spot available.

chadsexington
August 3 2011, 06:51:53 PM
Trying to get ahold of pwntronix to get him to register. Perhaps the second or third finisher would like to add another team with the scrubs for even numbers?

James Snowscoran
August 3 2011, 07:45:07 PM
The thing is, being 14 doesn't actually help us anything because each division needs to be even numbers, not just the league as a whole. With 16, we could do 8+8, but that would require 3 more people to spontaneously sign up.

I'm generally opposed to one coach coaching two teams, even if they're in different divisions. Unless you're a total basement nerd available 24/7 for glorious Blood Bowl, it will inevitably lead to scheduling trouble, unplayed matches and delayed match day progression.

chadsexington
August 3 2011, 09:18:45 PM
The thing is, being 14 doesn't actually help us anything because each division needs to be even numbers, not just the league as a whole. With 16, we could do 8+8, but that would require 3 more people to spontaneously sign up.

I'm generally opposed to one coach coaching two teams, even if they're in different divisions. Unless you're a total basement nerd available 24/7 for glorious Blood Bowl, it will inevitably lead to scheduling trouble, unplayed matches and delayed match day progression.

Tbh, is there anything forcing us to have one league containing the two divisions? Is there something setup in BB that allows separation of divisions? Why could we not just have two separate leagues?

Lusc
August 3 2011, 09:27:48 PM
I agree with what James has said for everything related to having a league and 2 divisions. I think its more closer knit then.

Also agree people only having one team as well. I think its much more in the spirit of things to have only 1 team.

Me
August 4 2011, 12:06:24 AM
Me (ingame name Chunder Chunderson right?)

Yeah

James Snowscoran
August 4 2011, 12:10:53 AM
Tbh, is there anything forcing us to have one league containing the two divisions? Is there something setup in BB that allows separation of divisions? Why could we not just have two separate leagues?
No, yes, easier to manage that way. Using different leagues requires more out-of-game coordination making sure the right applications end up in the right league. Would also need a separate league for the play-offs. The bigger leagues like Orca-Cola uses this method, but it's not going to happen for this season, sorry. Perhaps next.

Sorry about your buddy, will probably be open spots next season and this one should be quite a bit shorter than the last.

Zeppelin
August 4 2011, 12:13:55 AM
Match schedule.

http://i.imgur.com/h34jH.jpg

James Snowscoran
August 4 2011, 12:31:12 AM
...and thus the league is underway. Updated first page!

Let's aim to have the first match day finished before next friday, so get your matches scheduled! Send your opponent a PM and/or post in this thread. The steam group 'Manbowl' is also very useful for catching other players when they're online!

I'm playing chad sunday 14:00 GMT.

Tiny
August 4 2011, 02:04:15 AM
Tiny (ingame name Twolab?).

That's me, steam name is 2lab.

Me
August 5 2011, 08:05:17 AM
I'm on uni holidays so I'll be free pretty much any time I'm not down the pub so whenever is good for you we can play Fellblade. but I'm AU TZ so that could make things tricky.

Fellblade
August 5 2011, 12:30:43 PM
Indeed it might make it a bit tricky. Looks like the best time would be around 9/10pm your time which should be round noon or later for me.

filingo
August 5 2011, 12:58:27 PM
The Derplords Season opens up with one hell of a grudgematch against the pathetic sparklers

filingo
August 5 2011, 01:20:21 PM
And its lining up to be one hell of a season of Manbowl here folks, we've got all your favourite degenerates from last season here ready to break the faces of our plucky new comers welcoming them to the league! Hopefully we wont see too many beaten and mangled teams lying in ditches along the road to Manbowl Glory

Lets look at match day one :

In division 1 we have the 3rd and 4th placed teams from last season opening with a grudgematch to watch out for - the Derplords narrowly grabbing third after their last two opponents mysteriously failed to show. The Sparklers were none too happy about this but will have ample time to let their fists do the talking!

Next up we have the second placed Piebakers against the Shambling Zombies on the Lawn. Pretty rough early season for the Zombies but a stronger second half could give them the momentum to break the elvish plans. Will the Zombies shamble to victory or will the Piebakers prance to glory? Tune in for this one.

And last of all we have the Dominant team from last season - The Merry Goodfellows FHC. They may be merry but they sure as hell aint good guys by any stretch of the imagination. Facing them is the New Fag Team of the Roughriders. Personally i think they are going to be ridden to within an inch of their lives but lets see what the orc on orc action will bring!

In the second division we have some interesting matches coming up. The inaugural losers the felling blades take on the pointy ears from lothern, the neptune skyhawks. Normally i would predict a thorough pounding to be inflicted on the elves but the blades arent known for their rough n tumble play unfortunately. Maybe these pansy footed greenskins can redeem themselves through the course of the season.

The Penultimate game is a match up of two very different but equally savage teams - the norse versus the lizard men. while neither team could be said to have human level intelligence both possess a low animal cunning distilled from the knowledge of their ancestors and the grain of the country respectively. Lets give it up for the Interlopers the the Clams!

The last game is also a new fag match between two teams with the letter B. Thats right! The Beasts and the Burners face off with some of the past Burner players making up pieces of one of the Beasts zombies. When asked if this represented a conflict of interests for the player the offical reply was "uuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh" Lets hope for some explosive action from this one!

Reginald Flipapongo Here wishing you an Excellent week of Manbowl action

Me
August 6 2011, 11:58:47 AM
Indeed it might make it a bit tricky. Looks like the best time would be around 9/10pm your time which should be round noon or later for me.

9/10 pm is great for me most days of the week, I'm usually up well past midnight.

How's tomorrow for you?

Fellblade
August 6 2011, 01:59:41 PM
Lets try for noon/10pm on monday if thats ok then I guess? I'm in the steam group if you need to find me to remind me, shouldnt do though.

Lusc
August 7 2011, 09:12:29 AM
Th3GoodSon I am awake and ready to play you anytime today :D

chadsexington
August 7 2011, 01:58:23 PM
James, I'm online for our match whenever you are.

Zombies take it 2-1 over the piebakers.

James was very accommodating to me as I found an awesome bug in the first half of the game that forced a restart. I managed to load a debug screen that would not let me interact with the main game. I couldn't see any way to quit the debug, so I typed 'exit' in hopes that would 'exit the debug'. Instead, it exited the game.

Which was a shame, because I was up 1-0 (though it was still early in the first and james had the ball), but more importantly, I killed his mercenary and gained him as a zombie.

After the restart, things were a little harder for me, but the dice were much harder for the piebakers, and really punished him a few times, allowing me to swarm his ballcarrier deep in his end a few times.

He managed to get his ballcarrier out of a 7 man cage, dump the ball off, run downfield, make a pass, and run that in for his touchdown. I'm glad that that didn't happen more often ;)

Either way, great game, and another mummy leveled, so I'm fairly happy with that.

Eard
August 7 2011, 05:04:34 PM
Thanks to a lucky first half that saw the Slippery Clams live up to their name and fail to pick up the ball ~3 times, along with a miracle pass between skinks to score before the end of the half, the Interlopers got out to a 1-0 lead and managed to hold on for the second half. Unfortunately, it cost me 2 skinks in the process as I learned the dangers of standing too close to the sideline.

Tiny
August 7 2011, 05:08:00 PM
The norsemen failed me ;(

At least none of my players got killed.

Lusc
August 7 2011, 05:32:08 PM
Chad are you using windowed mode??

I had a bug like that when I changed to window mode or I had applications maximised behind bloodbowl. So I switched to full screen and it didnt happen again.

Also I would take this oppotunity to warn people about the bug with saved formations, basically if you dont manually make your formations everytime and deicide to load one you made earlier, you might find you only have 10 players on the field and cant put on the last one!!!

Lusc
August 8 2011, 10:20:55 AM
So me and TheGoodSon played our game last night.

Final score was 2-1 to my opponent and was the first time I went up against Werewolves. Those things are fucking evil, the Dice seemed to favour TheGoodSon and I had some moments where I got so frustrated I wanted to snap my keyboard in half - does anyone else get this btw?

It was first time playing humans for me and I have to admit I found them enjoyable, even though with the swealtering heat weather and losing half my team to it for a turn, I like the mobile style of play, with the ability to punch my weight as well (I am usaully a orc player).

Good talk during the game as well, hope the rest of my games have a bit more luck of the dice, but all in all a good Sunday evening game!

Fellblade
August 8 2011, 11:32:27 AM
I'm around now if Me is ready.

Me
August 8 2011, 11:34:17 AM
I'm around now if Me is ready.

Ready to go. I'm Matthew in the steam group.

Fellblade
August 8 2011, 12:41:47 PM
Final result 2-1 to me (not Me, me).

Was a good first half but I think the cage of black orcs + guard was a bit too much for a brand new high elf team to break, the classic 8 turn touchdown sealed the deal.

GG Wp

Me
August 8 2011, 12:50:34 PM
Very good game from Fellblade, I took the early lead with a second turn touchdown as elves do best to lead 1-0. Fellblade's Orcs then held the ball for the rest of the match except for one turn after my wizard torched the ball carrier in the first half and got the only injury (I therefore claim the moral victory :P). The orcs went on to dawdle down the pitch and score right on half time making it 1-1 at the break.

The Orcs took the kickoff in the second half and with a great blocking slowly made their way towards the end zone. Dispite valiant efforts my elves simply couldn't make the two dodge rolls before attempting the tackle. The orcs scored right at the end of the game making the score 1-2 and leaving me 1 turn to try and win it. Even with the high elf passing game this is impossible so I tryed in vane to inflict some damage on the orcs before full time.

Final score Neptune Skyhawks 1 Felling Blades 2.

Lusc
August 8 2011, 01:02:44 PM
Good old Orc cages, although I think I better put all fragile objects away when I go against your team. :D

James Snowscoran
August 8 2011, 01:38:03 PM
Popped in and validated two div2 games earlier today. Would like y'all to note that I'll generally validate any finished matches I come across ingame unless told otherwise, and Zeppelin is liable to do the same- so if you need your match reset instead of validated, make sure we both know (post/PM).

Zeppelin
August 8 2011, 05:13:42 PM
I'm waiting for Rhaegor to pop online later tonight, hopefully we'll get our match played then if not, we should at least be able to set a time and date for it.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 8 2011, 05:36:12 PM
5.5 to 6 hours from now about. =)

Eard
August 8 2011, 05:38:06 PM
So I assume money and team maintenance occurs when the week is actually progressed? Need to remember to replace my fallen skinks :lol:

Tiny
August 8 2011, 05:49:12 PM
I don't think I did any real damage to your skinks, not even a miss next game as far IIRC.

Zeppelin
August 8 2011, 06:12:23 PM
So I assume money and team maintenance occurs when the week is actually progressed? Need to remember to replace my fallen skinks :lol:

Your roster will update once the game is validated by an admin, once that's done, you can spend the gold you earned and select new skills for your players. As for team maintenance, that won't kick in untill your team value reaches a certain level. I think this league is set to 1 750 000 or somesuch, so nothing you need to worry about yet.

Kilabi
August 8 2011, 08:52:33 PM
Filingo and me are done. AND WE DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.

James Snowscoran
August 8 2011, 09:51:32 PM
Show me on the doll where the goat touched you

Zeppelin
August 8 2011, 10:19:05 PM
Rhaegor, there's a thunderstorm passing above my home right now, so I'll be shutting my things off till it passes. I'd rather not have any of my electronics fried.

Shouldn't be gone for too long. If you can't wait, lets try again tomorrow or something.

EDIT: Looks like it's over. Nevermind this post. :>

filingo
August 8 2011, 10:41:42 PM
Show me on the doll where the goat touched you

LOADED DICE IN KILABIS FAVOUR

seriously, 7 kos and 2 deaths inflicted on my team. (apoc'd one away)

chadsexington
August 8 2011, 11:54:57 PM
LOADED DICE IN KILABIS FAVOUR

seriously, 7 kos and 2 deaths inflicted on my team. (apoc'd one away)

RIP Goatsphere

Zeppelin
August 9 2011, 12:31:52 AM
Looks like Rhaegor and I will be playing tomorrow instead.

filingo
August 9 2011, 11:19:43 AM
RIP Goatsphere

Band of Goatsphere Reloaded

James Snowscoran
August 9 2011, 05:44:18 PM
Would you be kind enough to advance the MD and let us know when your match is done Zepp? TIA

Zeppelin
August 9 2011, 09:17:55 PM
Would you be kind enough to advance the MD and let us know when your match is done Zepp? TIA

It should happen sometime tonight, assuming I have sufficient rights to do so.

EDIT; Alright, the game is on.

In the southern half of the pitch we have the reigning champions - The Merry Goodfellows FHC who're taking on the newcomers Rhaegor's Roughriders. I'll be typing some commentary as the game goes on in here.

Roughnecks having a whooping 480 000 inducements decide to hire in Varag Ghoulchewer, some re rolls and a lineorc merc. To add to the confusion, both teams have identical colours - so it'll be hard to tell players apart a times.

Goodfellows receiving and a rather uneventful first turn ends as the orcs push each other around. The Roughnecks meet the Goodfellows advance and a big brawl ensues. Another turn passes by and nothing really happens - just a big pile of green pushing each other around. Turn three begins and now the Goodfellows get in a series of good blocks, downing most of the Roughnecks. The ball advances slowly towards the middle line as the Roughnecks get back on their feet.

More pushing ensues and the Roughnecks are putting up one hell of a defence, though it's costing them rerolls - The Goodfellows are having quite some trouble getting any sort of advance going. Out of nowhere a Roughneck lineorc shows up, knocks over the Goodfellows thrower and nabs the ball. Shit.

Dodge +MA blitzer saves that turn, then the Goodfellows derp up by misreading which player it was that had block and give away a turnover despite having re rolls left. Derp.

I derp up some more and lose my chance for a goal. On the bright side, the Roughnecks won't be scoring either. It doesn't help that both teams have pretty much identical players. Turn 8. Roughnecks KO the Goodfellow troll. First player to leave the pitch.

Second half begins, Roughnecks receiving - troll wakes up. Roughriders roll a quick snap. Roughnecks fail their 3+ rr pickup, giving the Goodfellows a very good opportunity to make things difficult for the newcomers. Roughnecks are then forced to play defensively for the next turn and soon the entire pitch is once again just a big green brawl with a Roughneck ballcage hiding in the back... a cage the Goodfellows break open on their 11th turn. Things are looking messy - the Roughneck fighters are mostly tied up by the Goodfellow blackorcs, so the poor thrower isn't likely to get any further up the field this turn.

The cage is fortified, yet the goodfellows manage to down the ballcarrier anyway, then having the fortune of actually catching the ball, dodging out and falling on a GFI... however, the Roughnecks are pushed hard - their ball actually getting closer to their own goal every turn. As the turns are running out, the Roughnecks abandon their plan of scoring, commiting fully to defence aiming for a draw. With the Goodfellows all out of rerolls, it's looking very likely they'll succeed at that.

Time for desperate measures... but of course, that fails on the first die. Hopefully I'll get another chance next turn. Two turns remaining and the Roughnecks build a fortress of Orcs around their ballcarrier. Goodfellows start their turn with a double skull block and it's the Roughnecks again. The game is pretty much over.

0-0. One Roughneck Black Orc got badly hurt.

Cheers to Rhaegor for a tough game. Was really close to scoring in the second half, but you saved that well. o7

Let Match Day 2 begin!

James Snowscoran
August 10 2011, 05:22:52 PM
Nice, that means Match day 2 is on! Tentative deadline for getting your matches played is the end of wednesday august 17th.

Kilabi, we're up. Can you play sat or sunday 23:00 GMT? I'm working evenings this week so if not we may have to do it next week.

Kilabi
August 10 2011, 05:37:05 PM
Nice, that means Match day 2 is on! Tentative deadline for getting your matches played is the end of wednesday august 17th.

Kilabi, we're up. Can you play sat or sunday 23:00 GMT? I'm working evenings this week so if not we may have to do it next week.

I am away this weekend but should be back by sunday evening. Canīt guarantee I will be on but I am trying.

Tiny
August 10 2011, 11:53:13 PM
It seems I'll be playing Lusc this week. I Tell you now I won't be having any on that god bribing cheaky shit this time, numerous squirells have been sacrificed, the blood flows YOU WILL LOSE.

chadsexington
August 11 2011, 02:04:05 AM
Zepp I believe its time for our rematch. If I remember correctly you concussed my mummy last time.

This time, its personal.

So, whens good for you

Eard
August 11 2011, 02:22:37 AM
Uh oh, season 1 Orcs, this might get messy. Fellblade, I should be available on Sunday.

Zeppelin
August 11 2011, 11:08:57 AM
Zepp I believe its time for our rematch. If I remember correctly you concussed my mummy last time.

This time, its personal.

So, whens good for you

I'm working tonight, tomorrow and monday/tuesday. So sometime this weekend would be great.

Fellblade
August 11 2011, 01:32:56 PM
Uh oh, season 1 Orcs, this might get messy. Fellblade, I should be available on Sunday.

Roger that, what timezone/time?

filingo
August 11 2011, 01:37:56 PM
pm me or contact me on steam when you want to rumble rhaegor

all of my goats will be wearing black armbands to remember the goat who fell last match :tinyviolin:

Eard
August 11 2011, 01:43:12 PM
Roger that, what timezone/time?

US Central, I'm usually up by 8am or so, so anytime after that I could probably fit it in

chadsexington
August 11 2011, 11:56:37 PM
I'm working tonight, tomorrow and monday/tuesday. So sometime this weekend would be great.

Well, the weekend is a bit of a crapshoot, so Im not sure how it will work out. I'm around, but I just had my wisdom teeth out so I may not be 100% available ... I also have to watch my kid this weekend, so who friggen knows.

Hit me up on steam when you're around and we can try to sort this out.

Th3GoodSon
August 12 2011, 03:35:09 PM
I'm in Canada atm; have contacted my opponent but no response so far. Organizing a match is going to be tough over the next few days as I am currently without wireless; I'll have to go to a coffee shop to play!

filingo
August 12 2011, 05:03:16 PM
th3g0oD50n is in canadia

interesting

Lusc
August 12 2011, 07:30:56 PM
It seems I'll be playing Lusc this week. I Tell you now I won't be having any on that god bribing cheaky shit this time, numerous squirells have been sacrificed, the blood flows YOU WILL LOSE.

you will need more then squirells.....blonde virgins might have got you a better chance!!

Sunday afternoon/evening good for you? I live at the center of the world, which is UK time.

Me
August 12 2011, 09:05:07 PM
I'm in Canada atm; have contacted my opponent but no response so far. Organizing a match is going to be tough over the next few days as I am currently without wireless; I'll have to go to a coffee shop to play!

derp, I didn't even notice the PMs. I've sent a response back.

Tiny
August 13 2011, 10:23:02 AM
you will need more then squirells.....blonde virgins might have got you a better chance!!

Sunday afternoon/evening good for you? I live at the center of the world, which is UK time.

Sunday afternoon is good, I'm also in UK time.

Zeppelin
August 13 2011, 12:23:58 PM
Chad and I will be playing before I go to work tomorrow evening. He's supposed to contact me over steam when he's got time today.

EDIT; Running commentary time!

Goodfellows vs Zombies on the Lawn with the Goodfellows receiving. Zombies get another reroll at kickoff. Ball scatters off the field and it's later given to the thrower. Goodfellows forced to burn a reroll at the first block - double skulls. Once that initial dicederp is over, they start pressing forwards, pushing hard on the right side of the pitch.

The undead form a defensive line through a series of blocks and dodges, but the orcs press on through a sheer strength advantage. The undead strategy remains the same though and the ghouls have soon dodged out to form a new line for the orcs to get through as the remainder of the team tries to break the defence around the ballcarrier. The orcs are still advancing though, inch by inch. It's a face paced game where the turns are over quickly as rerolls are being spent at a frightening rate.

Alas, turn 5 comes and the Goodfellows finally get their breakthough - 1-0 after a good amount of fighting.

Now the undead advance, after having been given yet another reroll at kickoff.

This is where I forget to type commentary for two turns, but in short the undead sneak in some players on the right side of the pitch while forming a cage around the ghoul with the ball - their lines spread rather thin, they get hit hard by the mass of black orcs that throw themselves at the undead. Lots of pushes. Chad accidentally hitting end turn before doing anything, but the orcs don't have enough turns remaining to do anything useful after that. Chad sadly missed his not that likely chance to score because of it.

Second half. Zombies recieving - a high kick results in a ghoul catching the ball and now the brawling begins. Once again, the undead try and hit the right side of the pitch, when a mummy blitzes and knocks an orc blitzer to the ground. Goodfellows derp up by leaving a black orc in reserve over a lineorc(I hate the game UI sometimes). The undead form a cage around the ghoul with the ball and begin their advance through the orc defence by knocking out the block/guard black orc. The other guard black orc gets stunned. Nasty mummies.

Fortunatly for the Goodfellows, there's a lot of free orcs to act... ...and this is where Chad's client dies and he doesn't have enough time for us to reset the game and play again.

Thus, we decide that we'll try and play again at a later date - resetting the match then. If we don't have the time to do that, we'll go with the 2-0 result that I was given after Chad's disconnection. So yeah, please don't validate our match James. Not before the deadline anyhow - we might be able to find the time to play the match properly still.

chadsexington
August 13 2011, 08:10:17 PM
The only bonus to this is we found how to get rid of GUI_Submit. Unfortnately, I was attempting random things before that and ALT-F4 was one of them. Derp.

Oh, and this time it was my kid mashing the keyboard to bring it up ;)

Zeppelin
August 14 2011, 01:16:08 AM
Right. Match reset. Here we go again.

Turn 1. Goodfellows receiving once again. I make sure not to leave a BO in reserve this time. Kickoff! Kickoff result... Blitz! The undead catch the orcs unaware, ghouls storming behind enemy lines. Ball scatters off the field and the Goodfellows give it to their star blitzer Marhag who rushes deep down the undead side, but as his friends rush in to defend him a turnover occurs and the undead swarm the poor orc, taking the ball from him with most of the orc team in pursuit - lead by Aldhissla, the great rivertroll. The ghouls however are nimble and easily dodge their way through, now bringing the ball back to the line of scrimmage with the orcs trying their best to seal their advance.

Nasty mummy then sends the block/guard BO to the apothecary. The thrower is soon to follow. As is another black orc. Not good. Not good at all. Down three players in two turns.

Goodfellows still fighting back, the dodge blitzers really earning they wage here. A blitz against the ballcarrier who sadly remains on his feet. Zombies run out of rerolls so the half might still be salvageable... but no, the ghoul dodges again and it's 1-0 to the Zombies.

Who then on the kickoff roll another blitz. Kick lands to the far left while the Goodfellows are positioned to strike on the right side. Not happy. The orcs attempt a two turner using their ma7 blitzers hoping for a pass, but the pickup fails and it's over. Goodfellows suffer another turnover and the Undead manage a pickup under orc tacklezones and dodge in for a 2-0. Shit.

Second half begins with the Goodfellows kicking. Zombies get a reroll(6 assistant coaches? o.o) Undead go with their usual approach - sending in some ghouls while forming a cage. Goodfellows form their defence as best they can. One of the Dodge/MA blitzers injure a wight and pin one of the ghouls to the edge of the pitch. The undead resume their attack but are having trouble breaching the orcish line. The orcs on the other hand, are having trouble breaking the undead cage.

Moments later, the dodging ghouls reemerge from their cage, almost planting a 3-0 but the Orcish blitzers are prepared this time and intercept the runner, downing him and stealing the ball. The next turn, they manage to bring it back to the undead side of the pitch. Moments later, the Goodfellows score, bringing the total to 2-1 in the Zombies favour.

Sadly, now the orcs need to grab the ball from the undead and score again in two turns in order to force a draw. Not likely.

Kickoff. Quick snap. The kickoff results sure don't like orcs. The Zombies start forming up a fortress of Doom around their ballcarrier and there's just now way that the Orcs will get the ball from them in time. Time for some violence then... now where did that ghoul without block go?

End result: 2-1 to the Zombies. Good match.

Rough start to this league for me. At least another BO learned block. Huzzah.

Kilabi
August 14 2011, 03:13:44 PM
James, I am online now and hopefully for the rest of the evening. Hit me up on steam when you are ready.

Fellblade
August 14 2011, 03:29:21 PM
Started off kicking and managed to break through and grab the ball and hold onto it for the rest of the half. 0-0 half time.

Slow push cage to score on turn 16 as usual. 1-0 full time.

Oh and I killed a skink with xp.

Well played to keep it only a 1-0 with the team value disadvantage.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 14 2011, 07:40:12 PM
Another draw for the Roughriders.

Kilabi
August 14 2011, 08:04:08 PM
And off again for a while. Perhaps back later James.

Tiny
August 14 2011, 08:08:15 PM
It was a bad days for the cock burners, nothing when right for them, while the norsemen could knock the humans about the pitch.

3-0 to the Slippery Clams.

Me
August 15 2011, 04:41:12 AM
th3g0oD50n I'm availiable now if you are.

edit: we'll have to do it tomorrow then, I'm going offline for a bit. Any time except between 1230 and 1430 I'll be available.

James Snowscoran
August 15 2011, 10:47:07 AM
e: And the match is on! Typing as we play.

Piebakers receive, pouring rain. The dark elves set up to drive down the left side of the pitch, ball lands on the far right. With a bit of dodging the ball is retrieved and secured.

Match turns into a bit of a brawl near the middle right side of the pitch. Twilight Sparkle of the Ponyville Piebakers bring the number of Sparklers down by pushing them into the stands. The undead are soon outnumbered, but put up a tenacious defense with flesh golems and a very persistent ghoul. In the end they succeed in keeping the Piebakers from scoring when Pinkie Pie falls on her ass one step from the goalline due to a failed GFI in turn 8.

Second half, Piebakers kick. A lucky blitz event with an onside kick is a great opportunity, and though Fluttershy fails the catch the ball bounces to Scootaloo, who snatches it before it bounces out. Once the ball is secured, Twilight goes to work again on the sidelines and after a few turns the Sparklers are down two zombies and a werewolf. The Sparklers are unable to recover from this setback, and loses more players to blocks and pushes as the second half progresses, while only managing to send a few opponents into the KO box themselves. In the end, Scootaloo is screened comfortably in to the 1-0 score just before the final whistle.

Was probably a fairly frustrating game for Kilabi, up against a fair bit of blodge with no tacklers and never getting a chance to play the ball. This image probably sums it up:

http://i.imgur.com/UXV88.jpg

filingo
August 15 2011, 11:53:08 AM
Another draw for the Roughriders.

haha, one hell of a draw tho.

I kicked first half and managed to stall out the orcs, good manuvering by both sides tho - was a tight balance between positioning and concentrating players to bash through the other side. orcs managed to sneak down one side at the death of the half but was a little too late.

In the second half the Chaos front line of 4 chaos warriors and a Minotaur unsurprisingly managed to chew up the orc lines and slowly push through until all hell broke loose at the end with the goats pushing, getting scragged, bashing orc etc. in one particually HAX move the orc holding the ball is battered senseless and the ball bounces to a line orc who catches it and then goes on to hold out for the draw

good game and a lot more intense than the score line would indicate. couple of injuries on both sides, nothing too serious. Still leaves the derplords languishing near the bottom of the table after the sparklers match...

James Snowscoran
August 15 2011, 10:23:42 PM
All MD2 matches played and validated except for Neptune Skyhawks VS Grimvald Beasts. Let us know when you guys are done so I can advance the match day.

Me
August 16 2011, 04:40:51 AM
Just got a PM from Th3GoodSon, it seems he is busy for the rest of the week and it's unlikely we'll get the match played before the weekend at the earliest. Is it possible to advance the match-day and we play catch up later or is it a now or never type thing?

James Snowscoran
August 16 2011, 08:07:19 PM
No, we have to wait for you in order to advance the match day. If you can get it scheduled for the weekend that'll be fine, but unless you have a firm date in place by tomorrow evening the match day will be advanced and the result admined.

filingo
August 16 2011, 09:28:44 PM
if someone cant make a match then their opponent gets a 2-0 victoly!

Tiny
August 16 2011, 09:34:07 PM
if someone cant make a match then their opponent gets a 2-0 victoly!

What if they're both being shit? can't you give them a 0-0 draw.

The fact that I still have to play both of them has nothing to do with whether or not they get SPPs.

filingo
August 16 2011, 09:42:49 PM
if they are both absent then yes, but seeing as Me is here and ready to play and goodson is unable to play this week i would say the hollow wictory goes to Me.

Tiny
August 16 2011, 10:04:23 PM
if they are both absent then yes, but seeing as Me is here and ready to play and goodson is unable to play this week i would say the hollow wictory goes to Me.

Your missing the point, after I play the Felling blades i'll proably be all weak and crippled, I don't be wanting to fight team with free ssp, fair play be dammed.

Goodson turn up and play damm you!!11

filingo
August 16 2011, 10:13:16 PM
the felling blades are pansies tbh :p

Eard
August 16 2011, 10:20:36 PM
the felling blades are pansies tbh :p

They killed my skink with exp :(

Tiny
August 16 2011, 10:29:13 PM
They killed my skink with exp :(

I should have a wizard on my side, I'll avenge your skink.

Fellblade
August 16 2011, 11:20:44 PM
Both opponents so far have had wizards. :(

James Snowscoran
August 16 2011, 11:35:24 PM

Should probably clarify the policy with regards to results admining a bit.

The season one ruleset said that

I will forward the match day even if matches are still unplayed, typically admining the result to 0-0.

As it turned out, most of our admined matches occurred due to AWOL players, and those were pretty clear candidates for the 2-0 admined result. In this case, I'm not so sure. When a player has been in touch with his opponent from early on in the week via PM (presumably to schedule a match time) I don't really want to give him an admined loss without very good reasons.

Goodson, Me, I really hope you can manage to schedule a match during the weekend. If you can't, I'll have to discuss with Zeppelin what the result will be admined to. For the future though, whether an unplayed match will be admined to a draw or win will depend on posting activity. If you post soon after the new match day has started with some available days/hours, and don't fail to show up for a scheduled match, you're probably getting a draw if the match is left unplayed. The busier your week, the more important it is that you post early. Sending PMs or steam messages is fine and dandy, but I can't view your messaging (and I don't really want to so please don't start ccing your PMs) so it won't be taken into consideration if the match has to be admined.

I'm not trying to be nazi here and you won't be booted from the league if you fail to post some match time suggestions, but when deciding who (if any) will get the win when a match is unplayed it's the easily accessible records, ie this thread, that will be considered.

Adding this to first page.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 17 2011, 01:38:00 AM
TLDR; Sort your lives out.

chadsexington
August 17 2011, 02:32:52 AM
TLDR; Sort your lives out.

I may as well post this early as it will most likely impact you. I'm away from the 25th to the 28th, so the weekend is completely out for us. If you want to pm me with some kind of schedule we can work out if that makes things tough for you.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 17 2011, 02:36:17 AM
I can play any day starting Tuesday (have an appt on Monday the 22nd) during the week between 6PM CST to 9PM CST to start the match. Not sure if your are a euro or whatnot, but I work during the day, and get home at like 5:45PM CST each day.

Me
August 17 2011, 05:21:47 AM
OK, so everything is up in the air right now. I have internet but I don't know when I can play I'm afraid; the weekend and next week look good, this week... not so much. Has everyone else finished their games?

Is the pm I got last night, I think the 0-0 draw will probably be the best option. The timezone differences and goodson's travel this week has made it too difficult to get this one done unfortunetly.

Zeppelin
August 17 2011, 01:55:56 PM
Well, if both coaches agree to a draw, just go with a draw and get on with it.

James Snowscoran
August 17 2011, 06:36:59 PM
Right, the match has been admined to a draw and we've moved on to match day 3!

http://i.imgur.com/olygS.jpg

Zombies on the Lawn has taken a somewhat surprising clear lead in division one, securing two consecutive wins despite facing the #1 and #2 ranked teams from season one in the first two matchups. If Chad can keep up this performance, the Zombies seem destined for the playoffs. Division two is a lot more even at this point, though season one veterans Felling Blades are showing the newbies exactly how important experience is on the pitch. This match day they're up against Slippery Clams, who probably need at least a draw to retain a chance of making it to the playoffs. Exciting times all around!

We're aiming to be done by the end of Wednesday 24th of August. If you need extra time to get your match played, please let the admins know.

filingo
August 18 2011, 11:02:57 PM
teh goatsphere

why you no work

chadsexington
August 19 2011, 12:45:38 AM
I can play any day starting Tuesday (have an appt on Monday the 22nd) during the week between 6PM CST to 9PM CST to start the match. Not sure if your are a euro or whatnot, but I work during the day, and get home at like 5:45PM CST each day.

Are you free this weekend at all? I'm EST, so we shouldn't have any difficulty scheduling things. I'm also online tonight if you're available - check the steam group for me.

Eard
August 19 2011, 01:05:53 AM
TheGoodSon, I should be available whenever this weekend, if your above statement holds about it being workable

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 19 2011, 01:08:09 AM
Are you free this weekend at all? I'm EST, so we shouldn't have any difficulty scheduling things. I'm also online tonight if you're available - check the steam group for me.

Yeah, for sure. Sometime this weekend we will get it done.

chadsexington
August 19 2011, 01:42:15 AM
Yeah, for sure. Sometime this weekend we will get it done.

KK - are you in the steam group? I change my name often, but my avatar is always a cartoon hitler.

Kilabi
August 19 2011, 06:25:53 AM
Zeppelin, I should be available sunday evening and every evening next week basically. Just hit me on steam when you see me.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 19 2011, 01:53:36 PM
KK - are you in the steam group? I change my name often, but my avatar is always a cartoon hitler.

Yes, steam name is WindyCityShooter.

Zeppelin
August 20 2011, 10:51:38 PM
Kilabi was more or less tearing through my team during the first half when the dice suddenly turned on him and started rolling in my favour and suddenly the undead where going off the pitch in alarming numbers. FHC was dead during our game so no lengthy report this time.

2-1 to the Goodfellows. Almost the entire team is less than 5 spp from skilling up now, but from this game all I got is a tackle blitzer - which isn't bad tbh. GG Kilabi.

Noteworth; My troll was injured twice. Passed both regeneration rolls and returned to the pitch moments later both times. :D

Fellblade
August 20 2011, 11:02:11 PM
Twolab I'm free most of the time, gimme a ballpark and we'll work a time out.

Me
August 21 2011, 06:14:25 AM
Lusc, when are you free for our game? I'm fairly open for the next couple of days.

Lusc
August 21 2011, 09:43:38 AM
Lusc, when are you free for our game? I'm fairly open for the next couple of days.

well my little buttercup, I have woken up this morning and still completly recked and I am getting back on it in about 2 hours, so I propose a game on Monday evening, is that good with you? I am uk time.

much love.

Me
August 21 2011, 10:54:34 AM
well my little buttercup, I have woken up this morning and still completly recked and I am getting back on it in about 2 hours, so I propose a game on Monday evening, is that good with you? I am uk time.

much love.

Sounds like a plan, I'm Australia time so your monday evening is my tuesday morning any time between 6am-8am my time or 9pm-11pm your time. That way I can start my day with some bloodbowl.

Enjoy your drinks.

Fellblade
August 21 2011, 05:11:17 PM
Got the 1-0 victory against TwoLab.

First half I was recieving and he held me off pretty well, taking two injuries and two KO's and using his wizard, stopping me from getting the touchdown.

Second half his KO's got back up, but as he was down 2 guys he set up covering only the right-hand side. I tried to aim my kick to the left side and couldn't have hoped for a better result as the ball landed right next to the centre line, to top it off I got a blitz and caught it. Caged up around the side and nearly lost the ball, managed to get into the middle and cage it up for the slow push while taking out more players. In the end there wasn't much he could do and I ran in the TD on turn 15.

gg and wp

Tiny
August 21 2011, 05:17:45 PM
The the end of the first half I had hope, it died with the kick and blitz.

A loss but none of my players were permantly crippled, though I do have a werewolf missing the next game.

gg

chadsexington
August 21 2011, 05:36:56 PM
Rhaegor, i'm online now and can play - pm me on steam if you're available today.

filingo
August 21 2011, 06:03:00 PM
another match day, another draw for the derplords

was a good game with some horrendous dicerolls at the end for both teams resulting in much hilarity. good fun ( although not for james' players, ouch )

James Snowscoran
August 21 2011, 06:18:41 PM
Brutal game for the Piebakers. Truth be told I played quite badly and as is usually the case Nuffle punishes the careless by some bad dice. I got one lucky break for the equalizing TD, knocking down a goat ball carrier in the middle of my own half then moving the ball all the way into the opposite endzone in the same turn. What this game will be remembered for though is the career-ending injury of star blitzer Applejack, who almost single-handedly carried the team to second place in season one. Late in the second half she went down with a smashed collarbone, and as the doc had already saved Trixie from the clutches of death (though she's still sporting a serious concussion) there was little to be done about it. A ST2 blitzer is about as useful as a halfling, so she's headed to greener meadows for a quiet life of retirement. Oh well.

http://i.imgur.com/zVum3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WyWUe.png

Me
August 22 2011, 08:23:19 PM
Ready for our game when you are lusc.

One of my catchers leveled up and got doubles so expect crazy passing in traffic with his new nerves of steel skill.

Eard
August 22 2011, 08:29:38 PM
Th3GoodSon and I aiming for tonight unless his plans change

Me
August 22 2011, 10:04:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/40vBJ.jpg

2-1 to the Cock Burners over the Skyhawks in the battle of the cellar dwellers. Quite a fun game but too many injuries and missed oportunities from my team. Lost my thrower early on to a concussion on a go for it to takle a linesman about to score (apothecary re-roll failed and came up dead :cut:) and found out the hard way even with AG4 the line elves can't make a pass most of the time.

Ended up loosing a line elf to badly hurt and then another to concussion but managed to kick the ogre when he was down to send him off badly hurt in the last turn :obama:

Kilabi
August 22 2011, 10:06:31 PM
4 tackles = 1 KO, 3 casualties. ^^

James Snowscoran
August 22 2011, 10:23:26 PM
4 tackles = 1 KO, 3 casualties. ^^
Don't think any of the tackles resulted in cas or KO. AFAIK the Cock Burners' stats imply that they caused 2 cas and 1 KO by blocks, and the last cas is presumably the failed gfi mentioned above.

Me
August 22 2011, 10:50:26 PM
Don't think any of the tackles resulted in cas or KO. AFAIK the Cock Burners' stats imply that they caused 2 cas and 1 KO by blocks, and the last cas is presumably the failed gfi mentioned above.

Are tackles failed dodges? If so then yeah, all the damage bar the first concussion (gfi) was from blocks.

Also I lol'd when his ogre got double skulls on a line elf then re-rolled for skulls again.

James Snowscoran
August 22 2011, 11:45:39 PM
Are tackles failed dodges?
Tackles sustained=failed dodges as far as I know. Bit strange to even list the "tackles inflicted" stat, as the game system doesn't really keep track of who tackles who.

Lusc
August 23 2011, 07:57:04 AM
Are tackles failed dodges? If so then yeah, all the damage bar the first concussion (gfi) was from blocks.

Also I lol'd when his ogre got double skulls on a line elf then re-rolled for skulls again.

Haha yeah that was mega gay. I should have just gone for the pick up with a 4+ but I thought it might have been worth trying to make it 3+. That was a painful mistake.

Anyway I had a much better outing then my last game where my team got the shit kicked out of them. Managed to finally get some SPP flowing and a level up.

First time I am using a orge though in this season and I have to say I am not that impressed with it, maybe if it gets block and pro it will be better.

chadsexington
August 23 2011, 11:14:15 PM
Match started - typing as we play.

Orcs get a whopping 480k in inducements, and hire Varag Ghoul Chewer as a very-scary hero. I'm not 100% I like the moniker "Ghoul Chewer", but I suppose time will tell if it was earned.

Zombies win kickoff and receive. Ball rolls "nice day". What, no blitz?

Zombies knock out the first line, including star player, form up a tight box behind scrimmage and end turn

Orcs push in tight around the box, knocking down a wight, but zombies come back and fracture the skull of a black orc. Zombies slowly advance to the other side of the LOS, knocking down everyone they block and form another cage. Unfortunately (for them), t hey use up a reroll early on a wight rolling double skulls in turn 2.

That loss is short-lived as the orcs blow a reroll trying to get their downed star player to "jump up". Little happens for the orcs as they surround the cage in an attempt to slow the zombies down.

After a heroic black orc (with block) survives two successive two-dice blocks by the zombies, a mummy injures him. Luckily, no long term damage is sustained, but he will be missing the rest of this game. Down two black orcs only 4 turns into the game; this is going to hurt the orc coach.

Zombies break their own cage to send a ghoul down the right side of the field in the open, leaving a perilous path for the orcs to take to free the ball.

The orcs send a blitzer one square from the freed ghoul, hoping to pause him enough that a ballsy play wont result in a one turn touchdown. Orcs burn a second reroll avoiding a skull on a single die block - they're down to one reroll about midway through the half. The hero jumps up quite successfully this time.

Gamble may not pay off for zombies as all the orcs blocks take down key zombie players - including a mummy. Things are looking very sketchy as the zombies take their turn.

The zombies manage to free the ghoul ballcarrier who whips over to the free ghoul near the sidelines and hands off the ball. The ghoul attempts to balls out run for the TD, including two GFI's. However, only one of those turns out to be successful, having used up a reroll handing the ball off.

The orcs are unlucky and fail to pick up the ball, allowing two ghouls to get one square away, blitz one of the two orcs and grab the ball. The turn is short lived as a mummy's two dice block is stopped by Ghoul Chewer, who has done absolutely none of that so far this match.

Orcs recover ball using the last of their rerolls and move it two squares from their own endzone, but little else occurs that turn. Zombies manage to post a marker ghoul on him on their turn, but not much else

Orcs are in bad shape going into their sixth turn - stuck one step from their endzone and trying to build a cage, but their turn ends too soon as they fail to block a zombie.

The zombies form a protective barrier around the orc ballcarier, but are unable to strip the ball from him, despite multiple block attempts.

The orcs look to clutch in turn 7, but all three ghouls are surrounding the ballcarrier, along with a wight and two zombies. Orcs have two blitzers and a thrower to credit themselves with on their two line, holding onto the ball with everything they've got. Clutch dodge brings them anotrher blitzer, and their turn ends when they get greedy and try to add one more

Hero blocks by the orc carrier allow him to fend off FOUR double dice blocks, eventually causing a turnover.

The zombies will not score the first half

Turn 8 has the orcs trying to rack up whatever knockdowns they can accomplish before the half, which results in a mummy getting KO'd.

Mummy fails to get up for the half, and will continue to fail until the game is over.

Kick yields perfect defense (now were talkin).

Zombies misread the play and setup for a short kick - turns out to be long. Whoops.

Orcs recover the ball deep in their own zone, left side. Zobmies free themselves and manage to bust through the LOS and place a few markers on the ballcarrier and the two members of the cage. Ghoul fails to dodge and gets clothselined trying to add one more to the fray near the orc endzone

Orcs play it safe and converge on the ballcarrier, knocking down a ghoul and a wight, leaving two downed ghouls and one downed wight. Only one ghoul remains, and he is no longer marking the ballcarrier. The orcs use a reroll to free a lineman from the clutches of a mummy, further securing their cage.

Zombies manage to take out the ballcarrier, but the ball squeezes out AWAY from the orcs TD, much to the chagrin of the three ghouls standing within two steps of the endzone.

An orc recovers the ball, and manages to bring it to the LOS, completely unhindered on that side from any zombie interference. Things are starting to look up for the orcish team, as almost the entirety of the zombies team is pushed up, leaving a wide open path for the orcs to score.

Unfortunately, lucky dice go to the zombies as they scramble two ghouls back to the ballcarrier, take him out, and recover the ball. The respite is short lived as the very next turn the orcs take out the ballcarrier, pushing the ball to the sidelines, but cannot pick it up. The orcs push one block too many and end up with skulls.

Dice are in favour of the zombies, as they knock down one of the two ball guarders, pick up the ball inside a tackle zone, dodge to run it to another ghoul, hand it off, and dodge again for TD.

1-0 Zombies

Kickoff gets zombies another reroll (quote from Rhaegor : "Just what I needed." Hey, I agree)

Orcs fail to pickup, which is really unfortunate due to the positioning of the zombies fast moving ghouls.

Zombies swarm the ball area, hoping to capitalize, but they blow an easy walk-in TD by failing to pick up the ball. Twice. Orcs don't manage to do much, and the zombies are able to recover the ball and put a ghoul on the one yard line with no opposition and none within charging distance.

Zombies take some time to smash some orc players

A near-leveled ghoul runs into the endzone and receives a handoff for some free spp and another TD

Zombies 2-0

GG Rheagor

James Snowscoran
August 24 2011, 12:41:47 AM
No that's quite alright, I'm curious about the plans for Goodson vs Eard though. Are you in touch? Didn't you already schedule to play this like twice already?

Eard
August 24 2011, 01:10:24 AM
Th3GoodSon wasn't available over the weekend, so we only scheduled once, for last night, but we missed each other. Waiting to hear back on PM/watching steam to see if I need to stay up tonight or if we'll squeeze it in tomorrow

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 24 2011, 02:33:19 AM
Chad kicked my ass. Two casualties, one with permenant injuries. I failed to pick up the ball with a sure hands thrower 3 times in a row. He plays very balls to the wall risky, but it pays off. I had fun though, and he is a fun opponent.

Being a first season team, I am way in the hole for the rest of the season with multiple players with injuries affecting them and no cash to buy replacements.

I wish I could use my matchmaking team. =D

Kilabi
August 24 2011, 08:06:43 AM
Tackles are successful blocks.

James Snowscoran
August 24 2011, 10:12:05 AM
Chad kicked my ass. Two casualties, one with permenant injuries. I failed to pick up the ball with a sure hands thrower 3 times in a row. He plays very balls to the wall risky, but it pays off. I had fun though, and he is a fun opponent.

Being a first season team, I am way in the hole for the rest of the season with multiple players with injuries affecting them and no cash to buy replacements.

I wish I could use my matchmaking team. =D
I wish I could say I'm sorry but I suddenly remembered we're up next MD. And I don't have a full roster to field myself, so my sympathy is limited.

Th3GoodSon wasn't available over the weekend, so we only scheduled once, for last night, but we missed each other. Waiting to hear back on PM/watching steam to see if I need to stay up tonight or if we'll squeeze it in tomorrowSounds like you're in touch at least, remember to chime in if you can't get it done by the end of wednesday (today).

Eard
August 24 2011, 10:27:50 AM
We're scheduled again for tonight, so we'll sneak in before the deadline

Th3GoodSon
August 24 2011, 10:29:10 PM
I'm online and waiting right now

Edit: Still waiting. I have dinner at 18:00 your time, which technically only leaves 1hr 30 for our game as of now...

Eard
August 25 2011, 12:23:20 AM
I'm online and waiting right now

Edit: Still waiting. I have dinner at 18:00 your time, which technically only leaves 1hr 30 for our game as of now...

For everyone else, We're on for 10pm! For real this time, etc!

edit: and not that it should matter, but defaulting on this match would not be ideal, I'm down 2 men for this week still :(

chadsexington
August 25 2011, 12:31:15 AM
For everyone else, We're on for 10pm! For real this time, etc!

edit: and not that it should matter, but defaulting on this match would not be ideal, I'm down 2 men for this week still :(

Excellent - it looks like matchday will advance rather quickly, so Kilabi, I'm away from THU-SUN, so we'll have to sort something out next week. Just wanted to give you the heads up before any scheduling stuff was done

Th3GoodSon
August 25 2011, 03:22:49 AM
Game played; draw. Possibly the most dice frustrating game EVER. We both suffered terribly with really random whackey roles and I certainly never managed to build up any play patterns, along with key players going down and not recovering all match. Thanks to Eard for making the time so we could get it done! Sauruses are EVIL when well handled =(

P.S: For some reason I never got to role for winnings after the match?

Eard
August 25 2011, 03:33:49 AM
I tough battle to draw for the Lizardmen and Undead match. Some beautiful passing finished off the initial scoring drive for the Undead. Lizardmen attempted to play to their strength advantage with a rape cage with the remaining 3-4 turns in the first half, but unfortunately the coach had no idea how to actually move the cage forward (no thanks to an immovable centerpiece for the Undead). A last ditch effort to get within scoring distance failed on the last play of the half with the skink unable to field the short pass.

The second half saw the lizardmen move into a loose cage with a skink ball carrier in the middle. After a few rounds of pushing back and forth, skink ballcarrier and moral support sprung into the undead side of the pitch. With one ghoul to dodge, skink number one face planted the dodge roll, ending up injured in the process. After a failed pickup by the ghoul, skink moral support managed the pickup roll and dodge to score, tying 1 to 1. A fitting theme for a match that saw the routine fail and the ridiculous fly without a hitch. Undead fielded and drove up the right side of the field, sneaking past the saurus wave and caused a last ditch effort skink box to stop a last round score.

Team Everglades ran with an 8 member squad in the second half. While the undead were still able to field a full team, key injuries to a werewolf and skeleton-thingie (I have no idea) greatly reduced their potential options.

Some poor defense by me in the first half, still coming to terms with potential maneuverings. Although that first drive did end up with a perfect pass and 4+ catch roll without a hint of re-rolling. :lol: I roughed up the undeadians as much as possible, causing quite a bit of annoyance for Th3GoodSon, who had a fair amount of turns end on my dealers choice. One of my fill-in skinks finished with a gained level, but I didn't have the cash to then hire him on. I bought a replacement player with inducements, but then I ended up with multiple skink fill-ins as well, so I evidently do not understand that process.

Zeppelin
August 25 2011, 05:09:53 AM
Validating the last game. Advancing the league to match day 4.

Me
August 25 2011, 05:57:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Tv43F.jpg

Just had the match from hell with a brand new orc team in matchmaking. 3 injuries and 2 deaths and whenever I went to attack it vertually always came up skulls.

To top it all off, right at the last turn I was recieving the kickoff and rolled pitch invasion which knocked down all of my 4 remaining players, then since it was kicked out and I had noone to give the ball to we were stuck. It seems to be a known bug (http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4983).

I think I'll stick with the non-orc teams from now on, at least they can take a hit. :lol:

Kilabi
August 25 2011, 07:53:57 AM
Excellent - it looks like matchday will advance rather quickly, so Kilabi, I'm away from THU-SUN, so we'll have to sort something out next week. Just wanted to give you the heads up before any scheduling stuff was done

Okay, hit me on steam as soon as you are back and we can schedule it then. I should be available every evening next week.

Kilabi
August 25 2011, 07:54:35 AM
P.S: For some reason I never got to role for winnings after the match?

Roll is automatic, you only get asked if you want to reroll if you are the winner.

James Snowscoran
August 25 2011, 10:45:25 AM
Tentative deadline for getting matches played is the end of Wednesday August 31st.

Rhaegor, this Sunday would be an excellent time for me to play- I'll be available all day on GMT+2. Think we could make that work?

filingo
August 25 2011, 10:49:39 AM
i'm 5th :<

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 25 2011, 02:53:25 PM
Tentative deadline for getting matches played is the end of Wednesday August 31st.

Rhaegor, this Sunday would be an excellent time for me to play- I'll be available all day on GMT+2. Think we could make that work?

Should be fine. Don't think I am doing anything Sunday.

Tiny
August 25 2011, 05:43:15 PM
So I'm playing Me (which confuses me), Sunday seems be be the day that works for most people. is good?

Eard
August 25 2011, 05:45:31 PM
Lusc, I'm 5 hours behind you. I can be available pretty much anytime this weekend, as long as it doesn't involve me waking up at 5am to play

Lusc
August 25 2011, 08:53:44 PM
Lusc, I'm 5 hours behind you. I can be available pretty much anytime this weekend, as long as it doesn't involve me waking up at 5am to play

cool beans.. I am at a LAN this weekend in UK so I am going to make sure the connection is stable and should be able to play over the weekend.

Fellblade
August 25 2011, 09:26:52 PM
iseries?

Th3GoodSon
August 25 2011, 11:41:36 PM
iseries?
I have no idea what that means, but can you hit me up with your TZ and good times to play so we can set stuff up?

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 26 2011, 01:04:29 AM
Hi,

I am being sued by my ex-company for breach of my non-disclosure agreement. I have done nothing wrong, but they are proceeding legal action none-the-less. Anyway, today an injunction was filed against me stating that I must turn over my computer for inspection. I am not sure when this transfer will occur, but the documents state immediately. I am waiting on my lawyers instructions at this time, but I do not know when I must turn it over, or for how long the cocksuckers will keep it. I am hoping it is just a quick download of my harddrive to verify I don't have anything, nor shared anything, but it might be a longer period of time.

Anyway, I may not make my matches this week, or in the coming weeks due to not having my computer. If I am not around, just skip my match for the week. I apologize for the inconvienence and failure to meet my obligations.

Me
August 26 2011, 01:14:59 AM
So I'm playing Me (which confuses me), Sunday seems be be the day that works for most people. is good?

Yeah, Sunday is good for me. With the timezones I can do either around midday - 3pm for you which is around 9pm - midnight for me or early monday morning before uni which is around 10pm Sunday your time.

Let me know which is the best for you.

James Snowscoran
August 26 2011, 01:34:41 AM
Hi,

I am being sued by my ex-company for breach of my non-disclosure agreement. I have done nothing wrong, but they are proceeding legal action none-the-less. Anyway, today an injunction was filed against me stating that I must turn over my computer for inspection. I am not sure when this transfer will occur, but the documents state immediately. I am waiting on my lawyers instructions at this time, but I do not know when I must turn it over, or for how long the cocksuckers will keep it. I am hoping it is just a quick download of my harddrive to verify I don't have anything, nor shared anything, but it might be a longer period of time.

Anyway, I may not make my matches this week, or in the coming weeks due to not having my computer. If I am not around, just skip my match for the week. I apologize for the inconvienence and failure to meet my obligations.
Ouch!

Let me know if we can get our match played before you have to forfeit the pc, and keep us posted. Don't worry too much about league obligations.

chadsexington
August 26 2011, 02:43:35 AM
Ouch. I got threatened with that once, but In my situation they were completely full of shit and pathetic. Hope it all works out for you & g'luck

filingo
August 26 2011, 10:38:08 AM
Hi,

shit!

hope the situation resolves itself quickly

Zeppelin
August 26 2011, 02:19:48 PM
Always sucks to get dragged into legal mumbo, best of luck to you.

Filingo, we're up next. I can't play tomorrow, but other than that I'm free till the 3rd of September, so pick a time that suits you. :>

filingo
August 26 2011, 02:21:00 PM
you will be crush by goat! :>>>

Lusc
August 26 2011, 04:08:14 PM
iseries?

yeah mate, at the i43 :)

Zeppelin
August 26 2011, 11:36:02 PM
Goodfellows played the Derplords just now. Filingo got massively screwed over by the dice in the second half and the Goodfellows win by 2-0.

Also meet the orc who's made up from 20% more awesome than regular orcs - Marhag, capable of a touchdown in 10 seconds flat.

http://i.imgur.com/eL6T7.jpg

Eard
August 27 2011, 12:31:19 AM
My GL apparently backfired

Fellblade
August 27 2011, 01:50:44 AM
Gonna be busy this weekend so sorry to the guy I'm supposed to be playing whos been messaging me today, I'll be around during the week probably.

Th3GoodSon
August 27 2011, 04:34:19 AM
Gonna be busy this weekend so sorry to the guy I'm supposed to be playing whos been messaging me today, I'll be around during the week probably.
Should be OK. Just need your TZ and when you're around most likely

Fellblade
August 27 2011, 12:31:51 PM
GMT and any time during the afternoon/evening on monday would probably be the best for me.

Tiny
August 27 2011, 08:34:02 PM
Yeah, Sunday is good for me. With the timezones I can do either around midday - 3pm for you which is around 9pm - midnight for me or early monday morning before uni which is around 10pm Sunday your time.

Let me know which is the best for you.

I'll try and catch you in the midday-3pm slot, your sunday night.

Eard
August 27 2011, 11:29:49 PM
A painful match for the Interlopers, losing another skink to death blow while failing to return the favor to a human. The lizards were a bigger liability trying to play offense, losing the ball all 3 times without even crossing midfield. Lucky to escape with only a 2-0 loss. Without enough cash to hire a merc at the start, a skink was provided as the fill-in, giving me only 5 saurus on the line, although I don't see it making a big difference in how the match played out.

One of those games where I felt like I had one good turn, at the start of the second half, and everything else was a dice nightmare. And it looks like MVP rolled on a no exp Saurus, so still only one lvl 2 guy when they drastically need the skills. welp!

What are the potential game payouts? I feel like I've been low balled so far, a 30, 40, 30k payout, finally getting 50k for this loss. Basically just enough to replace fallen skinks, but no chance at another reroll/apothecary/etc.

Zeppelin
August 28 2011, 05:08:43 AM
Posting to say that my house got struck my lightning last night and fried an unknown number of computer components. Since it's weekend it might take me a while before I can replace said parts and get back to playing.

Me
August 28 2011, 11:24:38 AM
I'll try and catch you in the midday-3pm slot, your sunday night.

I'm in the Manbowl steam group chat. Yell out in there when you're ready for our game.

edit: 3-0 to Tiny and another career ending injury to one of my players. Gonna take these elves out the back to be shot after this season.

Tiny
August 28 2011, 06:41:17 PM
A high elf team without their thrower is always in trouble and the Skyhwks were no exception.

It didn't start badly for them, the Clams kick landed fair centraly, the ball was recoverd, an Elf blitzer made a daring unassisted blitz to clear the way for the catcher to head down field and the elf linemen knocked the Norsemen down who were on the LOS. A moment later one of the Clams beserkers was standing by a badly mangled elf catcher (the apocothary saved him from death), it was downhill from there.

James Snowscoran
August 28 2011, 11:48:33 PM
Sacrificing many slaves to Nuffle paid off this time, and the Piebakers were able to smash Rhaegor's Roughriders 3-0.

chadsexington
August 29 2011, 02:01:11 AM
Im back Kilabi and will be looking for you in the steam group tomorrow.

EDIT : Match starting, typing as we go

Kilabi and I couldn't connect

I fail at inducements and only put in 50k instead of the 100k I wanted. Kilabi gets 190k, and purchases igor + budweiser babes.

Weather : Snowing. Not good.

Kilabi wins kickoff, gets quick snap

Kilabi sends attackers to the flanks and surrounds wight on right side and knocks him down, opening up a pathway. He also takes out bait zombies on LOS and moves up ghoul + wolf.

Zombies take their turn and knockdown a few players at LOS and move towards the ghoul ballcarrier, marking with own zombie, ghoul + backup.

twilight knocks a wight out of bounds - early. This is going to hurt.

Sparklers do some pushing around LOS but cant move the ball up. Knock down another wight along the sidelines.

Zombies get a free charge at the ballcarrier but are unable to knock the blodging ghoul down, and he sidesteps merrily away. Zombies end their turn with three markers on the ghoul ballcarrier.

Sparklers dodge their ballcarrier away from the scrum - a little too easily. Tackle might be in order.

Left side now completely clear for the sparklers, but the Zombies cause a turnover after a ghoul fails to dodge. Bad break for the sparklers as they do the same, immediately after opening up a clear path - shame.

Lucky single die block knocks down the wight ghoulcarrier on the sparklers, leaving the ball beside a mummy and a wolf. Wolf stuns the mummy and clears the zombies from nearby the ball, which the sparkler's wight recovers.

Zombies converge to the cage but make no real progress. Sparklers easily knock off the one marker on the ballcarrier and opening things up a bit. Some clutch dodging by the zombie's allows a ghoul and a wight to mark the sparklers ballcarrirer just over the LOS, with nothing between him and the TD

Sparklers knock off the wight and bravely dodge their own 5 yeards from the endzone

Rolls are not going with zombies as they blow a dodge and severely injure a ghoul while attempting to clutch block to prevent the TD.

1-0 sparklers

Half.

Kickoff gives zombies another reroll, which is good as they blow the pickup.

Zombies form two cages, attempting to simultaneously push both to increase pressure. They manage to injure a sparklers zombie, but do little else and end their turn.

Golem badly injures a zombie and touches the corner of the ballcarrying cage.

Zombies abandon their primary cage and dump off to the other one just passed the LOS - though this one has some flaws.

Twilight zombie single-die hero blocks and knocks down a mummy.

Zombies scrambling just past LOS; cant seem to get anything started. Mummy finally remembers what his job is and injures a zombie.

Panic sets in as the ballcarrier is tripped attempting to dodge out of tacklezones.

Sparklers KO a wight and recover the ball, but that doesnt last long as a mummy charge puts the ball in the hands of a ghoul hiding at the sidelines

Failed fowling attempt by the zombies gets a dumb zombie ejected

Sparklers show how its done by KO'ing a mummy with a group foul.

Zombies bust out a hailmary run to put a ghoul out of harms way and a few steps from the TD, but 1's and 2's fails on the first GFI, even with those sure feet.

1-0 Sparklers

------

Good game, and I finally felt what it was like to be on the wrong side of baddice. I couldn't seem to get anything started and it seemed like Kilabi was hitting everything (he wasn't, I just put more emphasis on what he succeeded in doing). I had several attempts to push wide open for the TD but each time was laughed at by the RNG gods. I think the most irritating was the failed GFI at turn 14. Ghoul with +1 MV & Sure Feet attempted to run out of the reach of all of the Sparklers players, save one wolf - even then, he would have to hit two GFI's himself to reach.

Anyway, GG, and as a bonus, my wight leveled and rolled doubles - my team could use another blodger.

Fellblade
August 29 2011, 07:52:19 PM
Just about to get the game underway, will be editing with some info as we go.

I kinda knocked everybody out, the TV is really starting to tell now.

Th3GoodSon
August 29 2011, 08:49:02 PM
Just about to get the game underway, will be editing with some info as we go.

I kinda knocked everybody out, the TV is really starting to tell now.
Fellblade's orks where like a force of nature; I made a madly risky TD at the start but from turn 3 onwards I was loosing 1-2 players each turn to KO's. Those orks are BAD ASS =D

Thanks for the game Fellblade, sorry for not being more of a challenge and good luck in the rest of the tournie; it helped ease the pain playing against a guy with such good sportsmanship =)

Zeppelin
August 29 2011, 09:36:26 PM
Computer alive again. Ended up having to replace both the power unit(not sure what it's called in English) and the motherboard. Took the chance to swap out my 4gb of DDR2 ram to 8gb of DDR3 while I was at it.

Still ended up having to reinstall windows though - so I'm currently working my way trough the the tedious process of redownloading and installing all the games and applications I like.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 29 2011, 09:37:42 PM
Sacrificing many slaves to Nuffle paid off this time, and the Piebakers were able to smash Rhaegor's Roughriders 3-0.

Never lost 3-0, in fact, no one has ever scored 3 goals on me. This was a very very painful match. I made some mistakes, James is very good, and he also got very lucky on rolls and I did not.

God it was painful.

James Snowscoran
August 29 2011, 11:17:21 PM
Good stuff, that means MD4 is done and we're ready to advance to MD5!

http://i.imgur.com/Hff74.png

This is the week for the final matches of the league stage, and where we'll determine which four teams will get their chance for glory in the playoffs!

One thing should probably be mentioned first: I'm fairly certain the ingame system uses TD difference to determine tiebreakers, but I'm not 100% certain as it's not documented anywhere.

In any case, for division 1, the top four teams all have a shot at nabbing the #1 or #2 spot, and all three matches will be of importance. After getting their first defeat of the season last match, the Zombies on the Lawn are up versus Filingo's Darkside Derplords. The Zombies need at least a draw to secure their spot in the playoffs, while their opponents are fighting for survival in the top division and need to grab all the points they can get to avoid relegation. Expect a fierce fight between two very physical teams!

Up next, the reinvigorated Twilight Sparklers face off against the battered orcs of Rhaegor's Roughriders. The Sparklers find themselves in a position to compete for a playoff spot after their victory over the Zombies last match, whilst the Roughriders face a challenge not unlike the Derplords' to keep their spot in the division. High octane play from the necros is to be expected, but will they be able to break through a determined orc defense to secure the win Kilabi desperately needs?

Finally, the champions and runners-up of season one will play out a bit of a grudge match to determine who secures the playoff spot as at least one of these teams will not make it that far. Both teams are guaranteed advancement with a win, while a draw may well see them both lose their chance for the championship title! When last they met it ended in a draw, which neither team can afford today, so there will be no mercy and no quarter given when Merry Goodfellows meets Ponyville Piebakers!

The fight for a playoff spot is even fiercer in division two, where four teams struggle for second place behind obvious division champions Felling Blades, who are matched against Cock Burners before they move on to the playoffs. Can the orcs achieve their perfect season or will the humans be able to snatch the points they need for a playoff spot?

Another two teams that will be jostling for their shot at the playoffs are Slippery Clams and Grimvald Beasts. Dead or alive, when werewolf meets werewolf there's bound to be carnage- expect fangs, claws and knuckles to play a prominent part here!

Reeling from a multitude of injuries, Neptune Skyhawks prepares to face Everglades Interlopers for their final match of the season. As underdogs for the playoff spot, the Interlopers need to grab a win, preferably by two or more touchdowns, and pray for a lucky outcome of the other matches. As for the Skyhawks, they'll probably be struggling with only one catcher available for the match, but Nuffle is fickle and fortune favours the bold! It's a well known fact that elves can pull off amazing stunts when hard pressed, so perhaps the time has finally come for the Skyhawks to bring out the mojo and rock the pitch with some splendid passing plays?

There is no tentative deadline this time, we'll try to get all the matches played even if it means waiting for Zepp and Rhaegor; it sucks having to admin results when the final rankings look set to be as close as this! Still, do try to get the matches played within a week if possible.

Fellblade
August 29 2011, 11:58:07 PM
Great summary James.

Eard
August 30 2011, 01:09:51 AM
Me, it appears we have a 15 hour difference between us. So your guess is as good as mine. I've become more addicted to BB as the season has worn on, so I'd love to get it in before the weekend, but it would involve a like a 6am game for one of us. :lol:

Let me know how your weekend looks, we can figure out something then

edit: Also, yes, props James. Same for the people doing in game write ups, I need to try that

chadsexington
August 30 2011, 01:12:35 AM
Great summary James.

Yes, excellent work James - thanks mate ;)

Me
August 30 2011, 03:06:23 AM
Me, it appears we have a 15 hour difference between us. So your guess is as good as mine. I've become more addicted to BB as the season has worn on, so I'd love to get it in before the weekend, but it would involve a like a 6am game for one of us. :lol:

Let me know how your weekend looks, we can figure out something then

edit: Also, yes, props James. Same for the people doing in game write ups, I need to try that

I should be availiable all week except for thursday afternoon/evening my time. I'm in the steam group as Matthew (same avatar as here) whenever I'm online according to steam I should be at my computer or close by so hopefully we'll find a time that's not so early. :P

Fitzy
August 30 2011, 03:33:24 AM
This is currently front runner for thread of the year tbh.

Kilabi
August 30 2011, 05:07:07 AM
Rhaegor, can you make friday? I am away this evening, wednesday and probablly thursday (canīt say that day). But friday should be fine for me.

filingo
August 30 2011, 09:45:58 AM
offical statement from the derplords head coach "this season can best be described by the following four words. derpy derp derp derp. As a special reward to our loyal supporters we have made available a special calendar and 20 limited edition goat hair jerseys with authentic derplords stench. The jerseys were made from the ritual shaving of every team member and held together with parts from the dead and injured of almost every player/spectator found near the pitch. The calendar is a sexy shaven goat calendar which has proven a big hit with prison systems across the old world. And we always use chunky mc chunkersons corpse enhanced grain feed, now with extra dwarf chunks."

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 30 2011, 02:50:47 PM
Rhaegor, can you make friday? I am away this evening, wednesday and probablly thursday (canīt say that day). But friday should be fine for me.

I doubt it. You will most likely win this match by forfeit. See previous post regarding my legal difficulties atm, and my computer availability.

James Snowscoran
August 30 2011, 03:05:06 PM
Do you have any idea when the pc will be returned?

Tiny
August 30 2011, 06:46:55 PM
I've got no work on this week, and my sleep cycle is totaly fucked so any time is as good as any other.

Kilabi
August 30 2011, 06:59:54 PM
I doubt it. You will most likely win this match by forfeit. See previous post regarding my legal difficulties atm, and my computer availability.

Damn, forgot about that. :/
Good luck, tell those bastards to give it to you for a round of MANBOWL.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 30 2011, 08:22:22 PM
Do you have any idea when the pc will be returned?

No idea, a sherrif showed up at my house today, but I was not home. I don't know if he was coming to take my computer or serve me.

I am hoping that whatever they plan on doing will be quick. I have been told that sometimes people can get them to come to their home and just download their hard drive contents, and that is it. I am just concerned that they are tryign to make this bad for me, and will try and keep it like 2 weeks, but who knows.

Just don't wait too long for me. When I know something, I will post, from work.

Tiny
August 30 2011, 08:40:22 PM
No idea, a sherrif showed up at my house today, but I was not home. I don't know if he was coming to take my computer or serve me.

I am hoping that whatever they plan on doing will be quick. I have been told that sometimes people can get them to come to their home and just download their hard drive contents, and that is it. I am just concerned that they are tryign to make this bad for me, and will try and keep it like 2 weeks, but who knows.

Just don't wait too long for me. When I know something, I will post, from work.

I think we should wait on this one, do what little we can to support out fellow manbowl player through strange times.

Eard
August 30 2011, 09:06:19 PM
I think we should wait on this one, do what little we can to support out fellow manbowl player through strange times.

Also fine with that, playoff and relegation spots on the line. Season has played out pretty fast and we haven't lost anyone this time around either

Kilabi
August 30 2011, 09:28:02 PM
I would rather wait and play than get a win for nothing.

Rhaegor Stormborn
August 30 2011, 09:45:24 PM
So, I won't be losing my computer. My attorney got them to agree to use a company to come to my house and download my hard drive, etc. They are doing it at 11am tomorrow, so I expect I should have no downtime. Thanks for saying you would wait for me, but looks like no need now. I have vacation days from work both Thursday and Friday of this week, and Monday off for Labor day, so I can play like a lot this week and weekend. =D

Zeppelin
August 31 2011, 12:14:00 AM
So, here I was playing James and getting seriously owned through a combination of him outplaying me and me constantly messing up, talking the whole shebang here - forgetting to move players, missclicking, generally not just paying enough attention... all this while being outbrawled by a bunch of elves(him KO'ing three orcs the first half, the orcs do nothing in return untill in the very end of the half).

He's winning 2-1 and we're in the final turns of the game. I have no way of winning now, with a fortress of elves sitting around the ball - even a draw is impossible... Then James crashes and I win 4-2 and he dissapears offline.

Fuck no. Not gonna take a victory like that. Resetting our game. We'll play again some other night.

EDIT: We decided to admin the result to a 2-1 seeing as we have no clear rules on what to do. Next league we'll be adopting the Orca Cola Championship rules for this because we don't like changing or adding rules in a season that's already running. Means I only got 3 spp out of the whole match though - which sucks. Ah well. Next season...

James Snowscoran
August 31 2011, 02:08:48 AM
Yeah that was a fairly comprehensive crash on my end, both Steam and BB went down at the same time in a very straightforward CTD just before my turn 16 starts.

After consulting with Eard and Fellblade we decided to admin it to the 2-1 result despite the norm having been to reset matches in case of disconnects. New season 3 ruleset suggestions will be posted later for discussion.

Th3GoodSon
August 31 2011, 07:53:38 AM
I appear to have neither XP or income from that last match. How odd. And frustrating. This has NOT been my season =(

Will teams be rolling over into season 3? I'm not up for being curb stomped by all the 1500+ teams that are developing thanks!

James Snowscoran
August 31 2011, 09:48:50 AM
Does indeed seem odd- your team has only 3 MVPs awarded so far this season. Hmm...

edit: I decided to make a test league to look into how SPP and match winnings are allocated when matches are admined. The league is called "test league" with James Snowscoran as commissioner and has no password. If some of you could make derp teams (16 human linemen and 4 rerolls for example, otherwise anything with TV 1000 works) and apply for the league so I can play around with match admining for a bit that'd be great, as apparently the league can't accept more than one team from each player :/

Note that the league may not show up on the first page of your search results as there are a bunch of other test leagues around. Oh and filingo already sent a halfling team in so I only really need two more.

Kilabi
August 31 2011, 10:33:27 AM
If you get admined the enemy getīs your MVP iirc and you donīt get money.
Which means teh MVP winner getīs 2 MVPs, double winnings and however many TDs you gave him.

James Snowscoran
August 31 2011, 10:37:40 AM
I'm most curious about the draw right now tbh.

Me
August 31 2011, 11:59:55 AM
I'm most curious about the draw right now tbh.

I got quite a bit of SPP (one, maybe two level ups) from the draw that me and goodson got admin'd earlier this season.

chadsexington
August 31 2011, 07:37:42 PM
Fillingo when do you want to do this? The weekend would be the best time for me, I think.

filingo
September 1 2011, 03:08:43 PM
Fillingo when do you want to do this? The weekend would be the best time for me, I think.

yeah sure, weekend works

Th3GoodSon
September 1 2011, 06:00:43 PM
OK, so I should make the effort to set up my match! I'm on -8GMT atm, so my best time to play a GMT player is either about 7-8am in the morning GMT or 6-8pm GMT... but only on days I'm not going out. Not 100% sure of my movements atm, but I may be free over this weekend

Eard
September 1 2011, 06:52:47 PM
Me and I are aiming for tonight

edit: or not so much, port connection error struck. Going to try again this weekend as neither of us have had problems before, and various troubleshooting efforts all failed pointing to it not actually being a port issue

Tiny
September 3 2011, 05:20:31 PM
OK, so I should make the effort to set up my match! I'm on -8GMT atm, so my best time to play a GMT player is either about 7-8am in the morning GMT or 6-8pm GMT... but only on days I'm not going out. Not 100% sure of my movements atm, but I may be free over this weekend

I've been kinda distracted, sunday PM? (in GMT) I've gotta be busy with some house unfucking (and hungover probably), I'll be online on steam and keep an eye on it.

Th3GoodSon
September 3 2011, 06:08:07 PM
I've been kinda distracted, sunday PM? (in GMT) I've gotta be busy with some house unfucking (and hungover probably), I'll be online on steam and keep an eye on it.
Let's see what we can manage. If we don't play by Wednesday I have to forfeit because I'm going sailing for about two weeks! Even if I win, I can't take part in the play offs =(