PDA

View Full Version : as a ceve player i have some question about Invasion version

LittleLove
June 30 2011, 02:35:11 PM
i heard that tengu+Logistics is the best choice for sansha invasion, but when it comes to ships of Amarr and Gallente, ah... any good idea?

GiDiYi
June 30 2011, 05:05:52 PM
Hm, I assume you want to know how to best run the new "Incursions" by Sansha-NPC's when you are skillwise concentrated on Amarr or Gallente-ships:

I have never done any Incursion, but from what I heard, most do it in larger gangs and not just one Tengu + Basilisk.

So, anything goes really if you just stick to a coherent gang-structure.

joe space
June 30 2011, 07:56:02 PM
Hm, I assume you want to know how to best run the new "Incursions" by Sansha-NPC's when you are skillwise concentrated on Amarr or Gallente-ships:

I have never done any Incursion, but from what I heard, most do it in larger gangs and not just one Tengu + Basilisk.

So, anything goes really if you just stick to a coherent gang-structure.

a simple, "i don't know" maybe next time?

corywyn
June 30 2011, 08:07:38 PM
i heard that tengu+Logistics is the best choice for sansha invasion, but when it comes to ships of Amarr and Gallente, ah... any good idea?

Guardians supporting Zealots / Legions / gankBS with a bunch of webs/target painters.

CastleBravo
July 1 2011, 12:42:57 AM
The 10 man sites are best run with vindicators.

SSgtSniper
July 2 2011, 10:01:31 AM
Guardians supporting Zealots / Legions / gankBS with a bunch of webs/target painters.

The ones we've run involved two to three guardians, my damnation, and four or five armor tanked BS/BC to pound away.

and ECCM on the Guardians so I heard though I don't know the truth of that part.

KneeGrow
July 4 2011, 03:38:55 AM

Also WTF do the incursions have to do w/cEve? No one is doing them. That content isn't even on Serenity yet.

Anyway like 'CastleBravo' said earlier. I had someone was telling me they do Incursions on TQ w/2 Basi's a Tengu and a shield tanked Vindi.

IIRC and the sites were some of the more difficult ones.

a simple, "i don't know" maybe next time?

Joe Space, you should shoot yourself in the face.

noobcake
July 4 2011, 03:44:36 AM
Joe Space, you should shoot yourself in the face.

mira o'karr
July 4 2011, 07:46:50 AM
for vanguards you ll need either an armor buffer or shield buffer fleet. 10 people will do. you can go with less but it makes it increasingly harder.

2-3 logistic
1 tank with 100k+ ehp
7-8 dps
omni buffer tank aim for high 70s resists across the board. the more the better.
no active tank.

assault and HQ i havent tried yet but from what i understand you just scale up the number of logis and dps.

Kithran
July 4 2011, 07:59:21 AM
for vanguards you ll need either an armor buffer or shield buffer fleet. 10 people will do. you can go with less but it makes it increasingly harder.

2-3 logistic
1 tank with 100k+ ehp
7-8 dps
omni buffer tank aim for high 70s resists across the board. the more the better.
no active tank.

assault and HQ i havent tried yet but from what i understand you just scale up the number of logis and dps.

You don't need a specific tank ship in vanguard sites, any ship (even a logi) can be first in to the site without problems. All ships should have enough hp buffer to allow logis to switch to you when needed and reasonable resists but don't go overboard - e.g. if you happen to be in a drake you want 3 bcu's and maybe damage rigs.

You can get by with 2 logis or if you really know what you are doing and are all in pirate bs etc you can do vanguards with no logis.

Assault and HQ you scale up numbers, in HQ sites depending on which you are doing a decent 100k+ tank on whatever ship is first in could be needed.

If youi can get it an off-grid 6 link booster is great. Shield gangs tend to go for siege & skirmish links, armour for armour and skirmish or info if they have ecm scorpions.

Joshua Foiritain
July 4 2011, 04:05:24 PM
You don't need a specific tank ship in vanguard sites, any ship (even a logi) can be first in to the site without problems. All ships should have enough hp buffer to allow logis to switch to you when needed and reasonable resists but don't go overboard - e.g. if you happen to be in a drake you want 3 bcu's and maybe damage rigs.

You can get by with 2 logis or if you really know what you are doing and are all in pirate bs etc you can do vanguards with no logis.

Assault and HQ you scale up numbers, in HQ sites depending on which you are doing a decent 100k+ tank on whatever ship is first in could be needed.

If youi can get it an off-grid 6 link booster is great. Shield gangs tend to go for siege & skirmish links, armour for armour and skirmish or info if they have ecm scorpions.
The tank ship is only for the warp in. When you warp in the rest of the fleet will be two or three seconds behind you and the initial dps when you're the only one there is quite massive. I've never tried incursions without having such a tank ship around so perhaps its not even needed but personally i prefer playing it safe.

Ohh_No
July 6 2011, 11:32:21 PM
2x vindi
2x basi
1x off-site boosting tengu
5x shit alts to get the rewards

Just over 100m in my wallet every six minutes. Feels good man.

Muffinsrevenger
July 8 2011, 10:27:30 AM
The tank ship is only for the warp in. When you warp in the rest of the fleet will be two or three seconds behind you and the initial dps when you're the only one there is quite massive. I've never tried incursions without having such a tank ship around so perhaps its not even needed but personally i prefer playing it safe.

A tankship is entirely pointless, and won't even get primaried half the time 'cause of how the targeting of the AI works

But yeah, 6-7 damage battleships, 1-2 rapier/loki/bhaalgorn for webbs and 2 logistics is plenty, might have to do 3 logis if your fleet has retarded members or the incursion just started
Abbys work great, apocs are ok, paladins and vindis do really well

mira o'karr
July 8 2011, 11:03:12 AM
can confirm now that tank is rather pointless.
i was running skirmish links on a sleipnir and was pretty much constant aggro focus. 2 good logi's will do but as you are usually pairing up randoms and a bunch of logi 4 scrubs i recommend 3, especially when doing OTAs.
sleipnir is pretty nice to run, especially for the NCOs. OTA ships tend to start a bit too far out.

incredible how much isk you can make for so little work.