PDA

View Full Version : [TMA] Weapon tiers

Kilabi
June 30 2011, 09:06:15 AM
So i tried to get all the data for small lasers together to see how much better the different tiers really are. By the looks of it there is no huge advantage to use the higher tier stuff really. T4 perhaps but than fitting getīs higher and i am not sure how that work out.
Anyway some stats:

Laser small:

TierX name of module AP/sec optimum/falloff/hitdispersion cycletime/damage-ratio CPU/Reactor
T1 standard 1.25 AP/sec 150/100/3 4/100% 20/40
T2 Thelo-dabis 1 AP/sec 150/100/3 4/100% 18/36
T3 pikolo 1.33AP/sec 135/100/3 3/90% 21/42
T3- niani 1.33 AP/sec 125/100/3 3/90% 24/46
T4 thelo-stroyar 1.7AP/sec 165/100/3 3.5/110% 22/44

So we get, easier to fit/use T2. Slight dps increase for T3 with worse range and fitting and a T4 with highest fitting and AP/sec but overall performance increase. Which makes T4 the best choice for PvP like T2 in eve. Everything else looks expensive but useless.
Did someone check the other weapon types?

Ryoko Matsui
June 30 2011, 09:45:50 AM
So i tried to get all the data for small lasers together to see how much better the different tiers really are. By the looks of it there is no huge advantage to use the higher tier stuff really. T4 perhaps but than fitting getīs higher and i am not sure how that work out.

So we get, easier to fit/use T2. Slight dps increase for T3 with worse range and fitting and a T4 with highest fitting and AP/sec but overall performance increase. Which makes T4 the best choice for PvP like T2 in eve. Everything else looks expensive but useless.
Did someone check the other weapon types?

It is the same with other types of equipment too (not just weapons). Basically T2 is easiest to fit and has least mass. T4 has highest fitting requirements and most mass but has better stats (more optimal / dmg bonus / rep amount etc.)

Oh, did you see the word MASS there? Yes, in PO every module has it's mass affecting your speed :) That means that usually the highspeed "nano" bots equip T2 weps just because of their low mass.

Tailn
June 30 2011, 10:01:06 AM
Don't forget that prototype modules have even better stats so a if T4 = Tech 2 a Proto T4 item = faction, however the prototype costs are 10x the mass production build costs of the same module built from a CT.

Gix Tyrionn
June 30 2011, 12:38:31 PM
Everything else looks expensive but useless.

The items are produced not just dropped so t2 ends up being a hell of alot cheaper than t4. Especially since you need to grind kernels of the same level to get them. A starting industrialist just needs to grind t2 lights to get t2 production rolling, then a corp needs to grind t4's as a group to get t4 production rolling sometime this year.

Like I have a t2 fit pve bot from drops(sans missiles) and haven't seen t4 items yet beyond blowing up CIR guys(northern coalition of Perp)... and I've only seen t3 accum injectors (cap boosters).

Ryoko Matsui
June 30 2011, 01:02:06 PM
Everything else looks expensive but useless.

The items are produced not just dropped so t2 ends up being a hell of alot cheaper than t4. Especially since you need to grind kernels of the same level to get them. A starting industrialist just needs to grind t2 lights to get t2 production rolling, then a corp needs to grind t4's as a group to get t4 production rolling sometime this year.

Like I have a t2 fit pve bot from drops(sans missiles) and haven't seen t4 items yet beyond blowing up CIR guys(northern coalition of Perp)... and I've only seen t3 accum injectors (cap boosters).

I admit that I live in Alpha islands only (namely Hershfield, moved there the day it opened) and I lost just before the eve exile zerg ground the servers to oblivion a fully T4 fit Gropho. And of course it happened far enough from terminal that I didn't make it back before the can expired, bye bye ~70mil NIC :P Reason for loss: Own stupidity, was grinding some NPCs down and saw a Hero Legionnaire pop up in landmarks, well it wasn't alone XD

Solo Gropho vs 2 Hero Legionnaires (Tyrannos), 1 Hero Berserker (Gropho) and 2 Hero ...something... (Waspish)

The moment both Legionnaires got within 250m of me, my accu basically vanished, after that they just needed to volley me to dust.

So yeah, watch the roaming spawns, it WILL hurt :D

Next time that happens, I know to RUN THE HELL AWAY...

Tailn
June 30 2011, 02:04:55 PM
[quote="Gix Tyrionn":12r1o86o]
Next time that happens, I know to RUN THE HELL AWAY...[/quote:12r1o86o]

That's the advice I have been given, it sounds to be quite solid.